I have a Spider-Man question...

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Scythe
I was reading Spidey's bio on Marvel.com and came across this tidbit of info.

WTF? So he died and apparently came back from the dead? How the hell? Anyone have any scans I can read/see? I found that to be crazy.

Here's the link in case any of you are wondering.

http://marvel.com/universe/Spider-Man_%28Peter_Parker%29

Neo Darkhalen
???

Scythe
Yeah, I don't understand how he died and apparently came back with a more accepting of his powers mentality. Doesn't make sense to me.

steverules
Because the man side of him died but the spider was still alive...he accepted the spider within him and came back more powerful...think of it as him being reborn, he shed his skin and went into a cacoon to gain energy and strength. That the best way I can describe it...the spider side was alive, the man side died...the spider side needed the man side to live and thats what bought him back

Scythe
Originally posted by steverules
Because the man side of him died but the spider was still alive...he accepted the spider within him and came back more powerful...think of it as him being reborn, he shed his skin and went into a cacoon to gain energy and strength. That the best way I can describe it...the spider side was alive, the man side died...the spider side needed the man side to live and thats what bought him back

What the hell? Does anyone know where I can find comic scans of that event happening?

steverules
You could always buy it...thats what I did and I liked it

Scythe
You could always buy it...thats what I did and I liked it

Really? What issue is it?

steverules
Well I have the graphic novel but I can still check, I think it gives the issue numbers...you want the one where he returns, so I will check for that one

Ok found the issue it is in amazing spider-man 527 where it picks up where the last one finished and he is in a cacoon

Scythe
Thanks.

So wait, when he dies, does a cacoon just wrap around him? or what?

steverules
He dies then he sheds his skin later after he has died, then breaks out of the avengers building and wraps up in a cocoon on a beach underneath the brooklyn bridge

Scythe
He dies then he sheds his skin later after he has died, then breaks out of the avengers building and wraps up in a cocoon on a beach underneath the brooklyn bridge

Wow, what's he look like after he's shed his skin?

steverules
I think he just looks the same, I think wiki may be able to describe it better than me...if u still don't understand it then you can buy it if you want. It's the last paragrah of act 3, the one that starts with 'several days' that describes what happens...here is the link:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Spider-man_the_other#Act_Three

Scythe
Sweet, thanks.

steverules
No prob wink

Arachnid1
Dude. Steve. No. Remeber, it explained everything in the book. The reason he came back to life is because it was yet another power he got from some special species of spider that is able to renew its life by sheding its skin and starting over. It only works once, but that was just another power he got.

Scythe
Originally posted by Arachnid1
Dude. Steve. No. Remeber, it explained everything in the book. The reason he came back to life is because it was yet another power he got from some special species of spider that is able to renew its life by sheding its skin and starting over. It only works once, but that was just another power he got.

Really?

Arachnid1
Originally posted by Scythe
Really?
Really.

Scythe
Cool.

steverules
I haven't read it in aaaages, I forgot quite a bit

Neo Darkhalen
Is he Like a Snake then, mixed with a Caterpillar, I have not read the morlun comics in ages, however I know he appeared in the 2001 series.

Morridini
His entire body was completely reborn right?
Even stuff like the appendix and those thingies back in the throat that can be removed that i don't remember English word for, returned (Petey had removed something like that I think).

Neo Darkhalen
Does he have Organ's, I don't think he does?

Sparkz
Basicly he had a power that he could shed his skin and be reborn, the power only works once, it pretty much gives him a brand new body (like no scars or anything) for whatever reason he was more powerful...maybe his body is trying to compensate the fact it died so it wouldn't happen again?

But Spidey was actually dieing even if Morlun hadn't killed him, though just before he died he did seem to become more spider than man, maybe the man had died at that point...

Neo Darkhalen
Originally posted by Neo Darkhalen
Is he Like a Snake then, mixed with a Caterpillar, I have not read the morlun comics in ages, however I know he appeared in the 2001 series.

Sparkz
Originally posted by Morridini
His entire body was completely reborn right?
Even stuff like the appendix and those thingies back in the throat that can be removed that i don't remember English word for, returned (Petey had removed something like that I think).

Tonsils?

Neo Darkhalen
thumb up

Sparkz
Personaly I loved the Other story arc, was a nice read, Though I would have liked Pete to have fought one last bad guy after his resurrection to show us what he can realy do with his new and improved powers, but you can't have everything,

Neo Darkhalen
So true, I want the old classic comic style, with proper Villains, no new powers, and Eddie as Venom in fact I wish the NEW comics never exsisted, they ruin the Spider-man name.

Sparkz
So true, I want the old classic comic style, with proper Villains, no new powers, and Eddie as Venom in fact I wish the NEW comics never exsisted, they ruin the Spider-man name.

proper villains? As opposed to the fake ones he fights now? But I would like to see his classic rouges come back for once. I'm not so fussed about Eddie Venom as long as Gargan actually does something, how long has he had the symbiote? and spent most of his time in prison?

Neo Darkhalen
Never speak of Gargen.

Morridini
Originally posted by Sparkz
Tonsils?
That's the word.

Neo Darkhalen
Indeed, btw Sparkz you don't have a very good SIG do you, Would you like me to make you one.

Sparkz
Never speak of Gargen.

yes dear.

Neo Darkhalen
Good Girl.

Sparkz
Good Girl.

lol girl?? Girl?!?! Is this cause I wore a pink hat most of yesterday?? it suited me ok!

Neo Darkhalen
Good for you.

Sparkz
Good for you.

lol hmmmm I'll take that as a sarcastic comment.

Neo Darkhalen
Well, I did not use a sarcastic simile.

Arachnid1
Personaly I loved the Other story arc, was a nice read, Though I would have liked Pete to have fought one last bad guy after his resurrection to show us what he can realy do with his new and improved powers, but you can't have everything, I agree. Others was AWESOME! Also, the powers weren't really new. He had them already, but failed to discover them because he had stop exploring his spider side. He thought he already knew about all his powers.

Neo Darkhalen
He knows Nothing.

Arachnid1
He knows Nothing. Who the hell are you talking about?

Neo Darkhalen
Calm yourself; to answer you question, Peter Parker of course.

Arachnid1
Calm yourself; to answer you question, Peter Parker of course. Oh. I thought you were talking about me.

Also, Peter knows a lot of thing. He made his own webbing and web shooters which is something scientists in Marvel could only dream of doing. The dude made a mini EPM device which by all intents and purposes, should be impossible, and is yet another thing scientists in Marvel could only dream of doing. Peter Parker is a genius with an IQ of 200 by comic standards and and 100000000 by real life standards. The dude knows all kinds of crap.

Neo Darkhalen
Oh. I thought you were talking about me.

Why would I speak to you in that manner; without any respect towards you?

Sparkz
I agree. Others was AWESOME! Also, the powers weren't really new. He had them already, but failed to discover them because he had stop exploring his spider side. He thought he already knew about all his powers.

I'm talking more along the lines of the enhanced strength and speed.

Neo Darkhalen
and Stamina.

Arachnid1
I'm talking more along the lines of the enhanced strength and speed. Oh. Ya, thats new.

Neo Darkhalen
Whatever happened to the Spider Sense?

Arachnid1
Whatever happened to the Spider Sense? He still has it, of course.

Neo Darkhalen
He never uses it.

Sparkz
Whatever happened to the Spider Sense?

It was improved, if nothing eles mysterios gas dosnt nulify it anymore

Neo Darkhalen
what, I must try and decipher to best of ability's.

Arachnid1
Calm yourself; to answer you question, Peter Parker of course. Hey, Darkhalen. Sorry for snapping at you before dude. I was a little pissed when you talked down to me in the other thread. I thought you were just following it up with an insult to me. My apologies.

Neo Darkhalen
No problem, don't worry about it, I am sorry for talking down to you before, but I would not insult you, especially in another thread, thank you. big grin

Arachnid1
No problem, don't worry about it, I am sorry for talking down to you before, but I would not insult you, especially in another thread, thank you. big grin Alright. Cool. thumbup1

Neo Darkhalen
Nice dude, nice, how are you today my friend.

Arachnid1
Nice dude, nice, how are you today my friend.
Pretty good Dh, pretty good. You?

Neo Darkhalen
A bit Sad, courtesy of Yoshi Paradise, but on the whole fine, thank you for asking.

steverules
Everytime your sad it's cause of yoshi laughing out loud

Neo Darkhalen
That is true, Ozone did once.

steverules
Yeah I remember

Neo Darkhalen
Bad times.

steverules
Me and Ozone get on fine

Neo Darkhalen
I am Fine with him now, he was just annoyed of my Spamming and Multi-posting.

steverules
oh

Neo Darkhalen
So does YP, like to continue the fight while I am gone?

Ha how sad.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.