D.L. Hawkins

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Captain REX
http://z.about.com/d/comicbooks/1/0/C/A/dlhawkins.jpg

D.L. Hawkins, a man framed for murder and theft, father to a technological genius child, husband to a schitzophrenic She-Hulk. No prison can hold him! He can walk through walls, allow bullets to pass through him harmlessly, leave others merged with walls, and somehow survive being shot twice in a season!

And now he's dead. Did he die from his wounds in after Season One? Or did something else happen to him? Who knows...

Captain REX
So, DL basically lived a not-so-wonderful life...

But he did kill Mr. Linderman for trying to manipulate his wife and son, right? And for shooting him. That bastard.

Tattoo
Originally posted by Captain REX
http://z.about.com/d/comicbooks/1/0/C/A/dlhawkins.jpg

D.L. Hawkins, a man framed for murder and theft, father to a technological genius child, husband to a schitzophrenic She-Hulk. No prison can hold him! He can walk through walks, allow bullets to pass through him harmlessly, leave others merged with walls, and somehow survive being shot twice in a season!

And now he's dead. Did he die from his wounds in after Season One? Or did something else happen to him? Who knows...

"walk through walks"? stick out tongue

Captain REX
Shut your face. You're disrespecting DL's memory.

Mairuzu
its interesting that he actually looks a little like micah..

ok so when he phased through Jessica, i didnt know she passed out cause of just the phasing part... i thought it was cause of he was grabbing her lung or something

Tattoo
Shut your face. You're disrespecting DL's memory.

He never once showed us how to truly use his powers, by phasing face into Claire's cheerleading locker room...he disappoints me.

Mairuzu
Originally posted by Tattoo
He never once showed us how to truly use his powers, by phasing face into Claire's cheerleading locker room...he disappoints me.

thats why we have claude! im sure hes done some fun stuff... i hope!

Captain REX
I would have phased through Niki's clothing. wink

S_D_J

laughing

I really loved his power... but his character... not so much...
At least he did two good things: Micah... and killing Linderman (in one of the greatest wtf moments from last season)

Tattoo
Originally posted by Mairuzu
thats why we have claude! im sure hes done some fun stuff... i hope!

He's probably a pedo that watches little kids.

Captain REX
At least he doesn't phase through little kids. eek!

superkronick92
How come, Matt Parkman can get shot 4 times in the chest and stomach and still be alive but D.L. got shot once by Linderman and is dead?

Captain REX
Well, personally, I don't think Hawkins died from that gunshot...

Strangelove
At least he doesn't phase through little kids. eek! Dirty eek!

rickyduck

Haha well spotted.

I reckon DL died because he tried to walk through a wall but lost his powers fell over and then, a group of yobs happy slapped him.

chickenlover98
Originally posted by superkronick92
How come, Matt Parkman can get shot 4 times in the chest and stomach and still be alive but D.L. got shot once by Linderman and is dead?

because america is racist

Mairuzu
Originally posted by superkronick92
How come, Matt Parkman can get shot 4 times in the chest and stomach and still be alive but D.L. got shot once by Linderman and is dead? well.. im not too sure if this matters but, DL Got shot with a gun... Parkman got stabbed with bullets from Sylars telekinesis, i dont think sylars abilities are able to make a bullet go as fast as a gun.. then again i could be wrong

S_D_J
Originally posted by chickenlover98

crylaugh

that's priceless laughing

exanda kane
Has it been explained what D.L stands for? Only, well it's merely a circumstancial point, but it could stand for Daniel Linderman (without D.L's knowledge of course.)

Entity
All I know is the D stood for Daniel. I'd guess the L's for Lee but I have no idea. But I'm guessing you already caught the Daniel due to your post.

I took notice of that on the tomb stone because its my name. Glad to see more Daniel named characters on tv. Journey Man comes on right after Heroes and his name is Daniel as well.

Before now the only one that really stood out was Daniel Jackson.

Strangelove
Originally posted by exanda kane
Has it been explained what D.L stands for? Only, well it's merely a circumstancial point, but it could stand for Daniel Linderman (without D.L's knowledge of course.) um, I VERY much doubt that.

exanda kane
Originally posted by Strangelove
um, I VERY much doubt that.

Me too; Linderman isn't all conspicuous of a name. But I find it slightly intriguing, that the DL acronym are the initials of someone who pretty much controlled every seemingly chance event in his life.

As I said though, it's a circumstancial point with little relevance to the narrative of season 2, holding about as much weight as your opinions ,which I'm afraid, don't garner much over a simpletons perspective.

Mairuzu
I think they said his full name somewhere... im not sure

stickman618
i think his full name is on his grave stone

what a sucky way to die
that's the third time he's been shot(guess third time really is the charm) ist's almost like he can't phase through solid objects

not only that, but he's a fire fighter!
i would imagine that all fire fighters would want to die saving someone from a burning building(or of old age), not getting shot at a club

T.M
His full name is Daniel Lawrence Hawkins.. it was shown as stickman said on his tombstone in Kindred.

grey fox
I feel cheated with DL. Much like Matt his season 2 appearances seem to almost contradict his season 1 .

Why allow him to survive Kirby Plaza and then kill him with some random thug ? It seems shallow and sloppy, like someone just wanted to add pointless drama and angst .

It would of been interesting keeping him alive as a Super-powered Fireman.

stickman618
i agree

and besides, he can phase through bullets right?

Strangelove
Originally posted by stickman618
i agree

and besides, he can phase through bullets right? He can, but it does require conscious activation.

P-Geyser
Originally posted by chickenlover98

Hehe yeah I agree but what really gets my goat, is how come D.L was not able to have some intamate and hot love making scenes with Niki? (Ali Larter) you think the writers did not want this hot white chick getting it on with a black dude?

Though what is Ironic, is that Niki had this hardcore steamy love scence with Nathan Petrelli.

Also there was an episode where Simone(Black Chic) is getting it on with Peter(White Dude)under the sheets.

I take it you guys know were I am going with this. Poor D.L

stickman618
what does the actor do now?

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.