Question: Can ANYONE beat Classic Beyonder?

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Violent2Dope
Who can? Post reasons why.

Symmetric Chaos
edit

You changed something

lordboo
Originally posted by Violent2Dope

besides toaa,hota wielder, imo no one from marvel

lordboo
Originally posted by lordboo
double post

Sirius77
presence. Luc, Micheal, Full powered specter..

Erik-Lensherr
Quite a few.

But then again, there's no point in discussing a character that has never been that powerfull, thus the retcon.

Air Legend
Originally posted by Violent2Dope
Nope. He had the power of the writers.

Bransolute
Originally posted by Air Legend
Nope. He had the power of the writers. And every other character has the power of the editors...

Yuk, yuk.

Also, Russel Crow wins. He would knock the shit out of almost any comic writer.

Air Legend
Originally posted by Bransolute
And every other character has the power of the editors...

Yuk, yuk.

Also, Russel Crow wins. He would knock the shit out of almost any comic writer.
This attempt at humor fails. Beyonder had the power of editor in cheif at the time, Jim Shooter who was also the writer.
Russel Crow is not an employee at Marvel, also Russel Crow would get his ass kicked by plenty of people. Out of all the people, you chose Russel crow. WTF.

Burning thought
apart from real humans i dont know, probably nothing

Bransolute
This attempt at humor fails. Beyonder had the power of editor in cheif at the time, Jim Shooter who was also the writer.
Russel Crow is not an employee at Marvel, also Russel Crow would get his ass kicked by plenty of people. Out of all the people, you chose Russel crow. WTF. I forgot where this was stated... can you point me to it?
Because Captain America has the power of Stan Lee.

RC would still kick the shit out of this 'Jim' fellow me thinks.

Kurash
Russel Crow is not an employee at Marvel, also Russel Crow would get his ass kicked by plenty of people. Out of all the people, you chose Russel crow. WTF.

are you serious? Russell Crowe loves acting but theres one thing he loves more . . . FIGHTIN' ROUND DA WORLD!

Bransolute
Originally posted by Kurash
are you serious? Russell Crowe loves acting but theres one thing he loves more . . . FIGHTIN' ROUND DA WORLD! "Oh my God it's Russell Crow!

Oh my God, it's Russell Crow!"

laughing out loud

*the whole episode of 'Fightin Around the World'*
BDMiiWdDneo

Astner
"The Beyonder was supose to represent the power the writers themselves had over the story lines." - Stan Lee

Bransolute
Originally posted by Astner
"The Beyonder was supose to represent the power the writers themselves had over the story lines." - Stan Lee Ah... so writers can be absorbed by Galactus's tech... gotcha. smile

On the other hand... Stan Lee?
This n00b?
http://i238.photobucket.com/albums/ff240/Branlactus/Stan%20Lee/img004kk3.jpg
http://i238.photobucket.com/albums/ff240/Branlactus/Stan%20Lee/img005yq4.jpg
http://i238.photobucket.com/albums/ff240/Branlactus/Stan%20Lee/img006jl2.jpg
http://i238.photobucket.com/albums/ff240/Branlactus/Stan%20Lee/img011li2.jpg
http://i238.photobucket.com/albums/ff240/Branlactus/Stan%20Lee/img012xp1.jpg

Also, since I can:
"Jesus ate Cuban children." - Stan Lee

Sundipped
Originally posted by Erik-Lensherr
Quite a few.

But then again, there's no point in discussing a character that has never been that powerfull, thus the retcon.

thumb up

Kurash
"Oh my God it's Russell Crow!

Oh my God, it's Russell Crow!"

laughing out loud

*the whole episode of 'Fightin Around the World'*
BDMiiWdDneo

laughing

if theres there two things he loves it fightin and FIGHTIN' ROUND THE WORLD!

Shin_Nikkolas
Beyonder let Doom do that.

Bransolute
Originally posted by Shin_Nikkolas
Beyonder let Doom do that. Perhaps... but Doom still managed to hold all the powers of a 'writer' until Beyonder tricked him into getting his power back.

Originally posted by Kurash
laughing

if theres there two things he loves it fightin and FIGHTIN' ROUND THE WORLD! Greatest South Park ever!

nmensfinest
Phoenix Force could beat him.

Shin_Nikkolas
Nope.

nmensfinest
Given that she can tap into the unlimited amount of life energy from the infinite span of time, she has an extremely good chance of doing so. She has been described as the guardian of creation, and has complete power over life and death. She represents the nexus of all psionic energy.

Bransolute
Originally posted by nmensfinest
Given that she can tap into the unlimited amount of life energy from the infinite span of time, she has an extremely good chance of doing so. She has been described as the guardian of creation, and has complete power over life and death. She represents the nexus of all psionic energy. Beyonder is essentially David Hasselhoff... so... I don't see where you're going with this.

Shin_Nikkolas
And yet, it <<<<<< Living Tribunal who feared Molecule Man who was weaker than Beyonder at the time.

nmensfinest
Actually, PF could well be above LT. Her power has been compared to his in the past, and the pure concept behind Phoenix suggests an extreme level of power.

LT was simply wary of Molecule Man; he did not fear him in the sense that you're trying to make out. Plus, Beyonder was barely above Molecule Man anyway.

Bransolute
Actually, PF could well be above LT. Her power has been compared to his in the past, and the pure concept behind Phoenix suggests an extreme level of power.

LT was simply wary of Molecule Man; he did not fear him in the sense that you're trying to make out. Plus, Beyonder was barely above Molecule Man anyway. Based on what exactly?
Nevermind what LT is, and what he's done, but how is she above him?

nmensfinest
Being able to completely bend life and death? Being the nexus of all psionic energy? Being the personification of creation itself? Being able to draw life energy out of the infinite span of time? You pick.

Air Legend
Ah... so writers can be absorbed by Galactus's tech... gotcha. smile

Correction. That was the Beyonder's tech. The reason Doom was even alive in the first place was because of the Beyonder.

Bransolute
Being able to completely bend life and death? Being the nexus of all psionic energy? Being the personification of creation itself? Being able to draw life energy out of the infinite span of time? You pick.
Nevermind the pure ass snot you're spouting... but none of those mean anything to LT...

Bransolute
Correction. That was the Beyonder's tech. The reason Doom was even alive in the first place was because of the Beyonder. When was this stated? I didn't pay much attention to Secret Wars II, but if you can give me a panel, then I'll believe you...

Because Doom formatted Galactus's tech to his suit... and unless Beyonder created Galactus's tech...

Air Legend
When was this stated? I didn't pay much attention to Secret Wars II, but if you can give me a panel, then I'll believe you...

Because Doom formatted Galactus's tech to his suit... and unless Beyonder created Galactus's tech...
He used Klaw and Doombase equipment (Doombase and everything in it was created by the Beyonder) to steal energy.

Bransolute
He used Klaw and Doombase equipment (Doombase and everything in it was created by the Beyonder) to steal energy. From Galactus...
Also, Doom is the one who made the machine, and thought of the plan for the Klaw thing... so I can't see how Beyonder gets attributed to that...
Basically; Beyonder made the metal, Doom made it work. smile

And then Doom used Galactus's tech and formatted it into his armor, after he absorbed Galactus's power, and World Ship, and absorbed Beyonder's powers.

Air Legend
From Galactus...
Also, Doom is the one who made the machine, and thought of the plan for the Klaw thing... so I can't see how Beyonder gets attributed to that...
Basically; Beyonder made the metal, Doom made it work. smile

Doom made the machine from the equipment Beyonder made, NOT metal. Doom only existed because of Beyonder in the first place.
And then Doom used Galactus's tech and formatted it into his armor, after he absorbed Galactus's power, and World Ship, and absorbed Beyonder's powers.
He used the Beyonder's tech. He only needed the info about Galactu's world ship and then he used Klaw and Beyonder's tech to absorb it. And you act as if he absorbed the Beyonder with ease. Galactus powered Doom got knocked the **** out and then the Beyonder hovered near the breastplate while Doom feebly reached out his arm. Basically, Beyonder hovered too near his tech that Doom made into an energy stealing device and most of his power was absorbed. And the main reason that entire plot device sequence happened was to extend the series for two more issues which equaled more $$$$.

Bransolute
Doom made the machine from the equipment Beyonder made, NOT metal. Doom only existed because of Beyonder in the first place.

He used the Beyonder's tech. He only need the info about Galactu's world ship and then he used Klaw and Beyonder's tech to absorb it. And you act as if he absorbed the Beyonder with ease. Galactus powered Doom got knocked the **** out and then the Beyonder hovered near the breastplate while Doom feebly reached out his arm. Basically, Beyonder hovered too near his tech that Doom made into an energy stealing device and most of his power was absorbed. And the main reason that entire plot device sequence happened was to extend the series for two more issues which equaled more $$$$.
That was a metaphor...
Basically saying, that Beyonder only made the supplies, while Doom made it work, and made use of it. Which means... Beyonder didn't make the machine.

And tell me... when exactly did Beyonder create Galactus's world ship?
Also, Doom formats Galactus's tech into his breastplate. smile
http://i118.photobucket.com/albums/o106/bigbran1/comic/doom/SecretWars010-10.jpg

I've read the series many times... it's a beautiful series, that it is... however, no need to repeat what happened.
It doesn't matter what happened, and I don't care how much energy it took for Doom to take down Beyonder. It doesn't matter, nor is it relevant.
What matters is, that Doom was able to suppress the 'writers' power inside of him (following what you say of course smile ).
And last I heard, writers don't get their power usurped and held in check by Doom (with great effort, but Doom was still able to hold the power inside of him).

Air Legend
That was a metaphor...
Basically saying, that Beyonder only made the supplies, while Doom made it work, and made use of it. Which means... Beyonder didn't make the machine.
Nobody said the Beyonder literally made the machine, but the machine was made from Beyonder's tech, meaning that Doom used Beyonder's tech to absorb energy (something I did say).
And tell me... when exactly did Beyonder create Galactus's world ship?
Also, Doom formats Galactus's tech into his breastplate. smile
http://i118.photobucket.com/albums/o106/bigbran1/comic/doom/SecretWars010-10.jpg
The breastplate was pretty much made by the Beyonder (he fused a future Doom's mind with the body which includes the breast plate) . The only reason Doom existed in the series was because of the Beyonder.
I've read the series many times... it's a beautiful series, that it is... however, no need to repeat what happened.
It doesn't matter what happened, and I don't care how much energy it took for Doom to take down Beyonder. It doesn't matter, nor is it relevant.
What matters is, that Doom was able to suppress the 'writers' power inside of him (following what you say of course smile ).
And last I heard, writers don't get their power usurped and held in check by Doom (with great effort, but Doom was still able to hold the power inside of him).
The writers can do whatever they want in their comic books (not literally everything but anything that is legal, approved, etc.). So if they want Doom to steal the power of the Beyonder who acts as an avatar of their power, then by all means they can write it that way.

Bransolute
Nobody said the Beyonder literally made the machine, but the machine was made from Beyonder's tech, meaning that Doom used Beyonder's tech to absorb energy (something I did say). Well... you're trying to give the feat to Beyonder...
That's like saying that metal makers or whatnot made the Ipod.

The breastplate was pretty much made by the Beyonder (he fused a future Doom's mind with the body which includes the breast plate) . The only reason Doom existed in the series was because of the Beyonder. Wait... wait... wait... wait... wait... wait... wait... wait... wait... wait... wait... what?

How in the f*ck does the breastplate matter (not to mention that it's Doom's tech)? What matters is, that Galactus's tech was able to usurp Beyonder's powers.

The writers can do whatever they want in their comic books (not literally everything but anything that is legal, approved, etc.). So if they want Doom to steal the power of the Beyonder who acts as an avatar of their power, then by all means they can write it that way. no expression
Do you actually believe the butt sludge you're saying?

Can I downplay Molecule Man because the writers wanted their avatar to lose then? smile

Bransolute
Also... "And constructed that fantastic machine...":
http://i118.photobucket.com/albums/o106/bigbran1/SecretWars010-04.jpg

smile

Air Legend
Well... you're trying to give the feat to Beyonder...
That's like saying that metal makers or whatnot made the Ipod.

Wait... wait... wait... wait... wait... wait... wait... wait... wait... wait... wait... what?

How in the f*ck does the breastplate matter (not to mention that it's Doom's tech)? What matters is, that Galactus's tech was able to usurp Beyonder's powers.

no expression
Do you actually believe the butt sludge you're saying?

Can I downplay Molecule Man because the writers wanted their avatar to lose then? smile
It wasn't only Galactus' tech. It was just some as stated on panel. The breastplate played the biggest role (aka how he stole Galactus's energy in the first place via Klaw and Beyonder technology). Also, if your erroneous claim that Galactus tech can absorb the Beyonder's power was true, then why didn't Galactus or the LT or MM do the same? You have 2 choices 1. It was complete PIS. 2. The Beyonder let it happen (which is the case).

Bransolute
It wasn't only Galactus' tech. It was just some as stated on panel. The breastplate played the biggest role (aka how he stole Galactus's energy in the first place via Klaw and Beyonder technology). Also, if your erroneous claim that Galactus tech can absorb the Beyonder's power was true, then why didn't Galactus or the LT or MM do the same? You have 2 choices 1. It was complete PIS. 2. The Beyonder let it happen (which is the case). The breastplate did nothing, except serve as a concealment. Galactus's tech did everything though. Otherwise, Doom would have been examined some more. smile

Because Galactus was going to, but Doom stole his powers before he did. no expression

Neither LT, or MM have Galactus's tech, and I've never seen LT ever use tech to my recollection...

So, I can only choose of those options? Seems pretty bias to me, and too much so, that I'm going to choose an alternative. smile

Unless I see where Beyonder said he let him steal his power... then well, it's irrelevant to me. smile

Air Legend
The breastplate did nothing, except serve as a concealment. Galactus's tech did everything though. Otherwise, Doom would have been examined some more. smile

Because Galactus was going to, but Doom stole his powers before he did. no expression

Neither LT, or MM have Galactus's tech, and I've never seen LT ever use tech to my recollection...

So, I can only choose of those options? Seems pretty bias to me, and too much so, that I'm going to choose an alternative. smile

Unless I see where Beyonder said he let him steal his power... then well, it's irrelevant to me. smile
Lol so Galactus's tech is greater than LT. Good job dude. By the way, the breast plate was not just concealing it how do you think he stole the power from Galactus in the first place. Oh wait you posted it so you should know. Anyways, it's pretty obvious that you've stumbled on one of your smart ass remarks and now you're trying to defend it. lol

Bransolute
Lol so Galactus's tech is greater than LT. Good job dude. By the way, the breast plate was not just concealing it how do you think he stole the power from Galactus in the first place. Oh wait you posted it so you should know. Anyways, it's pretty obvious that you've stumbled on one of your smart ass remarks and now you're trying to defend it. lol Going by your logic... I guess it is...
Also, LT never fought Beyonder, so we have no idea how he would fare... and I've never saw LT try to absorb someone...
We just know LT didn't take action against him, and Beyonder was above him.
What you fail to realize though, is that you don't have to be above someone to beat someone who can't beat them.
That's ABC logic. And saying that LT never tried it, means absolutely shit all. SHIT ALL. smile

Um... what?
The breastplate had nothing to do with absorbing Beyonder's power. It had to do with concealing/holding the tech though. It's also in Doom's nature to put tech into his armor.
Also, where was it stated that the breastplate had to do with absorbing Galactus's power? Far as I know, it was the machine that Doom built that did that...

Also, if you're going to be an arrogant prick against me, then I'll play that game as well.

LOL, you have nothing, you have no proof. And you've been proven wrong, so now you're resulting to baseless claims to try and show me that you were never wrong. However, it's not working. Let's see what random shit you pull out of your ass this time. smile

Air Legend
Going by your logic... I guess it is...
Also, LT never fought Beyonder, so we have no idea how he would fare... and I've never saw LT try to absorb someone...
We just know LT didn't take action against him, and Beyonder was above him.
What you fail to realize though, is that you don't have to be above someone to beat someone who can't beat them.
That's ABC logic. And saying that LT never tried it, means absolutely shit all. SHIT ALL. smile
If a writer states that the Beyonder is millions of times more powerful than the rest of the entire multiverse (which includes LT and MM), then that is what the Beyonder is. The funny thing is the LT along with the cosmic hierarchy did try to attack the Beyonder. I'm not gonna post it because I find it hilarious how nvr doesn't know what the hell I'm talking about and neither do you. smile
Um... what?
The breastplate had nothing to do with absorbing Beyonder's power. It had to do with concealing/holding the tech though. It's also in Doom's nature to put tech into his armor.
Also, where was it stated that the breastplate had to do with absorbing Galactus's power? Far as I know, it was the machine that Doom built that did that...
Yes, and then he used the same tech within the breastplate, instead of the machine, plus some help of Galactus' tech to do the same to the Beyonder.
Also, if you're going to be an arrogant prick against me, then I'll play that game as well.

LOL, you have nothing, you have no proof. And you've been proven wrong, so now you're resulting to baseless claims to try and show me that you were never wrong. However, it's not working. Let's see what random shit you pull out of your ass this time. smile
Lol you have no proof to prove yourself right. If it was stated in the comics that only Galactus' tech was used to steal the Beyonders power, then you would be right. However, it states with the help of some of Galactus' tech meaning he used some of the tech he used to steal Galactus' power.

Bransolute
If a writer states that the Beyonder is millions of times more powerful than the rest of the entire multiverse (which includes LT and MM), then that is what the Beyonder is. The funny thing is the LT along with the cosmic hierarchy did try to attack the Beyonder. I'm not gonna post it because I find it hilarious how nvr doesn't know what the hell I'm talking about and neither do you. smile That's nice. smile
You missed my point though.

So you're not going to post it?
Fine then, give me an issue number, and I'll get back to you. smile I said I didn't pay attention to Secret Wars II (I basically skimmed through it), but you intrigue me. However, I'd like to start with your instance, if you would be so kind. smile

Yes, and then he used the same tech within the breastplate, instead of the machine, plus some help of Galactus' tech to do the same to the Beyonder. Do you even know what you're talking about?

OK, let's break it down slowly, since you're going to need some help here. smile

-Doom dissects Klaw to go and steal Galactus's power when Galactus starts absorbing his World Ship (which he turned into energy, and planned to do the same thing Doom did).

-Doom has apparently built a machine to help him transfer the massive energy Klaw holds.

-The machine transfers it to Doom.

-Doom then takes Galactus's tech that he intended to use, and places it in his breastplate.

-Doom when he gets close enough, dispatches the breastplate (with Galactus's tech in it) to absorb Beyonder's power.

Therefore, Doom only needed the machine to absorb transfer Galactus's power to his own. The machine is thus rendered irrelevant to the rest of the story.
Without the machine, Galactus would have absorbed Worldship, the sun, Battleworld, and then faced the Beyonder, and absorbed his power when he got close (I believe Doom saw this on his computer or something, but I'd have to double check).

Therefore, the breastplate was only used to conceal/hold Galactus's tech.

If you'd like more insight, Secret Wars I is a great read. 12 issues of pure awesome. It's full of action, and even a hint of romance. It also shows Doom being the genius he is. I'd give it a 4-5 out of 5. I recommend reading it. smile

Although, I can't recommend a book you seem to think you know so much about, can I?
I bet you've read it 20-100 times, and I'm just 'refreshing' your memory.

You must have just forgotten everything, since you seem to know nothing about the series. That can't be right though. Because you seem to think you know so much...

Lol you have no proof to prove yourself right. If it was stated in the comics that only Galactus' tech was used to steal the Beyonders power, then you would be right. However, it states with the help of some of Galactus' tech meaning he used some of the tech he used to steal Galactus' power. I've providing proof to prove all my points that needed proving. no expression You've stated things that never happened, and you speculated on things... hugely.

Doom used Galactus's tech to absorb Beyonder's power, not his own.

smile

quanchi112
Thanos with the heart most certainly beats classic beyonder.

Bransolute
Originally posted by quanchi112
Thanos with the heart most certainly beats classic beyonder. I feel that same way too.

Mr Master
If I had to add the pre-retcon cats:

1. Toaa/god
2. THOTI/& (Imopossible Man when written that way)
3. Beyonder (pre)
4. Molecule Man (pre)
5. Living Tribunal - (Scathan & Protege from GOTG #50)

6. Alien Entity

7. (this right here is hazy - in No particular order)

HOM Wanda
BeyonderS
IG
Edifice Rex

8. (this right here is hazy - in No particular order)

Jamie
Jaspers
Merlyn
Havok/Nexus (potential)
Meggan (potential)
Brian w/Sword of Right (Excalibur) & Amulet of Right
Vangaard

And that's it for now,
I'll be making a full blown list in my thread soon,
with a scan of a note worthy feat to accompany the character.

Anywho yall, this is all imo, so peace and love. smile

Astner
Originally posted by Mr Master

1. Toaa/god
3. Beyonder (pre)
4. Molecule Man (pre)

6. Alien Entity

HOM Wanda
BeyonderS
IG
Edifice Rex

Jamie
Jaspers
Merlyn
Havok/Nexus (potential)
Meggan (potential)
Vangaard

And that's it for now,

Just one thing. You place the 'avatar' of the writers above the Heart, shouldn't they be equal?
I mean they as well only represent the power of the writers, the writers themselves cannot be in a comic.

nvrbeenwthagirl

1. Toaa/god
3. Beyonder (pre)
4. Molecule Man (pre)

6. Alien Entity

HOM Wanda
BeyonderS
IG
Edifice Rex

Jamie
Jaspers
Merlyn
Havok/Nexus (potential)
Meggan (potential)
Vangaard

And that's it for now,

How can Pre MM Or Pre Beyonder Be above the LT when The LT has NEVER been retconeed. He has ALWAYS been 2nd only to God.

quanchi112
Originally posted by nvrbeenwthagirl
How can Pre MM Or Pre Beyonder Be above the LT when The LT has NEVER been retconeed. He has ALWAYS been 2nd only to God. Did you not read secret wars or even look at any of the scans anyone posted. The beyonder used to be above the lt. Come on nver you can do better than this.

nvrbeenwthagirl
Did you not read secret wars or even look at any of the scans anyone posted. The beyonder used to be above the lt. Come on nver you can do better than this.

Um you can do better than saying the beyonder used to be above the LT when he NEVER fought the LT. Also, there is nothing that the beyonder did that the Current LT cannot shit on.

Air Legend
That's nice. smile
You missed my point though.

So you're not going to post it?
Fine then, give me an issue number, and I'll get back to you. smile I said I didn't pay attention to Secret Wars II (I basically skimmed through it), but you intrigue me. However, I'd like to start with your instance, if you would be so kind. smile

I'll PM it to you if you want because I don't want nvr to babble and rather leave him in a state of confusion. smile
Do you even know what you're talking about?

OK, let's break it down slowly, since you're going to need some help here. smile

-Doom dissects Klaw to go and steal Galactus's power when Galactus starts absorbing his World Ship (which he turned into energy, and planned to do the same thing Doom did).

-Doom has apparently built a machine to help him transfer the massive energy Klaw holds.

-The machine transfers it to Doom.

OK so far this is pretty much true. He uses Klaw to draw the energy towards Doombase and then uses the machine to absorb the energy that was coming.

-Doom then takes Galactus's tech that he intended to use, and places it in his breastplate.

"A few simple adjustments, based upon that data"
So what was he adjusting according to you? His brain. It's pretty obvious he was adjusting the equipment he used to steal Galactus' power and then he"borrowed some technology" from Galactus to aid him in stealing the Beyonder's power.
-Doom when he gets close enough, dispatches the breastplate (with Galactus's tech in it) to absorb Beyonder's power.

Nothing of the sort happened. Doom was knocked out. When he wakes up the Beyonder has already been dissecting him (taken the armor apart) and been looking into his mind. The breastplate hovers near and the Beyonder is close at hand. Doom feebly reaches out with his arm and then it ends. Pretty much the Beyonder let his guard up and got too close to the plate.
http://img122.imageshack.us/my.php?image=img016yh8.jpgOriginally posted by Bransolute
Therefore, Doom only needed the machine to absorb transfer Galactus's power to his own. The machine is thus rendered irrelevant to the rest of the story.

Without the machine, Galactus would have absorbed Worldship, the sun, Battleworld, and then faced the Beyonder, and absorbed his power when he got close (I believe Doom saw this on his computer or something, but I'd have to double check).
Therefore, the breastplate was only used to conceal/hold Galactus's tech.

He needed the machine to absorb Galactus' energy in the first place. He then made adjusments (Klaw and Beyonder tech, though not the machine) and borrowed some Galactus tech.
But you know it really doesn't matter since Doom was only alive in the first place because of the Beyonder.
If you'd like more insight, Secret Wars I is a great read. 12 issues of pure awesome. It's full of action, and even a hint of romance. It also shows Doom being the genius he is. I'd give it a 4-5 out of 5. I recommend reading it. smile

Although, I can't recommend a book you seem to think you know so much about, can I?
I bet you've read it 20-100 times, and I'm just 'refreshing' your memory.

You must have just forgotten everything, since you seem to know nothing about the series. That can't be right though. Because you seem to think you know so much...

I've providing proof to prove all my points that needed proving. no expression You've stated things that never happened, and you speculated on things... hugely.

Doom used Galactus's tech to absorb Beyonder's power, not his own.

smile
You still have to answer for that "adjustment" statement. I'm sure you'll try to say he was adjusting it to Galactus' tech but that is not the case since he said "AND borrowing some..." KEYWORD: AND.

Mr Master
Just one thing. You place the 'avatar' of the writers above the Heart, shouldn't they be equal?
I mean they as well only represent the power of the writers, the writers themselves cannot be in a comic.

The Writers/Artists themselves are represented by Toaa/god.
(the true creators of the Marvel Omniverse)
Sometimes they appear as other Avatars with senseless reality in their manifestation.

THOTI was a manifestation of Toaa/god's Power withIN the Omniverse they draw into existence.

Classic Beyonder was the most powerful being ever to exist in the Marvel Universe,
as a character.

And then the Molecule Man.

But the cat that thought up and drew the Beyonder was Toaa/god,
and THOTI is a manifestation of Toaa/god's power withIN Reality in comics.

THOTI made Thanos everything in the Omniverse,
Beyonder was either everything Outisde the prime Multiverse,
or he was everything Inside the Multiverse,
but he was never both simultaneously ... while the THOTI was.

I really don't consider Artist/Writer Avatars and THOTI
because that to me is beyond categorization, especially in the company of others.

The hierarchy to me, should start from LT down,
cause anything above that is on a level where scales are pointless.

Mr Master
How can Pre MM Or Pre Beyonder Be above the LT when The LT has NEVER been retconeed. He has ALWAYS been 2nd only to God.

No doubt in status,
but obviously Toaa/god wanted an anomaly of power to enter the Marvel Universe,
and take over it, be anything and everything,
better yet, be what they (Toaa/god) would be, if they entered Marvel comics.

Cause that's what Beyonder was,
a god, a supreme being, a being that encompassed a near Omniverse.

But built with faults, and why?

To try and give the cat some meaning, some substance, some interest,
otherwise, the story is bland and over the top, which gets boring real quick.
And they had a hard time already even while keeping the Beyonder limited,
so go figure had they unleashed his full potential from the beginning.

quanchi112
Um you can do better than saying the beyonder used to be above the LT when he NEVER fought the LT. Also, there is nothing that the beyonder did that the Current LT cannot shit on. So what the beyonder did what the byonder wanted to do. it was explained and everyone got it but you that he was above the lt and all the rest that were gathered there. But I know you didnt read this so you dont have to respond back as it will be more ignorance I am sure.

Wonder Man
Beyonder. He was a conceptual power that took the form of an embodiment unlike Eternity who is just a embodiement concept.
Another conceptual power would stand a good chance. A new one like Other or Virtuality. Understand? Some people have said Phoneix but no way to her. Beyonder was above everything and everyone. The only one he really didn't contend against was TOAA. With the original Beyonder creation he could have seeing as how no one ever new he existed.

nvrbeenwthagirl
Mr. Mxy. ALL imps see DC as nothing but drawings for them to play with. Much like an artist and writer see Marvel Comics. The Kirby Avatar sees his creations just like the Imps see the DC cosmos.

Air Legend
Mr. Mxy. ALL imps see DC as nothing but drawings for them to play with. Much like an artist and writer see Marvel Comics. The Kirby Avatar sees his creations just like the Imps see the DC cosmos.
Yea..5d Imps are greater than the Presence. dur

nvrbeenwthagirl
Yea..5d Imps are greater than the Presence. dur

The Presence hasn't been seen in DC comics that I"m aware of. All I know is that characters that are greater than imps, cannot beat him. But your insult doesn't really add anything. It is a veiled at an insult becuz you really can't refute the truth of the matter. For reference, check out the Imp saga in the grant morrison run of the jla. I believe that was it. And heaven's ladder.

Astner
The Writers/Artists themselves are represented by Toaa/god.
(the true creators of the Marvel Omniverse)
Sometimes they appear as other Avatars with senseless reality in their manifestation.

THOTI was a manifestation of Toaa/god's Power withIN the Omniverse they draw into existence.

But the cat that thought up and drew the Beyonder was Toaa/god,
and THOTI is a manifestation of Toaa/god's power withIN Reality in comics.

How can a avatar in the comics exist outside the Omniverse in the first place, wouldn't that mean that he's outside the comics?

nvrbeenwthagirl
How can a avatar in the comics exist outside the Omniverse in the first place, wouldn't that mean that he's outside the comics?

Just let it be.

Horrificus
Final Stage Korvac

Infinite Man

Air Legend
Originally posted by Horrificus
Final Stage Korvac

Infinite Man
hysterical2

Merlyn
Beyonder had the power of editor in cheif at the time Would you mind posting a scan where this was stated? Or at least give me an issue number, or something? If you are unable to, I see this as little more then a fanboy-ish rant. smile

Not saying Beyonder wasn't powerful, but c'mon. srsly

Mr Master

In Marvel there is one place beyond the Omniverse,

Roma called it the "Ascension"

FF visited a place called "heaven"

I believe this to be the same place.

It's where Toaa/god (representitive Avatar of the ArtistS & WriterS)
create and draw everything we read in Marvel comics.

Basically a symbolization that depicts how Real World ArtistS/WriterS think & create,
what we read in Marvel comics.

So to answer your question directly,

the Avatar can exist outside the Omniverse,
because Marvel has Two locations that make up their Comics,

1. The "Omniverse"
(every possible Universe)

2. The "Ascension" or "heaven"
(where every story in the Omniverse is created day by day by Toaa/god)

xjustice69x
rachel using the beyonders power knocked him down. so i guess only he could beat him self. ok now im confused

Utrigita
No doubt in status,
but obviously Toaa/god wanted an anomaly of power to enter the Marvel Universe,
and take over it, be anything and everything,
better yet, be what they (Toaa/god) would be, if they entered Marvel comics.

Cause that's what Beyonder was,
a god, a supreme being, a being that encompassed a near Omniverse.

But built with faults, and why?

To try and give the cat some meaning, some substance, some interest,
otherwise, the story is bland and over the top, which gets boring real quick.
And they had a hard time already even while keeping the Beyonder limited,
so go figure had they unleashed his full potential from the beginning.

So let me get this straight Mr Master

Beyonder = TOAA based on what to be exact?

The Current Marvel Omniverse Pre Retcon Beyonder's estate where was this stated???

Beyonder and MM > LT for the same reasons Scathan > LT? TOAA (writers) will???

Mr Master
Originally posted by Utrigita
Beyonder = TOAA based on what to be exact?

Many things,

Beyonder taking over all of Marvel,
Beyonder making the Cosmics (including the LT) desperate,
Beyonder being Millions of times more powerful, than the rest of Marvel,
Beyonder creating a Universe that was an Ocean, while the rest of Marvel is a Drop of Water,

Or this:

http://img394.imageshack.us/img394/9875/beyonderisthelivingsupreme4cq.th.jpg

http://img262.imageshack.us/img262/8738/beyonderisthelivingsupreme24gz.th.jpg

But, I still consider Beyonder below Toaa/god/THOTI

The Current Marvel Omniverse Pre Retcon Beyonder's estate where was this stated???

I clearly said, Beyonder was a Near-Omniverse (Everything Outisde the Multiverse)

http://img204.imageshack.us/img204/6606/beyondspacetime2pq7.th.jpg

Or eveything Inside the Multiverse:

http://img66.imageshack.us/img66/8379/beyonderisrealitydw2.th.jpg

http://img95.imageshack.us/img95/1592/b3rd6.th.jpg
"I. who utterly dictate ALL Reality"

http://img104.imageshack.us/img104/7766/b4qh2.th.jpg
"As long as I conceive of things, they exist...My thoughts EQUAL Reality"

Beyonder and MM > LT for the same reasons Scathan > LT?
TOAA (writers) will???

Not exactly.

Scathan wasn't > LT to begin with, at best Scathan = LT.

The difference is Scathan appeared in one single arc that spanned 4 issues.

Beyonder had Two entire Multi-Series, 21 isssues plus over 10 tie ins,
and Beyonder has continued to appear in comics ever since.

Also, Scathan = or > LT is senseless considering the history and powerset of Celestials.

Beyonder was what he was from the very beginning.

Astner
In Marvel there is one place beyond the Omniverse,

Roma called it the "Ascension"

FF visited a place called "heaven"

I believe this to be the same place.
That pretty much contradicts that the Omniverse is every reality in the comics, now doesn't it?

Wouldn't that be the real world?

So there is a realm in the comics, outside creation were the writers are represented by avatars. Seems a bit far fetched if you ask me.

But then again couldn't Roma have meant that the Chaos Cave would reach the ends of the Omniverse?

Mr Master
That pretty much contradicts that the Omniverse is every reality in the comics,

now doesn't it?

No it doesn't.

Every reality/story in Marvel comics takes place in the Omniverse.

But every reality in Marvel comics that takes place in the Omniverse,
is written and drawn somewhere else naturally.

In the real world that's Writers & Artists obviously in a studio,
in Marvel comics, that was tipified by a man that Creates on a drawing board (Artist)
and a person ("collaborator"wink that gives him the ideas was on the phone (Writer)

So I'm not surprised there's One reality Above All,
the ultimate "Ascension"
where the Omniverse in all its forms was and is created,
how everything that has happened, happens, and will happen in it,
is just drawings on a piece of paper to Toaa/god.

Wouldn't that be the real world?

No.

So there is a realm in the comics, outside creation were the writers are represented by avatars. Seems a bit far fetched if you ask me.

You'l have to email Marvel on that one.

I'm just telling ya what #511 depicted.

god was literally drawing Marvel realities on paper,
Silver Surfer, Black Panther, Galactus invloved story, FF
and other joints.

So yea, this "realm" would be called "heaven" in this instant.

(Anyway, you should know this since we discussed this before)
I have the scans if needed.

But then again
couldn't Roma have meant that the Chaos Cave would reach the ends of the Omniverse?

Nah,

because Roma first stated that all imagination would fold,
and Then "perhaps even the Ascension itself"

Here's the scan:

http://img95.imageshack.us/img95/9752/sc8bk1.th.jpg

"The Chaos Wave will keep expanding along the Sidereal String,
to the farthest reaches of imagination,
from the sundered Planes to the sublimity -- (notice the Two dashes)
perhaps to the Ascension itself"

Air Legend
Originally posted by Merlyn
Would you mind posting a scan where this was stated? Or at least give me an issue number, or something? If you are unable to, I see this as little more then a fanboy-ish rant. smile

Not saying Beyonder wasn't powerful, but c'mon. srsly
Having the power of the editor in cheif is just a saying dude. Or did you think I literally meant Jim Shooter's drawing can have real world powers? no expression

Bransolute
Sorry it took so long, but I didn't feel like debating yesterday. smile

I'll PM it to you if you want because I don't want nvr to babble and rather leave him in a state of confusion. smile Or you can give me an issue number? smile

"A few simple adjustments, based upon that data"
So what was he adjusting according to you? His brain. It's pretty obvious he was adjusting the equipment he used to steal Galactus' power and then he"borrowed some technology" from Galactus to aid him in stealing the Beyonder's power. Glad to see you brought up a completely different point out of nowhere. smile

I figure you want me to answer this, right? OK.

Explained below (last part), but he had no equipment that he used to absorb Galactus's energies... that was a giant machine that wasn't connected to his armor in any way. Just served to put Galactus's energies into him.

Nothing of the sort happened. Doom was knocked out. When he wakes up the Beyonder has already been dissecting him (taken the armor apart) and been looking into his mind. The breastplate hovers near and the Beyonder is close at hand. Doom feebly reaches out with his arm and then it ends. Pretty much the Beyonder let his guard up and got too close to the plate.
http://img122.imageshack.us/my.php?image=img016yh8.jpg
You're arguing irrelevant details.
Either way, Doom made the tech work, and it absorbed Beyonder's powers.

He needed the machine to absorb Galactus' energy in the first place. He then made adjusments (Klaw and Beyonder tech, though not the machine) and borrowed some Galactus tech.
But you know it really doesn't matter since Doom was only alive in the first place because of the Beyonder. Klaw and Beyonder tech?
He used his newly vast powers, and suit to make the adjustments...

And it really doesn't matter since Doom was able to hold the 'writers' power inside of him.

You still have to answer for that "adjustment" statement. I'm sure you'll try to say he was adjusting it to Galactus' tech but that is not the case since he said "AND borrowing some..." KEYWORD: AND. First off, you just brought up that point, so it would be impossible for me to answer it, until now...

Second, he adjusted his armor based on Beyonder's energies. That most likely had to do with Doom being able to handle the energies, since if you followed Doom...
Doom often adjusts his armor to handle energies that before were able to defeat him.
A good example would be when Namor took him out with electricity, and later he adjusted his armor so it wouldn't happen again (and even absorbed the energy).

However, Galactus's tech was still able to take Beyonder's power... and the adjustments served for Doom to be able to withstand it. IMO.

But my main point is, Doom was able to have the 'writers' power inside of him. Essentially a mortal... has the editors power inside of him... no matter the adjustments... that shouldn't happen.
Because, I don't believe that bull hockey. smile However, he was extremely powerful, but it's stupid when people try and force 'real' power into comic characters.

It's different when the writer appears in the comic (Stan Lee).

Horrificus
hysterical2

Um... you don't think that the Infinite Man, having control over All Power, of All Time-lines, Past, Present and Future is a threat to the Beyonder?

The Beyonder still existed within time. For some reason.

Anyway, we can also just do it the easy way...

Doctor Doom wins! big grin

Galan007
Having the power of the editor in cheif is just a saying dude. Or did you think I literally meant Jim Shooter's drawing can have real world powers? That's what I have always thought you meant -- which is subsequently why I tend to giggle at these Beyonder threads you like to debate in.

"Beyonder had the power of editor in cheif at the time" -- am I the only one who can see the humor in that line of 'reasoning'?

giggle00.

Horrificus
Originally posted by Galan007
That's what I have always thought you meant -- which is subsequently why I tend to giggle at these Beyonder threads you like to debate in.

"Beyonder had the power of editor in cheif at the time" -- am I the only one who can see the humor in that line of 'reasoning'?

giggle00.

Yeah, Beyonder worked his up from a Sales Position, then into some Penciling work.

Air Legend
Sorry it took so long, but I didn't feel like debating yesterday.

Or you can give me an issue number?
Secret Wars II issue #7. Metiphiso gets consensus from cosmic heirachy and they work together to plan a sneak attack on the Beyonder.

Glad to see you brought up a completely different point out of nowhere. smile

I figure you want me to answer this, right? OK.

Explained below (last part), but he had no equipment that he used to absorb Galactus's energies... that was a giant machine that wasn't connected to his armor in any way. Just served to put Galactus's energies into him.

You're arguing irrelevant details.
Either way, Doom made the tech work, and it absorbed Beyonder's powers.
Ah, I see. If somethig you state is wrong, it becomes irrelevant.
Klaw and Beyonder tech?
He used his newly vast powers, and suit to make the adjustments...

And it really doesn't matter since Doom was able to hold the 'writers' power inside of him.
I see you're still trying to be a smart ass. Why don't you point out when Beyonder gave Dazzler some of his power, or when he gave Rachel some power too?
First off, you just brought up that point, so it would be impossible for me to answer it, until now...

Second, he adjusted his armor based on Beyonder's energies. That most likely had to do with Doom being able to handle the energies, since if you followed Doom...
Doom often adjusts his armor to handle energies that before were able to defeat him.
A good example would be when Namor took him out with electricity, and later he adjusted his armor so it wouldn't happen again (and even absorbed the energy).

However, Galactus's tech was still able to take Beyonder's power... and the adjustments served for Doom to be able to withstand it. IMO.
But my main point is, Doom was able to have the 'writers' power inside of him.
Still being a smart ass, eh?
Essentially a mortal...
Essentially a piece of paper no expression
has the editors power inside of him... no matter the adjustments... that shouldn't happen.
Oh, why not? I mean you seem like you'd be fine if I claimed that the Beyonder had the writers' powers and never had his powers stolen. no expression
Because, I don't believe that bull hockey. smile However, he was extremely powerful, but it's stupid when people try and force 'real' power into comic characters.
I'm gonna tell you the same thing I told that other guy. Having the power of the writers is just a saying. It doesn't literally mean the drawing has real world powers. It means the character was able to do anything the writers wanted him to. This very thing also happened with Thanos when he had the HOTI.

Bransolute
Secret Wars II issue #7. Metiphiso gets consensus from cosmic heirachy and they work together to plan a sneak attack on the Beyonder. Luckily I read that comic a while ago, and remember it because of Thing's actions...

Beyonder's Bane? The machine Mephisto used so he could take down Beyonder... powered by Eternity. While LT and all others didn't lift a finger...

Your original point:
The funny thing is the LT along with the cosmic hierarchy did try to attack the Beyonder. I'm not gonna post it because I find it hilarious how nvr doesn't know what the hell I'm talking about and neither do you. smile

And based on your new statement, and the book itself... LT only gave consensus so Meph could use Eternity as his operator in Beyonder's Bane.
smile

Ah, I see. If somethig you state is wrong, it becomes irrelevant.
Klaw and Beyonder tech? No, but it's irrelevant either way. Since, you're arguing whether or not Doom dispatched his breastplate. It matters not whether the tech absorbed Beyonder's power itself, or Doom took his powers. It was still stolen by Galactus's tech. smile

I don't know what you're asking...

I see you're still trying to be a smart ass. Why don't you point out when Beyonder gave Dazzler some of his power, or when he gave Rachel some power too? When he gave a fraction of his power to them?

Compared to Beyonder having to trick Doom to take his power back?

... Because it was never clearly defined, and I'm only following Doom's actual history, instead of arguing that my opinions are law, without definitive proof.

Because nothing else works...

Believe it if you want, but it's what I think... and it's an actual reason, other than just using the line with nothing supporting it. smile

Still being a smart ass, eh? It's my nature.

Essentially a piece of paper no expression OK... so I can write everything off in comics, because it's just a piece of paper?

Oh, why not? I mean you seem like you'd be fine if I claimed that the Beyonder had the writers' powers and never had his powers stolen. no expression Um... what?

I'm gonna tell you the same thing I told that other guy. Having the power of the writers is just a saying. It doesn't literally mean the drawing has real world powers. It means the character was able to do anything the writers wanted him to. This very thing also happened with Thanos when he had the HOTI. And he got his powers stolen. smile
I'm sure he wanted that. smile

Must be why Thanos couldn't fix a universe/multiverse ( roll eyes (sarcastic) ), unless he destroyed it first...

Also, I was responding to this at the time:
"The Beyonder was supose to represent the power the writers themselves had over the story lines." - Stan Lee

And, I highly doubt that this was the case...

Bentley
This power of the writers concept is awful, I'm sorry but unless you find on panel evidence that says "The Beyonder is the writer/editor/my mom" I rather picture something more abstract as master commented before.

quanchi112
I really hate when a fictional comic book battle turns into a writer vs a character. It is BEYOND ridiculous if you ask me.

Bransolute
I really hate when a fictional comic book battle turns into a writer vs a character. It is BEYOND ridiculous if you ask me. Exactly.

Air Legend
Luckily I read that comic a while ago, and remember it because of Thing's actions...

Beyonder's Bane? The machine Mephisto used so he could take down Beyonder... powered by Eternity. While LT and all others didn't lift a finger...

Your original point:

And based on your new statement, and the book itself... LT only gave consensus so Meph could use Eternity as his operator in Beyonder's Bane.
Which means they (including the LT) were involved in the attack against the Beyonder (because they had something to do with the assault in this case allowing it to happen). no expression
Not only that but later when the attack was about to happen it said "The Mighty of the Multiverse Tremble...". And that was stated by the writer.
No, but it's irrelevant either way. Since, you're arguing whether or not Doom dispatched his breastplate. It matters not whether the tech absorbed Beyonder's power itself, or Doom took his powers. It was still stolen by Galactus's tech. smile
With some help from Galactus' tech. He used his previous techniques of power stealing because he had to adjust first. Also, the Beyonder let his guard up as he was able to retain some of his powers. In other words, Beyonder let it happen, and because the writers wrote it that way, they were able to make two more issues and more money.

When he gave a fraction of his power to them?

Compared to Beyonder having to trick Doom to take his power back?
It's all the same according to you, because they also were able to hold the writers power within them, seeing how you took the literal meaning of my statement roll eyes (sarcastic)
Because it was never clearly defined, and I'm only following Doom's actual history, instead of arguing that my opinions are law, without definitive proof.

Because nothing else works...

Believe it if you want, but it's what I think... and it's an actual reason, other than just using the line with nothing supporting it.
It's my nature.
no expression
OK... so I can write everything off in comics, because it's just a piece of paper?
Dr. Doom is essentially a drawing on a piece of paper, but the drawing on the paper doesn't matter much, thus Doom is essentially a piece of paper. Or do you still think he is a real life human certain to die eventually? no expression
And he got his powers stolen. smile
I'm sure he wanted that. smile
He didn't want all his powers stolen that's why he still existed and got it back. no expression
Must be why Thanos couldn't fix a universe/multiverse ( roll eyes (sarcastic) ), unless he destroyed it first...
That's how the writers wanted it. Starlin let his creation do anything and in this case he wanted Thanos to give up the heart. That's the difference between characters who have the "power of the writers" and those who don't. The ones that do, become the most powerful character in their respective company pretty much.
Also, I was responding to this at the time:

And, I highly doubt that this was the case...
It kind of is seeing how people in the real world were complaining about how the Beyonder didn't fit well into their story lines and such.

Bransolute
Which means they (including the LT) were involved in the attack against the Beyonder (because they had something to do with the assault in this case allowing it to happen). no expression
Not only that but later when the attack was about to happen it said "The Mighty of the Multiverse Tremble...". And that was stated by the writer. So, if you allow someone to do something, then that means you were directly involved in whatever they are doing?
No LT had no involvement in that attack, it was all Meph, Eternity, and Beyonder's Bane (and a bunch of villains).

Matters not, as you said LT tried to attack Beyonder, and he didn't. He only gave Meph the word that he could do something.

And back to the statement that started this:
"Also, LT never fought Beyonder, so we have no idea how he would fare... and I've never saw LT try to absorb someone...
We just know LT didn't take action against him, and Beyonder was above him."

And you said he did try to attack him, but you weren't going to post scans. smile

With some help from Galactus' tech. He used his previous techniques of power stealing because he had to adjust first. Also, the Beyonder let his guard up as he was able to retain some of his powers. In other words, Beyonder let it happen, and because the writers wrote it that way, they were able to make two more issues and more money.That explains why Beyonder had to make sure Doom's guard was all the way down, and distracted before, and Beyonder had to possess people to get his powers back.

That last part is a copout, and I can't believe you think that.
Of course, I've stated though that if you can prove this, I'll concede on that point. smile

It's all the same according to you, because they also were able to hold the writers power within them, seeing how you took the literal meaning of my statement roll eyes (sarcastic) Well, don't say the words then, if I'm not supposed to take the meaning of it. roll eyes (sarcastic)

That's like telling someone you have a disease, and then laughing at them for believing you (not to the same effect, but the idea is there).

Or saying you believe in Jeebus, and then telling people that: "I can't believe you believed that I believed in Jeebus! roll eyes (sarcastic)"

Dr. Doom is essentially a drawing on a piece of paper, but the drawing on the paper doesn't matter much, thus Doom is essentially a piece of paper. Or do you still think he is a real life human certain to die eventually? no expression So is Beyonder.

I never said anyone was real life.

Trying to assert real life powers in comic books is ridonkules though.

He didn't want all his powers stolen that's why he still existed and got it back. no expression As a spirit that could only possess people...

That's how the writers wanted it. Starlin let his creation do anything and in this case he wanted Thanos to give up the heart. That's the difference between characters who have the "power of the writers" and those who don't. The ones that do, become the most powerful character in their respective company pretty much. Copout argument.

You could use that argument for any comic character, even if they aren't powerful.

It kind of is seeing how people in the real world were complaining about how the Beyonder didn't fit well into their story lines and such. Because he was a stupid character.

Extremely powerful, but that hardly backs up your point.

Air Legend
So, if you allow someone to do something, then that means you were directly involved in whatever they are doing?
No LT had no involvement in that attack, it was all Meph, Eternity, and Beyonder's Bane (and a bunch of villains).

It doesn't have to directly attack the Beyonder to count as an attack. He and the rest of the cosmic hierarchy were part of the attack because they were involved in the plan. Also, all the Mighty of the Multiverse (which includes the LT) could only watch and tremble as the attack was going to take place. Stated by the writers.

Matters not, as you said LT tried to attack Beyonder, and he didn't. He only gave Meph the word that he could do something.

And back to the statement that started this:
"Also, LT never fought Beyonder, so we have no idea how he would fare... and I've never saw LT try to absorb someone...
We just know LT didn't take action against him, and Beyonder was above him."

And you said he did try to attack him, but you weren't going to post scans. smile
It, Metiphiso, and the rest of the cosmic hierarchy planned a sneak attack on the Beyonder and they failed. Besides I didn't even have to prove that LT went toe to toe with the Beyonder because all you said was the LT didn't take action against him, but the LT did by agreeing with Metiphiso on the sneak attack. And besides Classic MM, who was greater than LT (stated by the writers), went toe to toe with the Beyonder and lost. LT would be curbstomped in a battle against the Beyonder. Beyonder was millions of times >>>> than everything else combined.
That explains why Beyonder had to make sure Doom's guard was all the way down, and distracted before, and Beyonder had to possess people to get his powers back.

That last part is a copout, and I can't believe you think that.
Of course, I've stated though that if you can prove this, I'll concede on that point. smile

This fails. If Galactus' tech was actually greater than the Beyonder, it would have stolen all the Beyonder's power. However, this is not the case since the Beyonder let his guard up and then realized his power was being stolen and thus was able to escape with some of his power, on panel. Galactus' was not as powerful as the Beyonder and that's why all his power was stolen. Besides, the whole sequence was PIS as that was the only time Beyonder had some of his powers stolen and Doom was only there because of the Beyonder in the first place.

Well, don't say the words then, if I'm not supposed to take the meaning of it. roll eyes (sarcastic)

That's like telling someone you have a disease, and then laughing at them for believing you (not to the same effect, but the idea is there).

Or saying you believe in Jeebus, and then telling people that: "I can't believe you believed that I believed in Jeebus! roll eyes (sarcastic)"
Are you mentally retarded? You're suppose to take the meaning of it, not the literal statement. If a man says another man has a chest made of steel, does he mean that the person literally has a chest made of steel? NO. He just means that the guy has a muscular chest (or something of the sort). The same thing applies here. It's a figure of speech.
So is Beyonder.

I never said anyone was real life.

Trying to assert real life powers in comic books is ridonkules though.

As a spirit that could only possess people...

Yeah, if you literally think I meant the drawings possessed real world powers. no expression
Copout argument.

You could use that argument for any comic character, even if they aren't powerful.

No you can't. Spider-Man is not the most powerful character in the universe. If Spider-Man had the HOTI, he would become the most powerful character in Marvel and thus have the "power of the writers".
Because he was a stupid character.

Extremely powerful, but that hardly backs up your point.
LOL. I know you want the last word sooo bad. roll eyes (sarcastic)
Classic Beyonder had the power of the writers, not in the literal sense, but in the sense that if Jim Shooter wanted him to do something, Classic Beyonder could do it. Because the character was too powerful, employees of Marvel wanted to permanently remove him, but Jim Shooter wanted the character to be removed with dignity, so instead they ended up retconning him and Classic MM. You either lack intelligence or just plain want to be annoying if you literally think I meant a drawing could have real world powers.

supremthor
mxy can beat him 100/10

Bransolute
F*ck it.

I wrote out a response, and my internet wouldn't respond (and I had to end the program) when I left the computer for a bit.

No way I'm taking the time to write it out again.

Believe me or not, I don't care (as I predicted a dick move as soon as it froze). smile

quanchi112
Originally posted by supremthor
mxy can beat him 100/10 No he couldnt.

supremthor
No he couldnt.

okay fine more like 99.9999/10.okay happy now

Endless Mike
TOAA

Air Legend
F*ck it.

I wrote out a response, and my internet wouldn't respond (and I had to end the program) when I left the computer for a bit.

No way I'm taking the time to write it out again.

Believe me or not, I don't care (as I predicted a dick move as soon as it froze). smile
I know you don't care. You were just trying to be a smart ass, but you ended up biting your own tongue.

Bransolute
but you ended up biting your own tongue. No I didn't... I ended up having my computer freeze up. smile

Mr Master
Just wanted to add,

that though it was Eternity's power being siphoned,
it was the Totality of Eternity (Multiverse)
(in other words, the full power of the entire infinite Multiverse.

http://img413.imageshack.us/img413/4050/mef4zb0.th.jpg
.....................................................................................

This is why when Eternity was going to strike,
the "Mighty of the Multiverse tremble" ... (Living Tribunal included)

http://img136.imageshack.us/img136/1718/mef2dk4.th.jpg
.....................................................................................

This isn't really surprising though as we all know 616 is the foundation of the Omniverse,
and Eternity's heart, the core of his Totality is located in 616.
(as we saw when Dormy & Umar usurped his infinite Multiversal power through pis)

nvrbeenwthagirl
Just wanted to add,

that though it was Eternity's power being siphoned,
it was the Totality of Eternity (Multiverse)
(in other words, the full power of the entire infinite Multiverse.

http://img413.imageshack.us/img413/4050/mef4zb0.th.jpg

This is why when Eternity was going to strike,
the "Mighty of the Multiverse tremble" ... (Living Tribunal included)

http://img136.imageshack.us/img136/1718/mef2dk4.th.jpg

This isn't really surprising though as we all know 616 is the foundation of the Omniverse,
and Eternity's heart, the core of his Totality is located in 616.
(as we saw when Dormy & Umar usurped his infinite Multiversal power through pis)
That entire series was based upon rediculousness that borders on superman's precrisis days. A mere human being with an actual birth date supposedly more powerful than the LT. Foolishness.

leonidas
it is SOOOOO comforting knowing that some things will never change . . .

nvrbeenwthagirl
Originally posted by leonidas
it is SOOOOO comforting knowing that some things will never change . . .

nvr big grin

leonidas
wink

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.