Mister X vs Midnighter

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

endrict
Fight takes place on a roof top.

Who wins?

Warrior18
Bump

Survivor19
Not gay one.

Trackz
goood fight, these two are pretty even.

Kris Blaze
It would probably be a stalemate if they were both equally strong, fast and durable. By the looks of Mister X only has one speed feat.

Trackz
Originally posted by Kris Blaze
It would probably be a stalemate if they were both equally strong, fast and durable. By the looks of Mister X only has one speed feat. but his speed feat is an insane one.

Digi
I don't know who Mister X is, but judging from the sudden surge of threads and the fact that I'm oblivious to him, means that he probably just had an absolutely sick feat in a cameo appearance, and now people are rushing to make threads with too little evidence to make accurate estimations about his power (this thread notwithstanding, as it's from '07). About right, or am I off the mark?

Trackz
Originally posted by Digi
I don't know who Mister X is, but judging from the sudden surge of threads and the fact that I'm oblivious to him, means that he probably just had an absolutely sick feat in a cameo appearance, and now people are rushing to make threads with too little evidence to make accurate estimations about his power (this thread notwithstanding, as it's from '07). About right, or am I off the mark? he's been a part of the thunderbolts for a while, he's a wolverine enemy

Konton
I don't know who Mister X is, but judging from the sudden surge of threads and the fact that I'm oblivious to him, means that he probably just had an absolutely sick feat in a cameo appearance, and now people are rushing to make threads with too little evidence to make accurate estimations about his power (this thread notwithstanding, as it's from '07). About right, or am I off the mark?

He's a Wolverine villain who uses a form of telepathy that lets him predict his opponents moves. He's supposed to be this monster of a fighter, but I think he's just over hyped.

KingD19
Midnighter wins easily. He's stronger, more durable, and has a very powerful healing factor. Plus, his mind moves so fast, that while Mister X could try and predict his moves, predicting more than a couple hundred in only a few seconds will either leave him dumb, or make his head go cersplode.

Also, once Midnighter takes into account that Mister.X is somehow predicting his moves(if the fight makes it this far), then his mind will take that into account with the predictions. Making the fight just a slight bit harder, but still fairly easy.

Battlehammer
Originally posted by KingD19
Midnighter wins easily. He's stronger, more durable, and has a very powerful healing factor. Plus, his mind moves so fast, that while Mister X could try and predict his moves, predicting more than a couple hundred in only a few seconds will either leave him dumb, or make his head go cersplode.

Also, once Midnighter takes into account that Mister.X is somehow predicting his moves(if the fight makes it this far), then his mind will take that into account with the predictions. Making the fight just a slight bit harder, but still fairly easy.

Most everything you just said is wrong and midnighter could do nothing to stop Mr.X powers working on him. It does not matter how man simulation you have going, his body automaticly lock onto your impulses, he actually does not to read anythiny, it like spider-senses on steriods.

KingD19
He uses his telepathy to read your mind on the lowest level and predict/react to your movements.

And Mignighter is stronger, more durable, and he has a healing factor, correct me if I'm wrong.

His mind/battle computer let's him go through a huge amount of scenarios almost instantly, and he moves so fast that he can't be seen.

I'm pretty sure he takes this.

StiltmanFTW
His nervous system automatically maps on to neural motor-function precursors of anyone in close proximity.

http://img5.imageshack.us/img5/8248/thunderbolts132page011.th.jpg http://img504.imageshack.us/img504/4286/thunderbolts132page012.th.jpg

Battlehammer
He uses his telepathy to read your mind on the lowest level and predict/react to your movements.

And Mignighter is stronger, more durable, and he has a healing factor, correct me if I'm wrong.

His mind/battle computer let's him go through a huge amount of scenarios almost instantly, and he moves so fast that he can't be seen.

I'm pretty sure he takes this.

look above.

Prep-Man
Midnighter ftw.

srankmissingnin
X. Midnighter's healing factor isn't nearly as fast as Wolverine's, his physically attributes aren't quite as high and his one advantage is nixed completely by X's telepathy.

Prep-Man
Midnighter is fast. He easily tagged a super speedster around classic Quicksilver level.

Digi
It should be noted that Midnighter altered his implants at one point to be resistant to telepaths, after being messed up pretty badly by one. Also, telepathically reading thoughts to predict movement is fine, but is there any evidence that X could sift through the millions of thoughts traveling through MN'ers head each second? To say his mind works faster than a regular humans is a vast, vast understatement.

KingD19
Also, just because he body tries to react, doesn't mean it's fast enough. I could try to react to a bullet, or Quicksilver, but that doesn't mean I can.

srankmissingnin
It should be noted that Midnighter altered his implants at one point to be resistant to telepaths, after being messed up pretty badly by one. Also, telepathically reading thoughts to predict movement is fine, but is there any evidence that X could sift through the millions of thoughts traveling through MN'ers head each second? To say his mind works faster than a regular humans is a vast, vast understatement.

Read the scans...

Originally posted by StiltmanFTW
His nervous system automatically maps on to neural motor-function precursors of anyone in close proximity.

http://img5.imageshack.us/img5/8248/thunderbolts132page011.th.jpg http://img504.imageshack.us/img504/4286/thunderbolts132page012.th.jpg

He reads motorfunction precursors, not just thoughts

KingD19
Even if he reads them, how can he keep up with Midnighter? The guy took down 30 people in a very short amount of time, they had powers, and none of them touched him.

srankmissingnin
Even if he reads them, how can he keep up with Midnighter? The guy took down 30 people in a very short amount of time, they had powers, and none of them touched him.

Because Mr. X is a Z-list rip off of an established character, like the guys Midnighter fights?

Battlehammer
Originally posted by guy222
http://s1d4.turboimagehost.com/t/2114074_Thunderbolts_135_003.jpg http://s1d4.turboimagehost.com/t/2114075_Thunderbolts_135_004.jpg http://s1d4.turboimagehost.com/t/2114076_Thunderbolts_135_005.jpg http://s1d4.turboimagehost.com/t/2114077_Thunderbolts_135_006.jpg http://s1d4.turboimagehost.com/t/2114078_Thunderbolts_135_007.jpg http://s1d4.turboimagehost.com/t/2114079_Thunderbolts_135_008.jpg

KingD19
He didn't block bullets because he was fast, he blocked bullets because of a combination of skill, and him knowing where Widow would aim.

Digi
Originally posted by srankmissingnin
Read the scans...
He reads motorfunction precursors, not just thoughts

I did before, but thanks for posting them again. I was just putting everything out there about Midnighter that might be relevant.

Motorfunction precursors are brain impulses. The synaptic pulse is what precedes motor function. Midnighter has shielded his implants from telepathic intrusion. Ergo, the thing that sends signals to his muscles. Therefore, it's reasonable to assume that X can't predict him because his neural implants are unreadable.

srug

Battlehammer
just becuase you know were some will aim does not mean you have the reaction speed to block it. Let a lone from a meta human with black widow level skill or move so fast taskmaster you make taskmaster look slow.

KingD19
His speed is still lesser than Midnighters.

Battlehammer
I did before, but thanks for posting them again. I was just putting everything out there about Midnighter that might be relevant.

Motorfunction precursors are brain impulses. The synaptic pulse is what precedes motor function. Midnighter has shielded his implants from telepathic intrusion. Ergo, the thing that sends signals to his muscles. Therefore, it's reasonable to assume that X can't predict him because his neural implants are unreadable.
It would if X had not done this to both wolverine and black widow who both posses strong mental blacks. wolverine been able to shrug off emma before to assume midnighters can is srtetching.

Battlehammer
His speed is still lesser than Midnighters.
You keep saying this over and over, but it does not make it true.

notice you don't know much about x from well the fact you dont even know his powers nor obviously neevr read him.

KingD19
I did read that issue, that's the one where Songbird says something like, you can predict this soundwave, but that doesn't mean there's a damn thing you can do about it.

They've always billed X as a low level telepath who uses his ability to predict his opponents moves. They just added that part in that issue.

And as was stated, Midnighter has tagged speedsters before, he moves faster than Speedster's can keep up with, etc....

Battlehammer
I did read that issue, that's the one where Songbird says something like, you can predict this soundwave, but that doesn't mean there's a damn thing you can do about it.

They've always billed X as a low level telepath who uses his ability to predict his opponents moves. They just added that part in that issue.

And as was stated, Midnighter has tagged speedsters before, he moves faster than Speedster's can keep up with, etc....
yea you read it becuase I jsut posted .

Thats his power, stated right there, ignoring stated fact is rediculous.

might as well say "I like midnighter so he wins"

No he does not, he tagged a speedstir whoopy capt done it, robin down it nw done it, hell wolverine did it who X has beaten.

Digi
Originally posted by Battlehammer
It would if X had not done this to both wolverine and black widow who both posses strong mental blacks. wolverine been able to shrug off emma before to assume midnighters can is srtetching.

Ok. I'm still of the opinion that he could block any telepath. Jackson King couldn't read his mind, and he's a mid-level telepath. Similar to Emma in scope. Simply assuming that a person would be affected when there's literally no evidence to suggest that they can be is a bit overzealous, don't you think?

KingD19
No, I actually read it a couple days ago, since you only posted the part where Widow was shooting at him, not the part when Songbird takes him down, or when they tag Nick Fury, or any of the other scans I saw that you didn't post, since I saw the whole thing.

I never said he didn't do that, what I said was, they've always billed him as a low level TP who predicts movement, they just added the new part in that issue, I never said it wasn't valid.

I can post scans of Midnighter being awesome if you'd like.

And as far as I know, X has never fought anybody with cognitive capabilities, skill, speed, and all the other aces that Midnighter has.

And I would appreciate it if you stop trying to undermine my intelligence.

Battlehammer
Ok. I'm still of the opinion that he could block any telepath. Jackson King couldn't read his mind, and he's a mid-level telepath. Similar to Emma in scope. Simply assuming that a person would be affected when there's literally no evidence to suggest that they can be is a bit overzealous, don't you think?
emma not a mid level telepath by the way.

Wolverine block emma, jean ect. powers workm against him He proven his TP resistences much more then midnighter. also x read black widow who was unable to be read by any of osborn people and x read her like a book. to assume midnighter can block his powers seem to be wishful thinking to be honest.

srankmissingnin

Is this speedster your talking about the random fodder that Midnighter blitzed in the first arch than displayed nothing other than flight speed... or the idiot that chased Midnighter into an air-duct and collided with his leg?

KingD19
Okay, put it like this, barring the speed and X's telepathy, Midnighter is clearly superhuman, unharmed after getting kicked over a kilometer. Nothing X will do can even hurt him, and eventually, X will get tired, while Midnighter will still be going strong. What will X do then?

srankmissingnin
Okay, put it like this, barring the speed and X's telepathy, Midnighter is clearly superhuman, unharmed after getting kicked over a kilometer. Nothing X will do can even hurt him, and eventually, X will get tired, while Midnighter will still be going strong. What will X do then?

And Wolverine has been unharmed after being punched across state lines, and kicked from the United States into Georgia (the country).

Midnighter's healing factor is tame, it isn't nearly fast enough to give him a significant advantage. If X gets eviscerates him, it will end the fight. If he works arteries and bleeds him out, he will end the fight. If he hits anyone of Midnigher's major organs, he will end the fight. If he removes a limb, he will end the fight.

Digi
emma not a mid level telepath by the way.

Wolverine block emma, jean ect. powers workm against him He proven his TP resistences much more then midnighter. also x read black widow who was unable to be read by any of osborn people and x read her like a book. to assume midnighter can block his powers seem to be wishful thinking to be honest.

My point stands. There exists no evidence of Mner being read by a telepath, and he has specifically altered his implants to block such intrusions.

But I know how much you like to rep certain characters, so I'm not going to get into a fruitless "yuh-huh, nuh-uh" type of debate that neither one of us has the evidence to prove beyond doubt.

KingD19
He's going to do this with no weapons??? Midnighter has taken things X wish he could dish out, and he kept going. What can X really do to him? And Midnighter's mind plays out scenarios, millions of them, one of them will involve X's defeat.

srankmissingnin
Wolverine has a natural resistance to tk, he has years of "physic scar" tissue improving his natural fortitude, and Level 10 Psi-Blockers ontop of that... and Mr. X had no trouble reading his moves.

Battlehammer
I dont have the time at the moment to respond to all of this. king look at the scans he carries weapons. please stop pretending you know the character and then state incorrect facts.

Battlehammer
Wolverine has a natural resistance to tk, he has years of "physic scar" tissue improving his natural fortitude, and Level 10 Psi-Blockers ontop of that... and Mr. X had no trouble reading his moves.

and black widow was unable to resist osborn people and trick him for months, and X not only sensed she was off, his powers still worked on her.

also they can't have it both ways. so either X pulled off the feat with using powers, or he did it with out which would mean he does not even need his telepathy to effortlly black meta human as skill as black widow machine gun firer.

srankmissingnin
He's going to do this with no weapons??? Midnighter has taken things X wish he could dish out, and he kept going. What can X really do to him? And Midnighter's mind plays out scenarios, millions of them, one of them will involve X's defeat.

Luckily he has weapons! eek!

Based on Midnighter's own accounts five possible win scenarios is his average. Either he sucks ass, or Billions of scenarios per second is a hyperbole. Doesn't matter wither way, while Midnighter is going through "a billion possible options" for what X might, X knows what Midnighter will do.

Battlehammer
it even worses then that X body reflexively does it lol. which mean he has what H1 pumps spiderman to be.

srankmissingnin
And Mr. X has superhuman speed. First off, he's shown himself to be fast enough to react to the information he is gleaming off Wolverine, something that Pyslocke has been unable to do (and she is - at the very least - peak human in speed). Secondly, he was shown to be significantly faster than Taskmaster (who has legitimate bullet time feats) in blood sport, seemingly materializing at the top of the cage when Taskmaster was only feet away from the exit even though X had been shown to be standing ring level.

And everyone has seen the bullet blocking feat.

StiltmanFTW

Level 9 blockers.

--
Not gonna pick the winner as I'm not familiar with Midnighter character and his feats.

comicfan11
Reflecting some bullets fired from BW and sneak attacking SB is hardly a feat Midnighter can't achieve.

His physical attributes are also on a whole different level and I'm not only discussing speed.
Plus he has TP resistance.

In short Midnighter ftw.

Lord Feron
Doesn't X whoops wolvie's ass everytime unless he goes into a beserker rage and X can't really perdict his movement?

yeah I don't really know much about Midnighter but X is impressive combatant.

Kris Blaze

dmills
X is a tough sob, Midnighter is an absolute beast. idk who takes it. One things for sure, we'll all know just how good X is after Thunderbolts #136 comes out. He's supposedly fights Ironfist.

Kris Blaze
I wonder how someone would claim that it's logically for Mister X to not be able to predict Wolverine's movements when he's in feral rage, yet claim that he would be able to predict Midnighter. The reason why Wolverine became impossible to predict in feral rage, was because he acted on pure instinct. How would this make it any more difficult to read his movements? It wouldn't. It would only make it more difficult to read his mind properly, since he's not thinking like a human being anymore.

Considering that Midnighter's implants are technological, and that he replays over a million different scenarios, it's safe to say that his line of thinking is not human.

complexbrother
everyone forgets that when Wolvie shut off his conscious brain and went into berserker mode, X couldn't read him (I just read it in the comic) and he had to escape. forget about wolverine this about Mr. X and Midnighter

stats from their prospective companies

Midnighter...
PowersBattle Precognition (Mental Induction): ability is his power to predict how a battle will happen before it starts. His 'fight implants' include a 'combat computer' that allows him to run through a given combat situation millions of times in his mind, almost instantly covering nearly every possible result before the first punch is even thrown. He uses this information to predict the actions and or reactions of his foes, counteracting their moves almost before they even think to make them. According to Midnighter, his powers also work by letting him see the outcome of the battle he wants, and working backwards, following the right steps to get there.

Tactical Senses: Midnighter's senses allow him to detect any modifications or powers in anyone he looks at, as well as how they work, so he can defeat them. He can detect what special abilities a opponent has, he can see the enhancements. He can detect the increased electrical activity in an opponents brain.

Telescopic Vision
Thermal Vision
Enhanced Hearing: able to directionally tune into where exactly wants to hear.
Fight Implants: Midnighter's abilities were designed by Bendix to give him an all encompassing advantage in close-combat.

Enhanced Strength: He has fiber-lined muscle increasing his strength (he can dismember opponents with his bare hands and feet)
Enhanced Speed: Midnighter can move faster than the human (and even superhuman) eye in a quick speed burst, an effect perhaps created by his always possessing the element of surprise. He normally moves at slightly above human speed but can move so fast that enemies with super speed can't see him, though he can't stay at that speed for long.
Enhanced Durability
Enhanced Coordination: Midnighter's body has been altered to give him inhuman balance.
Enhanced Reflexes: Midnighter's body has been altered to give him faster nerve endings so he can react quicker than any human and many superhumans.
Survival Implants: Implants used to keep him fighting in the worst of conditions.

Pain Receptor Control: He can turn his pain receptors on and off so he can keep fighting when the pain would stop a normal man, and has implants that numb him to most pain - he has undergone major surgery while awake and alert. The pain is not totally cut off though, so his healing factor is also very helpful.
Enhanced Healing: Though not on the level of certain Marvel or DC characters, Midnighter does heal much faster than a normal human. He's fought with, and healed from, a broken neck, broken limbs, holes through his chest, having his whole body set on fire, contracting various viruses (including AIDS), and other things.
Super-Enhanced Immune System: to the point where HIV was defeated in six weeks and the common cold never stays more than a couple of minutes. After The Doctor overdosed himself with heroin, physicians used a shot of Midnighter's blood to jumpstart his system by deactivating his opiate receptors.
Environmental Adaptation: He can survive in anaerobic environments for short periods and possesses a secondary heart should the first one be rendered unusable. Midnighter has no need to use the bathroom and can go without food or water for an undetermined (but undoubtedly long) amount of time.AbilitiesWeapons Master: He also speaks German and can apparently operate several types of outdated weaponry, as evidenced by his use of WWI artillery while chronologically displaced.

Master of Stealth: Midnighter is also quite adept at stealth. He is known to only be seen when he wants to be seen.

Master Combatant: He is a close-quarters killer, having quite effortlessly slaughtered close to 30 superpowered soldiers by himself, without being so much as touched by them.

Omni-lingual

Master TacticianWeaknessesPsionics: a sufficiently powered psychic can shut down his mental enhancements making his ability to calculate a fight null and void.
http://wildstormresource.wetpaint.com/page/Midnighter

Mister X
Powers
Mister X is a low-level telepath and uses his powers to read an opponent's mind during a physical confrontation. Mister X is able to "see" his opponents moves before they execute them, enabling him to already be several steps ahead. Mister X's ability makes him extraordinarily effective in combat, even against an opponent with superhuman physical attributes like Wolverine. Mister X's powers, however, have proven to be ineffective against Wolverine once he slips into a "Berserker Rage."

Abilities
Mister X is a master of all known forms of armed and unarmed combat, including numerous martial arts, boxing, and swordplay. He is also an expert assassin and escape artist, and is highly proficient with many weapons. Through years of intensive training, Mister X has honed his body and physical attributes to the pinnacle of human conditioning.
http://marvel.com/universe/Mister_X

IMO Midnighter takes the W .

Juk3n
was all that ^ needed?

Midnighter ftw btw.

godking
Originally posted by complexbrother
everyone forgets that when Wolvie shut off his conscious brain and went into berserker mode, X couldn't read him (I just read it in the comic) and he had to escape. forget about wolverine this about Mr. X and Midnighter

stats from their prospective companies

Midnighter...
PowersBattle Precognition (Mental Induction): ability is his power to predict how a battle will happen before it starts. His 'fight implants' include a 'combat computer' that allows him to run through a given combat situation millions of times in his mind, almost instantly covering nearly every possible result before the first punch is even thrown. He uses this information to predict the actions and or reactions of his foes, counteracting their moves almost before they even think to make them. According to Midnighter, his powers also work by letting him see the outcome of the battle he wants, and working backwards, following the right steps to get there.

Tactical Senses: Midnighter's senses allow him to detect any modifications or powers in anyone he looks at, as well as how they work, so he can defeat them. He can detect what special abilities a opponent has, he can see the enhancements. He can detect the increased electrical activity in an opponents brain.

Telescopic Vision
Thermal Vision
Enhanced Hearing: able to directionally tune into where exactly wants to hear.
Fight Implants: Midnighter's abilities were designed by Bendix to give him an all encompassing advantage in close-combat.

Enhanced Strength: He has fiber-lined muscle increasing his strength (he can dismember opponents with his bare hands and feet)
Enhanced Speed: Midnighter can move faster than the human (and even superhuman) eye in a quick speed burst, an effect perhaps created by his always possessing the element of surprise. He normally moves at slightly above human speed but can move so fast that enemies with super speed can't see him, though he can't stay at that speed for long.
Enhanced Durability
Enhanced Coordination: Midnighter's body has been altered to give him inhuman balance.
Enhanced Reflexes: Midnighter's body has been altered to give him faster nerve endings so he can react quicker than any human and many superhumans.
Survival Implants: Implants used to keep him fighting in the worst of conditions.

Pain Receptor Control: He can turn his pain receptors on and off so he can keep fighting when the pain would stop a normal man, and has implants that numb him to most pain - he has undergone major surgery while awake and alert. The pain is not totally cut off though, so his healing factor is also very helpful.
Enhanced Healing: Though not on the level of certain Marvel or DC characters, Midnighter does heal much faster than a normal human. He's fought with, and healed from, a broken neck, broken limbs, holes through his chest, having his whole body set on fire, contracting various viruses (including AIDS), and other things.
Super-Enhanced Immune System: to the point where HIV was defeated in six weeks and the common cold never stays more than a couple of minutes. After The Doctor overdosed himself with heroin, physicians used a shot of Midnighter's blood to jumpstart his system by deactivating his opiate receptors.
Environmental Adaptation: He can survive in anaerobic environments for short periods and possesses a secondary heart should the first one be rendered unusable. Midnighter has no need to use the bathroom and can go without food or water for an undetermined (but undoubtedly long) amount of time.AbilitiesWeapons Master: He also speaks German and can apparently operate several types of outdated weaponry, as evidenced by his use of WWI artillery while chronologically displaced.

Master of Stealth: Midnighter is also quite adept at stealth. He is known to only be seen when he wants to be seen.

Master Combatant: He is a close-quarters killer, having quite effortlessly slaughtered close to 30 superpowered soldiers by himself, without being so much as touched by them.

Omni-lingual

Master TacticianWeaknessesPsionics: a sufficiently powered psychic can shut down his mental enhancements making his ability to calculate a fight null and void.
http://wildstormresource.wetpaint.com/page/Midnighter

Mister X
Powers
Mister X is a low-level telepath and uses his powers to read an opponent's mind during a physical confrontation. Mister X is able to "see" his opponents moves before they execute them, enabling him to already be several steps ahead. Mister X's ability makes him extraordinarily effective in combat, even against an opponent with superhuman physical attributes like Wolverine. Mister X's powers, however, have proven to be ineffective against Wolverine once he slips into a "Berserker Rage."

Abilities
Mister X is a master of all known forms of armed and unarmed combat, including numerous martial arts, boxing, and swordplay. He is also an expert assassin and escape artist, and is highly proficient with many weapons. Through years of intensive training, Mister X has honed his body and physical attributes to the pinnacle of human conditioning.
http://marvel.com/universe/Mister_X

IMO Midnighter takes the W . Midnighter cannot go into ''berserker'' mode .

Unless midnighter has an attack X can do nothing against even if he can predict it X wins this .

Kris Blaze
Originally posted by godking
Midnighter cannot go into ''berserker'' mode .

Unless midnighter has an attack X can do nothing against even if he can predict it X wins this .

Do you know why Mister X can't predict Wolverine in beserker mode? It's either because of two reasons. Because Wolverine's "thinking/neural things" are not human enough, or because they're too well shielded. Both are things that would also apply to Midnighter no expression

Digi

So I believed. But he can affect Wolverine, so apparently all of my arguments are moot.

dmills
One thing we have to take into account is how much CIS Mister X will have once Marvel gets through with him. He's already displaying abilities far beyond his stated powers so we'll see.

Ize19
So I believed. But he can affect Wolverine, so apparently all of my arguments are moot.

When you have somebody who has untested (psychic) defenses that have withstood a mid-level attack, up against somebody with a (psychich) offense that has proven effective against incredibly tough defenses, it is unreasonable to assume that the defense will win over the offense, because "there's no proof that it won't." You need proof that it will, and you haven't provided that.

Digi
Originally posted by Ize19
When you have somebody who has untested (psychic) defenses that have withstood a mid-level attack, up against somebody with a (psychich) offense that has proven effective against incredibly tough defenses, it is unreasonable to assume that the defense will win over the offense, because "there's no proof that it won't." You need proof that it will, and you haven't provided that.

Um. Heh. Agreed in full. Though you may have missed the part where I stated that neither side can prove their case in this particular point. And we can't. I never claimed to be able to, and just presented the information that was relevant to the fight for consideration.

Because that street goes both ways. No, we can't assume the defense would win. On that I agree with you. But does that mean that it is reasonable to assume the offense would, given just as little evidence? No.

So here's the info, once again:
- MN'ers mind is as much machine-operated as man.
- It operates at the speed of roughly a million of thoughts per second.
- It has been altered to block telepathic intrusion, and successfully blocked Jackson King. Jackson pulled a few other tricks on MNer, but couldn't read his thoughts or directly assault his mind.

It's really a shame, because the battle likely hinges upon whether or not X could read MN'ers thoughts. And since we can't determine it for sure, we can't take a definitive stance on the battle. If you think X could do it, cool. I think all of those things combined would make it impossible for him to do so. He'd need to be able to read mechnical "thoughts" and impulses, and at a rate that no one outside of Flash is capable of. But it's my opinion, not a statement that I am claiming to be absolute fact.

Ize19
Um. Heh. Agreed in full. Though you may have missed the part where I stated that neither side can prove their case in this particular point. And we can't. I never claimed to be able to, and just presented the information that was relevant to the fight for consideration.

Because that street goes both ways. No, we can't assume the defense would win. On that I agree with you. But does that mean that it is reasonable to assume the offense would, given just as little evidence? No.

So here's the info, once again:
- MN'ers mind is as much machine-operated as man.
- It operates at the speed of roughly a million of thoughts per second.
- It has been altered to block telepathic intrusion, and successfully blocked Jackson King. Jackson pulled a few other tricks on MNer, but couldn't read his thoughts or directly assault his mind.

It's really a shame, because the battle likely hinges upon whether or not X could read MN'ers thoughts. And since we can't determine it for sure, we can't take a definitive stance on the battle. If you think X could do it, cool. I think all of those things combined would make it impossible for him to do so. He'd need to be able to read mechnical "thoughts" and impulses, and at a rate that no one outside of Flash is capable of. But it's my opinion, not a statement that I am claiming to be absolute fact.

Yeah, I got that part. It just seemed unreasonable to me that you wanted to give the benefit of the doubt to MN. As I see it, you have three facts, all of which are nullified by the fact that Mr. X's nervous system automatically maps onto the signals in the body that tell the body to move. That means that his body is automatically responding to every action MN will make, so he doesn't have to comprehend those signals before taking action. As for whether or not he can get past his blockers, getting past Black Widow's, and especially Wolverine's defenses is definitely a better feat than blocking Jackson King, whom you called a "mid-level telepath." Seems to me, if he's got that going for him, then his superior fighting ability and equal speed give him the majority. IMO, of course.

KingD19
I ask you this, just because X can respond to Midnighter's movement, does that mean he can keep up with them? Also, if X tries to block, Midnighter hits hard enough to shatter his bones with no effort.

Digi
Yeah, I got that part. It just seemed unreasonable to me that you wanted to give the benefit of the doubt to MN. As I see it, you have three facts, all of which are nullified by the fact that Mr. X's nervous system automatically maps onto the signals in the body that tell the body to move. That means that his body is automatically responding to every action MN will make, so he doesn't have to comprehend those signals before taking action. As for whether or not he can get past his blockers, getting past Black Widow's, and especially Wolverine's defenses is definitely a better feat than blocking Jackson King, whom you called a "mid-level telepath." Seems to me, if he's got that going for him, then his superior fighting ability and equal speed give him the majority. IMO, of course.

He maps onto "motorfunction precursors" (the comic's words, not mine). Those would be synaptic impulses. As in, the mind. He's not mapping his predictive ability onto the muscles themselves, as your post seems to suggest. So again, his nervous system would need to predict mechanical signals moving at millions of thoughts per second. Even if we do give his the benefit of the doubt and say he gets past MNer's telepathic blocks, that's far beyond anything he's done thus far.

Though the better question might be, would their powers cancel each other out? MNer knows what you're going to do before you do it as well. Let's give X the benefit of the doubt and say he's predicting Mner. What's to stop MNer from predicting him as well? Seems like we would have canceling predictive abilities, at which point it would come down to skill. Both are skilled and somewhat metahuman. I'd go with "who knows" at that point.

Kris Blaze
If only Mister X' work, he might win.
If they cancel eachother out, Midnighter wins.
If only Midnighter's work, he is guaranteed to win.

dmills
What if Midnighter's computer tells him it's best to fight X defensively then offensively? How would X's power work with that variable? Assuming that Midnighter knows what X is capable of of course.

Ize19
He maps onto "motorfunction precursors" (the comic's words, not mine). Those would be synaptic impulses. As in, the mind. He's not mapping his predictive ability onto the muscles themselves, as your post seems to suggest. So again, his nervous system would need to predict mechanical signals moving at millions of thoughts per second. Even if we do give his the benefit of the doubt and say he gets past MNer's telepathic blocks, that's far beyond anything he's done thus far.

Though the better question might be, would their powers cancel each other out? MNer knows what you're going to do before you do it as well. Let's give X the benefit of the doubt and say he's predicting Mner. What's to stop MNer from predicting him as well? Seems like we would have canceling predictive abilities, at which point it would come down to skill. Both are skilled and somewhat metahuman. I'd go with "who knows" at that point.

No, I'm not suggesting that it maps onto his muscles, otherwise MN's psychic blockers wouldn't even come into play. Last I checked, MN doesn't make millions of body adjustments every second, so I fail to see how his ability to see millions of scenarios every second helps him avoid X's ability to read his next move.

If MN's ability does cancel out Mr. X's, which I doubt, then that gives X the advantage. MN might be skilled, but when has he ever punked the equivalent of Taskmaster, or shown skills equal to Wolverine? Something tells me having battle computers in his head isn't quite a match for finding martial arts masters around the world, learning everything from them, then killing them. Because Mr. X doesn't have a lot of appearances, it is ambiguous, but I'd go with him more often than not.

Kris Blaze
facepalm

Digi
...or shown skills equal to Wolverine?

Heh.

I've made my case, and don't feel like making it over and over again in a fruitless discussion. Agree to disagree and whatnot. It's a forum battle with too little evidence to prove one or the other, but only to make educated guesses. The info is now out there for others to form their own opinions.

Kris Blaze
Digi just displayed unparalleled selfrestraint.

In fights like these I assume both powers would in a way cancel or match eachother, which seems to be the most fair. When so little evidence is provided it's only reasonable to assume that neither side gets a particular advantage. Which is naturally where certain posts will show up with their unbridled bias and rage.

With both "predict-a-bilities" gone, Midnighter is clearly superior.

srankmissingnin
Heh.

I've made my case, and don't feel like making it over and over again in a fruitless discussion. Agree to disagree and whatnot. It's a forum battle with too little evidence to prove one or the other, but only to make educated guesses. The info is now out there for others to form their own opinions.

But didn't you also make the case that Midnighter was unaffected when Seth broke his neck? evil face

And for the record, would you be so kind to show where Midnighter has said he is now immune to telepathy, and had that statement confirmed by a psychic?

srankmissingnin
Digi just displayed unparalleled selfrestraint.

In fights like these I assume both powers would in a way cancel or match eachother, which seems to be the most fair. When so little evidence is provided it's only reasonable to assume that neither side gets a particular advantage. Which is naturally where certain posts will show up with their unbridled bias and rage.

With both "predict-a-bilities" gone, Midnighter is clearly superior.

Mr. X knows what you are going to do. Midnighter knows what you might do.

Kris Blaze

Then explain how he did not know what angry Wolverine was going to do.

srankmissingnin
Then explain how he did not know what angry Wolverine was going to do.

If you had read the comic you'd know that it only gave Wolverine a temporary advantage because it caught X off guard and by Wolverine's own admittance it wouldn't work a second time.

And FYI Wolverine's berserker rage is more than an "angry" Wolverine.

Kris Blaze
If you had read the comic you'd know that it only gave Wolverine a temporary advantage because it caught X off guard and by Wolverine's own admittance it wouldn't work a second time.

Then why did it work in the bloodsport tournament? It's worked twice no expression

The **** are you trying here? Claiming I haven't read THE incident, when they fought twice and it worked both times. You don't have to be a certified member of the Wolverine-fellatio club to read his comics.

srankmissingnin
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v207/sinister_samurai/th_Page_22.jpg

You where saying something? I believe it was about how you had read the issue? Don't fell bad, maybe you just ignore things that don't support your oppinion?

Kris Blaze
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v207/sinister_samurai/th_Page_22.jpg

You where saying something? I believe it was about how you had read the issue? Don't fell bad, maybe you just ignore things that don't suit your oppinion?

Yeah.

How was it a one-trick pony when it had worked once before? I'm curious.

Battlehammer
Berserker Wolverine is a beast, he better in every aspect when Berserker acting like Mister X getting beat by Wolverine in Berserker equates to Midnighter being able to beat him is quite funny

Kris Blaze
Yeah.

How was it a one-trick pony when it had worked once before? I'm curious.

http://i799.photobucket.com/albums/yy275/llagrok/Random%20comic%20feats/page13.jpg
http://i799.photobucket.com/albums/yy275/llagrok/Random%20comic%20feats/page15.jpg
http://i799.photobucket.com/albums/yy275/llagrok/Random%20comic%20feats/page16.jpg
http://i799.photobucket.com/albums/yy275/llagrok/Random%20comic%20feats/page17.jpg
http://i799.photobucket.com/albums/yy275/llagrok/Random%20comic%20feats/page18.jpg
http://i799.photobucket.com/albums/yy275/llagrok/Random%20comic%20feats/page19.jpg

And queue Blok.

Berserker Wolverine is a beast, he better in every aspect when Berserker acting like X getting beat by wolverine in Berserker equates to Midnighter being able to beat him is quite funny

I wonder of what relevance this is, when Srank claimed that Wolverine's berserker thing was A ONE-TRICK PONY. When it had worked twice.

srankmissingnin
According to Mr. X it didn't work the first time, he claims he was just about to win before Blok interrupted. Bravado? Maybe, but his narrative seems to suggest he was still reading Wolverine's mind during his first encounter with a Berserker Wolverine, which is further supported by Wolverine's statement that it was a one trick pony.

What happened is that Wolverine briefly caught X off guard, by falling into a Berserker rage in the midst of the battle, changing the flow of combat. He capitalized on the brief confusion before X could adjust from fighting the man who plans 5 moves ahead, and the Berserker who is pure instinct. If given the opportunity X would have fallen into the rhythm with Berserk Wolverine just fine (something he had previously shown himself capable of), and was apparently starting to do even in that fight based on the narrative, it was just too late.

There is no indication that X couldn't read Berserker Wolverine, the information that we have suggest that he could. He was just caught off guard, when Wolverine suddenly became significantly stronger, faster and completely changed his fighting style.

Kris Blaze
So your claim is that because Wolverine's fighting style change, Mr.X was somehow magically not able to keep up? I'm also curious as to WHEN he fell into the rhythm of berserker Wolverine? When he was 2 seconds away from death?

srankmissingnin
So your claim is that because Wolverine's fighting style change, Mr.X was somehow magically not able to keep up? I'm also curious as to WHEN he fell into the rhythm of berserker Wolverine? When he was 2 seconds away from death?

Wolverine's Berserker rage is the equivalent of days combat compressed into minutes. The pace of Wolverine in a Berserker Wolverine, and the pace of normal Wolverine aren't even remotely similar, they are two completely different beasts.

Battlehammer
People keep forgetting that Berserker Wolverine stats increases, that a huge change for some one when a fighter gets much faster, stronger better in every way, that not some slight change in a fight by any means.

Battlehammer
Wolverine's Berserker rage is the equivalent of days combat compressed into minutes. The pace of Wolverine in a Berserker Wolverine, and the pace of normal Wolverine aren't even remotely similar, they are two completely different beasts.
cosigned.

srankmissingnin
People keep forgetting that Berserker Wolverine stats increases, that a huge change for some one when a fighter gets much faster, stronger better in every way, that not some slight change in a fight by any means.

Yeah, Wolverine doesn't hate his Berserker Rage because it makes him sloppy, he hates because it makes him too good. He is the perfect killing machine in a Berserker Rage, killing is more than second nature to him it is first nature and he does it with out compulsion... and he loves it... which intern makes him sick when he is normal again.

KingD19
But didn't you also make the case that Midnighter was unaffected when Seth broke his neck? evil face

And for the record, would you be so kind to show where Midnighter has said he is now immune to telepathy, and had that statement confirmed by a psychic?

Seth snaps his neck - http://static.flickr.com/44/128771490_e76a528586_o.jpg

He plays dead, then takes the girl, and Seth is like WTF??? - http://static.flickr.com/44/128771490_e76a528586_o.jpg

Has his abilities turned off - http://img504.imageshack.us/img504/9818/n29xl7.jpg

King unable to affect his implants, so he directly affected his mind, something X can't do. In the same scan, Midnighter directly states his implants are tamper proof. - http://img171.imageshack.us/img171/5548/n24kh8.jpg

Battlehammer
Yeah, Wolverine doesn't hate his Berserker Rage because it makes him sloppy, he hates because it makes him too good. He is the perfect killing machine in a Berserker Rage, killing is more than second nature to him it is first nature and he does it with out compulsion... and he loves it... which intern makes him sick when he is normal again.
cosigned.

He also fear's he might do something he regrets, because when he fully let loses everyone becomes a foe or more or less a victim.

Kris Blaze

There are just so many conflicting claims here.

First he automatiaclly maps on to their synapses, which means that fighting style doesn't matter jack. Then he's reading their muscles. Then, when Wolverine stops planning what he is going to do, Mr.X cannot cope. Which means that he is clearly reading Wolverine's mind.

These cannot work together. He cannot automatically "map on their brain synapses" and instinctively counter them. Because if he did this, then it would not matter how Wolverine fought. It would not matter if Wolverine planned one million moves ahead or none, because regardless of what he did, Mr.X would be able to counter it instantly. Berserker, regular, it does not matter. Fighting style does not matter, because it's muscular movement he's predicting. It cannot be the change in Wolverine's speed, because he just went from blocking physical attacks, to deflecting bullets. The increase in speed happened in a split second, much faster and greater than Wolverine's increase in speed. So clearly, it's not a speed issue.

This cannot be the case. Wolverine clearly states that it happens via telepathy. There is no debating how this functions, this is a fact. It happens via telepathy. When Wolverine thinks about his actions, then Mr.X has him. You said this just now, Wolverine said it.

Now how is this going to work on Midnighter? Because the first, that's what Midnighter does. One step the left, and there are a million scenarios running through his mind. This makes him capable of predicting whatever happens. Regardless of how many steps ahead his opponent plans, Midnighter will counter it. He does not think steps ahead, he thinks millions of scenarios and outcomes. There is no way Mr.X can cope with this. There is no reason to believe that his mind is on par with a super computer, because it has never shown to be. Mr.X would have a million in a one shot of predicting what Midnighter would do. IF HE COULD PREDICT WHAT MIDNIGHTER DOES.

The end.

srankmissingnin

He plays dead, then takes the girl, and Seth is like WTF??? - http://static.flickr.com/44/128771490_e76a528586_o.jpg

Has his abilities turned off - http://img504.imageshack.us/img504/9818/n29xl7.jpg

King unable to affect his implants, so he directly affected his mind, something X can't do. In the same scan, Midnighter directly states his implants are tamper proof. - http://img171.imageshack.us/img171/5548/n24kh8.jpg

Or - you know - he was dead, and he healed. There is no indication that he is "playing dead"

We all know that he made his implants allegedly tamper proof, but X isn't going to be messing with his implants so that is irrelevant, he is going to be reading his mind (something that has nothing to do with his implants), which Digi says he will be unable to do.

Battlehammer

you posted the same scan twice.

yea and when it got turned off he got stomped.

Mister X power dirrectly connected to the brain, he not trying to effect the implants. in no way does that counter X powers working infact in suggest his powers would work fine.

KingD19
The scans actually prove that, though he can read his mind, he can't keep up with the speed of his body or mind. You honestly think that X's body can keep up with Midnighter?? Reacting to synapses or not, X isn't fast enough to keep up with him, that's a fact.

KingD19
Here's the neck snapping thing, the 2nd scan - http://img514.imageshack.us/i/seth2ci9.jpg/

srankmissingnin
There are just so many conflicting claims here.

First he automatiaclly maps on to their synapses, which means that fighting style doesn't matter jack. Then he's reading their muscles. Then, when Wolverine stops planning what he is going to do, Mr.X cannot cope. Which means that he is clearly reading Wolverine's mind.

These cannot work together. He cannot automatically "map on their brain synapses" and instinctively counter them. Because if he did this, then it would not matter how Wolverine fought. It would not matter if Wolverine planned one million moves ahead or none, because regardless of what he did, Mr.X would be able to counter it instantly. Berserker, regular, it does not matter. Fighting style does not matter, because it's muscular movement he's predicting. It cannot be the change in Wolverine's speed, because he just went from blocking physical attacks, to deflecting bullets. The increase in speed happened in a split second, much faster and greater than Wolverine's increase in speed. So clearly, it's not a speed issue.

This cannot be the case. Wolverine clearly states that it happens via telepathy. There is no debating how this functions, this is a fact. It happens via telepathy. When Wolverine thinks about his actions, then Mr.X has him. You said this just now, Wolverine said it.

Now how is this going to work on Midnighter? Because the first, that's what Midnighter does. One step the left, and there are a million scenarios running through his mind. This makes him capable of predicting whatever happens. Regardless of how many steps ahead his opponent plans, Midnighter will counter it. He does not think steps ahead, he thinks millions of scenarios and outcomes. There is no way Mr.X can cope with this. There is no reason to believe that his mind is on par with a super computer, because it has never shown to be. Mr.X would have a million in a one shot of predicting what Midnighter would do. IF HE COULD PREDICT WHAT MIDNIGHTER DOES.

The end.

I think you are confusing Mr. X's abilities.

1: He has low level telepathy that allows him to read his opponents mind.

2. He can map to neural motor-function precursors.

3. Some sort of low level empathy that gets him high when he kills people.

Those are three separate but similar abilities, not all one power.

And once again. Mr. X doesn't need to process the million of scenarios running through Midnighter's head, because none of them matter. His body is getting information on what Midnighter's next move is going to be, Midnighter is getting a bunch of information on what X might do next. Do you not see the difference? It's pretty clear.

Battlehammer
The scans actually prove that, though he can read his mind, he can't keep up with the speed of his body or mind. You honestly think that X's body can keep up with Midnighter?? Reacting to synapses or not, X isn't fast enough to keep up with him, that's a fact.
This based on what?

He been able to keep up with every single person he foughten, such as Wolverine who Midnighter is certainly not faster then.

srankmissingnin

Based on what? X was able to keep up with Wolverine (who is faster than Midnighter), and was shown to be significantly faster than Taskmaster.

KingD19
Midnighter isn't faster than Wolverine?

Midnighter has blocked automatic machinegun fire with his staff.
He kicked a tank shell into another tank.
He took down a guy who could move faster than most people could think, Impetus.
He's dodged close range eye beams from Apollo.
He took down a superhuman with a hostage, and grabbed the kid before the guy hit the ground.
Captain Atom himself said he never saw anyone supposedly without powers move that fast.
He's also taken down a group of people before the 1st person he hit the ground.

He's fast, more than fast enough to handle X.

srankmissingnin

He took down a superhuman with a hostage, and grabbed the kid before the guy hit the ground.
Captain Atom himself said he never saw anyone supposedly without powers move that fast.

Yeah... which part of that do you think makes him faster than Wolverine? roll eyes (sarcastic)

Battlehammer

wolverine blocked lsers with his claws.

feat midnighter never been able to repeat and was way beyond his strength level.

wolverine moved so fast people could not see him, and moved so fast while fighting plyocke mind could not keep up.

wolverine do the same.

to bad wolverine has inhuman physical prowesses.

wolverine taken out multiple people all of which died before they new what was happening.

No he not. He not faster then wolverine and X had no trouble keeping up with wolverine.

hell midnighter bullet reflection feat aint nearly as impressive as the scans I showed of X doing it.

KingD19
Actually, his bullet feat is more impressive, X blocked shots from Black Widow, with hand guns. X blocked automatic fire from a tank turret.

And Midnighter could have just as easily blocked Apollo's lasers instead of dodging them, but it helped him out by hitting someone else.

As for strength, did I mention Midnighter whooped Apollo's ass, and Winter, a guy who was basically a sun.

Midnighter routinely moves so fast people can't see him, Wolverine has been hit by street levelers, something that hasn't happened to Midnighter.

Midnighter's done the same thing, taken down, or killed large groups of people within seconds.

And I think he's faster than Wolverine because of his stated abilitiy to move so fast he dissapears from sight, even against speedsters.

Battlehammer
Actually, his bullet feat is more impressive, X blocked shots from Black Widow, with hand guns. X blocked automatic fire from a tank turret.

And Midnighter could have just as easily blocked Apollo's lasers instead of dodging them, but it helped him out by hitting someone else.

As for strength, did I mention Midnighter whooped Apollo's ass, and Winter, a guy who was basically a sun.

Midnighter routinely moves so fast people can't see him, Wolverine has been hit by street levelers, something that hasn't happened to Midnighter.

Midnighter's done the same thing, taken down, or killed large groups of people within seconds.
actaully it not. X block far more firer all around him from an establish highly skill meta human. Midnighter blocked firer from cannon fodders and less of it.

and yet he never did it, so it all speculation on your part.

yea and? capt , wolverine ect have all done the same does not mean they can block a cannon firer would be usable evidences.

lets see midnighter moving to fast for people to see him, wolverine done so numerous times.

Midnighter has no superior feats and yet you assume he faster wonderful.

srankmissingnin

He blocked a single bullet from a mounted machine gun. ZOMG F@CKING GAWD MIDNIIIIIIIIIIIIIGHTER IS 2L2Q!!!! Seriously, get off his balls dude, X's feat is way more impressive. X blocked a barrage of bullets from two hand guns at close range by an actually competent superhero.

Midnighter's best strength feat is hitting a dude with a fridge. Impetus ran into Midnighter's collapse staff when he exteded as the dude was running by. The random Gamora fodder he blitzed never displayed anything other than flight speed.

KingD19
Taking down a guy with high speed flight, super strength, and super speed before he even knew he moved - http://img372.imageshack.us/i/m8ah7.jpg/

Taking down Impetus, a speedster who should have seen him - http://img253.imageshack.us/i/n9po1.jpg/

He dodges multiple laser and super energy fire from close range, while taking down just about everyone in the group only so he could get them in position to be fire upon by the carrier. Then he cuts the last ones eyes off with his staff.
- http://img369.imageshack.us/i/22wl.jpg/
- http://img157.imageshack.us/img157/4113/38xs.jpg
- http://img369.imageshack.us/img369/3718/44lo.jpg

srankmissingnin
Taking down a guy with high speed flight, super strength, and super speed before he even knew he moved - http://img372.imageshack.us/i/m8ah7.jpg/

Taking down Impetus, a speedster who should have seen him - http://img253.imageshack.us/i/n9po1.jpg/

He dodges multiple laser and super energy fire from close range, while taking down just about everyone in the group only so he could get them in position to be fire upon by the carrier. Then he cuts the last ones eyes off with his staff.
- http://img369.imageshack.us/i/22wl.jpg/
- http://img157.imageshack.us/img157/4113/38xs.jpg
- http://img369.imageshack.us/img369/3718/44lo.jpg

Since you apparently didn't read my post.

He blocked a single bullet from a mounted machine gun. ZOMG F@CKING GAWD MIDNIIIIIIIIIIIIIGHTER IS 2L2Q!!!! Seriously, get off his balls dude, X's feat is way more impressive. X blocked a barrage of bullets from two hand guns at close range by an actually competent superhero.

Midnighter's best strength feat is hitting a dude with a fridge. Impetus ran into Midnighter's collapse staff when he exteded as the dude was running by. The random Gamora fodder he blitzed never displayed anything other than flight speed.

dmills
You know it's a sad day when even the ENEMIES of Wolverine get FIS treatment.

Battlehammer
Originally posted by dmills
You know it's a sad day when even the ENEMIES of Wolverine get FIS treatment.
edit I was a bit harsh there.

dmills
says the man who never read a single comic with mister x in it becuases he to bussy wacking it to midnighter....... roll eyes (sarcastic)

Get that right first... Then we can talk.

Battlehammer
im to lazy what can I say.

I aplogies for the comment. Ment to aim it at someone elses to be honest

dmills
laughing

dmills
BTW I do have some stuff with X in it. I'll wait and see how he does against Ironfist. Then I'll say for sure.

Battlehammer
I thought you were King for a second then I looked back and was like shit that the wrong person lol

I hope him vs IF is a good fight. I ohope it one on one, I hate when it a group vs a single opponent the group always act retarded.

dmills
I love the character, but why they designed him to look like a white version of Blade I don't know.

Battlehammer
lol

KingD19
Battlehammer, you should really learn to type and make full, coherent sentences before you start to talk trash, I should report you, but I'm not that type of guy.

Battlehammer
what for think you wank midnighter? shit you do. none of the feats posted are superior to wolverines and yet you think MR.X aint gunna be fast enough to keep up with midnighter oh please thats laughable.

KingD19
Waht sayd u? You think I wank 2 Midniter? Wat's laghable is that you try to pass that off as a sentence.

I don't wank to anybody, I just think that you're underestimating Midnighter. You wank to Gimli and everyone you root for in a thrad.

snoopdogg
Waht sayd u? You think I wank 2 Midniter? Wat's laghable is that you try to pass that off as a sentence.

I don't wank to anybody, I just think that you're underestimating Midnighter. You wank to Gimli and everyone you root for in a thrad. Anytime you debate against swank, jizin, and battlehummer they call you a wanker or a fanboy.

KingD19
I'll keep that in mind. Thanks for the info.

srankmissingnin
Originally posted by snoopdogg
Anytime you debate against swank, jizin, and battlehummer they call you a wanker or a fanboy.

I'm not sure that's true. I can understand why you might think so, since I imagine that you are still bitter from Blade "debates." But I can assure you that is pretty much a series of isolated incidents provoked by near unmatched fanaticism with no evidence to support the wild claims made other than racial fervor.

Battlehammer

I don't wank to anybody, I just think that you're underestimating Midnighter. You wank to Gimli and everyone you root for in a thrad.

Or perhaps I am estimating him perfectly and you are vastly overestimating him and providing examples most any street has done let a lone wolverine who a clear meta.

X has match wolverine speed easily, made taskmaster inividual with inhuman speed look slow, and has effortless deflect bullets by expert MA, marksmen proven superhero and has casual caught an arrow shot by taskmaster with the great senses of ease. while almost every single speed feats or reflex feat of Midnighter are to a bunch of cannon fodders.

srankmissingnin
Midnighter said he could run two kilometers in three minutes. That's about 25mph, not even that fast by comic standards. evil face

Digi
Midnighter said he could run two kilometers in three minutes. That's about 25mph, not even that fast by comic standards. evil face

When was this?

Digi

He didn't break his neck. He thought he did, and then MNer made some joke about "you should see my morning workout." So yes, I made that case (I actually don't remember talking about it, but meh), and I was 100% correct. Later on Seth rips one of his hearts out. THAT affected him.

Also, he's immune because he specifically states to Jackson King that he blocked them against tp when they fought over an old bunker that used to belong to Henry Bendix. It was in reference to another Stormwatch telepath who messed him up in an obscure Stomrwatch: Post Human Division encounter. It was shortly before Worldstorm. Anyway, both instances are posted in his respect thread.

Unconfirmed. Stormwatch's resident techy Link explained it once, and it didn't sound unlike X's predictive ability. I'll try to find the scan. A few occasions of MNer saying "I knew you were going to do that before you did" supports this theory, like when he fought Apollo while being mind-controlled.

Really, misinformation ruins half these threads. I've never read an Mister X comic, which I why I haven't stated that either one would win this fight. But the amount of heresay, speculation, and outright falsities is enough to make me cringe.

So like I said, all the evidence for MNer is out there. If anyone wants to read it, scroll through the first few pages.

dmills
The more that I look at this the more that I think that Midnighter takes this. Most of the physical advantages belong to him. X is a peak human being with tremendous skill, and a great trump card. But in the end he is just that...a peak human. Midnighter is a high level cybernetically enhanced Meta with advantages in speed, strength durability and stamina.

The only X factor here is X's battle precog vs Minighter's battle matrix. One can predict and anticipate specific movements, the other, entire battles. What if Midnighter's analysis tells him to react to X defensively? That would seem to throw a monkey wrench into X's power. What would X do then? Would he go on the offensive? If so then he gives up his main advantage when he commits to an attack.

srankmissingnin
He didn't break his neck. He thought he did, and then MNer made some joke about "you should see my morning workout." So yes, I made that case (I actually don't remember talking about it, but meh), and I was 100% correct. Later on Seth rips one of his hearts out. THAT affected him.

Again. What makes you think Seth didn't break his neck? Him making a joke about it after the fact, doesn't come close to supporting that Seth just thought, but oh wait Midnighter was just faking it. Seth broke Midnighters neck, and it koed him (maybe even killed him temporarily) and then he went off to fight with the rest of Authority for a few pages while Midnighter healed. He wasn't playing "possum" and there is nothing that supports that point of view.

Also, he's immune because he specifically states to Jackson King that he blocked them against tp when they fought over an old bunker that used to belong to Henry Bendix. It was in reference to another Stormwatch telepath who messed him up in an obscure Stomrwatch: Post Human Division encounter. It was shortly before Worldstorm. Anyway, both instances are posted in his respect thread.

Now, I'm confused because what happened was he told Jackson King that he made his implants tamper proof, because Jukko shut them down with the push of a button in Team Achilles... and then Jackson uses his telepathy to block the input from Midnighter's brain from his implants. What are you talking about, if you aren't talking about that? None of that suggests that Midnighter is immune to telepathy...

The speed think was in Team Achilles I think.

Wild Shadow
i'll pick Mr. X for the win about 6/10

midnighter with doors gets 9/10

dmills
Originally posted by Wild Shadow
i'll pick Mr. X for the win about 6/10

midnighter with doors gets 9/10 Damn I forgot about the Doors. That seals it. Midnighter takes it 10/10.

srankmissingnin
The Carrier is "dead," it can't open Doors in its current state, and if it could Midnighter wouldn't use them for combat purposes anyway.

KingD19
Actually, Midnighter routinely uses doors for combat purposes, I can put up a scan if you want.

dmills
The Carrier is "dead," it can't open Doors in its current state, and if it could Midnighter wouldn't use them for combat purposes anyway. Has has used them for combat purposes before. And I LOVE your sig banner! Damn I want to know how to do that.

Wild Shadow
oops wrong thread post

srankmissingnin
Law of averages, he's used a door a few times during combat (mainly to avoid splattering against something after taking a hit), but he doesn't as use it as a rule.

dmills
Originally posted by Wild Shadow
oops wrong thread post Wrong thread.

dmills
Me want Uncharted 2 badly! I'm so behind on my gaming and I just got Madworld. oct. 19th right???

srankmissingnin
Uncharted 2 looks so awesome, easily GOTY material, it's a real shame that such a great game will likely be significantly out sold by dretch like Halo ODST, Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 2 and Assassins Creed 2. Uncharted 2 has won so many Best Of' awards, but on the pre-order charts it is getting owned. sad

dmills
As most great games do. I personally thought that Madworld was the GOTY so far. RE5 felt pedestrian after playing 4 and nothing else has blown me away so far.

KingD19
He's used it several times to effectively kill someone, here's an example. - http://static.flickr.com/52/135268004_a9cf05c904_o.jpg

Here's him using a door to avoid splattering -http://img253.imageshack.us/i/m12bu7.jpg/

srankmissingnin
Yeah Resident Evil 5 is bit of a joke especially after Deadspace.

So far I think InFamous is the GOTY (with Batman: Arkham Asylum a close second), but there are a lot of power houses games in the next two months.

snoopdogg
Powerstone 2 is the best game of all time.

dmills
He's used it several times to effectively kill someone, here's an example. - http://static.flickr.com/52/135268004_a9cf05c904_o.jpg

Here's him using a door to avoid splattering -http://img253.imageshack.us/i/m12bu7.jpg/ OUCH! We all know how that ends.

KingD19
Snoop.....yes. It's all about Wang Tang.

Wang Tang, making Super Saiyans color coded.

dmills
Yeah Resident Evil 5 is bit of a joke especially after Deadspace.

So far I think InFamous is the GOTY (with Batman: Arkham Asylum a close second), but there are a lot of power houses games in the next two months. Haven't had time to pick up Infamous. It looks completely BAD ASS! If he were a comic book character he'd kick much booty!

*On a side note, how about that Prototype? confused

snoopdogg
Snoop.....yes. It's all about Wang Tang.

Wang Tang, making Super Saiyans color coded. Wang Tang was my first choice. But I used Gourmand, Ryoma, and Falcon alot also.

srankmissingnin
I didn't like Prototype that much the graphics where crazy uneven (everything but the character animation was crappy, but the character animation was great), and there was loads of texture pop in. It's not that bad, but it was too ambitious and it didn't really hit any notes it was trying to hit IMO. Great amount of unlockable abilities though.

srankmissingnin
Originally posted by snoopdogg
Powerstone 2 is the best game of all time.

Dreamcast, you were taken before your time. You will be missed. sad

*21 gun solute*

Except for Seaman. What the f**k?

snoopdogg
Dreamcast, you were taken before your time. You will be missed. sad

*21 gun solute*

Except for Seaman. What the f**k?
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=j3NfgF08EQE&feature=related

We can thank online game from the Dreamcast.

OneDumbG0
Mister X reacts to predictions made by telepathy. Midnighter predicts based on endless projections and simply executes. And while Mister X's ability to somewhat predict Vision's moves helps support him reading Midnighter's battle computer, it ain't enough. Mister X gets tooled by reading two thoughts at the same time. He isn't compensating for millions of scenarios in seconds.

Midnighter 8/10. At least.

psycho gundam
^ i concur

it'd be more like 1000 thoughts at once

snoopdogg
Midnighter wins but it's pretty close.

dmills
Hmm. I'm not so sure that the thoughts would be the issue. It's a cpu afterall, so X wouldn't be able to read it anyway. I think the issue would be the neural impulse mapping ability X has.

cdtm
Sounds like Mr. X is a meta level version of Massacre..

Massacre was able to read brain impulses too. Superman got around that by forcing him to duck, but actually aiming at a target slightly behind and above him. Basically, Supes used his power against him, as he could predict tactics but not strategy, as he couldn't actually read minds..

Rage.Of.Olympus
Midnighter would beat the utter shit out of Mister X. I honestly don't even think it's a fair fight. Mister X would be one of those cannon fodder villains Midnighter stomps to get to the real bad guy.

The only person who even gives a damn about him is Tieri.

And I'm nearly %100 certain that Mister X wouldn't be able to read/track Midnighter's mind etc. due to his computer.

He wouldn't be able to use his ability even against Batroc the Leaper. His thoughts are in French!

KingD19
Nowhere close.....Mids goes through millions of scenarios before you can blink....and his body is fast enough to keep up with his mind....so Mister X dies.

<< THERE IS MORE FROM THIS THREAD HERE >>