Sin City: A Dame to Kill For

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Rogue Jedi
HELL YEAH BABY, IT'S ON!!!

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0458481/plotsummary

exanda kane
Would be nice if it was better than the last.

Rogue Jedi
dude, the last was AWESOME.

Ushgarak
Actually production on this has been going for a while but its state is unknown. There's a script but a number of things have got in the way of it being made right now.

exanda kane
Originally posted by Rogue Jedi
dude, the last was AWESOME.

It looked nice and Jessica Alba was in it, I'll give you that, but "AWESOME"? Take your finger out.

The Pict
Originally posted by exanda kane
It looked nice and Jessica Alba was in it, I'll give you that, but "AWESOME"? Take your finger out.

It was AWESOME!

exanda kane
Not really

MildPossession
Jessica Alba I could have done without in Sin City, in fact any movie.

I enjoyed Sin City, so have been waiting for the second one.

DARKLORDCAEDUS
Sin City was AWESOME. Look forward to number two when it is finally made.

Impediment
In my honest opinion, speaking as a die hard comic collector/fan, Sin City is one of the very best comic-to-movie adaptations I've ever seen. It was literally flawless. I can't wait for the sequel.

Victor Von Doom
I'm looking forward to number 3.

Wallace is the man.

Rogue Jedi
If the article is accurate, Dwight and Marv siding up? HOLY HELL.

LoneUnknown
I'll definitely be going to see it. I just wish Hartigan could still be in the movie sad

Rogue Jedi
Originally posted by LoneUnknown
I'll definitely be going to see it. I just wish Hartigan could still be in the movie sad and we get to see Gail and Dwight together again!!!

Kevy2007
no f ucking shit you nerds

Impediment
Watch you language in here, Kevy2007. Either be civil or leave.

Rogue Jedi
oh Mattie, I LOVE it when you flex your might. shifty

KKMGirl
I enjoyed the production more than the story. I wonder how they'll advance Sin City 2 in terms of effects.

Impediment
oh Mattie, I LOVE it when you flex your might. shifty

That's my biznitch. wink

Victor Von Doom
If the article is accurate, Dwight and Marv siding up? HOLY HELL.

Yes, have you not read the comic?

BackFire
I haven't.

Victor Von Doom
It was the president all along.

BackFire
I hate you.

Rogue Jedi
Originally posted by Victor Von Doom
Yes, have you not read the comic? no sir I have not.

Victor Von Doom
Should.

Strangelove
Yes, yes you should.

I bought all of them after I saw the movies. T'was awesome

Rogue Jedi
I will put it on my to do list.

Faith27

rockycairns
The first was very good the second film is based on the story "A Dame to Kill For" the third is based on Wallace.

The Wallace story was kinda weird tbh I wouldn't want that made into a film.

Patient_Leech
I just watched Sin City again and it just gets better and better everytime I see it. Pure gold. I have some questions about the sequel(s) though...

1. Did they film Michael Clarke Duncan at all before he died? Seems like I saw he was scheduled to be in the 3rd one. IMDB says Sin City 2 is filming now.

2. Are they filming 2 and 3 together?

And it'll be a shame not to see Brittany Murphy, either.. sad

Kazenji
They found a replacement for Michael Clarke Duncan

http://www.superherohype.com/news/articles/173947-sin-city-a-dame-to-kill-for-adds-dennis-haysbert

Kazenji
Josh Brolin to be Dwight now

http://www.deadline.com/2013/01/toldja-josh-brolin-firmed-for-sin-city-a-dame-to-kill-for/

and what was wrong with Clive Owen as Dwight??

Patient_Leech
Originally posted by Kazenji
Josh Brolin to be Dwight now

http://www.deadline.com/2013/01/toldja-josh-brolin-firmed-for-sin-city-a-dame-to-kill-for/

and what was wrong with Clive Owen as Dwight??

Nothing against Josh Brolin, but goddammit.. erm

I only have time to scan the article, didn't see anything about WHY Clive Owen isn't reprising the role...

Kazenji

Impediment
Yep.

They even mention Dwight's "new face" in the Sin City movie. People need to pay attention.

roughrider
They need to replace Rosario Dawson as Gail. Just doesn't do it for me.

They've been talking this sequel for over seven years now, but all I hear is Robert Rodriguez making is the sequel to Machete (thanks, but no.) Wake me when it finally happens.

Kazenji
Originally posted by roughrider

They've been talking this sequel for over seven years now, but all I hear is Robert Rodriguez making is the sequel to Machete (thanks, but no.) Wake me when it finally happens.

Well something seems to be happening now if they're picking people.

Kazenji
Eva Green to Play Ava Lord

Patient_Leech
^ Cool, I like her.

Robtard
This one's gonna suck turd tunnel nuggets.

Kazenji
Based on what?

siriuswriter
Eva Green as a femme fatale is ALWAYS a good thing. Also, the article said that Bruce Willis will be reprising his role as Hartigan... how chronological are the series?

And I was under the misapprehension that "Dwight's new face" was Clive Owen's. Ugh, I LOVED Owen's portrayal of Dwight. Come back! Come back!

BruceSkywalker
looking forward to seeing this

Patient_Leech
Based on what?

He mistakenly thinks he's clever.

Darth Martin
They need to replace Rosario Dawson as Gail. Just doesn't do it for me. Replace Rosario Dawson? You should be shot.

Kazenji
Originally posted by siriuswriter

And I was under the misapprehension that "Dwight's new face" was Clive Owen's. Ugh, I LOVED Owen's portrayal of Dwight. Come back! Come back!

It suppose to be before his surgery gets done on his face with this
movie.

quanchi112
The first one was really good let's hope this one lives up to the expectations set by the first.

Kazenji
Behind the Scenes Images From Sin City 2

http://www.horror-movies.ca/2013/02/behind-the-scenes-image-from-sin-city-2/

Patient_Leech
^ I think I just got a boner.

simonsmi
Thanx..............................smile

Kazenji
Alot more input from you would be great.

Kazenji
Reports indicate that The Weinstein Company wants to follow next summer's Sin City: A Dame to Kill For feature with a Sin City television series

http://spinoff.comicbookresources.com/2013/12/02/is-a-sin-city-tv-series-on-the-way/

Zack Fair
Nice.

When will this come out? Its been forever damn it.

COG Veteran
Y'all know the title has been changed to "A Dame to Die for", right?

http://screenrant.com/sin-city-2-dame-die-for-horrible-bosses-2-story-cell-movie-samuel-jackson-stephen-king/

Kazenji
Can't even look at that link, The place tells me to disable my Ad blocker Plus

i say go **** your self.

Patient_Leech
Seems a bit harsh, don't you think, Kaz? no expression

It works fine for me.

Kazenji
I'm not disabling my ad blocker

just to look at a link.

Esau Cairn
Originally posted by Patient_Leech
Seems a bit harsh, don't you think, Kaz? no expression

Puberty huh?

Kazenji
^ Douchebag?..........indeed you are.

COG Veteran
laughing out loud well don't freak out. The news isn't too hard to find.

Kazenji
erm

i'm not freaking not, I suppose it is the internet people on here like to blow things out of proportion.

Impediment
The thread title has been changed to accommodate the movie title change.

Patient_Leech
Thanks, Imped. Or do you prefer Imp? huh

Impediment
I like Imp, but Imped will do in a pinch. smile

Kazenji
New pictures, feature Mickey Rourke, Jessica Alba & Joseph Gordon-Levitt

http://www.comicbookmovie.com/fansites/notyetamovie/news/?a=95234

Patient_Leech
I'm kind of excited to see this in 3D. I bet it'll be a natural fit.

siriuswriter
I want the original Dwight back... sad

Kazenji
Originally posted by siriuswriter
I want the original Dwight back... sad

I keep seeing this brought up now

0mega Spawn
No Kevin?
That sucks sad

Kazenji
Jamie Chung As Little Miho

Esau Cairn
You'll always be MY Lil Miho, Kaz.

Impediment
It looks like the studio reversed the decision to change the title from "kill" to "die".

A Dame to Kill for sounds much better, anyway.

nqRRF5y94uE

siriuswriter
F*** YEA! The trailer looks EPIC.

Patient_Leech
Nice, finally some footage from this! Looks good.

Kazenji
****'s sake, people need to learn to read on the internet

people flipping out thinking that Frank Miller is directing this.

Patient_Leech
Who thinks that? IMDB says Miller & Rodriguez, just like the first one.

Impediment
Frank Miller IS directing this film, just like the first one.

Esau Cairn
Originally posted by Impediment
Frank Miller IS directing this film, just like the first one.

Because of the amount of scenes where actors were simply placed in front of a green screen, Rodriquez had Miller on set to explain to the actors what the scene was about & their motivation to say & do what they did.

Miller was more of a consultant, however Rodriguez felt he deserved a credit as "director" because of the amount of time Miller spent on set.

Kazenji
Who thinks that? IMDB says Miller & Rodriguez, just like the first one.

Just stupid comments elsewhere.

Impediment
Originally posted by Esau Cairn
Because of the amount of scenes where actors were simply placed in front of a green screen, Rodriquez had Miller on set to explain to the actors what the scene was about & their motivation to say & do what they did.

Miller was more of a consultant, however Rodriguez felt he deserved a credit as "director" because of the amount of time Miller spent on set.

Truth be told, son!

Frank Miller was a director in the sense of scenery and character motivation.

Robert was the guy who did all of the technical shooting and cinematography.

How is that NOT a co-directorship?

Patient_Leech
^ That totally derserves a credit as co-director.

Some concept art...

Frank Miller Releases Concept Art

Esau Cairn
Originally posted by Impediment

How is that NOT a co-directorship?

It is, I agree in every sense of the word.

However, something about politics in the American Film Guild/Union that stipulates a film can't have more than one director.

BruceSkywalker
will see but not expecting much accept i hope tons of gore

Kazenji
What's putting you off this time around?

Kazenji
Eva Green Poster that's been banned by the MPAA

http://www.joblo.com/movie-news/check-out-the-sexy-eva-green-sin-city-2-poster-banned-by-the-mpaa-290#Ps3RQIZfuu3Ezk2s.97

marwash22
6iFdPcx0W2w

BruceSkywalker
Originally posted by marwash22
6iFdPcx0W2w

watched this earlier, i am intrigued but not enough just yet

Esau Cairn
Looks fun but I think we got too spoilt by the first one.

What I mean is watching the same characters doing the same things as the first...different story, same sequences.

marwash22
reading the comments, it seems like people aren't excited. One person said it would be "this decade's Phantom Menace". laughing out loud

jinXed by JaNx
The first one was good but I just don't see any point for another installment. For as much as I liked the first one I never felt like I needed or even wanted more.

Kazenji
Seems like it wasn't worth the wait going by the UK reviews

http://www.comicbookmovie.com/fansites/JoshWildingNewsAndReviews/news/?a=106316

Lestov16
Those UK reviewers don't know WTF they're talking about. It's virtually as good as the original.

Robtard
Eva Green Poster that's been banned by the MPAA

http://www.joblo.com/movie-news/check-out-the-sexy-eva-green-sin-city-2-poster-banned-by-the-mpaa-290#Ps3RQIZfuu3Ezk2s.97

The MPAA must not like boobs. WTF is wrong with them.

Lestov16
I thought this was a very worthy sequel to the original, although not as good. 7.8/10

Firefly218
This movie bombed at box office

BruceSkywalker
they waited too damn long to do the sequel

Estacado
It was good.
First is better though.

Golgo13
Originally posted by Estacado
It was good.
First is better though.

Lestov16
True, but it was still worth the wait IMO. Glad Sen. Roark's bytch ass got what was coming to him. I enjoyed of all the stories. All of the new additions fit right in, especially Brolin. JGL was great as the unluckily lucky hustler. Ava was a true femme fatale excellently played by Eva Green and I was elated when Dwight ganked her due to her villainy. Meloni and Piven were also great secondary characters. I am glad Haysbert got the role in this film, because I felt he was very underrated as Jonas Blane, and he makes for a wonderful Manute. The directing and cinematography is amazing and visually imaginative like a true artist. There are many great scenes of suspense, especially during Roark's poker games. The narrative voiceovers provided good insight into the character's mindset's and viewpoints, and never got to be annoying, even when coming from Alba. I was frequently entertained. While maybe not as innovative as the first, it was still a wonderful and worthy sequel and I'm glad it was released.

BruceSkywalker
sadly will wait to see on dvd

Kazenji
Originally posted by BruceSkywalker
sadly will wait to see on dvd

Same.

Lestov16
Seriously? You guys give up money to Michael Bay but won't see this actually good film in theaters? Perfect example of why Hollywood is being ruined.

Zack Fair
This will sound petty as all ****...but **** them. Made me wait too long. **** them.

Kazenji
Originally posted by Lestov16
Seriously? You guys give up money to Michael Bay but won't see this actually good film in theaters? Perfect example of why Hollywood is being ruined.

Don't give us shit about watching quality movies

besides with it bombing at the box office in your country, I'd be surprised if it even makes it here to the cinema or at least a limited screening.

Lestov16
Originally posted by Zack Fair
This will sound petty as all ****...but **** them. Made me wait too long. **** them.

The movie was worth the wait. It would be a shame not to see in theaters considering how amazing some of the visual effects and cinematography are.

Lestov16
I will say that I enjoyed this film thoroughly except for one aspect. There is a MASSIVE continuity error regarding Marv in this film. In this film, Marv is still alive after TYB and Hartigan were killed, even though THG and TYB story took place concurrently in the first film IIRC, meaning Marv should be dead at this point. However, he is very much alive and at the end of the film helps Nancy raid Senator Roark's mansion so she can kill Roark in revenge for Hartigan's death. It was a glaring continuity error for me, and baffling considering how much care went into the other aspects of the film's plot and production. Didn't ruin the film by any means for me, but it still stuck out.

Golgo13

So true.

Newjak
I will say that I enjoyed this film thoroughly except for one aspect. There is a MASSIVE continuity error regarding Marv in this film. In this film, Marv is still alive after TYB and Hartigan were killed, even though THG and TYB story took place concurrently in the first film IIRC, meaning Marv should be dead at this point. However, he is very much alive and at the end of the film helps Nancy raid Senator Roark's mansion so she can kill Roark in revenge for Hartigan's death. It was a glaring continuity error for me, and baffling considering how much care went into the other aspects of the film's plot and production. Didn't ruin the film by any means for me, but it still stuck out. This is not a continuity error TYB and THG did not take place at the same time. The main reason being we see Kevin the killer when Hartigan makes his raid on the farm. Since Marv kills Kevin we can assume the events of THG take place after TYB so Marv should still be in play.

Lestov16
Originally posted by Newjak
This is not a continuity error TYB and THG did not take place at the same time. The main reason being we see Kevin the killer when Hartigan makes his raid on the farm. Since Marv kills Kevin we can assume the events of THG take place after TYB so Marv should still be in play.

But a quote from Senator Roark is seen in the newspaper when Marv is apprehended for the Cardinal's murder, so Roark would have to be alive when Marv is killed, but that's obviously not the case in this film

Newjak
But a quote from Senator Roark is seen in the newspaper when Marv is apprehended for the Cardinal's murder, so Roark would have to be alive when Marv is killed, but that's obviously not the case in this film You can quote a dead man you know stick out tongue I never knew that though I will have to watch the movie again and look for it

BruceSkywalker

cry and cry more, want a damn fracking cookie.... I will see what I want to see and not you nor Golgo will tell me what to go see, UNDERSTOOD????????

Tzeentch
Calm down.

BruceSkywalker
Originally posted by Tzeentch
Calm down.

I am always calm, are you????

dadudemon
cry and cry more, want a damn fracking cookie.... I will see what I want to see and not you nor Golgo will tell me what to go see, UNDERSTOOD????????

lol!

Like, WTF, man? haha

See this movie and love the shit out of it. If you lived closer, I'd pay for your ticket so we could see it, right now and I would be sure and post pictures of us enjoying the shit out of the movie just to spite Lestov and Golgo. Mwhahaha!

tehe

BruceSkywalker
Originally posted by dadudemon
lol!

Like, WTF, man? haha

See this movie and love the shit out of it. If you lived closer, I'd pay for your ticket so we could see it, right now and I would be sure and post pictures of us enjoying the shit out of the movie just to spite Lestov and Golgo. Mwhahaha!

tehe

the only way would be if a friend of mine gets the film

Estacado
Originally posted by dadudemon
lol!

Like, WTF, man? haha

tehe
Movie was not that awesome...tbh...ermm

Tzeentch
I am always calm, are you???? 4 question marks isn't indicative of calmness.

BruceSkywalker
Originally posted by Tzeentch
4 question marks isn't indicative of calmness.

LMMFAO

Tzeentch
._.

NemeBro
Seriously? You guys give up money to Michael Bay but won't see this actually good film in theaters? Perfect example of why Hollywood is being ruined. I won't give up money for this nor the next Bay movie.

Thug life.

Tzeentch
Would you if you had friends to go see them with?

NemeBro
Are you implying you want to see them with me?

Tzeentch
Does this look like 4chan to you?

NemeBro
Yes.

Tzeentch
http://i46.photobucket.com/albums/f122/blaxican_templar/are-you-shtting-me-eccbc87e4b5ce2fe.gif~original

NemeBro
http://i.imgur.com/ImRR823.gif

dadudemon
I just cut myself on Nemebro's edginess. sad

Newjak
Just got back from watching this it was alright.

Patient_Leech

Yeah, I tend to agree. But I skipped this just because of seeing some lackluster reviews. I feel ashamed now that I hear it's good. I will see it soon. But don't worry, I definitely don't support Michael Bay.

Mindset
Yeah, I tend to agree. But I skipped this just because of seeing some lackluster reviews. I feel ashamed now that I hear it's good. I will see it soon. But don't worry, I definitely don't support Michael Bay. It's definitely not good.

Patient_Leech
Potential spoilers ahead:

Um, in a lot of ways it was more of the same. I didn't hate it, but something did feel missing. I feel like something a little more epicly corrupt should have been going on with Rourke and all that, instead of just picking on poor little Joseph-Gordon Levitt. That turned out to be kind of lame. But I liked a lot of Josh Brolin's action and there seemed to be some sort of "eye removal" theme going through the movie. I guess I didn't really like Eva Green's character... I mean, I know we're not supposed to like her, but it just seems like we just saw her playing an evil b!tch in the 300 sequel, so it didn't feel fresh. But I kind of liked how Nancy was growing up a bit and wanted revenge. That was interesting, but it was also a little bit of a let down at the end because did she reap bloody revenge or not?? And if she did, then goddamnit why didn't we get to see the bloody aftermath??!!

That being said, I didn't like the first one a whole lot the first time I saw it, but it grew on me after another viewing or two. So this one might be the same. I certainly won't give up on it.

Nancy's final little dance would have been worth the price of admission, though....

roughrider
Potential spoilers ahead:

Um, in a lot of ways it was more of the same. I didn't hate it, but something did feel missing. I feel like something a little more epicly corrupt should have been going on with Rourke and all that, instead of just picking on poor little Joseph-Gordon Levitt. That turned out to be kind of lame. But I liked a lot of Josh Brolin's action and there seemed to be some sort of "eye removal" theme going through the movie. I guess I didn't really like Eva Green's character... I mean, I know we're not supposed to like her, but it just seems like we just saw her playing an evil b!tch in the 300 sequel, so it didn't feel fresh. But I kind of liked how Nancy was growing up a bit and wanted revenge. That was interesting, but it was also a little bit of a let down at the end because did she reap bloody revenge or not?? And if she did, then goddamnit why didn't we get to see the bloody aftermath??!!

That being said, I didn't like the first one a whole lot the first time I saw it, but it grew on me after another viewing or two. So this one might be the same. I certainly won't give up on it.

Nancy's final little dance would have been worth the price of admission, though....

In a movie & graphic novel series with so much grotesque imagery and leering sleaze, the most illogical thing to see is a stripper who doesn't take her top off - we can thank Jessica Alba's No Nudity clause in her contract for that. roll eyes (sarcastic)

The first film bored me somewhat as a fan of the original series, simply because it was so slavishly devoted to being a panel by panel adaption there was nothing new to chew on (Zack Snyder got a bit more room for interpretation for 300, by comparison.) I had no interest in the long-delayed second film, because Frank Miller has become a one trick pony who can't get his head out of Sin City and can't seem to do anything new. That the movie bombed critically and commercially seems like justice.

Patient_Leech
Lol, we didn't really need to see her t!ts. I didn't mind. We saw plenty of Eva Green's, haha...

Well, I can't really blame Frank Miller too much, because Sin City is such a great world. It has such potential. But I don't think that potential was quite reached with A Dame To Kill For. Shame it bombed, because I would like to see more personally, even if this one was somewhat underwhelming.

Esau Cairn
I had no interest in the long-delayed second film, because Frank Miller has become a one trick pony who can't get his head out of Sin City and can't seem to do anything new. That the movie bombed critically and commercially seems like justice.

Jesus...no writer or graphic artist gets into the industry thinking that one day their work will go from paper to big screen.
If you saw Miller's earlier work it was condemned as un-commercial, his style, un-comical.
No where in Miller's career did he ever envision his Sin City series to become big screen features with respected actors attached to it, nor his take on Batman to become the bible & major influence to future comic book writers/artists much less the big screen as well.

One trick pony?
How about a lucky sonofabitch who's finally received credit for something he enjoys doing?

jinXed by JaNx
I wouldn't call, Miller a one trick, Pony but i do think his success has kept him from realizing new great works. With that said i can never reference Millers cinematic contributions in the same category as his comic achievements. I would like to see Miller as an advisor only when it comes to cinema. The Spirit was one of the worst movies i had to sit through. At any rate, i recently tried watching, A Dame to kill for and i fell asleep mid way through. So i will wait until, or if, i ever finish the movie. From what i saw, however, it seemed to undermine what the original established. Everyone seemed like they were just going by the numbers.

Patient_Leech
Originally posted by jinXed by JaNx
The Spirit was one of the worst movies i had to sit through.

I have heard nothing but terrible things about The Spirit, so I have steered clear of it.

Esau Cairn
It was Miller's first directorial role.
I guess he realised directing a movie isn't as easy as it looks.

Patient_Leech
Yeah, that's basically what I heard. And I wasnt even that big a fan of 300, it was mostly just kind of pretty, but also very silly.

Esau Cairn
What did you find silly about 300?

And please don't go into a homo-erotic rant like so many do.

Patient_Leech
lol, well besides the homo erotica... laughing

The flashy images (which I will admit are sort of cool) were really just sort of a distraction and detracted from it somehow. So it just seemed silly. A little too stylized and unrealistic making it difficult to take seriously. i.e. silly.

Esau Cairn
Fair enough.

I personally found the style visually amazing for the story that was being told.

I would've hated a serious rendition of Miller's work.

Patient_Leech
Don't get me wrong, whenever I see it on I find it nearly impossible to look away.

Esau Cairn
Because of the homo erotic undertones?

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.