D2 Vs. WoW heroes!

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Diamond Kisses
The Rogue, Warrior, Warlock, Shaman, Paladin, Hunter, Druid, Mage and Priest!

Versus.

The Assassin, Barbarian, Sorceress, Necromancer, Paladin, Amazon and Druid!

The battle take place in the average forest raver

Darth Extecute
The necromancer and paladin take that bunch on their own.. That of course, depends on the level of varity and gear..

Creshosk
Wouldn't their specs also play a factor?

Darth Extecute
Originally posted by Creshosk
Wouldn't their specs also play a factor?

I doubt it.. But what do you have in mind?

Creshosk
Originally posted by Darth Extecute
I doubt it.. But what do you have in mind? Well I don't know what the best for the scenerio would be...

But I noticed something due to a mistake I made.

When leveling my warrior (prot spec designed to be the ultimate tank sans being a dwarf) I eventually saw some pvp items I wanted.. and nobody ever explained to me how the brackets worked and at level 41 I started PVPing... Yeah I know...

Anyway, I had always heard about how nasty shaman were (this was also before BC was released(netherwelp yay!)) but when I started into PVP my protspec warrior would eat the shaman for breakfast, even level 49 shaman. Now I suspect this is because I could take more damage than either an arms or fury spec warrior and that I had a sheild bash with a 100% chance to silence.

So different skill sets might play a factor... I imagine this is true for either side. So seeing specific builds of each character might be helpful in this match.

Though a necro pali combo for the d2 side is always nasty... A holy spec paladin's concecrate would probably suck hard for the undead army...

The d2 side also doesn't have healers... where a holy pali and holy preist on the WOW side would be beneficial.

It's really hard to say who'd win...

Also are these players behind the wheel? As in would the PVE abilities of the WOW team be useless?

Diamond Kisses
All WoW characters have top gear and ALL talents big grin

Remindme
Originally posted by Diamond Kisses

Lol, all talents?? hahaha, overpowered much?

Burning thought
this would be a good battle me thinks, their all pretty powerful BUT i think WoW ones will take it since their powers are so much more varied and their abilities more numerous give them a long list of choices. For example the mage could imediatley sheep one of the heroes, can go invisible and teleport and has arcane, fire, ice powers. Thats the mage alone, wheras the Warrior can be a near indestructable force, i cant see the paladin (tank of diablo isnt he?) beating a Warrior in full armour and weapons.

Darth Extecute

Would even the score out some.. I assume it's full skills and top gear on diablo heroes, like most your other D2 threads..

The greatest factors of both sides would be necromancer/paladin and mage/paladin..

But.. I think the WoW heroes walks into a slaughter.. I doubt the D2 hereos even need all of their heroes to pull it trough..

Burning thought
Would even the score out some.. I assume it's full skills and top gear on diablo heroes, like most your other D2 threads..

The greatest factors of both sides would be necromancer/paladin and mage/paladin..

But.. I think the WoW heroes walks into a slaughter.. I doubt the D2 hereos even need all of their heroes to pull it trough..

hmm i wonder, what makes you think so?

imo its the D2 heroes that would have a slight disadvantage

Darth Extecute
Originally posted by Burning thought
hmm i wonder, what makes you think so?

imo its the D2 heroes that would have a slight disadvantage

The paladin for example.. Different from the WoW damage takers, he as good as always reduce 85% of damage with top gear.. He also can choose ANY aura to aid them in combat.. This alone gives him a huge advantage and the power to deal with several WoW heroes on his own..

The Necromancer has his spells, that also give massive advantages.. His poison nova and bone spirit will eliminate most targets in a brief amount of time.. And that's that alone without any curses..

The sorceress together with the necromancer is near unstoppable.. He lower their resistance percent-wise, while she use devestating elemental damage that will wear as good as all out.. The mage, paladin and warrior will probably be the only ones capable of actually survive the necromancer and sorceress alone..

The barbarian outmatch ANY of the WoW heroes in strenght.. easily.. and his battle commands gives a huge advantage..

This is only to mention a few of many usable skills..

Burning thought
The paladin for example.. Different from the WoW damage takers, he as good as always reduce 85% of damage with top gear.. He also can choose ANY aura to aid them in combat.. This alone gives him a huge advantage and the power to deal with several WoW heroes on his own..

The Necromancer has his spells, that also give massive advantages.. His poison nova and bone spirit will eliminate most targets in a brief amount of time.. And that's that alone without any curses..

The sorceress together with the necromancer is near unstoppable.. He lower their resistance percent-wise, while she use devestating elemental damage that will wear as good as all out.. The mage, paladin and warrior will probably be the only ones capable of actually survive the necromancer and sorceress alone..

The barbarian outmatch ANY of the WoW heroes in strenght.. easily.. and his battle commands gives a huge advantage..

This is only to mention a few of many usable skills..

hmm DK is this a gameplay fight or real fight, in real fight, Barbarian is simply a Northern barbarian with great training in the wild and a few shouts to boost morale.

in real fight a Tauren warrior stands much taller and is bulkier than any of the characters in Diablo not to menstion, the armour in diablo is not comparable imo to Warcraft gear, the Diablo heroes wear armour that can reveal large portions of their body, the Warcraft armour wearers mostly cover their whole body except their eyes, giving them superior strength and protection so far imo in comparison

in the end, the paladin on the Diablo side could be easily sheeped, theres nothing the Diablo side can do about this from memory, wheras the Warcraft paladin can become complely invulerable, while still attacking with various holy powers

combine all this with the incredible powers of the magic users on the warcraft side, the Sorceress and necromancer pale in comparison to the Warlock, mage, priest and Shaman. The Priest healing, creating powerful shields, mage sheeps, Shaman can stun enemy spells while using powerful totems for a variety of effects, infact all of the warcraft characters can buff wheras i dont think the necromancer can buff, only debuff, yet all warcraft characters i think can do both. I think the only weakness would be Rogue for warcraft since the assasin on diablo has traps, shadow master and such.

Diamond Kisses
They got all the spells and abilities from the game, but storywise for their actual character big grin

Darth Extecute
hmm DK is this a gameplay fight or real fight, in real fight, Barbarian is simply a Northern barbarian with great training in the wild and a few shouts to boost morale.

in real fight a Tauren warrior stands much taller and is bulkier than any of the characters in Diablo not to menstion, the armour in diablo is not comparable imo to Warcraft gear, the Diablo heroes wear armour that can reveal large portions of their body, the Warcraft armour wearers mostly cover their whole body except their eyes, giving them superior strength and protection so far imo in comparison

in the end, the paladin on the Diablo side could be easily sheeped, theres nothing the Diablo side can do about this from memory, wheras the Warcraft paladin can become complely invulerable, while still attacking with various holy powers

combine all this with the incredible powers of the magic users on the warcraft side, the Sorceress and necromancer pale in comparison to the Warlock, mage, priest and Shaman. The Priest healing, creating powerful shields, mage sheeps, Shaman can stun enemy spells while using powerful totems for a variety of effects, infact all of the warcraft characters can buff wheras i dont think the necromancer can buff, only debuff, yet all warcraft characters i think can do both. I think the only weakness would be Rogue for warcraft since the assasin on diablo has traps, shadow master and such.

I'll make my discussion simple at this point, on why I believe the Diablo team wins with such ease..

Diablo 2 characters are basically based on percental abilities.. Sure, they got their points but they got percental bonus.. their items are horribly powerful and in any versus fight, they should be considered.....

Godlike

All seven characters can have the ability "cannot be frozen", all seven characters can have at least 85% resistance to ALL elemental attacks.. They can ALL teleport.. The teleporting pretty much exclude the warrior and rogue from doing a lot of damage against any of them.. Even without the teleport, both the Paladin and the Barbarian outshine the warrior in strength (who is the strongest of the WoW characters)

The necromancer alone can defeat all the melee characters of WoW.. Possibly having issues with the paladin, but that's simplified when he isn't actual undead.. just necromancer..

The Diablo characters have resistance to ALL attacks.. WoW characters with top gear can still only focus themselves on protecting them from ONE element.. Pick "Shadow".. then you got a chance against the bone spells of the necromancer.. Pick "Fire", "Cold" or "Lighting" wont do you much good.. The sorceress can use all three and you can only focus on resistance to one..

Another huge advantage that the diablo characters have, is the sorceress Static Field.. She percentually reduce the HEALTH of anyone near her.. So she can basically teleport herself into the WoW crowd while shielded, have the paladin heal her and then spam static field until they are greatly weakened.. Then possibly finish them all of at once, or pull back and let the others lead the slaughter..

Seriously, then dont even need half of their team to defeat the WoW characters..

I'm sure someone have thought about using fear.. This is of no point either.. They are all immune to it, as seen in gameplay..

Burning thought
I'll make my discussion simple at this point, on why I believe the Diablo team wins with such ease..

Diablo 2 characters are basically based on percental abilities.. Sure, they got their points but they got percental bonus.. their items are horribly powerful and in any versus fight, they should be considered.....

Godlike

All seven characters can have the ability "cannot be frozen", all seven characters can have at least 85% resistance to ALL elemental attacks.. They can ALL teleport.. The teleporting pretty much exclude the warrior and rogue from doing a lot of damage against any of them.. Even without the teleport, both the Paladin and the Barbarian outshine the warrior in strength (who is the strongest of the WoW characters)

The necromancer alone can defeat all the melee characters of WoW.. Possibly having issues with the paladin, but that's simplified when he isn't actual undead.. just necromancer..

The Diablo characters have resistance to ALL attacks.. WoW characters with top gear can still only focus themselves on protecting them from ONE element.. Pick "Shadow".. then you got a chance against the bone spells of the necromancer.. Pick "Fire", "Cold" or "Lighting" wont do you much good.. The sorceress can use all three and you can only focus on resistance to one..

Another huge advantage that the diablo characters have, is the sorceress Static Field.. She percentually reduce the HEALTH of anyone near her.. So she can basically teleport herself into the WoW crowd while shielded, have the paladin heal her and then spam static field until they are greatly weakened.. Then possibly finish them all of at once, or pull back and let the others lead the slaughter..

Seriously, then dont even need half of their team to defeat the WoW characters..

I'm sure someone have thought about using fear.. This is of no point either.. They are all immune to it, as seen in gameplay..

based upon percentage abilities means nothing in a real battle, percentages are to do with gameplay, if it was a real batte they would not have a number to take 85% from, so it wouldnt mean anything, they would just have "resistence" to a said attack, or deal "said" power or ability, for example the paladins Auras in real life couldnt be made percentage to how much defence a piece of armour gives, it would just increase its overall durability/protection.

they can indeed all teleport, thats one main diablo advantage, however the mage alone could easily knockout a diablo character with a shot, go invisible, sheep one for example paladin, one shot the sorceress with a large fireball blast. The various shields of the warcraft team could protect them from this, the shaman grounding totem taking away the first directed spell, the rest of the shaman totems as well as all the resistence buffs and shields to protect the team from a fate the diablo characters could not possibly predict nor stop from the moment it suddenly happens.

Priest can mind control, thats the necromancer out of the picture quite easily, he has zero protection against mind attacks afaik, the priest and warlock both have so many curses, the seed of corruption from the warlock sending out a dark blast of energy killing many Necromancer skele(not that it would have pets, considering how the battle begins, i can see him having undead with him) wheras the Warlock can summon an infernal.

Also take into account the Warcraft characters can Ressurect their friends in battle, druids can battle reserect and ofcourse all the healing already, reducing the power of any of the diablo characters with debuffs and then healing their own, the paladin depending on its spec, possibly holy could deal some good healing and shield himself.

also please explain how the Barb and paladin outshine the warrior in strength? a northern barbarian and holy man VS perhaps a raging Orc clad in heavy armour? or a large Tauren.

The necromancer would never defeat all the melee characters by himself, the Paladin could easily shield, stunlock then bash the old guys head in, use his holy magic to destroy his bone shield, Warrior could charge and stun the necromancer, then crush him.

Shamans can now quickly through totems summon elemental helpers, the problem with the matchup is that the WoW team can summon help such as elementals and demons quite quickly if not instantly wheras the fairly slow Valkarie and Shadow master cannot possibly hope to match against elementals, treants AND an infernal

Darth Extecute
What are you on about? Of course percent mean things.. It means a whole lot more than any other point from a game when it comes to an actual fight.. A bullet-proof west provide you protection against bullet.. Shouldn't a fire-proof skin provide you protection against fire? It's basically based on percent, because it's a magical world.. And like someone said out here somewhere.. magic > science.. Their percental resistance is a major part of the diablo characters.. Why in the world should a magical effect not be capable of reducing their damage taken by 85%? It's a part of their characters, just like blink and mana-shield is a part of a Mage's character.. Just like how a night elf can shadow-meld and has a natural resistance for nature effects..

Of course they can not increase their armor with percentual amount.. because numbers doesn't mean anything.. but actual damage does.. for example, their fire resistance- the amount of heat recieved is reduced with 85%.. Simple as that.. It's a magical effect, so it doesn't have to be proven scientificly.. It just simply reduce the heat taken by fire.. nothing more to it than that..

The mage invisibility is meaningless.. the mage can appear somewhere, but what good does that do? She can impossibly one-shot any of these.. Unlike WoW characters, all these characters can wear heavy plate..

Concerning the shaman and all that.. Your honestly closing your eyes and biasing your opinions.. He's chanceless.. There's no way any of the WoW characters can stop a charging paladin from D2.. He'll charge them to death.. Sure, the warrior can charge against him, but the paladin charge is stronger than the warrior charge and the warrior goes byebye..

I stick with my opinion that the paladin alone could bring down like.. half of the WoW characters..

And we do know for a fact, just like how we know that they are immune to fear, that they are immune to mind control.. It's seen in game-play that their minds cannot be effected like that.. The infernal is a none-factor here.. It'll be crushed in a few moments, if it even lasts that long..

It's simple.. the barbarian carry two massive swords effortless, while the warrior of WoW is horribly effected by the "speed" of a weapon.. a barbarian isn't.. Same with a D2 paladin.. they swing two-handers effortless, while a WoW character take up to 4 seconds per swing..

Ah yes.. the stunlock faction.. pity they wont reach him before they are effected by iron maiden or him teleport.. pity they will be traped in a massive jungle of bones that makes them incapable of moving.. And a shame that he can slow them massively.. possibly 80%.. If it wasn't for those, the melee classes could possibly have had a chance.. especially since !ANY! AoE break rogue stealth.. A necromancer has as good as only AoE..

And WoW! They can summon? Of course they can.. but your a blinded dude, Burning.. Your blind and biased.. The diablo druid can summon as well.. so can the necromancer.. and the amazon.. and the sorceress.. and the barbarian.. and the assassin... AND....

Bah, I'm sure you know all their skills and what all the best items does..

Remindme
The paladin for example.. Different from the WoW damage takers, he as good as always reduce 85% of damage with top gear..

So we're using the diablo system? Since in WoW I understand it that 85 resistance merely reduces damage taken by 85 as opposed to reduced that as a percent off

IMO WoW heroes taken it, pala can get stunlocked by rogue, can he not?

Darth Extecute
Originally posted by Remindme
So we're using the diablo system? Since in WoW I understand it that 85 resistance merely reduces damage taken by 85 as opposed to reduced that as a percent off

IMO WoW heroes taken it, pala can get stunlocked by rogue, can he not?

No, the rogue cant.. That's the whole thing.. A paladin block up to 75% of all attacks with holy shield.. And a block is equal to a failed stun from a rogue..

And the WoW system and D2 system of resistance is different.. D2 count in percent, while WoW count in value.. it's a huge difference, and they cannot be merged into the same thing, because they aren't..

Remindme
No, the rogue cant.. That's the whole thing.. A paladin block up to 75% of all attacks with holy shield.. And a block is equal to a failed stun from a rogue..

And the WoW system and D2 system of resistance is different.. D2 count in percent, while WoW count in value.. it's a huge difference, and they cannot be merged into the same thing, because they aren't..

Pala can only have one Aura active at any one time, so he's either damaging or resisting damage.

WoW Warlock btw is a dominating force in this, shadow bolts one shots everyone

-eLQ-n-Np8A

Remindme
Also i'd like to point out no Diablo character has resistance vs shadow power, thus warlocks & Priests own them hard :s

Darth Extecute
Pala can only have one Aura active at any one time, so he's either damaging or resisting damage.

WoW Warlock btw is a dominating force in this, shadow bolts one shots everyone

-eLQ-n-Np8A

Uh.. A paladin doesn't need an aura to take beating.. If I was the paladin, I'd use concentrate or fanaticism aura.. possibly thorns, depending on the remaining heroes.. And sure, that's an impressive shot by the warlock but it require first of all a casting time.. and even if he get it away, there's first of all a 75% percent chance that the paladin blocks it (if we're talking about the paladin) and then another 75% damage reduction..

Remindme
Uh.. A paladin doesn't need an aura to take beating.. If I was the paladin, I'd use concentrate or fanaticism aura.. possibly thorns, depending on the remaining heroes.. And sure, that's an impressive shot by the warlock but it require first of all a casting time.. and even if he get it away, there's first of all a 75% percent chance that the paladin blocks it (if we're talking about the paladin) and then another 75% damage reduction..

no 75% damage reduction, unless shadow is a resistance in Diablo....didn't think so stick out tongue

also, i wasn't aware you can block spells.....

You also see to be forgetting the several abilities of a warlock that cause fear, rendering you royally screwed until it wears, WoW warlock would pwn the D2 Paladin.

Infact i change my statement, WoW Warlock would pwn any of the D2 heroes, and has more hitpoints than the Warrior so it can tank them....Warlocks are overpowered IMO

Oh yeah AND they get a pet......WoW certainly has mastered the balance of power in classes well, eh?

Burning thought
What are you on about? Of course percent mean things.. It means a whole lot more than any other point from a game when it comes to an actual fight.. A bullet-proof west provide you protection against bullet.. Shouldn't a fire-proof skin provide you protection against fire? It's basically based on percent, because it's a magical world.. And like someone said out here somewhere.. magic > science.. Their percental resistance is a major part of the diablo characters.. Why in the world should a magical effect not be capable of reducing their damage taken by 85%? It's a part of their characters, just like blink and mana-shield is a part of a Mage's character.. Just like how a night elf can shadow-meld and has a natural resistance for nature effects..

Of course they can not increase their armor with percentual amount.. because numbers doesn't mean anything.. but actual damage does.. for example, their fire resistance- the amount of heat recieved is reduced with 85%.. Simple as that.. It's a magical effect, so it doesn't have to be proven scientificly.. It just simply reduce the heat taken by fire.. nothing more to it than that..

The mage invisibility is meaningless.. the mage can appear somewhere, but what good does that do? She can impossibly one-shot any of these.. Unlike WoW characters, all these characters can wear heavy plate..

Concerning the shaman and all that.. Your honestly closing your eyes and biasing your opinions.. He's chanceless.. There's no way any of the WoW characters can stop a charging paladin from D2.. He'll charge them to death.. Sure, the warrior can charge against him, but the paladin charge is stronger than the warrior charge and the warrior goes byebye..

I stick with my opinion that the paladin alone could bring down like.. half of the WoW characters..

And we do know for a fact, just like how we know that they are immune to fear, that they are immune to mind control.. It's seen in game-play that their minds cannot be effected like that.. The infernal is a none-factor here.. It'll be crushed in a few moments, if it even lasts that long..

It's simple.. the barbarian carry two massive swords effortless, while the warrior of WoW is horribly effected by the "speed" of a weapon.. a barbarian isn't.. Same with a D2 paladin.. they swing two-handers effortless, while a WoW character take up to 4 seconds per swing..

Ah yes.. the stunlock faction.. pity they wont reach him before they are effected by iron maiden or him teleport.. pity they will be traped in a massive jungle of bones that makes them incapable of moving.. And a shame that he can slow them massively.. possibly 80%.. If it wasn't for those, the melee classes could possibly have had a chance.. especially since !ANY! AoE break rogue stealth.. A necromancer has as good as only AoE..

And WoW! They can summon? Of course they can.. but your a blinded dude, Burning.. Your blind and biased.. The diablo druid can summon as well.. so can the necromancer.. and the amazon.. and the sorceress.. and the barbarian.. and the assassin... AND....

Bah, I'm sure you know all their skills and what all the best items does..

1. the percentage itself in real life doesnt mean anything, if said gear says it has some sort of protection on it then fine, it has protection but the percentage part of it, is null, when a fireball hits you, the percentage doesnt mean anything because the fireball cannot be broken into numbers in a real battle and out of game, so sure said character has "some" protection but how high is null if its in percentage, its unkown what he can actually take. Blink and mana-shield is not percentage, if you say it like that, mana shield realistically speaking is the energy and mana of a character protecting them from harm, but if someone brought in 40% protection from the shield, then it doesnt make any diffrence, the percentage is null.

2. thats what i agree to, it "reduces" heat damage, but the percentage is null, because its unkown value. We can just take it into account they have some resistence.

3. armour doesnt protect from magic damage, the mage can cast while invisible, if she prepares a charge fireball which can hit enough to destroy most characters in WoW then its going to bust these fellows, especially if it hits sorceress in the face, stomach, the sorceress (chose her for the target because she is potentially more dangerous than others imo) she gets blown away. Not to menstion this can be the same mage who sheeps the Paladin, he may do this first.

4.what are you bringing up a paladins charge stronger than a warriors? on waht grounds at all?.....if the little paladin hit into a Tauren warrior wielding Bulwark of Azzinoth for example, the Paladin would go crunch, theres nothing to suggest a holy man in armour could take out a Tauren warriors charge, he may be able to block it with his holy shield enchanted but hed end up on the floor. Not to menstion the shaman chanceless? he could blast the paladin over with a lightning bolt if he tried it, if its a chain lightning he could end up messing up whatever all the other D2 heroes are doing, obviously due to their protection it wouldnt kill them but it would certainly mess them up a bit. And as i said before, if it hits their faces, necks etc (why the Diablo heroes leave so many places open i dont know) they will be possibly killed unless their wearing charms.

5.i feel your overrating the Diablo characters a little, when it boils down to it, the paladin often wears crowns (leaves his face open) while the opposing sides armour wearers in WoW almost always cover their faces, their protection is better, never would a paladin from D2 take on half off the WoW characters, hell id be willing to bet the WoW paladin could take the D2 one for sure, he can actually form an invulerable shield and heal himself.

6.Immune to mind control? according to what, first its gameplay, gameplay is suspect for obvious reasons (balance, fairness, CIS etc etc) but from memory (been ages) the heroes never have mind protection, stating they do without anything to prove it is foolish, since in truth, they are still only human. Furthermore whats proof of their immunity to fear and terror?

7.infernal crushed in moments, its a burning rock giant, the heroes wouldnt be able to take it out in one shot or such, its not that easily destroyed and if it was, in the time they take to cast spells on it, the WoW heroes could of already launched their own powers to decimate the Diablo sides. As remindme has said, shadowbolts would devastate, curses..think of all the shadow curses...rotting away the barbarian with pain and corruption, and their instant casts.

8. barbarian is effect by speed of a weapon, unless enchanted weapons have varieties of speed, same with warcraft weapons have varities of speed, also this is an unfair comparison, you have to consider that half the 2 handed weapons in warcraft are far larger than the Diablo weapons not to menstion the variety of materials used and rocks are more varied i think, there are less materials items in diablo are made out of. The Barbarian follows the same rules when it comes to some two handers, its only swords mostly, but i think hes still effeced by some mauls and hammer weapons? another thing to mestion is the fact its mainly gameplay were talking about, weapon swing times for example, warriors can do instant damage with some of their attacks and like paladins can charge to smash a barbarian to pieces.

9. Shamans can do a ranged stunlock that doesnt need to be aimed that stuns his spells, in this case due to his lack of variety in diffrent powers all his spells would be frozen for a set amount of time, hed be a siting duck, theres nothing a necromancer could do about this. Walls of bones? the chances of bones stopping an angry tauren is zero, as is the necromancers survivability to defeating all these characters, the mages invisbiliy and teleport, mages can also slow. Hell drop an inferno straight away on top of the Necromancer, threat gone. If the Warlock wants he can call a felhound to drain away necromancers ability to cast spells and eat the buffs from the D2 heroes.

10. would you compare Druids grissly bear against Infernal?, his roots agsint an elemental of fire, no way not to menstion what does the barb summon, if your talking about an item that allows them to summon you have to choose what items he would have, you cant decide hes got all the D2 armoury and can pull out a summoning item then swap em for a couple of granfathers BOTD. The Necromancers skeletons need bodies, there would be no bodies and even if a WoW character fell one skeleton isnt going to do much and revives are limited in their strength and abilites.

Darth Extecute
no 75% damage reduction, unless shadow is a resistance in Diablo....didn't think so stick out tongue

also, i wasn't aware you can block spells.....

You also see to be forgetting the several abilities of a warlock that cause fear, rendering you royally screwed until it wears, WoW warlock would pwn the D2 Paladin.

Infact i change my statement, WoW Warlock would pwn any of the D2 heroes, and has more hitpoints than the Warrior so it can tank them....Warlocks are overpowered IMO

Oh yeah AND they get a pet......WoW certainly has mastered the balance of power in classes well, eh?

WoW spells = Blockable

And like I mentioned earlier, the D2 heroes are immune to fear..

As for hitpoint, just because the warlock can two-shot a warrior, doesn't mean he can two-shot the D2 characters.. Sure, they dont got shadow resistance, but they got overall resistance.. the paladin got his 75% reduction to ALL damage, and another 95% resistance to all elemental attacks.. so, basically you reduce all attacks with 75% and then if it's elemental, you pull 95% of the damage caused and then reduce the remaining amount of the 5% with 75% ... In short, a paladin is near immune to elemental attacks..

The warlock get slaughtered, just like many of the other WoW characters.. the only ones that would stand strong long enough would be the warriors and paladins..

< goes over to Burning Thoughts post >

Remindme
WoW spells = Blockable

And like I mentioned earlier, the D2 heroes are immune to fear..

As for hitpoint, just because the warlock can two-shot a warrior, doesn't mean he can two-shot the D2 characters.. Sure, they dont got shadow resistance, but they got overall resistance.. the paladin got his 75% reduction to ALL damage, and another 95% resistance to all elemental attacks.. so, basically you reduce all attacks with 75% and then if it's elemental, you pull 95% of the damage caused and then reduce the remaining amount of the 5% with 75% ... In short, a paladin is near immune to elemental attacks..

The warlock get slaughtered, just like many of the other WoW characters.. the only ones that would stand strong long enough would be the warriors and paladins..

< goes over to Burning Thoughts post >

Immune to fear? well not if it's a spell, unless a d2 enemy i don't know about has the same power and the d2 heroes always resist?

How can they be resistant to a force they have never come across, all the other resistances they are protected again because in the d2 world, it's know magic and powers so the armor etc is craft to protect it from, but shadow is not, thus they aren't gonig to resist it like they would fire, ice...etc

Nah Warlock pwns the D2 Paladin, Warlock sends Infero at him, he tries to fight it, then shadow bolts kill him while he struggles against the pet....

Burning thought
Immune to fear? well not if it's a spell, unless a d2 enemy i don't know about has the same power and the d2 heroes always resist?

How can they be resistant to a force they have never come across, all the other resistances they are protected again because in the d2 world, it's know magic and powers so the armor etc is craft to protect it from, but shadow is not, thus they aren't gonig to resist it like they would fire, ice...etc

Nah Warlock pwns the D2 Paladin, Warlock sends Infero at him, he tries to fight it, then shadow bolts kill him while he struggles against the pet....

or the warlock clicks his fingers and the paladin is instantly in incredible pain, drops to the floor, warlock clicks his fingers again, paladins body starts to rot...one second later...the paladin is blasted into pieces by a shadow bolt.

Remindme
or the warlock clicks his fingers and the paladin is instantly in incredible pain, drops to the floor, warlock clicks his fingers again, paladins body starts to rot...one second later...the paladin is blasted into pieces by a shadow bolt.

Lol, yeah or that.

I was dumb for agruing a VS with gameplay mechanics ^^'

Darth Extecute
1. the percentage itself in real life doesnt mean anything, if said gear says it has some sort of protection on it then fine, it has protection but the percentage part of it, is null, when a fireball hits you, the percentage doesnt mean anything because the fireball cannot be broken into numbers in a real battle and out of game, so sure said character has "some" protection but how high is null if its in percentage, its unkown what he can actually take. Blink and mana-shield is not percentage, if you say it like that, mana shield realistically speaking is the energy and mana of a character protecting them from harm, but if someone brought in 40% protection from the shield, then it doesnt make any diffrence, the percentage is null.

2. thats what i agree to, it "reduces" heat damage, but the percentage is null, because its unkown value. We can just take it into account they have some resistence.

3. armour doesnt protect from magic damage, the mage can cast while invisible, if she prepares a charge fireball which can hit enough to destroy most characters in WoW then its going to bust these fellows, especially if it hits sorceress in the face, stomach, the sorceress (chose her for the target because she is potentially more dangerous than others imo) she gets blown away. Not to menstion this can be the same mage who sheeps the Paladin, he may do this first.

4.what are you bringing up a paladins charge stronger than a warriors? on waht grounds at all?.....if the little paladin hit into a Tauren warrior wielding Bulwark of Azzinoth for example, the Paladin would go crunch, theres nothing to suggest a holy man in armour could take out a Tauren warriors charge, he may be able to block it with his holy shield enchanted but hed end up on the floor. Not to menstion the shaman chanceless? he could blast the paladin over with a lightning bolt if he tried it, if its a chain lightning he could end up messing up whatever all the other D2 heroes are doing, obviously due to their protection it wouldnt kill them but it would certainly mess them up a bit. And as i said before, if it hits their faces, necks etc (why the Diablo heroes leave so many places open i dont know) they will be possibly killed unless their wearing charms.

5.i feel your overrating the Diablo characters a little, when it boils down to it, the paladin often wears crowns (leaves his face open) while the opposing sides armour wearers in WoW almost always cover their faces, their protection is better, never would a paladin from D2 take on half off the WoW characters, hell id be willing to bet the WoW paladin could take the D2 one for sure, he can actually form an invulerable shield and heal himself.

6.Immune to mind control? according to what, first its gameplay, gameplay is suspect for obvious reasons (balance, fairness, CIS etc etc) but from memory (been ages) the heroes never have mind protection, stating they do without anything to prove it is foolish, since in truth, they are still only human. Furthermore whats proof of their immunity to fear and terror?

7.infernal crushed in moments, its a burning rock giant, the heroes wouldnt be able to take it out in one shot or such, its not that easily destroyed and if it was, in the time they take to cast spells on it, the WoW heroes could of already launched their own powers to decimate the Diablo sides. As remindme has said, shadowbolts would devastate, curses..think of all the shadow curses...rotting away the barbarian with pain and corruption, and their instant casts.

8. barbarian is effect by speed of a weapon, unless enchanted weapons have varieties of speed, same with warcraft weapons have varities of speed, also this is an unfair comparison, you have to consider that half the 2 handed weapons in warcraft are far larger than the Diablo weapons not to menstion the variety of materials used and rocks are more varied i think, there are less materials items in diablo are made out of. The Barbarian follows the same rules when it comes to some two handers, its only swords mostly, but i think hes still effeced by some mauls and hammer weapons? another thing to mestion is the fact its mainly gameplay were talking about, weapon swing times for example, warriors can do instant damage with some of their attacks and like paladins can charge to smash a barbarian to pieces.

9. Shamans can do a ranged stunlock that doesnt need to be aimed that stuns his spells, in this case due to his lack of variety in diffrent powers all his spells would be frozen for a set amount of time, hed be a siting duck, theres nothing a necromancer could do about this. Walls of bones? the chances of bones stopping an angry tauren is zero, as is the necromancers survivability to defeating all these characters, the mages invisbiliy and teleport, mages can also slow. Hell drop an inferno straight away on top of the Necromancer, threat gone. If the Warlock wants he can call a felhound to drain away necromancers ability to cast spells and eat the buffs from the D2 heroes.

10. would you compare Druids grissly bear against Infernal?, his roots agsint an elemental of fire, no way not to menstion what does the barb summon, if your talking about an item that allows them to summon you have to choose what items he would have, you cant decide hes got all the D2 armoury and can pull out a summoning item then swap em for a couple of granfathers BOTD. The Necromancers skeletons need bodies, there would be no bodies and even if a WoW character fell one skeleton isnt going to do much and revives are limited in their strength and abilites.

1. Why is it null? It isn't null.. Shouldn't their resistance to elemental damage be allowed in a versus, while others resistances to for example physical damage is? Why cant these characters be resistant to elemental attacks, just like Archimonde is to physical attacks, and like Sargeras is to all but immortal magic? Is it truely so wrong that they are near immune to all elemental attacks, while other characters can basically be providen indestructable skin?

2. It is unknown to us. But the actual fireball has a value. Everything has a value. If you heat your owen, it has a certain amount of degrees. If you light a fire out in the woods, it has a certain amount of degrees. Just because we doesn't always know for sure what degree it is, doesn't mean it doesn't have an actual value in matter of "damage"

3. The mage cant cast while invisible What the f**k?

4. The paladin charges with any gear against any none-massive boss and any player, knocking them back and can charge over and over again.. this is one of many signs that the paladin hold immense physical strength.. We also got smite and zeal to prove his strength.. A paladin can with the right gear smash Hell Diablo into pieces in only a couple of strikes.. Same with the barbarian..

5. The D2 paladin can add an aura that grant him life. Not to mention that he got gear that steal like.... massive amounts of life per each hit, block or not..

6. I would try to explain why, but you wouldn't agree anyway..

I'm just gonna give this discussion up.. Your clearly overestimating the WoW characters and underestimating the D2 characters, just like all the other members of this forum ermm

Burning thought
1. Why is it null? It isn't null.. Shouldn't their resistance to elemental damage be allowed in a versus, while others resistances to for example physical damage is? Why cant these characters be resistant to elemental attacks, just like Archimonde is to physical attacks, and like Sargeras is to all but immortal magic? Is it truely so wrong that they are near immune to all elemental attacks, while other characters can basically be providen indestructable skin?

2. It is unknown to us. But the actual fireball has a value. Everything has a value. If you heat your owen, it has a certain amount of degrees. If you light a fire out in the woods, it has a certain amount of degrees. Just because we doesn't always know for sure what degree it is, doesn't mean it doesn't have an actual value in matter of "damage"

3. The mage cant cast while invisible What the f**k?

4. The paladin charges with any gear against any none-massive boss and any player, knocking them back and can charge over and over again.. this is one of many signs that the paladin hold immense physical strength.. We also got smite and zeal to prove his strength.. A paladin can with the right gear smash Hell Diablo into pieces in only a couple of strikes.. Same with the barbarian..

5. The D2 paladin can add an aura that grant him life. Not to mention that he got gear that steal like.... massive amounts of life per each hit, block or not..

6. I would try to explain why, but you wouldn't agree anyway..

I'm just gonna give this discussion up.. Your clearly overestimating the WoW characters and underestimating the D2 characters, just like all the other members of this forum ermm

1. the percentage is null, the resistence is fine, just not the percentage because thats a gameplay stats number used for the games damage system. Gameplay.

2. as you say we dont know, so its pointless to debate that point, all we know is that Paladin has resistence, Fireball does damage so the only deduction si that the paladin will take damage but not the full blast.

3. clear cast is an instant attack, perhaps i should of been clearer, the mage will be invisible and suddenly out of nothing an instant blast of fire will come out of nowhere and kill a diablo character.

4. they move back only a tiny nudge, its not much of a strength feet at all, this is also gameplay, the reality is that all we know is that the paladin is charging with his shield, the strength the paladin has is unkown if realism is taken into account. The damage charge does can be tiny if no weapons are used. This is gameplay, smashing hell diablo into pieces with the right gear. In lore theres only one diablo not several types, not to menstion if ime not mistaken in the canon lore all 7 heroes battle the enemies at the same time dont they? unless there isnt a canon apart from that Diablo does die.

5. goodluck agains the WoW paladin who is invulerable under his shield, then wollop!, the D2 paladin is down and out, retribution can be used, stuns.

6. *shrug*

clearly? according to whom, if you cannot debate the case against them then its not me who is over or underestimating. Thats simply a matter of opinion, the Diablo heroes are not as Godlike as you seem to think they are, they are only human afterall. Their equipment does not neccerily make them gods either, especially no more than the WoW characters gear

Darth Extecute
Diablo gear > WoW gear

http://www.diabloii.net/items/runes/runewords/Exile.jpghttp://wow.tgbus.com/UploadFiles_2396/200706/20070608144559133.jpg

http://www.naknish.neostrada.pl/Psycho/enigma.jpghttp://www.worldofraids.com/news/methodloot.png

Only gear alone will pwn WoW..

Burning thought
Diablo gear > WoW gear

http://www.diabloii.net/items/runes/runewords/Exile.jpghttp://wow.tgbus.com/UploadFiles_2396/200706/20070608144559133.jpg

http://www.naknish.neostrada.pl/Psycho/enigma.jpghttp://www.worldofraids.com/news/methodloot.png

Only gear alone will pwn WoW..

their impressive its true, i wouldnt say thats accurate in a real battle, i mean hell, the gaunlets have more defense than both of those diablo armours, but looking at them both, the blades of Azzinoth out of gameplay>gameplay versions, what are you trying to point out is better, i agree the teleportation is better, and some resistences but the fact remains these armours cover smaller body areas, are made from weaker materials (hence lower defence) and furthermore are rune versions, the objects you show for warcraft are not enchanted, not to menstion WoW characters have many other items such as potions that actually make a diffrence, Engineering objects (gnomish death ray, grenades). imo although the long list of blue suffixes is impressive, the power of fully enchanted warcraft items are greater.

Diamond Kisses
I think I will pick side with the D2 characters after following your discussion yes

For multiple reasons to be honest angel

1. They are faster! They can all teleport and they all have as an average over 100% faster run and walk than a normal human and ANY Warcraft heroes smile

2. Their items may not have as much protection and armor as the Warcraft ones, but they do provide more magic and such. Look at Exile alone, it freeze down the target. It also gives a protective aura to all party members and increase all resistances stick out tongue

3. One diablo hero > Diablo > Baal > Mannoroth > Thrall > Five world of warcraft heroes without problem stick out tongue

You mentioned potions, Burning Thought. Did you forget that each diablo hero can carry over fifty full recovery potions that fill both their mana and health with 100% and while the engineering objects and potions of WoW can only be used once every thirde minute or so? ermm

I did expect you of all people at KMC to understand how powerful the Diablo heroes are, Burning Thought yes

Diamond Kisses
Compare the power of the Diablo 2 characters with the power of the World of Warcraft characters big grin

I do not have any high level WoW characters, so I can only show how good the Diablo heroes does wink

NJkJNxxgUvY

-k8yrozfx1M

iw9N8VDRreE

hvVparmAbz4

7pOhVBHBSn4

3qIh1HEHK2o

Burning thought
i dont need to watch the vids, i could quite easily log onto my own 94 pally and do in the game...the game...not real life..if you make this a gameplay battle then hell ofcourse diablo characters probaly win easily with all their stats, yet from your last comments it is not.

to adress your points

1. faster run walk by 100%, first that means their moving at only double human walk/run speed, its not going to make the diffrence, nto with Shaman earth totems slowing everyone down or Druid rooting the fastest ones, whatever comes first. Also wheres this faster run/walk coming from? if theyve all got Enigma thats 45%, what other items are they using.

2. thats impressive but only the paladin has it, in a near instant he can be sheeped or dead. Wheras each of the warcraft items have incredible defence and durability, cover nearly all their bodies and can be enchanted, some can have magic gems in them to increase other stats, they dont need magic resistence, most of htem have their own special shields to protect themselves, their not dependant on armour ressistences so much.

3. your using game play smile Mannaroth come to think of it, would beat weak Diablo from the games, if hes weak version. Also its CIS Baal and Diablo would just stamp out a human being, one chaos lightning hose from diablo would cover the heroes body, melting their faces off where their armour doesnt protect. In a real battle diablo would just hit the heroes, he could rip off the shield of a hero and throw them over, their only humans afterall.

one warcraft hero>several Diablo heroes, Warlock for example VS necromancer and paladin, instantly Necromancer gets spell frozen by Felhunter, who eats his bone shield also...the old man runs in fear of his life as the Felhunter leaps onto the guy, rips into his face..while this is happening the Warlock has cursed the Paladin with pain, the guys on the floor..then a corruption..then shadowbot..

2 characters dead. Not to menstion even if somehow a WoW hero dies, either the shaman or Druid can batle rezz (cant remember who can do it) or can they both do it?

thats true, they can use those full Rejuv..but you think with their faces blown off will their healing magics do any good, warcraft heroes on the other hand have pre-battle pots or before harm pots to use, such as shields some pots have, resistence pots, increased firepower and damage for magic, defence.

so many pots they have and some can be used together, batte pots, defence pots...the flasks! some of them can give incredible powers of health and defence, combine that with Engineering, you have large bombs, sending diablo heroes running, imagine a huge volley of high explosive fel bombs, the diablo heroes would be fleeing for their lives, a death rate vapourising another hero...it would be folley

i know how powerful they are, just not powerful enough. People are slighlty over or under estimating them, calling them weak humans is harsh, but when it boils down to it, their human and although in gameplay they can be fast and powerful, in reality, the barbarians shouts is all they are, yells.....his resistences simply training in north lands, the only thing they have on their side is items to help them which imo is not equel to fully enchanted and empowered WoW items, their skills not as varied or numerous, most not as useful as Warcraft characters items either. The realities behind the Diablo powers are described in the manuel, that should be able to break up the gameplay usage in this debate a little.

Diamond Kisses
You make the battle appear like the Diablo heroes will not get a chance to do anything stick out tongue

I do not know much about the WoW gameplay at all, but I do know that the heroes are slow and so are their spells and summons. Do you francly believe that the necromancer will fight anywhere near the warlock? As a necromancer, I would teleport myself out of sight of all them and just spam spells and curses. With enigma, he can simply do this. Same with all casters and ranged Diablo heroes stick out tongue

I think you are somewhat biased about all of this, Burning Thought hmm

A felhunter can never catch up with the necromancer and even less penetrate the boneshield. As seen in WoW the shadow bolts are quite slow, compared to the Diablo spells. First of all, it is their cast rate and also their approach. As DE said they can be blocked as well. I looked this up and WoW spells are blockable yes

The shouts of the barbarian is not plain yells ermm They upgrade certain senses and parts of your body. They increase your inner focus which makes your spells more effective. They harden your skin to make you able of taking more beating. Most importantly, they increase your mind and thicken your skin which makes you capable of using more magic longer and make you capable of taking beating from attacks more frequently before facing defeat or victory stick out tongue

If the WoW heroes can use their potions to increase their defenses, then so can Barbarian use his shouts to increase their abilities and physical things.

You say that WoW items are better than Diablo items. Why? What makes them better? The skills of the Diablo items are far more varied than the skills of the Warcraft items shockyes

There is no way that the Warlock can defeat the necromancer, in my honest opinion. The necromancer fears the warlock and launches bone and poison spells after him. The warlock will go down FAST as he does not have any magical resistance. If he does, it can quickly be removed if the necromancer use the 'Lower Resistance' ability.

I agree with DE that a necromancer can take quite a number of these out. When I made the thread, I was kind of thoughtless but now that I reconsider it is quite obvious that the diablo heroes win. If the necromancer cover the field with 'Bone Prison' then there is nothing the WoW hereos can do. Not any of them. The bones will tangle them to their position and the necromancer can simply have poison spread trough the bones yes

As for the run speed that I just noticed you asked for. Enigma provide 45% while boots often provide about 35% then they have multiple charms that can provide 5% - 7% each big grin

Remindme
I started WoW today...well i'm installing it....i suppose your all on the US servers huh? sad

Alliance or Horde? hmmm

Diamond Kisses
I was Europe stick out tongue

Remindme
Hm was? mean you don't play it anymore?

Diamond Kisses
Nope! Not anymore wink

Remindme
Oh well, Think i'm going to make a warrior first ^-^

still downloading the patches though sad estimated time 1 hour 57 minutes

Burning thought
i was Europe as well, left it couple weeks ago tho sad

Remindme
i was Europe as well, left it couple weeks ago tho sad

Typical....I'm always late for everything sad

Burning thought
You make the battle appear like the Diablo heroes will not get a chance to do anything stick out tongue

Thats how i think it will be for some of them, spells in Diablo are not as instant and quick effect as Warcraft spells, the Warlock can instantly cause agony to anyone in the group, including paladins and Necromancer, they wont all be able to do something quick

I do not know much about the WoW gameplay at all, but I do know that the heroes are slow and so are their spells and summons. Do you francly believe that the necromancer will fight anywhere near the warlock? As a necromancer, I would teleport myself out of sight of all them and just spam spells and curses. With enigma, he can simply do this. Same with all casters and ranged Diablo heroes stick out tongue

thats mostly false, the Rogue is not slow in the slightest, not to menstion the warcraft heroes have mounts, some summonable instantly almost, the use of flying mounts and other artifacts can allow them to go incredibly fast, and even without this, they have haste potions and items like rocket boots (not sure if their the ones but there are objects that you can wear to go fast) but anyway mounts and pots cna allow quick movement, also the transformations Druids can form into can allow them haste as well. Teleprot out of sight? where, he has to be able to target and see his enemies so hiding will not do him any good, not to menstion its al ittle unfair to allow necromancer and diablo heroes places to hide, Teleporting will do him little good since warcraft spells are either instant effect so hell end up coming out the otherside of the teleport with a curse on him, OR a spell to come hurtling to hit him in the back.

I think you are somewhat biased about all of this, Burning Thought hmm

opinions, i think your biased big grin

A felhunter can never catch up with the necromancer and even less penetrate the boneshield. As seen in WoW the shadow bolts are quite slow, compared to the Diablo spells. First of all, it is their cast rate and also their approach. As DE said they can be blocked as well. I looked this up and WoW spells are blockable yes

Felhunter can eat the boneshield, you misunderstand he can devour all magic,buffs on allies and enemies, aslo to menstion debuffs from allies. Felhunters are like dogs, their not that slow. Also the felhunter doesnt have to be the one to do the killing, a Rogue using haste or his mount could catch up with the Necromancer, Rogues can move like lightning almost if you see em, using their "swiftness" (cant remember the ability name) . Shadowbolts are not that slow at all, sometimes they seem that way over long distances but their cast rate is like a second (i have spell haste, and ime badly equiped, so it could easily be faster on the best equiped characters) not to menstion its the curses that wil be instant, the shadowbolt is the big hitter that would kill the character while their weak or unable to escape, not to menstion they home in, unlike diablo spells. Try blocking a shadowbolt while your broken in agony on the floor..or some other reason, all this gameplay 95% blockrate nonsense is balony, in a real fight, if the paladin for example is on the floor in agony, his shield isnt going to come to life and block all attacks for him stick out tongue

The shouts of the barbarian is not plain yells ermm They upgrade certain senses and parts of your body. They increase your inner focus which makes your spells more effective. They harden your skin to make you able of taking more beating. Most importantly, they increase your mind and thicken your skin which makes you capable of using more magic longer and make you capable of taking beating from attacks more frequently before facing defeat or victory stick out tongue

If the WoW heroes can use their potions to increase their defenses, then so can Barbarian use his shouts to increase their abilities and physical things.

Barbarian shouts are definaltey yells, all those things you say are false, the truth behind barbarians shouts is that they are actually shouts, orders and barbarians own skill and experiance in battle hes sharing, the representation in the game is in the form of defence, health and other things but in realism there is no magic behind his shouts, their no more than a military commanders orders are to his soldiers. It says the truth of the barbarians shouts in the diablo 2 manual wink

no because pots like Diablo pots are magical themselves, they have these powers, wheras the statistics behind the barbarians shouts are simply that, gameplay statistics to represent the reality that their shouts and only that.

ill answer the rest in a mo smile

Burning thought

sad hmm yeh, would like to play online with someone i know off KMC, but i dont thnk ill be joining it again for a while, but theres millions more who play warcraft so youll bound to meet someone big grin

Darth Extecute

Actually not quite.. this was two days ago, on an european realm..

Remindme
Actually not quite.. this was two days ago, on an european realm..

Oh, yay, what server you play on? and which fraction? and do you mind if i pester you for info? and will millions of question like this drive you insane under a week? shouldi just stop doing this? ^^'

Darth Extecute
Oh, yay, what server you play on? and which fraction? and do you mind if i pester you for info? and will millions of question like this drive you insane under a week? shouldi just stop doing this? ^^'

No, it's cool.. Go ahead and torture me with questions.. I'm alliance on the Moonglade server.. a RP-PvE server along with my friends.. Night elf warrior, to be straight onto the answer..

Burning thought
You say that WoW items are better than Diablo items. Why? What makes them better? The skills of the Diablo items are far more varied than the skills of the Warcraft items shockyes

There is no way that the Warlock can defeat the necromancer, in my honest opinion. The necromancer fears the warlock and launches bone and poison spells after him. The warlock will go down FAST as he does not have any magical resistance. If he does, it can quickly be removed if the necromancer use the 'Lower Resistance' ability.

I agree with DE that a necromancer can take quite a number of these out. When I made the thread, I was kind of thoughtless but now that I reconsider it is quite obvious that the diablo heroes win. If the necromancer cover the field with 'Bone Prison' then there is nothing the WoW hereos can do. Not any of them. The bones will tangle them to their position and the necromancer can simply have poison spread trough the bones yes

As for the run speed that I just noticed you asked for. Enigma provide 45% while boots often provide about 35% then they have multiple charms that can provide 5% - 7% each big grin

The warcraft items i think are better because although their powers dont have a massive list like that their defence is much higher, many powerful resources go into making warcraft items, armours made from crystals and magic ore even harder ore than Adamantium (we know how hard that is on deathwing) such as Eternium and Khorium equipment, furthermore their stats although they look far less mean more, for example +health and +weapon speed for diablo characters is in the long list wheras for warcraft characters agility can mean movement speed, weapon speed in one, same with Stamina means health as well, as well as attack/spell damage. Also Warcraft weapons can be enchatned further and some can have gems put in them..some can be imbued with further magic or covered in wizard oil, making them even more powerful for limited times, some weapons in warcraft are sometimes much larger than any diablo item as well, some one handers can be the size of a diablo two hander.

i think quite the oppostite, first he wont be casting anything, the warlocks felhunter can eat magic and effects and the curse the necromancer does is such, also even if he does get a curse off like his fear the hunter could eat the effect off his master, making the hunter stronger, the hunter could also stop the necro from casting, furthermore, the poisons will do nothing to any of the WoW heroes, cleaning totem from shaman ftw big grin, in a gesture the Necromancer could be helpess on the floor from the agony curse on him from the Warlock. Then blasted away by a shadowbolt. Lower resist only effects elemental magic, the Bone spears are more arcane/shadow which a warlock can easily have from a mage buff OR demon armour to protect him likea necormancers bone armour does.

both of you are in error i belive, theres no way the whole diablo line up can win against the WoW heroes imo, too varied, too many skills and items, pots...not to menstion a massive variety of powers to help destroy/hinder their enemies and protection, the Necromancer alone? done make me laugh, the warlock alone could take out a necromancer easily. Shamans can also, they can take buffs like shields off of their foes and shock magic spells instantly with a gesture, not to menstion their totems allow immunity to poison and they can shield themselves and have their own elemental magics. As i may have said before necro needs bones and spirits who have long been dead to form bone prison, these would not be infnite and your overpowering bone prison, its only bone afterall..it can be smashed, just another spell one of the warcraft heroes could spelllock, theres so many and many are instant casts.

fair enough, but they can only carry so many charms, so what would they have, some resistence ones? they only have 1 backpack to store them wheras the warcraft heroes have 5 bags of gear to carry things in

Burning thought

whats your char to be Remindme?

Remindme
whats your char to be Remindme?

Dunno, warriors looks cool, but then i'm kind of drawn to mages too ^^ who knows, maybe i could go rogue.... but i don't know what they all do ^^'

Darth Extecute
Dunno, warriors looks cool, but then i'm kind of drawn to mages too ^^ who knows, maybe i could go rogue.... but i don't know what they all do ^^'

Go mage.. then you cant make the misstake of picking night elf as race.. all gear looks bugged with them.. hair sticking out.. eyebrows coming out of helmet.. your weapon going trough your shoulders and ears messing up with both shoulders and headgear stick out tongue

Remindme
Lol, oookay, then what race?

so i can be Draenei, Gnome or Human....

Burning thought
Lol, oookay, then what race?

so i can be Draenei, Gnome or Human....
be a Draeni, Gnomes are lame imo, Draeni males are cool and the females phew, i luv em

Remindme
be a Draeni, Gnomes are lame imo, Draeni males are cool and the females phew, i luv em

good thing that;s what i made stick out tongue only level 5 because i had to go out, but i'll keep ya'll updated smile

Burning thought
good thing that;s what i made stick out tongue only level 5 because i had to go out, but i'll keep ya'll updated smile

awsome, like to hear from ya, maybe put it in off-topic thread, what class did ya choose in the end?

Darth Extecute
awsome, like to hear from ya, maybe put it in off-topic thread, what class did ya choose in the end?

He made himself a mage stick out tongue

friggenlawl
ahmmmmmmm k, First of all any wow char, i dunno what the frig they are i dont care would get rolled by any d2 char. secondly, basically a barbarian would do warcries and they'd run. barbarian wouldnt like a wow char approaching them in any way theyd get rolled, he would crush anything, hed be disturbed also. hmmm a hammerdin would tele stop the ****in ***t out of you with beautiful mystical etheral magical hammers and youd die. sin would mb the sheeeeitt muslem out of you, you wouldnt be able to do anything not to mention traps omfg. you wouldnt even see a sorc. i could go on and on and on. honest to god d2 chars vs wow chars is just ridiculous, wow'd get rolled theyd tank all + wouldnt take hits. for eg, a "quite faggetry" paladin in wow or whatever the frig it is would try deal damage to a barb
barb wouldnt take a single hit.
grats on that grats wow players, yank tools hi naw ya lol lol o lo l ol o l o l o l lspam i use lol with every phrase n sentence even though it ant necessary.

Q'Anilia
Gameplay: D2
Lore: WoW

NemeBro
Originally posted by friggenlawl
ahmmmmmmm k, First of all any wow char, i dunno what the frig they are i dont care would get rolled by any d2 char. secondly, basically a barbarian would do warcries and they'd run. barbarian wouldnt like a wow char approaching them in any way theyd get rolled, he would crush anything, hed be disturbed also. hmmm a hammerdin would tele stop the ****in ***t out of you with beautiful mystical etheral magical hammers and youd die. sin would mb the sheeeeitt muslem out of you, you wouldnt be able to do anything not to mention traps omfg. you wouldnt even see a sorc. i could go on and on and on. honest to god d2 chars vs wow chars is just ridiculous, wow'd get rolled theyd tank all + wouldnt take hits. for eg, a "quite faggetry" paladin in wow or whatever the frig it is would try deal damage to a barb
barb wouldnt take a single hit.
grats on that grats wow players, yank tools hi naw ya lol lol o lo l ol o l o l o l lspam i use lol with every phrase n sentence even though it ant necessary. Is there anyone who can translate this mess of a post?

EvilAngel
Originally posted by NemeBro
Is there anyone who can translate this mess of a post?

One on one, any diablo hero would kill a character hero.

The Barbarian would destroy any of the Warcraft heroes. Especially the paladin.

The assassin would mana burn the magic users and would also use traps to inflict major damage.

I could go on, but seriously, the Diablo characters own this.

I disagree. Vurtne solo's the Diablo heroes.

/end thread.

NemeBro
EA forced me to look into this Vurtne guy, but yeah, the dood is pretty haxx, taking on teams in Arenas by himself with inferior equipment.

He winz.

Q'Anilia
Originally posted by EvilAngel
One on one, any diablo hero would kill a character hero.

The Barbarian would destroy any of the Warcraft heroes. Especially the paladin.

The assassin would mana burn the magic users and would also use traps to inflict major damage.

I could go on, but seriously, the Diablo characters own this.

I disagree. Vurtne solo's the Diablo heroes.

/end thread.

Gameplay = Resilience = WoW > D2 Mana burn

Burning thought
The only way D2 characters could hope a win is if its gameplay mechanics where you can get hold of 90% damage resistance and ridiculous damage.

Cyner
D2 characters have it. All they need is a hammerdin stick out tongue

NemeBro
Originally posted by Cyner
D2 characters have it. All they need is a hammerdin stick out tongue That shit isn't funny.

Q'Anilia

WoW heroes work against similar mechanics all the time.

EvilAngel

Polymorphed.

He dies last, if he even will be a problem, which i have my doubts, since a frost mage (Vurtne) can kite easily.

Burning thought
The warlock uses shadowfury, stunning the Diablo group as his pet eats the Necromancers bone shield, this is at the same time the warrior charges the necromancer, breaking the old mans body who falls dead. The sorceress can be silenced by either a hunter or a mage and with a head shot, she falls dead.

Barbarian and paladin are fairly easy tbh, the paladin has auras and such but that is nothing compared to the opposing paladins bubble shield and almost all the WoW characters can heal in some form. The barbarians shouts are little more than that, while the barb gives out a yell he gets punched in the face by a Tauren warrior who smashes him into the dirt.

What you have to remember is, is that the items and gear of the WoW heroes would more than likely be far more powerful than anything the D2 crew have storywise based on the fact end game opponents in WoW are far more powerful than the weakened three brothers in the Diablo series. By the end of your time playing WoW your character would have had defeated enormous dragons whos paw could crush diablo and whos breath could incinerate legions of Diablo opponents as well as Titans, Old Gods, empowered magical tech like the vehicles found in Ulduar and enhanced minions of the lich king.

Q'Anilia
Polymorphed.

He dies last, if he even will be a problem, which i have my doubts, since a frost mage (Vurtne) can kite easily.

To be fair, if this is gameplay, there will be no kiting. WoW only wins if this is at least semi-lore. The mechanics, gear and abilities in Diablo makes those heroes so much stronger than anything you can play in WoW.

EvilAngel
I'm not sure i follow. Isn't there far too much crowd control amoung the wow heroes here?

Burning thought
indeed, crowd control, debuffs a plenty etc

Hierarch
before a spell is cast, any of the Diablo characters can be out of range. 95% resistance to all magical and physical attacks and dozens of auras and effects in play at the same time makes it very hard for the Warcraft characters to do anything.

remember static field which decrease a percental amount of health from all nearby enemies (it works on Diablo himself so should work on some random characters). the Paladin returns over 200% of damage dealt to him. the bone spirit of the necromancer goes through objects and travel faster than most Warcraft characters. bone prison can't be escaped out of by any other than Warlock. amplify damage has them take more damage.

3r6r3hccl9c

I think it is unfair to say that you crowdcontrol them and it's over. even would you ever hit with a crowd control, they are very unlikely to die for the short duration of it, since they aren't alone either and can help one another.

Burning thought
Ok if were useing gameplay mechanics: My Warlock hits for about 5k and criticals for 14k and hes pretty weak compared to a top tier WoW character, so 95% of 14k. My lock would only do about 700 damage to a full geared and powered Diablo character. Its obvious gameplay mechanics allow D2 characters to win. Then again, perhaps high tier WoW characters may have more health than a Diablo one?

Not to mension they can all heal to a degree.

If we use WoW mechanics on D2 heroes, then they would be pretty much immune to mind control and would have a higher chance to crit because they would have the level advantage, Diablo goes up to 99, 19 levels above the 80 now in Warcraft.

EvilAngel
Originally posted by Hierarch
before a spell is cast, any of the Diablo characters can be out of range. 95% resistance to all magical and physical attacks and dozens of auras and effects in play at the same time makes it very hard for the Warcraft characters to do anything.

remember static field which decrease a percental amount of health from all nearby enemies (it works on Diablo himself so should work on some random characters). the Paladin returns over 200% of damage dealt to him. the bone spirit of the necromancer goes through objects and travel faster than most Warcraft characters. bone prison can't be escaped out of by any other than Warlock. amplify damage has them take more damage.

3r6r3hccl9c

I think it is unfair to say that you crowdcontrol them and it's over. even would you ever hit with a crowd control, they are very unlikely to die for the short duration of it, since they aren't alone either and can help one another.

Two words: Sanctified Wrath.

Paladin ability. Allows all damaging and offensive ability to bypass all reduction effects. Including and not limited to immunity to damage abilities.

Another 2 words: Chaos Bolt

Warlock ability, cannot be resist and automatically by passed all resistances.

The D2 character have no hope.

Even exlucing said powers they couldn't fight a stunlocking rogue, or outlast the fear locking & life stealing affliction warlocks.

Burning thought
I forgot about Chaos bolt, which is embarassing as I use it being a lock. It cannot be absorbed OR resisted.

Hierarch
Two words: Sanctified Wrath.

Paladin ability. Allows all damaging and offensive ability to bypass all reduction effects. Including and not limited to immunity to damage abilities.

Another 2 words: Chaos Bolt

Warlock ability, cannot be resist and automatically by passed all resistances.

The D2 character have no hope.

Even exlucing said powers they couldn't fight a stunlocking rogue, or outlast the fear locking & life stealing affliction warlocks.

penetrates damage reduction rather than immunity and is for the paladin abilities which are mostly melee. he would never be in range to put it to use.

chaos bolt is also ranged, as well as has a casting time long enough for the enemy to react and run out of range or out of line of sight. you sound a little biased if you ask me, since neither one of the two abilities are very useful when you can't get hold of your enemy.

ArtificialGlory
D2 heroes could run circles around the WoW ones pretty easily. However, they lack crowd control.

Hierarch
the Necromancer can spam prisons. the Diablo characters can work in them and even attack through them. Warcraft characters can't do anything when their vision is blocked.

all they need is one crowd control because it's not restricted to one. the Warcraft characters are too limited to stand a chance against the more liberal mechanics of the Diablo characters.

I know, I've played both games a lot, and all characters on top level from both games in both pvp and pve. I know each and all boss fights in both games by heart and I know also that the Diablo characters is a whole different deal than anything Warcraft has ever introduced. none of the strategies you use in raids or pvp will be of any use.

Burning thought
And vice versa although I think your wrong, the Diablo characters are all of a great disadvantage in their abilities since their not as varied and cannot work together aswell as the warcraft ones.

Hierarch
And vice versa although I think your wrong, the Diablo characters are all of a great disadvantage in their abilities since their not as varied and cannot work together aswell as the warcraft ones.

how am I wrong?

Jugglenaut
All high end D2 chars carry Enigma.
Have fun hitting people who have 0 sec cooldown teleportation.

Doctor-Alvis
It's hard to make comparisons without going into gameplay mechanics with D2. In-game, there is like zero story for any of the characters. The cut scenes aren't even about the heroes, they're all Marius explaining how he ****ed up progressively more.

The Wanderer vs Tyrael was awesome though.

Phantom Miria
You can always take everything in perspective, but it is very true that it is hard to debate something that has no actual cutscene material to it beyond revolving characters that are completely unrelated to the heroes.

I think the only ability we have actually seen in a cutscene is Blaze.

nafnosseb
Diablo Characters win. Comparing as is with a gameplay perspective.

As some have already mentioned, the ability of high level diablo 2 characters to achieve 75% all resist, and a paladin achieving up to 95% elemental resist would severely handicap any attempts to one or 2 shot kill any diablo 2 character.

Items in diablo are stronger, and since someone mentioned that in wow you can improve items I will point out that in diablo items regularly spawn with sockets, this goes for magical and rare items too, so that you may have a very powerful item with 5 magical properties + 4 sockets which can be filled with 3 jewels or gems. It doesn't end there, A magical jewel can have 2 attributes but a rare jewel can have 3 attributes. 3 attributes on 4 gems on a rare item with 5 existing attributes makes for an item with 17 properties. Those propeties can be very powerful such as a 40% ED or 15% IAS.

Auras are very powerful and several characters have abilities which function just like the paladin auras, such as the barbarian shout which can raise all allies health by 100%+ for more than 3 minutes or the druid's spirit of thorns which can applies reflect damage to all allies(percentage of reflected damage to ranged physical damage).

The most important advantage that the diablo heroes would have however, is summons and hirelings(each with the numerous auras applied. Each character can buy a minion who can be equiped with weapons/armor. The act 2 hirelings each come with a different aura. There are six variants on their auras in total. Auras all work simultaneously.The necromancer can revive up to 20 monsters to fight on the heroes team. additionally he can summon a Golem skeletons and skeleton mages. A summoner necro can easily have around 40 additional men. The amazon's final skill on one tree is to summon a valkyrie warrior ally. The druid can summon 3-4 beasts.
The army numbers would be like diablo 50-80 against Wow +-10. Now factor in the buffing effect of about 10 auras (1 paladin, 1 barbarian shout, 1 druid sage, 6 hirelings + some top gear give auras) on each member of the diablo 2 team.

Just to give an example of what the wow guys are encountering. An army of 80 all with at least 75% resistance to all elemental damage and the players will have 75% all damage resist, all 80 will have life increased by about 300%, any physical damage done to any of them will be reflected at a ratio of 1 taken for 10 reflected(1000% reflection this on its own completely defeats every physical attack of the wow heroes because their strength works against them) All 80 will have their movement speed boosted by 50-150%, damage enhanced by 350%+ and all will undergo healing from the healing Prayer aura, before they even come within sight of the diablo team the wow characters will become affected by the holy freeze aura which will slow movement and attack speed to sludge. If the necro is not immediately polymorphed then he can also cast a curse which can reduce enemy damage within large AOE by half.

Having played both I am sure that the WOW heroes wouldn't stand any chance. Even the one and 2 shit killers would only be able to reduce health on a ranged character by about 10% per hit with all the buffs and percentile protections applied.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.