Dante v.s. Samus Aran

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Sol Valentine
http://i218.photobucket.com/albums/cc227/Ryo-7/DevilMayCry.jpg

v.s.

http://i223.photobucket.com/albums/dd156/zenitram621/untitled.jpg

Who wins?

grey fox
Dante.

ESB -1138
Dante uses Spadra and kills Samus. Hypermode is nothing compared to Spadra.

Charlotte DeBel
Dante wins.

Burning thought
mismatch sol lol

dante

Keollyn
Since no limit on Samus has been made, I'm assuming current.

That's Omega suit Samus with diffusion missiles coupled with power bombs with no delay.

Utter stomp in her favor.

ESB -1138
Dante freezes time. Samus has nothing to counter that.

Keollyn
Waiting it out is what she has. Omega suit isn't been broken through.

And the bad thing for Dante is he doesn't have "holographic cannon" cutting feats (and even that isn't breaking through Omega suit)

ESB -1138
Originally posted by Keollyn
Waiting it out is what she has. Omega suit isn't been broken through.

And the bad thing for Dante is he doesn't have "holographic cannon" cutting feats (and ven that is breaking through Omega suit)

No but he does have Spadra form.

Keollyn
Originally posted by ESB -1138
No but he does have Spadra form.

That doesn't tell me much.

Besides, he doesn't have Sparda sword in DMC2... the game he has time stop in.

Charlotte DeBel
He has time stop in all three games, darling.
In first it's dure to artefact called Bangle of Time (works just like Quicksilver style, but doesn't work on last bosses (i.e. Mundus or ultimate form of Nero Angelo).
In second it's artefact called Chronoheart
In third- Quicksilver style.

Charlotte DeBel
Also Super Sparda form from DMC2 is even more uber than Sparda form from DMC1 *and considered Dante's ultimate high demonic form*. Chronoheart+instant death blast of demonic energy=Samus is pwned.

Keollyn
I've not witness one instant where quicksilver stopped time. All it does is slow it down.

Slow =/= stop.

grey fox
I've not witness one instant where quicksilver stopped time. All it does is slow it down.

Slow =/= stop.

The cutscene itself ?

Keollyn
http://youtube.com/watch?v=CGPvuvLyDhA

Those rocks appear to be moving to me...

Then all the countless times I've used quicksilver in battle, I've never once stopped an opponent.

Hell, even Geryon didn't stop time, and he was the owner of it.

Then there's the added bonus of it being described in the game as "Time Lag"

Where is this picture being drawn?

But it's all moot because it's current Dante, and he has Chrono Heart. Still doesn't have the necessary output to harm Samus though.

Creshosk
http://youtube.com/watch?v=CGPvuvLyDhA

Those rocks appear to be moving to me...

Only when he moved them. otherwise there was no movement whatsoever when he stopped them.

Keollyn
Only when he moved them? He only moved one boulder. The other rocks were moving when he walked away, long before he turned off the effect.

Come on. Dante perceives bullets in slo-mo... do you really think rocks would move extremely fast to him IN slo-mo?

Creshosk
Only when he moved them? He only moved one boulder. The other rocks were moving when he walked away, long before he turned off the effect.The boulder ver his head that he poked and the other rock that he bumped with his thigh. Nothing else was moving until the effect turned off.

Come on. Dante perceives bullets in slo-mo... do you really think rocks would move extremely fast to him IN slo-mo? And what does this have to do with the fact that unless he physically made contact with a rock they didn't move?

Keollyn
Did you actually look at the scene?

He pushed the boulder up (not into any other rock), and then he pushed another out of his way (which again, never touched another rocK).

How does this stop the rocks no where near him from moving?

Simple advice: Look at the video. Don't guess.

Creshosk
Did you actually look at the scene?

He pushed the boulder up, and then he pushed another out of his way.

How does this stop the rocks no where near him from moving?

Simple advice: Look at the video. Don't guess. I'd tell you the same, only two rocks moved until the effect was turned off.

Look at the video. the only rocks that moved were ones he made physical contact with. Go look!

None of the others were moving at all until he was off screen. then the rest of them fell when the effect was turned off.

I don't know what video you're looking at, but your description doesn't match what you linked.

Don't tell me you're talking about the bullettime camera panning around him... roll eyes (sarcastic)

CGPvuvLyDhA

Keollyn
Originally posted by Creshosk

None of the others were moving at all until he was off screen. then the rest of them fell when the effect was turned off.

And therein lies the point.

Things don't move in time stop. I thought this was simple fictional understanding.

Creshosk
And therein lies the point.

Things don't move in time stop. I thought this was simple fictional understanding. And there was nothing moving during the time stop except for Dante.

He walks off screen and the things fall. but that's only because when he walked off screen the effect ended.

Obviously the time stop didn't effect dante or photonic particles. But the only rocks that moved during the time stop were the two that Dante himself moved.

Blax_Hydralisk
But the rocks were moving during the time stop. The surrounding rocks were moving, albeit very slowly. I can understand how if one didn't look closely it would appear as if they were standing still.

Keollyn
And there was nothing moving during the time stop except for Dante.

He walks off screen and the things fall. but that's only because when he walked off screen the effect ended.

Obviously the time stop didn't effect dante or photonic particles. But the only rocks that moved during the time stop were the two that Dante himself moved.

I'm afraid you're not looking at the rocks once Dante starts to walks away.

Alright, let me help you. Next time, I'll screenshot them since this isn't helping

Look at the left most rock when Dante brushes that one boulder away to leave. Check out its starting point. See how it's slowly descending? That's the effect of time stop?

To me, that's the effect of what the game calls it; Time Lag.

Originally posted by Blax_Hydralisk
But the rocks were moving during the time stop. The surrounding rocks were moving, albeit very slowly. I can understand how if one didn't look closely it would appear as if they were standing still.

And that's why i mentioned perception earlier. To Dante, rocks going in slow motion is going to look like rocks that have stopped (bullets seem slow to him. I've heard of no falling rock moving faster than sound)

Creshosk
I'm afraid you're not looking at the rocks once Dante starts to walks away. Yeah I am. You're obviously not.

Alright, let me help you. Next time, I'll screenshot them since this isn't helping Yeah.. you take a still frame picture of them.

Look at the left most rock when Dante brushing that one boulder away to leave. Check out its starting point. See how it's slowly descending? That's the effect of time stop?

To me, that's the effect of what the game calls it; Time Lag. Again, the rocks weren't moving. I'm not sure if its some sort of nervous eye condition you have that makes them appear to be moving .. but they aren't.

Seriously, just look at the video for once. As you obviously haven't.

Blax_Hydralisk

Seriously, just look at the video for once. As you obviously haven't.

I guess I'm not as well, then? I can see them moving very slowly.

Creshosk
I guess I'm not as well, then? I can see them moving very slowly. Sure we can go with that.

Blax_Hydralisk
Neg. Instead I think I'll just go with the "Appeal to majority" logical fallacy. That works more in my favor.

Keollyn
lol @ my photoshopping

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v493/Keollyn/Dante.jpg

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v493/Keollyn/Dante2.jpg

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v493/Keollyn/Dante3.jpg

A good image viewer would really make this a "slaps forehead" event

Creshosk
Neg. Instead I think I'll just go with the "Appeal to majority" logical fallacy. That works more in my favor. Do you even know what that means?

Ad populem means that the argument you're making is based on the premise that your argument is correct based on a larger number of people thinking its that way.

in essence that an opinion is correct because its popular or that the majority holds it to be true.

It's an invalid arguiment that's illogical.

Congratulations. You invalidated an argument by making it by naming the fallacy you were attempting to commit.

Creshosk
lol @ my photoshopping

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v493/Keollyn/Dante.jpg

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v493/Keollyn/Dante2.jpg

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v493/Keollyn/Dante3.jpg

A good image viewer would really make this a "slaps forehead" event So you photoshopped the images?

Wow, two people pointing out why their arguments are invlaid for me. This is getting to be quite the easy thing arguing against self defeating people.

Keollyn
The moment I placed those lines and that circle, the image was shopped.

Great way to avoid your inaccurate assessment. You could have just said you were wrong and be done with it.

Creshosk
The moment I placed those lines and that circle, the image was shopped.

Great way to avoid your inaccurate assessment. You could have just said you were wrong and be done with it.

Keollyn
Because lines showing where the rock is currently at, and a circle showing Dante (because clearly sight is heavily impaired for you) was enough reason to ignore the point I was making, and claim it invalid?

Nice fallacy you're working with. Might not want to preach to someone about fallacies, and then go around and use one.

Blax_Hydralisk
Congratulations. You invalidated an argument by making it by naming the fallacy you were attempting to commit.

Congratulations. You killed the whole joke no expression

DUH! That's why it's called a Logical fallacy.

The whole post was a sarcastic joke, a reply to your equally sarcastic post. I can't believe I have to explain this to you no expression

Burning thought
it slows time, doesnt seem to stop it ,at least DMC 3 version anyway, what the other ones do ime not so sure, havnt played the 2nd in ages and never got the trinket of time or whaetevr its called in first DMC

Keollyn
I think DMC2's Chrono Heart stops time. Though I've never witness this myself, but it's description was time stop.

Burning thought
why is there even an argument over it, about 4 DMC sources state its time lag, the name, describtion, the gameplay (okie 3)

1 source states otherwise

Blax_Hydralisk
Why does it even matter at all? Even if it's just time lag, Dante still most likely wins.

Keollyn
I dunno. Grasping at straws perhaps?

It's not like it matters anyway, because Dante doesn't even have quicksilver in DMC2. He still has a time stop amulet though.

Why does it even matter at all? Even if it's just time lag, Dante still most likely wins.

That's along with the fact that he hasn't shown the striking force to harm Samus?

Blax_Hydralisk
Slow down time so that to him she's moving at a crawling speed. Then when she fires her gun, grab her and move her in front of her own beam.

Creshosk
Because lines showing where the rock is currently at, and a circle showing Dante (because clearly sight is heavily impaired for you) was enough reason to ignore the point I was making, and claim it invalid? You photoshoped the image. Photoshopped images aren't valid as evidence.

no expression

Nice fallacy you're working with. Might not want to preach to someone about fallacies, and then go around and use one. Hello Mr. Pot.

Burning thought
Slow down time so that to him she's moving at a crawling speed. Then when she fires her gun, grab her and move her in front of her own beam.

thats actually an interesting choice to do

Blax_Hydralisk
Isn't it?

There's no way to counter this.. so I win super13

Keollyn

You forgot to add "strip her of her suit" wink

Samus getting hit by her beam with it on would do the equivalent of what the SA-X did to it.

Nothing.

Blax_Hydralisk
Well.. then.. erm..

shut up!

But seriously, why would herr people's blasts not do any damage to herself but enemy blasts would?? A missle certainly would.

And if not, he can kill her through concussive force, or knock her out. Samus' suit is susseptable(sp?) to concussive force.

Keollyn
Well.. then.. erm..

shut up!

But seriously, why would herr people's blasts not do any damage to herself but enemy blasts would?? A missle certainly would.

And if not, he can kill her through concussive force, or knock her out. Samus' suit is susseptable(sp?) to concussive force.

Why? Because she's gotten a stronger suit. At a certain point, people that could have hurt her, no longer can.

Then when she assimilated with the SA-X, that defense just went through the roof.

So a high level of concussive force is needed to do so. If it isn't, at the very least, on hyper beam level, it's doing squat.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.