The fifth world?

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

quanchi112
What kinds of hopes do we have here for the fifth world? Who will be the one new god to survive the death of them all? Will some of the other new gods return after the fifth world is introduced?

Soljer
Wrong forum, friend. Try the Comic Books forum.

quanchi112
Originally posted by Soljer
Wrong forum, friend. Try the Comic Books forum. Yeah I know but this one gets more traffic. I remember nver has made some of these threads before and once when he was mad at me made a chimps vs retards thread to try and get me going.

laughing

Soljer
Just saying, don't be surprised if it gets closed...

quanchi112
Just saying, don't be surprised if it gets closed... Yeah i know. Do you have high hopes for the fifth world? I actually do hope Darkseid survives or comes back as he really is by far imo the coolest new god out there.

nvrbeenwthagirl
Originally posted by quanchi112
Yeah i know. Do you have high hopes for the fifth world? I actually do hope Darkseid survives or comes back as he really is by far imo the coolest new god out there.
nah.

Takion
Magnar
Highfather
Desaad
Metron
Orion

All are cooler or have the potential to be.

Soljer
I kinda like Orion a bit more, myself.

I'd like to see Death of the New Gods actually do the 'unthinkable' and have Orion live up to his hype and finally do in his dear old dad.

nvrbeenwthagirl
I summise that the source or it's child will kill all the new gods.

Bransolute
I hope Superboy (I mean Superman Prime) comes in and tears out Darkseid's out... and then eats it.

No, no... Black Adam... awesome!

fatgogeta
I hope that it will involve the Source ressurecting Jack Kirby and him proceeding to beat the shit out of dan didio's stupid, flabby body for having the stupidity and gall to tamper with the King's legacy.

quanchi112
Originally posted by nvrbeenwthagirl
nah.

Takion
Magnar
Highfather
Desaad
Metron
Orion

All are cooler or have the potential to be. Well its a matter of opinion but I see darkseid as the coolest by far and desaad to be the eternal sidekick so Im puzzled as to why you think hes so cool.

quanchi112
I kinda like Orion a bit more, myself.

I'd like to see Death of the New Gods actually do the 'unthinkable' and have Orion live up to his hype and finally do in his dear old dad. I think Orion will kill Darkseid as he should. But I hope Darkseid comes back somehow and then id like to see how he interacts with the fifth world baddie.

Soljer
I think Orion will kill Darkseid as he should. But I hope Darkseid comes back somehow and then id like to see how he interacts with the fifth world baddie.

It'd be pretty cool if Darkseid returned and became more than just another Superman baddie.

But, it'd feel like a bit of a cop out if the "ONE SURVIVING NEW GOD!" explodes into a dozen because of resurrections or what not.

nvrbeenwthagirl
Well its a matter of opinion but I see darkseid as the coolest by far and desaad to be the eternal sidekick so Im puzzled as to why you think hes so cool.

Desaad is the one who found highfather's staff. He's the one who helped DS stop the god wave. he's purely evil. he tortured the shit out of wonder woman. He's the one who theorized that superman actually folds time and space to fly. He is purely evil and genius and at the same time, eternally loyal. He's powerful enough to impersonate DS and yet he serves. Ever calculating. He could have his own mini if someone knew how to write him.

As for the others, they just have so much potential as characters. Especially magnar. Being able to throw around the gravity of Billions of galaxies or what ever is rediculous powerful. Even takion talks of his power.

quanchi112
It'd be pretty cool if Darkseid returned and became more than just another Superman baddie.

But, it'd feel like a bit of a cop out if the "ONE SURVIVING NEW GOD!" explodes into a dozen because of resurrections or what not. Yes in a way but its really hard to keep really cool inventive characters dead for years. Darkseid has been to much of an impact player for to long to just die and never return. Im really interested to see the fifth world villain. It will be very hard to top Darkseid.

quanchi112
Desaad is the one who found highfather's staff. He's the one who helped DS stop the god wave. he's purely evil. he tortured the shit out of wonder woman. He's the one who theorized that superman actually folds time and space to fly. He is purely evil and genius and at the same time, eternally loyal. He's powerful enough to impersonate DS and yet he serves. Ever calculating. He could have his own mini if someone knew how to write him.

As for the others, they just have so much potential as characters. Especially magnar. Being able to throw around the gravity of Billions of galaxies or what ever is rediculous powerful. Even takion talks of his power. Yeah its your opinion that hes cool its just I cant see it at all but to each his own. I get tired of the hes purely evil bit myself and really liked when Thanos changed his tune and didnt want to kill everyone anymore.

kevdude
Who do you mean the Son of The Source?? The Word? or somebody else?

nvrbeenwthagirl
Yes in a way but its really hard to keep really cool inventive characters dead for years. Darkseid has been to much of an impact player for to long to just die and never return. Im really interested to see the fifth world villain. It will be very hard to top Darkseid.
The fifth world will feature remade new gods. I'm sure. DC has illuded. I believe the entire dc will go thru a major revamp after final crisis. new versions of characters with the same names.

nvrbeenwthagirl
Originally posted by kevdude
Who do you mean the Son of The Source?? The Word? or somebody else?

It's a secret DC wont' let out. It's the best I could come up with. It's the source or the son of the source. It's a big thing about who the source really is.

quanchi112
The fifth world will feature remade new gods. I'm sure. DC has illuded. I believe the entire dc will go thru a major revamp after final crisis. new versions of characters with the same names. Wait wait so the new gods will change but it technically will be the same gods? I hope this isnt the case and I hope the fifth world is totally different with maybe a few fourth worlders surviving or coming back.

nvrbeenwthagirl
Wait wait so the new gods will change but it technically be the same gods? I hope this isnt the case and I hope the fifth world is totally different with maybe a few fourth worlders surviving or coming back.
DC owns the names. And there are some good names. That is hint one that They will change but won't. And heroes die, legends are forever, is the 2nd hint that the powers and some characters may change, but the names wont.

quanchi112
DC owns the names. And there are some good names. That is hint one that They will change but won't. And heroes die, legends are forever, is the 2nd hint that the powers and some characters may change, but the names wont. This pisses me off. I want brand new NEW gods.

nvrbeenwthagirl
This pisses me off. I want brand new NEW gods.

well I don't. I want the old ones rewritten to be cool. Those costumes are God aweful.

kevdude
Well they'll prob give ppl a mix of both some new some old. Also didn't mxy say that him and darkseid somehow have there future joined together somehow?? Would it seem possible of the Fourth World and the 5th Dimension joining making the Fifth World?? Also Nvr so are you saying The Source or its son is killing the New Gods? Why would the Source do this?? I don't think this is whats going on, but nobody really knows yet...

KK the Great
I can't help but think this story will have no real ramifications whatsoever.

quanchi112
well I don't. I want the old ones rewritten to be cool. Those costumes are God aweful. No keep some around and have the next generation come in. The interaction of the fourth worlders and the fifth worlders could be really awesome.

nvrbeenwthagirl
Originally posted by kevdude
Well they'll prob give ppl a mix of both some new some old. Also didn't mxy say that him and darkseid somehow have there future joined together somehow?? Would it seem possible of the Fourth World and the 5th Dimension joining making the Fifth World?? Also Nvr so are you saying The Source or its son is killing the New Gods? Why would the Source do this?? I don't think this is whats going on, but nobody really knows yet...

There is something going on. I was reading a comic somewhere where mxy is literally snatched out of the 5th by an unseen force. can't remember which. I'll find it tho. So I'm figuring the son of the source has something to do with it. I'm sure the source or someone related to it, is killing the new Gods.

quanchi112
Nver name me your top three favorite new god characters in order?

nvrbeenwthagirl
Nver name me your top three favorite new god characters in order?
Takion
Metron
Infinity Man

quanchi112
Takion
Metron
Infinity Man You like them over Darkseid really?

nvrbeenwthagirl
You like them over Darkseid really?

Yes.

DS isn't my favorite Character. I don't even truly like him over Thanos. He used to be. He has been written to shit. Only right before his death do they give him his due. Shame DC, Shame.

quanchi112
Yes.

DS isn't my favorite Character. I don't even truly like him over Thanos. He used to be. He has been written to shit. Only right before his death do they give him his due. Shame DC, Shame. Well Darkseid is getting the respect he deserves right before his death. He'll be back if he dies. To me no one compares to Thanos but everyone knows that. But I do like Darkseid a lot. Hes very cool. I wish he got more physical with his opponents and thrashed them as opposed to just beating them with his powers all the time.

nvrbeenwthagirl
Well Darkseid is getting the respect he deserves right before his death. He'll be back if he dies. To me no one compares to Thanos but everyone knows that. But I do like Darkseid a lot. Hes very cool. I wish he got more physical with his opponents and thrashed them as opposed to just beating them with his powers all the time.

How would that go with his character? Not at all. He'd just be a dumb brute who had all these powers and chose to hand out hulk like whoopings. Doesn't even go with his mantra of sullying others by letting them do his dirty work to test them.

quanchi112
How would that go with his character? Not at all. He'd just be a dumb brute who had all these powers and chose to hand out hulk like whoopings. Doesn't even go with his mantra of sullying others by letting them do his dirty work to test them. Well he does have to physically engage opponents. Thanos doesnt do it if he doesnt have to but when he does it hes a friggin beast while dc makes Darkseid lose to Superman. Im not saying that Darkseid should look to fight characaters but he should really have showings where he manhandles top tiers like nothing like Thanos does when he has to.

nvrbeenwthagirl
Well he does have to physically engage opponents. Thanos doesnt do it if he doesnt have to but when he does it hes a friggin beast while dc makes Darkseid lose to Superman. Im not saying that Darkseid should look to fight characaters but he should really have showings where he manhandles top tiers like nothing like Thanos does when he has to.
Um. DS has bitched superman more times than the other way around. He's also bitched quite a few others as powerful as Superman or higher. And it's not in his nature. The two aren't comparable in character and should be compared as such. They operate on different principles. It's like trying to compare how the surfer operates to how Takion operates. Two different beings. Motives, ect.

DigiMark007
Yeah I know but this one gets more traffic.

no expression

Woot. Now let's all make comic threads in the OTF because it gets more hits.

The forum isn't your personal dumping hole. Follow the rules.

quanchi112
Um. DS has bitched superman more times than the other way around. He's also bitched quite a few others as powerful as Superman or higher. And it's not in his nature. The two aren't comparable in character and should be compared as such. They operate on different principles. It's like trying to compare how the surfer operates to how Takion operates. Two different beings. Motives, ect. Yes I know this but meh whatever. Thanos is just more physical than Darkseid. It is what it is.

King Kandy
DS needs to die. Seeing him be such a failure and getting knocked down stairs and the like, is just too painful.

nvrbeenwthagirl
Yes I know this but meh whatever. Thanos is just more physical than Darkseid. It is what it is.

And hulk is more physical than Thanos. Your point?

Martian_mind
My fave New God is Big Bear.....

nvrbeenwthagirl
Originally posted by King Kandy
DS needs to die. Seeing him be such a failure and getting knocked down stairs and the like, is just too painful.

dont' remember him getting knocked down anystairs. And I don't recall him being a failure, pwning Former wrath's of God and all.

quanchi112
DS needs to die. Seeing him be such a failure and getting knocked down stairs and the like, is just too painful. To me its just to much Darkseid. Its like freddy krueger when i watched parts 4-6. He got sillier and sillier and just chose to ignore it even though it happened. I focus on Darkseids cooler moments and not some of his jackass ones.

nvrbeenwthagirl
To me its just to much Darkseid. Its like freddy krueger when i watched parts 4-6. He got sillier and sillier and just chose to ignore it even though it happened. I focus on Darkseids cooler moments and not some of his jackass ones.

Yeahah Right.

quanchi112
Yeahah Right. Well when im debating against Darkseid Ill attack Darkseid for his low moments.

nvrbeenwthagirl
Well when im debating against Darkseid Ill attack Darkseid for his low moments.
I'm so glad he's perma repowered and upgraded then. means low moments don't count.

King Kandy
Darkseid has fallen so far, he's dug himself a character pit he can never get out of.

King Kandy
I'm so glad he's perma repowered and upgraded then. means low moments don't count.
Just wait, that upgrade will vanish soon, and he'll be losing to Raker with a shovel.

Martian_mind
Darkseid has fallen so far, he's dug himself a character pit he can never get out of.

Not when people have that attitude./..

nvrbeenwthagirl
Just wait, that upgrade will vanish soon, and he'll be losing to Raker with a shovel.

Not likely. As the New Gods will die while DS is at the height of his power. And will be reborn in the 5th world.

nvrbeenwthagirl
Originally posted by Martian_mind
Not when people have that attitude./..

And it only works on certain characters. becuz Galactus is a bigger fool, in every sense of the word, than DS ever was. Getting knocked around by the likes of the Thing. Even in hunger. WTF.

King Kandy
Yeah, complete with a Raker pwnable Darkseid who falls down stairs. But this one will lose to a batarang.

Martian_mind
It better be BB who lives.

Now THAT would be a good twist.

nvrbeenwthagirl
It better be BB who lives.

Now THAT would be a good twist.

BB? Big Barda?

Martian_mind
And it only works on certain characters. becuz Galactus is a bigger fool, in every sense of the word, than DS ever was. Getting knocked around by the likes of the Thing. Even in hunger. WTF.

Yeah,some characters are just unlucky.

Poor Jason Todd,he never got a chance to shine.....though he pwns now.

quanchi112
I'm so glad he's perma repowered and upgraded then. means low moments don't count. Only in your mind.

Martian_mind
BB? Big Barda?

Big Bear.

The greatest NG ever.

quanchi112
Just wait, that upgrade will vanish soon, and he'll be losing to Raker with a shovel. laughing

nvrbeenwthagirl
Only in your mind.
Nah. It's called post upgrade/repowered DS. You know like you guys like to use Post THOTU thanos. Or prehat thanos ect. DS has a perm repowerment AND a perm upgrade. Deal with it.

King Kandy
If Darkseid Survives, I bet he'll grow worse and worse and then be street level.

quanchi112
Nah. It's called post upgrade/repowered DS. You know like you guys like to use Post THOTU thanos. Or prehat thanos ect. DS has a perm repowerment AND a perm upgrade. Deal with it. Nah.

nvrbeenwthagirl
Big Bear.

The greatest NG ever.

OMG. I absolutely Hate the forever people. Thier costumes, powers, ect. The only thing cool about them is The infinity man. They should suffer horrible slow deaths.

quanchi112
If Darkseid Survives, I bet he'll grow worse and worse and then be street level. He did lose to some bums or street thugs once, so he has already been street level.

King Kandy
Nah. It's called post upgrade/repowered DS. You know like you guys like to use Post THOTU thanos. Or prehat thanos ect. DS has a perm repowerment AND a perm upgrade. Deal with it.
You have no idea that it will be permanent.

In a year or two he'll be losing to Superman again. Trust me.

nvrbeenwthagirl
Nah.

Which lends credance that you really dont' give a damn about fact, just your opinion. Fact is, before it's over, DS will be displayed as even more poweful than we've seen his new gods behaving.

quanchi112
Which lends credance that you really dont' give a damn about fact, just your opinion. Fact is, before it's over, DS will be displayed as even more poweful than we've seen his new gods behaving. No its just you exaggearte and want to count the ale and the portion he has a his normal powerset now.

King Kandy
He did lose to some bums or street thugs once, so he has already been street level.
Lol. And got a job at a fastfood restaurant.

It'll happen again, but he'll be fired.

Darkseid the hobo: His new miniseries.

nvrbeenwthagirl
No its just you exaggearte and want to count the ale and the portion he has a his normal powerset now.

Um. you mean like thanos using morgs power, and deaths upgrade as part of his normal power set now? The ****ing ale is knowlege. It's a permanant upgrade. it cannot be lost. It isn't a glove that can be taken, or an energy source to be used once in a plot device story.

King Kandy
Um. you mean like thanos using morgs power, and deaths upgrade as part of his normal power set now? The ****ing ale is knowlege. It's a permanant upgrade. it cannot be lost.
He'll have the knowledge drained, forget it, have the ALE changed, or some other BS. He won't keep it.

Martian_mind
OMG. I absolutely Hate the forever people. Thier costumes, powers, ect. The only thing cool about them is The infinity man. They should suffer horrible slow deaths.

Big Bear?horrible?

You sir,should be slapped.

You know what pissed me off?if you look at Big bear in #2 of DOTNG his picture caption can't be seen,so we don't know if he's missing or dead.

nvrbeenwthagirl
Big Bear?horrible?

You sir,should be slapped.

You know what pissed me off?if you look at Big bear in #2 of DOTNG his picture caption can't be seen,so we don't know if he's missing or dead.

none of the forever people are dead. they are being manipulated by the same dark force that is killing the other gods. And yes, Big Bear is such a lame name. OMG. All of them. Viking the blakk? WTF. The only one I liked a lil was beautiful dreamer. and her powers were always just meh to me. IM used them so much better.

quanchi112
Um. you mean like thanos using morgs power, and deaths upgrade as part of his normal power set now? The ****ing ale is knowlege. It's a permanant upgrade. it cannot be lost. It isn't a glove that can be taken, or an energy source to be used once in a plot device story. Didnt orion have a piece of the ale once? It was a story angle and was never touched on again for Orion so why would it be any different for Darkseid?

nvrbeenwthagirl
Didnt orion have a piece of the ale once? It was a story angle and was never touched on again for Orion so why would it be any different for Darkseid?
DS constantly uses his ALE. Mr. Miracle has a piece and it doesn't manifest unless he wills it so. LOL try harder next time.

quanchi112
He'll have the knowledge drained, forget it, have the ALE changed, or some other BS. He won't keep it. This sounds about right to me.

quanchi112
DS constantly uses his ALE. Mr. Miracle has a piece and it doesn't manifest unless he wills it so. LOL try harder next time. What about orion? Why didnt he use it again?

nvrbeenwthagirl
What about orion? Why didnt he use it again?

The same reason he didn't use the AF against Firestorm or kalibak.

nvrbeenwthagirl
This sounds about right to me.

ANd yet you really do like DS. LMAO.

quanchi112
ANd yet you really do like DS. LMAO. I do but he isnt going to be using the ale if he survives all this. You really think hell always have the ale in all his future stories. Be realistic once in a while.

Martian_mind
none of the forever people are dead. they are being manipulated by the same dark force that is killing the other gods. And yes, Big Bear is such a lame name. OMG. All of them. Viking the blakk? WTF. The only one I liked a lil was beautiful dreamer. and her powers were always just meh to me. IM used them so much better.

YEah,but i was pissed cause he was the one i cared about mnost being blocked....

Though Big Bear is an awesome name,if he easrned enough respect,i mean..

Desaad: Darkseid,New genesis have made their move,and sent theri most powerful warrior here!!

Darkseid:Let my son come..

Desaad:...No....Not Orion

Darkseid:Lightray?

Desaad:No my lord...BIG BEAR comes...

Darkseid:Oh Dear god no....

It can strike fear.

quanchi112
The same reason he didn't use the AF against Firestorm or kalibak. Becuz the ale is used to sell a story but not be permanently used by a new god. How unfair would that be and it would be hard to find ways for Darkseid to always lose with the ale. It would lessen the ale just like the oe over time.

nvrbeenwthagirl
I do but he isnt going to be using the ale if he survives all this. You really think hell always have the ale in all his future stories. Be realistic once in a while.
You be realistic. He's going to DIE at his current power lvls. It's what DC plans on doing with him. let it sink in. they want him to die at his most powerful.

nvrbeenwthagirl
YEah,but i was pissed cause he was the one i cared about mnost being blocked....

Though Big Bear is an awesome name,if he easrned enough respect,i mean..

Desaad: Darkseid,New genesis have made their move,and sent theri most powerful warrior here!!

Darkseid:Let my son come..

Desaad:...No....Not Orion

Darkseid:Lightray?

Desaad:No my lord...BIG BEAR comes...

Darkseid:Oh Dear god no....

It can strike fear.
Big Bear would be a cool name for like a native themed Hero. Or if he was the God that the natives worshipped many years ago. That would have been cool. And he could have like changed into other animals that the natives worshipped as well. But be insanely powerful in those forms.

quanchi112
You be realistic. He's going to DIE at his current power lvls. It's what DC plans on doing with him. let it sink in. they want him to die at his most powerful. Yes but if he comes back which he will he wont be using the ale. Hell be back at classic level where he should be.

Martian_mind
Big Bear would be a cool name for like a native themed Hero. Or if he was the God that the natives worshipped many years ago. That would have been cool. And he could have like changed into other animals that the natives worshipped as well. But be insanely powerful in those forms.

That would be good.

But still,i'm waiting for issue #6 where they reveal IM has corrupted the forever people and Has amped them up...just so i can see Big Bear bitchslap Orion.

It's nothing personal,it's just BB needs spotlight.

nvrbeenwthagirl
Yes but if he comes back which he will he wont be using the ale. Hell be back at classic level where he should be.

Classic Lvls are above the likes of the precrisis JLA with just a hologram.

nvrbeenwthagirl
That would be good.

But still,i'm waiting for issue #6 where they reveal IM has corrupted the forever people and Has amped them up...just so i can see Big Bear bitchslap Orion.

It's nothing personal,it's just BB needs spotlight.

They do need to be amped up. But really, IM uses thier powes. Just better than they do. And he is using big bears strength, with is far above Superman, DS, and Orion's in IM's hands.

quanchi112
Classic Lvls are above the likes of the precrisis JLA with just a hologram. No I mean his current classic levels. before the ale. Hell never be that powerful again.

Well I dont think he will be but i dont know what the future will bring.

nvrbeenwthagirl
No I mean his current classic levels. before the ale. Hell never be that powerful again.

Well I dont think he will be but i dont know what the future will bring.

you do realize, that there was such a huge out cry about how DS and the new gods were being portrayed, which is one reason they are revamping them? He won't ever be anywhere near the sillyness that the JLU cartoon brought him to be. Which is what they were hoping to do. Make him the personal nemesis of Superman much like the cartoon.

quanchi112
you do realize, that there was such a huge out cry about how DS and the new gods were being portrayed, which is one reason they are revamping them? He won't ever be anywhere near the sillyness that the JLU cartoon brought him to be. Which is what they were hoping to do. Make him the personal nemesis of Superman much like the cartoon. Good I dont want him to be a Superman villain. he should be much more than that.

nvrbeenwthagirl
Good I dont want him to be a Superman villain. he should be much more than that.

One can only guess what DC has in store after Final Countdown. It's starting to pull together and get my interest.

Martian_mind
They do need to be amped up. But really, IM uses thier powes. Just better than they do. And he is using big bears strength, with is far above Superman, DS, and Orion's in IM's hands.

Heh.

infinity man is such a pimp,and if my he's the killer theory is real...

Then god damn.....

quanchi112
One can only guess what DC has in store after Final Countdown. It's starting to pull together and get my interest. I have only read countodwn 51 -46 and death of new gods one. I will finish countdown sometime but really i cant wait to read the end of sinestro corps. So much shit to read. I am going to read some ww hulk tonight. I should be reading right now.

nvrbeenwthagirl
I have only read countodwn 51 -46 and death of new gods one. I will finish countdown sometime but really i cant wait to read the end of sinestro corps. So much shit to read. I am going to read some ww hulk tonight. I should be reading right now.

sinestro corps somehow ties into countdown.

Desaad
sinestro corps somehow ties into countdown.

Not directly, not it doesn't.

Its already, chronologically, way past Sinestro Corps as Kyle appears in his new duds.

nvrbeenwthagirl
Originally posted by Desaad
Not directly, not it doesn't.

Its already, chronologically, way past Sinestro Corps as Kyle appears in his new duds.

Some of the issues are a lil off. Like Superman batman. obviously takion has highfather's staff now as shown in DOTNG. But Desaad has it in the current SB.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.