Pirates of the Caribbean Online is now OFFICIALLY Open!

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Arachnid1
Yep. This games beta is done and the game is launched! Just wanted to tell you all.

If you want to make your own account, go to this site.
http://apps.pirates.go.com/pirates/v3/

Enjoy. smile

JCapt Jaeh_K.S
received an e-mail stating it's available and I could download it.. registered a few months.. maybe last year, I don't recall exactly.. but it stated I could download it! yay! I'm looking forward to downloading and playing!

Arachnid1
Originally posted by JCapt Jaeh_K.S
received an e-mail stating it's available and I could download it.. registered a few months.. maybe last year, I don't recall exactly.. but it stated I could download it! yay! I'm looking forward to downloading and playing!
I'm looking forward to playing the full version of the game. Played the beta and it was too cool!
http://img.qj.net/uploads/articles_module2/76265/Jolly_Roger_qjpreviewth.jpg

JCapt Jaeh_K.S
what's annoying is i never got down to actually downloading the beta because I have the slowest internet connection in the world.

but I would wait for this one.. although hopefully it doesn't take forever and eternity...

savvysparrowluv
AWESOME! I can't wait to try it out! Anybody know if it works on Macs?

Arachnid1
what's annoying is i never got down to actually downloading the beta because I have the slowest internet connection in the world.

but I would wait for this one.. although hopefully it doesn't take forever and eternity... lol. That bites. It didn't really take all that long for me to download it. I love my internet. big grin

Yes. They have a version made for Mac. It says so in the amail at the top of the page. big grin

savvysparrowluv
*slaps forehead*

Thanks..its still AM here and I'm groggy (at least that is my excuse for right now, lol)

JCapt Jaeh_K.S
I love your internet too. can I have it? stick out tongue just kidding. will probably convince parents to upgrade computer and get a faster internet connection. smile wish me luck on that, I guess!

Arachnid1
Originally posted by savvysparrowluv
*slaps forehead*

Thanks..its still AM here and I'm groggy (at least that is my excuse for right now, lol) Haha. I'm pretty messed up right now too, and I'm going to school in a few seconds. lol

Luck then. lol Also, nice siggy. That movie was awesome. big grin

JCapt Jaeh_K.S
Originally posted by Arachnid1

Luck then. lol Also, nice siggy. That movie was awesome. big grin

thanks to both. smile and yeah, the movie was AWEsome.. yes

Tramps Lady
with POTCO i got given founder-so no basic access:P..that saves me $120 a year:P

tee_pirategirl
Originally posted by Arachnid1

Yes. They have a version made for Mac. It says so in the amail at the top of the page. big grin
Oh yay! Can't wait to check it out. This will be awesome

Arachnid1
I enjoy the game. The cutscenes especially. The first person you see in the whole thing is Jack Sparrow. He's is just as cool as he was in the movies as in the game. I love it when I run into him. big grin

potcfan2003
My username is penguinluva34 if anyone tries to find me on it...

wat's ur usernames/

Tramps Lady
well, i only use the test server coz im a tester, and i get unlimited access on that, and have lvl 17, but if u on it; im "Elizabeth O'Scarlett"

potcfan2003
I'm waiting for it to load right now...

texgodiva2s
Okay, dinosaur here--what the heckydo are y'all talking about? Is this some place I can more immerse with pirates? Please say yes and tell me how to do this thing y'all all know about?

savvysparrowluv
I'm savvysparrowluv on there, my characters name is Josette DuPres wink I'll keep an eye out for you guys big grin

willofthewisp
Good character name.

savvysparrowluv
lol, what can I say? *points to self* Total Dark Shadows nut stick out tongue

Arachnid1
My character in the game is Jack Seahawk. It used to be Jack Seasparrow in the beta, but the took sparrow out as a last name... man I miss that name. sad

Oh well. Its still really fun. big grin

Arachnid1
So anybody play it yet?

Tramps Lady
yeah, played so many times, but i dont have unlimited on live servers, and my test server is stuffed up atm.

Arachnid1
Originally posted by Tramps Lady
yeah, played so many times, but i dont have unlimited on live servers, and my test server is stuffed up atm.

I don't have unlimited either, but I experienced it in Beta. Your not missing out on much.

Tramps Lady
yeah, i was in beta. it was fun as. i only got to be a testa in 2nd phase, but that was fine, i had fun, im, lvl17 now, and its cool as:P

Arachnid1
yeah, i was in beta. it was fun as. i only got to be a testa in 2nd phase, but that was fine, i had fun, im, lvl17 now, and its cool as:P
I haven't played much since the launch.

Your level 17? Woah. O_O I reached 16 once but that was in the first beta. I haven't really tried since.

Are you in any guilds?

Tramps Lady
i was, but my bro decided to play around and click the two buttons to make me exit it, and i was the leader, hmph

JCapt Jaeh_K.S
if you download and install it, does it come in a zip file or something?

I think I'm going to have to download it on another computer and copy/paste it in mine. think that'll work?

Tramps Lady
i dunno if that'll work, but its just as if u download a game off the internet or something

JCapt Jaeh_K.S
maybe it would work.. I mean, it worked on other games...

any other ideas?

Tramps Lady
i could always send it to u...maybe:P

savvysparrowluv
Level 17?!?!?! Whoa, that is awesome! I'm stuck at level 2 sad When I get to Barbossa's Grotto to shoot the monkey, it wants me to right-click, even though I installed the mac version *GRRRR* - Mac's don't all have right-clicks and mine certainly doesn't - any tips to get around this, mates?

Tramps Lady
well with me, if i stand still it would kindof autolock on the target.

only other way is get some1 whos installed the game(pc or mac) and get them to do that one quest for you, and obviously fi u dont trust them with ur p/w etc, either change it after, or dont give it to them big grin

sorry, only other way i could think of

potcfan2003
ANyone know how to shoot down a Navy ship? bc whenever I go to kill one, like 5 other ones come and get me first... I've already had to fix my ship like 5 times.... Until my dad thought I was going crazy, bc I was getting frustrated and yelling "stop blowing holes in my ship" at the computer...

Tramps Lady
lmao.

best to either ask people "need a gunner" and u can gun for them or ask "any1 need a crew?" and they will either say yes, or no.

but navys will shoot at you, eitcs will only shoot if u shoot them, and if you want to shoot a navy, others closeby do try and help the one ur shooting, also, depends on ur lvl and ship.

wat lvl r u, and wat ship do u have?

potcfan2003
I have the first ship u get, and I'm level 4. But this ship called the Phantom comes and shoots me too... Everyone hates me!!

Tramps Lady
lol, okay, first off, DO NOT(this is being said nicely) go shooting ships in that sloop. lol. best if your able to get a light galleon, which is only 300 gold, and if you want that gold, go kill some navy soldiers, and as a tip, dont go near any phantom ships, so stay near an inhabited area, where phantoms arent usually seen.

potcfan2003
But the only ship that it says I can get is the light sloop one... I don't have unlimited access tho, so that might be it...

Tramps Lady
oh yeah, that should be it, im pretty sure ur not able to have anyother ship,oh well, best find some1 who has unlimited and ask if u can go sinking with them(if they have a big ship):P

potcfan2003
ok... I've already exited out though, and I'm not waiting for it to load again... it takes forever...

JCapt Jaeh_K.S
I WANT THIS GAME!

how long do you guys think it would take to download it on a bloody dial-up computer?

JCapt Jaeh_K.S
i could always send it to u...maybe:P

lol, it would take far too long.. stick out tongue thanks for the offer anyway.. smile

JCapt Jaeh_K.S
LOL! sorry for the triple post, but nevermind! I have it on now and it was surprisingly quick lol...

Tramps Lady
okay, good. big grin

JCapt Jaeh_K.S
"Installing POTC online 1 of 2 (73% complete)"

I've been on for over an hour now! *sigh*

Tramps Lady
i know, it does that alot, ehen uve first started it'll take a while, then after each maintenence it'll do that, but it'll only take a max of around 5 mins

JCapt Jaeh_K.S
"Updating Pirates of the caribbean 2 of 5 7% complete"

can't take this, I think I'm gonna have to start it tomorrow or wait for it tomorrow. It's driving me insane!

Arachnid1
"Updating Pirates of the caribbean 2 of 5 7% complete"

can't take this, I think I'm gonna have to start it tomorrow or wait for it tomorrow. It's driving me insane!

laughing out loud

It usually only takes 30 minutes on the first try. lol

Don't worry. It doesn't do this every time. After this, it goes faster.

Tramps Lady
u could go do sumthin else or sumthinbig grin

Arachnid1
u could go do sumthin else or sumthinbig grin

Yes. Sumthin else or sumthin could be done while you wait. big grin

Tramps Lady
solitairebig grin lol

JCapt Jaeh_K.S
4 of 5 yay! lol.. that took kinda long.. almost on the whole day lol...

hopefully I could start on it soon! big grin

Tramps Lady
yeah, without unlimited tho, u dont get to play poker. hmph:P

JCapt Jaeh_K.S
...kinda expect yu have to pay for the unlimited one. how much? >.<

Tramps Lady
first month (well, i think it was for a limited time) its was $4.95 and then each month $9.95...thats more expensive here..more like $12 lol

JCapt Jaeh_K.S
that's REAL expensive! shock

oh well.. I think I'm better off waiting for the game to load...

Tramps Lady
lol

IheartPocky
So there's a free one and one you pay for? Hm.

I've played online games before. They are fun. In fact I'm about to play one right now.... yippeee

JCapt Jaeh_K.S
It'll take forever to load 4 f 5(until now, not yet done) I think I'm gonna go and finish it when I can...

^_^

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.