Matt Parkman

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Entity
http://tvmedia.ign.com/tv/image/article/736/736957/dont-look-back-20061003004350133.jpg

Officer Mathew Parkman is a normal guy that just wants to be a good cop and do good. Only to find out he's not just a normal cop but is able to read peoples minds. Now he trys to do what anyone wanting to be a cop for the right reasons would do and use this to help people and make a difference.

What do you think of Matt, his part of the story, his own personal problems and his first seemly cool power now recently turned to be apparently uber power?

Mairuzu
So, in the episode fight or flight

Matts wife (in the dream) was saying that the baby was his cause he read her mind, and still walked out... weird

Entity
Originally posted by Mairuzu
So, in the episode fight or flight

Matts wife (in the dream) was saying that the baby was his cause he read her mind, and still walked out... weird I donno I think that was still probably his mind being messed with. I just can't see Matt really walking out on his own kid. Especially since he was walked out on.

My father never gave a **** about me so I know the feeling and trust me, the most important think to me will be my kid and not letting them know that. If I ever have kids. I really related to Matt allot when all this has been revealed about his relationship with his father.

I think she told him it was his kid but she came to find out it wasn't and he eventually read her mind to find it out. And that's why he left. IMO But I'd say we'll find out in Four months ago.

Mairuzu
Hopefully... is that an episode?

Entity
Hopefully... is that an episode? No well not yet anyway. That's just my personally theory.

Strangelove
Originally posted by Entity
Officer Mathew Parkman I hate to be nitpicky, but it's Detective Matt Parkman now.

Entity
Originally posted by Strangelove
I hate to be nitpicky, but it's Detective Matt Parkman now. Yes but some people like to go all shitty on me when I post possible spoilers for people so I just went by him as his beginning title.

S_D_J
Yes but some people like to go all shitty on me when I post possible spoilers for people so I just went by him as his beginning title.

laughing

the whole thread became a spoiler anyways big grin

Hopefully... is that an episode?

Yes, Episode 8 it's called "Four Months Ago"

Strangelove
Yes but some people like to go all shitty on me when I post possible spoilers for people so I just went by him as his beginning title. That's not a real spoiler, you're just playing the victim.

Entity
Originally posted by Strangelove
That's not a real spoiler, you're just playing the victim. How am I playing the victim? I just posted him as Officer because thats what he started out as?

Strangelove
How am I playing the victim? I just posted him as Officer because thats what he started out as? With your line "I'd just get flamed for posting a spoiler", you are playing the victim.

Mairuzu
Originally posted by S_D_J
laughing

the whole thread became a spoiler anyways big grin

Yes, Episode 8 it's called "Four Months Ago" Oh awesome! cannot wait

Entity
Alright after last nights show Matt is definitely one of my favorites!
The way he saved Molly and stood up to his dad and put him away was incredible. He definitely needs to be one of the big three with Hiro and Peter if they ever get to a point of a justice league thing. Which should happen but WAY down the line.

This show is great because it develops naturally and not all phony. It should stay that way but I also really hope they get to a point where they're like real world super heroes. No capes or costumes or special names but make being heroes what they do. Similar to Spiderman.

nmensfinest
QFT

Ordained
Matt's power sure is developing fast.

Mairuzu
seriously.. but then again it was forced out of him....

Captain REX
Grunberg's acting in that last episode was spectacular.

Entity
Originally posted by Captain REX
Grunberg's acting in that last episode was spectacular.

Yea he totally nailed the whole thing with his dad. I'm form a similar situation and that was perfect for how he should feel and react. IMO

chickenlover98
cant wait till his power fully develops. think itll get stronger than his dads?

Ordained
But he seemed to be in control the whole time, plus he grew more confidant. And that is what caused his powers to advance, IMO.

His acting was amazing. He went from a frantic and doubtful father searching for his child to a calm and confidant hero in less than 20 mins.

What could the full extent be other than what Maury had?

starlock
Originally posted by Ordained
But he seemed to be in control the whole time, plus he grew more confidant. And that is what caused his powers to advance, IMO.

His acting was amazing. He went from a frantic and doubtful father searching for his child to a calm and confidant hero in less than 20 mins.

What could the full extent be other than what Maury had?

I would say true telepathy, basicly everything professor X can do......
Illusion
Mind control-take control of others,make them sleep etc
Astral travel-
Psychic surgery-heal mental problems
Two way telepathic comunication
See and hear thru other people
Detection-mostly those you have met before
Physhic blast- pure mental blast of energy-not easy to defend against

Just off the top of my head

stickman618
he's probably the second (televised) hero to undergo "secondary" evolution

the Haitian was definitely before him

nmensfinest
By secondary evolution, do you mean that we simply know more about his power than we originally did? If so, you should add Claire and Hiro too.

stickman618
i mean that he learned how to communicate Psychically, initially it was only one-way, his powers progressed

Clair's ability is passive

and Hiro just gained more control

Entity
Really just gaining more control is all any of them are doing. Except for Sylar and Peter of course. And even that is a matter of opinion, considering that Sylar is just learning how to control new abilities when he gains them IMO and Peter's only thing really holding him back is knowledge of what he's capable of and learning to control it.

stickman618
well, Matt discovered a new part to his power

he already managed to filter out random thoughts

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.