H/P Doomsday v.s. Thanos

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Sol Valentine
Who wins?

fatgogeta
Poor Thanos

batdude123
I'd give it to Doomsday in this case.

TricksterPriest
Minus BFR, DD.

Galan007
Since there weren't any "no BFR" stipulations placed on this thread, Thanos wins.

Kutulu
Yeah Thanos via BFR 10/10.

Jimmy-Chan
Thanos would win IMO. Strength is about even. Doomsday's spikes and speed would give him an advantage HTH, but Thanos can simply wear him down using energy blasts and putting up force fields if he gets in trouble.

The Great Galen
Doomsday FTW, Thanos is effected by blows from the HUlk....he will be Koed.

Galan007
Originally posted by Jimmy-Chan
but Thanos can simply wear him down using energy blasts and putting up force fields if he gets in trouble. none

fatgogeta
As BFR is allowed Thanos can certainly win that way. He is certainly smart enough not to try to take him on directly, but if he did he would be crashing in his girlfriend's house that night.

Jimmy-Chan
Originally posted by Galan007
none

See Thanos' fight with Champion when he had the Power Gem. If Doomsday started to get the better of him HTH, Thanos would be smart enough to give himself time to breath with a force field, then he'd use energy blasts to wear DD down from a distance. It would take awhile, but I think Thanos could eventually KO him.

fatgogeta
Energy blasts were not working too well against Doomsday by that point.

Symmetric Chaos
Thanos would win IMO. Strength is about even. Doomsday's spikes and speed would give him an advantage HTH, but Thanos can simply wear him down using energy blasts and putting up force fields if he gets in trouble.

I doubt he's going to wear down H/P DD like that.

guy222
thanos

Jimmy-Chan
Originally posted by fatgogeta
Energy blasts were not working too well against Doomsday by that point.

Superman's blasts weren't. Darkseid incapacitated him with one blast though, and he needed time to recover from it. Imperiex annihilated him with a blast. I think Thanos' energy blasts are not as powerful as Darkseid's, but significantly more powerful than Superman's heat vision. Enough of them could get to Doomsday.

Doomsday's healing/evolution presents a rare challenge, but I think Thanos would be smart enough to overcome it. Superman did manage to make Doomsday bleed in DD Wars, which was the sequel to H/P and written by the same guy (Jurgens).

Desaad
Superman's blasts weren't. Darkseid incapacitated him with one blast though, and he needed time to recover from it. Imperiex annihilated him with a blast. I think Thanos' energy blasts are not as powerful as Darkseid's, but significantly more powerful than Superman's heat vision. Enough of them could get to Doomsday.

Doomsday's healing/evolution presents a rare challenge, but I think Thanos would be smart enough to overcome it. Superman did manage to make Doomsday bleed in DD Wars, which was the sequel to H/P and written by the same guy (Jurgens).

Your screenname is....familiar.

As are your opinions.

Jimmy-Chan
I've posted here before, so they should be familiar.

Soljer
Since there weren't any "no BFR" stipulations placed on this thread, Thanos wins.

Yup.

Doomsday would win a melee confrontation.

However, in this thread, Thanos removes him every time.

Kurash
yep thanos just BFRs

quanchi112

Doomsday's healing/evolution presents a rare challenge, but I think Thanos would be smart enough to overcome it. Superman did manage to make Doomsday bleed in DD Wars, which was the sequel to H/P and written by the same guy (Jurgens). Jimmy I have heard of you becuz if i recall correctly someone said that you created Darkseid respect threads either here or on another forum.

I want your opinion on a Darkseid vs Thanos confrontation please. How would it go down according to you??

Jimmy-Chan
Originally posted by quanchi112
Jimmy I have heard of you becuz if i recall correctly someone said that you created Darkseid respect threads either here or on another forum.

I want your opinion on a Darkseid vs Thanos confrontation please. How would it go down according to you??

It depends. I think Darkseid is more powerful than Thanos as in he has some uber energy powers that Thanos hasn't shown. So if they mostly relied on energy projection I would bet on Darkseid in a hell of a fight. If it came down primarily to a slugfest I think Thanos would win 7/10 because he seems noticably more durable when it comes to blunt force trauma. If they were pro fighters and Darkseid's chin was considered above average, Thanos' jaw would be iron. Basically, Thanos wins a fight up close while Darkseid wins at a distance.

It's not really an easy match-up though, because Thanos is one of the most consistent comic book characters while Darkseid widely varies. I think Darkseid has much higher top showings than Thanos and far greater lows. If you focus just on Darkseid's top stuff like a lot of people on this board do I would see him as above Thanos. If you focus almost exclusively on his low showings like they do at SHC then Thanos would stomp him.

Kurash
It depends. I think Darkseid is more powerful than Thanos as in he has some uber energy powers that Thanos hasn't shown. So if they mostly relied on energy projection I would bet on Darkseid in a hell of a fight. If it came down primarily to a slugfest I think Thanos would win 7/10 because he seems noticably more durable when it comes to blunt force trauma. If they were pro fighters and Darkseid's chin was considered above average, Thanos' jaw would be iron. Basically, Thanos wins a fight up close while Darkseid wins at a distance.

It's not really an easy match-up though, because Thanos is one of the most consistent comic book characters while Darkseid widely varies. I think Darkseid has much higher top showings than Thanos and far greater lows. If you focus just on Darkseid's top stuff like a lot of people on this board do I would see him as above Thanos. If you focus almost exclusively on his low showings like they do at SHC then Thanos would stomp him.

which is why i take the middle and say DS for a majority

Desaad
I've posted here before, so they should be familiar.

No no.

I know you from elsewhere.

Back to debating about comics?

Jimmy-Chan
Originally posted by Desaad
No no.

I know you from elsewhere.

Back to debating about comics?

Okay, then who are you? If you know me from elsewhere then you should at least say where. Otherwise, what's the point of your post?

Desaad
Okay, then who are you? If you know me from elsewhere then you should at least say where. Otherwise, what's the point of your post?

I'm a bit hurt you don't recognize me.

After all, I was the champion of Darkseid while you were still all about Spiderman.

Jimmy-Chan
I'm a bit hurt you don't recognize me.

After all, I was the champion of Darkseid while you were still all about Spiderman.

I had my suspicions but I don't like making assumptions.

Desaad
Hah.

Hows tricks?

Jimmy-Chan
Russel linked me to a certain thread. For the record I really don't post anymore. I'm just having a bit of fun here every once upon a blue moon. The only comic I read consistently is Invincible. I'm not wasting my time on any of the flame wars that place loves so much. It's ridiculous. The only discussions that get me "riled up" these days are about issues that matter.

And I've seen you say you got me into Darkseid more than once while lurking. This is false. I got interested in Darkseid (and Orion) from Lord Majestros' debates with rc over Action Comics#586.

Desaad
Russel linked me to a certain thread. For the record I really don't post anymore. I'm just having a bit of fun here every once upon a blue moon. The only comic I read consistently is Invincible. I'm not wasting my time on any of the flame wars that place loves so much. It's ridiculous. The only discussions that get me "riled up" these days are about issues that matter.

Good to hear.

That certainly didn't use to be the case, I think we can both agree.

Now lets not be disingenuous, Jimbo.

You used to credit me with getting you into the character, way back when. The fact that I don't support you, haven't supported you in years, doesn't mean you have to lash out.

Trust me, its not something I brag about. Its not something I get mad props for or anything.

Regardless, I hope you are doing well. Hopefully you've found your peace.

Jimmy-Chan
I can't think of a single time I've said such a thing. I'm not being disengenous -- I simply don't believe it's true. I never got along with rc, so why would I credit his posts with getting me into the character if I was being petty?

Lord Majestros and rc debated Darkseid vs. Superman numerous times prior to Apokolips Now. I eventually bought Action Comics#586 and liked both Orion and Darkseid from then on. In fact I remember posting a thread about it the day after I bought the comic and getting into a debate with Pillow Biter/Voyeur over Orion/Superman.

Discussions with you may have interested me further, but it was the debates between Lord Majestros and rc, well before I started talking to you, that got me interested to begin with. And I don't think I've ever said anything to the contrary.

I think you're remembering incorrectly. Which one of us has the insane memory, again? For instance the fact that I remember you're part Turkish and like Led Zeppelin? I think my memory is a little bit more vivid with exact details than yours. And I'm not saying that out of ego or spite. Like I said, I could really care less about comic book message board feuds.

Ouallada
I agree. Thanos loses without BFR. H/P DD is a monster.

Originally posted by The Great Galen
Doomsday FTW, Thanos is effected by blows from the HUlk....he will be Koed.

http://i239.photobucket.com/albums/ff281/twol84/1192727770372.gif

Galan007
See Thanos' fight with Champion when he had the Power Gem. If Doomsday started to get the better of him HTH, Thanos would be smart enough to give himself time to breath with a force field, then he'd use energy blasts to wear DD down from a distance. It would take awhile, but I think Thanos could eventually KO him. Do you know anything about H/P DD?

ie,
The version which took Radiant's energy attacks, Darkseid's OB, Superman's HV, and Waverider's chronal attacks, without even slowing down?

Thanos would take this particular battle for a reason which most have already mentioned -- but a force-field mixed with a few energy attacks at a distance is hardly how he would do so. srsly

Jimmy-Chan
He had adapted to The Radiant's energy due to their previous battle where Radiant had killed him, and Waverider actually froze him, although yes he ended up adapting to Waverider's energy pretty fast while he was frozen. Darkseid's blast actually left Doomsday incoherent, needing a few moments to recover.

I'd read H/P.

Anyway, are we not counting the stuff from DD Wars and OWAW, given that's the same version of Doomsday?

Galan007
Darkseid's blast actually left Doomsday incoherent, needing a few moments to recover. If by 'incoherent' you mean, DD got up almost immediately after Darky was done with his little attack -- Then you are correct. wink

Anyway, are we not counting the stuff from DD Wars and OWAW, given that's the same version of Doomsday? When someone specifically states "H/P Doomsday" in the OP -- That's the version I tend to stick with.

nvrbeenwthagirl
If by 'incoherent' you mean, DD got up almost immediately after Darky was done with his little attack -- Then you are correct. wink

When someone specifically states "H/P Doomsday" in the OP -- That's the version I tend to stick with.

When you say almost immediately, do you mean as in the ground had time to cool off, and DS had time to do a monologue immediately? And I remember DS point blank range blast pwned Cyborg.

Galan007
Originally posted by nvrbeenwthagirl
When you say almost immediately, do you mean as in the ground had time to cool off, and DS had time to do a monologue immediately? And I remember DS point blank range blast pwned Cyborg. Huh?

Darky hit DD with 2 consecutive blasts of Omega, rubble fell over DD, and Darky only had time to say "at the feet of Darkseid", before DD got up and pwned him.

So yes -- almost immediately. happy

quanchi112
When you say almost immediately, do you mean as in the ground had time to cool off, and DS had time to do a monologue immediately? And I remember DS point blank range blast pwned Cyborg. Yes he oneshotted cyborg after superman bought him the time he needed to recover from the asstomping that doomdsay handed him.

nvrbeenwthagirl
Yes he oneshotted cyborg after superman bought him the time he needed to recover from the asstomping that doomdsay handed him.

As if it matters. DS is leagues more poweful now than he was portrayed then. The present is what counts.

quanchi112
As if it matters. DS is leagues more poweful now than he was portrayed then. The present is what counts. Yes if you count the ale he is a lot more powerful but if you dont hes on par with Superman physically which was just stated. Doomsday from hp was physically to much for superman or darkseid then and still now.

Jimmy-Chan
Huh?

Darky hit DD with 2 consecutive blasts of Omega, rubble fell over DD, and Darky only had time to say "at the feet of Darkseid", before DD got up and pwned him.

So yes -- almost immediately. happy

What?

1. Darkseid hit Doomsday with ONE blast, which sent him flying and buried him under rubbled

2. Darkseid strolled over to Doomsday's body (which appeared to be a good distance away), made a somewhat long-winded speech ("at the feet of Darkseid" being the end of that speech), melted the rubble with a heat beam, and walked away

3. After the melted rubble had dried and become integrated into the ground, effectively "burying" Doomsday, he bursted out, grunting as he crawled out of the ground.

Doomsday was clearly incapacitated until after Darkseid had walked away, at which point he recovered.

quanchi112
What?

1. Darkseid hit Doomsday with ONE blast, which sent him flying and buried him under rubbled

2. Darkseid strolled over to Doomsday's body (which appeared to be a good distance away), made a somewhat long-winded speech ("at the feet of Darkseid" being the end of that speech), melted the rubble with a heat beam, and walked away

3. After the melted rubble had dried and become integrated into the ground, effectively "burying" Doomsday, he bursted out, grunting as he crawled out of the ground.

Doomsday was clearly incapacitated until after Darkseid had walked away, at which point he recovered. You exaggerate. He was buried under rubble and when he got out he beat the utter shit out of Darkseid.

Galan007
What?

Doomsday was clearly incapacitated until after Darkseid had walked away, at which point he recovered. You've read that story huh?

Darkseid blindsides DD with a blast of Omega, rubble falls over DD, Darky blasts DD with a second shot of Omega, Darky stops his little blasting rampage, and only has enough time to say "at the feet of Darkseid", before DD has already busted out of the rubble.

http://i165.photobucket.com/albums/u43/Galan007/th_oe_dd1.jpg http://i165.photobucket.com/albums/u43/Galan007/th_oe_dd2.jpg http://i165.photobucket.com/albums/u43/Galan007/th_oe_dd3.jpg

nvrbeenwthagirl
You've read that story huh?

Darkseid blindsides DD with a blast of Omega, rubble falls over DD, Darky blasts DD with a second shot of Omega, Darky stops his little blasting rampage, and only has enough time to say "at the feet of Darkseid", before DD has already busted out of the rubble.

http://i165.photobucket.com/albums/u43/Galan007/th_oe_dd1.jpg http://i165.photobucket.com/albums/u43/Galan007/th_oe_dd2.jpg http://i165.photobucket.com/albums/u43/Galan007/th_oe_dd3.jpg

I want to call your attention to how far the omega beams travel when they hit DD. Now call into your attention the fact that DS walks over to DS casually. And also call to your attention that no where else in the history of DD does an energy blast do anything like that to him.

Galan007
Now call into your attention the fact that DS walks over to DS casually. Seeing as how Darkseid got to DD's location as rubble was still falling -- I'd say he was there pretty quick. happy

And also call to your attention that no where else in the history of DD does an energy blast do anything like that to him. So when DD and Radiant first battled, Radiant's energy attacks didn't beat him? confused

I know y'all like Darky and everything, but let's not make this more than it was. smile

Jimmy-Chan
You've read that story huh?

Yes and I've posted the scans before.

second shot of Omega,

You mean he melts the rubble over Doomsday in order to bury him. It was not a force blast. It was a heat blast designed not to hurt Doomsday but to give him a tomb. I guess you can factor it in as a heat attack, but he wasn't directly attacking Doomsday.

He walks away, the molten rubble solidifies into the ground, then Doomsday gets up, grunting as he does so. Do you think all that molten material dried instantaneously?

And seriously, "blasting rampage?" Since when is casually strolling over to someone's motionless body, making a speech, melting some rubble they're buried under, and power walking away a "blasting rampage?"

Doomsday was down long enough that he would've been counted out if it were a boxing match.

Galan007
Yes and I've posted the scans before.

You mean he melts the rubble over Doomsday in order to bury him. It was not a force blast. It was a heat blast designed not to hurt Doomsday but to give him a tomb. I guess you can factor it in as a heat attack, but he wasn't directly attacking Doomsday.

He walks away, the molten rubble solidifies into the ground, then Doomsday gets up, grunting as he does so. Do you think all that molten material dried instantaneously?

And seriously, "blasting rampage?" Since when is casually strolling over to someone's motionless body, making a speech, melting some rubble they're buried under, and power walking away a "blasting rampage?"

Doomsday was down long enough that he would've been counted out if it were a boxing match. Ahhh,
Yet another Darky fanatic... In that case, . happy

Jimmy-Chan
Seeing as how Darkseid got to DD's location as rubble was still falling -- I'd say he was there pretty quick. happy

There is absolutely no rubble falling on the panel where Darkseid is shown emerging from the smoke. There is rubble falling in the previous panel, but panels don't = time. The distance from one panel to another can be less than one second or more than 30 seconds.

The biggest indicator we have of how fast Darkseid got there is the fact that he's drawn casually powerwalking to and from Doomsday in no rush whatsoever. And there's the fact that he was a few stories up and many yards away when he delivered the blast, which sent Doomsday flying even farther away.

Soljer
Ahhh,

Oh, come, Galan. You're better than that. stick out tongue.

Jimmy-Chan
Ahhh,

I'm not the one who just claimed something not shown in the story (rubble falling as Darkseid arrived at Doomsday's body). All I've done is point out obvious facts (the panel showing the rubble had re-solidified, the fact that Darkseid was obviously not walking in a hurry, the lengthy speech) to establish a rough estimate of how long Doomsday was down. In general, if someone has the time to stand over your body and make a speech while you're not even moving, I consider you incapacitated.

But yes, if you want to resort to a logical fallacy (ad hominem) as an out from a civilized debate, feel free to do so.

Galan007
Originally posted by Soljer
Oh, come, Galan. You're better than that. stick out tongue. lol.

I don't really feel like getting into on of those 'circle-forming' kind of debates today. stick out tongue

Galan007
But yes, if you want to resort to a logical fallacy (ad hominem) as an out from a civilized debate, feel free to do so. Did that hurt your feelings or something? durcry

Galan007
All I've done is point out obvious facts (the panel showing the rubble had re-solidified, the fact that Darkseid was obviously not walking in a hurry, the lengthy speech) to establish a rough estimate of how long Doomsday was down. In general, if someone has the time to stand over your body and make a speech while you're not even moving, I consider you incapacitated. Nice edit. thumb up

Anyhow,
What you're really doing is speculating on how long YOU felt it took Darky to get over to DD's location.

That is one of the many reasons I said, "." happy

Jimmy-Chan
Did that hurt your feelings or something? durcry

No, I just find the "YOU'RE BIASED!" stuff on message boards to be childish and a distraction from the topic. I used to get into it myself, but now it doesn't interest me in the least.

Galan007
No, I just find the "YOU'RE BIASED!" stuff on message boards to be childish and a distraction from the topic. I used to get into it myself, but now it doesn't interest me in the least. laughing out loud

Jimmy-Chan
Nice edit. thumb up

Anyhow,
What you're really doing is speculating how how long YOU felt it took Darky to get over to DD's location.

That is one of the many reasons I said, "." happy

And so are you. There's nothing in the comic saying how long Doomsday was down, so the best we can do is make reasonable conjecture based on context clues.

You implied that Doomsday was down longer because of the second blast, ignoring the fact that it was a heat beam whose primary purpose was to melt the rubble.

You also used the fact that the previous panel shows rubble falling, assuming a very short time from one panel to the next.

I pointed out the sheer distance Doomsday was from Darkseid (the fact that DS was on top of a multi-story building when he fired the blast) and the fact that he's drawn walking in a casual manner.

I also noted that Doomsday didn't get up until after the molten rubble had solidifed, which I'm assuming takes 10-20 seconds in the least.

We both used context clues to make our case for the time Doomsday was down. I'm perfectly happy to end the debate, but acting as though you're using different debate tactics than myself is just plain wrong. We both pointed out context clues to try to establish a timeframe that isn't perfectly clear.

Galan007
And so are you. There's nothing in the comic saying how long Doomsday was down, so the best we can do is make reasonable conjecture based on context clues.

You implied that Doomsday was down longer because of the second blast, ignoring the fact that it was a heat beam whose primary purpose was to melt the rubble.

You also used the fact that the previous panel shows rubble falling, assuming a very short time from one panel to the next.

I pointed out the sheer distance Doomsday was from Darkseid (the fact that DS was on top of a multi-story building when he fired the blast) and the fact that he's drawn walking in a casual manner.

I also noted that Doomsday didn't get up until after the molten rubble had solidifed, which I'm assuming takes 10-20 seconds in the least.

We both used context clues to make our case for the time Doomsday was down. I'm perfectly happy to end the debate, but acting as though you're using different debate tactics than myself is just plain wrong. We both pointed out context clues to try to establish a timeframe that isn't perfectly clear. Your long posts won't change the fact that you are still only speculating on timeframes here.

Bottom line,
DD pwned Darky -- and Thanos takes this battle via BFR. happy

nvrbeenwthagirl
Your long posts won't change the fact that you are still only speculating on timeframes here.

Bottom line,

I"ve always hated how ugly you can get when debating sometimes. IT's so unbecoming of a poster of your value.

Galan007
I"ve always hated how ugly you can get when debating sometimes. IT's so unbecoming of a poster of your value. What did I say in the post you quoted that was wrong? smile

nvrbeenwthagirl
What did I say in the post you quoted that was wrong? smile

You know how ugly you can get with your snide insults. Very ugly indeed. Jimmy made excellent points and debated from the very same angle that you were and yet you so easily dismissed him as another DS fan. I don't see you so easily dimissing other fans that way when I think about it, is so easy to do.

Galan007
I don't see you so easily dimissing other fans that way when I think about it, is so easy to do. I don't really do it to anyone beside circle formers like yourself.

And I mainly do that because it's funny how upset you can get over a comic character. stick out tongue

nvrbeenwthagirl
I don't really do it to anyone beside circle formers like yourself.

And I mainly do that because it's funny how upset you can get over a comic character. stick out tongue

I don't care anymore. In my opinion, DS is far more powerful than he was and he was already Odin lvl. So I don't get upset. I now get upset at the treatment of others who's views are just as valid as anyone elses. Especially if it's someone who actually takes the time to present reasonable arguments and respond to every single paragraph. Hell, You know I dont' give two shits about responding to an entire post. So you can't even compare and say anyone is a circle former like me. Cuz I honestly dont' give a damn half the time to respond worth a damned.

Galan007
Cuz I honestly dont' give a damn half the time to respond worth a damned. pretty much my stance on things as of late, also.

Bad Ash231
Doomsday wins.

Kurash
i think i side with Galan on this one

quanchi112
I don't care anymore. In my opinion, DS is far more powerful than he was and he was already Odin lvl. So I don't get upset. I now get upset at the treatment of others who's views are just as valid as anyone elses. Especially if it's someone who actually takes the time to present reasonable arguments and respond to every single paragraph. Hell, You know I dont' give two shits about responding to an entire post. So you can't even compare and say anyone is a circle former like me. Cuz I honestly dont' give a damn half the time to respond worth a damned. Odin >Ds.

That is all.

Bransolute
Not that I care much about this battle... but HP Doomsday is one of the most overrated characters on the forum (all around, not just by fanboys)... IMO. smile

quanchi112
Originally posted by Bransolute
Not that I care much about this battle... but HP Doomsday is one of the most overrated characters on the forum (all around, not just by fanboys)... IMO. smile I agree 100 percent.

Jimmy-Chan
Your long posts won't change the fact that you are still only speculating on timeframes here.

Bottom line,

LOL, okay. I am not "speculating" though. I am making conjecture, same as you.

And yes, DD pwned DS although it was not in a face to face battle. But regardless, he was clearly downed by the blast and hurt enough that he wasn't moving (as evidenced by the fact that he appeared to be dead in Darkseid's view). I am not denying that Darkseid was jobbed for Doomsday's rep. What I disagree with is the blatant downplaying of the effect the blast had on Doomsday and the implication that a face-to-face battle would've gone the same way.

But anyway, since everyone seems to just be going by H/P#3, this is pretty pointless. Doomsday was evolving so fast in #3 that basically the only way to beat him would be to immediately crush him (like Galactus would do) or to attack him metaphysically. Thing is, when the SAME version of Doomsday returned in DD Wars he wasn't evolving quite so fast and Superman managed to rock him some. I think the uber-adaption in DD Wars #3 was basically a one issue plot device so Jurgens could say "hey, he's unbeatable unless you dump him at the end of time."

Kurash
LOL, okay. I am not "speculating" though. I am making conjecture, same as you.

And yes, DD pwned DS although it was not in a face to face battle. But regardless, he was clearly downed by the blast and hurt enough that he wasn't moving (as evidenced by the fact that he appeared to be dead in Darkseid's view). I am not denying that Darkseid was jobbed for Doomsday's rep. What I disagree with is the blatant downplaying of the effect the blast had on Doomsday and the implication that a face-to-face battle would've gone the same way.

But anyway, since everyone seems to just be going by H/P#3, this is pretty pointless. Doomsday was evolving so fast in #3 that basically the only way to beat him would be to immediately crush him (like Galactus would do) or to attack him metaphysically. Thing is, when the SAME version of Doomsday returned in DD Wars he wasn't evolving quite so fast and Superman managed to rock him some. I think the uber-adaption in DD Wars #3 was basically a one issue plot device so Jurgens could say "hey, he's unbeatable unless you dump him at the end of time."

which is why its referred to as strictly H/P DD

Galan007
Not that I care much about this battle... but HP Doomsday is one of the most overrated characters on the forum (all around, not just by fanboys)... IMO. smile So are Thanos and Surfer, but you don't hear me b*tching about that. happy

quanchi112
So are Thanos and Surfer, but you don't hear me b*tching about that. happy This whole forum doesnt overrate these guys anywhere near to the extent that people do with Doomsday. Not even close. Ok so everyone gets the message Thanos and Norrin arent overrated but Doomsday is. Ok,thanks.

nvrbeenwthagirl
This whole forum doesnt overrate these guys anywhere near to the extent that people do with Doomsday. Not even close.

You are correct. DOomsday is no where near as over rated as surfer and thanos are.

quanchi112
You are correct. DOomsday is no where near as over rated as surfer and thanos are. Read what I wrote again and then get back to me when it sits in. They dont overrate Thanos and Surfer at all either. Who does anyways? Most of this forum is brainwashed to think that doomsday cant lose physically and he adapts to anything anyone throws at him on the fly.

nvrbeenwthagirl
Read what I wrote again and then get back to me when it sits in. They dont overrate Thanos and Surfer at all either. Who does anyways? Most of this forum is brainwashed to think that doomsday cant lose physically and he adapts to anything anyone throws at him on the fly.

That is true. Doomsday at that point was shown to not be able to be hurt. He had to BFR into entropy. It's no different than most of the forum saying classic juggernaut can't be hurt physically. And surfer is over rated becuz he is really a big jobber and hardly fights like he can. ANd Thanos is overrated becuz thanos uses a lot of prep and tech and people seem to forget that.

quanchi112
That is true. Doomsday at that point was shown to not be able to be hurt. He had to BFR into entropy. It's no different than most of the forum saying classic juggernaut can't be hurt physically. And surfer is over rated becuz he is really a big jobber and hardly fights like he can. ANd Thanos is overrated becuz thanos uses a lot of prep and tech and people seem to forget that. Thanos didnt use prep when he took on a crazed thor wit the power gem and he held his own.

People seem to forget that Darkseid uses his vast resources to get things done and hides behind an enormous army most of the time.

nvrbeenwthagirl
Thanos didnt use prep when he took on a crazed thor wit the power gem and he held his own.

People seem to forget that Darkseid uses his vast resources to get things done and hides behind an enormous army most of the time.
DS has also been shown to be able to completely kill his enormous army all on his own and ressurect them with but a wave of his hand. Don't you forget that. Thor with the PG is a good feat for Thanos. But it's no better than DS beating the crap out of eclipso.

quanchi112
DS has also been shown to be able to completely kill his enormous army all on his own and ressurect them with but a wave of his hand. Don't you forget that. Thor with the PG is a good feat for Thanos. But it's no better than DS beating the crap out of eclipso. Uhm Thor with the power gem beat everyone elses head in he fought but not Thanos. So yes its a better feat than eclispo by far.

Ds has also had his head beat in by the same guy who might take his life. Uh oh. You better hope orion does the deed.

nvrbeenwthagirl
Uhm Thor with the power gem beat everyone elses head in he fought but not Thanos. So yes its a better feat than eclispo by far.

Ds has also had his head beat in by the same guy who might take his life. Uh oh. You better hope orion does the deed.

Dude are you slow or what? Thanos was turned to stone BEFORE he got an upgrade. Didn't you say that he couldn't be turned anymore due to his upgrade. DS has Gotten an upgrade and a fully repowering. Just shut up with your hippocritial bullshit. I grow sick of you. And there is now way Thor in any state other than Rune king is beating up on eclipso.

quanchi112
Dude are you slow or what? Thanos was turned to stone BEFORE he got an upgrade. Didn't you say that he couldn't be turned anymore due to his upgrade. DS has Gotten an upgrade and a fully repowering. Just shut up with your hippocritial bullshit. I grow sick of you. And there is now way Thor in any state other than Rune king is beating up on eclipso. Ds wont have the ale forever. Its a temporary upgrade. Ds has since still compared superman to himself so nothing really has changed really other than the temp upgrade it seems.

Galan007
Ds wont have the ale forever. Technically,
DS has had a piece of the ALE since the days of "Cosmic Odyssey."

quanchi112
Technically,
DS has had a piece of the ALE since the days of "Cosmic Odyssey." Technically it hasnt helped him that much at all till recently. Orion had it once to but he didnt use it outside the story.

Do you honestly think after this ordea is over they will still keep having Darkseid using the ale? Im sure even if Ds dies hell come back to life eventually.

TricksterPriest
Galan, I can agree that H/P DD shrugged off the OB. But either he took a minute getting out of the rubble, or he was stunned or genuinely dead. Darkseid, even walking quickly, took a minute to get over there. Plus, the rock had cooled from his heat blast. The scans show what I mean.

Galan007
Technically it hasnt helped him that much at all till recently. Orion had it once to but he didnt use it outside the story.

Do you honestly think after this ordea is over they will still keep having Darkseid using the ale? Im sure even if Ds dies hell come back to life eventually. I never said DS has used it since the time of "Cosmic Odyssey."

You commented on DS having part of the ALE, as though it were a brand new thing -- I simply reminded you that he's had it for nearly 20 years now. happy

nvrbeenwthagirl
Technically it hasnt helped him that much at all till recently. Orion had it once to but he didnt use it outside the story.

Do you honestly think after this ordea is over they will still keep having Darkseid using the ale? Im sure even if Ds dies hell come back to life eventually.

He only is "using it" when it's manifest around him in the form of a circular equation. But he has it. IT can't be unlearned.

Galan007
Originally posted by TricksterPriest
Galan, I can agree that H/P DD shrugged off the OB. But either he took a minute getting out of the rubble, or he was stunned or genuinely dead. Darkseid, even walking quickly, took a minute to get over there. Plus, the rock had cooled from his heat blast. The scans show what I mean. Doesn't matter any way you look at it.

By forum rules,
That wouldn't have counted as a win for Darky, .

TricksterPriest
Hell, look at Scott Free. He's had it over 20 years and this is the first time he's been tempted to use it. I expect to see him crack and unleash the full ALE sometime in the story. evil face

TricksterPriest
Doesn't matter any way you look at it.

By forum rules,
That wouldn't have couldn't as a win for Darky, .

Agreed. But at least concede that the OB did more damage than Supes and Waverider combined. wink

nvrbeenwthagirl
Doesn't matter any way you look at it.

By forum rules,
That wouldn't have counted as a win for Darky, .

IF DD was dead, it's a forum win for DS, If DD was knocked out, it was a forum win for DS. If DD was put down for 30 seconds, that is a forum win anyway you look at it for DS. Can't see how it wouldn't be a forum win for DS. I wish DS would have used the OE. The story would have ended tho. sad

Galan007
Agreed. But at least concede that the OB did more damage than Supes and Waverider combined. wink I don't think so.

The first chronal attack Waverider used, did quite a bit of damage to DD.

Galan007
IF DD was dead, it's a forum win for DS, If DD was knocked out, it was a forum win for DS. If DD was put down for 30 seconds, that is a forum win anyway you look at it for DS. Thing is,
You can't prove any of that.

If we simply look at what happened on the scans, we can logically deduce that DD was up in a reasonable amount of time.

nvrbeenwthagirl
Thing is,
You can't prove any of that.

If we simply look at what happened on the scans, we can logically deduce that DD was up in a reasonable amount of time.

I can't logically deduce that since DS is walking from some distance and giving a monologue.

Galan007
I can't logically deduce that since DS is walking from some distance and giving a monologue. A monologue?

As DS is walking away, all he has time to say is "at the feet of Darkseid", (5 words) -- before DD was already busting out of the rubble.

In my eyes,
It would seem that DD was up very rapidly.

srug

But meh,
I've stated my piece, as have you -- No point in continuing.

Bad Ash231
It doesn't matter how f*cking long Doomsday was down.

The OE failed and Darkseid got beaten like a child.

nvrbeenwthagirl
Originally posted by Bad Ash231

The OE failed and Darkseid got beaten like a child.

The OE didn't fail. The OE was never fired.

Galan007
Originally posted by Bad Ash231

The OE failed and Darkseid got beaten like a child. Go Ash!!

nvrbeenwthagirl
Go Ash!!

You can spur him on when his info is correct.

quanchi112
The OE didn't fail. The OE was never fired. Point is Darkseid didnt kill him or ko him all he did was piss doomsday off and when he got his hands on Darkseid it was lights out. It was a beatdown I say a beatdown.

quanchi112
You can spur him on when his info is correct. You are wrong and you know it. Face it Darkseid cant even hang for a moment with Doomsday in a physical contest. In that story

Doomsday>Darkseid and his whole stinking planet

Bad Ash231
The OE didn't fail. The OE was never fired.

What are you talking about?

http://i165.photobucket.com/albums/u43/Galan007/oe_dd1.jpg

http://i165.photobucket.com/albums/u43/Galan007/oe_dd2.jpg

nvrbeenwthagirl
You are wrong and you know it. Face it Darkseid cant even hang for a moment with Doomsday in a physical contest. In that story

DS never fired the Omega Effect. This was also pre upgraded Granny Goodness, Kalibak, resurrected Elite,and upgraded DS.

jasofisc
You are wrong and you know it. Face it Darkseid cant even hang for a moment with Doomsday in a physical contest. In that story

um you do know that that darkseid was a clone made by dessad right?

quanchi112
DS never fired the Omega Effect. This was also pre upgraded Granny Goodness, Kalibak, resurrected Elite,and upgraded DS. Ds still sees Superman as his equal and in this story Doomsday was more than both combined physically.

quanchi112
Originally posted by jasofisc
um you do know that that darkseid was a clone made by dessad right? Show me the scan proving this.

Bad Ash231
um you do know that that darkseid was a clown made by dessad right?

That explains everything.

jasofisc
I don't have the scan I don't have a scaner period but I think it's in the darkseid respect thread

TricksterPriest
Then you better look it up. Because I've never seen a scan saying that.

quanchi112
I don't have the scan I don't have a scaner period but I think it's in the darkseid respect thread Find it becuz no one else has seen it. I mean come on here no one falls for this. If it was out there dont you think someone would have brought it up by now.

jasofisc

I don't want too.

nvrbeenwthagirl

Mum's the word on that too. Altho I DS did say that He had never physically been beaten before APOK now. And since we take DS word for it here, Then that would mean DD didn't beat The real DS.

quanchi112
I don't want too. Becuz we have called out your bluff. laughing

quanchi112
Mum's the word on that too. Altho I DS did say that He had never physically been beaten before APOK now. And since we take DS word for it here, Then that would mean DD didn't beat The real DS. Please tell me you arent serious.

laughing out loud laughing

nvrbeenwthagirl
Please tell me you arent serious.

laughing out loud laughing

I am. if you can take DS word for it that Superman is his physical rival, then how come you can't take his word for it that he had never been beaten before then? Sounds like you might be a hippocrit.

jasofisc
Becuz we have called out your bluff. laughing

no because Its been brought up before in several other threads and I don't feel like searching for it.

Bransolute
So are Thanos and Surfer, but you don't hear me b*tching about that. happy However, neither Surfer or Thanos are judged purely on one tiny series. smile

Also, what does Surfer have to do with this thread?

Jimmy-Chan
Actually the Desaad retcon was of Action Comics#586 and the appearance in Dr. Fate, not H/P.

quanchi112
I am. if you can take DS word for it that Superman is his physical rival, then how come you can't take his word for it that he had never been beaten before then? Sounds like you might be a hippocrit. Darkdeid would lie and try to intimidate his foes but when he is thinking to himself he wouldnt lie can you see the difference.

laughing

quanchi112
Actually the Desaad retcon was of Action Comics#586 and the appearance in Dr. Fate, not H/P. You tell jasofisc I mean where did this guy come from who made a ludicrous claim and then say I dont feel like proving it. No one was fooled by this guy not a person here.

nvrbeenwthagirl
Darkdeid would lie and try to intimidate his foes but when he is thinking to himself he wouldnt lie can you see the difference.

laughing

DS has faced superman many times. He wouldn't lie to superman. even superman had said previously that he thought it was impossible to physically beat DS.

Bransolute
even superman had said previously that he thought it was impossible to physically beat DS. What was that... Pre-Crisis?

TricksterPriest
He said that in H/P.

quanchi112
DS has faced superman many times. He wouldn't lie to superman. even superman had said previously that he thought it was impossible to physically beat DS. Yeah and Superman was wrong. He had to give ds cpr to bring him back practically.

Sirius77

Ds blast didn't incapacitate him, he came right back and defeated ds viciously... Also, the imperiex example isn't even the same dd... way different version, lol. Also, I doubt that energy blasts will do anything to dd after two panels..

Also, keep in mind, it took the force of the big bang of the dcu to stop dd. And by stop I don't mean kill, because he just came back in a different form.

Bransolute
He said that in H/P. Not that I recall... but I thought nvr was responding to Superman Confidential.

---
Also, how can that ring true anyway, since Superman defeated Darkseid before (although it was Desaad or whatnot, but still... Superman didn't know that)?

nvrbeenwthagirl
Not that I recall... but I thought nvr was responding to Superman Confidential.

---
Also, how can that ring true anyway, since Superman defeated Darkseid before (although it was Desaad or whatnot, but still... Superman didn't know that)?

Who to say that Superman didn't find out later. Obviously somehow he knew something since he is the one who thought it to himself.

Bransolute
Who to say that Superman didn't find out later. Obviously somehow he knew something since he is the one who thought it to himself. no expression

Desaad
Its more likely that he didn't believe he physically beat Darkseid in the last bout, because he simply tricked him into hitting himself with his own attack.

Bransolute
Its more likely that he didn't believe he physically beat Darkseid in the last bout, because he simply tricked him into hitting himself with his own attack. Perhaps (more logical than what nvr said)... but he did knock him around pretty good.

Galan007
Also, what does Surfer have to do with this thread? Nothing.

I was just trying to piss you off -- Did it work? happy

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.