RocknRolla

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Mairuzu
London's criminal underworld takes notice of a Russian mobster's shady land deal, a scam that puts millions of dollars up for grabs.

Staring:
Gerard Butler
Tom Wilkinson

Directed and written by Guy Ritchie

Action/Crime

I don't believe this is going to come out till 2008.. not sure when but it was a great movie... More then i expected

Mairuzu
Saw a pre screening, had to answer a few questions about.. this and that... cant wait till it comes out in theatre! i wanna see it again

Mairuzu
V-D3c25_3l8

jaden101
why would you want to see it again?...it's awful

moviebuff1084
Looks pretty good.

chillmeistergen
Piece of shit.

MildPossession
I've left it for dvd. Like I do with all his films, end up liking them all though. Haven't seen Swept Away though, and probably will not...

jaden101
you liked "revolver"????

and i had some respect for you as well... stick out tongue

Mairuzu
Originally posted by jaden101
why would you want to see it again?...it's awful nah

MildPossession

jaden101

rockycairns
I thought it was a really good film, Gerard Butler was brilliant and Toby Kebbell practically stole the show.

Ritchie's best since Snatch by far....

Menetnashté
it's out all ready?

Mairuzu
Not yet

MildPossession

Mairuzu
Yea, sorry.

No for America.

Menetnashté
sad

Discos
I quite liked this movie, hatd swept away, and dont get me started on Revolver.

Same kind of Ritchie movie with the gangsters and the mob scene, good stuff. The story itself was a little bit stretched out, there wasnt any real storyline.... the painting moving hands a few times, cash being stolen, and a unercover snitch. mmm.... kinda repetitive from other movies.

Well glad there is a sequel coming out, cause I did enjoy the first one. probably 8/10 I would rate it.

The sequel will hopefully be Ritchie awesome comeback, what with his divorce in process he will probably be on a rampage.

NonSensi-Klown
I thought the movie was excellent.

Wittig
clapping to movie.

Mairuzu
Originally posted by NonSensi-Klown
I thought the movie was excellent. Hell yea it was.

Bicnarok

Howard Beale
yes, Gerard Butler, good actor in his own right.
Awesome movie, real fun. Witty dialogue, crazy action, bouncy ridiculous characters, strong direction and all in all an original and fast paced action-comedy that never fails to deliver.
*side note- Toby Kebbell really steals the show. Just fantastic as "Johnny Quid"

Bicnarok
I agree "Johnny" was brilliant, dark and original.

Looking forward to the second movie which was mentioned at the end of the film.

Sado22
I also liked revolver. lots of critics gave it bad reviews cuz they didn't want to admit that the plot made them feel like jackasses. critics are fagg0ts anyway. i remember reading Punisher: war zone review where the sod gave it 2/4 stars JUST BECAUSE it was "disgusting". wankerno expression

as for RocknRolla, it was brilliant. Not as good as lock, stock and two smoking barrels but definitely good. Gerard butler was great as One-two and Toby Kebbel was brilliant. the best bit was the chase scene where gerard was trying to run away from the insane endurance russian dude
*in his best scottish accent* ABANDON SHIP!! laughing

Bicnarok
One scene which made me roll up was when that thick member of the gang asked where the painting was, although it was blatantly obvious. The silence and reaction after his question was just brilliant imo.

Sado22
you ever such a stupid question again, you see danny there, he's going to slap you laughing out loud

Bicnarok
Then he asked if he wanted a lift or to take the stairs when he was in a wheel chair, I love this sort of humor.

Brilliant, one of my favorite movies of the year.

killakyle
Guy Ritchie films have always been good, i have not yet watched this but its one that i am really looking foward to seeing when i find the time! Seems that more people liked it then disliked it which is always a plus...

Bicnarok

Sado22
film critics are aholes. honestly, at times i feel like they go to the cinema with preplanned things on what to say to it. not to mention the fact that critics always go for franchises they are not remotely familiar with but love to give their opinions on.
take Rambo4 for instance. which Rambo (aside from 1) was humane and objective in its portrayal of the bad guys? none. which rambo movie put common sense, character development and emotions over action and voilence? none (again, accept for 1).
the whole franchise is about blood and carnage with a little bit of development or none. in comes Rambo4 and its getting shredded by a bunch of pvssies who siad it was too gory. wtf is that? its a WAR MOVIE. that's what wars do to limbs and faces. and sure as hell when an antiaircraft gun is aimed at people its going to rip them in half. and all the things in the movie is what war criminals do. it was showing the stuff that is happening in Burma at this very moment. but no...it was too voilent. if blood and gore sickens you don't go for it. stick to princess' diaries or whatever.
another thing that comes to mind is Punisher war Zone. some of the critics had me laughing. they know next to nothing about Punisher, haven't read a single comicbook by him but go watch the movie and complain that it was too voilent.....violence is what Punisher is all about. he doesn't talk, is always frowning, the only time he smiles is when he's got some twisted thought in his head on how to torture someone and wont shy away from shooting someone with an RPG. all of which was faithfully shown in the movie. it was movie for the fans. so why critics who aren't even remotely familiar with the franchise were watching it is beyond me. it was rated R for a f0cking reason which means "sissy proof" movie. one critic said it was good but gave it 2/4 stars because it was "disgusting". wtf?

so honestly, the last thing that matters is what critics say. these guys are just like anyone else watching the movie: they are subjective but get paid for pretending not to be so. F0ck critics.

~Sado

Bicnarok
Originally posted by Sado22
film critics are aholes. honestly, at times i feel like they go to the cinema with preplanned things on what to say to it. not to mention the fact that critics always go for franchises they are not remotely familiar with but love to give their opinions on.
take Rambo4 for instance. which Rambo (aside from 1) was humane and objective in its portrayal of the bad guys? none. which rambo movie put common sense, character development and emotions over action and voilence? none (again, accept for 1).
the whole franchise is about blood and carnage with a little bit of development or none. in comes Rambo4 and its getting shredded by a bunch of pvssies who siad it was too gory. wtf is that? its a WAR MOVIE. that's what wars do to limbs and faces. and sure as hell when an antiaircraft gun is aimed at people its going to rip them in half. and all the things in the movie is what war criminals do. it was showing the stuff that is happening in Burma at this very moment. but no...it was too voilent. if blood and gore sickens you don't go for it. stick to princess' diaries or whatever.
another thing that comes to mind is Punisher war Zone. some of the critics had me laughing. they know next to nothing about Punisher, haven't read a single comicbook by him but go watch the movie and complain that it was too voilent.....violence is what Punisher is all about. he doesn't talk, is always frowning, the only time he smiles is when he's got some twisted thought in his head on how to torture someone and wont shy away from shooting someone with an RPG. all of which was faithfully shown in the movie. it was movie for the fans. so why critics who aren't even remotely familiar with the franchise were watching it is beyond me. it was rated R for a f0cking reason which means "sissy proof" movie. one critic said it was good but gave it 2/4 stars because it was "disgusting". wtf?

so honestly, the last thing that matters is what critics say. these guys are just like anyone else watching the movie: they are subjective but get paid for pretending not to be so. F0ck critics.

~Sado

That was quite a rant you let of there eek!

And I totally agree with you.

Sado22
thanks, mate. i needed to get it off my chest for a whle big grin

Wolfie
After reading your comments about Revolver, I'll have to check that out now.

And I liked RocknRolla a lot. It's up there with Snatch and Lock, Stock.

Sado22
laughing
yeah you do that. never let a critic tell you what to think. a person makes his or her own art and the viewers understand it to their own best capabilities. that's the beauty of arts.

~Sado

Fist
Originally posted by Sado22
I also liked revolver. lots of critics gave it bad reviews cuz they didn't want to admit that the plot made them feel like jackasses. critics are fagg0ts anyway. i remember reading Punisher: war zone review where the sod gave it 2/4 stars JUST BECAUSE it was "disgusting". wankerno expression

as for RocknRolla, it was brilliant. Not as good as lock, stock and two smoking barrels but definitely good. Gerard butler was great as One-two and Toby Kebbel was brilliant. the best bit was the chase scene where gerard was trying to run away from the insane endurance russian dude
*in his best scottish accent* ABANDON SHIP!! laughing

I thought Revolver was really good, as well.
Try and rent RnR today.

MildPossession
I don't believe it is up there with Lock, and Snatch but it's still a good film from Ritchie and do hope he goes on to make the second one. I would have liked to have seen Gemma Arterton(sp?) in it a bit more though, she is a good actress.

I'm also disappointed that Toby Kebbell missed out on the BAFTA, instead it went to Noel Clarke, bla.

Fist
Watched it Sat., and i enjoyed it. The chase scene was f'n hilarious.

K.Diddy
Originally posted by Final Blaxican
I thought the movie was excellent.

confused I didn't get it

Myth
This is my 3rd favorite Ritchie film.

Lock Stock
Snatch

RnR

Holmes

Revolver

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.