No Country for Old Men

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

D-Wag
No Country For Old Men

http://www.apple.com/trailers/miramax/nocountryforoldmen/trailer/

Looks good, I think its worth seeing.

jaden101
most things by the coen brothers are worth seeing...watched this trailer this morning...does look good

dave_kodak
i wouldnt mind seeing it, i know a few people who WILL go and see it, myself however, im leaning tword seeing it. it already has a good note in my book.

Solo
I'm no fan of the Coen Brothers. I'll wait for the dvd.

Myth
Saw this trailer a while ago now, but looks great and I love the Coen Brothers.

Dusty
Saw the trailer, read the book, I'm ready.

Imperial Logic
My family and myself came across a set for the movie whilst lost in New Mexico. We had not heard of it at the time, but IMDb'd it afterward and learned what had happened.
For the record, the scene being filmed was a dark-coloured truck, brightly lit in the middle of a bridge, which crosses the Rio Grande.

manorastroman
after the colossal missteps known as "intolerable cruelty" and "the ladykillers", the coen brothers are finally back to form. the best movie of 2007, unless i'm forgetting something.

think fargo meets blood simple...how can you go wrong?

ragesRemorse
yeah, but it has tommy lee jones

SnakeEyes
Personally, I'm really excited for this movie.

I think it'll be excellent.

Dusty
http://www.killermovies.com/forums/showthread.php?s=&threadid=457884&highlight=no+country+for+old+men+forumid%3A2

Mark Question
Lookin' forward to this one... Considering the plethora of garbage that's in theaters right now.

Impediment
Merged the two existing threads.

wink

SelphieT
Rolling Stone magazine gave it 4/4 stars, so I'll probably check it out.

The "bad guy" looks goofy. Heehee......

Dusty
Saw it. It was fantastic. Dad didn't like the ending. But then again, he kind of likes the "cookie cutout" Hollywood ending.

Solo
Pretty pretty pretty pretty good.

Reverend Axel
Originally posted by Dusty
Saw it. It was fantastic. Dad didn't like the ending. But then again, he kind of likes the "cookie cutout" Hollywood ending. Sweet, sweet. Now I have to see it.

Dusty
Originally posted by Reverend Axel
Sweet, sweet. Now I have to see it. Do. It's awesome.

Reverend Axel
Originally posted by Dusty
Do. It's awesome. Don't tell me what to do.

Impediment
I heard, through word of mouth, that this movie is better than The Big Lebowski. Any feedback on that statement?

If this is true, then I really, really need to see this movie.

Reverend Axel
Originally posted by Impediment
I heard, through word of mouth, that this movie is better than The Big Lebowski. Any feedback on that statement?

If this is true, then I really, really need to see this movie. If its better than The Big Lebowski, I better leave the theater pregnant due to its awesomeness.

Impediment
If its better than The Big Lebowski, I better leave the theater pregnant due to its awesomeness.

Oh, shiznit! eek!

Solo
I heard, through word of mouth, that this movie is better than The Big Lebowski.
You bet.

SnakeEyes
Saw this today; thought it was really good.

I was too caught off guard by the ending though!

Reverend Axel
Planning on seeing it tonight. Axel will have the final word on it.

=Tired Hiker=
I'm looking forward to seeing it, thank you.

Reverend Axel
Well, that was awesome. mmm

Reverend Axel
Well, that was awesome. mmm I just ordered the book, as well. I didn't know this was a Cormac McCarthy Novel. mmm

Robtard

If this is true, then I really, really need to see this movie.

Not even close... The Big Lebowski is their best movie by far, nothing beats the dialogue and the characters of that film, nothing

This movie was good, they went back to their "Blood Simple" days, this is nothing like TBL, Raising Arizona or Oh Brother Where Art Thou.

Mark Question
Excellent film, with a great cast. One of the best movies i've seen at the theater in awhile. The chase scene down the river was great.

=Tired Hiker=
I'm really excited about seeing this movie.

Robtard
Originally posted by =Tired Hiker=
I'm really excited about seeing this movie.

I'm really excited, about you being really excited about seeing this movie. Isn't that exciting?

=Tired Hiker=
Honestly . . . . a little bit, yeah.

ragesRemorse
A very well made movie. The characters were all vivid and few are memorable.
The scenes of violence are quite intense. The tone of the violence and the movie itself surprised me. It is far more serious than any other of the brothers films. The only gripe i had with the movie was its ambiguous story. Although, im not very intelligent. I can usually absorb the direction of films. I left this film finding little to no point in the story. A few hours and a pot of coffee later. I believe i found the message the movie tried to convey. Even with the conclusion i came to. I still find little point to the movie. I truly believe the Brothers were going for an ending of impact, but most of the film was lost to the ambiguity of the ending.

I would still recommend this film. Nearly every aspect of the film is captivating.

chillmeistergen
I just watched the advertisement on television again, and the casting for Chigurh looks absolutely abysmal.

ragesRemorse
Originally posted by chillmeistergen
I just watched the advertisement on television again, and the casting for Chigurh looks absolutely abysmal.

He was excellent. One of the more enjoyable characters ive seen in a film for some time

chillmeistergen
Originally posted by ragesRemorse
He was excellent. One of the more enjoyable characters ive seen in a film for some time

Really? I suppose I'll have to watch it and see, though he really doesn't look how I envisioned him when reading the book, fairly sure he doesn't look how he was described either.

Deano
he is a chilling character. probably one of the most vicious and heartless killers to come on the screen for a long time

great acting, great movie.

Mark Question
The ONLY thing about that movie that sucked was the "There will be blood" trailer. I got fired up about seeing it, and it's not playing anywhere around me.

exanda kane
Originally posted by chillmeistergen
Really? I suppose I'll have to watch it and see, though he really doesn't look how I envisioned him when reading the book, fairly sure he doesn't look how he was described either.

He was banging as Chigurh as it goes. Looks like one of the Monkeys but that chilly presence from the book is in there. I've never been keen on the ending, I always feel unsatisfied, but they managed to keep it together well enough.

tabby999
When I went and saw it there was a couple sitting behind me (about my age) who obviously had no clue as to what the movie was about or who had made it. About half way through (well, when Chigurh blows the guys hand off) the couple had what sounded like a panic attack and had to leave. Good times.

chillmeistergen
Originally posted by exanda kane
Looks like one of the Monkeys

Absobloodyexactly.

SnakeEyes
Honestly, Bardem did an amazing job. So what if he looks a little goofy; when you see the movie you'll find him creepy and intimidating as hell.

regina414
I have read that the film bagged a lot of nominations in the upcoming 2008 Academy Awards.

K.Diddy
beer Seen this yesterday,The movie is extremely overrated,I found it just moved too slow,and The ending tried to be smart,but failed.The characters were all excellent and there were some great scenes in the movie,but this is nowhere near the ''Masterpiece'' some people claim it is. 7.5/10

Darth Martin
It is every bit the masterpiece people claim it to be. One of the most suspenseful and best "edge of your seat" thrillers ever made. Superb acting from everyone involved and a very menacing performance from Javier Bardem. He portrays one of the greatest villains in all of cinema here.

K.Diddy
Originally posted by Darth Martin
It is every bit the masterpiece people claim it to be. One of the most suspenseful and best "edge of your seat" thrillers ever made. Superb acting from everyone involved and a very menacing performance from Javier Bardem. He portrays one of the greatest villains in all of cinema here.

erm I didn't really find it ''edge of your seat'' at all,except for a couple of scenes here and there,Like I said the movie moved too slow to really be ''Edge of your seat'' stuff.I agree that Javier Bardem played a great villain but one of the greatest villains of all cinema? Well,Lets just say thats a big statement erm Yes,you are right that the acting was superb,and it really was a good,solid movie.....but it is no masterpiece smile

Rogue Jedi
Originally posted by K.Diddy
erm I didn't really find it ''edge of your seat'' at all,except for a couple of scenes here and there,Like I said the movie moved too slow to really be ''Edge of your seat'' stuff.I agree that Javier Bardem played a great villain but one of the greatest villains of all cinema? Well,Lets just say thats a big statement erm Yes,you are right that the acting was superb,and it really was a good,solid movie.....but it is no masterpiece smile Agreed. My main beef was that we never saw Brolin die.

Darth Martin
So we just gonna act like he wasn't one of the greatest cinematic villains ever? Movie was great; not perfect. I think it's worthy of being called a modern day masterpiece.

General_Iroh
So we just gonna act like he wasn't one of the greatest cinematic villains ever? Movie was great; not perfect. I think it's worthy of being called a modern day masterpiece.
Not sure if I'd call it a masterpiece, it was a very good film though and I do agree that Chigur is one of the greatest villains of all time though. But I have to agree with K. Diddy, I hardly found it to be an edge of your seat type of movie, it was very slow and it took me watching it a few times before I could really appreciate it.

K.Diddy

erm ''One of the greatest cinematic villains ever'' That is just too big of a statement as far as I'm concerned, I can easily probably think of 10 movie villains that are better in my opinion.That's just off the top of my head erm and No,I dont think it's worthy of being called a ''Masterpiece'' At all.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.