Wolverine versus cutting Hulk

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Jonathanos
It was requested that this be moved out of the Dante thread, so I'll acquiesce.

I'll keep this short.

Six Hours #4:

http://aycu18.webshots.com/image/32497/2000373568909153151_rs.jpg

http://i17.photobucket.com/albums/b97/Jonathanos/Wolverine2d.jpg

http://aycu05.webshots.com/image/31604/2000370734882202296_rs.jpg

Notice how Wolverine has his own blood all over him. If Wolverine had been drawing blood from Hulk in this fight, why isn't Hulk's shown? It's not on Hulk's body, it's not on Wolverine's claws or hands.

That's not to say that Wolverine can't ever cut the Hulk. Obviously he can as he's done so on other occasions. This only shows that it's not guaranteed. I also believe this casts doubt on Wolverine's theory that he was wrong in thinking he failed to cut the Hulk during their original battle.

And just for the record, since it was claimed that Wolverine with bone claws can cut Hulk, here is an in-continuity meeting of the two where the Hulk's durability is below normal due to circumstances.

http://aycu16.webshots.com/image/31695/2000393633063683660_rs.jpg

B.A
So you come to fail here as well? Interesting.

Rhinoceros
Skrullverine was able to cut through Hulk's balls and eyes with his bone claws. That's not really the same as the thicker skin. Wasn't their original battle retconned too? I think it was shown in a flash back or something, and Wolverine was able to cut Hulk, not entirely sure about this though.

Then there's the whole case with Deathverine, the event was a little sketchy though.

Wolverine was also able cut Hulk recently, even if it was little harder than usually.
Wolverine has never been able to cut Colossus though big grin

Oh, and welcome to KMC

Battlehammer
your own scanns disprove you. I mean any idiot can tell hulks been cut. Hell if even making shredding noises. also notice how Logan blood is shown as gray or black.............and then every time hulks cut there yellow or white..........ya what do you think that supose to be?

also even to further prove you wrong, Logan goes this is gunna be easier then i rember. why would he state that if he was not cutting hulk?

like B.A said you fail again.

Battlehammer
Originally posted by Jonathanos

And just for the record, since it was claimed that Wolverine with bone claws can cut Hulk, here is an in-continuity meeting of the two where the Hulk's durability is below normal due to circumstances.

http://aycu16.webshots.com/image/31695/2000393633063683660_rs.jpg

hell this even proves you wrong. I mean for starters hulk thought it cut his throat. Meaning hulk is sure that adamatium claws Logan can and will cut him.

No it was claimed that Logan with bone claws has cut hulk before which is a fact.

Jonathanos
Originally posted by Battlehammer
your own scanns disprove you. I mean any idiot can tell hulks been cut. Hell if even making shredding noises. also notice how Logan blood is shown as gray or black.............and then every time hulks cut there yellow or white..........ya what do you think that supose to be?

Do you believe Wolverine's ears were squirting out yellow and white blood here in response to Hulk yanking on the claws?

http://aycu14.webshots.com/image/31853/2001203165993732549_rs.jpg

Oh, and news footage showed Hulk's nose bleeding in #3. Red blood.

Maybe he's referring to how easily he'd just avoided Hulk's hit. Who cares? Fact remains, when Wolverine (or anyone else) was bled, it was obvious. Blood was never shown to be drawn from Hulk by Wolverine attacking.

Battlehammer
Do you believe Wolverine's ears were squirting out yellow and white blood here in response to Hulk yanking on the claws?

http://aycu14.webshots.com/image/31853/2001203165993732549_rs.jpg

Oh, and news footage showed Hulk's nose bleeding in #3. Red blood.

Maybe he's referring to how easily he'd just avoided Hulk's hit. Who cares? Fact remains, when Wolverine (or anyone else) was bled, it was obvious. Blood was never shown to be drawn from Hulk by Wolverine attacking.

why would Logan say that about dodging hulk if he was unable to cut? stop being rediculous.

either way the yellow ment damage...........so what Logan was damageing hulk with his claws, but not cutting him?

your entire arguement is rediculous

and the more you talk the more foolish you look.

KK the Great
Man.

Jon is going to walk the dog on you guys.

Yellow and white blood starbursts.

Jesus.

Jonathanos
hell this even proves you wrong. I mean for starters hulk thought it cut his throat. Meaning hulk is sure that adamatium claws Logan can and will cut him.

No it was claimed that Logan with bone claws has cut hulk before which is a fact.

Yes, he feared he'd been cut. He's been cut by the claws before and he didn't know that Wolverine's claws were no longer adamantium. And in this case, his durability was well below normal due to other-dimensional energies flowing through him.

Again, I'm not saying Wolverine can never cut Hulk.

Are you referring to that '96 Marvel Fanfare series? Besides being post-Onslaught (thus lower durability Hulk), was it even in continuity? Definitely contradicts Hulk's own title where Wolverine's bone claws couldn't cut Hulk even months later.

BUSTER1

When did Wolverine cut Hulk with bone claws? In the scene where he attacks Hulk with the bone claws, the Hulk is relieved to find out the claws are only bone, knoqing they won't hurt him, even though at this time he is Bannerless Hulk (when Banner was seperated from him and was in the Heroes Reborn universe) and his durability is reduced

Jonathanos
why would Logan say that about dodging hulk if he was unable to cut? stop being rediculous.

either way the yellow ment damage...........so what Logan was damageing hulk with his claws, but not cutting him?

your entire arguement is rediculous

and the more you talk the more foolish you look.

Haha. So you do believe Wolverine's ears were squirting out yellow blood...

HAHA.

Battlehammer
Originally posted by KK the Great
Man.

Jon is going to walk the dog on you guys.

Yellow and white blood starbursts.

Jesus.
..........are you serious his entire arguement is rediculous.

first Logans blood is shown as black.

second if hulk not beeing cut then whats damageing him? I mean he clearly in pain and he clearly taking it.........

god dam use your head. there not always blood show to tell when some ones is damage.

also would nto surpize me in the least if hulk was shown to have white blood...........when Logans is shown black.

Then there the fact Logan states this is gunna be easier then i rembered. why the hell would he say that if he was not cutting hulk?

oh and then there the fact every time he slashes hulk it makes a ripping noise.........what the hell do you think happening?

man you herochat guys are clowns.

Battlehammer
Yes, he feared he'd been cut. He's been cut by the claws before and he didn't know that Wolverine's claws were no longer adamantium. And in this case, his durability was well below normal due to other-dimensional energies flowing through him.

Again, I'm not saying Wolverine can never cut Hulk.

Are you referring to that '96 Marvel Fanfare series? Besides being post-Onslaught (thus lower durability Hulk), was it even in continuity? Definitely contradicts Hulk's own title where Wolverine's bone claws couldn't cut Hulk even months later.

you mean the wendigo,hulk and wolverine fight were they all look rediculous? thats the one im talking about gotta find the scanns some were around here.

oh then skrull wolverine was able to damage hulk with bone claws.

You just gotta hit weak points groin, eyes and so forth.

again not saying Logan would on average or even at all. Im saying it has happen and it a fact.

Battlehammer
Haha. So you do believe Wolverine's ears were squirting out yellow blood...

HAHA.

even if the yellow was simply to show damage. meaning pain which it is showing that or blood. Though im going with pain. Then why would hulk be getting pained by Logans claws, but not cut?

think about what your saying.

KK the Great
Have you ever seen blood, kid?

srankmissingnin
Marvel Fanfare issue 2. Bone claw Wolverine cuts the shit out of the Hulk.

Rhinoceros
Jonathanos - What do you feel about the WWH X-men tie in then? Me, IMO I don't think Hulk's durability is as high as his strenght/regeneration rate, nor does it amp just as fast, as he was damaged *pretty* easily in WWH.

I do think his regeneration rate is pretty f*cking powerful though. Do you think anyone else on Marvel Earth has as good healing factor as he? Deadpool's is quite powerful, but at times it takes him somewhat long to for example grow his arm back after it's been blown off. Weird.

Doctor-Alvis
Then why would hulk be getting pained by Logans claws, but not cut?
You can get scraped, get hurt, but not actually be cut.

Jonathanos
even if the yellow was simply to show damage. meaning pain which it is showing that or blood. Though im going with pain. Then why would hulk be getting pained by Logans claws, but not cut?

think about what your saying.

OMG! Hulk isn't bulletproof!

http://aycu32.webshots.com/image/32991/2002487143368438417_rs.jpg

Okay, just stop.

Everyone's blood was colored this funky brown-red mess in that issue.

srankmissingnin
Okay, just stop.

.. Hulks blood is green.

Jonathanos
you mean the wendigo,hulk and wolverine fight were they all look rediculous? thats the one im talking about gotta find the scanns some were around here.

I haven't read that series in a long time. I remember questioning the continuity of the series when it came out.

However, we're still talking about post-Onslaught where Hulk's durability was below normal.

The skrull penetrated Hulk's eyes but not his skin.

Whether the groind stab brought blood or not, I don't know. Maybe it just hurt. You know, being that it was a nut shot.

Battlehammer
Have you ever seen blood, kid?
yes I have and it not black or gray.

Jonathanos
Originally posted by srankmissingnin
.. Hulks blood is green.

Not always.

A good example is #3 of this series where news footage shows the Hulk's nose bleeding.

Red.

KK the Great
yes I have

and it not black

These two statements do not add up.

Blood isn't the cherry red substance you've seen in the movies, kid.

Jonathanos
Originally posted by Rhinoceros
Jonathanos - What do you feel about the WWH X-men tie in then? Me, IMO I don't think Hulk's durability is as high as his strenght/regeneration rate, nor does it amp just as fast, as he was damaged *pretty* easily in WWH.

It's really strange. If the hype is correct, his resistance to injury should be off the charts, but he's been damaged by opponents who have never come close to matching that damage in the past.

One person suggested that it's down to JR Jr., who also had Hulk's face busted and bruised in a fight with Abomination.

Battlehammer
OMG! Hulk isn't bulletproof!

http://aycu32.webshots.com/image/32991/2002487143368438417_rs.jpg

Okay, just stop.

lol my bad there just re read the issue

not to mention hulks not showing that he in pain. Nor is the scraping, tearing noises.

completely different thing.

also we know for a fact that hulks was damage and cut..............since you kn ow the kid survived that they were using hulks blood for a blood transfusion.

Battlehammer
These two statements do not add up.

Blood isn't the cherry red substance you've seen in the movies, kid.
did I say it was?

nope

Battlehammer
Not always.

A good example is #3 of this series where news footage shows the Hulk's nose bleeding.

Red.
yet in wwh he was shown to bleed green..............which he shown to bleed to majority of the time

KK the Great
different comic/different artist.

so instead of actaully debating you use cop out like it depends on the artist? Do't be rediculous. You could say that about any debate. so in theory debates on kmc are pointless since you can always just go "it depends on the arttist".

so much for kmc being so superior in the way they debate.

KK the Great
You see what I did there?

Battlehammer
so instead of actaully debating you use cop out like it depends on the artist? Do't be rediculous. You could say that about any debate. so in theory debates on kmc are pointless since you can always just go "it depends on the arttist".

actaully it was from the same issue I forgott.

Rhinoceros
It's really strange. If the hype is correct, his resistance to injury should be off the charts, but he's been damaged by opponents who have never come close to matching that damage in the past.

One person suggested that it's down to JR Jr., who also had Hulk's face busted and bruised in a fight with Abomination.

Thanks for replying, I thought I was being completely shut off from this thread. I don't personally have anything against Herochatters if that's what you think.

Do you think Hulk's durability is related to his anger level as much as his strength is? After all, he does say "The madder Hulk gets, the stronger he gets" stick out tongue

Jonathanos
lol my bad there just re read the issue

not to mention hulks not showing that he in pain. Nor is the scraping, tearing noises.

completely different thing.

He roars in pain when he's holding the claws and they're retracted. There's even a close-up of his eyes to indicate that he's in pain.

Otherwise? Nope. That expression could just as easily be anger. What is Hulk's normal emotional state, kiddies? If you said "pissed off" you're right.

Now go wash your potty mouth with soap.

How do you get by? Banner was giving a transfusion before transforming. They needed him to transform into the Hulk because the Hulk's blood is more efficient in dealing with toxins.

Do the math. They got the blood while he was transforming.

You think that woman's running around scooping up clumps of dirt and squeezing out the blood to give the kid?

Jonathanos
yet in wwh he was shown to bleed green..............which he shown to bleed to majority of the time

In Six Hours he was shown to bleed red.

Jonathanos
Originally posted by Rhinoceros
Thanks for replying, I thought I was being completely shut off from this thread. I don't personally have anything against Herochatters if that's what you think.

Do you think Hulk's durability is related to his anger level as much as his strength is? After all, he does say "The madder Hulk gets, the stronger he gets" stick out tongue

I wasn't ignoring you and I don't think that. I was responding to the points and missed your post at first.

I really can't answer that. His durability does increase but whether it does so at the same rate as his strength hasn't been said.

Draco69

Why does SuperHeroChat seek to invade us with troll members?

Are they that bored?

no expression

batdude123
Originally posted by Draco69

Are they that bored?

no expression I thought that answer was obvious...

Battlehammer

Battlehammer
In Six Hours he was shown to bleed red.

really were in six hours does hulk bleed red?

please prove this .

bobbi
"Have you ever seen blood, kid?"

yes I have and it not black or gray.

As a med student, I must say dried blood often is pretty darn close to black.

also even to further prove you wrong, Logan goes this is gunna be easier then i rember. why would he state that if he was not cutting hulk?

like B.A said you fail again.

lol yellow white blood that's coming out in lightning bolt type patterns...

Like was said the reaction could be anger and surprise already pain is likely too. As well, try being hit by a guy swinging a blunted sword. It'll hurt like hell but you won't be cut or bleed (bruise like the dickens after of course). Same approach could be taken here.

As to the noise it could just be like trying to cut through shark skin or something. hulks skin is probably fairly rough as well and objects sliding across it can make a shredding sound.

and comics always need some sound effects. wheres the fun of attacks not making any sounds? (not an actual argument. just poking fun)

All in all I'd lean toward the hulk not being cut in those particular scans. Although I wouldn't be surprised if he was cut and just healed from them since he's done it before. like was said you don't need blood spurting to show damage.

KK the Great
Originally posted by Draco69

Are they that bored?

no expression

You probably didn't see the original post, but what I did there was quote Battlehammer's own argument back at him, changing "writer" to "artist" but otherwise leaving it exactly the same.

EDIT: Oh, yeah, and obviously changing Herochat to KMC.

batdude123
Originally posted by bobbi
As a med student, I must say dried blood often is pretty darn close to black.

Truth.

Jonathanos
really were in six hours does hulk bleed red?

please prove this .

http://aycu08.webshots.com/image/32807/2004005444777826599_rs.jpg

Battlehammer
http://aycu08.webshots.com/image/32807/2004005444777826599_rs.jpg
wierd. it in issue 3. There no reason he should be bleeding at all. man this artist blows.

Jonathanos
He was angery, because he was been slashed up as shown on panel and indicated by you know the slashing noises.

Are you still on this silly "the sound effect" kick? (Well, at least you seem to have dropped the starburst thing.)

Here:
http://aycu06.webshots.com/image/34805/2004005162858882092_rs.jpg

Notice four things:

- The fact that blood is actually shown under Hulk's eyes from being stabbed in them earlier.
- The sound effect (which, in an amusing coincidence, is almost exactly the same as the one in 6 Hours scan I posted first).
- The lack of blood drawn.
- Hulk saying Wolverine (skrull) is trying to hurt him, trying to prick him, but cannot hurt him with the bone claws.

Or......... is the Hulk's grip *somehow* stronger than Wolverine's best shot, thus providing the force necessary to cut Hulk when Wolverine could not in this encounter?

That's ridiculous. You're saying that in the minute or so (give or take) that Wolverine and Hulk were fighting, this flight attendant went out, scooped up dirt that allegedly contained Hulk blood that was never shown, squeezed it out of the dirt, and gave the kid a transfusion of it?

Ha.

How do you know how much gamma-irradiated blood is needed to eradicate the venom of a coral snake bite?

Which is why he had to transform.

Jonathanos
wierd. it in issue 3. There no reason he should be bleeding at all. man this artist blows.

*sigh*

The footage is two years old. There's no way of knowing why he's bleeding.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.