Kratos v.s. Cenarius

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Sol Valentine
http://a4.vox.com/6a00bf76d0a9b7438300c2252b5b2c549d-500pi

v.s.

http://worldofwarcrafters.ru/legends/heroes-cenarius.jpg

They battle in a thick and dense forest that hovers over Mount Olympus.

Who wins?

ESB -1138
What is up with you and Cenarius and dense forests?

Kratos wins.

Sol Valentine
So he won't be at a disadvantage.

Violent2Dope
Kratos literally can throw him out of orbit if he wanted.

Remindme
Too bad get gets crushed before he can move

ESB -1138
Originally posted by Violent2Dope
Kratos literally can throw him out of orbit if he wanted.

Only if Kratos was being generous.

Violent2Dope
Originally posted by Remindme
Too bad get gets crushed before he can move haermm

...Oh you were serious? Sorry dude, the Collossus of Rhodes(who is about, say, 200-300 feet tall) tried that, and got thrown a mile away.

Remindme
haermm

...Oh you were serious? Sorry dude, the Collossus of Rhodes(who is about, say, 200-300 feet tall) tried that, and got thrown a mile away.

who said Cenarius has to go near him? I know i didn't

Violent2Dope
who said Cenarius has to go near him? I know i didn't How will he kill the man that has literally fought his way out of hell twice? How does he kill him?

Remindme
Summons tree's from the earth to crush him, literally.As the branches wrap around him the throns will also cut into him, nice and painful death

Violent2Dope
Summons tree's from the earth to crush him, literally.As the branches wrap around him the throns will also cut into him, nice and painful death Trees? Lol, is that it? Kratos will rip right thru them. They will cut into him? This is the guy that fights giant monsters, like Cyclope, Krakens, and Hydras. He broke out of the Kraken's grip dude. He has a large arsenal of weapons and magic at his disposal.

Burning thought
the importance of the battle lies in "what kratos" this actually is.....when you just put Kratos you could be referring to the massive one at the beginning of GOW 2, or the one at the end of GOW 2 (the one at the end is arguably more powerful, he has tonnes of abilities then)...OR you could be referring to the fairly week version at the beginning of GOW 1 (okie he isnt that week but ya kno, nothing on his other versions)

you have to take into account as its been debated before, Cenarius' spells are powerful enough to make Archimonde want to evade them as said in the sunwell trilogy according to Utriga, he seems an unbiased and truthful debator and i dont see anyone who would argue that afaik?

if Archimonde wants to evade Cenarius' spells then they must be quite destructive and so his major blasts and most powerful magic attacks would most certainly harm Kratos, perhaps even damage large God kratos at full power, Cenarius is no slouch and combine that with Cenarius' speed Kratos would unlikely be able to use his most powerful asset, his strength on him, he would have to result in using ranged attacks, which he is few on and they are fairly week imo, like Typhons bane..magic arrows<<<Cenarius when he is going to use his full power

also forget roots and trees, V2D is right, if anything tries to go melee with Kratos he is going to be fairly easily rip out of it and destroy treant summons, Cenarius is going to have to use a variety of hit and run tactics and spells to save himself and to damage Kratos over and over until he eventually takes him depending on the version.

If its GOW 2 ending version or the giant verison its going to be much harder, but Kratos seems a little slower as a large character and so this would play to Cenarius advantage, i think if you give GOW 2 kratos blade of olympus he could probably take Cenarius fairly easily, the beams are ranged it launches, fast and unlike most of kratos other ranged weapons is actually very powerful.

Darth Extecute
If it's that huge-ass Kratos that stand over 200 meters tall and who throw titans into orbit, then I consider Cenarius doomed.. However, if it's any other Kratos, I say that Cenarius is victorious.. his powers of nature and magic are vast, he has huge physical speed and strength and he's a horribly smart combatant.. And he's fighting in a dense forest..

Burning thought
the large Kratos has never thrown titans into orbit big grin

the large Kratos is dependant on his speed, his durability i dont think is any diffrent from the small god Kratos since the only truth behind GOW god durability is that their bones cannot break and they cannot burn, i dont think Cenarius victory is any shorter with those limitations against him

if Large kratos can move as fast in comparison to the smaller one then he would trample Cenarius its true

Darth Extecute
Originally posted by Burning thought
the large Kratos has never thrown titans into orbit big grin

the large Kratos is dependant on his speed, his durability i dont think is any diffrent from the small god Kratos since the only truth behind GOW god durability is that their bones cannot break and they cannot burn, i dont think Cenarius victory is any shorter with those limitations against him

if Large kratos can move as fast in comparison to the smaller one then he would trample Cenarius its true

Well, from words heard around KMC, that's exactly what Kratos is capable of.. I dont know, as I haven't played GOW..

Burning thought
Originally posted by Darth Extecute
Well, from words heard around KMC, that's exactly what Kratos is capable of.. I dont know, as I haven't played GOW..

hehe, thats hype, the highest strength feet of Kratos hmm....

ive played through all the games several times, he could never throw a titan, let alone perhaps anything into Orbit, well okie he could throw small things if he was God kratos size, but a Titan no way.

the hype usually comes from "because he could hold back Atlas' fingers he could throw things into orbit" its no argument imo, Atlas first is never stated to hold anything up but the mantle of the planet in GOW, people seem to speculate that he holds up space itself (rubbish imo, nothing states this AFAIK, not in GOW) and we must also take into consideration he wasnt neccerily putting full strength at all into his squishing of Kratos, since he was just putting him under strain since he was talking to the guy, if he wanted to just squish him he wouldnt be having a chat

Darth Extecute
hehe, thats hype, the highest strength feet of Kratos hmm....

ive played through all the games several times, he could never throw a titan, let alone perhaps anything into Orbit, well okie he could throw small things if he was God kratos size, but a Titan no way.

the hype usually comes from "because he could hold back Atlas' fingers he could throw things into orbit" its no argument imo, Atlas first is never stated to hold anything up but the mantle of the planet in GOW, people seem to speculate that he holds up space itself (rubbish imo, nothing states this AFAIK, not in GOW) and we must also take into consideration he wasnt neccerily putting full strength at all into his squishing of Kratos, since he was just putting him under strain since he was talking to the guy, if he wanted to just squish him he wouldnt be having a chat

In mythology, Atlas is said to hold the world over his shoulders.. How much he actually carry is uncertain, since I dont know how much science that's mixed with that fact.. but let's look at his actual strenght.. You said that Kratos could hold a finger from Atlas? If Atlas actually DO hold the weight of the whole world, then Kratos wouldnt be capable of doing that.. Kratos would be pushed in under the earth from the mere force of the opposition, no matter how strong he was.. So, if Atlas gave it all, I am assuming that there is a deep hole where Kratos stood strong against his finger..

Is it?

Burning thought
Originally posted by Darth Extecute
In mythology, Atlas is said to hold the world over his shoulders.. How much he actually carry is uncertain, since I dont know how much science that's mixed with that fact.. but let's look at his actual strenght.. You said that Kratos could hold a finger from Atlas? If Atlas actually DO hold the weight of the whole world, then Kratos wouldnt be capable of doing that.. Kratos would be pushed in under the earth from the mere force of the opposition, no matter how strong he was.. So, if Atlas gave it all, I am assuming that there is a deep hole where Kratos stood strong against his finger..

Is it?

what happened is that Atlas had Kratos between his fingers, he was like between his forefinger and his thumb and being pushed between them, but Atlas wasnt even trying it seems to me, and Kratos was struggling against it but eventually pushed them apart, people seem to imediatley think he has Atlas class strength or anything comparable to throwing about things into orbit.

its true Atlas in mythology it says he holds the heavens on his shoulders, but this Atlas is slightly diffrent, as are all the GOW gods comapring them to mythology.

Utrigita
what happened is that Atlas had Kratos between his fingers, he was like between his forefinger and his thumb and being pushed between them, but Atlas wasnt even trying it seems to me, and Kratos was struggling against it but eventually pushed them apart, people seem to imediatley think he has Atlas class strength or anything comparable to throwing about things into orbit.

its true Atlas in mythology it says he holds the heavens on his shoulders, but this Atlas is slightly diffrent, as are all the GOW gods comapring them to mythology.

s he isn't as strong as hercules

Violent2Dope
Atlas was trying to squash Kratos. Kratos held him back. Atlas in Mythology at least holds the sky, and in many sources even space. He is strong enough to do that in GOW2 with a free hand while trying to crush him. Kratos rammed the massive head of the Hydra thru a long pike on a ship, overpowers 20-30 foot Cyclope with ease, ripped out of the Kraken's grip, muscled the Blade of Olympus from ZEUS, and tossed a 200-300 foot Collossus a mile away. He is MUCH stronger than Cenarius. If this is Kratos at the end of GOW2...it is a stomp, nothing less. He has all his godly powers and MORE in a small package.

Burning thought
Atlas was trying to squash Kratos. Kratos held him back. Atlas in Mythology at least holds the sky, and in many sources even space. He is strong enough to do that in GOW2 with a free hand while trying to crush him. Kratos rammed the massive head of the Hydra thru a long pike on a ship, overpowers 20-30 foot Cyclope with ease, ripped out of the Kraken's grip, muscled the Blade of Olympus from ZEUS, and tossed a 200-300 foot Collossus a mile away. He is MUCH stronger than Cenarius. If this is Kratos at the end of GOW2...it is a stomp, nothing less. He has all his godly powers and MORE in a small package.

why do you base so much on strength? how the hell is his strength going to help him against the far faster Cenarius? the guy could move far away from Kratos then blast him over and over until kratos falls, kratos has never showed immunity to magic, and very little ressitence (infact in storyline he never shows much resistence to any magics either from memory)

Atlas wasnt trying, he wasnt even strained, play it, you can see his face and how easily hes pushing without too much trouble at all, not to menstion hes speaking to Kratos while hes doing it, why would he speak to a guy he just wants to crush. Mythology is a moot point, Zues in mythology has done tonnes of things form shapeshifting, all kinds of transformations and kicked Hephastus across the world and all kinds of crazy things, the Zues in GOW and all the Gods have not such feets from shown. Atlas simply holds up the earths mantle, the sky....the sky is atmosphere...how much you think it weighs?

theres no debate Kratos is far stronger than Cenarius, but this will not neccerily help him, i doubt Cenarius is going melee..

Violent2Dope
why do you base so much on strength? how the hell is his strength going to help him against the far faster Cenarius? the guy could move far away from Kratos then blast him over and over until kratos falls, kratos has never showed immunity to magic, and very little ressitence (infact in storyline he never shows much resistence to any magics either from memory)

Atlas wasnt trying, he wasnt even strained, play it, you can see his face and how easily hes pushing without too much trouble at all, not to menstion hes speaking to Kratos while hes doing it, why would he speak to a guy he just wants to crush. Mythology is a moot point, Zues in mythology has done tonnes of things form shapeshifting, all kinds of transformations and kicked Hephastus across the world and all kinds of crazy things, the Zues in GOW and all the Gods have not such feets from shown. Atlas simply holds up the earths mantle, the sky....the sky is atmosphere...how much you think it weighs?

theres no debate Kratos is far stronger than Cenarius, but this will not neccerily help him, i doubt Cenarius is going melee.. Kratos took magical lightning bolts from Zeus, multiply. Kratos could also send magic back at Cenarius with the Golden Fleece.

I did play it. Kratos was the one talking, trying to get Atlas to stop and listen to him. Ares thru a steel pike from across the world and hit Kratos with it. That's pretty uber. Zeus ended the Titan War in one blow. Also, how can he hold up the mantle? The mantle is soft, and mostly magma.

Kratos has many options as well. Would be good to know which Kratos this is tho.

Burning thought
Kratos took magical lightning bolts from Zeus, multiply. Kratos could also send magic back at Cenarius with the Golden Fleece.

I did play it. Kratos was the one talking, trying to get Atlas to stop and listen to him. Ares thru a steel pike from across the world and hit Kratos with it. That's pretty uber. Zeus ended the Titan War in one blow. Also, how can he hold up the mantle? The mantle is soft, and mostly magma.

Kratos has many options as well. Would be good to know which Kratos this is tho.

hmm ime curious does he actually get hit by zues at all? i mean to be fair half of the lighnting bolts in the vids miss and the last crackling blasts zues does on him at the end hit the sword before Kratos pretends to give up

Kratos talks as well, but Atlas also speaks, cant remember what he says something like Kratos betrayed the titans and such or deserted them, not sure but he was certainly talking but you can easily see Kratos is straining, Atlas is not barely trying. Also the mantle is not all soft, its partly magma but magma is very viscous and has incredible amounts of metals in it, also we can see what hes holding up, the lithospheres lower crust, so barely the bottom of the surface..not too great a strength feet when you comapre it to holding up the whole world or space itself is it.

i agree Kratos has some options, but not "as" many as cenarius vast array of powers.

Violent2Dope
hmm ime curious does he actually get hit by zues at all? i mean to be fair half of the lighnting bolts in the vids miss and the last crackling blasts zues does on him at the end hit the sword before Kratos pretends to give up

Kratos talks as well, but Atlas also speaks, cant remember what he says something like Kratos betrayed the titans and such or deserted them, not sure but he was certainly talking but you can easily see Kratos is straining, Atlas is not barely trying. Also the mantle is not all soft, its partly magma but magma is very viscous and has incredible amounts of metals in it, also we can see what hes holding up, the lithospheres lower crust, so barely the bottom of the surface..not too great a strength feet when you comapre it to holding up the whole world or space itself is it.

i agree Kratos has some options, but not "as" many as cenarius vast array of powers. 1. Are you serious? The only way to dodge those bastards was to fleece them!

2. He says sumthin before trying to crush him, yes, then he attempts to squish him.

3. You also forget Kratos has a better war mind than Cenarius.

Burning thought
1. Are you serious? The only way to dodge those bastards was to fleece them!

2. He says sumthin before trying to crush him, yes, then he attempts to squish him.

3. You also forget Kratos has a better war mind than Cenarius.

1. *shrug* i swear i just rolled, their not that quick, or i didnt let him get one off, or does he go invincible before he does it, cant remeber...

2. he doesnt attempt, at least not with all his strength thats for sure, since he isnt straining, so assuming hes putting a lot of strength into it is folly especially when comparing it as a feet, Kratos has trouble with large concrete blocks and such.

3. hmm, you so sure about that? hes more feroucious for sure, but more tactical? i dont know about that, Cenarius hasnt always been such a seemingly docile creature in the forests, in the books although ive not read them, utriga and things Darth said makes it seem he was right in the thick of the war doing all sorts of things.

Violent2Dope
1. *shrug* i swear i just rolled, their not that quick, or i didnt let him get one off, or does he go invincible before he does it, cant remeber...

2. he doesnt attempt, at least not with all his strength thats for sure, since he isnt straining, so assuming hes putting a lot of strength into it is folly especially when comparing it as a feet, Kratos has trouble with large concrete blocks and such.

3. hmm, you so sure about that? hes more feroucious for sure, but more tactical? i dont know about that, Cenarius hasnt always been such a seemingly docile creature in the forests, in the books although ive not read them, utriga and things Darth said makes it seem he was right in the thick of the war doing all sorts of things. 1. Really? Well he took them nontheless. I play on Titan mode. I don't think he becomes invincible while firing one.

2. Your face doesn't have to move at all to try and crush sumthin with all your strength dude. Kratos doesn't have trouble with concrete blocks, only in gameplay to make the game more challenging.

3. He was the general of a Sparten army that won many battles, and this is while having human abilities.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.