Current Darkseid vs. Surtur

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Shin_Nikkolas
The Skyfather powerhouse New God takes on Surtur. No Twilight Sword unless Surtur needs it.

guy222
surtur

Gecko4lif
Darksied is entity level not skyfather

quanchi112
Originally posted by Gecko4lif
Darksied is entity level not skyfather Ds dies.

Gecko4lif
Originally posted by quanchi112
Ds dies.
a skyfather beat surtur (didnt he?)
Surtur dies

Shin_Nikkolas
Darkseid is entity level?

Yeha.

Galactus farts and destroys Darkseid.

Gecko4lif
Originally posted by Shin_Nikkolas
Darkseid is entity level?

Yeha.

Galactus farts and destroys Darkseid.
Farts no.
Blast no
Blasts while fed, yes

quanchi112
Farts no.
Blast no
Blasts while fed, yes You overrate Ds and its getting really old. I mean the guy struggles with Superman yet you think hed stand a chance against Surtur. Come on and get serious.

nvrbeenwthagirl
Depends on what DS has in this fight. We really will just have to wait until the end of countdown and TONG to see exactly how powerful DS is.

quanchi112
Originally posted by nvrbeenwthagirl
Depends on what DS has in this fight. We really will just have to wait until the end of countdown and TONG to see exactly how powerful DS is. Yeah so basically even with the ale you dont know. Its funny that Ds needs this powerup to contend with someone like Surtur.

Gecko4lif
Yeah so basically even with the ale you dont know. Its funny that Ds needs this powerup to contend with someone like Surtur.

He doesnt he just needs new writers
Same with sentry
Same with Blackbolt (or skrull bolt)

nvrbeenwthagirl
Yeah so basically even with the ale you dont know. Its funny that Ds needs this powerup to contend with someone like Surtur.
Please be quiet. He did beat current Eclipso with no ALE Who is more powerful than black Mary.

Soljer
Batman > Current Darkseid.

Gecko4lif
Originally posted by Soljer
Batman > spectre so i dont consider that a insult

nvrbeenwthagirl
Originally posted by Soljer

Nah. Highfather's staff >>>>>>>>>>>Everybody. Even the source wall. It sure softened DS up really good seconds before the Batkick was landed.

quanchi112
Please be quiet. He did beat current Eclipso with no ALE Who is more powerful than black Mary. So what if he beat current eclipso. Whoopty doo.

quanchi112
Batman > spectre so i dont consider that a insult Do you read comics or just read scans.

quanchi112
Nah. Highfather's staff >>>>>>>>>>>Everybody. Even the source wall. It sure softened DS up really good seconds before the Batkick was landed. Always with an excuse.

laughing laughing laughing laughing

batdude123
Do you read comics or just read scans.

I'd say a good 82.3468% of the people on here primarily read scans rather than the actual books themselves.

Ouallada
I'd say that 79.435% of stats are made up too.

quanchi112
Originally posted by batdude123
I'd say a good 82.3468% of the people on here primarily read scans rather than the actual books themselves. Yes we are all guilty of this sometimes but I feel a few posters on here rarely even read half the comics they are talking about.

Val
You're just now realizing this?

batdude123
Originally posted by Val
You're just now realizing this? Don't get mad at him just because he figured it out before you.

Val
sad

batdude123
Originally posted by Val
sad

It's o-tay.

Bransolute
http://i118.photobucket.com/albums/o106/bigbran1/Superman/CD24-p07.jpg
http://i118.photobucket.com/albums/o106/bigbran1/Superman/CD24-p13.jpg

Val
But Mary Marvel is easily Skyfather level.

batdude123
Well, she has been upgraded.

Bransolute
Originally posted by Val
But Mary Marvel is easily Skyfather level. According to nvr, or to you?

Val
Originally posted by Bransolute
According to nvr, or to you?
Nvr, the encyclopedia of comic knowledge.

King_Mungi
Keep in mind we don't know if that was DS with his full Omega Beams, for all we know he could still have been in his weak state.

quanchi112
I am currently at issue 45 of countdown but one of these days I am just going to get it over with and catch up. I just read Superman.Batman 37-42 last night. I have to read all this shit for the debate with desaad sometime in december.

Gecko4lif
Do you read comics or just read scans.
I read scans of things I should know about but dont care enough to buy or dl the real comic

Bransolute
Originally posted by King_Mungi
Keep in mind we don't know if that was DS with his full Omega Beams, for all we know he could still have been in his weak state. Well, it's the same Darkseid that nvr likes to use, that punked Eclipso. smile

Val
Keep in mind we don't know if that was DS with his full Omega Beams, for all we know he could still have been in his weak state.
Countdown is the most up to date book in the DCU. It's pretty safe to say he has them.

quanchi112
Well, it's the same Darkseid that nvr likes to use, that punked Eclipso. smile Good point. Nver always exaggerates Ds and what hes done. If i hear a word from nver about Ds I dont believe it until I read it.

quanchi112
Originally posted by Val
Countdown is the most up to date book in the DCU. It's pretty safe to say he has them. So is it safe to say the omega beams failed again.

laughing

Val
He doesn't exaggerate DS all that much. He exaggerates other characters in relation to DS to make him look all the more powerful.

If Character A hands Darkseid his ass on a platter, that's a high showing for Character A instead of a low one for Darkseid.

Gecko4lif
Omega effect > omega beams

Until the last card is played i dont count Ds out

quanchi112
Originally posted by Val
He doesn't exaggerate DS all that much. He exaggerates other characters in relation to DS to make him look all the more powerful.

If Character A hands Darkseid his ass on platter, that's a high showing for Character A instead of a low one for Darkseid. Uh he does exaggerate Ds. I know what you are saying and how its a very high showing for the character who just beat him but its happened to much to write it off to pis.

I remember the way the forum first viewed Superman to Ds in general and now it has been stated that he is Ds's rival much to the chagrin of many posters in here that thought it was utter bullshit. Ds is very powerful but nowhere near as powerful as nver makes him out to be.

I mean the guy gives Ds a win over Odin.

nvrbeenwthagirl
Always with an excuse.

NO excuse. Or don't you realize Superman BATMAN is happening in the past. AS in NOT CURRENT. Hell Orion's wife is even the first one to die. YOu fail.

quanchi112
Omega effect > omega beams

Until the last card is played i dont count Ds out Im sure Ds is far from fukcing with everyone but one on one he isnt the monster in combat you make him out to be. It looks like Marvel kinda just showed you that.

quanchi112
NO excuse. Or don't you realize Superman BATMAN is happening in the past. AS in NOT CURRENT. Hell Orion's wife is even the first one to die. YOu fail. Yes it happened in the past but come on man. You always try to make excuses for his losses. Face it he loses and in the past ten years has looked very bad overall compared to his past.

Val
Uh he does exaggerate Ds. I know what you are saying and how its a very high showing for the character who just beat him but its happened to much to write it off to pis.

I remember the way the forum first viewed Superman to Ds in general and now it has been stated that he is Ds's rival much to the chagrin of many posters in here that thought it was utter bullshit. Ds is very powerful but nowhere near as powerful as nver makes him out to be.

I mean the guy gives Ds a win over Odin.
I don't write it off as PIS. Darkseid is Thanos level if you ask me. Above him in some areas and below in others.

I don't think DS really has that many supporters here. Just that those who do fall in that category are very loud posters.

nvrbeenwthagirl
Im sure Ds is far from fukcing with everyone but one on one he isnt the monster in combat you make him out to be. It looks like Marvel kinda just showed you that.
He is actually smiling at her you dimwit. He even calls her a whelp. HE sure wasn't trying to kill or injure someone who he want's to be his sorcerer. Get a clue. And it's obvious that Countdown isn't up to date. Look at his costume. Now look at His costume in TDONG as well as the constant ALE circling his body.

King_Mungi
Well, it's the same Darkseid that nvr likes to use, that punked Eclipso. smile

That happened in a different Countdown ie.Countdown to Mystery

Originally posted by Val
Countdown is the most up to date book in the DCU. It's pretty safe to say he has them.

Definetly is as we first see Kyle after he lost Ion in Countdown, but my question is where does Superman/Batman fit into the contunity bracket. Is it in the past? present? *shrugs*

Bransolute
He is actually smiling at her you dimwit. He even calls her a whelp. HE sure wasn't trying to kill or injure someone who he want's to be his sorcerer. Get a clue. And it's obvious that Countdown isn't up to date. Look at his costume. Now look at His costume in TDONG as well as the constant ALE circling his body. hysterical

So... much... wrong...

That happened in a different Countdown ie.Countdown to Mystery Ya but, it happened after Countdown to Mystery...

King_Mungi
Ya but, it happened after Countdown to Mystery...

I know, hence why Eclipso is getting Mary to be DS's magical assistant. However, where does all this fit chronological with everything? *shrugs*

He never tried his OE on Eclipso, just used brute strength so do we know his OE was at full power even then? Could have been at full power I just don't know. Just being the devils advocate

Val
Beating Eclipso isn't all that special. I'm not sure why it's sold as a high feat.

Bransolute
Originally posted by Val
Beating Eclipso isn't all that special. I'm not sure why it's sold as a high feat. It's not... however, in nvr's eyes, it's akin to beating Odin or something of the sorts.

I know, hence why Eclipso is getting Mary to be DS's magical assistant. However, where does all this fit chronological with everything? *shrugs*

He never tried his OE on Eclipso, just used brute strength so do we know his OE was at full power even then? Could have been at full power I just don't know. Just being the devils advocate Well, it happens after New Gods it seems, and everything else...

I don't know, I don't care. All I know is that he was effected by Mary's magic.

Deathstroke
In the scan from Countdown does fire come out of the ground because Darkseid stomps his foot?

King_Mungi
Well, it happens after New Gods it seems, and everything else...

I don't know, I don't care. All I know is that he was effected by Mary's magic.

After Death of the New gods? I don't think so, but *shrugs*

Indeed.

nvrbeenwthagirl
The time lines most def are not all current. We do know that Superman Batman has already happened, And that the sinestro corps war has already happened according to countdown and TDOTNG. But what we dont' know is how they relate to each other. DS is still being portrayed differently in Countdown than in TDOTNG. I think there are some editorial consistancies going on.

Bransolute
After Death of the New gods? I don't think so, but *shrugs*

Indeed. It seems like it's happening in relation to 'Death of The New Gods', or a little after.

Not the series in full, but the current comic.

King_Mungi
It seems like it's happening in relation to 'Death of The New Gods', or a little after.

Not the series in full, but the current comic.

Very well could be, I have my doubts but hopefully we get some form of linear time of what's going on. Just so we know where to place all this.

quanchi112
He is actually smiling at her you dimwit. He even calls her a whelp. HE sure wasn't trying to kill or injure someone who he want's to be his sorcerer. Get a clue. And it's obvious that Countdown isn't up to date. Look at his costume. Now look at His costume in TDONG as well as the constant ALE circling his body. Wow so becuz he insults her and acted like she was nothing that means he's above her. No it doesnt. Darkseid's dumbass little lackey Desaad messed it up but she was definitely holding her own against him. big grin

quanchi112
Originally posted by Val
I don't write it off as PIS. Darkseid is Thanos level if you ask me. Above him in some areas and below in others.

I don't think DS really has that many supporters here. Just that those who do fall in that category are very loud posters. The Ds posters that are on here are kinda delusional though. Ds is on Thanos level. But Thanos would beat him.

Jimmy-Chan
You overrate Ds and its getting really old. I mean the guy struggles with Superman yet you think hed stand a chance against Surtur. Come on and get serious.

Surtur has had trouble with Thor and been hurt by him. Actually I remember seeing scans where Thor beat Surtur and Ymir, although I forget how he did it so take that with a grain of salt.

Surtur wins about 7/10 I think. Maybe more if he has the (unlit) Twilight Sword like during the Simonson Ragnorak storyline.

nvrbeenwthagirl
Wow so becuz he insults her and acted like she was nothing that means he's above her. No it doesnt. Darkseid's dumbass little lackey Desaad messed it up but she was definitely holding her own against him. big grin

Holding her own? Are you serious? She ran from DS. what does that tell you? He smiles at her as she blocks his blast. he wants her as his sidekick and you think he was going to kill her? Quan. You need to learn how to read what is NOT written.

Jimmy-Chan
As for Darkseid/Black Mary:

She blocked his blast, but it's not like he was trying to harm her. Kalibak and Orion have taken Darkseid's blasts with little damage when he was just trying to force them in line, which was his goal here. He even smiled when she blocked it as if to say "good job, kid" or something along those lines. Then he took a blast from her that landed solidly to his back, and responded with a stomp. While calmly saying he admires her spirit no less. After that the fight was interrupted and she took the time to escape.

It's a pretty good showing for her that she could block it even so, but hardly evidence that she's as or more powerful than DS. If anything, it appeared to me that DS looked better because it looked like she was putting more effort into her attack than he did. It was too short to say one way or another though.

Hazsekswthurmom
Originally posted by Jimmy-Chan
As for Darkseid/Black Mary:

She blocked his blast, but it's not like he was trying to harm her. Kalibak and Orion have taken Darkseid's blasts with little damage when he was just trying to force them in line, which was his goal here. He even smiled when she blocked it as if to say "good job, kid" or something along those lines. Then he took a blast from her that landed solidly to his back, and responded with a stomp. While calmly saying he admires her spirit. After that the fight was interrupted and she took the time to escape.

It's a pretty good showing for her that she could block it even so, but hardly evidence that she's as or more powerful than DS. If anything, it appeared to me that DS looked better because it appeared that she was putting more effort into her attack than he did. It was too short to say one way or another though. Very good point. smile

Jimmy-Chan
Two other things:

1. Black Mary seems to have different powers from regular Mary Marvel. I haven't been keeping up on comics recently except for Invincible. Can someone clue me in as to her showings?

2. It looks like Superman had another close, unconclusive fight with Orion in Superman Confidential#9. I think we can safely say that the writer of Superman Confidential thinks DS would've pimp-slapped just about any top tier hero like that.

quanchi112
Two other things:

1. Black Mary seems to have different powers from regular Mary Marvel. I haven't been keeping up on comics recently except for Invincible. Can someone clue me in as to her showings?

2. It looks like Superman had another close, unconclusive fight with Orion in Superman Confidential#9. I think we can safely say that the writer of Superman Confidential thinks DS would've pimp-slapped just about any top tier hero like that. Yes back in the day Ds was clearly above Superman but not nowadays. Superman can beat his ass from time to time nowadays.

nvrbeenwthagirl
Yes back in the day Ds was clearly above Superman but not nowadays. Superman can beat his ass from time to time nowadays.

we haven't seen them fight now a days. Not at least while DS has had his full power and not been weakened by a severe attack from highfather's staff.

nvrbeenwthagirl
Two other things:

2. It looks like Superman had another close, unconclusive fight with Orion in Superman Confidential#9. I think we can safely say that the writer of Superman Confidential thinks DS would've pimp-slapped just about any top tier hero like that.

Black mary is probably High end herald or trans lvl. She is so powerful that even clarion wanted just a portion of her power. And the she was basically laughing off an attack from Blue Devil's magic group.

quanchi112
we haven't seen them fight now a days. Not at least while DS has had his full power and not been weakened by a severe attack from highfather's staff. We have seen Ds say that he is a rival of his. Ds had his full power when they fought and Supes planted him onto the source wall.

nvrbeenwthagirl
We have seen Ds say that he is a rival of his. Ds had his full power when they fought and Supes planted him onto the source wall.

Um, no. We saw DS say that Superman' physical might rival's his own. You do realize Superman is the strongest Top tier in comics right? he says nothing about over all power.

And DS didn't have full power when super's planet him on the source wall. What the hell? Can you read? DS blasted the shit out of himself and superman had a sun amp. You fail.

Jimmy-Chan
Quanchi, I know I've said it before but in the SAME comic where Darkseid acknowledges Superman as a physical rival, Superman and Orion are shown to be virtual equals and DS states they could tear each other apart.

When you look "back then" at Superman Confidential, you see Superman and Orion on the same level just like they were in DOTNG.

The only thing that's much different between the two showings is that Darkseid is apparently in the same neighborhood as the two of them in DOTNG, whereas in Superman Confidential he's portrayed as WAY above them physically. I doubt Darkseid has grown weaker over the years (in continuity) and we know Orion is at the same power level. I think it's clearly just two writers with different opinions of Darkseid's strength level, but to each his own.

UniOmni
I'm a mirror of Vally's opinion.

Darkseid is around Thanos level, but doesn't get the protection of Thanos.

Thanos is more physically powerful by a decent margin, but Darkseid can do more with his powers, should he use them.

Darkseid is to Thanos, what Martian Manhunter is to Superman, physically.

quanchi112
Quanchi, I know I've said it before but in the SAME comic where Darkseid acknowledges Superman as a physical rival, Superman and Orion are shown to be virtual equals and DS states they could tear each other apart.

When you look "back then" at Superman Confidential, you see Superman and Orion on the same level just like they were in DOTNG.

The only thing that's much different between the two showings is that Darkseid is apparently in the same neighborhood as the two of them in DOTNG, whereas in Superman Confidential he's portrayed as WAY above them physically. I doubt Darkseid has grown weaker over the years (in continuity) and we know Orion is at the same power level. I think it's clearly just two writers with different opinions of Darkseid's strength level, but to each his own. Yes they could tear each other apart. But the fight always gets broken up. So its an inconclusive fight.

Superman confidentail was one of their first showings and since then Superman has done a lot better against Darkseid. I mean come on he lost to a bitchslap and years later made Darkseid tap out like a bich. He was humiliated beyond belief. He actually had to say stop your hurting me I cant take it basically.

Endless Mike
Depends on what DS has in this fight. We really will just have to wait until the end of countdown and TONG to see exactly how powerful DS is.

Mary Marvel deflected his OE

Jimmy-Chan
I kind of agree with UniOmni. That's a good parrallel.

BTW, Thor has blocked blasts from Odin and Zeus before, both of whom appeared to be putting more effort into it than DS was with Black Mary. Not to say that Darkseid is one of them or that Black Mary can block energy as well as Thor; just putting it in perspective a little. I think this is getting overblown. If he'd been trying to hurt her I would understand the fuss.

quanchi112
I kind of agree with UniOmni. That's a good parrallel.

BTW, Thor has blocked blasts from Odin and Zeus before, both of whom appeared to be putting more effort into it than DS was with Black Mary. Not to say that Darkseid is one of them or that Black Mary can block energy as well as Thor; just putting it in perspective a little. I think this is getting overblown. If he'd been trying to hurt her I would understand the fuss. So he wasnt trying to hurt her. So when it hit her it was supposed to feel good and cause euphoria?

Bransolute
So he wasnt trying to hurt her. So when it hit her it was supposed to feel good and cause euphoria? laughing out loud

nvrbeenwthagirl
So he wasnt trying to hurt her. So when it hit her it was supposed to feel good and cause euphoria?

Why in the hell would he want his new accolyte hurt?

Bransolute
Why in the hell would he want his new accolyte hurt? Why in the hell would he open fire on her?

SwindlingSmurph
Owned via Quanchi.

nvrbeenwthagirl
Why in the hell would he open fire on her?

Testing her? He sure as hell smiles when she blocks this blast.

quanchi112
Why in the hell would he want his new accolyte hurt? He was engaging her and she just deflected his attack. Wasnt the first time and wont be the last.

nvrbeenwthagirl
He was engaging her and she just deflected his attack. Wasnt the first time and wont be the last.

Silly kid. He was testing her. And then he was about to beat her into submission like he did eclipso before Desaad ruined it for him. Mary knew better, She RAN.

quanchi112
Silly kid. He was testing her. And then he was about to beat her into submission like he did eclipso before Desaad ruined it for him. Mary knew better, She RAN. laughing laughing out loud

only you would even try to turn this into an impressive Ds showing.

nvrbeenwthagirl
laughing laughing out loud

only you would even try to turn this into an impressive Ds showing.

Um, Why in the hell would he try and hurt or kill a being he's trying to subjugate. You obviously know NOTHING about the character that DS is. it's obvious in your pathetic attempts of analysis of him. Only a bafoon would look at the surface so hard that they can't see what is really going on.

quanchi112
Um, Why in the hell would he try and hurt or kill a being he's trying to subjugate. You obviously know NOTHING about the character that DS is. it's obvious in your pathetic attempts of analysis of him. Only a bafoon would look at the surface so hard that they can't see what is really going on. Look Ds didnt do what he tried to do to her. Bottom line is she got away and deflected his attack with ease.

smile

nvrbeenwthagirl
Look Ds didnt do what he tried to do to her. Bottom line is she got away and deflected his attack with ease.

smile

Of course that is the best you can come up with. Why is he smiling after she deflects the attack? Why does DS always like to corrupt others? Did you know that? That he prefers to darken souls instead of just killing someone. You dont' understand the character and so you are like some silly ass kid who just likes to watch a movie for characters kicking ass. Not understanding that Neo isn't fighting just to fight. Or Jet li in his last movie didn't fight with all that poison in him just to prove how good he could fight. you understand nothing.

lordboo
surtur wins with ease

quanchi112
Of course that is the best you can come up with. Why is he smiling after she deflects the attack? Why does DS always like to corrupt others? Did you know that? That he prefers to darken souls instead of just killing someone. You dont' understand the character and so you are like some silly ass kid who just likes to watch a movie for characters kicking ass. Not understanding that Neo isn't fighting just to fight. Or Jet li in his last movie didn't fight with all that poison in him just to prove how good he could fight. you understand nothing. You talk out of your ass. He tried to subdue her it failed.

nvrbeenwthagirl
You talk out of your ass. He tried to subdue her it failed.

That just sounds retarded. He tried to subdue her. LMAO. She ran.

quanchi112
That just sounds retarded. He tried to subdue her. LMAO. She ran. Uhm Desaad showed up and she left. She blocked Darkseid's blast and he didnt show anything to the effect that he was superior to her.

nvrbeenwthagirl
Uhm Desaad showed up and she left. She blocked Darkseid's blast and he didnt show anything to the effect that he was superior to her.
besides the fact that he gave off a warning shot and smiled, and she gave her all and didn't hurt him one bit and then she knew her cue and ran. If she were even his match, do you think she would have ran? not badassed mary who had been going around dishing it out to everyone she's run into. Please use some logic. I know it clouds your judgement when you live to discredit DS, but for once, use a brain. Oh by the way, Mary ends up working for DS, or hadn't you seen the 2nd countdown poster?

quanchi112
besides the fact that he gave off a warning shot and smiled, and she gave her all and didn't hurt him one bit and then she knew her cue and ran. If she were even his match, do you think she would have ran? not badassed mary who had been going around dishing it out to everyone she's run into. Please use some logic. I know it clouds your judgement when you live to discredit DS, but for once, use a brain. Oh by the way, Mary ends up working for DS, or hadn't you seen the 2nd countdown poster? Ds is manipulating characters but to assume he physically beats her into submission is highly unlikely. Didnt eclipso go after her anyways?

nvrbeenwthagirl
Ds is manipulating characters but to assume he physically beats her into submission is highly unlikely. Didnt eclipso go after her anyways?
And who did DS beat? Eclipso. Anyway you look at it, if Eclipso beats mary, DS still beat Eclipso. It's obvious that DS has three skyfather leaving bitches working for him on the 2nd countdown poster. Granny, Eclipso, and mary.

quanchi112
And who did DS beat? Eclipso. Anyway you look at it, if Eclipso beats mary, DS still beat Eclipso. It's obvious that DS has three skyfather leaving bitches working for him on the 2nd countdown poster. Granny, Eclipso, and mary. Eclipso might not beat mary and you are speculating. Ds was immune to her powers but that doesnt mean mary is. Mary vs Darkseid is completely and utterly different that Ds vs Eclipso.

Ouallada
It's obvious that DS has three skyfather leaving bitches working for him on the 2nd countdown poster. Granny, Eclipso, and mary.

Is it just me or are they handing out skyfather tags at Apokalips' Walmart these days?

Jimmy-Chan
Quanchi, the current batch of comics implies that Darkseid > Eclipso period. In any form. If we're using the current continuity which says Darkseid created Eclipso (which is a stupid retcon), then using matchups is pretty much irrelevent. Eclipso by definition is Darkseid's b***h.

And honestly, the Darkseid/Black Mary fight consisted of each of them getting one shot. If anyone had the advantage I think it was DS. as he took a shot from her when it looked like she wanted to hurt him, then his counter-attack was merely to stomp the ground while saying he's more powerful. She blocked his blast, but the context takes away from it IMO. If he was trying to hurt her and she blocked it that easily it would be a big deal, but the fact that he was amused by her blocking it sends the message that he wasn't putting much effort into the blast.

Jimmy-Chan
So he wasnt trying to hurt her. So when it hit her it was supposed to feel good and cause euphoria?

It was supposed to make her feel enough pain that she would shut up and fall back in line out of fear. It was not meant to KO, injure, or kill her.

quanchi112
It was supposed to make her feel enough pain that she would shut up and fall back in line out of fear. It was not meant to KO, injure, or kill her. Well it failed. Ds failed like usual and she got away.

quanchi112
Originally posted by Ouallada
Is it just me or are they handing out skyfather tags at Apokalips' Walmart these days? Whoever ds beats is a skyfather of you ask nver.

quanchi112
Quanchi, the current batch of comics implies that Darkseid > Eclipso period. In any form. If we're using the current continuity which says Darkseid created Eclipso (which is a stupid retcon), then using matchups is pretty much irrelevent. Eclipso by definition is Darkseid's b***h.

And honestly, the Darkseid/Black Mary fight consisted of each of them getting one shot. If anyone had the advantage I think it was DS. as he took a shot from her when it looked like she wanted to hurt him, then his counter-attack was merely to stomp the ground while saying he's more powerful. She blocked his blast, but the context takes away from it IMO. If he was trying to hurt her and she blocked it that easily it would be a big deal, but the fact that he was amused by her blocking it sends the message that he wasn't putting much effort into the blast. It was a stalemate and thats that. It was also inconclusive.

Larceny
Surtur

nvrbeenwthagirl
Whoever ds beats is a skyfather of you ask nver.
Um no. Granny beat an entire pantheon of skyfather lvl beings. And Eclipso already is skyfather lvl. Please shut the hell up.

quanchi112
Um no. Granny beat an entire pantheon of skyfather lvl beings. And Eclipso already is skyfather lvl. Please shut the hell up. Didnt granny have a powerup?

nvrbeenwthagirl
Didnt granny have a powerup?

From DS you fool. One that she hasn't lost. YOu know, like those handy powerups thanos gets and never lets go of.

quanchi112
From DS you fool. One that she hasn't lost. YOu know, like those handy powerups thanos gets and never lets go of. Wasnt it the ale?

Gecko4lif
Wasnt it the ale?
If considering Ds's array of powers i doubt he would have to use it to power up granny

Ds is leagues above granny

nvrbeenwthagirl
Wasnt it the ale?

We dont' see the ale around DS in countdown. Obviously countdown is a bit behind TDOTNG.

quanchi112
We dont' see the ale around DS in countdown. Obviously countdown is a bit behind TDOTNG. Doesnt the granny have the ale though. It only makes sense if she did this it was becuz she had a portion of this.

nvrbeenwthagirl
Doesnt the granny have the ale though. It only makes sense if she did this it was becuz she had a portion of this.
NO she doesn't. DS simply gave her a power up like he did kalibak. In both instances, DS is not shown with the ALE. and granny isn't shown with the ale either.

quanchi112
NO she doesn't. DS simply gave her a power up like he did kalibak. In both instances, DS is not shown with the ALE. and granny isn't shown with the ale either. What comic does this happen in? Id like to read the whole story so I know what exactly went down.

nvrbeenwthagirl
What comic does this happen in? Id like to read the whole story so I know what exactly went down.
Amazons Attack.

quanchi112
Amazons Attack. Ill read it eventually.

Shin_Nikkolas
http://img263.imageshack.us/img263/3369/pic014xg0.th.jpghttp://img211.imageshack.us/img211/221/pic015tt0.th.jpg

http://img208.imageshack.us/img208/6403/pic018ah2.th.jpghttp://img208.imageshack.us/img208/2204/pic019bo3.th.jpg

As for the "pantheons of skyfather level beings" that's a load of shit .

These pantheons are featless and worthless.

Like the heroes SBP just killed on Earth-15, the pantheons and heroes are RedShirts. Their sole purpose is to die.

Bad Ash231
...Why is this thread over 6 pages?

Shin_Nikkolas
Good question.

nvrbeenwthagirl
http://img263.imageshack.us/img263/3369/pic014xg0.th.jpghttp://img211.imageshack.us/img211/221/pic015tt0.th.jpg

http://img208.imageshack.us/img208/6403/pic018ah2.th.jpghttp://img208.imageshack.us/img208/2204/pic019bo3.th.jpg

Like the heroes SBP just killed on Earth-15, the pantheons and heroes are RedShirts. Their sole purpose is to die.

Only an idiot would try to discredit the greek pantheon when they have all shown the ability to do What ever they have wanted. Even if they were all only herald lvl, which is bull shince aphrodite, ares, and athena are all TRUE skyfathers, and have shown it, Granny would still have to be skyfather to beat them all. Only a retard who hasn't picked up EVERY issue of Wonder Woman would think the greek gods in DC aren't skyfathers. What the ****. And those images of SB. Lame. hadn't you noticed that superman didn't do any more damage than Batman? Of course DS was just blasted by highfather's staff, and he still managed to drain Desaad of every bit of power he had. Only the slow witted could think the DC greek gods aren't a mighty pantheon, and only a fool would even hope to use Superman batman when it's obvious it isn't even current.

Bransolute
Only an idiot would try to discredit the greek pantheon when they have all shown the ability to do What ever they have wanted. Even if they were all only herald lvl, which is bull shince aphrodite, ares, and athena are all TRUE skyfathers, and have shown it, Granny would still have to be skyfather to beat them all. Only a retard who hasn't picked up EVERY issue of Wonder Woman would think the greek gods in DC aren't skyfathers. What the ****. And those images of SB. Lame. hadn't you noticed that superman didn't do any more damage than Batman? Of course DS was just blasted by highfather's staff, and he still managed to drain Desaad of every bit of power he had. Only the slow witted could think the DC greek gods aren't a mighty pantheon, and only a fool would even hope to use Superman batman when it's obvious it isn't even current. laughing out loud

quanchi112

Only an idiot would try to discredit the greek pantheon when they have all shown the ability to do What ever they have wanted. Even if they were all only herald lvl, which is bull shince aphrodite, ares, and athena are all TRUE skyfathers, and have shown it, Granny would still have to be skyfather to beat them all. Only a retard who hasn't picked up EVERY issue of Wonder Woman would think the greek gods in DC aren't skyfathers. What the ****. And those images of SB. Lame. hadn't you noticed that superman didn't do any more damage than Batman? Of course DS was just blasted by highfather's staff, and he still managed to drain Desaad of every bit of power he had. Only the slow witted could think the DC greek gods aren't a mighty pantheon, and only a fool would even hope to use Superman batman when it's obvious it isn't even current.

Darkseid got his omega powers back and Batman made him bleed. He made him bleed. Superman beat his ass and he ran like a bich.

Ds islooking even worse than ever. Wow is he a bich. I feel sorry for Ds becuz straight up he looks like a puss compared to Superman here. He fled from him and right after he got his powers back. What a coward.

nvrbeenwthagirl
Only an idiot would try to discredit the greek pantheon when they have all shown the ability to do What ever they have wanted. Even if they were all only herald lvl, which is bull shince aphrodite, ares, and athena are all TRUE skyfathers, and have shown it, Granny would still have to be skyfather to beat them all. Only a retard who hasn't picked up EVERY issue of Wonder Woman would think the greek gods in DC aren't skyfathers. What the ****. And those images of SB. Lame. hadn't you noticed that superman didn't do any more damage than Batman? Of course DS was just blasted by highfather's staff, and he still managed to drain Desaad of every bit of power he had. Only the slow witted could think the DC greek gods aren't a mighty pantheon, and only a fool would even hope to use Superman batman when it's obvious it isn't even current. laughing laughing laughing laughing

Darkseid got his omega powers back and Batman made him bleed. He made him bleed. Superman beat his ass and he ran like a bich.

Ds islooking even worse than ever. Wow is he a bich.
I guess I have to educate you. DS didn't get his omega powers back. He Absorbed them from someone else. Which means He still retains that ability to depower those who are far mightier than he. Remember Desaad had the power of highfather and DS and DS was DEPOWERED. Now when batman kicked DS, smoke was shown on DS a panel or two prior. Thus illustrating he was still smoking from Desaad's attack. From a staff that actually opened up a boom tube to the center of the source. and what is retarded is that Superman didnt' do any more damage than batman. Anyone who even tries to use SB as a low feat for DS is retarded. That will be all.

Bransolute
I guess I have to educate you. DS didn't get his omega powers back. He Absorbed them from someone else. Which means He still retains that ability to depower those who are far mightier than he. Remember Desaad had the power of highfather and DS and DS was DEPOWERED. Now when batman kicked DS, smoke was shown on DS a panel or two prior. Thus illustrating he was still smoking from Desaad's attack. From a staff that actually opened up a boom tube to the center of the source. and what is retarded is that Superman didnt' do any more damage than batman. Anyone who even tries to use SB as a low feat for DS is retarded. That will be all. laughing

quanchi112

Ds islooking even worse than ever. Wow is he a bich.
I guess I have to educate you. DS didn't get his omega powers back. He Absorbed them from someone else. Which means He still retains that ability to depower those who are far mightier than he. Remember Desaad had the power of highfather and DS and DS was DEPOWERED. Now when batman kicked DS, smoke was shown on DS a panel or two prior. Thus illustrating he was still smoking from Desaad's attack. From a staff that actually opened up a boom tube to the center of the source. and what is retarded is that Superman didnt' do any more damage than batman. Anyone who even tries to use SB as a low feat for DS is retarded. That will be all. I read it man. Ds was fully powered after he used Desaad as a counduit to reatian his powers. Desaad treid backstabbing him becuz really he doesnt givetwo shits about Ds, and then when he couldnt take it then Ds stepped in and tok his omega powers back.

This is so bad for Ds I think I lost more respect for Dc as a whole here fo doing this to him but hey its canon.

Supes punched his ass and Ds disappeared like a witch becuz HE DIDNT WANT ANY OF SUPERMAN.

DS LOOKED AFRAID OF SUPERMAN.

Jimmy-Chan
I don't think Darkseid was "running from Superman." I think he was aware that the planet was about to be destroyed (pulled into The Source?) and he didn't want to be pulled back into The Source along with the rest of the planet while he's wasting his time fighting Superman.

The bad part is bleeding from both Superman's punches and Batman's kick. But it's really too cartoonish to take it seriously. Superman's speed-blitz has no more effect on him than Batman's kick? WTF? In fact, he grunts from Batman's kick but not from Superman's punches.

The part with Batman, especially compared to Superman makes the showing so comically bad that it's hard to take seriously. It's like The Hulk being choked out by a snake or Odin being KOed by an earthquake. It's just too outlandish to try to put it into the average, IMO.

quanchi112
I don't think Darkseid was "running from Superman." I think he was aware that the planet was about to be destroyed (pulled into The Source?) and he didn't want to be pulled back into The Source along with the rest of the planet while he's wasting his time fighting Superman.

The bad part is bleeding from both Superman's punches and Batman's kick. But it's really too cartoonish to take it seriously. Superman's speed-blitz has no more effect on him than Batman's kick? WTF? In fact, he grunts from Batman's kick but not from Superman's punches.

The part with Batman, especially compared to Superman makes the showing so comically bad that it's hard to take seriously. It's like The Hulk being choked out by a snake or Odin being KOed by an earthquake. It's just too outlandish to try to put it into the average, IMO. You always have an excuse but the bottom line is this stuff is all canon. Ds got his omega powers back and Batman a mere human could still make him bleed. laughing

Even though you persoanlly might think its ridiculous it still counts.

Superman proved again why he to me is just a physical beast and why he is superior physically to Ds. He made him flee like a bich. Superman made it out ok also. Ds didnt want to go back into the source wall. Supes did it once and if Ds wouldnt have disappeared it might have happened again.

Priest

Batman made Spectre bleed with a Bat-Kick, DS is just lucky that Bruce didn't take his head off with it.

Jimmy-Chan
You always have an excuse but the bottom line is this stuff is all canon. Ds got his omega powers back and Batman a mere human could still make him bleed. laughing

Even though you persoanlly might think its ridiculous it still counts.

Superman proved again why he to me is just a physical beast and why he is superior physically to Ds. He made him flee like a bich. Superman made it out ok also. Ds didnt want to go back into the source wall. Supes did it once and if Ds wouldnt have disappeared it might have happened again.

... How did Superman look like a physical beast when 3 attacks at super-speed had no more effect than Batman's attack? In fact, he did not make Darkseid grunt as Batman did. That part is as bad for Superman as it is for Darkseid. And while it's canon, so are Thanos being beaten by a girl whose only power is to control squirrels, The Hulk being choked out by a snake, and Odin being KOed by an earthquake.

As for Superman "making him flee," why do you think he had his right hand in a fist after Superman's attack? He wasn't planning to get into a fight with Superman? He was making a fist just for fun?

The bottom line is that he was taking himself out of danger of being consumed by The Source, which the planet was about to be sucked into. Is it possible that Superman could've put him in there? Yeah. It's also possible that Desaad could've recovered and taken both of them out while they were fighting. Speculating is really irrelevent. He could defeat Superman, kill Bekka and Batman, and still be sucked into The Source because that's where the planet was headed. Why would he stick around and fight when it would end up with him back on The Source Wall even if he won?

quanchi112
... How did Superman look like a physical beast when 3 attacks at super-speed had no more effect than Batman's attack? In fact, he did not make Darkseid grunt as Batman did. That part is as bad for Superman as it is for Darkseid. And while it's canon, so are Thanos being beaten by a girl whose only power is to control squirrels, The Hulk being choked out by a snake, and Odin being KOed by an earthquake.

As for Superman "making him flee," why do you think he had his right hand in a fist after Superman's attack? He wasn't planning to get into a fight with Superman? He was making a fist just for fun?

The bottom line is that he was taking himself out of danger of being consumed by The Source, which the planet was about to be sucked into. Is it possible that Superman could've put him in there? Yeah. It's also possible that Desaad could've recovered and taken both of them out while they were fighting. Speculating is really irrelevent. He could defeat Superman, kill Bekka and Batman, and still be sucked into The Source because that's where the planet was headed. Why would he stick around and fight when it would end up with him back on The Source Wall even if he won? I have never heard Sgirl and her defeating Thanos as being canon or mentioned in any other book. Anyways if he did lose to her shes a badass.

Supes ran him off. ds took off when Supes mentioned putting him back into the source wall which he already did once.
smile

Face it man they are turning Ds into a chump.

Jimmy-Chan
Um, being referenced in another book isn't needed for something to be canon. The comic that Squirrel Girl beat Thanos in is a 616 title.

Really, this comic was horrible for Darkseid and for Superman. It doesn't say anything about who would win a fight between the two. It does put their strength levels as closer than they should be if Superman can make him bleed, even if it is via sucker-punch at super speed. But that is really offset by the fact that Batman's attack had the same (or more if you include the grunt) effect. If we take it at face value, then Superman, Darkseid, and Batman all appear to be around the same level of strength and durability.

Ouallada
Um, being referenced in another book isn't needed for something to be canon. The comic that Squirrel Girl beat Thanos in is a 616 title.

It's canon. Fine. However, can you not see the difference in contexts? A counter-argument for DS having a low showing against Batman would be to say that Squirrel Girl beat Thanos when the latter is obviously meant to be taken lightly?

nvrbeenwthagirl
It's canon. Fine. However, can you not see the difference in contexts? A counter-argument for DS having a low showing against Batman would be to say that Squirrel Girl beat Thanos when the latter is obviously meant to be taken lightly?

How can Batman be considered a low feat when He has kicked the shit out of the Spectre and killed doomsday clones with Bateranges, and been able to hide himself from a whole group of white martians? batman is GOD.

quanchi112

Really, this comic was horrible for Darkseid and for Superman. It doesn't say anything about who would win a fight between the two. It does put their strength levels as closer than they should be if Superman can make him bleed, even if it is via sucker-punch at super speed. But that is really offset by the fact that Batman's attack had the same (or more if you include the grunt) effect. If we take it at face value, then Superman, Darkseid, and Batman all appear to be around the same level of strength and durability. You are getting ridiculous now. No it just means that they both can make him bleed but Superman can beat him down. He already has before.

stick out tongue

Ouallada
How can Batman be considered a low feat when He has kicked the shit out of the Spectre and killed doomsday clones with Bateranges, and been able to hide himself from a whole group of white martians? batman is GOD.

Batman vs Squirrel Girl then? evil face

nvrbeenwthagirl
Batman vs Squirrel Girl then? evil face

They would mate and have flying squirrel kids.

quanchi112
Batman vs Squirrel Girl then? evil face If people take SGirl seriously and count her shes a badass. She crushed Batman and hes the only one bleeding after this one.

smile

nvrbeenwthagirl
If people take SGirl seriously and count her shes a badass. She crushed Batman and hes the only one bleeding after this one.

smile

Batman's feats>>>>>>>>>>>>Sg's feats.

quanchi112
Batman's feats>>>>>>>>>>>>Sg's feats. Batmans prep feats>SGirls feats.

Physically shed kill him in a heartbeat.

nvrbeenwthagirl
Batmans prep feats>SGirls feats.

Physically shed kill him in a heartbeat.

Thanos's prep feats>>Superman's.

Physically, Superman has far superior feats to thanos. wink

King_Mungi
Are we all forgeting what Batman's batkick has done in the past? He made Captain Marvel revert back to Billy Batson and caused him to bleed, and he HURT Spectre when he kicked him.

Ouallada
Thanos's prep feats>>Superman's.

Physically, Superman has far superior feats to thanos. wink

I personally doubt superman would take anyone on Thanos level for a physical majority. Using doom in that example would be far better.

nvrbeenwthagirl
I personally doubt superman would take anyone on Thanos level for a physical majority. Using doom in that example would be far better.
I'm not saying that Superman can Take Thanos for the majority using all of thanos powers, but SUperman cleary has the better physical feats of the two.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.