Thanos vs. Superman:In a contest of strength

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Hazsekswthurmom
So whose really physically superior? I haven't seen to many strength feats of Thanos's to determine if he's truly stronger then top tier's as many claim. Is Superman really on par with him when it comes to brawn, or is this just a silly topic and it's common knowledge that Thanos>Superman based off on panel feats?

Hannibal-Lector
its kind of hte 2nd part of ur text, although superman has a larger list of feats in terms of lifting msasive objects, Thanos wins due to his handling of folks such as ss, thor /w power gem n wut not

Master-Borg
Superman is much, much stronger than Thanos.

Get back to me when Thanos can lift 65 QUINTILLION tons

Symmetric Chaos
Originally posted by Master-Borg
Superman is much, much stronger than Thanos.

Get back to me when Thanos can lift 65 QUINTILLION tons

*sigh*

Master-Borg
Originally posted by Symmetric Chaos
*sigh* what? am I wrong? please correct me if I am

Symmetric Chaos
what? am I wrong? please correct me if I am

That wasn't normal Superman.

Hazsekswthurmom
Originally posted by Hannibal-Lector
its kind of hte 2nd part of ur text, although superman has a larger list of feats in terms of lifting msasive objects, Thanos wins due to his handling of folks such as ss, thor /w power gem n wut not Well to be honest with you, beating the shit out of Ss isn't that impressive. Most of the forum agrees that Supes>Ss in strength. Plus Thanos was getting beat by pg Thor up until he used tech.

Master-Borg
Originally posted by Symmetric Chaos
That wasn't normal Superman. no, I know.

All Star Superman lifted 200 Quintillion tons with one hand...the scientists then observed that that was the max of the machine and it was 3 times more than what regular Superman lifted on the machine

200/3 = 65

so regular superman was capable of lifting 65 quintillion tons

Hazsekswthurmom
no, I know.

All Star Superman lifted 200 Quintillion tons with one hand...the scientists then observed that that was the max of the machine and it was 3 times more than what regular Superman lifted on the machine

200/3 = 65

so regular superman was capable of lifting 65 quintillion tons Actually 200/3=66.6....creepy

Hannibal-Lector
i aint gonna touch this with a 10 foot pole now.. im leavin

Bransolute
no, I know.

200/3 = 65

so regular superman was capable of lifting 65 quintillion tons Alternate reality?

Also, get back to me when DD lifts 1 ton. smile

Ouallada
i aint gonna touch this with a 10 foot pole now.. im leavin

I second that.

Good point.

Kid Kurdy
its kind of hte 2nd part of ur text, although superman has a larger list of feats in terms of lifting msasive objects, Thanos wins due to his handling of folks such as ss, thor /w power gem n wut not
What kind of answer is that ?

Superman has always been stronger than Thanos, end of story. Way stronger.

Really, there's not much to discuss here.

Badabing
Superman is Darkseid's equal physically and Darkeseid>>>>>Thanos physically. 313

Master-Borg
Originally posted by Bransolute

Also, get back to me when DD lifts 1 ton. smile

DD as in Doomsday? the fact that he seemed to match Superman in strength seems to indicate he is about the same level.

has Thanos ever fought physically against someone as strong as Superman?

nvrbeenwthagirl
DD as in Doomsday? the fact that he seemed to match Superman in strength seems to indicate he is about the same level.

has Thanos ever fought physically against someone as strong as Superman?

Not just physically as strong, But As smart. cuZ I think PG drax is a good match. But he was a dimwit. Easily pwned.

Master-Borg
Originally posted by nvrbeenwthagirl
Not just physically as strong, But As smart. cuZ I think PG drax is a good match. But he was a dimwit. Easily pwned. was PG Drax ever capable of lifting close to 65 QUINTILLION tons?

lando005
not trying to get involved but i would say thanos is stronger than sups

nvrbeenwthagirl
was PG Drax ever capable of lifting close to 65 QUINTILLION tons?

PG drax could subconciously pull power, stamina, and durablity from The PG at a geometric rate. Well within his power to lift that. And keep going if pushed. He was just a dummy.

nvrbeenwthagirl
Originally posted by lando005
not trying to get involved but i would say thanos is stronger than sups

What strength feats do Thanos have that put him at Superman's lvl? knocking Thor out a couple of times? Standing up to certain people? could that not be due to his power, mind and durability? Superman is also stronger than thor. So exactly how does thanos get to be stronger than superman?

lando005
was PG Drax ever capable of lifting close to 65 QUINTILLION tons? wht the pg he could lift pretty much anything he wants

psycho gundam
cosmic powered individuals can usually imbue themselves with greater strength by drawing in ambient cosmic energy, which by the way is infinite. but thanos never, ever uses brutish strength to beat opponents because it simply is beneath/out of character. i have never seen thanos pick up anything over his head other than defeated hereos

lando005
Originally posted by psycho gundam
cosmic powered individuals can usually imbue themselves with greater strength by drawing in ambient cosmic energy, which by the way is infinite. but thanos never, ever uses brutish strength to beat opponents because it simply is beneath/out of character. i have never seen thanos pick up anything over his head other than defeated hereos but that's not to say that he couldnt physically man err titan handle some one

Kid Kurdy
Originally posted by psycho gundam
(...) but thanos never, ever uses brutish strength to beat opponents because it simply is beneath/out of character.
That's not true.

nvrbeenwthagirl
Originally posted by Kid Kurdy
That's not true.

Who has Thanos beat physically, with just brute strength on Superman's lvl?

Kid Kurdy
Thanos isn't scared of using those big, purple fists of him. Ask Surfer, or Champion, or Thing, or Thor, or others I forget.

The way psycho gundam was talking, seemed like Thanos never relies on brute strength. Which is wrong.

KK the Great
PG drax could subconciously pull power,

65 QUINTILLION TONS.

65 QUINTILLION TONS!

65 QUINTILLION TONS!!

65 QUINTILLION TONS!!!

65 QUINTILLION TONS!!!!

65 QUINTILLION TONS!!!!!

65 QUINTILLION TONS!!!!!1

Master-Borg
Originally posted by Kid Kurdy
Thanos isn't scared of using those big, purple fists of him. Ask Surfer, or Champion, or Thing, or Thor, or others I forget.

are any of those guys in the strength class of 65,000,000,000,000,000,000 tons (that's 65 quintillion) ?

cuz I know Thing is around 100 tons, and Thor is a bit higher

Kid Kurdy
are any of those guys in the strength class of 65,000,000,000,000,000,000 tons (that's 65 quintillion) ?

And you ask me this... why ?

nvrbeenwthagirl

Thing isn't quite 100 Tons. And Thor is far from a " bit" higher than Thing.

lando005

cuz I know Thing is around 100 tons, and Thor is a bit higher thing barely gets 100 tons and thor is far beyond that infact thor is about even with sups so are many other and some beyond him

Your Friend
I lol'd.

KK the Great

Superman would be considered Class 100 by Marvel handbook standards. Your method of comparing characters is incredibly simple-minded.

thanospimphand

pg drax and pg champion r far beyond that level

nvrbeenwthagirl
Originally posted by thanospimphand
pg drax and pg champion r far beyond that level

What are thier feats that put them FAR beyond that Lvl?

Bransolute

has Thanos ever fought physically against someone as strong as Superman? Well, that contradicts your earlier point...

Thanos killed Surfer... when "all of Hulk's strength" couldn't affect him...

Depends if Tyrant is as strong as Superman...

KK the Great
What are thier feats that put them FAR beyond that Lvl?

This one is fairly fitting, seeing as it happened in his fight with Thanos. The way Thanos won that battle was by tricking Champion into destroying the planet they were fighting on with a single blow. This left the flightless Champion stranded and allowed Thanos to take his gem.

Shin_Nikkolas
Not canon "New Earth" Superman.

So, not a feat for him.

Moving on....

Thanos beat Surfer to death with a few punches.

That alone puts him easily above Superman in strength.

nvrbeenwthagirl
Originally posted by Shin_Nikkolas
Not canon "New Earth" Superman.

So, not a feat for him.

Moving on....

Thanos beat Surfer to death with a few punches.

That alone puts him easily above Superman in strength.

Not really. Surfer can't beat Superman in hand to hand. And if Surfer fought Superman the way he does thanos, he'd get his ass handed to him as well.

Shin_Nikkolas
A. Surfer's durability has stood up to things far greater than Supes can physically dish out.

B. Surfer fights Thanos the way he fights most people. Energy blasts. OnlY Thanos is approximately 40 leagues above Surfer, Superman, any top tier and thus said approach won't workt eh way it does on other heroes or villains.

nvrbeenwthagirl
A. Surfer's durability has stood up to things far greater than Supes can physically dish out.

B. Surfer fights Thanos the way he fights most people. Energy blasts. OnlY Thanos is approximately 40 leagues above Surfer, Superman, any top tier and thus said approach won't workt eh way it does on other heroes or villains.

On no you don't really think this do you? You can't possible for real in honestly think either of these points are anywhere nearly correct.

bobbi
well the earth weighs around 6 x 10^24 tons which is 6,000,000 quintillion...thor lifted the midgar serpent which is at least comparable to the weight of the earth... so if you want to use that number of 60 quintillion as the max for superman you're free too....

KK the Great
Originally posted by bobbi
well the earth weighs around 6 x 10^24 tons which is 6,000,000 quintillion...thor lifted the midgar serpent which is at least comparable to the weight of the earth... so if you want to use that number of 60 quintillion as the max for superman you're free too....

As soon as you start bringing celestial feats into the mix, yeah, "quintillion" becomes an almost quaint number.

nvrbeenwthagirl

No. the midgard serpent didn't weigh nearly as much as the earth did. Thor also was on a ship which was pulling him along with the serpent. Feat invalid.

Bransolute
B. Surfer fights Thanos the way he fights most people. Energy blasts. OnlY Thanos is approximately 40 leagues above Surfer, Superman, any top tier and thus said approach won't workt eh way it does on other heroes or villains. I was just going to say the same thing...

He has even tried to use speed against Thanos... and got caught.

Bransolute
No. the midgard serpent didn't weigh nearly as much as the earth did. Thor also was on a ship which was pulling him along with the serpent. Feat invalid. laughing out loud

Although it never said how much the snake actually weighed (not that I saw anyway), the second part is ridicules.

Avlon
I was just going to say the same thing...

He has even tried to use speed against Thanos... and got caught.

He did? Is this when he flew directly at Thanos or was there another instance?

CaptainStoic
"well the earth weighs around 6 x 10^24 tons which is 6,000,000 quintillion...thor lifted the midgar serpent which is at least comparable to the weight of the earth... so if you want to use that number of 60 quintillion as the max for superman you're free too...."

Uhmmmm.... that makes Superman look pretty weak. You know what? I think the writers of comics need to be fired. Or how about just merging both Marvel and DC??? I wish they would, then we could see who the true heavy hitters are.

nvrbeenwthagirl
Originally posted by Avlon
He did? Is this when he flew directly at Thanos or was there another instance?

I sure as hell never saw Surfer try to use speed as an advantage against thanos.

Soljer
laughing out loud

Although it never said how much the snake actually weighed (not that I saw anyway), the second part is ridicules.

In the feat itself, the snake appeared to take up MUCH less volume, not to mention the fact that the Earth is much more dense than snake-flesh.

However; in 'myth,' the serpent weighed as much as the Earth, hence where that belief comes from.

Bransolute
He did? Is this when he flew directly at Thanos or was there another instance? The one where he got killed.
He flew at him shooting blasts, and then Thanos uppercut him (because Surfer can't affect him with blasts).

lando005
this is why they should curb comic strength feats to something a little more manageable heroes don't need planet moving feats to be impressive

Shin_Nikkolas
Nope. Norrin's taken worse physical punishment than any punch from normal Supes could come close to equaling.

And no, it's entirely correct. Surfer fails miserably against Thanos because Thanos is probably at least twice as powerful than any top tier. And that's a low estimate.

nvrbeenwthagirl
The one where he got killed.
He flew at him shooting blasts, and then Thanos uppercut him (because Surfer can't affect him with blasts).

And that was different from any of the other fights they have had where surfer fought like an idiot? i didn't see any creative use of speed.

Avlon
The one where he got killed.
He flew at him shooting blasts, and then Thanos uppercut him.

He flew directly at Thanos...and shot blasts at him... generic blasts that won't take out top tier bricks.

There wasn't any speedblitz there.

Symmetric Chaos
Originally posted by Soljer
In the feat itself, the snake appeared to take up MUCH less volume, not to mention the fact that the Earth is much more dense than snake-flesh.

However; in 'myth,' the serpent weighed as much as the Earth, hence where that belief comes from.

I don't recall anything like that in the myth. He encircled the world (completely underwater) and his only feats involved poison, flooding the planet and weighing substantially more than a cat.

nvrbeenwthagirl
Nope. Norrin's taken worse physical punishment than any punch from normal Supes could come close to equaling.

And no, it's entirely correct. Surfer fails miserably against Thanos because Thanos is probably at least twice as powerful than any top tier. And that's a low estimate.

Surfer has beaten foes far beyond thanos. Surfer jobbers to Thanos. Surfer has also been harmed by lightning. Superman certainly can harm surfer. Superman can absorb all of the light of the anti sun. Surfer went mad from one lil star absorbtion. You see, if you look at them both, They really can beat the crap out of each other.

Soljer

Bransolute
He flew directly at Thanos...and shot blasts at him... generic blasts that won't take out top tier bricks.

There wasn't any speedblitz there. Surfer's full out blasts have shown that they can't hurt Thanos anyway...

That must be why Surfer has KO'ed Hulk... with less than the effort he put against Thanos...

I never said blitz, I said 'speed'. Trying to knock Thanos off balance with power and speed, is what it looked like.

Bransolute
Surfer has beaten foes far beyond thanos. Surfer jobbers to Thanos.
Which matters little when he can't beat Thanos. That's terrible logic as well.

No he doesn't job, he can't do anything to him in the first place.

Surfer has also been harmed by lightning. Superman certainly can harm surfer. Superman can absorb all of the light of the anti sun. Surfer went mad from one lil star absorbtion. You see, if you look at them both, They really can beat the crap out of each other. Surfer was harmed by lighting... when at the start of the comic, Surfer couldn't even walk, and Wonder Man beat up on him for like 10 pages, without KO'ing him... Pissed Wonder Man.
And in the time Surfer came back to fight, there is no way he can grow to full power.

You also forgot the time Surfer took a cosmic bolt from Korvac to no effect that would have destroyed a planet...

Surfer absorbed a bunch of energy from a red giant...
And absorbing anything is irrelevant right now...

Avlon
Surfer's full out blasts have shown that they can't hurt Thanos anyway...

That must be why Surfer has KO'ed Hulk... with less than the effort he put against Thanos...

I never said blitz, I said 'speed'. Trying to knock Thanos off balance with power and speed, is what it looked like.

When has SS done a "full out blast" on Thanos? How powerful was said blast.

And SS flew directly at Thanos..how fast, we don't know...but it wasn't fast enough apparently.

nvrbeenwthagirl
Which matters little when he can't beat Thanos. That's terrible logic as well.

No he doesn't job, he can't do anything to him in the first place.

Surfer was harmed by lighting... when at the start of the comic, Surfer couldn't even walk, and Wonder Man beat up on him for like 10 pages, without KO'ing him... Pissed Wonder Man.
And in the time Surfer came back to fight, there is no way he can grow to full power.

You also forgot the time Surfer took a cosmic bolt from Korvac to no effect that would have destroyed a planet...

Surfer absorbed a bunch of energy from a red giant...
And absorbing anything is irrelevant right now...
Superman has taken shots from the AM. From Parallax, ect. They can beat the crap out of each other.

Bransolute
When has SS done a "full out blast" on Thanos? How powerful was said blast.

And SS flew directly at Thanos..how fast, we don't know...but it wasn't fast enough apparently. The first time he met Thanos basically. Powerful enough for Thanos not to take notice, or even acknowledge it as a threat...
And it was Surfer's full concentrated blast, so it was more powerful than the ones where he holds back (ie, against heros and such), I guess if you want an explanation...

Apparently.

Superman has taken shots from the AM. From Parallax, ect. They can beat the crap out of each other. This isn't a durability contest.

You brought up a low showing for Surfer, so I brought up a cosmic heat volt from Kovac doing nothing, and also explained why the low showing happened.

nvrbeenwthagirl
The first time he met Thanos basically. Powerful enough for Thanos not to take notice, or even acknowledge it as a threat...

Apparently.

This isn't a durability contest.

You brought up a low showing for Surfer, so I brought up a cosmic heat volt from Kovac doing nothing, and also explained why the low showing happened. That was too low of a showing. I could see magneto or someone getting the better of surfer got a bit. but Storm? Never. Anyway, Superman's heat vision has deflected the omega beams power, and pwn despero in one shot. Im sure he can dmg the surfer and vice versa.

Bransolute
That was too low of a showing. I could see magneto or someone getting the better of surfer got a bit. but Storm? Never. Anyway, Superman's heat vision has deflected the omega beams power, and pwn despero in one shot. Im sure he can dmg the surfer and vice versa. If you actually read what I said (for once), you'd know why it happened...

Heat's not supposed to affect Surfer much (at normal power). That's why I brought up him taking a blast from Korvac to no effect.

---------------
Also... AM squashed Superman in that scene...What the f**k?
And Parallax one shotted him...

nvrbeenwthagirl
If you actually read what I said (for once), you'd know why it happened...

Heat's not supposed to affect Surfer much (at normal power). That's why I brought up him taking a blast from Korvac to no effect.

---------------
Also... AM squashed Superman in that scene...What the f**k?
And Parallax one shotted him...

Then clearly surfer jobbers to Thanos if He can take blast from Korvak at normal power. Which helps me prove my point.

bobbi
No. the midgard serpent didn't weigh nearly as much as the earth did. Thor also was on a ship which was pulling him along with the serpent. Feat invalid.

ok notice I said comparable not equal too.

http://i38.photobucket.com/albums/e101/Soujaboy/Thor%20Feats/midgardserpent1.jpg
http://i38.photobucket.com/albums/e101/Soujaboy/Thor%20Feats/midgardserpent2.jpg

I thank Larceny from the respect forum for posting this. Using the numbers given all we need is for the serpent to weigh 1/100,000th the weight of the earth. earths density is around 5,500kg/m^3, density of flesh of a magic serpent..we'll just assume the density of water which i think is fair for organic creatures so thats 1,000kg/m^3. so if we convert the serpent to the same density we're looking at a serpent 5.5x smaller. from the pic we can see the serpent is at least maybe 1/20 the size of the earth? I don't have the best estimating skills but lets even say 1/100th the size. we can all agree that it looks bigger than that. accounting for density it'll be around 1/550 the weight of the earth. which is still around 10,000 quintillion tons.

And this is a pretty conservative estimate from the picture..the moon should be around 1/50th the volume of the earth and the snake is obviously larger than that by a good amount.

and it was said before, the boat thing moving doesn't make much sense to me..

nvrbeenwthagirl
ok notice I said comparable not equal too.

http://i38.photobucket.com/albums/e101/Soujaboy/Thor%20Feats/midgardserpent1.jpg
http://i38.photobucket.com/albums/e101/Soujaboy/Thor%20Feats/midgardserpent2.jpg

I thank Larceny from the respect forum for posting this. Using the numbers given all we need is for the serpent to weigh 1/100,000th the weight of the earth. earths density is around 5,500kg/m^3, density of flesh of a magic serpent..we'll just assume the density of water which i think is fair for organic creatures so thats 1,000kg/m^3. so if we convert the serpent to the same density we're looking at a serpent 5.5x smaller. from the pic we can see the serpent is at least maybe 1/20 the size of the earth? I don't have the best estimating skills but lets even say 1/100th the size. we can all agree that it looks bigger than that. accounting for density it'll be around 1/550 the weight of the earth. which is still around 10,000 quintillion tons.

And this is a pretty conservative estimate from the picture..the moon should be around 1/50th the volume of the earth and the snake is obviously larger than that by a good amount.

and it was said before, the boat thing moving doesn't make much sense to me..

The point being, Superman has moved far larger. Hell ww has. And thor was being propelled by the boat away from the earth. Thus the snake was actually being moved by the boat. the string was held by thor and thor broke the snakes grip. to which, we do not know the pounds per square inch that the snake was exerting.

Bransolute
Then clearly surfer jobbers to Thanos if He can take blast from Korvak at normal power. Which helps me prove my point. The blast from Korvac was heat. Heat isn't supposed to affect Surfer much. Thanos doesn't throw heat...

Can you please comprehend anything I say? Please? smile

Avlon
The first time he met Thanos basically. Powerful enough for Thanos not to take notice, or even acknowledge it as a threat...
And it was Surfer's full concentrated blast, so it was more powerful than the ones where he holds back (ie, against heros and such), I guess if you want an explanation...

Apparently.

"Basically" at full power or was it a full power blast?

There are a few ways to spin this, but basically SS fights like a fool against Thanos.

nvrbeenwthagirl
The blast from Korvac was heat. Heat isn't supposed to affect Surfer much. Thanos doesn't throw heat...

Can you please comprehend anything I say? Please? smile

Heat doesn't affect surfer? How has he done against Firelord? After absorbing too much heat from a star? ect.

nvrbeenwthagirl

There are a few ways to spin this, but basically SS fights like a fool against Thanos. Everyone does. Except gamora.

Galvaclaw
It's worth noting it appears Morrison prefers the Traditional British method of numbers. That would make it 10^30 rather than the American 10^18. Which is about 100o times the weight of the sun.

Bransolute

There are a few ways to spin this, but basically SS fights like a fool against Thanos. "Basically", meaning it was the first time he met Thanos.
"The first time he met Thanos basically."

Surfer himself said he put all his power into the blasts.

What more can Surfer do then? Punch him? Turn him into pudding? Throw fecal matter at him?
No, Surfer can't do anything to Thanos, and even if he threw him in another dimension, it's not like Thanos can't teleport back.

I'm confused as to what Surfer is going to do to him... and why he jobs.
Even a full out blitz shouldn't anything to him... coming from Surfer.

Almost everything Surfer has done, Thanos has resisted something better.
Surfer has almost no options but to try and hit him with blasts, and mount an offense.

Heat doesn't affect surfer? How has he done against Firelord? After absorbing too much heat from a star? ect. I said 'much' (comprehension?).
Firelord was constantly outputting cosmic energy, and we know Firelord can destroy a planet easily with his heat. It was bugging Surfer, but it's not like he would have been destroyed.

That's an energy absorption feat, having almost nothing to do with resistance.

And before anyone brings up Torch... Torch has never hurt Surfer, only knocked him off his board, to my recollection.

Everyone does. Except gamora. So, we should take into account something that contradicts both Thanos's history, and Gamora's, and ignore everything else? Oh nvr, you are a slick dog, you are.

Anyway... continue twisting my points and ignoring everything. I'm done trying to debate with you. smile

Avlon
Everyone does. Except gamora.

Not just Gamora, Starfox as well...now THIS is using speed against Thanos.

http://img209.imageshack.us/img209/1300/thanosspeedblitzedsf8.th.jpghttp://img510.imageshack.us/img510/469/thanosspeedblitzed2lp3.th.jpghttp://img209.imageshack.us/img209/2856/thanosspeedblitzed3bk2.th.jpg

http://img122.imageshack.us/img122/4139/thanosspeedblitzed4im6.th.jpg

Bransolute
Not just Gamora, Starfox as well...now THIS is using speed against Thanos.

http://img209.imageshack.us/img209/1300/thanosspeedblitzedsf8.th.jpghttp://img510.imageshack.us/img510/469/thanosspeedblitzed2lp3.th.jpghttp://img209.imageshack.us/img209/2856/thanosspeedblitzed3bk2.th.jpg

http://img122.imageshack.us/img122/4139/thanosspeedblitzed4im6.th.jpg Clone. smile

Also, Thanos took him out in the next page.

Avlon
"Basically", meaning it was the first time he met Thanos.
"The first time he met Thanos basically."

Surfer himself said he put all his power into the blasts.

What more can Surfer do then? Punch him? Turn him into pudding? Throw fecal matter at him?
No, Surfer can't do anything to Thanos, and even if he threw him in another dimension, it's not like Thanos can't teleport back.

So Starfox is more powerful, and faster than Surfer.

Basically.

Like this? He was simply put in deep space and was stuck.

http://i4.photobucket.com/albums/y112/avalonofthewind/thanosfloat.jpg

He can try...not jobbing.

Avlon
Clone. smile

Also, Thanos took him out in the next page.

clone
n : a group of genetically identical cells or organisms derived
from a single cell or individual by some kind of asexual
reproduction.

clone n. 1. An exact duplicate: "Our product is a clone of their
product." Implies a legal reimplementation from documentation or by
reverse-engineering.

Bransolute
So Starfox is more powerful, and faster than Surfer.

Basically. Clone. smile

Like this? He was simply put in deep space and was stuck.

And years later, Thanos teleports... amazing.

It's called character development.

He can try...not jobbing. And yet, he can't affect him. smile

Avlon
Clone. smile

clone
reproduction.

reverse-engineering.

And years later, Thanos teleports... amazing.

It's called character development.

A lot of characters can teleport with tech. smile

And yet, he can't affect him. smile

Which means he isn't fighting to full potential...since you know...he tries to box Thanos out.

Bransolute
clone
reproduction.

reverse-engineering. And now back to comics...
Here's Thanos shows that his clones have ranged in power. smile
http://i118.photobucket.com/albums/o106/bigbran1/InfinityAbyss3of6-07.jpg

Avlon
And now back to comics...
Here's Thanos shows that his clones have ranged in power. smile
http://i118.photobucket.com/albums/o106/bigbran1/InfinityAbyss3of6-07.jpg

Great..now find one that states the same for what Starfox fought.

smile

Until then.

reverse-engineering.

Bransolute
A lot of characters can teleport with tech. smile Not to and from Death's realm...

Which means he isn't fighting to full potential...since you know...he tries to box Thanos out. What else is going to do then?
His full blasts have no effect on him... Thanos has a high tolerance to matter manipulation...

Avlon
Not to and from Death's realm...

Superman's punched his way out of that.

What else is going to do then?
His full blasts have no effect on him... Thanos has a high tolerance to matter manipulation...

Let's see...adamantium box. Disabling Thanos tech. Taking the fight out to space where Thanos can't fly. Black hole. Transmutation.

Bransolute
Great..now find one that states the same for what Starfox fought.

smile

Until then.

reverse-engineering. That's terrible logic...
I mean, if his clones range in power, then why should I have to prove he wasn't as powerful as Thanos?
Plus, besides IG5, Thanos doesn't get affected by class 10's, or whatever Starfox is...

But.
The one in Celestial Quest was a failure. smile
http://i118.photobucket.com/albums/o106/bigbran1/InfinityAbyss3of6-0708a.jpg

Avlon
That's terrible logic...
I mean, if his clones range in power, then why should I have to prove he wasn't as powerful as Thanos?
Plus, besides IG5, Thanos doesn't get affected by class 10's, or whatever Starfox is...

But.
The one in Celestial Quest was a failure. smile
http://i118.photobucket.com/albums/o106/bigbran1/InfinityAbyss3of6-0708a.jpg

That's terrible logic, because unless otherwise stated, a clone is:

reverse-engineering.

So far you have Kazar's.

bobbi
The point being, Superman has moved far larger. Hell ww has. And thor was being propelled by the boat away from the earth. Thus the snake was actually being moved by the boat. the string was held by thor and thor broke the snakes grip. to which, we do not know the pounds per square inch that the snake was exerting.

Oh yeah, I'm not arguing that superman hasn't moved larger. I was just responding to the peopling saying 65 QUINTILLION TONS! repeatedly. like its a big deal and that noone in marvel has come even close to that.

If u're on a moving car and u're carrying a weight it doesn't get any lighter when the car moves. Yeah thor isn't exactly moving the snake but he's in effect carrying it (aka dragging it). Since thor wasn't exactly bolted to the ship and the fishing pool thing wasn't exactly screwed to his arms he is supporting the snakes weight in his muscles, just like the string is supporting the snakes weight. The snakes squeezing would also add, like u said, an unknown amount of extra force.

It's a lifting/carrying/dragging (of course it's in space around the earth so u're dragging it into the "sky", aka lifting) feat not a flinging heavy snakes feat. (and I guess its a stronger than a giant snake feat. can't tell incredibly much from that though)

Bransolute
Superman's punched his way out of that.
Completely irrelevant... since we're talking about 'Surfer', and 'Thanos'.
And you were taking about Thanos not being able to teleport. smile

Let's see...adamantium box. Disabling Thanos tech. Taking the fight out to space where Thanos can't fly. Black hole. Transmutation. When has Surfer created adamantium?
What tech?
How Surfer takes it there is beyond me... unless he destroys a planet. And even then, Thanos can air walk, or levitate, or even call a rock to him, or unleash an omni-directional wave of energy at Surfer...
Thanos has gotten out of black holes, and he wasn't worried about one in Annihilation... also... teleporting.
Thanos has proven immune to transmutation...

smile

Juntai
Originally posted by Hazsekswthurmom
So whose really physically superior? I haven't seen to many strength feats of Thanos's to determine if he's truly stronger then top tier's as many claim. Is Superman really on par with him when it comes to brawn, or is this just a silly topic and it's common knowledge that Thanos>Superman based off on panel feats? Superman wins.

Shin_Nikkolas
So, now we're debating Thanos' legitimacy as >>>>>> Surfer?

Man, KMC really is a joke compared to HeroChat.

Bransolute
That's terrible logic, because unless otherwise stated, a clone is:

reverse-engineering.

So far you have Kazar's. You're using a dictionary definition to prove a point in how clones go in comics? What the f**k?
So, that must mean Hyperion, Sentry, Glads, and other Superman clones are as powerful as Superman. smile

The Thor fighting clone was also a higher model clone.

And so far, the only clones with actual power descriptions, are the ones in Abyss. And I've never seen a clone as powerful as the real deal... or Thanos. Using your logic, the clone Shulky beat up, was as powerful as the real Thanos since it never said anything about his power... no expression

Plus, I can just as easily call pis, if that's the way you want to play it.

Shin_Nikkolas
Clones = originals?

Clor and Thor is all I have to say.

Avlon
Completely irrelevant... since we're talking about 'Surfer', and 'Thanos'.
And you were taking about Thanos not being able to teleport. smile

And I still am... go back and reread. "a lot of characters can" "not out of death" "Superman punch..."

Shouldn't have responded if you wanted to keep it pure.
Either way...Thanos needs tech to do such a thing...and a lot of characters can teleport with tech.

CWhen has Surfer created adamantium?
What tech?
How Surfer takes it there is beyond me... unless he destroys a planet. And even then, Thanos can air walk, or levitate, or even call a rock to him, or unleash an omni-directional wave of energy at Surfer...
Thanos has gotten out of black holes, and he wasn't worried about one in Annihilation... also... teleporting.
Thanos has proven immune to transmutation...

smile

LOL@ airwalking in a fight. he'd be a sitting duck just liked against Runner.
Thanos wasn't near the black hole in annihilation...and he looked worse for wear against the black hole he was in.

Who's tried to transmute Thanos and failed?

Bransolute
Clones = originals?

Clor and Thor is all I have to say. Apparently...

Avlon
Apparently...

..Thor must be a cyborg since that's what Clor was.

Avlon
You're using a dictionary definition to prove a point in how clones go in comics? What the f**k?
So, that must mean Hyperion, Sentry, Glads, and other Superman clones are as powerful as Superman. smile

I wasn't aware that these guys were genetically equal and identical to Superman.

Damn, must have missed the purple mohawk in the latest Justice league issue.

Surfer and Eradicator must be clones!

Avlon
So, now we're debating Thanos' legitimacy as >>>>>> Surfer?

Man, KMC really is a joke compared to HeroChat.

So go to Herochat.

Because it's always good to stay and insult a place that you dislike rather than spend time at a spot that you enjoy.

Mindship
Would Superman do better than Thanos against Odin? My first reaction is to say no.

Bransolute
And I still am... go back and reread. "a lot of characters can" "not out of death" "Superman punch..."

Shouldn't have responded if you wanted to keep it pure.
Either way...Thanos needs tech to do such a thing...and a lot of characters can teleport with tech. However, you're talking about Thanos not being able to teleport. And you said a lot of characters can teleport with tech, and Thanos never used tech when he teleported from Death's realm. smile

Because, Surfer can apparently defeat Thanos by BFR. smile

LOL@ airwalking in a fight. he'd be a sitting duck just liked against Runner.
Thanos wasn't near the black hole in annihilation...and he looked worse for wear against the black hole he was in.

Who's tried to transmute Thanos and failed? That was back in like '90... he had to use his chair to fly and get around back then.
Runner is also more powerful and faster than Surfer without the Gem. He had the Gem.

And what about the current failure of Fallen One?

That's because the black hole closed on Thanos and his ship without warning; it swallowed it up in like a second... the one's Surfer used stayed open.

http://i118.photobucket.com/albums/o106/bigbran1/ThanosQuest1-10.jpg

Shin_Nikkolas
And WM Thor w/Power Gem.

fatgogeta
Superman is irrefutably, indubitably and undeniably physically far stronger than Thanos.

Ouallada
clone
reproduction.

reverse-engineering.

Strawman much?

Tell me, who exactly are clone troopers cloned from?

Was Dolly the sheep an exact replica in every single aspect?

You think Superman wins? Fine, but please. Save us the condescension.

Avlon
However, you're talking about Thanos not being able to teleport. And you said a lot of characters can teleport with tech, and Thanos never used tech when he teleported from Death's realm. smile

Because, Surfer can apparently defeat Thanos by BFR. smile

Which he's always needed tech for. Deep space port ftw.

That was back in like '90... he had to use his chair to fly and get around back then.
Runner is also more powerful and faster than Surfer without the Gem. He had the Gem.

And what about the current failure of Fallen One?

That's because the black hole closed on Thanos and his ship without warning; it swallowed it up in like a second... the one's Surfer used stayed open.

http://i118.photobucket.com/albums/o106/bigbran1/ThanosQuest1-10.jpg

Both Runner and Surfer are far faster than Thanos in space. Thanos is an intelligent brick, not a speedster.

Either way..the black hole put a hurting on him.

And I hope that scan is not your proof of transmutation....

Bransolute
I wasn't aware that these guys were genetically equal and identical to Superman.
I wasn't aware Thanos's clones were either...
Only their minds are supposed to... however, their physical powers differ.

Avlon
I wasn't aware Thanos's clones were either...
Only their minds are supposed to... however, their physical powers differ.

I have no problem with the clones that were specifically stated to be inferior...or were hybrids...however...if they weren't stated as so then a clone is:

reverse-engineering.

Bransolute
Which he's always needed tech for. Deep space port ftw. Not when he teleported out of Death's realm...
And since you like to bring up the clone... he teleported wherever he wanted at all times.

Plus, he teleported Champ with his finger, and can bring up teleporter gates. smile

Both Runner and Surfer are far faster than Thanos in space. Thanos is an intelligent brick, not a speedster.

Either way..the black hole put a hurting on him.

And I hope that scan is not your proof of transmutation....
And Runner's far faster than Surfer, in terms of battle speed anyway...
I never said Thanos was a speedster, just that Surfer can't affect him.

Plus, Thanos reacted to Fallen One...

Of course, of course...

Why can't it be?
Thanos couldn't be transmuted there, and he snapped back into his real form, and Surfer can't do the type of shit that happened there...

I have no problem with the clones that were specifically stated to be inferior...or were hybrids...however...if they weren't stated as so then a clone is:

reverse-engineering. So, you believe the clone that She-Hulk beat up was equal to Thanos?

Avlon
Not when he teleported out of Death's realm...
And since you like to bring up the clone... he teleported wherever he wanted at all times.

Plus, he teleported Champ with his finger, and can bring up teleporter gates. smile

Tech.

And Runner's far faster than Surfer, in terms of battle speed anyway...
I never said Thanos was a speedster, just that Surfer can't affect him.

Plus, Thanos reacted to Fallen One...

Of course, of course...

Speed makes a huge difference in battle...especially if your opponent can be taken out of his natural element. Fallen one did the same thing as surfer..ran right to Thanos.

Why can't it be?
Thanos couldn't be transmuted there, and he snapped back into his real form, and Surfer can't do the type of shit that happened there...

So, you believe the clone that She-Hulk beat up was equal to Thanos?

I've seen JLA'ers in pieces due to tech or where they were. Doesn't mean that they are immune to everything. The one time that transmutation was tried on Thanos...it killed him.

Bransolute
Speed makes a huge difference in battle...especially if your opponent can be taken out of his natural element. Fallen one did the same thing as surfer..ran right to Thanos.
The funny thing is... Runner ran in straight lines right at Thanos...
And he also got the element of surprise; something Surfer doesn't have in this fight.

Plus, again, Thanos still reacted to FO trying to blitz. And since it was a straight flight travel feat, he was faster than if he tried to cheapshot him, since he doesn't have to zag, and such. The result would have been the same... Fallen One getting squished against the shield, since the shield surrounds Thanos entirely. smile

So it's hardly relevant which direction he took.

In the end... Thanos still reacted to it. smile

I've seen JLA'ers in pieces due to tech or where they were. Doesn't mean that they are immune to everything. The one time that transmutation was tried on Thanos...it killed him. Thanos was turned into a bunch of different things there as well... if you hadn't noticed.

The funny thing is:
http://i118.photobucket.com/albums/o106/bigbran1/ThanosQuest1.jpg

And Warlock killed Thanos in his past incarnation... so...smile

---
I got a headache from trying to argue this, so I'll be back tomorrow.

quanchi112
Well to be honest with you, beating the shit out of Ss isn't that impressive. Most of the forum agrees that Supes>Ss in strength. Plus Thanos was getting beat by pg Thor up until he used tech. Thor with the power gem and that madness in his head would utterly crush superman. So again you have no point. Thanos hung with him while Superman gets demolished by Cyborg. I mean come on here.

Thor with power gem>Cyborg with his rings.

quanchi112
Originally posted by Badabing
Superman is Darkseid's equal physically and Darkeseid>>>>>Thanos physically. 313 Are you kidding me? Who in here thinks for a moment that Darkseid is greater than Thanos physically. Not even close. Thanos is above them both.

quanchi112
Not really. Surfer can't beat Superman in hand to hand. And if Surfer fought Superman the way he does thanos, he'd get his ass handed to him as well. Thanos is more than Superman. Surfer doesnt fight him stupid your just pissed that Thanos treats him like a ***** while Darkseid has just recently deemed Superman his peer. Great times to be a fan of comics.

The Great Galen
^ Since when can Thanos throw a galaxy worth of planets effortlessly, Thanos is a ***** by comparison. Didn't Thanos get hia ass raped by drax (silver bullet or not, he still lost real bad) and didn't he even say he was afraid to fight Hulk....oh and its Supes>>>>>>>>>>>Hulk by the way.

quanchi112
And that was different from any of the other fights they have had where surfer fought like an idiot? i didn't see any creative use of speed. Heres some moe of your excuses. When the character you want to win doesnt you say they fought like an idiot. Case in point when Superman hangs with Darkseid you say Darkseid fought like an idiot. When Thanos spanks the Surfer you say Norrin fought like an imbecile. The point is dear boy Thanos doesnt fight like an idiot....ever. He just dominates characters. Big difference and that Ds has setbacks against a brawling type of fight while Thanos shines in those types of situations.

Hazsekswthurmom
Originally posted by quanchi112
Thor with the power gem and that madness in his head would utterly crush superman. So again you have no point. Thanos hung with him while Superman gets demolished by Cyborg. I mean come on here.

Thor with power gem>Cyborg with his rings. If Thanos actually defeated pg Thor(without tech), then it would be relevent....but he didn't....so it's irrelevent. And if your gonna use abc logic like that, then Supes survived a galaxy destroying blast. And I'm going to assume that Thor with pg<Galaxy destroying blast.

And we never knew how much power he was tapping, when he fought Thanos so...it's irrelevent.

And I'm not sure about pg Thor being superior to Cyborg. I'm going to have to check with a expert on that.

quanchi112
Originally posted by The Great Galen
^ Since when can Thanos throw a galaxy worth of planets effortlessly, Thanos is a ***** by comparison. Didn't Thanos get hia ass raped by drax (silver bullet or not, he still lost real bad) and didn't he even say he was afraid to fight Hulk....oh and its Supes>>>>>>>>>>>Hulk by the way. Wow are you all over the place here with what you are trying to say. This senseless attempt to demean Thanos makes me laugh.

Thanos was cheapshotted and lost to a character that had the power to kill Thanos while no other being could do that to him. He was made to kill Thanos. So its a special case scenario. He wasnt afraid of the Hulk but said if he didnt have to fight him why would he. No one here thinks hed lose to hulk. He whip his ass but Hulk is still a bruiser who can increase his own level of strength to insane levels according to the anger he is feeling at the time.

I hope I have cleared things up for you.

quanchi112
If Thanos actually defeated pg Thor(without tech), then it would be relevent....but he didn't....so it's irrelevent. And if your gonna use abc logic like that, then Supes survived a galaxy destroying blast. And I'm going to assume that Thor with pg<Galaxy destroying blast.

And we never knew how much power he was tapping, when he fought Thanos so...it's irrelevent.

And I'm not sure about pg Thor being superior to Cyborg. I'm going to have to check with a expert on that. Uhm read sinestro corps and see what Cyborg did to Superman here. The point is Thanos took on Thor while a team of badasses got thier asses kicked earlier which included dr. strange and the silver surfer plus others. That shows you how powerful Thor was. They teleported him to fight Thanos becuz thats how powerful Thanos is. He took on Thor by himself when a team of badasses couldnt.

Bad Ash231
Originally posted by Badabing
Superman is Darkseid's equal physically and Darkeseid>>>>>Thanos physically.

dur

quanchi112
Originally posted by fatgogeta
Superman is irrefutably, indubitably and undeniably physically far stronger than Thanos. I dont care if you think he is. In a fight Thanos is whipping his ass.

Hazsekswthurmom
Uhm read sinestro corps and see what Cyborg did to Superman here. The point is Thanos took on Thor while a team of badasses got thier asses kicked earlier which included dr. strange and the silver surfer plus others. That shows you how powerful Thor was. They teleported him to fight Thanos becuz thats how powerful Thanos is. He took on Thor by himself when a team of badasses couldnt. Yeah and when he stood up to Thor, I'm sure he did more than just punch him....cause you know, if he didn't then....your examples are irrelevent.

This is Thanos vs Superman in a contest of strength, not whose the most powerful overall. I agree that Thanos is more powerful than Supes, but I'm trying to find out if he has any strength feats that makes him stronger than Supes. And so far I've seen nothing to support such a claim.

And when did I say Cyborg didn't beat Superman?

quanchi112
Yeah and when he stood up to Thor, I'm sure he did more than just punch him....cause you know, if he didn't then....your examples are irrelevent.

This is Thanos vs Superman in a contest of strength, not whose the most powerful overall. I agree that Thanos is more powerful than Supes, but I'm trying to find out if he has any strength feats that makes him stronger than Supes. And so far I've seen nothing to support such a claim.

And when did I say Cyborg didn't beat Superman? Supes has so many damn feats and so many damn appearances. Id like to know how many total appearances Superman has total. Wow it must be astounding. Without energy blasts and just a brawl Thanos is winning ten of ten imo. Hes a maniac when it comes to brawling. Doesnt matter who can bench press more.

horrorwolf
LOL.

1. Thanos is stronger than Superman. Remember how long Kent could actually even hold up a fight against Thanos is also dependent on where they fight.

2. Thanos is far more durable....and can withstand far more physical damage.

3. Thanos is more cunning, and there probably isn't a larger meglomanic in all of comics. If there is any way for this freak to get something he wants, he usually will.

4. Thanos would really pwn Superman in endurance.

Thanos>>>>>Superman in strength, endurance, energy reserves, and intelligence so badly its no contest.

Hazsekswthurmom
Supes has so many damn feats and so many damn appearances. Id like to know how many total appearances Superman has total. Wow it must be astounding. Without energy blasts and just a brawl Thanos is winning ten of ten imo. Hes a maniac when it comes to brawling. Doesnt matter who can bench press more. Yes because it's been shown on panel that he can beat people who are physically weaker than Supes....thus your example is irrelevent. Even Supes has more showings and he's not consistent in all of them, atleast he's actually been shown to perform such feats.....unlike Thanos.

Hazsekswthurmom
Originally posted by horrorwolf
LOL.

1. Thanos is stronger than Superman. Remember how long Kent could actually even hold up a fight against Thanos is also dependent on where they fight.

2. Thanos is far more durable....and can withstand far more physical damage.

3. Thanos is more cunning, and there probably isn't a larger meglomanic in all of comics. If there is any way for this freak to get something he wants, he usually will.

4. Thanos would really pwn Superman in endurance.

Thanos>>>>>Superman in strength, endurance, energy reserves, and intelligence so badly its no contest. And where's the on panel feats? That's all I'm asking for.

Bransolute
Quan's going nuts... laughing out loud

horrorwolf
Not necessary, Thanos is generally considered as the most powerful of all cosmic eternals for a reason.

His strength levels are off the scale of metahumans, and his intellect is as well.He is a master of extremly powerful energy Blasts of cosmic intensity for unlimited/unknown amounts of time.
He can draw upon cosmic powerful to raise any of his defensive or offensive abilities, as well as detect absorb ANY sort of energies.

Thanos has taken on the likes of Tyrant and far more powerful cosmic entities. Check his respect thread if you don't know Thanos.

Clark Kent is an alien that grows immensely powerful in proximity to earths solar energies. Superman is insane powerwise, but regular Superman is no match for Thanos on any level.

Hazsekswthurmom
Not necessary, Thanos is generally considered as the most powerful of all cosmic eternals for a reason.

His strength levels are off the scale of metahumans, and his intellect is as well.He is a master of extremly powerful energy Blasts of cosmic intensity for unlimited/unknown amounts of time.
He can draw upon cosmic powerful to raise any of his defensive or offensive abilities, as well as detect absorb ANY sort of energies.

Thanos has taken on the likes of Tyrant and far more powerful cosmic entities. Check his respect thread if you don't know Thanos.

Clark Kent is an alien that grows immensely powerful in proximity to earths solar energies. Superman is insane powerwise, but regular Superman is no match for Thanos on any level. Umm...Ok. When it comes down to overall power Thanos>>Superman. He's simply to versatile for him to handle. But in a match between them, where they only have their brawn I'm trying to figure out who would come out on top. And I have yet to see him beating the shit out of a Superman level being with nothing but his strength. And when I'm talking about Superman level, I don't mean someone like Silver Surfer, who has no strength feats himself.

What would Thanos do to Supes if he only had access to his strength. Where's the ON PANEL feats? We've seen him stand up to powerful beings like pg Thor, but never have we seen him manhandle those said beings.

horrorwolf
Umm...Ok. When it comes down to overall power Thanos>>Superman. He's simply to versatile for him to handle. But in a match between them, where they only have their brawn I'm trying to figure out who would come out on top. And I have yet to see him beating the shit out of a Superman level being with nothing but his strength.

As mentioned, Thanos can boost his cosmic energies to his physical attributes all year long. Superman's stored earthly solar energies get pwned here....and endurance is a huge factor here.

There is no contest regarding the strength of a cosmic entity (especially one long considered most powerful) versus regular Superman. Thanos takes this all day.

quanchi112
Umm...Ok. When it comes down to overall power Thanos>>Superman. He's simply to versatile for him to handle. But in a match between them, where they only have their brawn I'm trying to figure out who would come out on top. And I have yet to see him beating the shit out of a Superman level being with nothing but his strength. And when I'm talking about Superman level, I don't mean someone like Silver Surfer, who has no strength feats himself.

What would Thanos do to Supes if he only had access to his strength. Where's the ON PANEL feats? We've seen him stand up to powerful beings like pg Thor, but never have we seen him manhandle those said beings. PG Thor would smoke Superman, Why do you keep bringing this up. He hung in there physically but Thor with the power gem meant he had infinite power backing him so hed keep coming for you no matter how much you drove him into the dirt. And my example of Cybor showd how with an amp that was far less dangerous and potent than the power gem pwned Supes. Thor with the power gem pwaned a team that would pwn Cyborg. See how I tie it together.

Ok heres also the difference with regards to these two fights. Supes got his ass kicked and needed help while Thanos fought him longer and was fine and ended it by himself and didnt need to be saved by anyone else.

quanchi112
Again I believe tha there is a hidden agenda here. Now that Darkseid has admitted that Superman is his rival lets try to prove that hes also a rival of Thanos when that just simply isnt the case.

Hazsekswthurmom
As mentioned, Thanos can boost his cosmic energies to his physical attributes all year long. Superman's stored earthly solar energies get pwned here....and endurance is a huge factor here.

There is no contest regarding the strength of a cosmic entity (especially one long considered most powerful) versus regular Superman. Thanos takes this all day. And exactly when did he display such abilities? I'm not looking for hyperbole that says "Thanos becomes this strong", I'm looking for ON PANEL feats that suggest he can do such a thing.

PG Thor would smoke Superman, Why do you keep bringing this up. He hung in there physically but Thor with the power gem meant he had infinite power backing him so hed keep coming for you no matter how much you drove him into the dirt. And my example of Cybor showd how with an amp that was far less dangerous and potent than the power gem pwned Supes. Thor with the power gem pwaned a team that would pwn Cyborg. See how I tie it together.

Ok heres also the difference with regards to these two fights. Supes got his ass kicked and needed help while Thanos fought him longer and was fine and ended it by himself and didnt need to be saved by anyone else. Again......Thanos is durable as hell and, standing up to a powerful being like pg Thor is great and all, but what does that have to do with physical strength? Like I said Thanos>Superman when comes down to overall power. If Thanos was manhandling him or something, then you would have a point....but he didn't. When has Thanos, or for the matter someone like Odin where shown to be able to move planets and such?

And just because you say that Thor is superior to Cyborg, doesn't make it true. Don't make me pull out Supes Dominous pwning feat, if you wanna use abc logic....

quanchi112
And exactly when did he display such abilities? I'm not looking for hyperbole that says "Thanos becomes this strong", I'm looking for ON PANEL feats that suggest he can do such a thing.

Again......Thanos is durable as hell and, standing up to a powerful being like pg Thor is great and all, but what does that have to do with physical strength? Like I said Thanos>Superman when comes down to overall power. If Thanos was manhandling him or something, then you would have a point....but he didn't. When has Thanos, or for the matter someone like Odin where shown to be able to move planets and such?

And just because you say that Thor is superior to Cyborg, doesn't make it true. Don't make me pull out Supes Dominous pwning feat, if you wanna use abc logic.... Why dooes he have to manhandle him? He hung in with him? Superman couldnt. See the difference.

Thanos is more than Superman in a brawl as well. He is above top tier. He doesnt have the shortcomings that Darkseid has. That is the only reason Darkseid loses to Superman is its becuz he isnt the fighter Thanos is.

tkitna
Supermans probably stronger if they were sitting around lifting weights.

Take the fight outback in the street and Thanos rapes him.

King Kandy
And when I'm talking about Superman level, I don't mean someone like Silver Surfer, who has no strength feats himself.
We know that with a slight Amp, he was so strong that the Thing broke his hand when he punched him.

Hazsekswthurmom
Why dooes he have to manhandle him? He hung in with him? Superman couldnt. See the difference. Superman has pwned Despero and Dominous with t-vo....and Thanos hanged with Thor, because he's that damn powerful. But does that mean Thanos could dominate a being like Superman in a match of strength?

I find it funny how you keep on saying this, and you have yet to prove it without the use of abc logic.

Hazsekswthurmom
Originally posted by King Kandy
We know that with a slight Amp, he was so strong that the Thing broke his hand when he punched him. Isn't Superman like more than a thousand times stronger, than the Thing?

quanchi112
Superman has pwned Despero and Dominous with t-vo....and Thanos hanged with Thor, because he's that damn powerful. But does that mean Thanos could dominate a being like Superman in a match of strength?

I find it funny how you keep on saying this, and you have yet to prove it without the use of abc logic. Becuz I have to use abc logic here cuz they are from two different universes. Thanos doesnt lose to beings on Supermans level. Sorry he doesnt. darkseid does but not Thanos.

King Kandy
Isn't the Thing like more than a thousand times weaker, than Supes?
Yeah. But the Thing knew that the amp was nothing compared to what Surfer could really do. Surfer didn't amp more, because his strength level would have been a threat to the continent.

Hazsekswthurmom
Becuz I have to use abc logic here cuz they are from two different universes. Thanos doesnt lose to beings on Supermans level. Sorry he doesnt. darkseid does but not Thanos. I recall you criticizing certain people for using abc logic, but when you use it it's perfectly logical? Where are the on panel strength feats? I dying to see them(if they exist).

quanchi112
I recall you criticizing certain people for using abc logic, but when you use it it's perfectly logical? Where are the on panel strength feats? I dying to see them(if they exist). I criticized someone for using abc logic when comparing Superman and Darkseid against another opponent. Why do that when they have fought each ohter. here we have to becuz they have never met and faced off.

Hazsekswthurmom
Originally posted by King Kandy
Yeah. But the Thing knew that the amp was nothing compared to what Surfer could really do. Surfer didn't amp more, because his strength level would have been a threat to the continent. Well I think it doesn't take much to replicate a feat such as that. And there's no telling what extent Ss can amp himself to.

King Kandy
Well I think it doesn't take much to replicate a feat such as that. And there's no telling what extent Ss can amp himself to.
Right. Surfer even said that his geography-Destroying level wasn't his full amp either. He could decimate the Earth with pure Strength in his Full-Amp.

So he's not exactly a weakling in his full strength.

Avlon
Thor with power gem>Cyborg with his rings.

Interestingly enough Thor was pwned by tech that fight.

Hazsekswthurmom
I criticized someone for using abc logic when comparing Superman and Darkseid against another opponent. Why do that when they have fought each ohter. here we have to becuz they have never met and faced off. And when that person used those examples to debunk Superman defeats, you countered it with some weak excuse. It's hypocrisy is what I call it. So what if Thanos can hold his own against powerful skyfathers and such. If he used more than his physical strength, then the example....is irrelevent.

quanchi112
Interestingly enough Thor was pwned by tech that fight. Yes Thanos tech. Cyborg was just plain kicking the shit out of Superman one on one. It was embarassing while you had Thanos hold his own against a more powerful opponent than Cyborg.

quanchi112
And when that person used those examples to debunk Superman defeats, you countered it with some weak excuse. It's hypocrisy is what I call it. So what if Thanos can hold his own against powerful skyfathers and such. If he used more than his physical strength, then the example....is irrelevent. No heres the difference. With regards to that debate he wanted to show me how powerful Superman can be but just write off his losses to Superman as pis. Cant have it both ways. If superman beats other powerful beings why arent they written off as pis as well. Didnt add up then and doesnt add up now.

Avlon
The funny thing is... Runner ran in straight lines right at Thanos...
And he also got the element of surprise; something Surfer doesn't have in this fight.

Plus, again, Thanos still reacted to FO trying to blitz. And since it was a straight flight travel feat, he was faster than if he tried to cheapshot him, since he doesn't have to zag, and such. The result would have been the same... Fallen One getting squished against the shield, since the shield surrounds Thanos entirely. smile

So it's hardly relevant which direction he took.

In the end... Thanos still reacted to it. smile

Except there is no word on how fast FO was going...
Runner was said to be moving fast...but he was also taunting Thanos...which gave him time to use his infinity gem to defeat him.
Starfox was playing it smart with the touch and go...and did far better than SS ever did against the titan.

TThanos was turned into a bunch of different things there as well... if you hadn't noticed.

The funny thing is:
http://i118.photobucket.com/albums/o106/bigbran1/ThanosQuest1.jpg

And Warlock killed Thanos in his past incarnation... so...smile

---
I got a headache from trying to argue this, so I'll be back tomorrow.

He went through differing realities in his chair. Not exactly the same as matter manip...however...when Warlock used actual matter manip..it worked just fine on Thanos. His upgrades never stated that it made him immune to something he was weak to.

quanchi112
Except there is no word on how fast FO was going...
Runner was said to be moving fast...but he was also taunting Thanos...which gave him time to use his infinity gem to defeat him.
Starfox was playing it smart with the touch and go...and did far better than SS ever did against the titan.

He went through differing realities in his chair. Not exactly the same as matter manip...however...when Warlock used actual matter manip..it worked just fine on Thanos. His upgrades never stated that it made him immune to something he was weak to. Why then did no one ever do that to Thanos again. Also it was warlocks ghost.

Avlon
Yes Thanos tech. Cyborg was just plain kicking the shit out of Superman one on one. It was embarassing while you had Thanos hold his own against a more powerful opponent than Cyborg.

Except once again that Thor got pwned by tech...the very thing Borg could easily reproduce.

Borg>Thor.

Why then did no one ever do that to Thanos again. Also it was warlocks ghost.

Because killing Thanos over and over again wouldn't be fun?...

Hazsekswthurmom
No heres the difference. With regards to that debate he wanted to show me how powerful Superman can be but just write off his losses to Superman as pis. Cant have it both ways. If superman beats other powerful beings why arent they written off as pis as well. Didnt add up then and doesnt add up now. Well if that example was true, then that would mean Supes has shot at taking Thanos, even when he has access to his full powerset. Wouldn't Quan? The point of that example was to show why Ds losing to Superman, doesn't make Seid a mere herald leveler.

quanchi112
Except once again that Thor got pwned by tech...the very thing Borg could easily reproduce.

Borg>Thor. Leave the tech out of it for a moment. Thor with the power gem was a monster who would wreck Cyborg physically with his rings. Thanos hung with Thor while Superman couldnt hang with Cyborg physically. That to me is the difference.

<< THERE IS MORE FROM THIS THREAD HERE >>