Rank The Anti-Monitor

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Shin_Nikkolas
In Marvel Cosmics, where would A-M of COIE rank?

While goob did a good job of showing that the narration itself says A-M only had the power of several mini-universes, that's been retconned.

What hasn't been retconned, or shown for that matter, is A-M actually destroying a universe under his own power.

So, I challenge anyone to prove the Anti-Monitor, before absoring the Anti-Matter Universe, could destroy a universe under his own power and nothing more.

If you can't prove this, the A-M isn't even as powerful as Galactus.

TricksterPriest
thumb down Bait thread. I'm this close to reporting you.

Shin_Nikkolas
Trick you and Nvr have been owned on this topic several times.

You can't prove the A-M can destroy a universe under his own power and without tech.

Just admit it already.

endrict
Originally posted by TricksterPriest
thumb down Bait thread. I'm this close to reporting you.

thumb up

Shin_Nikkolas
Still waiting on proof the A-M can destroy a universe under his own power.

nvrbeenwthagirl
Originally posted by Shin_Nikkolas
Still waiting on proof the A-M can destroy a universe under his own power. No proof needed. The AM was already as powerful as the entire multiverse. When one universe died, it threw off the balance and gave the AM plus one in power. Thus creating the entire series.

Shin_Nikkolas
Indeed. one would think if I had the power of the multiverse, these pesky five remaining universes wouldn't be a problem...but seems A-M needed more tech

And whatcha know...same with all his other feats..

Estacado

B.A
Lets see some scans on both sides of the argument.

Laminator_X
The Anti-Monitor seems a lot more powerful on paper than he turns out to be in practice. Absorbing the power of a unierse seems like it should make him uber, but then he gets punched around by Supergirl or the like.

I wonder if it's kind of like eating for him? I may be a bit more powerful after absorbing the energy of a Powerbar and some Gatoraide, but not infinitely so.

Gecko4lif
his body got punched around

It really did 0 damage to him thou

grey fox

You can't prove the A-M can destroy a universe under his own power and without tech.

Just admit it already.

Nor can you prove that he can't.

Bentley
You can't prove a negative. It makes no sense.

Ouallada
Originally posted by Laminator_X
The Anti-Monitor seems a lot more powerful on paper than he turns out to be in practice. Absorbing the power of a unierse seems like it should make him uber, but then he gets punched around by Supergirl or the like.

I wonder if it's kind of like eating for him? I may be a bit more powerful after absorbing the energy of a Powerbar and some Gatoraide, but not infinitely so.

That's the problem with DC right there, encapsulated in the AM's showings. A being who can absorb universes and hang with the specter (never mind he is not at full power) should not be wasting time with top tiers. Too many DC villains are bigged up just to be shot down by mere top tiers.

Galan007

Just admit it already. Bait thread.

Reported.

Ouallada
Originally posted by Galan007
Bait thread.

Reported.

It probably was meant to get a rise of them, but it was a pretty valid question, no? Just because it was aimed at them does not mean the question does not stand. Plus, it would be a great excuse to stop threads degenerating into SS vs superman or DS vs Thanos.

Symmetric Chaos
Although AM's feats in terms of destroying universes don't necisasarily imply that he had great power standing up to Spectre and surviving a blast that rewrote reality certainly does.

Originally posted by Ouallada
It probably was meant to get a rise of them, but it was a pretty valid question, no? Just because it was aimed at them does not mean the question does not stand.

Nonetheless the policy is that if someone creates a thread with the sole motive of causing an argument or attacking certain members the thread should be closed.

Plus, it would be a great excuse to stop threads degenerating into SS vs superman or DS vs Thanos.

I don't see how this thread would affect that.

Ouallada
Originally posted by Symmetric Chaos
Although AM's feats in terms of destroying universes don't necisasarily imply that he had great power standing up to Spectre and surviving a blast that rewrote reality certainly does.

A being who does all that should not be having problems with top tiers, yes? As I mentioned, the AM's showings were a culmination of DC's tendency to big villains up just to have the big seven take them down.

Originally posted by Symmetric Chaos Nonetheless the policy is that if someone creates a thread with the sole motive of causing an argument or attacking certain members the thread should be closed.

A debate and an argument are simply separated by the presence or absence of civility. If trick and nvr can be civil, I don't see why this cannot be a debate instead. I don't see how this is baiting them either. Anyone else can answer the OP's question.

Originally posted by Symmetric Chaos I don't see how this thread would affect that.

Assuming an intelligent debate ensues, what do SS vs superman and DS vs Thanos have to do with this thread?

Symmetric Chaos
A being who does all that should not be having problems with top tiers, yes? As I mentioned, the AM's showings were a culmination of DC's tendency to big villains up just to have the big seven take them down.

He didn't have trouble with top tiers. Throughout the whole of COIE they kept doing more and more to weaken him. Spectre's blast sapped his power, the magicians turned his shadows into energy leeches and sent them back into him, the tuning forks were stopping or at least slowing his ability to increase his power, Darksied channeled a huge amount of energy though AM's equivalent of K-nite right into AM.

He never really had much trouble going up against top tiers. Supergirl destroyed his body sure but that didn't really do anything. Top tiers screwed up his plans but none of them ever came close to beating him IIRC.

A debate and an argument are simply separated by the presence or absence of civility. If trick and nvr can be civil, I don't see why this cannot be a debate instead. I don't see how this is baiting them either. Anyone else can answer the OP's question.

Assuming an intelligent debate ensues, what do SS vs superman and DS vs Thanos have to do with this thread?

You've made a lot of assumptions there.

Ouallada
He didn't have trouble with top tiers. Throughout the whole of COIE they kept doing more and more to weaken him. Spectre's blast sapped his power, the magicians turned his shadows into energy leeches and sent them back into him, the tuning forks were stopping or at least slowing his ability to increase his power, Darksied channeled a huge amount of energy though AM's equivalent of K-nite right into AM.

He never really had much trouble going up against top tiers. Supergirl destroyed his body sure but that didn't really do anything. Top tiers screwed up his plans but none of them ever came close to beating him IIRC.

It wasn't so much of trouble as the fact that AM couldn't swat them like the ants like they should have been to him. I know he got hit by Spectre. I know he got poisoned by his shadows. I know that DS channeled energy through Alex to him. The point is that a being of his supposed power should not have had this much hassle at all. Even without talking purely about top tiers, DS himself should have been insignificant to the AM, which was not the case.

You've made a lot of assumptions there.

The first was to show that it does not have to be a silly, childish argument if people don't let it become one. It takes two hands to clap.

As for assumptions, I wouldn't know any more than you whether trick and nvr are going to be civil, would I? Would you prefer if I had jumped to conclusions?

Symmetric Chaos
It wasn't so much of trouble as the fact that AM couldn't swat them like the ants like they should have been to him. I know he got hit by Spectre. I know he got poisoned by his shadows. I know that DS channeled energy through Alex to him. The point is that a being of his supposed power should not have had this much hassle at all. Even without talking purely about top tiers, DS himself should have been insignificant to the AM, which was not the case.

AM's problem seemed to be that everything he did took a long time and that he couldn't be everywhere at once. DS would have been insignificant and he knew it otherwise he wouldn't have hidden Apokalips or agreed to help.

Top tiers (except Supergirl) did nothing to him and did get swatted around. Hell, he took out every remaining hero in one shot when he stole their power.

The first was to show that it does not have to be a silly, childish argument if people don't let it become one. It takes two hands to clap.

As for assumptions, I wouldn't know any more than you whether trick and nvr are going to be civil, would I? Would you prefer if I had jumped to conclusions?

Nah, I'm just being an ass.

Ouallada
AM's problem seemed to be that everything he did took a long time and that he couldn't be everywhere at once. DS would have been insignificant and he knew it otherwise he wouldn't have hidden Apokalips or agreed to help.

Top tiers (except Supergirl) did nothing to him and did get swatted around. Hell, he took out every remaining hero in one shot when he stole their power.

I'll leave that to the others who know the AM better than myself to debate. I just voiced my concern about the AM's fluctuating performance.

Soljer
Originally posted by Bentley
You can't prove a negative. It makes no sense.

Actually...it is entirely possible to prove a negative....

Bentley
Sorry, I meant that for the propose of a debate you cannot say: "Ed can turn himself into a chimp, prove otherwise", the person who brings the argument has to prove it first before asking for the negative to be proven.

Quite different from the first post, I know.

Shin_Nikkolas
This was AFTER he absorbed the Anti-Matter Universe and all the positive matter universes that became part of it upon their destruction.

My opening post clearly states to show him destroying a universe before he gains this massive powerup.

Tron

Just admit it already.

In case you weren't aware, this qualifies as a spite thread. Don't open another one again.

Closed...

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.