Sun Wukong Vs. Thor

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

King Kandy
Well I was just thinking about the chinese novel "Journey to the West" and how ungodly overpowered Sun Wukong/Monkey is in it. And I started wondering, just how powerful is he? How would he compare to comic characters?

TricksterPriest
He'd be high herald, maybe trans. He overthrew heaven and Buddha himself had to imprison him beneath 5 mountains with a seal.

King Kandy
His invulnerability is top notch, one of the finest.

But I want to here your opinion on the battle, not just his power level.

Bransolute
Somting Wong?

What?

TricksterPriest
I think Thor's screwed. Wukong beat down the entire heavenly army, and he is a genius at battlefield tactics. Coupled with his magic (including making armies of himself) and the 'As-you-will' Gold banded Cudgel, I don't think there's anything Thor can do to this guy.

King Kandy
Yes it's true Sun Wukong beat down the heavenly armies, but he also lost (Or Drawed) to Erlang Shen. And he can't fight well in water.

But he could probably beat Thor. So what comic Character would be a good match for Sun Wukong?

TricksterPriest
Drawing with Erlang isn't that bad. Erlang is the nephew of the Jade Emperor. And Erlang couldn't beat Sun Wukong. Lao Zi had to intervene in their fight. AND, that was before Wukong was cooked in the Eight Trigram Cauldron for 49 days.

King Kandy
Who says that Erlang couldn't beat Sun Wukong? He had him on the run the entire time, who knows how the fight would have gone without Laozi?

Anyway, the Eight Trigram furnace didn't do anything but give him Evil-Sensing Eyes.

So who do you think would give Wukong a fight?

And how would Thor do against say, Zu Baiji?

Creshosk
If anyone ever calls you uncultured Trick I'll point them to this thread.

King Kandy
Originally posted by Creshosk
If anyone ever calls you uncultured Trick I'll point them to this thread.
Lolz.

I'll dig out my copy of Monkey (Abridged) one of these days and find all of Monkey's best feats (Not who he beat, but more like how much he can lift sort of stuff.)

TricksterPriest
Originally posted by King Kandy
Who says that Erlang couldn't beat Sun Wukong? He had him on the run the entire time, who knows how the fight would have gone without Laozi?

Anyway, the Eight Trigram furnace didn't do anything but give him Evil-Sensing Eyes.

So who do you think would give Wukong a fight?

And how would Thor do against say, Zu Baiji?

The furnace also gave him the copper head, heart of gold, iron back, steel lungs, etc. So it had to have increased his durability.

I'm gonna get flak for this. But Thanos vs. Wukong would be a good fight from what I've seen.

Baiji would lose. Pigsy was tough, but the former marshall of the heavenly navy doesn't have the stamina or the skill to take Thor down.

Thanks Cresh. big grin

King Kandy
Originally posted by TricksterPriest
The furnace also gave him the copper head, heart of gold, iron back, steel lungs, etc. So it had to have increased his durability.

I'm gonna get flak for this. But Thanos vs. Wukong would be a good fight from what I've seen.

Baiji would lose. Pigsy was tough, but the former marshall of the heavenly navy doesn't have the stamina or the skill to take Thor down.

Thanks Cresh. big grin
If you can find me a quote from the book saying that his durability was increased by the Furnace, show me.

Okay. I'll make a Thanos Vs. Wukong thread.

What if Baiji fought Thor underwater?

TricksterPriest
Originally posted by King Kandy
If you can find me a quote from the book saying that his durability was increased by the Furnace, show me.

Okay. I'll make a Thanos Vs. Wukong thread.

What if Baiji fought Thor underwater?

It said he had the copper head, steel lungs, iron back, etc. That sounds like a durability upgrade. And even if that isn't, surviving that furnace is a major durability feat. Lao Zi used to use it for making his golden elixir pills.

How well does Thor fight underwater? That location could swing the match.

King Kandy
Um, the reason why he survived the Furnace was because he climbed into the "Wind" Trigram, or to where the fans were blowing (Depending on tranlation.)

It was NOT his durability that saved him. Laozi knew what he was talking about.

So what translation are you using? Because I don't remember anything about Iron Lungs, Steel Back etc...

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.