Who would last the longest against H/P Doomsday?

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Master-Borg
Rank the following characters from the person who would survive the longest to the person who would die the quickest in a fight against H/P Doomsday! They are aware of DD's threat and will use the full extent of their powers.

Superman
Green Lantern (Hal Jordan)
Silver Surfer
Thor
Hulk
Wolverine

Bransolute
Truthfully... Surfer, Hal, and Thor.

All the rest are h2h fighters essentially, so no, they'd probably be raped.
And Thor's hammer does help big time, whether he goes h2h, or shoots blasts.

Master-Borg
Originally posted by Bransolute
Truthfully... Surfer, Hal, and Thor.

All the rest are h2h fighters essentially, so no, they'd probably be raped.

Why not Superman? he's fast and has versatility to keep DD at bay for awhile.

Also, Hulk might stand for awhile just because he's the only guy here who will only get stronger the harder DD hits him.

I don't think Hal wouldnt survive too long...his shields will be broken through very quickly by HP DD.

Thor's godblast might work once or twice, but after that he's a goner.

Bransolute
Originally posted by Master-Borg
Why not Superman? he's fast and has versatility to keep DD at bay for awhile.

Also, Hulk might stand for awhile just because he's the only guy here who will only get stronger the harder DD hits him.

I don't think Hal wouldnt survive too long...his shields will be broken through very quickly by HP DD.

Thor's godblast might work once or twice, but after that he's a goner. Because HP Doomsday broke Superman's arm with a simple movement... and Superman if he wanted to fight him, would have to get close and deliver a few blows to him, and such, and that is unlikely that he's not going to get caught.
Of course, there's also hv, but how effective would that be... really?

Hulk is gunna get his ass reamed.

Only if he stands there like a tool.

Thor doesn't need a Godblast, nor would he deliver one in an actual fight. And if he did, it would most likely rape Doomy...
I wonder what would happen if this hit Doomsday... but with more power...
http://i118.photobucket.com/albums/o106/bigbran1/Thor_4_0029.jpg
http://i118.photobucket.com/albums/o106/bigbran1/Thor_4_0030.jpg

Also, a couple hammer throws would force Doomy back quite a bit me thinks, and since this battle is about who can last the longest... Thor fighting smart would be able to last long.

Avlon
Rank the following characters from the person who would survive the longest to the person who would die the quickest in a fight against H/P Doomsday! They are aware of DD's threat and will use the full extent of their powers.

Superman
Green Lantern (Hal Jordan)
Silver Surfer
Thor
Hulk
Wolverine

The whole lot is dead...they're either too slow or too weak to deal with that version of DD in a straight fight.

Bransolute
Originally posted by Avlon
The whole lot is dead...they're either too slow or too weak to deal with that version of DD in a straight fight. They only need to survive the longest.

Bransolute
Thor is much slower than Superman correct? He wouldn't land a hit on DD and wouldn't be able to dodge DD's hits...considering even Superman couldn't. Assuming he could land hits, I doubt hammer throws would even be felt by DD when DS's omega blast only took down DD for a coupla seconds.

I still think Hulk has the best chance...just because he's the only one that improves the longer the fight goes on. However, every shot Thor throws should be able to knock him back to save some time.

DD was knocked back like a football field distance from the OB's... he also doesn't need to feel it, it only needs to offset his balance and force him back.

Hulk would get reamed so bad... so bad...
Plus, Thor's hammer>Hulk's fist... so why Hulk would have a better chance is beyond me, and while Doomy wouldn't be able to feel Thor's hits... but Hulk would have a chance? The best mind you?

Master-Borg
Because HP Doomsday broke Superman's arm with a simple movement... and Superman if he wanted to fight him, would have to get close and deliver a few blows to him, and such, and that is unlikely that he's not going to get caught.
Of course, there's also hv, but how effective would that be... really?

Hulk is gunna get his ass reamed.

Only if he stands there like a tool.

Thor doesn't need a Godblast, nor would he deliver one in an actual fight. And if he did, it would most likely rape Doomy...
I wonder what would happen if this hit Doomsday... but with more power...
http://i118.photobucket.com/albums/o106/bigbran1/Thor_4_0029.jpg
http://i118.photobucket.com/albums/o106/bigbran1/Thor_4_0030.jpg

Also, a couple hammer throws would force Doomy back quite a bit me thinks, and since this battle is about who can last the longest... Thor fighting smart would be able to last long.

Thor is much slower than Superman correct? He wouldn't land a hit on DD and wouldn't be able to dodge DD's hits...considering even Superman couldn't. Assuming he could land hits, I doubt hammer throws would even be felt by DD when DS's omega blast only took down DD for a coupla seconds.

I still think Hulk has the best chance...just because he's the only one that improves the longer the fight goes on.

Master-Borg
The whole lot is dead...they're either too slow or too weak to deal with that version of DD in a straight fight. I realize they'll all be dead...my question is who can last the longest against DD in a fight.

Avlon
They only need to survive the longest.

Then Thor would be the 1st to go.

He's still devastatingly slow and has no healing factor.

Endless Mike
Couldn't Hal, Surfer, and Thor BFR him?

MightyEInherjar
Surfer.

Say throughout the fight DD adapts to 100 different energies Silver Surfer has thrown at him; Norrin still has a countless number of obscure energies that could be focused and directed at DD.

Avlon
Originally posted by Endless Mike
Couldn't Hal, Surfer, and Thor BFR him?

Depends...I don't see any of them as being fast enough to do it in an 1 on 1 fight.

Master-Borg
No BFR.

Bransolute
Then Thor would be the 1st to go.

He's still devastatingly slow and has no healing factor. Sure... if he fights like he does against Hulk... ie, throw his hammer away and use no skill...

Otherwise, Wolverine wins, and Hulk goes out first.

Avlon
Sure... if he fights like he does against Hulk... ie, throw his hammer away and use no skill...

Otherwise, Wolverine wins, and Hulk goes out first.

Isn't that how he usually fights. smile

Hulks healing factor seems as good as wolvies...but they can and have been KO'd.

Master-Borg

Hulks healing factor seems as good as wolvies...but they can and have been KO'd.

only thing is Hulk gets better as the fight goes along...unless DD manages to KO Hulk, his attacks will only serve to boost Hulk's rage and his power

Bransolute

Hulks healing factor seems as good as wolvies...but they can and have been KO'd. Only when he fights pure bricks without anything else going for them, I'm afraid... he also has pride as well, which made him go h2h with Hulk.

And he doesn't know Doomy, or will he be able to talk to him...

Avlon
only thing is Hulk gets better as the fight goes along...unless DD manages to KO Hulk, his attacks will only serve to boost Hulk's rage and his power

Only problem with that theory is that DD does the same thing, only faster and better.

He gets stronger as he gets angrier as well.

Avlon
Only when he fights pure bricks without anything else going for them, I'm afraid... he also has pride as well, which made him go h2h with Hulk.

And he doesn't know Doomy, or will he be able to talk to him...

When your enemy is far faster, stronger, and more durable than you...and relentless on top of that....it's extremely difficult to get a win.

Bransolute
When your enemy is far faster, stronger, and more durable than you...and relentless on top of that....it's extremely difficult to get a win. Far faster... I'm still curious as to where Doomsday's speed comes from... 'cause I've only really seen good reflexes, and some odd running feats.

He doesn't have to win... he has to survive/hold him off.

Avlon
Far faster... I'm still curious as to where Doomsday's speed comes from... 'cause I've only really seen good reflexes, and some odd running feats.

He doesn't have to win... he has to survive/hold him off.

Hulk is just as durable as Thor and has a healing factor...He'd last longer.

I never stated Thor winning...his speed or lack of it is a hindrance.

Bransolute
Hulk is just as durable as Thor and has a healing factor...He'd last longer. Hulk doesn't have a hammer with many abilities, and is just a straight brawler.

Also, Thor only lacks speed when he's not angry...

Avlon
Hulk doesn't have a hammer with many abilities, and is just a straight brawler.

Also, Thor only lacks speed when he's not angry...

He'd need to be able to use the hammer.

Since he wont....

h1a8
Actually all here would die very quickly from a claw send to the brain. The way it went through Superman's shoulder like liquid has me convinced that it will go through wolverine's skull just as easily.

Kutulu
Depends...I don't see any of them as being fast enough to do it in an 1 on 1 fight.

You don't think Surfer is fast enough? He can travel a thousand light years in a blink of an eye.

I think Surfer would last the longest if properly written. His skin has been shown to be virtually impenetrable; he can duplicate any energy signature, so if Doomsday adapts to one he can simply switch spectrums. He is easily fast enough to avoid Doomsday in hand to hand, and also has the ability to transmute living life forms.

Bentley
Surfer would last the longest as he is the fastest and most versatile character of the bunch -two things together-, he also has all kinds of weird resources at hand such as becoming atomic-sized, intangible and throwing different energies off his ass.

That is off course unless Hal can actually copy Doomsday's DNA on himself, which would make him the clear winner.

janus77
Surfer could probably beat DD.
Surfer simply needs to prevent DD from touching him (that's assuming DD could significantly hurt him in the first place) and that's not a problem for Surfer.

Hulk would last the longest, after Surfer, simply because he can take insane amounts of pain and regenerate at incredible speeds. also he could probably knock DD back a few times too. Thunderclaps may help to keep DD at bay awhile.

Sundipped
Originally posted by janus77
Surfer could probably beat DD.
Surfer simply needs to prevent DD from touching him (that's assuming DD could significantly hurt him in the first place) and that's not a problem for Surfer.

Hulk would last the longest, after Surfer, simply because he can take insane amounts of pain and regenerate at incredible speeds. also he could probably knock DD back a few times too. Thunderclaps may help to keep DD at bay awhile.

Surfer would have to go intangible (which is rare) at the start of the fight to win.

Hulk wouldn't last that long. DD is capable of breaking both Hulk's arms at the start of the fight. Thunderclaps wont help anyway because DD can close his auditory canals.

Soljer
Hal and the Surfer would last the longest and have a shot at winning. Then Superman - assuming he's fighting intelligently - because he knows what this Doomsday is capable of, and he could easily fly circles around him. Then the Hulk, who is insanely durable with an amazing healing factor. Then Thor, who is prone to getting close enough to be demolished. Then Wolverine who....really shouldn't even be in this thread.

janus77
Originally posted by Sundipped
Surfer would have to go intangible (which is rare) at the start of the fight to win.

Hulk wouldn't last that long. DD is capable of breaking both Hulk's arms at the start of the fight. Thunderclaps wont help anyway because DD can close his auditory canals.
the Thunderclaps wouldn't merely affect the auditory canals, their physical effects would be to throw DD back some distance.

Hulk would simply recover in a panel IF DD could break his arms, that's not gonna do much to stop him.

DD's not overpowering him any time soon, it'll drag out over a long period.

Surfer's just too versatile, fast, powerful and has Cosmic Awareness which can augment his DNA mucking skills... SS kills DD imo.

SuperiorTech
the Thunderclaps wouldn't merely affect the auditory canals, their physical effects would be to throw DD back some distance.

Hulk would simply recover in a panel IF DD could break his arms, that's not gonna do much to stop him.

DD's not overpowering him any time soon, it'll drag out over a long period.

Surfer's just too versatile, fast, powerful and has Cosmic Awareness which can augment his DNA mucking skills... SS kills DD imo.

Hulk has little to no chance of beating dd the reason he would last any amount of time is due to his durability and his healing factor.

Avlon
Originally posted by Kutulu
You don't think Surfer is fast enough? He can travel a thousand light years in a blink of an eye.

I think Surfer would last the longest if properly written. His skin has been shown to be virtually impenetrable; he can duplicate any energy signature, so if Doomsday adapts to one he can simply switch spectrums. He is easily fast enough to avoid Doomsday in hand to hand, and also has the ability to transmute living life forms.

Surfer travels this fast while on his board and even while on the board...he enters hyperspace once he hits a certain speed. His foot speed and fighting speed have never been impressive.

janus77
Originally posted by SuperiorTech
Hulk has little to no chance of beating dd the reason he would last any amount of time is due to his durability and his healing factor.
by the same token, what can DD offer to even temporarily put down The Hulk?

I just don't see a genuine argument for saying Hulk wouldn't make for a seriously loooong fight.

the reason I put the Surfer ahead is because Surfer has the tools to completely take apart a genetic experiment like DD.
global DNA altering skills are just not to be dismissed, ever.

aside from that, I doubt Surfer would be able to take the same levels of punishment The Hulk can, and come back infinitely stronger.

UniOmni
Originally posted by h1a8
Actually all here would die very quickly from a claw send to the brain. The way it went through Superman's shoulder like liquid has me convinced that it will go through wolverine's skull just as easily.

So because DD cut Superman, who's had his skin broken a few times, is proof enough that he'd go through Wolverines adamantium skull, which has never ever been broken?

This post is the reason why Superman is so hated on vs forums.

Illogical pitfalls like this.

SuperiorTech
by the same token, what can DD offer to even temporarily put down The Hulk?

I just don't see a genuine argument for saying Hulk wouldn't make for a seriously loooong fight.

the reason I put the Surfer ahead is because Surfer has the tools to completely take apart a genetic experiment like DD.
global DNA altering skills are just not to be dismissed, ever.

aside from that, I doubt Surfer would be able to take the same levels of punishment The Hulk can, and come back infinitely stronger.

Surfers Durability >>>>>Hulk's Durability and Surfer can amp his strength with the power cosmic.

janus77
Surfers Durability >>>>>Hulk's Durability and Surfer can amp his strength with the power cosmic.
gonna disagree on both parts.
Surfer's great but he's far more fragile than Hulk.
what Zom/Strange did to Hulk, what Hulk's gone through in general, I think it would kill Surfer in an instant.

Surfer has hard limits, with regards to amping, he can't hold as much power as Hulk can.

Soljer
what Zom/Strange did to Hulk, what Hulk's gone through in general, I think it would kill Surfer in an instant.

Then you're just plain wrong, because the Surfer's suffered through much much worse.

SuperiorTech

Surfer has hard limits, with regards to amping, he can't hold as much power as Hulk can.

You dont actually think the hulk can beat the surfer?

Val
He thinks Superman is a fly compared to Hulk. Surfer can't be more than an angry bee in comparison.

janus77
you have problems with reading in context?

no.
Surfer's too versatile, fast and powerful for Hulk to get anywhere with.

Fanboy
What's wolverine doing there?

janus77
Originally posted by Fanboy
What's wolverine doing there?
praying for advil?

Hitman911
Originally posted by UniOmni
So because DD cut Superman, who's had his skin broken a few times, is proof enough that he'd go through Wolverines adamantium skull, which has never ever been broken?

This post is the reason why Superman is so hated on vs forums.

Illogical pitfalls like this. laughing at you for thinking adamantium is >>>Superman

UniOmni
Originally posted by Hitman911
laughing at you for thinking adamantium is >>>Superman

WTF ever gave me that idea.

I mean, it's not like true adamantium has ever been broken....

Meanwhile, Superman has been cut...........sooooo......wtf is wrong with your mental capacities?

Bransolute
He'd need to be able to use the hammer.

Since he wont.... News to me...

Master-Borg
my thoughts to some of the comments:

1. I don't see why Hal would have a good chance against DD. DD went through legions of GLs and that was before he became HP, so while Hal is certainly >>> most GLs, I don't see him faring well.

2. Surfer turning intangible won't help...seeing as DD killed a being of PURE energy. Also, about Surfer's durability...wasn't he beaten pretty badly by the Hulk in planet hulk...(maybe there was a depowering im not aware of)

3. Wolverine is on this list because he has an insane HF and with his adamantium skeleton, he may the the hardest for DD to land a mortal blow against.

UniOmni
Surfer WAS depowered on Sakaar(planet Hulk).

h1a8
WTF ever gave me that idea.

I mean, it's not like true adamantium has ever been broken....

Meanwhile, Superman has been cut...........sooooo......wtf is wrong with your mental capacities?

A sack of potatos can break some wood. Yet the wood is harder than the sack of potatos. Also I can stab through a potato with a sharp knife much easier than a slab of wood. So whether Superman is as durable as adamantium has nothing to do with whether he can break it (And if he can then DD can). As far as I know, Superman resisted adamantium cutting beams in a crossover. It's not canon but at least we know what the writers think. Also, Ultimate Hulk ripped Ultimate Wolverine in half. It's not canon but it adds plausibility that enough strength can indeed break adamantium.

Lastly, with all good reason, I don't believe that true adamantium is much more than a few times stronger than Superman's muscles and bones (DD's claw went clean through his shoulder like liquid). So if something goes through something like liquid then it definitely can go through something a few times stronger.

UniOmni
Originally posted by h1a8
A sack of potatos can break some wood. Yet the wood is harder than the sack of potatos. Also I can stab through a potato with a sharp knife much easier than a slab of wood. So whether Superman is as durable as adamantium has nothing to do with whether he can break it (And if he can then DD can). As far as I know, Superman resisted adamantium cutting beams in a crossover. It's not canon but at least we know what the writers think. Also, Ultimate Hulk ripped Ultimate Wolverine in half. It's not canon but it adds plausibility that enough strength can indeed break adamantium.

Lastly, with all good reason, I don't believe that true adamantium is much more than a few times stronger than Superman's muscles and bones (DD's claw went clean through his shoulder like liquid). So if something goes through something like liquid then it definitely can go through something a few times stronger.

So what good reason makes you think adamantium and Superman are comparable in durability?

One has been cut, bruised and even broken.

The other hasn't ever been damaged.

So tell me how you came to this conclusion.

h1a8
So what good reason makes you think adamantium and Superman are comparable in durability?

One has been cut, bruised and even broken.

The other hasn't ever been damaged.

So tell me how you came to this conclusion.
This is how:

True adamantium has been damaged before even though there wasn't any H/P DD level beings to even attempt to damage adamantium by physical forcely means. It has been dented a couple times and has been broken as well. Since Thor and Hulk dented it with blunt force then what if we were to double their power and provide them with a sharper edge in which to strike instead of the blunt objects they used (flat Mjlonir and fist). There's no doubt that they would be able to penetrate it then. So it is very reasonable that DD can do the same.

Writers also obviously think that Superman's durability is comparable to adamantium. That's all that matters.
DD went all the way clean through to the other side of Superman's shoulder and bone like liquid for crying out loud. And since I can pentrate liquid then I obviously can penetrate something more than 10 times stronger (such as paper). Hell, I can even penetrate something more than 1000 times stronger than liquid :wood. This logic applies to DD as well. Do you think true adamantium is more than 1000 times stronger than Superman when Thor and Hulk has dented it, when Superman resisted adamantium cutting beams, etc. There is no way in the world that anyone should think that adamantium is too much more than a few times more durable as Superman.

UniOmni
Thor didn't dent adamantium.

He said he did, but upon further inspection, no damage was done iirc.

Hulk never dented true adamantium. Secondary, sure.

tjcoady
Surfer, Hal, or Thor. You asked who would last the longest. As the others aren't capable for long term space flight, Surfer, Hal, or Thor just flying into space as fast as they can would take the win. You didn't say they actually need to confront him. : )

h1a8
Thor didn't dent adamantium.

He said he did, but upon further inspection, no damage was done iirc.

Hulk never dented true adamantium. Secondary, sure.

It is impossible to hyperbole 'dent'. Why in the hell would Thor say he dented it and he didn't?
What would be the point the writers are trying to get across here? That Thor is a liar? This makes no sense.
You need to stop treating these comics as stories that happened in real life and rather as stories that are told by the intentions of the writers.

And my bad, Hulk actually dented and cracked Ultron's armor which is made of true adamantium, not secondary.

UniOmni
But was retconned into being secondary adamantium.

h1a8

This is most likely true. I'm not so sure about the Thor feat though.
Was it retconned recently? And was it before or after Secret Wars?

But anyway, I have no problems in saying that true adamantium is more durable than Superman's body. But no way do I think that it is a lot more durable than his body. Otherwise, writers wouldn't think that Superman can withstand adamantium cutting beams. So I think DD can penetrate Wolverine's skull, but not like liquid as he did to Superman's shoulder and bone.

h1a8

On second though it could have been retconned, but know that Thor with all his might "scarcely put a dent in it," yet Thor, with not too much difficultly, damaged the secondary adamantium armor of the Ultron duplicates in a much later battle. So most likely this instance probably wasn't retconned as secondary adamantium after all. This is because the avengers probably wouldn't be making a fuss over secondary adamantium since they managed to damage it easier later. So since later Ultrons improved then it is feasible that the Ultron that Hulk cracked was made out of true adamantium too. I agree that other damages of adamantium was retconned as secondary adamantium though.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.