Force Potential

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

kamhal
I have been thinking on this by quite some time. Well, it was several times stated that each force user has a potential, a force potential, which is his limit of control from the force right? Basicly, the bigger your force potential, the more powerful you will be once you untap it all.

So, my problem is that, if every force user has a potential, this also mean that this force user has also a limit, and at some point of his life he will untap it all, so reaching his peak, his zenith of power.

So, my question is, why i hear some people saying that, for example, someone like sidious was stronger in the force in DE then when he was in OT or ROTS, because or i am very wrong or at that time sidious would have pretty much untapped all his force potential, all the power he can get for every midichlorian of his cell (i know most of people don't like this midichlorian concept so i can remove it if you don't like it).
For example, i think pretty much everybody agrees that windu was on his zenith of power during the clone wars, and windu was like 53 years old at the time. In ROTS sidious was what, 61?

Also, i would like to ask how people think that force knowledge can affect someone's afinitty with the force. I agree that the greater your knowledge, the more refinement you have in using your powers and more "weapons" you have against your foes, but how would this affect your raw potential? So, basicly what i am saying is that after you reaching your full potential, your powers shouldn't be able to increase more and more...

Satauros
u raise a very good point my friend, but I view the Force as a limitless power source, an the more knowledge u learn about meditation an control, the more u can increase your power and so forth. also, u can learn new abilities or the ways of old.

Also, just because u hav a midi count of let's say 20,000, that doesn't mean they can't manifest further and multiply. if u look at all the EU literature and such, u'll see that force powers are evolving. as duz everything else, including a Force user's zenith

just sum food for thought my friend

- Satauros

nmensfinest
The force exists within everything inside the SW universe according to Yoda, making its supply as good as unlimited, and Jedi are simply able to manipulate that limitless supply. Any limits would have more to do with their control than anything midi-chlorian related.

nmensfinest
Oops, meant to add "I agree" directly after your quote, just clearing that up, I'm not trying to correct you or anything.

xxxpoppunker182
Originally posted by kamhal

For example, i think pretty much everybody agrees that windu was on his zenith of power during the clone wars, and windu was like 53 years old at the time. In ROTS sidious was what, 61?

just so you know mace windu was 54 when he died and he was 51 when the clone wars began AKA episode two

kamhal
If windu born in 72 BBY and died 19 BBY then he would logically die with 53 years...

xxxpoppunker182
i was just trying to say that the clone wars lasted 3 years not 8

Melcórë
If windu born in 72 BBY and died 19 BBY then he would logically die with 53 years...

Not neccessarily, depending on which month he was born in....

kamhal
.... Ok, his age was around 52-54 years old. Happy now? The point is, he was at his full potencial. So, why wouldn't sidious be too for example?

Melcórë
.... Ok, his age was around 52-54 years old. Happy now? The point is, he was at his full potencial. So, why wouldn't sidious be too for example?

So....what are you trying to argue, exactly? That age somehow affects one's "Potential"?

kamhal
No, I am simply pointing out that at some time in his life, a force user should indeed reach his potential and so he shouldn't get stronger anymore. And why i am saying this? Because it seems most of people here use as arg that the older you are, the stronger you are in the force... And this ided seems stupid to me if force users have indeed a potencial, something that should put a limit on his force power at some point of his life.

Satauros
if there is a limit in everyone, then I believe the Force power levels are given at random

GahLakTus
No, I am simply pointing out that at some time in his life, a force user should indeed reach his potential and so he shouldn't get stronger anymore. And why i am saying this? Because it seems most of people here use as arg that the older you are, the stronger you are in the force... And this ided seems stupid to me if force users have indeed a potencial, something that should put a limit on his force power at some point of his life. Sidious kept going stronger and stronger if i recall so just because your old it does not mean you reached your full potential

kamhal
But let see, who stated that sidious was stronger. Sidious himself? Maybe he was just talking big...

xxxpoppunker182
actually George said he was the most powerful

kamhal
I didn't say that sidious wasn't the most powerful sith lord, i am just arguing that i think it's not only weird but also stupid that sidious was always growing power nonstop...

GahLakTus
But let see, who stated that sidious was stronger. Sidious himself? Maybe he was just talking big... He grows stronger by dark empire as he SHOWED IT TO US. Quit acting like a debator kamhal, you obviously have yet to pay attention to how sidious grew stronger.

His ROTJ incarnation has been proven to be stronger than ROTS self seeing that he killed an army of storm troopers with one blast of lightning, the same lightning which reduced 3 sith acolytes powerful enough to bring maul from the dead to dust and bones.

While his DE incarnation is even stronger seeing that he instantly killed lukes students with lightning despite the fact he is dying in his clone body where he gets weaker.

Satauros
remember that we are not only speaking of palpatine, but all force users
the reality of this is that there can almost always be a continuation of growing more powerful, but it becomes more & more difficult with the acquisition of more power

kamhal
The point is, sidious can have showed this abilities in OT and DE, but this doesn't mean he couldn't have done it already during ROTS for example.

And that's exactly what i think is a little bit stupid, how someone with a potential can be growing more and more power as the time goes on? In that case the word "potential" shouldn't be aply at all...

GahLakTus
The point is, sidious can have showed this abilities in OT and DE, but this doesn't mean he couldn't have done it already during ROTS for example.

And that's exactly what i think is a little bit stupid, how someone with a potential can be growing more and more power as the time goes on? In that case the word "potential" shouldn't be aply at all... Because sidious hasnt reached his full potential by ROTS i believe

kamhal
Well, then the case would be different. Even though, I believe that after already being the strongest sith ever by ROTS and with 20 extra years of study from thousands of holocrons with sith and jedi knowledge, I just don't understand how sidious had not reach his potential yet by OT, for example.

Satauros
we're talking about a galactic-wide scope of knowledge about a universal power here, there's a near endless supply of knowledge about different uses of the Force

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.