How does Darth Bane die?

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

inspirz
I did a search and could not find an answer to - How does Darth Bane die? And if he's so powerful how come he's never mentioned in any novel/movies coming back as a force ghost or something?

Darth Hord
Well a new book about him is coming out as a sequel to path of destruction so that might hold the answer to the question.

Darth Sexy
Originally posted by inspirz
I did a search and could not find an answer to - How does Darth Bane die? And if he's so powerful how come he's never mentioned in any novel/movies coming back as a force ghost or something?

Uh you didn't know? Darth Bane is the ancestor of Conner Mcleod of the Clan Mcleods. He is a highlander, and he cannot die.

Violent2Dope
Originally posted by Darth Sexy
Uh you didn't know? Darth Bane is the ancestor of Conner Mcleod of the Clan Mcleods. He is a highlander, and he cannot die. laughing out loud

Spartan ll
Uh you didn't know? Darth Bane is the ancestor of Conner Mcleod of the Clan Mcleods. He is a highlander, and he cannot die. "There can be only one!" Happy Dance

DARKLORDCAEDUS
Uh you didn't know? Darth Bane is the ancestor of Conner Mcleod of the Clan Mcleods. He is a highlander, and he cannot die.

laughing laughing

0°Mandalore°0
lol...

Yeah, we still don't know how he dies. We will know shortly, though, when the sequel comes out.

Thiru
How he dies? He screws his apprentice and gets HIV

Atticus
what a way to. go ****in a 12 year-old
thats how my grampa went....

Thiru
Originally posted by Atticus
what a way to. go ****in a 12 year-old
thats how my grampa went.... Hey... i didnt know that i'm sorry, i was just trying to joke

Atticus
so was I

nmensfinest
He cries to death after finding out that George Lucas didn't put him into his movies.

ihavenoname
Originally posted by nmensfinest
He cries to death after finding out that George Lucas didn't put him into his movies. laughing laughing laughing laughing LOL i bet thats also haw revan dies.

Stun
I think maybe Zannah will eventually kill him and take over - i think in that time period it was inevitable for the apprentice to kill their master then take on an apprentice - but what do i know? stick out tongue we'll have to wait and see

Captain REX
Not mentioned in the movies or appearing as a Force ghost because (gasp!) the Sith canonically, according to the movies, cannot make Force ghosts.

nmensfinest
How so? I never got that from the movies myelf.

((The_Anomaly))
Originally posted by Spartan ll
"There can be only one!" Happy Dance

laughing

Blax_Hydralisk
Originally posted by Captain REX
Not mentioned in the movies or appearing as a Force ghost because (gasp!) the Sith canonically, according to the movies, cannot make Force ghosts.

When was this stated?

Se7in
Originally posted by Blax_Hydralisk
When was this stated?

It's postulated from the fact that becoming a Force Ghost requires becoming a certain amount of inner peace and harmony in which only those on the Light Sided spectrum can accomplish.

It's also interesting that it doesn't require a life of light-sided alignment, as Sith such as Darth Vader and Ajunta Pall managed to become Force Ghosts without fulfilling such requirements.

ThoraxeRMG
Originally posted by Thiru
How he dies? He screws his apprentice and gets HIV

Hey!
I was gonna do the sexually transmitted joke! roll eyes (sarcastic)

kamhal
I have been thinking on this. It is possible that bane was killed by yoda. After all, yoda only turned a jedi master with more then 100 years and if I am not very wrong he said to Luke that he has been training padawans for more then 900 years, so he could have been almost 1000 (I am assuming that he only began training padawans massively after became a jedi master). So, i think it's possible that a jedi knight yoda could have killed bane, thus thinking that bane would be the last sith and still acknowledge the rule of the 2 from Bane himself.

Thoughts?

gertdoggy
Yoda was 896 years old when he died. He could not have been the one to take Bane down.

truejedi
Yeah, there would still be a 900 year difference there. Zannah will probably kill him. Is there a 3rd Bane book planned? (poor people at the beginning of this thread though ROT would solve the questions)

Hewhoknowsall
How did Yoda know about the RoT in TPM? I thought that Bane kept it a secret, which is how his order survived...

mattatom
Originally posted by truejedi
Yeah, there would still be a 900 year difference there. Zannah will probably kill him. Is there a 3rd Bane book planned? (poor people at the beginning of this thread though ROT would solve the questions) Yes Darth Bane Dynasty of Evil due out in Hardback in November.

Wolverine2179
I get the feeling zannah kills him when bane is not at his peak and at his weakest.

Dr McBeefington
This is a retarded question. Bane dies the only conceivable death..Killed by his apprentice.

~:Mr.Anderson:~
i think he should be the first to meet an animal that sucks your dick off.

Ms.Marvel
nebaris?

Wolverine2179
Nah

Count Makashi
Originally posted by Wolverine2179
I get the feeling zannah kills him when bane is not at his peak and at his weakest.

You mean something like this.

Zannah waits until Bane is like in his 70s an flashes her boobs at him and then he dies of an heart attack.

Darth Subjekt
I hope it happens in a way that gets all the Bane fanboys off his dick once and for all and shows that he's not the Uber God that people think he is. Then, only then, will Nebaris be so depressed that he finally slits his own wrists in the tub while he burns the book as an article of blasphemy.

KingD19
He dies horribly, as the Sith'ari should.

Darth Subjekt
Do we know he's the actual Sith'ari?

Hewhoknowsall
Darth Bane finds a way to preserve himself AND reverse his age. So Darth Sidious is really Darth Bane smile

Or he engages Zannah in a duel. Zannah waves her hand, and he dies.

KingD19

Darth Subjekt
Wasn't disputing. Just asking. Last I heard, a strong case was being made for both Sidious and Vader. That's all.

KingD19
I wasn't arguing with you, I was just showing you the proof that he was.

D-FENS
Originally posted by ~:Mr.Anderson:~
i think he should be the first to meet an animal that sucks your dick off.

Originally posted by Ms.Marvel
nebaris?

Originally posted by Wolverine2179
Nah

laughing out loud

Wolverine2179
If zannah actually kills bane in combat there will be MORE fanfags coming out of the woodworks.

Darth Subjekt
Originally posted by KingD19
I wasn't arguing with you, I was just showing you the proof that he was. No, that's fine. Just letting you know that I was doubting and that I was just curious.

Incanus
I doubt that Zannah kills him in a straight fight, as Bane keeps getting betetr with the force and saber, but after the duel with Hetton and the guards, he nearly killed Zannah while barely even trying.

REXXXX
I would be unhappy if Zannah took Bane in a straight fight; deception is the way of the Sith and is something that Zannah fully embraced in RoT.

mattatom
Originally posted by REXXXX
I would be unhappy if Zannah took Bane in a straight fight; deception is the way of the Sith and is something that Zannah fully embraced in RoT. Plagueis-Sidious situation perhaps?

Incanus
I dare say that would be a very good example

kotorfan
Zannah can't kill Bane yet, unless she becomes massively powerful in the 3rd book. In ROT, Bane pwned her easily, and almost killed her, even though she wasn't trying to kill Bane in the first place.

Zannah probably uses some arcane sith magic trick or something.

Incanus
No, because in ROT, "And if you try to use your sorcery on me, I will destory you."

I think t hat may be implying Bane has discovered how to avoid being affected by sith sorcery

Lord Lucien
Originally posted by Incanus
No, because in ROT, "And if you try to use your sorcery on me, I will destory you."

I think t hat may be implying Bane has discovered how to avoid being affected by sith sorcery Or setting us up for a really stupendous feat on Zannah's part.

Incanus
Truye, but I hope not frankly because of the fact that all Bane-Fanboyts would either be whining and crying or they would become Zannah fan-boys, a little prediction: "But Zannah killed Darth Bane with her ub4r sith sorcery and Bane was the msot powerful sith to ever exist but now Zannah is so she wins because she is the best"

scary, isnt it?

Lord Lucien
Not nearly as scary as you're... nah forget it.

Mr Omiverseria
Drew Karpyshyn knows how to tell a good story and naturally he understands that predictability in a story is not a good thing... so everyone in this thread is wrong.

Lord Lucien
Karpy can tell a decent story. I'll not rant again on how the Bane books were average, and average only.

Mr Omiverseria
By general standards? Perhaps but by SW standards they were incredible and the best example of storytelling in the mythos; better than both KotOR games and all six of the movies.

Lord Lucien
Originally posted by Mr Omiverseria
By general standards? Perhaps but by SW standards they were incredible and the best example of storytelling in the mythos; better than both KotOR games and all six of the movies. Cloak of Deception and the Revenge of the Sith novelization leave the Bane novels in the dust. From a purely story-telling viewpoint, I favour KotoR simply for it's depth (it's a video-game, it has that luxury). But from a literary perspective, Luceno's CoD stands above the rest IMO. Not one bit of awkward colloquialism, no forced descriptions, no cliches, no... un-detailed stories. And yes, Karpyshyn had all of those at one point. I cringed when Kaan and the Brotherhood starting speaking militarily, talking about needing armies and Sith Lords in a style reminiscent of a computer game. Then there was the completely random use of big words like "horripilation" and "defenestration". I wouldn't usually knock use of such words, but they stood in stark contrast to the rest of the novel's otherwise average vocabulary--made it feel like Karpyshyn felt that they'd sound good. And when the reader can recognize such an effort on the author's part, the effect is ruined.

Damn it, I ranted.

Mr Omiverseria
In terms of the writing and perhaps even the dialogue I can agree with you but in terms of storytelling PoD is second to none.

And I'm not sure I'd go so far to say that KotOR had any real depth to it. While I do like to ***** about it and WRPGS in general I will say that when I did play it, I didn't hate it. I actually found it slightly enjoyable. But it had nothing to do with any real excellence on its part or an especially deep storyline (but the fact that I was more easily pleased back then, not so thoroughly exposed to the JRPG genre and truly great video game storytelling, and still relatively interested in the Star Wars mythos). In terms of characterisation and the depth of the storyline KotOR doesn't come close imo. KotOR 2 does, but not KotOR.

Darth Truculent
Bane wasn't the most powerful Sith. He ranks in the top 5 easily. It can be argued that Caedus was more powerful. Sidious was far more powerful and that was by miles. Somehow Zannah is going to find a way to kill him - murder him in his sleep possibly?

Lord Lucien
Originally posted by Mr Omiverseria
In terms of the writing and perhaps even the dialogue I can agree with you but in terms of storytelling PoD is second to none.

And I'm not sure I'd go so far to say that KotOR had any real depth to it. While I do like to ***** about it and WRPGS in general I will say that when I did play it, I didn't hate it. I actually found it slightly enjoyable. But it had nothing to do with any real excellence on its part or an especially deep storyline (but the fact that I was more easily pleased back then, not so thoroughly exposed to the JRPG genre and truly great video game storytelling, and still relatively interested in the Star Wars mythos). In terms of characterisation and the depth of the storyline KotOR doesn't come close imo. KotOR 2 does, but not KotOR. By depth I was referring to quantitative amount. Should have clarified. Unlike a movie or even a novel, you can fit so much more dialogue in a game, especially an RPG where half the entertainment is derived from inter-character banter. Too much narrative for me gets tiresome, and that was the major flaw I found in the RotS novel.

But yeah as for PoD: I just could not appreciate it for its story-telling abilities. I liked the story itself, thoroughly. The premise was great. It was the presentation that irked me. Karypyshyn should have wrote the plot and left the intricacies to someone more... experienced in the literary field.

DarthLazious
Bane will be killed off by Zannah in a duel near the end of the new Darth Bane novel.

Incanus
Originally posted by DarthLazious
Bane will be killed off by Zannah in a duel near the end of the new Darth Bane novel. Still higly doubted, Zannah was never a warrior, Bane even said so I THINK, but she is a sorceress and that is were her true abilities lie. Bane had been the combatic workhorse for them, hence why he fought 3 jedi master while she fought 2 knights. Then a knight went to fight Bane, and he still didnt die (albeit due to his orbalisks) thru his defensive skill for defending his face.

DarthAnt66
Bump.

JKBart
http://i.imgur.com/yLnDRBv.jpg

Aurbere
The Force washed over him in a wave, and a million possible futures flickered through his mind simultaneously. He saw variations of his own death played out over and over in every conceivable way, shape, and form.

--Star Wars: The Darth Bane Trilogy Collector's Edition

Revanchiste
Originally posted by inspirz
There is some theory about Zhanna hosting his spirit.... It is kinda interessting...

Stigma
Interesting thread.thumb up

However, the question should be: Why Darth Bane keeps dying over and over and over again.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.