Terminator 2: Judgement Day or The Matrix Reloaded

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Darth Martin
Which is the better sequel?

SnakeEyes
T2 for me anyday.

I actually liked Reloaded, but it added in too many new elements as far as I'm concerned.

Wolfie
T2 hands down.

BackFire
T2, not even a good comparison.

exanda kane
Originally posted by BackFire

T.M
T2 hands down.

MildPossession
Why are you even asking this?!

Terminator 2 by mileeeeeessss.

MrBurns
T2 easily.

sithsaber408
Fairly well stated, but its T2 in a landslide.

And I liked Reloaded. Hey, I liked the whole trilogy.

But other than ESB and Godfather II, I'm hard pressed to think of a sequel that took the mythos, characters, world, and story of a great film, and just BLASTED it to a higher level that was 10 times what the original was.

T2 rules, to this day. cool

Darth Martin
Yea but Reloaded did make more money at the box office. But I go with T2 because it was complete whereas with Reloaded it's one half of the last two and everyone was dissapointed at the end where it said "to be continued".

Darth Martin
What's the better Trilogy?

T.M
Originally posted by Darth Martin

Still Terminator.

exanda kane
Yes, even with Terminator 3, it's better.

Toku King
T2 wins in a freakishly large curbstomp.

Toku King

"Terminator" still wins. I actually really enjoyed T3.

JediSamuraiMRB
Liked both, but T2

BackFire
T2 is a better trilogy all by itself.

The Matrix Trilogy is pretentious shit. Only good one is the first one.

Spartan ll
Originally posted by sithsaber408
Fairly well stated, but its T2 in a landslide.

And I liked Reloaded. Hey, I liked the whole trilogy.

But other than ESB and Godfather II, I'm hard pressed to think of a sequel that took the mythos, characters, world, and story of a great film, and just BLASTED it to a higher level that was 10 times what the original was.

T2 rules, to this day. cool ^QFT.

T.M

Agreed.

Quiero Mota
I think both series are overrated, but I like Terminator more only because I think Arnold is a far more superior action star than Keanu.

Darth Martin
Lawrence Fishburne and Hugo Weaving were the best actors in the trilogy.

Rogue Jedi

alic88
T2 ANY TIME ANY DAY, no offence to Reloaded.

And in terms of comparing triology, even though t3 was a shadow of what the first two movies were,the T movies are MUCH better than the Matrix trilogy.

tabby999

Second.

fini
Hands down and down , heck feet down even
T2

T2 blew your mind
Matrix blew your mind, not its sequel.

ragesRemorse
Originally posted by alic88
T2 ANY TIME ANY DAY, no offence to Reloaded.

And in terms of comparing triology, even though t3 was a shadow of what the first two movies were,the T movies are MUCH better than the Matrix trilogy.

I dont know if i would say MUCH better. I think the tone of both the first matrix and the first terminator are equal. They are both dark gritty movies. They both have hopelessness and a sense of urgency. I think terminator had a more creative story, but Matrix offered the more compelling story and characters. considering that i grew up with the Terminator, i can appreciate the effects, but the effects in the Matrix were flawless. I say the first matrix easily takes the first terminator

As for sequels. T2 is obviously a more accessible movie. You dont have to be a fan of science fiction to enjoy T2. The best part of Reloaded is the metaphors and multiplied action. If you lack the patience you will miss out of the metaphors and analogies in Reloaded. T2 is a simple story with extraordinary action, effects and suspense. I think Reloaded takes the style and maturity factor. T2 takes the win with, fun, pacing, vivd characters and badassness. I wouldnt say its MUCH better though. It just did some things better

Although, T3 is the biggest load of shit ever created. It is mindless, redundant shit. One of Corey haim's B movies has more point for existing than T3. T3 was nothing more than a poor remake of T2.

sithsaber408
So what's your opinion of Revolutions then? (either on it's own, or in comparison to T3)

=Tired Hiker=

Impediment

ragesRemorse
So what's your opinion of Revolutions then? (either on it's own, or in comparison to T3)

I think revolutions stumbled over its own ambition of storytelling. It was a good story, but translated into a lackluster movie. It had bad pacing and ended the story exactly how we were told it was going to end in reloaded. As the second half to reloaded, i like it, but as a stand alone sequel. It leaves much to be desired. I think its much better movie than T3 for the sole reason that T3 had no reason to be told, at least how the story that was chosen.

Why, where do you stand with T3 and revolutions?

Doom and Gloom
Both T1 and T2 were alltime classics and T3 was ok. Matrix 1 and 2 were complete garbage and I never saw the third one.

sithsaber408
Originally posted by ragesRemorse
I think revolutions stumbled over its own ambition of storytelling. It was a good story, but translated into a lackluster movie. It had bad pacing and ended the story exactly how we were told it was going to end in reloaded. As the second half to reloaded, i like it, but as a stand alone sequel. It leaves much to be desired. I think its much better movie than T3 for the sole reason that T3 had no reason to be told, at least how the story that was chosen.

Why, where do you stand with T3 and revolutions?

I like Revolutions better than T3.

I like the whole Matrix Trilogy for the story it told, and for things that mirrored each other. (Like neo and morpheus in Revolutions: "It was an honor sir." "No, the honor is still mine." The diaolouge of their last scene together is much like the diaologue of their first scene, and I found it powerful to see where their relationship had gone.)

T3 was OK, some parts were cool, I guess. I LOVE The Terminator, and T2, though.

ragesRemorse
I like Revolutions better than T3.

I like the whole Matrix Trilogy for the story it told, and for things that mirrored each other. (Like neo and morpheus in Revolutions: "It was an honor sir." "No, the honor is still mine." The diaolouge of their last scene together is much like the diaologue of their first scene, and I found it powerful to see where their relationship had gone.)

T3 was OK, some parts were cool, I guess. I LOVE The Terminator, and T2, though.

thats interesting. I never noticed that with their final dialogue. I do think the matrix has some of the best character development in all of sci-fi.

I crap on T3 alot, but it can be a fun movie t watch. THe story, to me, is nothing but retold dribble though.

Discos
haha I can't believe this is an actual poll?

T2 is probably the 2nd best sequel after Godfather II

ragesRemorse
Originally posted by Discos

T2 is probably the 2nd best sequel after Godfather II

aliens trumps them both

Darth Martin
T2 beats Aliens in my book. Godfather 2 was too long.

Darth Martin
But The Empire Strikes Back is the best sequel in my book.

sithsaber408
But The Empire Strikes Back is the best sequel in my book.

QFT.

Jaime Sommers
Which is the better sequel?

T2 - not even worth comparing the two, as Terminator would win anyday.

Kram3r
Lulz, WTF? T2.

Bicnarok
two totally different movies, but Ill go for Matrix any day.

Faith27
Matrix Reloaded....the special effects, cast and story are perfect but the ending was not that good.

WrathfulDwarf
T2 by a mile.

aciam
T2 didn't bore me so i'll go for it

((The_Anomaly))
Personally Reloaded is my favorite of the Matrix Trilogy, so I gotta go personally with Reloaded. That Said T2 is a legendary sequel, almost on the level of like ESB.

Mr Parker
Originally posted by Wolfie
T2 hands down.

yeah T2. no contest.

Rapscallion
Matrix Reloaded was kinda awful. bad acting, convoluted story, and cheesy special effects (the first matrix movie was so good, how could the second be so lame!)

T2 might be the second best action movie ever made (after Die Hard of course). Apart from the molten metal, there isn't much digital stuff. the special effects are actually practical elements. Awesome action scenes, descent plot, and actual characterizations.

T2 by far, no contest.

ragesRemorse
Originally posted by Rapscallion
Matrix Reloaded. cheesy special effects

confused huh

Tempe Brennan
Don't know how you can possibly compare the two - T2 far outrates the Matrix, anyday

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.