Galactus vs. The Source Wall

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Shin_Nikkolas
Since DS and his tech were capable of getting through the Source Wall, could Big G and his tech do it?

batdude123
Obviously because Darkseid was able to do it, Galactus should be able to do it as well...

LAWLZ AM I RITE??!!

Shin_Nikkolas
Well, it depends how their technology stacks up I guess.

Ouallada
Originally posted by Shin_Nikkolas
Since DS and his tech were capable of getting through the Source Wall, could Big G and his tech do it?

Theoretically, yes, because G's tech is almost second to none.

tkitna
I would think Galactus would be able to get through

Symmetric Chaos

Poor reasoning. The NewGods have been studying the Source forever. There powers even come from there, so I'd say they probably have an advantage when trying to bypass the wall.

Ouallada
Originally posted by Symmetric Chaos
Poor reasoning. The NewGods have been studying the Source forever. There powers even come from there, so I'd say they probably have an advantage when trying to bypass the wall.

I'm assuming that the OP meant that G was in the same position as DS was.

Shin_Nikkolas
There's no reasoning. I didn't say Galactus could. I asked if he and his tech was capable. I'm substituting Darkseid and his technology for Galactus and his technology and asking if Big G can accomplish it.

Kutulu

How long would he have to study it before his attempt to breach it?

Shin_Nikkolas
Let's say he knows as much about him as DS does.

So that way, it goes back to the point I'm making with this thread: tech vs. tech.

DARKLORDCAEDUS
Big G....Yes

Kutulu
Let's say he knows as much about him as DS does.

So that way, it goes back to the point I'm making with this thread: tech vs. tech.

If he knows as much as DS, then yes he gets through. He can design just about any piece of technology to do just about anything, using only his mind and construct it by transmuting nearby elements. His tech is second only to the Celestials IMHO. When his world ship got blown up, he was able to recreate the entire thing from just his memory of it, so that it was exactly like how it was.

His tech (UN) can literally remake a multiverse (and has, on-panel, during the Abraxas saga).

Once he got to the source... well DC universe would be screwed pretty much.

Ouallada
I'm not sure celestial tech > G's tech. It's just that G isn't so prone to sharing and implanting his tech throughout the universe.

Tenebrous
Originally posted by Ouallada
I'm not sure celestial tech > G's tech. It's just that G isn't so prone to sharing and implanting his tech throughout the universe.

agreed. Big G also has Taa II, which reed speculated is the greatest power source in the universe. Reed's had his fair share of the celestials too, so that's saying something.

quanchi112
Big G does get through most definitely.

TricksterPriest
He may do it, he may not. As SC said, the New Gods have a unique connection to the Source. So it stands to reason, if technology and powers that are connected to it can't break it, what can a foreign source do?

Bransolute
Galactus's tech>Darkseid's... and if he can incorporate Darkseid's knowledge in there...

TricksterPriest
Originally posted by batdude123
Obviously because Darkseid was able to do it, Galactus should be able to do it as well...

LAWLZ AM I RITE??!!

QFT. thumbsupdur

Desaad
Originally posted by Tenebrous
agreed. Big G also has Taa II, which reed speculated is the greatest power source in the universe. Reed's had his fair share of the celestials too, so that's saying something.

Yeah, well he also said that the original Champion had a power signature on the level of Galactus.

So Reed has a bad history with these things.

Bransolute
Originally posted by Desaad
Yeah, well he also said that the original Champion had a power signature on the level of Galactus.

So Reed has a bad history with these things. Was that when he watched Surfer beat him?

Endless Mike
The Source wall is breaking down just from normal people travelling between universes

TricksterPriest
Originally posted by Endless Mike
The Source wall is breaking down just from normal people travelling between universes

sad Countdown fails on sooooooooo many levels. This is just one of them. Yes, current Source Wall would probably lose to Galactus. Classic Source Wall could hold it's own.

Priest
Originally posted by TricksterPriest
sad Countdown fails on sooooooooo many levels. This is just one of them. Yes, current Source Wall would probably lose to Galactus. Classic Source Wall could hold it's own.
Classic Source wall? Was there a retcon i didn't know about?What the f**k?

TricksterPriest
Originally posted by Priest

The Source Wall didn't use to be the barrier between universes. That was a side-effect of IC.

Soljer
Originally posted by Priest

Well, you see, there is the TRUE order of things - I.E. that in Trick's head, and there's the order of things that the writer come up with.

Trick's order is the correct 'classic' order.

The writers don't know what the HELL they're talking about.

Shin_Nikkolas
Big G could still get through the older version. His tech is that good, I view.

Bransolute
Originally posted by Soljer
Well, you see, there is the TRUE order of things - I.E. that in Trick's head, and there's the order of things that the writer come up with.

http://i118.photobucket.com/albums/o106/bigbran1/5189_brass_bucket_1.jpg

Desaad

He's actually right.

The Source Wall - while not introduced by Kirby (but by Simonson) - was meant to be a barrier that crossed all dimensions, that seperated the material universe from the Source. If you could actually cross that barrier, you would have access to the Source itself.

Countdown as retconned that quite fully.

Soljer
He's actually right.

The Source Wall - while not introduced by Kirby (but by Simonson) - was meant to be a barrier that crossed all dimensions, that seperated the material universe from the Source. If you could actually cross that barrier, you would have access to the Source itself.

Countdown as retconned that quite fully.

I'm aware.

I just mess with Trick. smile.

quanchi112
He's actually right.

Countdown as retconned that quite fully. Trick was right.

smile Good for him.

TricksterPriest
I'm aware.

I just mess with Trick. smile.

dur you. laughing out loud

Shin_Nikkolas
Maybe they should rename the Source Wall then?

kevdude
Nothing has been retconned of the Source Wall, it has always seperated everything from The Source/God. confused

TricksterPriest
Yes, but travel between the multiverses didn't cause holes to start appearing. Or perhaps the return of the multiverse itself is responsible.

Shin_Nikkolas
I'm gonna get a job at Marvel or DC and write a crossover where Galactus breaks the Wall and absorbs The Source and beats The Presence.

Big G deserves it after that shitfest of a crossover where KRONA punks him. i mean, that's just retarded. Hollows out Galactus? That doesn't make any goddamn sense.

TricksterPriest
I'm gonna get a job at Marvel or DC and write a crossover where Galactus breaks the Wall and absorbs The Source and beats The Presence.

Big G deserves it after that shitfest of a crossover where KRONA punks him. i mean, that's just retarded. Hollows out Galactus? That doesn't make any goddamn sense.

I'm not going to defend the writing in that. But Krona was an agent of Entropy at one point.

kevdude
Its mainly speculation of how its breaking down right now. Some could say it might be Destiny letting his book be in others hands right now might cause it, so could he be the 1 controlling these events?? AM returning? If Big G dared to pass the Wall events would take place to stop him as The Spectre probably would or someone else. wink

Bouboumaster
Galactus do it.

Estacado
Galactus with one hand.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.