Cyborg vs Darkseid(slugfest no omega effect)

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

quanchi112
Do the recent sinestro rings give Cyborg the edge here in this physical matchup? There is no ale here it is Darkseid at his normal power levels here in a brawl with Cyborg. It is to the death people.

Kurash
just a slugfest? probably henshaw

Kurash
by the way quanchi, its good to see youre branching out in your debates with the characters you use . . . oh wait

quanchi112
Originally posted by Kurash
by the way quanchi, its good to see youre branching out in your debates with the characters you use . . . oh wait You know which characters I like to talk about. Youll see a different quanchi in the ww hulk vs thor debate.

Kurash
Originally posted by quanchi112
You know which characters I like to talk about. Youll see a different quanchi in the ww hulk vs thor debate.

laughing i hope so, itll be interesting, i cant imagine a quanchi in a debate without bringing up DS or thanos so itll be quite a change

Kurash
by the way do you all have judges (i highly doubt youd accept me but figured id ask)

quanchi112
by the way do you all have judges (i highly doubt youd accept me but figured id ask) Ill keep it in mind.

quanchi112
How come you havent participated in a battlezone yet?

Priest
Henshaw without the rings

Jimmy-Chan
I haven't been keeping up with Sinestro Corps, but last time I saw Henshaw was when he fought Hal. Judging by that portrayal Darkseid would curbstomp him as DS has above top tier physical stats. I saw the scans referencing Henshaw in a battle with Supergirl and Superman, but I didn't see the fight itself.

Kurash
How come you havent participated in a battlezone yet?

ive been thinkin about it, but i dont even have any comics with me right now, being that I'm at college and I left all of them at home, so id be way unprepared for a BZ, and id hate to have to rely soley on others respect threads for scans and context etc.

Symmetric Chaos
Cyborg

Jimmy-Chan
Curious, why all these votes for Cyborg? What has he done that's so impressive in Sinestro Corps?

Symmetric Chaos
Originally posted by Jimmy-Chan
Curious, why all these votes for Cyborg? What has he done that's so impressive in Sinestro Corps?

Beat the stuffing out of Superman without much effort.

Mr.Biscuits
Curb stomp Superman?

Kurash

he doesnt really show much wear from physical damage and heals pretty quick too

Jimmy-Chan
Examples? Last time I saw him against Hal, he was getting his arm chopped off by a GL.

Kurash
he got a hole blasted through him from Hal (which from the looks of the next panel was not there, showing he immediately began regerating), then a cheap shot from Arisia which cut his arm off. Then he took a blast from Hal and Arisia that was 100x their normal power and he began regenerating immediately after that. He also took a blast from parallax in the stomach and healed it within 2 or 3 continuous panels.

Jimmy-Chan
'
If we're talking about the GL fight back in GL's title then I remember his jaw being knocked off by one shot from Hal and him needing a few panels to re-adjust it.

Now this stuff involving Parallax and Superman sounds uber. Was it with his Sinestro rings?

Desaad
Yeah, he beat Superman into unconsciousness in about 2 pages.

He was later beaten by Powergirl, Supergirl and Superman combined.

Kurash
'
If we're talking about the GL fight back in GL's title then I remember his jaw being knocked off by one shot from Hal and him needing a few panels to re-adjust it.

Now this stuff involving Parallax and Superman sounds uber. Was it with his Sinestro rings?

he has beaten superman pretty bad with the rings and without (but supes has gotten some victories too, albeit Cyborgs are more impressive). The parallax feat wasnt with his rings . . . he healed a blast to the stomach pretty quickly and he destroyed a pretty big construct that Parallax created. Parallax I think reduced him to a cube or soemthing like that, dont remember.

Desaad
When did he physically beat Superman without the rings?

Jimmy-Chan
Did he do it with the rings?

That sounds like a very high end showing judging by his fight with Hal and past fights with Superman. I would normally just consider it to be a high end outlier, but if this stuff with Parallax is true then it sounds like he's being upgraded as a threat.

Sirius77
If this is ds without the oe, then probably cyborg. Because isn't the oe his power sourc?

Kurash
Originally posted by Desaad
When did he physically beat Superman without the rings?

ill have to look that up im prett sure he did once. ANd he one-shotted Superman with an energy blast without his rings

Kurash
Did he do it with the rings?

That sounds like a very high end showing judging by his fight with Hal and past fights with Superman. I would normally just consider it to be a high end outlier, but if this stuff with Parallax is true then it sounds like he's being upgraded as a threat.

yeah without the rings, he didnt harm Parallax, but he did last several pages with him, regenerating from a blast and destroying one of his constructs. Still i consider that impressive considering how powerful parallax was

Jimmy-Chan
Wait, are you talking about way back during Zero Hour?

If all we have is one high end showing of him beating Superman with the rings, then I'm sticking with Darkseid. Hal Jordan recently went toe to toe with Cyborg WITH the rings, and Superman has gotten the better of Cyborg physically more than once in the past. Darkseid has owned Superman before as well. I don't think one high end showing puts Cyborg above top tier physically. Darkseid has numerous showings of easily overpowering top tiers HTH. He'e established as above top tier physically.

The only time I'm aware of where Cyborg beat Superman in the past was in The Trial of Superman where he was massively amped by technology. In the same story, Superman pummelled him with a speedblitz for a KO later on.

Jimmy-Chan
Re: Cyborg one-shotting Superman, do you mean the sucker blast in H/P?

Kurash
Re: Cyborg one-shotting Superman, do you mean the sucker blast in H/P?

no, and he did take down superman blue, hold on let me see if i can find a scan or two

Kurash
http://img264.imageshack.us/my.php?image=superman107p14lc6.jpg
http://img264.imageshack.us/my.php?image=superman107p15zk1.jpg
http://img264.imageshack.us/my.php?image=superman107p19ek2.jpg
http://img264.imageshack.us/my.php?image=superman107p20hf5.jpg

Hope those work, thats Cyborg taking out Steel, Superboy, Supergirl and Eradicator at the same time (not all physical)

http://img406.imageshack.us/my.php?image=electricsupermansagapagyo1.jpg

heres the end of a fight Cyborg has had with superman, just him talking about it a little, cant find the rest of the fight so i guess you can take that one with a grain of salt

http://img235.imageshack.us/my.php?image=superman108p12st7.jpg
http://img235.imageshack.us/my.php?image=superman108p13jg5.jpg

takes a shot from sueps and comes back, one-shottin him with an energy attack

http://img413.imageshack.us/my.php?image=19760241tz9.jpg
http://img171.imageshack.us/my.php?image=87485041qk1.jpg
http://img297.imageshack.us/my.php?image=58614727og1.jpg

Recent battle between the two

Hope the links work, I know this isnt all physical, but im not really tryin to argue that, just thought Id show some feats just to show what hes capable of, scans courtesy of Avlon

Jimmy-Chan
I'm almost positive the scans of Cyborg one-shotting Supes were when he was powered up by the energy of what IIRC was an entire planet in the Tirial of Superman. In the same story Superman beat him with a speed blitz once he was cut off from that power. He had a good showing owning the team though.

Kurash
I'm almost positive the scans of Cyborg one-shotting Supes were when he was powered up by the energy of what IIRC was an entire planet in the Tirial of Superman. In the same story Superman beat him with a speed blitz once he was cut off from that power. He had a good showing owning the team though.

i think it was, im not 100% sure though, but what was the context that he channeled that energy in Trial of Superman? Was it through his techno powers?

and the ownage on the team was impressive

DS couldnt kill him in a slugfest but depending on Hanks regen abilities he could possibly tear Cyborg apart before his regen kicks in which i guess if he could briefly incapacitate him would result in a win for DS. Cyborg is on par with Supes though so it could go either way. Just depends

Jimmy-Chan
IIRC Cyborg used his technology powers to take control of some techno-planet and channelled its juice through him. I remember people using that as a feat showing the scale of his tech powers.

Thing is I think Darkseid in general is well above Superman physically unless he's sun-amped. Yeah Darkseid has lost to Superman HTH but he also manhandled Superman and other top tiers more often. I think he's done enough to say he's above top tier on average.

You're right in that Darkseid couldn't kill Cyborg which would be a problem but I think he could rip him into small pieces as Cyborg's trying to regenerate. Thing is Cyborg's machine parts seem more vulnerable to being broken than they would if they were flesh. Like was back in Reign of The Superman, the depowered Superman (he was like 1/10 the strength of normal Supes) managed to knock Henshaw's jaw off after he was stunned by The Eradicator's blast. And there's Arisya chopping his arm off. It seems like it's easier to break off parts of Cyborg's body that it is to rip off a class 100 arm, although he regenerates well.

In this case he would only be allowed to regenerate back into his original form though, correct? He wouldn't be allowed to integrate outside tech to make himself stronger ...

Kurash
IIRC Cyborg used his technology powers to take control of some techno-planet and channelled its juice through him. I remember people using that as a feat showing the scale of his tech powers.

Thing is I think Darkseid in general is well above Superman physically unless he's sun-amped. Yeah Darkseid has lost to Superman HTH but he also manhandled Superman and other top tiers more often. I think he's done enough to say he's above top tier on average.

You're right in that Darkseid couldn't kill Cyborg which would be a problem but I think he could rip him into small pieces as Cyborg's trying to regenerate. Thing is Cyborg's machine parts seem more vulnerable to being broken than they would if they were flesh. Like was back in Reign of The Superman, the depowered Superman (he was like 1/10 the strength of normal Supes) managed to knock Henshaw's jaw off after he was stunned by The Eradicator's blast. And there's Arisya chopping his arm off. It seems like it's easier to break off parts of Cyborg's body that it is to rip off a class 100 arm, although he regenerates well.

In this case he would only be allowed to regenerate back into his original form though, correct? He wouldn't be allowed to integrate outside tech to make himself stronger ...

Thats how I thought he got his upgrade, not that it would matter here cause I dont think that would be allowed in a pure slugfest

i agree though that it would depend on how fast cyborgs regen is . . . i think based on his recent showing he could definately do some damage if he hit DS, not nearly as much as DS would do if he hit Hank though. I agree that DS is above a non smped Supes so he does have the strength advantage. It just depends I guess, sometimes it seems Hank can heal pretty quickly when he focuses on it, other times the writer doesnt really implement it as much.

im up in the air on this one

Avlon
Cyborg one shotted Supes long before he took over the planet.
There was no tech amp in that battle.

And Darkseid is not physically above Superman. There was no amp in apokolips now...and no sun anywhere in sight. In S/B, Superman wasn't by the sun long enough to have a dramatic difference either...outside of a stamina boost.

In H/P, it took both Superman and DS Omega effect at *PEAK* efficiency to put Borg away. While DS was completely healed, he did not try to engage Borg physically...letting Superman battle him. Those advantages have been removed here so it's a physical battle.

Physical battle is Henshaws to win. Like DS, Henshaw has smacked down top-tiers, has an insane healing, and has his own share of dirty tricks.

Galan007
Without the OE -- Henshaw ftw.

Soljer
Originally posted by Galan007
Without the OE -- Henshaw ftw.

Gecko4lif
in a pure slugfest Cyborg has no chance

In a real fight thou i could see Cyborg aking 2-3/10

Symmetric Chaos
Originally posted by Gecko4lif

In a real fight thou i could see Cyborg aking 2-3/10

That doesn't really make much sense.

Gecko4lif
Originally posted by Symmetric Chaos
That doesn't really make much sense.
slugfest implies using just fist

A real fight uses enviorment, powers, strategies etc

Symmetric Chaos
slugfest implies using just fist

A real fight uses enviorment, powers, strategies etc

I know that. What advantage do you see Darksied having if they're just hitting each other?

Gecko4lif
I know that. What advantage do you see Darksied having if they're just hitting each other?
A Enormous strength advantage

Symmetric Chaos
A Enormous strength advantage

Even though Cyborg just curbstomped a person that DS acknowledges as a physical equal?

Gecko4lif
Even though Cyborg just curbstomped a person that DS acknowledges as a physical equal?
He didnt acknowledge him as his equal

Symmetric Chaos
He didnt acknowledge him as his equal

"His physical strength rivals my own" - Darkseid in direct reference to Superman

nvrbeenwthagirl
"His physical strength rivals my own" - Darkseid in direct reference to Superman

Wonder Woman and Captain Marvel Rival Superman's strength too. Doesn't mean they are equal.

Symmetric Chaos
Originally posted by nvrbeenwthagirl
Wonder Woman and Captain Marvel Rival Superman's strength too. Doesn't mean they are equal.

Strawman. Cyborg utterly destroyed Superman whereas neither of those two have managed such a feat hand to hand.

Rivaling his strength does mean nearly equal, exactly equal or (in some interpretations) beyond erm

Kutulu
Darkseid gets his ass kicked in this scenario.

Cyrborg FTW 10/10.

quanchi112
He didnt acknowledge him as his equal Did you read the comic?

quanchi112
Wonder Woman and Captain Marvel Rival Superman's strength too. Doesn't mean they are equal. Well have wonder woman or captain marvel made superman beg for quarter becuz their face hurt?

nvrbeenwthagirl
Strawman. Cyborg utterly destroyed Superman whereas neither of those two have managed such a feat hand to hand.

Rivaling his strength does mean nearly equal, exactly equal or (in some interpretations) beyond erm

NO. Let me explain something to you. Target is Walmart's Biggest Rival. Is Target anywhere near as big or powerful as Walmart. Nope. I hope the lesson is learned.

quanchi112

In a real fight thou i could see Cyborg aking 2-3/10 Cyborg would pund him into submission. Darkseid needs his omega to put down cyborg and since he doesnt have it well he loses to cyborg.

quanchi112
NO. Let me explain something to you. Target is Walmart's Biggest Rival. Is Target anywhere near as big or powerful as Walmart. Nope. I hope the lesson is learned. I would drop your class if you were the professor with these hairballed analogies and nonsensical jargon.

nvrbeenwthagirl
I would drop your class if you were the professor with these hairballed analogies and nonsensical jargon.

Actually your lil intellect isn't enough to understand what I'm saying. You would fail the class becuz you are too simple to understand the complex nature of business. Target is Walmart's biggest rival becuz they hold the next largest market share. But they aren't as big as walmart by any means. You have failed.

quanchi112
Actually your lil intellect isn't enough to understand what I'm saying. You would fail the class becuz you are too simple to understand the complex nature of business. Target is Walmart's biggest rival becuz they hold the next largest market share. But they aren't as big as walmart by any means. You have failed. Only you would try tying in a darkseid statement to walmart's competition.

Lets just say you wouldnt last long in the teaching profession.

Kutulu
I would drop your class if you were the professor with these hairballed analogies and nonsensical jargon.

flol

nvrbeenwthagirl
Only you would try tying in a darkseid statement to walmart's competition.

Lets just say you wouldnt last long in the teaching profession.

Only an idiot would see rival as meaning equal. Superman and Orion are stated on Panel as being evenly Matched. Thus it's in writing that they are equal. Rivals are not always equals. DO you know that THanos considers Adam warlock and Surfer as his rivals. Are they his equals? YOu have been undone again quan. Stop now while you are ahead.

quanchi112
Only an idiot would see rival as meaning equal. Superman and Orion are stated on Panel as being evenly Matched. Thus it's in writing that they are equal. Rivals are not always equals. DO you know that THanos considers Adam warlock and Surfer as his rivals. Are they his equals? YOu have been undone again quan. Stop now while you are ahead. Uhm but superman has beaten darkseid down physically. Not his rival overall but physically hell yeah.

Surfer has never beaten Thanos not once, you fail quit while your behind.

nvrbeenwthagirl
Uhm but superman has beaten darkseid down physically. Not his rival overall but physically hell yeah.

Surfer has never beaten Thanos not once, you fail quit while your behind.

Fail. DS says out of his mouth that Superman's physical might rivals his own. Superman has one win over PREUPGRADED DS. ONE Win. Surfer hasn't beaten Thanos once, but surfer has powered a machine meant only for UPGRADED thanos. I guess since Drax beat thanos, he superior to surfer. Quit now. Your silly logic failed. You feel stupid becuz my analogy about walmart makes perfect sense. But your hard head couldn't see it for own lack of insight.

Kurash
i still say it matters on how fast Hank's regen is kickin and what counts as a "KO" in this fight

quanchi112
Fail. DS says out of his mouth that Superman's physical might rivals his own. Superman has one win over PREUPGRADED DS. ONE Win. Surfer hasn't beaten Thanos once, but surfer has powered a machine meant only for UPGRADED thanos. I guess since Drax beat thanos, he superior to surfer. Quit now. Your silly logic failed. You feel stupid becuz my analogy about walmart makes perfect sense. But your hard head couldn't see it for own lack of insight. Superman also has a stalemate and a source wall win over Ds. So you fail and I love that Ds credits superman while you still run and hide from this.

Until surfer beats Thanos you have nothing but speculation while i have canon Ds defeats while you say hes been upgraded wait till they meet again!!!!!!

laughing laughing

nvrbeenwthagirl
Superman also has a stalemate and a source wall win over Ds. So you fail and I love that Ds credits superman while you still run and hide from this.

Until surfer beats Thanos you have nothing but speculation while i have canon Ds defeats while you say hes been upgraded wait till they meet again!!!!!!

laughing laughing

YOu are severly limited in intellect. Orion is SHOWN as superman's equal. And yet DS does nothing but wave his hand and pwns Orion. Until further notice, you are the same retarded quan that came here months ago. You haven't changed.

quanchi112
YOu are severly limited in intellect. Orion is SHOWN as superman's equal. And yet DS does nothing but wave his hand and pwns Orion. Until further notice, you are the same retarded quan that came here months ago. You haven't changed. Why must you bring up abc logic when we have Darkseid against Superman. It isnt needed nver old boy. Who cares of Orion stomps his ass becuz that still wouldnt change Ds memories of submitting to superman. Orion handles superman better than Ds while Superman handles Ds better than orion does.

laughing

nvrbeenwthagirl
Why must you bring up abc logic when we have Darkseid against Superman. It isnt needed nver old boy. Who cares of Orion stomps his ass becuz that still wouldnt change Ds memories of submitting to superman. Orion handles superman better than Ds while Superman handles Ds better than orion does.

laughing

And Drax handles Thanos better than PG WM Thor does. big grin Weak old drax.

quanchi112
And Drax handles Thanos better than PG WM Thor does. big grin Weak old drax. Cheapshot and a silver bullet can accomplish some whacky things.

nvrbeenwthagirl
Cheapshot and a silver bullet can accomplish some whacky things.

Superman can accomplish more wacky things. Saving the omniverse, Hurting Mageddon, beating Dominus, ect.

Kurash
yo quanchi what consitutes as a KO in this fight. What if cyborg is torn apart temporarily?

Avlon
yo quanchi what consitutes as a KO in this fight. What if cyborg is torn apart temporarily?

Borg can make his cybernetic side invulnerable. In the trial of Superman...Borg made his body so invulnerable that Superman stated that there was no way to hurt it. Even in the last showing vs powergirl, Supergirl, and Supes his body wasn't torn apart.

Kurash
Originally posted by Avlon
Borg can make his cybernetic side invulnerable. In the trial of Superman...Borg made his body so invulnerable that Superman stated that there was no way to hurt it. Even in the last showing vs powergirl, Supergirl, and Supes his body wasn't torn apart.

is it a normal power he has though, or does he have to harness the tech aorund him to make himself more powerful?

Kutulu

A knockout is exactly that - character is rendered unconscious, that's the normal KMC rules AFAIK, unless OP specifies otherwise.

Cyborg has a pretty good showing to back him up after he put the hurting on Superman during their last encounter. The whole fight was pretty one-sided as far as Cyborg kicking ass.

Avlon
is it a normal power he has though, or does he have to harness the tech aorund him to make himself more powerful?

It's completely normal. When he uses tech, it's for upgrades for weaponry or linking to other machines. He can transmute materials...they guy has made living kryptonian skin out of a basketball.

Kurash
Originally posted by Kutulu
A knockout is exactly that - character is rendered unconscious, that's the normal KMC rules AFAIK, unless OP specifies otherwise.

Cyborg has a pretty good showing to back him up after he put the hurting on Superman during their last encounter. The whole fight was pretty one-sided as far as Cyborg kicking ass.

yeah but youre not going to render Borg unconcious via physical and youre not going to kill him physically either, so unless the stipulations have been changed for this fight in regards to the standard KO then theres no way DS wins. Hank just repairs any damage and he definately has the strength, speed, etc. to knock out DS

Kurash
It's completely normal. When he uses tech, it's for upgrades for weaponry or linking to other machines. He can transmute materials...they guy has made living kryptonian skin out of a basketball.

k gotcha, do you possibly have scans? I believe ya, but that would be a cool thing to see, I didnt know he had done that . . . is it in the respect thread?

Avlon
k gotcha, do you possibly have scans? I believe ya, but that would be a cool thing to see, I didnt know he had done that . . . is it in the respect thread?

It's in the respect thread...when he first appears to toyman. Check out the stuff he's made out of before fully transforming into Cyborg.

Kurash
It's in the respect thread...when he first appears to toyman. Check out the stuff he's made out of before fully transforming into Cyborg.

will do, thanks Avlon

quanchi112
Superman can accomplish more wacky things. Saving the omniverse, Hurting Mageddon, beating Dominus, ect. He wasnt created for the sole purpose of killing Darkseid now was he?

quanchi112
yo quanchi what consitutes as a KO in this fight. What if cyborg is torn apart temporarily? Yes if that would happen Ds would win this fight.

nvrbeenwthagirl
He wasnt created for the sole purpose of killing Darkseid now was he?

I think you will be very upset at the end of TDOTNG becuz that is what it looks like it's coming down to. Or some other explaination of the source and superman's connection to the events in the book.

quanchi112
I think you will be very upset at the end of TDOTNG becuz that is what it looks like it's coming down to. Or some other explaination of the source and superman's connection to the events in the book. I still think they should have Orion kill Darkseid and honor kirbys legacy but im not writing it now am I and all any of us can do is speculate.

Jimmy-Chan
In the Trial of Superman, Cyborg was powering himself up via outside tech and got KOed by a Superman speedblitz when he was cut off from it. I've really never seem him amp his stats without integrating outside tech.

Jimmy-Chan

Physical might. And rivals, not equals. WW has been stated to rival Superman's strength before, but it was always clear that he was stronger. In Superman Confidential, Darkseid just pimphanded Superman. Yes, I know it's pre-death Superman, but Henshaw was cloned after pre-death Superman. Darkseid also manhandled Orion in Legion and took a shot from Supergirl to no effect, all fairly recently.

I don't like how people on message boards tend to jump on or off bandwagons based on the latest showing. Cyborg has a history of being a class 100 character on average while Darkseid has been noticably above class 100 in the majority of his portrayals. It wasn't long ago when Hal stood toe-to-toe with this amped Cyborg, punched his jaw off, and Arisya cut his arm off.

I don't want to get into nvr and quanchi's argument, but one thing: if you consider the fight between Superman and Darkseid in Adv.#595 a "stalemate" then I think you would have to say Surfer stalemated Thanos in SS#59 I think it was (IG tie-in). Both fights were brief, even physical battles.

quanchi112
Physical might. And rivals, not equals. WW has been stated to rival Superman's strength before, but it was always clear that he was stronger. In Superman Confidential, Darkseid just pimphanded Superman. Yes, I know it's pre-death Superman, but Henshaw was cloned after pre-death Superman. Darkseid also manhandled Orion in Legion and took a shot from Supergirl to no effect, all fairly recently.

I don't like how people on message boards tend to jump on or off bandwagons based on the latest showing. Cyborg has a history of being a class 100 character on average while Darkseid has been noticably above class 100 in the majority of his portrayals. It wasn't long ago when Hal stood toe-to-toe with this amped Cyborg, punched his jaw off, and Arisya cut his arm off.

I don't want to get into nvr and quanchi's argument, but one thing: if you consider the fight between Superman and Darkseid in Adv.#595 a "stalemate" then I think you would have to say Surfer stalemated Thanos in SS#59 I think it was (IG tie-in). Both fights were brief, even physical battles. This cyborg is the one with the sinestro rings so all past comparsions dont really mean anything with cyborg now. Cyborg showed how above superman he was with this amp and I believe he would pound Darkseid physically here as well.

Sirius77
henshaw.

Avlon
If we are going to go by what's been said...

Borg has said "I am more powerful than you" on more than one occasion to Superman.

The cosmic judges from the Trials saga tended to agree with Borg on it too.

Oh, and not only can Borg make his cybernetic half almost completely invulnerable...he could do the opposite as well...make it completely malleable to the point that it's like fighting mud.

quanchi112
The majority of opinion has cyborg winning this thus far becuz physically here hed be way to much for Darkseid who relies on his omega effect to much.

TricksterPriest
DS doesn't the OE to beat Borg. But a slugfest handicaps him severely and makes the fight idiotic. You can;t take Borg in a slugfest if he's using his powers at all.

quanchi112
Originally posted by TricksterPriest
DS doesn't the OE to beat Borg. But a slugfest handicaps him severely and makes the fight idiotic. You can;t take Borg in a slugfest if he's using his powers at all. Well in hunter and prey Ds needed the oe to take him out. he had superman fight him after he rescued Ds so he could take the time to recover to fire the oe at full power.

TricksterPriest
That was a poorly written Darkseid.

quanchi112
That was a poorly written Darkseid. Becuz he lost no doubt. Look man its canon and quit with all your excuses.

TricksterPriest
Not cause he lost to H/P DD. No. It was Jurgens not having a god damn clue about how to write him.

And don't you dare tell me to shut up with the excuses. you are far worse.

quanchi112
Not cause he lost to H/P DD. No. It was Jurgens not having a god damn clue about how to write him.

And don't you dare tell me to shut up with the excuses. you are far worse. Nope not even close. I actually am not. From now on I will act like you and show you how silly it is. Ill pull a trick and scream it must have been loeb or that the writer was an idiot and he didnt get the memo that Darkseid cant lose. laughing

Kurash
Becuz he lost no doubt. Look man its canon and quit with all your excuses.

so is thanos losing to squirrel girl smile

quanchi112
so is thanos losing to squirrel girl smile Nah its squirrel girl shes a joke. Thanos has never mentioned it and it hasnt been canonized by any other book outside her silly crappy comic. But if you truly believe yourself that she is canon she is pretty unbeatable in her own comic.

Bransolute
Nah its squirrel girl shes a joke. Thanos has never mentioned it and it hasnt been canonized by any other book outside her silly crappy comic. But if you truly believe yourself that she is canon she is pretty unbeatable in her own comic. No, it's canon... SG's just really, really, really, really powerful. smile

quanchi112
Originally posted by Bransolute
No, it's canon... SG's just really, really, really, really powerful. smile I persoanlly find what goes on in her comic as ridiculous not to mention the fact that Thanos was trying to bring down the multiverse. Dont you agree that he was acting out of character and like aclone. They covered their ass with the watcher there but it was a poorly written comic. I read it once and then was upset with myself for having read this crappy comic where a team took on christmas trees.

Kurash
I persoanlly find what goes on in her comic as ridiculous not to mention the fact that Thanos was trying to bring down the multiverse. Dont you agree that he was acting out of character and like aclone. They covered their ass with the watcher there but it was a poorly written comic. I read it once and then was upset with myself for having read this crappy comic where a team took on christmas trees.

it is ridiculous i agree, but it is canon

Rhinoceros

I don't want to get into nvr and quanchi's argument, but one thing: if you consider the fight between Superman and Darkseid in Adv.#595 a "stalemate" then I think you would have to say Surfer stalemated Thanos in SS#59 I think it was (IG tie-in). Both fights were brief, even physical battles.

Oh, a rational debater. That's not something we see here much. smile
I don't really care much for DC, but your post was good. cool

quanchi112
it is ridiculous i agree, but it is canon Nah it was out of character and never mentioned outside this comic. You can choose to think that but I dont.

Bad Ash231
I persoanlly find what goes on in her comic as ridiculous not to mention the fact that Thanos was trying to bring down the multiverse. Dont you agree that he was acting out of character and like a clone. They covered their ass with the watcher there but it was a poorly written comic. I read it once and then was upset with myself for having read this crappy comic where a team took on christmas trees.

Nah it was out of character and never mentioned outside this comic. You can choose to think that but I dont.

Haha.

Quanchi acting like a fanboy.

Desaad
Nah it was out of character and never mentioned outside this comic. You can choose to think that but I dont.

Well this doesn't really make a lot of sense, does it?

Aren't you the one who says we can't disregard bad showings based on the fact that we don't like it?

Can we disregard Apokolips Now! then as well?

It was out of character, and I don't believe its ever been mentioned outside of that comic.

Desaad
I think a probably worse showing for Thanos was his clone's showing against She Hulk, where he is taken out quickly and efficiently.

Now you might say "its a clone!", but the clone was identical to Thanos in every way...totally indistinguishable from the real Thanos, even by some cosmically aware beings.

That means he was at the same power level.

Thats a pretty bad one.

Symmetric Chaos
Physical might. And rivals, not equals.

What other aspect of his powers would apply in a slugfest?

And yes I am ignoring the entire rest of your post.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.