The Afterlife (for Jedi/Sith)

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

SnakeEyes
So, as everyone knows, you see the spirits of the Jedi in many of the films (Obi-Wan, Yoda, etc.).

But what I've always been curious about is what those spirits are doing when they're not just chattin it up with Luke or something.

What is the afterlife like for them?

Darth Sexy
http://www.thevelvetstore.com/Merchant2/graphics/00000001/dogs%20playing%20poker22.jpg
Just replace the dogs with random dead jedi/sith and you basically have your "afterlife in the force".

Orbius
Originally posted by Darth Sexy
http://www.thevelvetstore.com/Merchant2/graphics/00000001/dogs%20playing%20poker22.jpg
Just replace the dogs with random dead jedi/sith and you basically have your "afterlife in the force".

xD

Sids: "Yeah...sorry about the whole killing Jedi thing...it was just a phase I was going through, we're all cool, right?" As thousands of Jedi advance towards him...I would so pay to see a spoof like that..if only I had the money, I'd make it lol.

exanda kane
Waste of money.

caedusrulesall
The Jedi and light-siders go to the "Netherworld of the Force", a Heaven of sorts. The walls are endless lines of blowing wind, and all of the Jeedai co-exist with each other for eternity.

The Sith and dark-siders, however, go to the dark, dank world of "Chaos", a Hell of sorts. It's a dark underworld where I believe you are in constant misery. If you need anymore information on this, listen to Ajunta Pall's whining in Knights of the Old Republic.

Those are the Jeedai and Sith afterlifes.

Violent2Dope
What about normal people?

caedusrulesall
Originally posted by Violent2Dope
What about normal people?

Good question, I've always wondered that. I don't know, but I assume they would either all go to the Netherworld or it becomes a "if you're bad you go to Chaos otherwise you go to the Netherworld" type of scenario.

Captain REX
The fact that Han says "Then I'll see you in Hell!" in ESB likely betrays that they have some belief in a Heaven or Hell afterlife. Whether it's called the Netherworld of the Force or Chaos, it's rather similar.

Atticus
i think for the most part is better left a mistery

Captain REX
Agreed.

caedusrulesall
Originally posted by Captain REX
The fact that Han says "Then I'll see you in Hell!" in ESB likely betrays that they have some belief in a Heaven or Hell afterlife. Whether it's called the Netherworld of the Force or Chaos, it's rather similar.

In reality, that's because "I'll see you in Hell" is a real-world phrase that was just inserted into ESB. However the in-universe explanation is that the Corellians (like Han) have a philosophy of Hell, but I don't know what the others thought about the afterlife.

Violent2Dope
ioriyagami

exanda kane
For the amount of races and cultures involved in the SW, there aren't that many religous wars.

Captain REX
Originally posted by caedusrulesall
In reality, that's because "I'll see you in Hell" is a real-world phrase that was just inserted into ESB. However the in-universe explanation is that the Corellians (like Han) have a philosophy of Hell, but I don't know what the others thought about the afterlife.

Of course it's a real phrase being inserted, but it wouldn't have been inserted as such if nobody believed in Heaven or Hell in Star Wars. stick out tongue

Lord Melkor
I think that concepts of Heaven and Hell are pretty universal, definately not limited to chritianity. It is pretty logical that those would appear in the Star Wars galaxy.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.