Sephiroth vs. Fortinbras, God of Light

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Violent2Dope
I just thought this fight up. Sephiroth from AC vs. Fortinbras, God of Light from the Onimusha series.

Here is a vid displaying a small sample of Fortinbras' power, and it shows both of his forms.

BAKXXdlh-0g

Battle 1: Seph(no materia) vs. Fortinbras 1st form(beast)

Battle 2: Seph(materia he has used) vs. Fortinbras true form(human)

Battle takes place at the Shinra building Cloud and Seph fought at in AC.

fascistcrusader
Saminosuke bested Fortinbras, and Sephiroth is worlds stronger than him. I'm going with Sephiroth, in both fights.

Violent2Dope
Lol...no. That's A>B>C logic, which phails.

This is the full vid of Onimusha: Dawn of Dreams which shows stuffs about his monster form.

JmSsup6oeO8

Remindme
My vote lies with Sephiroth, nice work on finding the video, i love it big grin

fascistcrusader
It only fails in exceptions with special circumstances, like if person A fought person B with their full strength, but person C beat person A while A was just playing around. Most of the time it works just fine.

Keollyn
Lol, now Sephiroth is worlds stronger than an Onimusha...

I wanna hear the reason for this now.

Blax_Hydralisk
Go to sleep.

Keollyn
Not tired.

Terryc250
The #1 Anti-Sephiroth is here

Violent2Dope
Originally posted by fascistcrusader
It only fails in exceptions with special circumstances, like if person A fought person B with their full strength, but person C beat person A while A was just playing around. Most of the time it works just fine. No, it always phails, unless we are talking about shows like DBZ.

Diamond Kisses
It does not always fail. Only in certain situations yes

For example, if character A holds power that character B does not, which is vital for the defeat of character C smile

If character C is defeated in a somewhat normal way and it is within the power range of character A and B, then the A > B > C logic works perfectly fine.

Example:

If Ryu Hayabusa beats Master Chief heads up, that does not mean Ryu Hayabusa beats the Halo games. Master Chief beats the Halo games thanks to rank and other plot 'devices'

Thus' A > C < B does not work, because plot devices and 'stupidity' is included.

He does not beat Halo entirely thanks to plot 'devices', since he is more than just that. But you know what I mean stick out tongue

SHM
Originally posted by Violent2Dope
Battle 1: Seph(no materia)

Battle 2: Seph(materia he has used)

How many times I have to repeat that Sephiroth don't need Materia to use magic?

Jenova/Sephiroth(or at least parts of his body) used magic without Materia. Bizarro and Safer did the same thing. And in AC he can control the source of magic itself. Lets not forget he absorbed Lifestream during more than 5 years.

Magic is part of Sephiroth, he don't need an equipment to use it.

Burning thought
Originally posted by SHM
How many times I have to repeat that Sephiroth don't need Materia to use magic?

Jenova/Sephiroth(or at least parts of his body) used magic without Materia. Bizarro and Safer did the same thing. And in AC he can control the source of magic itself. Lets not forget he absorbed Lifestream during more than 5 years.

Magic is part of Sephiroth, he don't need an equipment to use it.

that doesnt mean anything unless its said somewhere ,Kain is the font of magic for the LOK universe but he doesnt use all the magic in the world, theres still some powers he cannot use (or hasnt shown to use) and so these things cannot be included.

you cant just say hes part or magic is part of him and so he can use it any time he likes, what magics can he use?

SHM
Originally posted by Burning thought
that doesnt mean anything unless its said somewhere ,Kain is the font of magic for the LOK universe but he doesnt use all the magic in the world, theres still some powers he cannot use (or hasnt shown to use) and so these things cannot be included.

you cant just say hes part or magic is part of him and so he can use it any time he likes, what magics can he use?

The only thing I said is that he don't need Materia to use magic spells.

Thiru
Originally posted by Diamond Kisses
It does not always fail. Only in certain situations yes

For example, if character A holds power that character B does not, which is vital for the defeat of character C smile

If character C is defeated in a somewhat normal way and it is within the power range of character A and B, then the A > B > C logic works perfectly fine.

In most cases A > B > C never works, Like count dooku beating obi wan, while anakin wtf owns count dooku and lost to obi wan

Burning thought
whats that awsome giant thing at 5:24-5:14? is that the light god beast, he looks uber

Diamond Kisses
Originally posted by Thiru
In most cases A > B > C never works, Like count dooku beating obi wan, while anakin wtf owns count dooku and lost to obi wan

In many cases where plot is not involved in some evil way A > B > C works smile

Burning thought
A>B>C logic is fine, the only reasons it doesnt work is when as DK says if theres a plot device or some such involved or the characters are too distinct in diffrent ways

if we have a fire magic user who fought a much more powerful fire magic user in a game and the more powerful fire user blasted him away with a skyscraper smashing attack

then in a debate you had the more powerful fire magic user against a character who also uses magic but whos spells consist of lightning and fire, but their damage output is no more than enough to kill small animals and rodents...then A>B>C logic works fine. Its only when theres a huge diffrence and a lot of factors goign into a fight where it makes a diffrence

Keollyn
Originally posted by Terryc250
The #1 Anti-Sephiroth is here

In lieu to one of Sephiroth's three lackeys. Who's turn is it to scrub the balls?

Violent2Dope
A>B>C logic phails, badly. Anyway, back to the fight. Fortinbras ftw.

Terryc250
Originally posted by Keollyn
In lieu to one of Sephiroth's three lackeys. Who's turn is it to scrub the balls?
Wow are u 6? Stop ur fantasizing about balls of fictional characters, and coming into threads just to put down a single character, state some evidence for ur point instead of "zomg Sephiroth lost to Cloud due to toying around and PIS" thats gotten really old.

Can we get a list of feats for fortinbras? Has he done things that put him about Chaos and Omega?

Darth Extecute
You cant say that A > B > C logic doesn't work.. you can also dont say that it does work.. it vary entirely depending on the situation..

Terryc250
it works over 90% of the time

Shin_Nikkolas
You look at one character's feats and then you look at another character's feats.

You then decide who wins from those feats.

Who they lost to, ESPECIALLY in video games, is completely irrelevant.

Terryc250
That does not always justify who would win, take AC Sephiroth.. we did not see much of him but he was stated above Omega, Chaos and everything in the FFVII universe, by the creators themselves.

Another example is TOAA from marvel, lets compare him with Thor, Thor has pages and pages of feats, and TOAA has none, but we all know TOAA is above the Living Tribunal, so the victor of that battle would speak for itself, not just feats

Burning thought
That does not always justify who would win, take AC Sephiroth.. we did not see much of him but he was stated above Omega, Chaos and everything in the FFVII universe, by the creators themselves.

Another example is TOAA from marvel, lets compare him with Thor, Thor has pages and pages of feats, and TOAA has none, but we all know TOAA is above the Living Tribunal, so the victor of that battle would speak for itself, not just feats

TOAA would be nothing against anything other than characters in Marvel however, wheras Thor could be a contender

Violent2Dope
One feat is Fortinbras has TK which puts Seph's pathetic TK to shame.

Terryc250
We've never seen the limit of Sephiroths TK, what did Fortinbras do?

Violent2Dope
In the vid I posted, we see him easily stop Munenori Yagyu in his tracks, lift him up, and crush him(or sumthin, that part confuses me). Then, using one hand, he had the whole team at bay, and rocks and shit were flying around.

Shin_Nikkolas
Something weird when a demon is a God of Light.

Violent2Dope
Originally posted by Shin_Nikkolas
Something weird when a demon is a God of Light. Yeah, and the hero is the God of Darkness. Fortinbras is cool tho.

SHM
In the vid I posted, we see him easily stop Munenori Yagyu in his tracks, lift him up, and crush him(or sumthin, that part confuses me). Then, using one hand, he had the whole team at bay, and rocks and shit were flying around.

Wow so impressive. It's obvious Sephiroth cannot do something like that.

Oh, wait...

And he was doing all that while using his mental strength to hold back the most powerful spell in the world.

Shin_Nikkolas
Yep.

Then they all completely and effortlessly threw off his control and defeate dhim.

Yes, Cait Sith's psychic powers are beyond Sephiroth's.

Sado-sama
Sephiroth.

Thiru
Originally posted by Diamond Kisses
In many cases where plot is not involved in some evil way A > B > C works smile Not when you use logic and common sense, Its like stone paper and scissors. But yes, it depends on the situation

Thiru
Originally posted by Burning thought
TOAA would be nothing against anything other than characters in Marvel however, wheras Thor could be a contender You have got to be kidding me? Do you know who the hell TOAA is? He is the GOD of marvel and according to the company he is omnipotent, he would annihilate the phoenix by merely gesturing and a mere thought would enable him to destroy the entire universe/multiverse.

TOAA would still be a contender against other entities from other universes

Originally posted by SHM

Oh, wait...

And he was doing all that while using his mental strength to hold back the most powerful spell in the world. WTF are you talking about? You are starting to get so damm annoying, i feel its my obligation to own you in every topic you attempt to suck sephiroths dick and use this one duel where he gets shitted on and pass it off as some huge ass victory.

Sado-sama
Hey, let's not be hostile, and that exerpt he posted said something about Sephiroth accomplishing something with his mind, but it's too long I don't feel like reading it.

Violent2Dope
Originally posted by SHM

Oh, wait...

And he was doing all that while using his mental strength to hold back the most powerful spell in the world. And then got pwned. Some impressive TK right there. Apparently, it only works against people who don't fight back, when they do, it is ineffective.

Terryc250
Like i said, we've never seen Sephiroth exert himself with his TK, lifting up someone and lifting up a buncha rocks, doesn't "put Sephiroths TK to shame."

SHM
Like i said, we've never seen Sephiroth exert himself with his TK, lifting up someone and lifting up a buncha rocks, doesn't "put Sephiroths TK to shame."

That's what I meant with my other post. Lifting up someone? Sephiroth already did that, and it was 8 people. And he was crushing their bodies. Lifting up some rocks? Sephiroth destroyed the top of the Shinra building with his TK alone.

Many characters in fiction with good mental powers and TK, wouldn't be capable of doing what Sephiroth did to Avalanche, if they had to use their mental strength to hold back something so powerful as Holy.

And that's funny to me. When the Sephiroth/FFVII haters talk about his battle with Avalanche in the end of the game, they allways forget about Holy. Holy, a spell with power to kill all humanity, destroy the Weapons, and anything else that harms the planet. That's the power Seph was holding back with his mental strength. That's the power preventing him of going all out and kill the party.
But some people love to conveniently forget about Holy's existence.

Shin_Nikkolas
It's Sephiroth's will that holds back Holy.

Unless you can expressly quantify will into mental powers with a quote in the game, your assumption he mentally holds it back is unfounded.

Your G.O.D
And then got pwned. Some impressive TK right there. Apparently, it only works against people who don't fight back, when they do, it is ineffective. laughing laughing out loud rolling on floor laughing

You can't talk about Seph that way! mad

Violent2Dope
It's Sephiroth's will that holds back Holy.

Unless you can expressly quantify will into mental powers with a quote in the game, your assumption he mentally holds it back is unfounded. Exactly.

SHM
Let me see if I understand... You are saying that willpower and telekinesis have nothing to do with mental power?! That holding back a "physical" energy(Holy could touch and destroy things) without touching it, is not telekinesis?!

Oh. My. God.

Violent2Dope
He. Used. His. Will. Saying it was TK is merely speculation.

SHM
He. Used. His. Will. Saying it was TK is merely speculation.

Than he can use his willpower to hold physical things, like Holy. But it's not telekinesis, because it's not called "telekinesis". And it don't have anything to do with mental power, because it was never been called "mental power". roll eyes (sarcastic)

"Willpower", "telekinesis", and "mental power" are just words.

His willpower can do the same thing TK can, that's the point. Unless you believe he was holding Holy with his hands. roll eyes (sarcastic) But that's completelly wrong, as proved in the game.

Violent2Dope
Because Seph's will is sumthin that is spoken highly in FFVII for one thing, it is described as phenomenolly powerful.

Shin_Nikkolas

Violent2Dope
Yepperz. Fortinbras easily has the better TK.

fascistcrusader
How many times does it have to be explained that will is mental, mental powers used to effect an object physically is telekinesis. Please, stop arguing semantics.

Also, V2D, what happened to the Darth Nihilus theme? I liked it better.

Shin_Nikkolas
Will is spiritual and nothing more.

It just happens in FFVII memories are connected to the spirit.

Shin_Nikkolas
This is a common theme with you but I'll try to put the past behind us here.

I dare you to provide one quote from the game or any official source saying "will = mental". Or anything of the kind.

fascistcrusader
No, the spirit is connected to everything in FF VII chracters bodies, but that doesn't mean their mental or physical beings are just spiritual because they are connected.

As long as you can keep your temper under control and not throw a tantrum, I think we can keep the past behind us.

How about the dictionary? According to Merriam-Webster's, Will: mental powers manifested as wishing, choosing, desiring, or intending

Violent2Dope
Also, V2D, what happened to the Darth Nihilus theme? I liked it better. Darth Nihilus wasn't curbstomping Seph hard enough, so I brought out someone who could solo FFVII with his pinky finger. stick out tongue JK(well, Pyron could solo FFVII with his pinky)

fascistcrusader
Your sig needs about 60% more lightsaber.

Shin_Nikkolas
Nope.

In the real world, your will can not effect anything directly outside of yourself. Your will can drive YOu to effect things but the will itself is nothing more than a mindset.

I can not apply my will and stop something. I can will my arm to go out and stop it but the will itself does jack shit.

So, using a real world definition about FFVII's will fails.

So, get to the game and provide a quote.

fascistcrusader
How do you not understand this? Will is mental power according to definition, mental power affecting something physically is TK. I don't need a quote from the game because that's already an established fact. Please, quit arguing semantics, you're only showing that you lost but can't admit it, and that is what led to you getting banned.

Shin_Nikkolas
Are you a perpetual liar?

I was banned because of this:

Me:
I'm a patient person.

I accept you're slow mentally.

So, I'll ask a FINAL TIME.

Prove, from the game or an official source, that Terra exploding would destroy Gaia.

You:
I'll accept this lack of proof for your claims as you conceding, thanks for finally admitting you are in the wrong.

I asked for facts stating something.

You responded by saying you won.

It's your arrogance that got me banned.

fascistcrusader
If you think exploding in a rage because of an internet message board is "reasonable", you should probably seek counseling. You were banned because you fliped out at being proven wrong.

Its a little sad when you have to ignore everyone who bests you.

Shin_Nikkolas
You ARE a perpetual liar.

Proven wrong?

I asked you for proof and you refused to post it.

Your Claim: If Terra was in Gaia and Terra exploded, so would Gaia.

But guess what...yOU DIDN'T PROVEN THIS EVER.

I asked for a quote.

You refused to post it.

I asked again.

You refused.

You proved nothing.

Shin_Nikkolas
And I won't ignore you.

I'm not scared of some ignorant, arrogant n00b.

Come on.

I DARE YOU TO PROVIDE ONE QUOTE SAYING IF TERRA EXPLODED, SO WOULD GAIA

Come on.

Prove me wrong.

I'm begging you.

fascistcrusader
I demonstrated why in the last topic, now lease stop taking this thread off track. You really should see someone, as you really have a problem with your temper.

Though I suppose getting banned for anger management is better than what you were banned for on the compilation network forums...

Shin_Nikkolas
You didn't demonstrate anything, idiot.

I proved your ass wrong like the n00b you are.

And do you even know why I was banned on the last forum?

Go ahead.

I'll tell everyone here.

I said on the Compilation forum I was a pedophile and I found younger children attractive.

When was this? Two years ago. I think i was seventeen.

Do you know what the other members did?

Were they nice and understanding of the problems I had in my life?

No. They all joked and accused me of raping kids.

Yes, that's why i was banned.

fascistcrusader
Actually it was me who proved that you were wrong, and you refused to admit it. Whn you realized you couldn't back out of the situation to save face, you flipped out and got yourself banned.

You were banned from the comp net forums for your disgusting and horrible comments about pedophilia. You sicken me, nikkolas, you really do.

Sado-sama
Hey, instead of believing you're doing this for fun, why don't you two put each other on your ignore lists? It's a really nice invention...........just go to each other's profiles and put each other on your ignore lists. It'll save you a lot of time, and breathe. 13

General Kaliero
Nikkolas, cut the bashing now. Didn't you just get off a ban for this sort of behavior?

Consider yourself warned.

fascistcrusader
Since when does typing require more breathing?

Shin_Nikkolas
I never ONCE said anything about pedophilia that was disgusting. Sorry.

I talked about my problem in the thread.

I discussed it maturely with people.

I never once said "mm. I like little girls." Not once.

But other members did.

They accused me of molesting kids.

That's the kind of sick ass freaks that are on teh forums. That can joke about raping children.

You couldn't provide one source saying if Terra blew up, so would Gaia.

Not once.

You failed and to save face, declared yourself the winner.

Sado-sama
That would've fit nicely in the off-topic thread (well, the first part anyway).

Anyway, I still vote for Sephiroth.

fascistcrusader
I didn't declare myself the winer, the fact that I bested you did that well enough for me. You're just upset because you lost.

And yes, you did say some pretty sick suff about children on the comp net forums. That's what you got banned for, remember?

Shin_Nikkolas
You know, I said the exact same thing on another forum that I did on AC.

The response?

I'm too young to make such a diagnosis.

And he was right.

But the people on AC were too immature to understand this simple fact and joked about molesting little kids.

Sado-sama
*Facepalm*

Lana
Nikk, didn't I point out to you earlier that linking to other forums is against the rules?

And didn't GK just tell you to knock it off and give you a warning? Want a second one in under five minutes?

Shin_Nikkolas
When did I link to another forum?

fascistcrusader
If you said the exact same things you would have gotten banned from there too, unless the forum was run by pedophiles. The fact is you have a large problem with anger management and disturbing attractions to children. Get yourself some counseling, buddy.

Shin_Nikkolas
I never once said anything of the kind.

For the love of god, STOP LYING for once in your life.

fascistcrusader
I'm not the one lying though. You're lying out of desperation to make yourself look better, but I think your reputation has been tarnihed beyond repair now that the truth about your sexual preference is out.

Lana
When did I link to another forum?

You just did, I edited it out of your post. You also did earlier with the translations thing in the off-topic thread.

Fasc, you need to shut up and walk away from this argument as well. You're definitely edging into crossing the line.

fascistcrusader
How am I crossing the line? I have not broken a single rule of the forum.

Shin_Nikkolas
Translation of what?

I don't remember that.

General Kaliero
You are crossing the line because you are antagonizing Nikkolas, deliberately egging him on. You want to add arguing with a mod to that as well?

fascistcrusader
you need a delete message option

fascistcrusader
I'm not delibrately egging him on, I'm defending myself from his false accusations.

Lana
Translation of what?

I don't remember that.

Sorry, that was Fire Ninja, my bad.

Lana
I'm not delibrately egging him on, I'm defending myself from his false accusations.

I've told this to Nikk before, now I'm saying it to you. 'Defending' yourself by getting hostile (which is what you are doing) is not at all acceptable. You do things civilly or you don't at all.

And bringing up things that happened at another forum (KMC does not care about your outside drama bullshit) to poke at him isn't going to fly.

Got it?

fascistcrusader
Ok, I'll stop, but I fail to see how I'm getting hostile. He's the one flaming, I'm being civil.

Lana
Ok, I'll stop, but I fail to see how I'm getting hostile. He's the one flaming, I'm being civil.

Well, GK and I disagree there, and that's all that really matters. KMC's not a democracy.

fascistcrusader
I suppose that's good to know. As you can see from my user name I've never been a fan of democracies.

One question though, does this forums ever do permanent bans or just temporary account suspensions?

Lana
I suppose that's good to know. As you can see from my user name I've never been a fan of democracies.

One question though, does this forums ever do permanent bans or just temporary account suspensions?

Plenty of people have been permanently banned from here.

There's an informal process involving warnings and temp bans before a perm ban is handed out.

fascistcrusader
I see, thanks for the information.

Violent2Dope
Okay, now that the off topic bullshit is out of the way, maybe we can actually get on topic in my thread.

Thiru
Sephiroth can suck my dick. He wins this fight

Sado-sama
lol

SHM
As stated before, will is mental power and mental power affecting something physically is TK. That's an established fact, it's common knowledge. Ignoring that and arguing semantics is just a desperate way of trying to underrate Sephiroth.

He held back Holy. Many characters in fiction with good mental powers and TK couldn't do something like that. Crushing the body of a person and lifting rocks is nothing compared to what he did.

In truth, Fortinbras' TK is pathetic if compared with Sephiroth's.

Terryc250
That guys body didnt look crushed to me =\

Violent2Dope
That guys body didnt look crushed to me =\ I'll admit, I am not sure what really happened to him, you hear a crushing sound and some blood, it's kinda weird.

Shin_Nikkolas
Seph couldn't be this awesome no matter what.

SwtCndqo1ac

Terryc250
^ defeating a monster isnt really that impressive, if you were to have watched Sephiroth in AC for the first time, and watch that video for the first time, im sure you would say Sephiroth is more impressive

Shin_Nikkolas
The monster was Fortinbras.

And I'm not saying it was something Seph couldn't do. I just found it cool.

Badabing
I'll tell everyone here.

I said on the Compilation forum I was a pedophile and I found younger children attractive.

When was this? Two years ago. I think i was seventeen.

Do you know what the other members did?

Were they nice and understanding of the problems I had in my life?

No. They all joked and accused me of raping kids.

Yes, that's why i was banned. You deserved more than banning. sick

B.A
Holy shit.

Violent2Dope
You're all fvckin stupid.

Terryc250
User banned by Raz, permanently

Reason: Admitting to pedophilia:
http://www.killermovies.com/forums/showthread.php?s=&postid=9808088#post9808088

WOW

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.