Poetry Contest THEME

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Syren
Please vote for the theme you would most like to write about. There is a limit of three days for voting and once the poll is closed, the theme is chosen. No last minute changes.

Victor Von Doom
People aren't thinking how narrow a theme 'The complexity of modern life' is.

It's guiding towards a really specific subject.

Kenshinswife
well i was taking it from the aspect of, the results of lifes complexities..ya know cause and effect what it drives people to, how we hide it and how we acclimate

Victor Von Doom
It's a valid theme, but there's not a lot of scope for variation.

chillmeistergen
Is there only going to be one theme?

Victor Von Doom
I think so. Possibly defeats the object otherwise.

Also, I give up.

Let's all write about the internet.

Syren
laughing out loud

I used each suggestion made in the other thread. I didn't want to pick and choose the ones for the poll, wouldn't have been fair.

Bardock42
Why pamper life's complexity when the leather runs smooth on the passenger seat?

Fëanor
Originally posted by Victor Von Doom
People aren't thinking how narrow a theme 'The complexity of modern life' is.

It's guiding towards a really specific subject. Not necessarily so...the complexities can amout to many things if you really think on it. Some of which could be interrelated in a way that seems simple enough but underlying it is an agenda that could be benign or malignant.

Bardock42
Hehehe, people that write poetry speak stupidly.

Syren
Bardock, are you going to continue to act like a complete wanker? smile

Bardock42
Originally posted by Syren
Bardock, are you going to continue to act like a complete wanker? smile

It's one of many options that has to be considered smile

Syren
Originally posted by Bardock42
It's one of many options that has to be considered smile

Would you mind terribly if I requested that you act like a wanker elsewhere? smile

Bardock42
Would you mind terribly if I requested that you act like a wanker elsewhere? smile Wouldn't mind, no. Likely wouldn't comply though smile

Syren
Wouldn't mind, no. Likely wouldn't comply though smile

Is there any particular reason? smile

Bardock42
Is there any particular reason? smile Multiple, I am sure. Most probably come down to me enjoying what you call "acting like a wanker"...which I find to be loosely defined anyways.

Victor Von Doom

Bardock42
Yeah.

This is KMC. KMC? THIS....IS...

no expression

Victor Von Doom
(Internet)

Bardock42
(Internet)

Dog.

big gay kirk
Why pamper life's complexity when the leather runs smooth on the passenger seat?

its gruesome that someone so handsome would care....

Bardock42
Originally posted by big gay kirk
its gruesome that someone so handsome would care....

Allriiight!!

SelphieT
I dunno, the think outside the box theme is still really vague to me.

I'd have no idea what to write about, and I'd feel quite unsure.

But I still don't know what to vote for..... confused

Alpha Centauri
People are choosing "The complexity of modern life." and "Think outside the box." cos it makes them feel smart.

Not because it'd work.

-AC

chillmeistergen
Complexity of modern life is far too narrow a theme, if it's only going to be a competition with just the one. When suggesting it, I thought that there were going to be a few themes that competitors could choose between.

Vinny Valentine
Mine is second place... Woo.

~Forever*Alone~
thats not the competition. silly.

Syren
Originally posted by chillmeistergen
Complexity of modern life is far too narrow a theme, if it's only going to be a competition with just the one. When suggesting it, I thought that there were going to be a few themes that competitors could choose between.

Might be an idea to use the top two themes after this poll is finished. What do you think?

Originally posted by Alpha Centauri
People are choosing "The complexity of modern life." and "Think outside the box." cos it makes them feel smart.

Not because it'd work.

-AC

No one's chosen 'think outside the box', smarty pants stick out tongue

Bardock42
Might be an idea to use the top two themes after this poll is finished. What do you think?

No one's chosen 'think outside the box', smarty pants stick out tongue Wouldn't that make it very hard to compare?

Syren
Why? As long as each poem is relevant to its theme and well executed then I wouldn't have thought so hmm

Bardock42
Why? As long as each poem is relevant to its theme and well executed then I wouldn't have thought so hmm I would imagine it is rather hard to judge. Maybe it's not, but different themes must create immensely different poems, of which I would not claim to can say which is better.

But that's your problem, if you can do that, that's cool.

Victor Von Doom
I don't mind more than one theme in a judging sense, as it's not necessary for the poems to be on the same theme in order to compare them.

I thought the whole point of the single theme though was to standardise the contest in some way.

I don't really mind, ultimately.

big gay kirk
personally i'd say just the one theme....but thats me...

Bardock42
personally i'd say just the one theme....but thats me...

It's great that your personal opinion portrayed in a post is directly linked to your account, so people can see that it's just you, even though you don't have to say it.

Victor Von Doom
Says who?

Bardock42
Says who? Ha...I appreciate topic related humour.

AOR
Ha...I appreciate topic related humour.

I laughed srug.

What does "The complexity of modern life." mean? confused

Bardock42
Originally posted by AOR
I laughed srug.
So you appreciated it too.

AOR
So you appreciated it too.

Appreciate is too strong of a word. I think "enjoyed" would suffice.

Syren
I really don't want to be left with the ultimate decision, to be honest. The point of the poll was for the decision to be made by public vote, until suggestions were made for more than one of the preferred themes to be used.

I'll make a decision for me, and the rest of you will have to argue amongst yourselves.

I say one theme, and that theme will be 'the complexity of modern life' as it's obviously the most popular theme.

Don't ask me what it means, for crying out loud. Use your imagination and work it out for yourselves.

Bardock42
Obviously the most popular. Ahead by the unimaginable amount of 1 vote.

Just a mere 21 percent away from an absolute majority.

Hehe, I'm funny.

Syren
Well, Bardock, it is the most popular because it has one more than the second most popular. And it is obvious, to me at least. I would imagine it'd be obvious to you if you pulled your head out of your ass and took a peek stick out tongue

Bardock42
Well, Bardock, it is the most popular because it has one more than the second most popular. And it is obvious, to me at least. I would imagine it'd be obvious to you if you pulled your head out of your ass and took a peek stick out tongue

It is the most popular of the...and here it comes....17 people that voted.

Hahaha, I can't stop laughing...first this, then Judge, now this again. Hahahah.

Syren
It is the most popular of the...and here it comes....17 people that voted.

Hahaha, I can't stop laughing...first this, then Judge, now this again. Hahahah.

It's not grammatically incorrect, is it?

For f.uck's sake, Marius. Why have you taken it upon yourself to harass this particular thread? If there's a reason, do me a favour and tell me what it is.

Bardock42
It's not grammatically incorrect, is it?

For f.uck's sake, Marius. Why have you taken it upon yourself to harass this particular thread? If there's a reason, do me a favour and tell me what it is.

No. At least I think it isn't.

Well, it's a funny thread. It has you, VVD, chillmeistergen and Feanor in it. On top of that it's in one of the most ridiculous forums on KMC.

I just want to feel loved crytissue

Syren
No. At least I think it isn't.

Well, it's a funny thread. It has you, VVD, chillmeistergen and Feanor in it. On top of that it's in one of the most ridiculous forums on KMC.

I just want to feel loved crytissue

Well, that's ok then. Almost had me worried for a moment.

It's funny because it has me, VVD, chillmeistergen and Feanor in it? Or is it just funny all by itself, whilst having me, VVD, chillmeistergen and Feanor in it?

It being one of the most ridiculous forums is your opinion and you're welcome to it... no wait, you welcome to f.uck off out of the forum if it's that ridiculous happy

I do love you, you little German bastard hug

Bardock42
Well, that's ok then. Almost had me worried for a moment.

It's funny because it has me, VVD, chillmeistergen and Feanor in it? Or is it just funny all by itself, whilst having me, VVD, chillmeistergen and Feanor in it?

It being one of the most ridiculous forums is your opinion and you're welcome to it... no wait, you welcome to f.uck off out of the forum if it's that ridiculous happy

I do love you, you little German bastard hug

Well, have you read half the poetry people post here?

And I know you love me...

Syren
Well, have you read half the poetry people post here?

And I know you love me...

I have tried... shrug

No, wait, I didn't mean it like that oh

*pinches cheeks*

Who's a cute little German bastard? You are...

Bardock42
I have tried... shrug

No, wait, I didn't mean it like that oh

*pinches cheeks*

Who's a cute little German bastard? You are... Lets all take a moment together and say it.

It's shit.

Yes, yes it is. Shit. Utter garbage.

SelphieT
I hope you aren't talking about me Bardock.

Cause you haven't been posting any poems. sly

Bardock42
Originally posted by SelphieT
I hope you aren't talking about me Bardock.

Cause you haven't been posting any poems. sly

Well.

Anyways, why should I add shit to crap.

SelphieT
Well.

Anyways, why should I add shit to crap.

Yeah, forget you.

Bardock42
Yeah, forget you.

Don't you....forget about me.

Syren
It's a whole lot of crap but there are a few gems. Like most of the forum then.

Bardock42

Nah, most forums, on average, have less pretentious morons.

But it's still a good forum. Just ridiculous. I like it though. Ridiculous lovable forum.

SelphieT
So has the theme been decided yet? Or do we still have some more voting to go?

Bardock42
I really don't want to be left with the ultimate decision, to be honest. The point of the poll was for the decision to be made by public vote, until suggestions were made for more than one of the preferred themes to be used.

I'll make a decision for me, and the rest of you will have to argue amongst yourselves.

I say one theme, and that theme will be 'the complexity of modern life' as it's obviously the most popular theme.

Don't ask me what it means, for crying out loud. Use your imagination and work it out for yourselves.

SelphieT
Alright, just being safe.

Bardock42
Alright, just being safe. And being safe is half the battle.

AOR

Lets consider the writers. I doubt there are any Robert Frost's out here, and even if there were I find it hard to imagine someone with actual talent and ability to waste it here on a forum then share it (carbon copy) with friends and/or a publisher. But your right, there are a seldom few who write somewhat decent poety. With the exception of myself. I usually use this forum to vent emotional frustration in what would seem to be something beautiful. No hard feelings though shrug

Ordained
I don't know what the big deal is? This is online. We come here to have fun. What does it matter if someone isn't good at writing poetry. No one has to call anyone on it if their stuff isn't good. Who knows what was going on or what they were feeling when they wrote what they wrote. No one here is in any place to judge anyone. Talent doesn't matter here. Are we doing this to save our lives or to get a job? No. We're doing it for fun. Jeez shrug

Bardock42
Originally posted by Ordained
I don't know what the big deal is? This is online. We come here to have fun. What does it matter if someone isn't good at writing poetry. No one has to call anyone on it if their stuff isn't good. Who knows what was going on or what they were feeling when they wrote what they wrote. No one here is in any place to judge anyone. Talent doesn't matter here. Are we doing this to save our lives or to get a job? No. We're doing it for fun. Jeez shrug

Does that extend to people who like to judge poetry for fun...online...or just those that write it?

Ordained
no expression

Most likely, to everyone.

I was going for just you since you were talking about it, but that wouldn't have seemed fair and I want no form of trouble.

Or do I evil face

SelphieT
My poetry obviously isn't the best, but...

*puffs out chest* Dammit, I try!

Syren
laughing out loud

*pokes chest*

Less of the puff, m'lady. I think you're pretty talented stick out tongue

big gay kirk
Bardock.. thy micturations are to me.....

Bardock42
Bardock.. thy micturations are to me.....

NOOOOOOOO!!!

I wish my intestine could detach itself and strangle my brain.

Fëanor
On the off chance at my not being here as much, and I'm pretty certain I'm not up to date as yet...but has a theme or such been determined?

Bardock42

Victor Von Doom
Alright.

Complexity of Modern Life it is.

Just 'Modern Life' would be better, though.

Bardock42
Alright.

Just 'Modern Life' would be better, though. Look at mister "I know it all", knowing it all. Feeling good about yourself, knowing it all around the block. Hmm, you are the know it all kid...yeah, knowing it all left and right, yeah.

You disgust me.

~Bun Bun~
Alright.

Just 'Modern Life' would be better, though.

*Agrees* yes

Syren
"Modern Life" it is then. All those in favour? smile

Ordained
I

vivando-loca
what exactly does "Modern Life" imply?

Victor Von Doom
Could mean various things, so it's best to interpret it as you will. I think it's quite a difficult theme for this kind of thing, but it's apparently what people wanted.

SelphieT
So when is the deadline?

Victor Von Doom
Syren is going to make the thread.

Fëanor
ok..

Bardock42
Syren is going to make the thread. HAHAHAHAH, where's your precious thread now?

Victor Von Doom
Dunno.

Syren
I am quite busy at the moment. I'll make it before I go to Florida (Friday) but I'll be away until December 3rd.

SelphieT
Hey Syren, if you need a judge, I'll gladly judge. I don't think I'm going to participate in this contest.

lil bitchiness
Ok, I made a thread, and used the same rules from previous competitions.

We always gave it 3 weeks from the start date, so I did the same here.

If anyone has more suggestions, please post them here.

Fëanor
I've had to write another one as my first I was going to submit did not meet the criteria for the agreed upon theme.

chillmeistergen
I'll try my best to get it done in time, though I have a university application to finish and also have to leave for Denmark in a few weeks. So I'm afraid I may not be able to enter, though I will try.

Victor Von Doom
If you do try your best, and it's not finished, your best is frankly pathetic.

Enter though, you suggested the theme. Wouldn't be right otherwise.

chillmeistergen
I'll do my best, to get something adequate together.

Nay son, 'tis not my theme, but the people's theme.

Victor Von Doom
Th-that's what Nazi war criminals say.

chillmeistergen
Yeah.

Syren
Thanks for making the thread lil, sorry I didn't get it done. I'm in Florida now (yes, I am visiting KMC whilst on holiday) but I thought I'd check in to see how the contest was going. Or, indeed, whether it had gone ahead at all smile

lil bitchiness
extended the deadline.

C'mon people cry

Fëanor
could be there aren't more because they have writer's block. or they're so inundated with the modernity of life they can't see their own noses from their face.

Syren
Or because people were never really interested in the first place - promises, promises! cry

XvampbenjiiX666
oh shit i forgot all about the contest....to late to join?

AOR
Or because people were never really interested in the first place - promises, promises! cry

I was true, though I never made a promise. We should trust that those who spoke of poetry will come through in the end.

Originally posted by XvampbenjiiX666
oh shit i forgot all about the contest....to late to join?

Not at all. Write and post quickly. You poem would be more then welcome.

Bardock42

Fëanor
Or because people were never really interested in the first place - promises, promises! cry Or...they're in over their heads and have just come to realize their error?Originally posted by Bardock42
Or they finally realized they suck after many posts of mine saying that a whole bunch of them suck. Then that would give you power over them. Sad but true.

Syren
Or they finally realized they suck after many posts of mine saying that a whole bunch of them suck.

If you're actually pleased that you may have sabotaged the contest then you're more of a wanker than I first believed smile

Bardock42
If you're actually pleased that you may have sabotaged the contest then you're more of a wanker than I first believed smile

Is that true now? smile

Syren
Is that true now? smile

Not now. It was an hour ago smile

Bardock42
Not now. It was an hour ago smile Should work on making statements that are applicable at least for a day smile

Syren
Should work on making statements that are applicable at least for a day smile

Because you told me I should? smile

Bardock42
Because you told me I should? smile Just an advice smile

Syren
Just an advice smile

Appreciate that. May I give you some advice? smile

AOR
When will these poems be judged?

Syren
When we get some more entries smile

King of Blades
Originally posted by King of Blades
When will these poems be judged?

When we get some more entries smile

Uber ghey disgust

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.