Gorilla Grodd vs. Aquaman

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Faceman
Current versions of both characters. Fights in the Amazon jungle.....

CaptainStoic
Grodd would have a huge advantage in this scenario.

Symmetric Chaos
Originally posted by CaptainStoic
Grodd would have a huge advantage in this scenario.

Did Grodd ever live in a real jungle?

CaptainStoic
It really doesn't matter whether or not he lived in a real jungle, he has the tools to use the environment to his advantage. Plus anything Aquaman could do with his TP Grodd could also do.

DARKLORDCAEDUS
Grodd ftw

psycho gundam
lamest characters ever. i would not read this comic at gunpoint

BentonGrey
Physically, Grodd's no match for Arthur, and I think Grodd would have a very hard time taking him on telepathically. Grodd is a VERY powerful telepath, so I think he could do it, but I also think that Aquaman might be able to close in with him and take him out before it happens. Arthur is more than agile enough to keep up with Grodd in a jungle or anywhere else, plus he's WAY faster than him.

ragesRemorse
Aquaman finds a body of water and waits for Grodd's pride to engage aquaman in the water, but soon realizes he cant swim and drows.

CaptainStoic
It's kind of funny how they make characters so strong these days compared to the whelps that they used to be.

Lucid Lui
Current Aquaman (Aquanoob) has a tendency to get his his arse handed to him at this point. He really hasn't shown enough to warrant a win over Grodd, who can be extremely formidable.

Old school Aquaman wins, though.

King_Mungi
Indeed, Aquateen hasn't really done anything of note worthy except take that bomb point blank with no damage. However, we have no idea if he can do what the original Aquaman could do

Faceman
Can someone tell me just how strong Grodd is ?

40 , 50 , 60 ton range ?

BentonGrey
Originally posted by CaptainStoic
It's kind of funny how they make characters so strong these days compared to the whelps that they used to be.

Actually, Arthur was pretty strong, even in the silver age. He has become stronger since then, but he was able to punch through solid steel, toss submarines around, and do other impressive strength feats. Check out the respect thread, and you'll see scans of these things.

Originally posted by Lucid Lui
Current Aquaman (Aquanoob) has a tendency to get his his arse handed to him at this point. He really hasn't shown enough to warrant a win over Grodd, who can be extremely formidable.

Old school Aquaman wins, though.

Good point Lui, I never even think of this new character as Aquaman, but the dictates of this particular contest are "current versions" and sadly, he counts as such. That being the case, he likely loses to Grodd.

As far as Grodd's strength class, well, I think he's only a regular Gorilla, physically. That would put him, say, a little below Spiderman?

HandOfFate
Originally posted by BentonGrey
As far as Grodd's strength class, well, I think he's only a regular Gorilla, physically. That would put him, say, a little below Spiderman?

I would say that Grodd is in the 50 ton range, seeing that he was able hold his own against Matrix-Supergirl.

This is a good fight, I can't really say who would win.

BentonGrey
Originally posted by HandOfFate
I would say that Grodd is in the 50 ton range, seeing that he was able hold his own against Matrix-Supergirl.

This is a good fight, I can't really say who would win.

You know, I haven't read anything with Grodd in it since the Silver Age, so I guess he must have been pumped up a bit. My real experience with Grodd is from JLU. I agree though, this would be a really good fight.

tjcoady
current Aquaman probably loses... about 7/10

Old school Aquaman? Demolishes Grodd. Grodd's only really dangerous when he has prep time or his enemy is unaware and he can blast 'em with the pyschic juju first.

Plus, Aquaman's a badass.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.