Hulk v.s Maxima

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Capt Spaulding

Faceman
T. T. S. !

nvrbeenwthagirl
Maxima. Too many powers. She was able to knock DOS doomsday off of his feat and took his hits and wanted more. Plus with all those copy powers, magnetic powers, tK, Flight, super strength, telepathy, matter manip, and the kitchen sinkl, I don' t see how she can lose. And she's a very good warrior on top of all that.

Mikeros
Originally posted by nvrbeenwthagirl
Maxima. Too many powers. She was able to knock DOS doomsday off of his feat and took his hits and wanted more. Plus with all those copy powers, magnetic powers, tK, Flight, super strength, telepathy, matter manip, and the kitchen sinkl, I don' t see how she can lose. And she's a very good warrior on top of all that.

Fanboy laughing

Switch 07
Originally posted by Mikeros
Fanboy laughing I am glad you realize thats what you are.

CaptainStoic
Yep I have to agree, Maxima is just under Superman as far as raw strength goes, and she's a warrior princess to boot. I would give her a huge majority over Wonder Woman sans PIS. Her telepathic attacks may not work on the Hulk though, her matter manipulation may not work on his flesh either, but I'm almost certain that she could imprison him within something and while he was trying to get out she could simply throw him into the sun. If however she gets careless and engages him hand to hand she will eventually become a victim to his feats of strength. Written properly though she could technically finish this fight very quickly.

Maxima 7/10

batdude123
Maxima. Too many powers. She was able to knock DOS doomsday off of his feat and took his hits and wanted more.

She was in a coma after being in the gas station explosion. big grin

Rao Kal El
Bump evil face

cdtm

No.

Whatcha gonna do about it? (Everyone else, KEEP OUT OF THIS It's between me and him. evil face )

Rao Kal El
Originally posted by cdtm
No.

Whatcha gonna do about it? (Everyone else, KEEP OUT OF THIS It's between me and him. evil face )

laughing thumb up

zopzop
Maxima. She's everything Jean Grey should have been but wasn't sad

golem370
I would say a giant thunderclap should do it.

Sin I AM
Originally posted by golem370
I would say a giant thunderclap should do it.

Yea Maxima thunderclaps him into nonexistence

shadowknight
Originally posted by Stoic
Yep I have to agree, Maxima is just under Superman as far as raw strength goes, and she's a warrior princess to boot. I would give her a huge majority over Wonder Woman sans PIS. Her telepathic attacks may not work on the Hulk though, her matter manipulation may not work on his flesh either, but I'm almost certain that she could imprison him within something and while he was trying to get out she could simply throw him into the sun. If however she gets careless and engages him hand to hand she will eventually become a victim to his feats of strength. Written properly though she could technically finish this fight very quickly.

Maxima 7/10 CO-sign

carver9
Hulk powers through everything Maxima throws at him and heat her to sleep. She isn't powerful enough to beat him.

Rao Kal El
Maxima wins

ghostman
Originally posted by carver9
Hulk powers through everything Maxima throws at him and heat her to sleep. She isn't powerful enough to beat him.

hulk has fire powers?

carver9
Beat, crazy. He knock her clean out with a solid hit.

cdtm
Beat, crazy. He knock her clean out with a solid hit.

laughing out loud

Dampyre
The Hulk would have Maxima in the kitchen doing dishes after this fight is over.

Sin I AM
I always wondered y a telekinetic didnt just leave a brick without flight suspended in the air? Seems like a simple enuff trick

Galan007
Because Hulk would just smash the air. thumb up

Khazra Reborn
Originally posted by Sin I AM
I always wondered y a telekinetic didnt just leave a brick without flight suspended in the air? Seems like a simple enuff trick

I think it's because a lot of the time TK is portrayed as like an "invisible hand" in comics, so bricks have a way to break free of it.

zopzop
Originally posted by Dampyre
The Hulk would have Maxima in the kitchen doing dishes after this fight is over.
It's more likely she pulls him into the astral plane (like Strange did to WWH) and crushes his mind there. /Fin

Sin I AM
Originally posted by Khazra Reborn
I think it's because a lot of the time TK is portrayed as like an "invisible hand" in comics, so bricks have a way to break free of it.

Good point. Id like to see tk expanded upon. Also wonder y some of hulks esoteric abilities have never been explained like seeing ghost and such

Galan007
Originally posted by zopzop
It's more likely she pulls him into the astral plane (like Strange did to WWH) and crushes his mind there. /Fin thumb up

Excluding abstract/cosmic characters(obviously), Maxima is probably one of the most powerful female characters in DC or Marvel's history. I'm not sure why so many people have these preconceived blocks in place that prevent them from recognizing/acknowledging her 'uberness'..?

She has TONS of ridiculously impressive showings, and very few lows showings in relation. She would give ANY herald a damn good fight -- hell, she'd likely beat most of them in a forum setting. ermm

Sin I AM
Originally posted by Galan007
thumb up

Excluding abstract/cosmic characters(obviously), Maxima is probably one of the most powerful female characters in DC or Marvel's history. I'm not sure why so many people have these preconceived blocks in place that prevent them from recognizing/acknowledging her 'uberness'..?

She has TONS of ridiculously impressive showings, and very few lows showings in relation. She would give ANY herald a damn good fight -- hell, she'd likely beat most of them in a forum setting. ermm

Same reason people dont give Sersi, Zatanna, Snowbird love.

carver9
Originally posted by zopzop
It's more likely she pulls him into the astral plane (like Strange did to WWH) and crushes his mind there. /Fin

Did you read that scene Zop. Strange prepped against Hulk to pull that off. If it wasn't for the army attacking him with adamantium bullets, Strange would have never succeeded at getting Hulk in the plane.

carver9
thumb up

Hulk on average is resistant against things like that.

Rao Kal El
On "average"?

TheLordofMurder
Despite all of her powers, Maxima likes to brawl...

This is the worst possible way to fight Hulk, and Maxima will learn this lesson in a very painful way...

Hulk eventually overwhelms her 10/10...

Rao Kal El
Originally posted by TheLordofMurder
Despite all of her powers, Maxima likes to brawl...

This is the worst possible way to fight Hulk, and Maxima will learn this lesson in a very painful way...

Hulk eventually overwhelms her 10/10...

Not really

She is actually portrayed using a lot of tk/tp on her fights smile

TheLordofMurder
Originally posted by Rao Kal El
Not really

She is actually portrayed using a lot of tk/tp on her fights smile

Did she do that against Doomsday?

Seemed like women who enjoys brawling to me in that fight...

Rao Kal El

IIRC she did and you will need to read more Maxima in order for you to claim that she just brawls, which apparently you are juat making an argument of ignorance.

She actually uses her other powers (see Galan's respect thread of Maxima)

carver9

She fist fought Doomsday.

cdtm
Hulk on average is resistant against things like that.

laughing

carver9
laughing

laughing out loud

cdtm
laughing out loud

laughing

"Id"
If Maxima Brawls, Hulk takes this.

Galan007

Seemed like women who enjoys brawling to me in that fight... TP was actually the first tactic Maxima attempted against DD. When that failed(as we've seen multiple times: DD's mind is nigh-impossible to sustain control of, because he doesn't have a 'mind' in the typical sense) she started throwing fisticuffs... And aside from Superman, her punches were the only ones capable of rocking DD. On that note, Doomsday never beat her one-on-one, and never caused her any real damage.

But yeah, Maxima typically does use her psi abilities in most battles. Fighting an opponent strictly h2h would actually be more of an outlier.

cdtm
Martian Manhunter as Bloodwynd couldn't even stagger him.

zopzop
Martian Manhunter as Bloodwynd couldn't even stagger him.
thumb up

carver9
She would try to engage him because her mind attack isn't working unless we use Hulk at his lowest. He would power through her attacks and eventually ko her for the win.

Galan007
Martian Manhunter as Bloodwynd couldn't even stagger him. Maxima on the other hand...

http://i.imgur.com/3jLHhSE.jpg

http://i.imgur.com/efMuNXB.jpg http://i.imgur.com/jVtAtJU.jpg

She would try to engage him because her mind attack isn't working unless we use Hulk at his lowest. He would power through her attacks and eventually ko her for the win. Only if you ignore the other massively powerful psi abilities at her disposal(namely TK and shielding.) smile

carver9
Hulk punch through shields. Shields that even Excalibur couldn't cut. Anyways, why are you posting her fight against Doomsday? Are you implying that Hulk couldn't land a lick or do well against DOS? Especially based off what he has done in his yrs of comics.

Sin I AM
Maxima on the other hand...

http://i.imgur.com/3jLHhSE.jpg

http://i.imgur.com/efMuNXB.jpg http://i.imgur.com/jVtAtJU.jpg

Only if you ignore the other massively powerful psi abilities at her disposal(namely TK and shielding.) smile

What she doing nu 52?

Galan007
Anyways, why are you posting her fight against Doomsday? cdtm mentioned Bloodwynd/J'onn not being able to so much as stagger DD, which makes it even more impressive that Maxima was able to rock the shit out of him h2h. That's all.

No need to go on the defensive, lol. smile

What she doing nu 52? She appeared in a few issues of Supergirl, as a member of the 'Crucible Academy'. She was quite different than her pre-Flashpoint self, to say the least.

...And also a lesbian.

DarkSaint85
Hulk punch through shields. Shields that even Excalibur couldn't cut. Anyways, why are you posting her fight against Doomsday? Are you implying that Hulk couldn't land a lick or do well against DOS? Especially based off what he has done in his yrs of comics.

When?

Are you using the latest incarnation of Hulk?

Because,well.....

carver9
Originally posted by DarkSaint85
When?

Are you using the latest incarnation of Hulk?

Because,well.....

I'm using Hulk. The character that is in this thread. He punch her lights out with his planetary strength.

Galan007
facepalm

carver9
Ok, Sun lifting strength. smile

Me being serious, Hulk has endured what Maxima can and has dished out. Hulk also powered through planetary forces (bringing this up just in case you mention her closing her cracked planet). Her TP is negated, TK is negated. She honestly doesn't have anything she can throw at Hulk that will not make him more powerful.

Sin I AM
cdtm mentioned Bloodwynd/J'onn not being able to so much as stagger DD, which makes it even more impressive that Maxima was able to rock the shit out of him h2h. That's all.

No need to go on the defensive, lol. smile

She appeared in a few issues of Supergirl, as a member of the 'Crucible Academy'. She was quite different than her pre-Flashpoint self, to say the least.

...And also a lesbian.

I know of that i thought theyd done more. The whole lesbian angle was foreseeable and lame imo.

Ok, Sun lifting strength. smile

Me being serious, Hulk has endured what Maxima can and has dished out. Hulk also powered through planetary forces (bringing this up just in case you mention her closing her cracked planet). Her TP is negated, TK is negated. She honestly doesn't have anything she can throw at Hulk that will not make him more powerful.

Lowball much?

Galan007
I know of that i thought theyd done more. The whole lesbian angle was foreseeable and lame imo. Yeah, that scene was gag-inducing:
http://i.imgur.com/NfUzQkV.jpg

thumb down

mighty adam
She beats him so bad his healing factor gets overload. Maxima for the solid majority

carver9
Originally posted by mighty adam
She beats him so bad his healing factor gets overload. Maxima for the solid majority

Who overloaded Hulk healing factor for you to say such things, Hulk troll?

Zack M
Maxima mind phucks

Zack M
Maxima is FTL speed since she has tagged Superman and Doomsday. Hulk is nowhere NEAR that speeds. Am right, Carver?? laughing out loud

cdtm
Who overloaded Hulk healing factor for you to say such things, Hulk troll?

Skaar. Zeus.

Off the top of my head.

Rao Kal El
laughing

carver9
Skaar. Zeus.

Off the top of my head.

Scans of Skaar over loading it. Zeus shut his healing factor off.

carver9
Originally posted by Zack M
Maxima is FTL speed since she has tagged Superman and Doomsday. Hulk is nowhere NEAR that speeds. Am right, Carver?? laughing out loud

Hulk is 100 times the speed of light. He tagged Gladiator. He is probably faster than that. He tagged Surfer who was flying past Galaxies in a blur. Love the way you debate Zack. You're the best.

Zack M
Hulk is 100 times the speed of light. He tagged Gladiator. He is probably faster than that. He tagged Surfer who was flying past Galaxies in a blur. Love the way you debate Zack. You're the best.

Gladiator wouldn't even be in the top 50 DC's speedsters. laughing out loud

carver9

What does that have to do with your question?

Zack M
What does that have to do with your question?

Hulk won't even see Maxima, dude. She's too fast.

carver9
Hulk won't even see Maxima, dude. She's too fast.

Why is she too fast?

Zack M
Why is she too fast?

FTL speeds.

Insane Titan
Hulk beats her to death

iceman24567
Zeus shut his healing factor off. laughing

krisblaze

He isn't even top 50 in Marvel.

He's 51.

Thor is 52.

Wolverine is 50.

Insane Titan
Originally posted by iceman24567
laughing it's sad ain't it, lying to that extent.

It was even explained that Hulk had been beaten that badly his HF couldn't work.

iceman24567
Originally posted by Insane Titan
it's sad ain't it, lying to that extent.

It was even explained that Hulk had been beaten that badly his HF couldn't work. Yup carvers lying and hypocrisy is just trolling at this point i cant stop myself from laughing

carver9
laughing

Did you read the story or are you just trolling?

Surtur

He actually would be, but okay.

iceman24567
Did you read the story or are you just trolling? Says the guy that deliberately ignores what actually happened in the story so he can interpret it in anyway his fanboy brain wants laughing

carver9
Says the guy that deliberately ignores what actually happened in the story so he can interpret it in anyway his fanboy brain wants laughing

So you didn't read the story. Next time, just ask why a person is saying what they are saying instead of trolling a thread. Maybe you'll learn something since we both know you don't read anything involving Hulk.

iceman24567
So you didn't read the story. Next time, just ask why a person is saying what they are saying instead of trolling a thread. Maybe you'll learn something since we both know you don't read anything involving Hulk. Why would I ask a liar anything? While Hulk was getting his guts eaten it was stated that his healing was taxed because of Zeus nothing about it being turned off nice try though. We all know you only recently started reading comics after asking where you could illegally download them laughing

carver9
Why would I ask a liar anything? While Hulk was getting his guts eaten it was stated that his healing was taxed because of Zeus nothing about it being turned off nice try though. We all know you only recently started reading comics after asking where you could illegally download them laughing

Scans of it saying his healing factor was taxed. Iceman, I know you don't read comics...it's freaking obvious. I want to see that scan though of it mentioning Zeus taxing his healing factor.

Zack M
Why would I ask a liar anything? While Hulk was getting his guts eaten it was stated that his healing was taxed because of Zeus nothing about it being turned off nice try though. We all know you only recently started reading comics after asking where you could illegally download them laughing

Carver said Aquaman, Deathstroke, and Frankenstein are FTL speed since they tagged the Flash. laughing out loud dude is going crazy.

carver9
Carver said Aquaman, Deathstroke, and Frankenstein are FTL speed since they tagged the Flash. laughing out loud dude is going crazy.

You forgot your add Hulk. He is 100 times the speed of light. You asked why Slade hit Diana, so I told you.

iceman24567
Scans of it saying his healing factor was taxed. Iceman, I know you don't read comics...it's freaking obvious. I want to see that scan though of it mentioning Zeus taxing his healing factor. Says the guy that was ecstatic when he was given a way to download comics he doesn't own the irony . The words that were used iirc "its because of father Zeus" nothing as specific as Zeus shutting his healing off.

iceman24567
Carver said Aquaman, Deathstroke, and Frankenstein are FTL speed since they tagged the Flash. laughing out loud dude is going crazy. He's been nuts for years now

DarkSaint85
IMO, Zeus didn't turn it off. Because if he did, how did Hulk turn it back on? And why didn't he do so in battle (remember, this is the guy who went from puny Banner into 'cracking the Eastern Seaboard with a footstep' mode in a split second when against the Sentry)? Why didn't he break free? He doesn't WANT to be chained there - you can even see him trying to break free ('you can't break these chains, beast' 'make me mad enough' CLNK).

You can even see his fear in the last panel, as the vultures descend. He didn't want to be there.

http://static.comicvine.com/uploads/original/8/80103/3320344-2978433-02-10-11%2B01%2B18.jpg

Nowhere does it say his HF was turned off. Nowhere have I ever seen anyone turning Hulk's HF off, nor have I seen Zeus have that ability.

iceman24567
Even if he did turn his healing off (which he didn't) he beat the shit out of him first it makes no sense to neuter himself and neuter Hulk in a fight he was trying to make somewhat fair no expression

Rao Kal El
He just beat the crap out of him, plain and simple.

Carver will say that hulk sacrifice himself or any other crazy theories but most of us know that Zeus just beat the crap out of Hulk

carver9
IMO, Zeus didn't turn it off. Because if he did, how did Hulk turn it back on? And why didn't he do so in battle (remember, this is the guy who went from puny Banner into 'cracking the Eastern Seaboard with a footstep' mode in a split second when against the Sentry)? Why didn't he break free? He doesn't WANT to be chained there - you can even see him trying to break free ('you can't break these chains, beast' 'make me mad enough' CLNK).

You can even see his fear in the last panel, as the vultures descend. He didn't want to be there.

http://static.comicvine.com/uploads/original/8/80103/3320344-2978433-02-10-11%2B01%2B18.jpg

Nowhere does it say his HF was turned off. Nowhere have I ever seen anyone turning Hulk's HF off, nor have I seen Zeus have that ability.

I seen that phrase (you've been hit by Zeus, you a ok nth be able to heal your wounds...) as Zeus mucking with his healing factor.

carver9
Even if he did turn his healing off (which he didn't) he beat the shit out of him first it makes no sense to neuter himself and neuter Hulk in a fight he was trying to make somewhat fair no expression

Hulk went there as a sacrificial anyways. His intentions was to die. Try beating up on someone that is suicidal and tell me how that goes.

http://static.comicvine.com/uploads/original/11111/111113173/3924200-02-10-11+01+15.jpg

Anyways, Zeus would beat Hulk regardless and have far easier work against Superman (who just got beat by a mage on the Suicide Squad with ease and was almost near death during the end).

DarkSaint85
I seen that phrase (you've been hit by Zeus, you a ok nth be able to heal your wounds...) as Zeus mucking with his healing factor.

But Zeus has never shown that ability before - to shut people's powers off, or to shut HFs off.

Nor has anyone ever done it to Hulk before. No one has just shut his HF off like that, to my knowledge.

Whereas we know HFs can be overtaxed - it's just a matter of damage level. And the fact it took a Skyfather to do so, isn't exactly a low showing for Hulk, lol.

Rao Kal El
Just let carver to live in his own little world, it's fun for everyone to read his mental gymnastics

Rao Kal El
Don't you see it?

Hulk sacrifice himself to Zeus and Zeus also shut down Hulk's strength and HF.

This is the same as when Grey Hulk faced SunGod and it comes from the same wacko source.

Hulk is Hulk, makes sense thumb up

Galan007
I seen that phrase (you've been hit by Zeus, you a ok nth be able to heal your wounds...) as Zeus mucking with his healing factor. Strange. I seen that phrase as Zeus making Hulk pregnant.

mmm

DarkSaint85
Strange. I seen that phrase as Zeus making Hulk pregnant.

mmm

WHO TO TRUST????

zopzop
Don't you see it?

Hulk sacrifice himself to Zeus and Zeus also shut down Hulk's strength and HF.

Where is that "Gamma Father" pic when you need it? laughing

Rao Kal El
http://rs279.pbsrc.com/albums/kk126/dynomite8188/Hulk_Catholic.jpg~c200

zopzop
http://rs279.pbsrc.com/albums/kk126/dynomite8188/Hulk_Catholic.jpg~c200
rolling on floor laughing

psycho gundam
This thread is Carver trolls via Maxima vs Carver's ability to argue for Hulk

Insane Titan
It's clear as day, Hulks HF didn't get turned off. He just got stomped that bad his HF wouldn't work.

carver9
I've recently noticed that it's a lot of people on KMC who intentionally trolls me. My manly self. I wonder why I never put the energy into doing such things? I guess adulthood is a reason. One of the reasons.

Rao Kal El
Don't give yourself too much credit.

You are just fun to laugh at. thumb up

carver9
Could be. I just don't waste energy trolling a person on KMC. I think I've "grown" past such things.

Rao Kal El
Could be. I just don't waste energy trolling a person on KMC. I think I've "grown" past such things.

Don't worry about it, You troll kmc in other ways

Surtur
Zeus raped Hulk. Then Zeus turned into a bird and raped Hulk.

carver9
Don't worry about it, You troll kmc in other ways

As long as I don't troll men, I'm good.

Rao Kal El
As long as I don't troll men, I'm good.

Most of us on kmc are men thumb up

Surtur
Water is wet.

Insane Titan
Most of us on kmc are men thumb up this is just his excuse "everyone trolls me" so he can flat out lie and be a hypocrite because he thinks he's above everyone because all the whole board is always wrong.

Sin I AM
Originally posted by Insane Titan
this is just his excuse "everyone trolls me" so he can flat out lie and be a hypocrite because he thinks he's above everyone because all the whole board is always wrong.

Yes and no

carver9
Insane is a trip. He thrives for attention.

Sin I AM
Insane is a trip. He thrives for attention.

He's right though. U do play the "everyone trolls me" card. Where he's wrong is that you always lie. Misconstrue shit yea but lie no, i wouldnt call u a liar. Fanboying has its levels too.

carver9
He's right though. U do play the "everyone trolls me" card. Where he's wrong is that you always lie. Misconstrue shit yea but lie no, i wouldnt call u a liar. Fanboying has its levels too.

So you don't think people troll me? Let me know so that I can post obvious troll made threads.

cdtm
So you don't think people troll me? Let me know so that I can post obvious troll made threads.

Is this the kind of troll thread you're talking about?

Sin I AM

Troll threads or bait threads? This thread is a bait thread. You ALWAYS fall for bait threads. Dos jl vs wwh is a prime example. Because you're gonna run in there and post hulk stomps and all hell will break lose. People do troll u but its usually for a reason.

Rao Kal El
He earns every minute of it

carver9
Troll threads or bait threads? This thread is a bait thread. You ALWAYS fall for bait threads. Dos jl vs wwh is a prime example. Because you're gonna run in there and post hulk stomps and all hell will break lose. People do troll u but its usually for a reason.

Hhhhhmmm...well, at least you noticed it.

Insane Titan
Insane is a trip. He thrives for attention. irony and again it's never you who's wrong or at fault is it.

iceman24567
Troll threads or bait threads? This thread is a bait thread. You ALWAYS fall for bait threads. Dos jl vs wwh is a prime example. Because you're gonna run in there and post hulk stomps and all hell will break lose. People do troll u but its usually for a reason. thumb up

Galan007
This thread is a bait thread. This thread was made back in 2007. Doubt it was geared toward the carvster in any way/shape/form.

psycho gundam

*Big ass scan*

Nowhere does it say his HF was turned off. Nowhere have I ever seen anyone turning Hulk's HF off, nor have I seen Zeus have that ability. That scene was a homage to the torture of Prometheus and probably falls under magic more than anything else. His healing factor only being enough for his organs to be back in order for the Raptors to pick at them indefinitely is straight out of Greek myth.

Sin I AM
This thread was made back in 2007. Doubt it was geared toward the carvster in any way/shape/form.

lol...sure galan. rao just bumped this ghost thread because he was curious who was gonna win. bait...plain in simple, he just used old lure.

Galan007
Rao may have bumped the thread to bait carv, but the thread itself isn't a troll thread. wink

DarkSaint85
Originally posted by psycho gundam
That scene was a homage to the torture of Prometheus and probably falls under magic more than anything else. His healing factor only being enough for his organs to be back in order for the Raptors to pick at them indefinitely is straight out of Greek myth.

thumb up I get where it is coming from, I understand the homage. One of the first encounters I had with carver was whether the Muramasa blade would be enough to stop Hulk's healing factor, being mystical and all. Carver was all set to bring me those scans proving Hulk could fight against it; guess history dictated otherwise.

psycho gundam
Well, Zeus' power is sky-father level and the last time he did that torture thing it was done to a Titan, a human sized one but a Titan nonetheless. Multiple forms of healing factor dampening maneuvers were used on Hulk during WWH so the blade working on him flawlessly is at least debatable even if it is magical as well

Sin I AM
Rao may have bumped the thread to bait carv, but the thread itself isn't a troll thread. wink

meh tomayto, tomahto

DarkSaint85
Well, Zeus' power is sky-father level and the last time he did that torture thing it was done to a Titan, a human sized one but a Titan nonetheless. Multiple forms of healing factor dampening maneuvers were used on Hulk during WWH so the blade working on him flawlessly is at least debatable even if it is magical as well

Yah.

Main point of that was that I didn't see anything about Zeus 'switching' the HF off.

Especially as it wasn't turned off.

Sin I AM
wasn't the Muramasa used on Skaar?

psycho gundam
Yah.

Main point of that was that I didn't see anything about Zeus 'switching' the HF off.

Especially as it wasn't turned off. His power was reduced from that event until this moment several issues later:

http://i1099.photobucket.com/albums/g386/psychogundam1/th_h_zpszodus0tx.jpg http://i1099.photobucket.com/albums/g386/psychogundam1/th_h2_zpsumvr25gv.jpg http://i1099.photobucket.com/albums/g386/psychogundam1/th_h3_zpskdigmp7l.jpg

His strength, durability and healing were reduced from whatever Zeus "hit" him with

Hulk punching a roided out Zeus sending him reeling while holding back is more indicative of a true feat considering Zeus is capable of weakening his opponents

DarkSaint85
His power was reduced from that event until this moment several issues later:

His strength, durability and healing were reduced from whatever Zeus "hit" him with

thumb up

I think carver's point is that it wasn't a cumulation of damage, but that Zeus magically turned his HF off.

psycho gundam
Both

Sin I AM
His power was reduced from that event until this moment several issues later:

http://i1099.photobucket.com/albums/g386/psychogundam1/th_h_zpszodus0tx.jpg http://i1099.photobucket.com/albums/g386/psychogundam1/th_h2_zpsumvr25gv.jpg http://i1099.photobucket.com/albums/g386/psychogundam1/th_h3_zpskdigmp7l.jpg

Hulk punching a roided out Zeus sending him reeling while holding back is more indicative of a true feat considering Zeus is capable of weakening his opponents

was it supposed to state that there?

DarkSaint85
Both

There is proof of it being turned off? I keep asking, but you know how it is...

psycho gundam
http://i1099.photobucket.com/albums/g386/psychogundam1/th_hkh_zpswpiai6gy.jpg

Definitely confirmed to be reduced after Zeus. Was it specifically "taken away"? I can't say that

DarkSaint85
Maybe I misrepresented myself.

Did Zeus turn it off by means of a spell that switched it off, or did he overload it so badly with his physical damage that it became useless?

Like WWH overloading Wolverine with punches. Yes, he turned Wolvys HF off, but not with a spell or anything, just good old fashioned damage.

carver9
thumb up I get where it is coming from, I understand the homage. One of the first encounters I had with carver was whether the Muramasa blade would be enough to stop Hulk's healing factor, being mystical and all. Carver was all set to bring me those scans proving Hulk could fight against it; guess history dictated otherwise.

You was hit by Zeus (singular), your healing factor...

It's obvious Zeus magic had play in it. He didn't heal from a single attack during and after Zeus hit him with that bolt of lightning.

psycho gundam

Did Zeus turn it off by means of a spell that switched it off, or did he overload it so badly with his physical damage that it became useless?

Like WWH overloading Wolverine with punches. Yes, he turned Wolvys HF off, but not with a spell or anything, just good old fashioned damage. I can't say that without a shadow of a doubt since it never explicitly stated as such, but it's safe to say it wasn't legit as his healing factor was reduced to 7% (other powers reduced to unknown levels) but it then came back 3 issues later repairing all his injuries even though his healing factor was gone. Him regaining his powers wasn't under his control, he even stated that he needed to stay angry in order to remain alive enough to not succumb to having a gaping chest wound, a wound completely fixed the instant the "curse" was lifted

Blue Area Vet
Originally posted by Khazra Reborn

Which is completely stupid

Blue Area Vet
Maxima will take this absent massive CIS

iceman24567
LOL at the bolt of lightning shutting off his healing carver will say anything to keep Hulk on that pedestal

psycho gundam
His healing factor was 7% of it's normal level. If that's not indicative of something other than simply pummeling someone into submission I don't know what is.

Like WWH overloading Wolverine with punches. Yes, he turned Wolvys HF off, but not with a spell or anything, just good old fashioned damage. Didn't actually address this

He overloaded the amount of damage his healing factor could fix at the time given the level of brain damage he had. Wolverine's healing factor wasn't reduced it just had a larger task to correct

Rao Kal El
LOL at the bolt of lightning shutting off his healing carver will say anything to keep Hulk on that pedestal

True thumb up

psycho gundam
The scene detailing Hulk being smote and cursed by Zeus

http://i1099.photobucket.com/albums/g386/psychogundam1/th_p1_zpsigr4evxw.jpghttp://i1099.photobucket.com/albums/g386/psychogundam1/th_p2_zpsfbl7ccxu.jpghttp://i1099.photobucket.com/albums/g386/psychogundam1/th_p3_zpsw05soo1c.jpghttp://i1099.photobucket.com/albums/g386/psychogundam1/th_p4_zpscu0bsheu.jpg

Very next issue you see Hulk post ZeusOriginally posted by psycho gundam
http://i1099.photobucket.com/albums/g386/psychogundam1/th_hkh_zpswpiai6gy.jpg

She-hulk broke the chains btw.

StiltmanFTW
She-hulk broke the chains btw.

W8, wut?

Rao Kal El

It was a good thread in anycase and worth revisiting with the current Maxima trend.

Baiting Carver was just an added bonus.

carver9
Terrible.

carver9
Originally posted by StiltmanFTW
W8, wut?

She broke Hulk free from chains he couldn't get out of.

StiltmanFTW
She broke Hulk free from chains he couldn't get out of.

From Hephaestus' chains?

DarkSaint85
His healing factor was 7% of it's normal level. If that's not indicative of something other than simply pummeling someone into submission I don't know what is.

Didn't actually address this

He overloaded the amount of damage his healing factor could fix at the time given the level of brain damage he had. Wolverine's healing factor wasn't reduced it just had a larger task to correct

thumb up and I guess the view from some is that Zeus overloaded the amount of damage Hulk's HF could fix.

Again, no low showing - Zeus is a skyfather, after all.

psycho gundam
Originally posted by StiltmanFTW
W8, wut? I skipped a page since it wasn't relevant but here

http://i1099.photobucket.com/albums/g386/psychogundam1/th_p5_zpsvn0kcwwu.jpg

psycho gundam
thumb up and I guess the view from some is that Zeus overloaded the amount of damage Hulk's HF could fix.

Again, no low showing - Zeus is a skyfather, after all. The difference here is the Zeus knew how long it would take for Hulk to recover even though Hulk's powers include nigh-instantaneous healing. The only way he can know when he'd heal is if he's the one that's retarding it.

EDIT* Zom-strange punched a large hole through his torso but it was healed within a couple panels

DarkSaint85
The difference here is the Zeus knew how long it would take for Hulk to recover even though Hulk's powers include nigh-instantaneous healing. The only way he can know when he'd heal is if he's the one that's retarding it.

EDIT* Zom-strange punched a large hole through his torso but it was healed within a couple panels

I always read it as Zeus having faith in his own ability to mash the Hulk up. I've never for example seen Hulk puke his guts up like that after anyone punched him.

psycho gundam
Hulk went up there to get a miracle to help his family so he's aware Zeus has magical powers that can do things nobody else he knows can do. I'm in no way denying Zeus beat the piss out of him, it's just that there is context being ignored a lot more

DarkSaint85
Hulk went up there to get a miracle to help his family so he's aware Zeus has magical powers that can do things nobody else he knows can do.

Like, overload Hulk's HF so badly with damage, it would be months before he could recover?

That's the thing, we're just going around in circles. As you say, you don't have any concrete proof to say with certainty - and to be honest, neither do I.

All I have going for me, is that I have never seen Zeus have a anti-HF spell, nor have I seen Hulk's HF being 'switched off' (or dampened for months).

<< THERE IS MORE FROM THIS THREAD HERE >>