Are the "Limited Editions" version of video games a waste of money?

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

FistOfThe North
I think they are. They look good, but the exitement of what comes in the S.E. package wears of in a day and there goes your extra $10 bucks down the tube.

Your thoughts?

Neo Darkhalen
Sometimes with like Halo 3 legendary edition you get allot more, so in some cases yes.

AstroFan
Usually if Im buying a game, if it has a LE or CE, ill but it. I actually enjoy the behind the scenes and stuff like that, so to me its worth it, its only 10 bucks. lol

InnerRise
Originally posted by AstroFan
Usually if Im buying a game, if it has a LE or CE, ill but it. I actually enjoy the behind the scenes and stuff like that, so to me its worth it, its only 10 bucks. lol It's not alway $10.

Anata wa wakarimasu ka.....

Morridini
Usually about 35-40 $ more for LE/CE/SE then the normal one here, so in my opinion that's too much.

ragesRemorse
Yes, special limited editions, collectors edition, super cool if you dont buy this your an ass hole editions are all generally a waste of money. There are few cases such as the already mentioned halo3 editions which may warrant an extra 25$, but certainly not double the price.

To me, and example of a special edition would be the orange box. five games for the price of one....,now thats special

Lana
Originally posted by InnerRise
It's not alway $10.

Anata wa wakarimasu ka.....

99% of the time it is.

Anyway, I say it depends on the game and how interested in it you are.

General Kaliero
Very much depends. What extra stuff is included is the deciding factor. Like, if it's just a soundtrack CD, no. But a behind the scenes DVD with the making of the game, an art book, demo disc for another big game, maybe a figurine...

For me, just an art book by itself is worth the extra cash.

WrathfulDwarf
From a collector's POV.

No.

I don't see it as a "waste". More like a "desire".

AstroFan
Having the collectors edition reduces my urge to trade it in. stick out tongue

Neo Darkhalen
Just like Halo 3 legendary edition.

SaTsuJiN
Originally posted by FistOfThe North
I think they are. They look good, but the exitement of what comes in the S.E. package wears of in a day and there goes your extra $10 bucks down the tube.

Your thoughts? depends on whats in them...

for me.. if its an art book or a disc full of cinematics.. I'm definitely getting it.. but if its some dumb shit like 'behind the scenes' then hell no

Smasandian
I'll never get them again.

I dont care that much about any of that extra stuff.

I used to the LE editions of PC games because they generally only offered DVD version of the game with the LE's.

Morridini
Anyways the extra stuff usually end up online after a time, so you can always download the stuff.

Not the figurines though..

BackFire
Like others have said, it depends on the game and the person.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.