Darkseid vs Onimar Synn

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Bransolute
Who wins?

They fight on Synn's planet (the name escapes me at the time).
No prep.

King_Mungi
It's Thanagar

And we really didn't see much from Synn, this is by far his best outing which is very very very impressive

http://i125.photobucket.com/albums/p68/DCHawks_photo/24-13.jpg
http://i125.photobucket.com/albums/p68/DCHawks_photo/24-14.jpg
http://i125.photobucket.com/albums/p68/DCHawks_photo/24-15.jpg
http://i125.photobucket.com/albums/p68/DCHawks_photo/24-16.jpg

Bransolute
Originally posted by King_Mungi
It's Thanagar

And we really didn't see much from Synn, this is by far his best outing which is very very very impressive

http://i125.photobucket.com/albums/p68/DCHawks_photo/24-13.jpg
http://i125.photobucket.com/albums/p68/DCHawks_photo/24-14.jpg
http://i125.photobucket.com/albums/p68/DCHawks_photo/24-15.jpg
http://i125.photobucket.com/albums/p68/DCHawks_photo/24-16.jpg That's it! I forgot tha damn name. Give me a break. stick out tongue

He also stomped BA pretty good after he grew big...
And has a healing factor as evidenced when he got his head punched off (big form).

King_Mungi
Indeed, all happens in the next issue and with his control over the nth metal, Synn has complete mastery over the 4 fundamentals of the universe

1. http://i125.photobucket.com/albums/p68/DCHawks_photo/JSA24-17.jpg

Bransolute
Indeed, all happens in the next issue and with his control over the nth metal, Synn has complete mastery over the 4 fundamentals of the universe

1. http://i125.photobucket.com/albums/p68/DCHawks_photo/JSA24-17.jpg However... it pissed me off with the massive plot device in which he was beaten (not the Rann-Thanagar War)... but 'teh kiss'.

I think he should be able to do some damage to DS... not sure the winner though.

King_Mungi
Originally posted by Bransolute
However... it pissed me off with the massive plot device in which he was beaten (not the Rann-Thanagar War)... but 'teh kiss'.

I think he should be able to do some damage to DS... not sure the winner though.

It was the Claw of Horus that defeated him, not the kiss silly wink

He definetly CAN do damage to DS, will it be enough to beat him? Not to sure, I doubt the nth metal could protect him from the omega beams and we know how well the zeta beams worked on Synn

UniOmni
Sym flicks him into the Source Wall.

quanchi112

1. http://i125.photobucket.com/albums/p68/DCHawks_photo/JSA24-17.jpg A Little shinnok actin eh? Wonder when the next mk game will come out and who will survive? Quanchi better be in it dammit.

King_Mungi
Well the thing with Synn is we have yet to see him fully unleashed as thus far he has toyed with his opponents.

Rann/Thanagar had him as beast, but he really didn't do much feat wise like he did in JSA.

Bransolute
It was the Claw of Horus that defeated him, not the kiss silly wink

He definetly CAN do damage to DS, will it be enough to beat him? Not to sure, I doubt the nth metal could protect him from the omega beams and we know how well the zeta beams worked on Synn
It was the kiss that activated it though... which is still pretty plotty. IMO.
Because kissing apparently shows that passion can overcome will...

Been a while since I read the RT War (may have to go re-read it)... but that was the little grenade looking thing that ripped him apart right?

King_Mungi
Originally posted by quanchi112
A Little shinnok actin eh? Wonder when the next mk game will come out and who will survive? Quanchi better be in it dammit.

Yeah Shinnok is the man, and not sure. I read one interview saying it was planned for 2008 but havn't heard anything else lately. From the way Armageddon ended I don't think were going to see a lot coming back, but who knows. MK endings usually don't end up being the same story for the beginning of the next game

It was the kiss that activated it though... which is still pretty plotty. IMO.
Because kissing apparently shows that passion can overcome will...

Been a while since I read the RT War (may have to go re-read it)... but that was the little grenade looking thing that ripped him apart right?

Still the Claw that did it shifty

They were Zeta Beam transmitters which seperated him by sending sections of him to seven parts of the galaxy or maybe it was universe... I forget which. They did this as a reference to the Seven Hells in Thanagar lore.

quanchi112
Yeah Shinnok is the man, and not sure. I read one interview saying it was planned for 2008 but havn't heard anything else lately. From the way Armageddon ended I don't think were going to see a lot coming back, but who knows. MK endings usually don't end up being the same story for the beginning of the next game

They were 7 Zeta Beam transmitters that sent him to seven parts of the galaxy or maybe universe... I forget which. Shinnok was ok but was never as cool as quanchi or shang tsung for that matter. Heres my list of top five mk.

1Quanchi
2Shang Tsung
3Shao Kahn
4Onaga
5 Goro

King_Mungi
Shinnok was ok but was never as cool as quanchi or shang tsung for that matter. Heres my list of top five mk.

Oh Shinnok is far from my favorite, I just really liked that image so I'm using it as a sig now

Bransolute

They were Zeta Beam transmitters which seperated him by sending sections of him to seven parts of the galaxy or maybe it was universe... I forget which. They did this as a reference to the Seven Hells in Thanagar lore. Meh, it's still dumb...

I don't really see the OE doing that though...

quanchi112
Oh Shinnok is far from my favorite, I just really liked that image so I'm using it as a sig now Gimme your top five mkers?

nvrbeenwthagirl
Meh, it's still dumb...

OE can do so much more. And it is currently back at full power.

King_Mungi
Meh, it's still dumb...

No not the same way, but I'm talking about battle field removal as I don't recall Synn having the ability to teleport as he needed a ship to leave Thanagar in the Rann/Thanagar War mini

King_Mungi
Gimme your top five mkers?

1. Kung Lao
2. Sub Zero
3. Dark Raiden
4. Shao Khan
5. Goro

Bransolute
No not the same way, but I'm talking about battle field removal as I don't recall Synn having the ability to teleport as he needed a ship to leave Thanagar in the Rann/Thanagar War mini Well played sir, well played.

No BFR to make this more interesting. smile

Gimme your top five mkers?
Scorpion
SK
Goro
Kintaro
Ermac

nvrbeenwthagirl
Synn has no defense against Soul manip, time manip, telepathy, ect.

King_Mungi
Well played sir, well played.

No BFR to make this more interesting. smile

Now the question is, would the Omega Beams work on Synn? Most likely, but for all we know he might have some divine connection controlling the 4 fundmentals of the universe to protect him.

The beams/other abilities are DS best hope as going shot for shot would not be a wise decision on DS's part.

Ermac

Ooooh yeah Ermac is one of my favs too...it's because he's Canadian *cough* shifty

quanchi112
Im surprised that neither of you to have shang tsung in your top five I hear hes very popular.

TricksterPriest
Omega Effect can still erase him. But Synn would be tough to take out.

nvrbeenwthagirl
Originally posted by TricksterPriest
Omega Effect can still erase him. But Synn would be tough to take out.
Uru metal isn't matter manip resistant is it?

King_Mungi
Originally posted by nvrbeenwthagirl
Uru metal isn't matter manip resistant is it?

Nth metal and yeah it is, as Synn has a form of matter manipulation himself

nvrbeenwthagirl
Nth metal and yeah it is, as Synn has a form of matter manipulation himself

Well, There is always, Time manip, Soul manip, erasure, Telepathy, or Reality manip. Or an Omega reality Trap/BFR. Or what ever powers the ALE has upgraded DS to.

Bransolute
Now the question is, would the Omega Beams work on Synn? Most likely, but for all we know he might have some divine connection controlling the 4 fundmentals of the universe to protect him.

The beams/other abilities are DS best hope as going shot for shot would not be a wise decision on DS's part.

Ooooh yeah Ermac is one of my favs too...it's because he's Canadian *cough* shifty I know the beams would be able to break him apart, but for affecting him, really? I'm not sure...

Damnit! mad

Im surprised that neither of you to have shang tsung in your top five I hear hes very popular. The only time I like the ones like them (Shinnok, Quanchi, Shang), is when they are getting their asses kicked, although Shin doesn't get beat as often, and I like him better than the others...

Bransolute
Well, There is always, Time manip, Soul manip, erasure, Telepathy, or Reality manip. Or an Omega reality Trap/BFR. Or what ever powers the ALE has upgraded DS to. I don't think it's right to speculate on what powers DS has gained through the ALE... and hasn't he had the powers for almost twenty years or something?

King_Mungi
Well, There is always, Time manip, Soul manip, erasure, Telepathy, or Reality manip. Or an Omega reality Trap/BFR. Or what ever powers the ALE has upgraded DS to.

Soul stealing won't work as Synn can soul steal and bring back the dead as well. Even Hawkman has shown a level of telepathy resistance, so safe to say Synn would be protected.

Also we don't know what entails of Synn's complete control over the 4 fundamentals of the universe he may be protected from all the above we just don't know

I know the beams would be able to break him apart, but for affecting him, really? I'm not sure...

Damnit! mad

Yeah we kinda have to wait and see what he can do with his full powers, and he WILL be back no doubt about it wink

quanchi112
I know the beams would be able to break him apart, but for affecting him, really? I'm not sure...

Damnit! mad

The only time I like the ones like them (Shinnok, Quanchi, Shang), is when they are getting their asses kicked, although Shin doesn't get beat as often, and I like him better than the others... Quan in part four showed how much of a shit starter he could be. I mean he fukced with everyone in that one. I wish they would bring back those video endings. Remember barakas ending on mk gold. Awesome.

I love when Quan beat up on shang in deception. I loved how the deadly alliance won basically. Then they beat down raiden together. Fights were awesome in the beginning of deception.

King_Mungi
Remember barakas ending on mk gold. Awesome.

That when he got killed in it? I can't remember

nvrbeenwthagirl
Soul stealing won't work as Synn can soul steal and bring back the dead as well. Even Hawkman has shown a level of telepathy resistance, so safe to say Synn would be protected.

Also we don't know what entails of Synn's complete control over the 4 fundamentals of the universe he may be protected from all the above we just don't know

Yeah we kinda have to wait and see what he can do with his full powers, and he WILL be back no doubt about it wink

We can only go by what was shown then. Or extrapolate based upon what others have done with smaller quantities of the Metal.

We also don't know What DS can do with his permaupgrade due to the ALE. Or just what his omegas are able to do to actual opponents. Tho it seems he could split Synn apart since he can so easily reach into the firestorm matrix and just pull out the professor. I can see DS reaching in and pulling out Synn's soul or mind. Or stopping him in time.

King_Mungi
We can only go by what was shown then. Or extrapolate based upon what others have done with smaller quantities of the Metal.

We also don't know What DS can do with his permaupgrade due to the ALE. Or just what his omegas are able to do to actual opponents. Tho it seems he could split Synn apart since he can so easily reach into the firestorm matrix and just pull out the professor. I can see DS reaching in and pulling out Synn's soul or mind. Or stopping him in time.

Like I mentioned nth metal has shown a resistance to all the above , but how much resistance would be against someone like DS? I don't know as he never faced anyone on his level so I can't say for certain

I doubt DS could simply reach in him and do it, as what he did to Firestorm wouldn't tbe the same against Synn. Like I said I can't say for certain Synn COULD defend against those attacks as we have yet to see him unleashed.

What Synn did to the JSA was greatly impressive and is not to be taken lightly

nvrbeenwthagirl
Like I mentioned nth metal has shown a resistance to all the above , but how much resistance would be against someone like DS? I don't know as he never faced anyone on his level so I can't say for certain

I doubt DS could simply reach in him and do it, as what he did to Firestorm wouldn't tbe the same against Synn. Like I said I can't say for certain Synn COULD defend against those attacks as we have yet to see him unleashed.

What Synn did to the JSA was greatly impressive and is not to be taken lightly
Well Desaad used highfather's staff to create a boom tube right into the source. We know DS can do that becuz his omega's allow him the same powers. I say Boom tube right under Synn's feet into the source itself for instant death. big grin

quanchi112
That when he got killed in it? I can't remember Baraka stabbed him and thought he killed him and then you saw quanchi behind him while the other quan was dying. Confused yet? Baraka then charged him but quan froze him in the air at the last moment with some king of energy shot that he emitted. Quan laughed as baraka exploded.

SpiderGauntlet
Mortal kombat?

And I thought Omega beams can go through stuff..except legendary items like WW's bracer

I think DS wins thanks to having a small power from the ALE.

King_Mungi
Well Desaad used highfather's staff to create a boom tube right into the source. We know DS can do that becuz his omega's allow him the same powers. I say Boom tube right under Synn's feet into the source itself for instant death. big grin

hence why I said battle field removal win for DS on the first page, but that option has been removed from the creator of the thread

Baraka stabbed him and thought he killed him and then you saw quanchi behind him while the other quan was dying. Confused yet? Baraka then charged him but quan froze him in the air at the last moment with some king of energy shot that he emitted. Quan laughed as baraka exploded.

Oooooh yeah, that was indeed pretty cool

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.