Nova (Richard Rider) vs. Ion II (Kyle Rayner)

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

id369
So who takes this match?

Galan007
Ion.

Val
lulz

He gets stomped by Green Lantern Kyle Rayner much less any upgrades.

SwindlingSmurph
Good fight.

After a long, drawn out, brutal battle, I see Hulk taking it.

IMO.

id369
I suppose, I guess I cant get a feel of ware Nova is ranked. Or just how strong he is.

Rewmac
He is a bit overrated, I mean Nova. GL Kyle or even John Stewart can beat him.

Photon009
Nova wins. Ion II didnt do anything a regular Green Lantern like Hal couldnt have done, and Nova's been shown to be at the top of the heap of elite top tiers, if not above. He's very underrated, i mean, the guy beat the same Annihilus that owned Quasar like he was nothing. He's also been stated to have the power to cripple the Phalanx, as well as being stated by Annihilus to be more powerful than Quasar. He also survived Galactus' big solar system-destroying blast, including shielding Phyla and Peter Quill from it. Another thing to note is, even when going toe-to-toe with Annihilus, Phyla stil had an extremely hard time breaking out of his shield that he kept up. He's also the only one to break free of the Phalanx's control. And lastly, the last time he had the Nova Force, he owned 2 Heralds, Air-Walker and Firelord, one after another, and the same Nova Force Rich has now is what Garthaan Saal had when he held his own against the combined forces of the East and West Coast Avengers, Quasar, Firelord, and the Fantastic Four. Yet people say he loses to mid level Green Lanterns like GL Kyle and John? That's ridiculous. He wins here, as i said before Ion II Kyle didnt do anything a high end GL like Hal couldnt do. You guys seriously need to check out the Nova Respect Thread:
http://www.killermovies.com/forums/f95/t400279.html

Val
You're an idiot.

batdude123
Originally posted by Val
You're an idiot.

Truth.

Ouallada
I'm pretty sure Annihilus was beating on Nova the whole way through. Nova only snapped his jaw after G blew everything to hell.

Besides, Red shift and Stardust were alluded to be more powerful than Nova during the main annihilation arc. Nova is mid herald level, I would presume.

Soljer
Ion > Kyle > Nova.

Just to letcha know.

Ouallada
Add a lot more ">"s just to show the scale of difference.

Photon009
Originally posted by Val
You're an idiot.

Nah. Im the only smart one here actually. But if you think im such an idiot Ion, why dont you try to prove me wrong? Go ahead, try and point out anything i said that was false in any way.

No, Big G did that big blast before the fight even started, and both Nova and Annihilus were hit by it so it's no excuse for Annihilus. Nova simply beat Annihilus down once Phyla took the Quantum Bands offa him.

And Nova only implied the Heralds being more powerful than him because it was pretty obvious he wanted to keep his power in reserve for a number of reasons such as:
1) He wanted to save it for Annihilus.
2) He didnt want to go nuts again.
etc etc

Nova is more like Annihilation Surfer level, at least.

Val
Originally posted by Photon009
Nah. Im the only smart one here actually. But if you think im such an idiot Ion, why dont you try to prove me wrong? Go ahead, try and point out anything i said that was false in any way.
To be honest I didn't even read your wall of text up there. I've seen enough of your debating to know most things you post are filled with lies, misinterpretations, and your typical bravado.

Only reason I called you an idiot, aside from the obvious, is because you do it to others often enough to the point where even a jerk like me finds it annoying.

B.A
Originally posted by Rewmac
He is a bit overrated, I mean Nova. GL Kyle or even John Stewart can beat him. I disgaree on the John bit. The guy was a powerhouse.

Smart one? lol.

Anyway I want someone to prove him wrong.

Rewmac
Anyone who think Ion can't beat Nove clearly don't have the right amount of information about the Ion powerlevel and his abilities/feats. Nova is nothing special. He fought his battles but he isn't special. Ion on the other hand, one of his powers is that his power level equals to the central battery. He can create a pocket universe easily too and he can just lock Nova into that universe.

/Pocket Universe - When he saved the guardians in an issue of The Ion/

Ouallada

No, Big G did that big blast before the fight even started, and both Nova and Annihilus were hit by it so it's no excuse for Annihilus. Nova simply beat Annihilus down once Phyla took the Quantum Bands offa him.

And Nova only implied the Heralds being more powerful than him because it was pretty obvious he wanted to keep his power in reserve for a number of reasons such as:
1) He wanted to save it for Annihilus.
2) He didnt want to go nuts again.
etc etc

Nova is more like Annihilation Surfer level, at least.

I saw no evidence of Nova and co being affected at all. There was at least a panel or two dedicated to showing that Annihilus was affected, and Nova even said as much.

Nova had already been beaten down by Annihilus in less than four pages before that, with intervention by Phylla. The fact that he only lost AFTER he lost the Q-bands, plus the fact that Wendell and Nova were thrashed by Annihilus (without Q/bands) prior to that meeting shows the difference between Annihilus and Nova in that arc.

Nova implying that the heralds were more powerful is simply that. Admitting that they were more powerful. Him keeping his power in reserve has no impact on his power level.

Photon009
Originally posted by Val
To be honest I didn't even read your wall of text up there. I've seen enough of your debating to know most things you post are filled with lies, misinterpretations, and your typical bravado.

Only reason I called you an idiot, aside from the obvious, is because you do it to others often enough to the point where even a jerk like me finds it annoying.

Well read it and see that you've been proved wrong. Dont dodge like a wuss Ion. Oh, and i dont lie or misinterpret anything buddy.

Considering Nova was hit with the blast and that was clearly shown, it doesnt matter if it's shown if he's hurt or not. So no, Annihilus being weakened is not an excuse because Nova got hit with the same blast, plus shielded Phyla and Peter Quill as well as himself.

Nova was beaten down when he was a rookie with this new power, and it was right after he went insane from going all out, so he didnt want to do that again. And obviously Nova lost when Annihilus had the Q-Bands, but that doesnt make a difference here, since Annihilus didnt have the Q-Bands when he owned Quasar, and thats the Annihilus that Nova beat, putting him way above any GL. In the fight in Annihilation #6 where Nova won, the only difference from their first fight in Annihilation Nova #4 was that this time, Nova got much better control of his powers, and could go all out without being scared of himself.

Except the heralds were not more powerful. And he didnt specifically say they were more powerful. He said they were the only ones that could get rid of Ravenous. If you had common sense, you'd know that he just didnt want to go all out to have to beat Ravenous for the reasons i mentioned earlier, so he sent the heralds after them. He simply didnt want to get his hands dirty until the final battle with Annihilus himself.

Mr.Biscuits
Originally posted by Val
lulz

He gets stomped by Green Lantern Kyle Rayner much less any upgrades.

Galan007
Originally posted by Val

Only reason I called you an idiot, aside from the obvious, is because you do it to others often enough to the point where even a jerk like me finds it annoying. Made me laugh.
herbsmile

Bransolute
Anyway... Nova got buttraped by Annihilus before Annihilus got distracted and Nova found his weakpoint.

And since Ion doesn't have a big gaping mouth that a whole arm can go into, then that is completely irrelevant. smile

roughrider
This is current Nova, carrying all the corps inside him?
Interesting. I think Rider is still more unstable with his power, compared to Kyle carrying Ion.

Ouallada

Considering Nova was hit with the blast and that was clearly shown, it doesnt matter if it's shown if he's hurt or not. So no, Annihilus being weakened is not an excuse because Nova got hit with the same blast, plus shielded Phyla and Peter Quill as well as himself.

It's not an excuse for Annihilus losing the battle, but it sure takes away from Nova's win. Getting hit by G's blast + Phylla's inteference + losing the Q-bands. The very fact that Nova was shielded already means that Annihilus started out weaker. Explain your lack of logical thought please.

So your logic in short is that Nova > Anni without Q-bands + weakened by G's blast > GL?

Plus, he already defeated both without the Q-bands.

Reasons that do not stand. Ravenous was a large enough threat to the resistance forces that it was ridiculous to assume that Nova sought to avoid a fight if he was better equipped than the heralds to beat Ravenous. If you had the common sense that you keep alluding to, where exactly is it stated that he didn't want to fight Ravenous for those reasons you mentioned?

starlock
Ion for the easy win

Estacado
Nova wins. Ion II didnt do anything a regular Green Lantern like Hal couldnt have done, and Nova's been shown to be at the top of the heap of elite top tiers, if not above. He's very underrated, i mean, the guy beat the same Annihilus that owned Quasar like he was nothing. He's also been stated to have the power to cripple the Phalanx, as well as being stated by Annihilus to be more powerful than Quasar. He also survived Galactus' big solar system-destroying blast, including shielding Phyla and Peter Quill from it. Another thing to note is, even when going toe-to-toe with Annihilus, Phyla stil had an extremely hard time breaking out of his shield that he kept up. He's also the only one to break free of the Phalanx's control. And lastly, the last time he had the Nova Force, he owned 2 Heralds, Air-Walker and Firelord, one after another, and the same Nova Force Rich has now is what Garthaan Saal had when he held his own against the combined forces of the East and West Coast Avengers, Quasar, Firelord, and the Fantastic Four. Yet people say he loses to mid level Green Lanterns like GL Kyle and John? That's ridiculous. He wins here, as i said before Ion II Kyle didnt do anything a high end GL like Hal couldnt do. You guys seriously need to check out the Nova Respect Thread:
http://www.killermovies.com/forums/f95/t400279.html Originally posted by Val
You're an idiot.

supremthor
Originally posted by Val
You're an idiot.

laughing out loud laughing out loud that was perfect

Erik-Lensherr
Originally posted by Bransolute
Anyway... Nova got buttraped by Annihilus before Annihilus got distracted and Nova found his weakpoint.

And since Ion doesn't have a big gaping mouth that a whole arm can go into, then that is completely irrelevant. smile

laughing

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.