Superman Prime vs Superman Prime

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Bransolute
They fight.

Switch 07
They both fight forever until Wolverine brings out teh claws and everyone loses. Especially us fans.

batdude123
Superman Prime.

Rorschach
Originally posted by batdude123
Superman Prime.

Co-signed. thumb up

Master-Borg
Golden Prime beats Emo Prime.

Galan007
Originally posted by Master-Borg
Golden Prime beats Emo Prime. Dats cuz hes teh GOD!! dur

Sirius77
If you mean Superboy-prime vs Superman-prime (allstar),
then allstar takes this easily.

Galan007
Originally posted by Sirius77
If you mean Superboy-prime vs Superman-prime (allstar),
then allstar takes this easily. I think he means,

Superemo-Prime vs. Superman Prime (from DC One Million)

Barbarian Shams
Superman Prime from the DC 1 Million future beats present day Superman Prime with ease I think.

Gecko4lif
Golden boy turns emo boys anus inside out

spetznaz
It would be tantamount to a fight between an African Bull Elephant (Superman Prime from DC1M) and your common garden toad (Emo Prime).

Emo Prime is the shi* compared to current Kryptonians, but he is nothing compared to SMPrime1M. Superman Prime (the real one) was already said to be the most powerful meta, and that was before he went into the Sun for all those years.

Galan007
Originally posted by spetznaz
It would be tantamount to a fight between an African Bull Elephant (Superman Prime from DC1M) and your common garden toad (Emo Prime).

Emo Prime is the shi* compared to current Kryptonians, but he is nothing compared to SMPrime1M. Superman Prime (the real one) was already said to be the most powerful meta, and that was before he went into the Sun for all those years. Except for the fact that Goldie has almost no feats. srsly

spetznaz
Originally posted by Galan007
Except for the fact that Goldie has almost no feats. srsly

Well, Ganthet of Oa has 'almost no feats.'
Wolverine has an @$$ load of feats.

Who would win in a bout?

HueyFreeman

Who would win in a bout? Wolverine wink

Galan007

Who would win in a bout? *sighs* How does that even relate to what I'm saying? confused

SBP = A planet pushing, dimension busting, retcon punching, GL slaughtering, beast of a character.

Goldie beat a burnt out Solaris, and gave the SD some of their powers, -- Good stuff, sure.

Is it enough to give him the win against a character with the more superior/confirmed feats? No, imo.

spetznaz
*sighs* How does that even relate to what I'm saying? confused

SBP = A planet pushing, dimension busting, retcon punching, GL slaughtering, beast of a character.

Goldie beat a burnt out Solaris, and gave the SD some of their powers, -- Good stuff, sure.

Is it enough to give him the win against a character with the more superior/confirmed feats? No, imo.

Oh, how does it relate to what you are saying? Well, it relates because you said the following:

'Except for the fact that Goldie has almost no feats. '

I was trying to show the inefficacy of basing your argument on the fact that the character has ALMOST no feats.

Thus, Ganthet has ALMOST no feats, and some of them are actually allusions to something (e.g. he has the willpower to crack the Earth with a thought, yet he did not do it), yet a character like Wolverine has all sorts of feats. Thus based on the 'no feats' aspect (which has been cropping up every now and then), Wolverine should be Ganthet's superior.

Second of all, you state that Emo Prime is a retcon punching, dimension busting, etc etc etc Flash blitzing etc etc etc all-superhero-on-earth-crushing etc etc etc super-aging, hyper-tear-duct-enabled etc etc etc character.

Well, that is true. Very true.

Emo Prime is all that and a bucket of tears!

No argument there.

However, like some people tend to do, you are focusing on one character's traits and forgeting (or overlooking) those of the other. It does NOT matter how powerful character A is if character B is more powerful than that.

Think of it this way:

1) Superman Prime (the real one, not Emo Prime) came back to Earth after wandering for 68,000 years, during which DC EXPLICITLY states that he gathered powers far beyond those of ANY metahuman. He was already beyond power.

2) Then he made the covenant with his descendants, that for as long as they will abide he will bestow upon them far greater powers. NOW, his descendants by that time already had vast powers due to the 5th dimension imps, but Prime gave them powers FAR beyond those.
(YET YOU SAY ALL HE DID IS GIVE THEM SOME OF HIS POWERS ....that is a weak argument that i honestly did not expect from you. Others, but not you .....unless, ofcourse, you never read DC1Million).

Take Superman 1 Million for example ....when he came to our time line, away from Superman Prime's influence and power link, he INSTANTLY started to lose power. Now, he was still vastly more powerful than 'normal' Superman, but he was ebbing. He states so SEVERAL times.
To a point whereby he even doubts he can make the leap from the Earth to the Moon (and he keeps on saying how distance away from Prime is weakening him)
Finally, when he PUNCHES (since you like dimension breaking punches so much), from the 21st century to the 853rd century ....hmmm, breaking the time dimension anyone ....he becomes so drained that he ages to an inch of his death. Yet when he breaks through, and encounters Prime's power link, he is instantly made whole and back to his apex.
Yet you say all Prime did is give them ....what did you say ....'some' power?!?
Weak.

3) Finally, after Prime came back from his 68,000 years of wondering, and after he made the covenant, he went inside the fortress of solitude (that happened to be at the heart of the Sun ....oh, and i wonder what a yellow sun does to Kryptonians) where he stayed for 15,000 years.

Now, we know what a sun DIP does to a normal kryptonian. We saw what happened with All-Star Superman.
I wonder what would happen when a Kryptonian who, before he goes into the sun is already per DC 'beyond any meta,' goes into the sun for 15 THOUSAND YEARS.

Hmmm ...I wonder if he might ....just be ...able to push a planet? Maybe a tiny one? Or if he might be able to blitz a Flash? Or if he might be able to ....oh my goodness ....'slaughter a Gl' since you listed 'Gl slaughtering' as one of the penchants of Emo Prime? Or if he just might be able to punch through a dimension (particularly since someone under his power aegis managed to punch over 832 centuries into the future) ....maybe Prime might ....just might ....be able to punch a few seconds into the future.

And when DC states Prime as being the most powerful of the Superman dynasty, and not just in DC1M but also in All-Star, then maybe the writers must have forgotten about Emo Prime (maybe that is why the poor kid is always crying ....he feels overlooked by DC. They even destroyed his entire planet, and had him locked away in a pocket dimension where the only way out was to punch through and raise poor dead Jason from the dead in the process).

Seriously though, you cannot compare Emo Prime with Superman Prime.

Galan007
Oh, how does it relate to what you are saying? Well, it relates because you said the following:

'Except for the fact that Goldie has almost no feats. '

I was trying to show the inefficacy of basing your argument on the fact that the character has ALMOST no feats.

Thus, Ganthet has ALMOST no feats, and some of them are actually allusions to something (e.g. he has the willpower to crack the Earth with a thought, yet he did not do it), yet a character like Wolverine has all sorts of feats. Thus based on the 'no feats' aspect (which has been cropping up every now and then), Wolverine should be Ganthet's superior.

Second of all, you state that Emo Prime is a retcon punching, dimension busting, etc etc etc Flash blitzing etc etc etc all-superhero-on-earth-crushing etc etc etc super-aging, hyper-tear-duct-enabled etc etc etc character.

Well, that is true. Very true.

Emo Prime is all that and a bucket of tears!

No argument there.

However, like some people tend to do, you are focusing on one character's traits and forgeting (or overlooking) those of the other. It does NOT matter how powerful character A is if character B is more powerful than that.

Think of it this way:

1) Superman Prime (the real one, not Emo Prime) came back to Earth after wandering for 68,000 years, during which DC EXPLICITLY states that he gathered powers far beyond those of ANY metahuman. He was already beyond power.

2) Then he made the covenant with his descendants, that for as long as they will abide he will bestow upon them far greater powers. NOW, his descendants by that time already had vast powers due to the 5th dimension imps, but Prime gave them powers FAR beyond those.
(YET YOU SAY ALL HE DID IS GIVE THEM SOME OF HIS POWERS ....that is a weak argument that i honestly did not expect from you. Others, but not you .....unless, ofcourse, you never read DC1Million).

Take Superman 1 Million for example ....when he came to our time line, away from Superman Prime's influence and power link, he INSTANTLY started to lose power. Now, he was still vastly more powerful than 'normal' Superman, but he was ebbing. He states so SEVERAL times.
To a point whereby he even doubts he can make the leap from the Earth to the Moon (and he keeps on saying how distance away from Prime is weakening him)
Finally, when he PUNCHES (since you like dimension breaking punches so much), from the 21st century to the 853rd century ....hmmm, breaking the time dimension anyone ....he becomes so drained that he ages to an inch of his death. Yet when he breaks through, and encounters Prime's power link, he is instantly made whole and back to his apex.
Yet you say all Prime did is give them ....what did you say ....'some' power?!?
Weak.

3) Finally, after Prime came back from his 68,000 years of wondering, and after he made the covenant, he went inside the fortress of solitude (that happened to be at the heart of the Sun ....oh, and i wonder what a yellow sun does to Kryptonians) where he stayed for 15,000 years.

Now, we know what a sun DIP does to a normal kryptonian. We saw what happened with All-Star Superman.
I wonder what would happen when a Kryptonian who, before he goes into the sun is already per DC 'beyond any meta,' goes into the sun for 15 THOUSAND YEARS.

Hmmm ...I wonder if he might ....just be ...able to push a planet? Maybe a tiny one? Or if he might be able to blitz a Flash? Or if he might be able to ....oh my goodness ....'slaughter a Gl' since you listed 'Gl slaughtering' as one of the penchants of Emo Prime? Or if he just might be able to punch through a dimension (particularly since someone under his power aegis managed to punch over 832 centuries into the future) ....maybe Prime might ....just might ....be able to punch a few seconds into the future.

And when DC states Prime as being the most powerful of the Superman dynasty, and not just in DC1M but also in All-Star, then maybe the writers must have forgotten about Emo Prime (maybe that is why the poor kid is always crying ....he feels overlooked by DC. They even destroyed his entire planet, and had him locked away in a pocket dimension where the only way out was to punch through and raise poor dead Jason from the dead in the process).

Seriously though, you cannot compare Emo Prime with Superman Prime. An enormous post, that didn't answer a single thing. srsly

Feat-wise,
What has Goldie done on panel that puts him above someone like Emo?

do not equate to feats -- Nor does your using of Superman 1M's feats in an ABC logic sort of manner]. ermm

Mr.Biscuits
An enormous post, that didn't answer a single thing. srsly
Sure it did.If what he posted is correct Prime murders EMO....erm

Shit give Regular Supes just a year of sun dipping and he'll tear Emo up...

Galan007
Originally posted by Mr.Biscuits
Sure it did.If what he posted is correct Prime murders EMO....erm

Shit give Regular Supes just a year of sun dipping and he'll tear Emo up... Basing your argument on feats, or speculation?

Mr.Biscuits
Basing your argument on feats, or speculation?
Logic?

spetznaz

Feat-wise,

do not equate to feats -- Nor does your using of Superman 1M's feats in an ABC logic sort of manner]. ermm

You know Galan, I always thought you were logical. You say that I didn't post squat (although already others have seen what I wrote ...guess their logic is as atrophied as mine then, huh)

Anyways, a recap:

Finally, when he PUNCHES (since you like dimension breaking punches so much), from the 21st century to the 853rd century ....hmmm, breaking the time dimension anyone ....he becomes so drained that he ages

Galan007
Again,
None of those are solid feats.

Your using statements made in a comic, as 'feats' for points #1-2 -- And using ABC logic for your last 'point'.

Neither of which stand up to solid on panel feats.

spetznaz

Feat-wise,

I'd like to see you refute what I wrote.

Actually, just TWO parts:

1) Where DC states that when Superman Prime come sback from 68,000 years of wondering he is already more powerful than any meta (and powers gleaned from the edge pof space and all that jazz)

2) How powerful a Kryptonian, who before going into the sun for 15 THOUSAND YEARS is already said to be more powerful than any meta, might just become.

For the other readers, my other post illustrates some of the aspects about the real Superman Prime

Galan007
1) Where DC states that when Superman Prime come sback from 68,000 years of wondering he is already more powerful than any meta (and powers gleaned from the edge pof space and all that jazz)Statements don't equate to feats.

Solar was referred to as THE God numerous times throughout his series -- But was he THE God? no

2) How powerful a Kryptonian, who before going into the sun for 15 THOUSAND YEARS is already said to be more powerful than any meta, might just become. Since Prime never did anything uber on panel, anything stated is speculatory at best, as we simply don't know. smile

spetznaz

Since Prime never did anything uber on panel, anything stated is speculatory at best, as we simply don't know. smile

So, a Kryptonian (say normal Superman, since you are ...per your posts ...claiming that all that stuff of Prime being beyond any meta is bull) spending 15,000 years in the heart of a sun is 'speculatory at best.' Even though we know what a couple-second dip (or for that matter, proximity) to the Sun does?

Just clarifying for all to know. Some times it is best to have some things clearly posted.

Soljer
So, a Kryptonian (say normal Superman, since you are ...per your posts ...claiming that all that stuff of Prime being beyond any meta is bull) spending 15,000 years in the heart of a sun is 'speculatory at best.' Even though we know what a couple-second dip (or for that matter, proximity) to the Sun does?

Just clarifying for all to know. Some times it is best to have some things clearly posted.

Different continuities, for starters.

A few second sundip has meant a death sentence for All Star Superman.

Significantly longer sundip allowed Superman to pretty much piss in Darkseid's cereal.

Who knows what it did to Prime?

Erik-Lensherr
laughing

Galan007

Originally posted by Soljer
Who knows what it did to Prime? thumb up

spetznaz

Significantly longer sundip allowed Superman to pretty much piss in Darkseid's cereal.

So, to you Emo Prime is more powerful than DC1M/ASS Superman Prime too?

As for the time factor ...15 Centuries at the heart of the Sun would make even SuperBoy (Conner) uber as well ...and say, didn't he play an instrumental part at stopping Superboy Prime?

Soljer
So, to you Emo Prime is more powerful than DC1M/ASS Superman Prime too?

As for the time factor ...15 Centuries at the heart of the Sun would make even SuperBoy (Conner) uber as well ...and say, didn't he play an instrumental part at stopping Superboy Prime?

Superman 1M and All Star Superman have feats that put them above Superman(boy) Prime.

Superman(golden) Prime does not.

All he has is guesses and supposition. Supposition that I happen to agree with - but supposition nonetheless. I believe that is Galan's point.

Accel
(Gasp!)

Spet's super-long posts have no effect? oh

Galan007
All he has is guesses and supposition. Supposition that I happen to agree with - but supposition nonetheless. I believe that is Galan's point. Absolutely. thumb up

In my opinion Goldie should be one of the more powerful characters we've seen in DC -- On panel feats however, paint a much different picture... Rendering personal opinion(s), meaningless.

Because as most of us know,
Feats are the only full-proof way to determain a solid winner in the battles here on KMC. smile

Hannibal-Lector
Well how much time does ex-sbp get in terms of sun exposure. I mean in his most recent showing, didnt he over power Sups, supergirl, 2xww, power girl + buncha others with 1 moment of his hand exposed to the sun? And that being after being several yeaars under a red star

batdude123

Superman didn't sun dip in order to beat Darkseid.

Galan007
Originally posted by Hannibal-Lector
And that being after being several yeaars under a red star Funny thing about that is,
Prior to the last issue -- Emo had been sitting on the moon, , pretty much the entire time since his release...

So how his power declined that rapidly, is laughable.

Hannibal-Lector
Funny thing about that is,
Prior to the last issue -- Emo had been sitting on the moon, , pretty much the entire time since his release...

So how his power declined that rapidly, is laughable.

How much time is elapsed during this

Galan007
How much time is elapsed during this Not sure exactly...

Days? Weeks?

Hannibal-Lector
It seemed like he hadnt expirenced one sun rise yet canon wise.

i dont think it was days much less weeks... maybe a few hours, he wouldnt sit on a moon waiting, it may seem drawn out in the comic but seperate events arent necessarily happening at the same time in comics

Galan007
It seemed like he hadnt expirenced one sun rise yet canon wise.Definitely not the case:

http://img222.imageshack.us/img222/9344/sbp1ku6.th.jpg

i dont think it was days much less weeks... maybe a few hours, he wouldnt sit on a moon waiting, it may seem drawn out in the comic but seperate events arent necessarily happening at the same time in comics A few days minimum, I'd wager.

WalkingPuberty
IS THERE A SPIDERMAN PRIME, LOLZ smile

Kurash
Originally posted by WalkingPuberty
IS THERE A SPIDERMAN PRIME, LOLZ smile

dur

Mr. Slippyfist
Bumps.

Gecko4lif
current loses

countdown.. i dunno

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.