S02E09 - Cautionary Tales

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Strangelove
Synopsis

Convinced that the Company is close to finding them, H.R.G. prepares the family to run -- but Claire has other ideas. Hiro returns from the past and learns of his father's death. Grief-stricken, he flings himself into past and makes a stunning personal discovery. After a charged first encounter with Elle, Suresh makes a decision that could change lives. Meanwhile, Matt struggles with his expanding mental abilities. Maya and Alejandro's relationship is tested as they travel with Sylar. Peter meets someone who could unlock his past.

Preview
XWhE8Ij0eDI

Mairuzu
i think hiro sees who kills his father

S_D_J
Am I the only one who think this episode is gonna be another "Company Man" (I mean how good it's gonna be)

Can't wait for next Monday...

.... and I hope I'm right

Strangelove
Originally posted by Mairuzu
i think hiro sees who kills his father that's pretty obvious....

My question is, will he save his father?

~Forever*Alone~
can he save his father? he should try fixing all his other mistakes if he can....

exanda kane
I'm just disappointed, still, that this is one of the season's last episodes; to me the season has just kicked off, the groundwork has been set for later revelations, and now we won't see the fruition, if all, until Season 3.

It would have been nice to have this, which looks like a face paced, climactic episodes in the middle of the story arc, rather than the end.

S_D_J
it was poor planning by the writers... and creator, but at least it's picking up again... and it's not the end of the season, there's still about 12-13 episodes left, the problem it's the strike that's cutting short all series... at least Heroes will have somewhat of a season finale by the of the "Generations" arc

Mairuzu
So what is it? Two more episodes?

S_D_J
actually 3

Volume 2 ends Dec 3rd

The Canadian Preview
bBGF7dkXU0Y

god this episode looks so damn good..... I hope West gets killed big grin

Mairuzu
Never ever ever take a mans daughter

HAHAHA does it really need two Evers?

S_D_J
I don't know how it's gonna end... but sure bennet is right when he ask that question,... how did Mohinder thought it was going to end?, he doesn't stand a chance

Mairuzu
I just dont have noah to die... ever

hard to find a badass like him

exanda kane
The editing bamboozled me a little; was that Mohinder or Bob Noah was aiming his Company Gun at?

I think both Noah and Mohinder are too good to lose as characters (If Mohinder is allowed to fiddle with his fathers research, meet any rivals etc), hell even Bob's a good character. No, Cautionary Tales will be shits and giggles.

Strangelove
Originally posted by S_D_J
I hope West gets killed big grin Oh shut up.

S_D_J
Originally posted by Strangelove
Oh shut up.
No, I won't big grin

Spoilers from Kristin:

Next week, HRG and West are going to buddy up. (I know. Kooky.)

Hiro sees his daddy again.

Matt Parker can do so much more than read people's minds! I'll tell you what else he can do, but first...stop what you are doing and give me a million dollars.

Suresh slips further down into the dark side. Boo...

Elle asks if Suresh's superpower is to be a punching bag. Ha!big grin]

Bob and Clairebear meet up. This is not good.

We find out who killed Kaito Nakamura. And yes, it's someone we know. And his motive is revenge.
Hiro is pissed.
You're gonna love it.

Next week, someone's going to die. And you are not going to like who is going to die. You're not gonna like it one bit. (And neither is Claire...Whoops. Did I say that out loud?) Anyway, yeah, get ready to freak. sad

Strangelove
You know, half of the things you put in spoiler tags aren't even real spoilers.

General Zink
Better tagged than not, though...

Entity
Well while it will suck enormously and be a huge mistake for the show IMO if Noah dies, all that really really matters to me is, PETER BETTER NOT DIE!!! mad

Also they better not kill Mohinder, Hiro, Matt, or Claire. Other than Mohinder I don't see any of those as being real possibilities thou.
Nikki however should've died before the show began. I was so glad to see her infected with a strain of the virus that Mohinder's blood couldn't cure. smile

S_D_J
Originally posted by Strangelove
You know, half of the things you put in spoiler tags aren't even real spoilers.
Originally posted by General Zink
Better tagged than not, though...

though i did put tags on some just to mess around big grin

As much as it pains me to say it, I do think Isaac's painting will come true and we'll have a dead Noah Bennet... though it was said that 3 characters will die, but 2 of them would be bring back... I'm guessing using Claire/Adam's blood

Captain REX
That is true. As soon as Claire finds out that she can regenerate other people by giving them her blood, you know she's going to go crazy with that.

"Someone shot Dad? Whatever. *injects* My friend got herpes? No problem. *injects* Cancer? I have the cure! *injects* "

Apparently Adam tried this, eh?

S_D_J
Originally posted by Captain REX

"Someone shot Dad? Whatever. *injects* My friend got herpes? No problem. *injects*

big grin

3 clips from next episode

http://media.tv.ign.com/media/827/827560/vids_1.html

Captain REX
Hehe. Elle wants to fry people.

HueyFreeman
Claires ignorance of her fathers requests is bad writing. Of all the development that happened to them last season her reaction to his requests is not believable. Especially over a guy shes known for 3 weeks.

InnerRise
Was so happy with how the episode ended.

I was so shocked and pissed at a certain someone dying.

But I'm okay now.

*Huge Sigh of Relief*

Was soooo expecting/hoping that Bob would die especially based on what we saw in preview for this show.

Seems Elle may be having second thoughts. That'd be interesting. She pulled away from her dad.

Anata wa wakarimasu ka.....

Ordained
I feel the exact same way as you, InneRise. EXACT SAME WAY.

Strangelove
UHUHUHUHUHUHUHU

Yes, that was me orgasming.

What a top-notch episode.

Captain REX
"Holy sh- " - Mr. Bennet

Indeed, very top-notch. I laughed when Elle untintentionally fried herself.

T.M
Very good episode

I laughed at Elle when she done that to.

"stings like a *****, doesn't it?" laughing out loud

InnerRise
I loved that line. Held back some laughter when Bennet said that.

"Stings like a betch, doesn't it." 313

anata wa wakarimasu ka.....

Mairuzu
I knew that Noah was gunna be revived by the company with clairs blood.. too obvious, and yea that quote was just badass haha..

I loved when west slams into Elle while flying and then rams her into the car haha..

The whole Hiro segmant was great also.. hes getting stronger physically and mentaly

Matt parkmans power is great.... its like persuasion but better

Entity
Episode was kick ass. I was of course like all of you just kinda saying holy crap ****tards. When you know what happened but also was basically saying the exact opposite and feeling like the ****tard at the end for not seeing it.

Also apparently Mohinder is going back to the brain dead scientist he was last season. Damn for a smart guy he's about moronic.

"Stings like a b*tch doesn't it?" Yea that was the kick ass line of the episode but see yall done covered that as well.
That was my "Why the hell are you thinking in Japanese?" for this season.

Also I loved the parts with Hiro and his father as he got to say goodbye.
What would people give for that. I can only imagine. I also couldn't imagine letting go after. Must have been as hard as cutting his heart out by leaving Yaeko behind to come back and preserve history.

I bet it meant more than all the power and the world to him to hear his father tell him how proud he was before he died thou.

Mairuzu
I found it funny at the end.. when noah woke up, he said "Holy sh.." which was the same line Claire said when she woke up in the hospital bed

Ordained
Did they say what Hiro's father's ability was? I think that this was another episode that ranks up there with "Company Man." At least IMO yes

T.M
Originally posted by Ordained
Did they say what Hiro's father's ability was? I think that this was another episode that ranks up there with "Company Man." At least IMO yes

No, there is no mention of any ability's for Kaito

Mairuzu
still waiting for clarification on Angela Petrelli's

Darth Putte
Originally posted by Mairuzu
still waiting for clarification on Angela Petrelli's

Clarification on what? Being able to bleed through her nose? smile

I actually saw the whole bring back from dead thing coming, and I hated it... sad When someones dead they are supposed to stay dead... Right now nobody ever has to die again if claire and adam just keeps pumping blood... smile

edited

Mairuzu
Would Peters blood work? I kinda doubt it

AstroFan
Peter's blood may make you do all kinds of crazy things. laughing out loud

InnerRise
Originally posted by T.M
No, there is no mention of any ability's for Kaito Actually there was.

When referring to all of the Heroes....he included himself as well by saying "Us" or "We."

He has an ability but it wasn't revealed.

I thought it was kind of messed up how Bennet's body was just left there and they flew away but he did tell him to just fly away no matter what happened and I guess it worked out in his favor by being left there.

Yeah, when Bennet arose in the bed right at the end and said something, I thought he was cut off while saying "Holy sh@t", but I wasn't sure b/c the cut off was so sudden and I thought maybe I didn't hear it correctly.

When you hear people say that on tv and get cut off it usually gets cut off at "Holy Sh---"

But Bennet's was cut off at "Holy----" or maybe even "Ho---" so I wasn't 100% sure that was what he actually said.

Mairuzu
yea...

~Forever*Alone~
waaaaaaaa!!!!! i missed it!!!!

so sad -_-

but sylar speaks spanish now right? cause hes been hanging out with them for long enough.

Mairuzu
haha, does it show him speaking spanish? wasnt that long was it? like a week at the most?

InnerRise
Originally posted by ~Forever*Alone~
waaaaaaaa!!!!! i missed it!!!!

so sad -_-

but sylar speaks spanish now right? cause hes been hanging out with them for long enough. No, he doesn't speak spanish.

The Pict
Great episode,

I don't like the things Matt is doing though. He's one of my favourite characters but his power might make him turn out like his father because he can make people do whatever he wants.

S_D_J
OMG eek!

this is by far "company man" this season....

any HRG centered episode is a great episode

.... any episode after this one will be hard to top though

Gideon
It is official: Noah Bennet is the most badass character in this entire series. Period. Bar none. He's officially surpassed Sylar and Adam and Dark!Peter.

Highlights:

- HRG's flawless scheming.
- HRG putting the fear of God into Mohinder after kicking the utter shit out of him. Though kudos to Mohinder for getting a good punch in, but really Nerdy Scientist vs. Elite Agency Veteran? Pfft.
- HRG putting the fear of God into Elle after ruthlessly taunting her that she's a f--k up at life and making her electrocute herself.
- HRG putting the fear of God into Elle and Bob when he had them at gunpoint.
- HRG CONQUERING DEATH!

I am officially a complete fanboy.

Mairuzu
Exactly! He doesnt need a power... HES FREAKIN BATMAN.....-like

Ericadawn
Yep, I didn't use to like Noah, but now I definitely do. I can't wait for the reunion.

InnerRise
I'm looking forward to a possible Showdown between Claire and Elle.

Gideon
Well, fanboy bias aside, I genuinely got the impression that Kring and co. were well aware of the fact that killing off HRG would be like killing Claire or Peter or Hiro. In many, many ways, he's arguably the most essential character of the series in terms of the plot. Whereas Sylar and Peter and Claire are essential to the overlying arch, HRG is that and the fact that he's considered "the glue" that connects all the stories.

S_D_J
while looking around, I've seen there are mixed feelings about Noah being revived in this episode,...

while it was pretty damn obvious he was gonna die and then reanimated using Claire's blood, the revelation of his resurrection was not supposed to appeared at the end of this episode, but in the next, or in the latest episode ("Powerless"wink of this mid-season. One of the executives/producers of the episode decided to include his revival in the last minute....

all of that aside.... yes, HRG is by far my favourite character in the show (he has surpassed Hiro in my preferences. and while he is an important part of the show, he was supposed to die and remained dead for at least an episode, that was the plan all along, it wasn't something change at the last minute

Originally posted by InnerRise
I'm looking forward to a possible Showdown between Claire and Elle.

Next episode might give us that... big grin

Gideon
I suppose it would've been a more powerful scene (his revival) if he'd been dead for an episode or two, yeah.

stickman618
i've just seen this episode

Mohinder's staring to annoy me now

and it's funny how West and Noah are acting like best friends

and how does living forever make Adam/Kensei dangerous??
he seems to have good intentions

(what's HRG stand for?)

InnerRise
Originally posted by stickman618
and how does living forever make Adam/Kensei dangerous??
he seems to have good intentions

(what's HRG stand for?)

So I gather you haven't paid a lick of attention while watching have you? No no, you haven't.

And HRG stands for: Horned Rimmed Glasses

General Zink
Adam has good intentions? He's likely the one who released the virus that wiped out mankind.

stickman618
i was wondering about that

how does he go from wanting to heal people to wanting to wipe them out?

Angela says he's dangerous 'cos he lives forever, what's that about?

General Zink
I think he's basically crazy after 400 years.

He doesn't really want to heal people. It's all a facade.

stickman618
yeah, i guess he is crazy

after all, there's a reason why no one lives forever right?

InnerRise
Because they get old and die. no expression

stickman618
maybe the mind can't take it

new knowledge, technology, information
i'm sure there's a limit to how much the human mind can absorb
he probably reached that limit and snapped

Darth Hord
Not to mention he was imprisoned in 1977 till Peter freed him. I think he would have less contact with other humans than a maximum security prisoner would.

InnerRise
Originally posted by stickman618
maybe the mind can't take it

new knowledge, technology, information
i'm sure there's a limit to how much the human mind can absorb
he probably reached that limit and snapped Are you real?

stickman618
sure,

why not?

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.