Who can defeat Nozdormu?

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Diamond Kisses
Since certain things have occured trough recent Warcraft discussions concerning the aspects, I would like to come to the conclusion that Nozdormu is a badass. With badass, I mean REALLY badass. Maybe he does not hold the most powers, nor is he the strongest among video game characters.

But.....

Can he be defeated? If so, who can defeat him and how? Is he undefeatable?

Do note that this is not a thread that imply that Nozdormu can defeat anyone, but morelike a thread that asks if he can at all be defeated.

Does Nozdormu belong in the Game Versus forum, or is he in short too imbalanced to be placed in a fight at all?

NOZDORMU

http://www.wowwiki.com/images/e/e7/Nozdormu.jpg

Note that I am not implying that he can not be defeating. Do not misstake this thread for that. I am giving out a mere question if he can be defeated and not at all implying that he can not be.

Sado-sama
Rep0rted. 131

Only VS threads are supposed to be here...you should have put this in the Computer/Games forum instead.

I still wuv you. tighthug

Diamond Kisses
Aaaaww! I looked trough the whole rule thread but could not find anything that made this unlawful sad

What rule claim this as illegal?

hug

I thought that since I have seen all those 'who can defeat * * * * in hand to hand' and that kind of threads, I kind of assumed this was not against the rules, since I could not find a rule that directly stated this.

Or there is a rule and I just somehow missed it.

Burning thought
laughing to answer you kain could quite handily kill Noz with a soul stealing attack, since although Noz excists at the same time in past, present and future, his soul is not a split entity, so in a way, a soul steal would defeat Nozmordu, kain also has some of his own powers over time although they pale in comparison to Noz their something to distract the dragon, as are his various shields and illusions.

you can also argue that characters like the Titans would definaltey, High father would....

from DS ime willing to bet Jedah could in a way with a soul attack

basiclaly things that can attack the mind or the soul, otherwise you would not be able to defeat Nozmordu, however his own powers are limited so he would not be able to defeat many from games VS either so it would be two charatcerts that cannot defeat eachother in most Noz VS battles

Sado-sama
I don't have to highlight teh smilies to see them. chair hug

Well, if only VS threads are allowed in here isn't a rule on there, Lana needs to go make an edit there ASAP.

*Waits for Lana to come and say "DON'T order me around newbie. Who do you think you are?"*

Diamond Kisses
I believe that threads like these are good. They might help evaluate future threads before they are put to action and match up things more even. By having people reply on if and how Nozdormu can be defeated, we learn both more about Nozdormu and the opposition character. That way, threads in the future might be more balanced.

That is, if people bother searching for threads and find this one before making a Nozdormu thread stick out tongue

Burning thought
yes but i think thats moe for the Nozmordu respect thread, i think this is a good idea though, gives a diffrent way of debating and it is sorta still a VS thread, he just does not have a specified opponent

Sado-sama
*Waits for Lana to appear and lecture poor and innocent Diamond Kisses, instead of simply moving the topic to its proper place* erm

Lana seems to think that she needs to act like a death camp officer to qualify for mod position.

And BT makes a good point. This should have been in Nozdormu's respect thread so...I think the best thing to do is to close this and ask the question in the respect thread. ermm

Diamond Kisses
A mod has to be strict at times yes

Emotionless people! Lecturing people the hard way raver

Sado-sama
There's Lana and Dark Lana. I know this for a fact. Anyway..just ask your question in Nozdormu's respect thread which, you linked to. stick out tongue

And don't bother to lecture me Lana...I have you on ignore MUAHAHAHAHA!!!

Diamond Kisses
Originally posted by Sado-sama
*Waits for Lana to appear and lecture poor and innocent Diamond Kisses, instead of simply moving the topic to its proper place* erm

Lana seems to think that she needs to act like a death camp officer to qualify for mod position.

And BT makes a good point. This should have been in Nozdormu's respect thread so...I think the best thing to do is to close this and ask the question in the respect thread. ermm

Thing being, it get no attention in that thread. Only from Warcraft interested people. Which would result that none-warcraft people would not learn the strength of a character and would not be able to properly debate against/for the character if future Vs. threads occur with them stick out tongue

Also, that would make threads go of topic very easy, if a for example Pyron Vs. Nozdormu discussion would occur. That would in a way ruin the whole respect part and just make it a mindless debate on who is stronger, which in a way would be disrepect to both Nozdormu and the creator of the thread.

So, if you ask me it would easily turn the respect forum to a respect and disrespect forum shrug

Sado-sama
Good point. I think the only thing that matters now...is having to put up with Lana (who's a great person, btw).

...put her on ignore. 131

Diamond Kisses
We also have General Kalierd raver

Lana is not the only moderator around anymore stick out tongue

Darth Extecute
Originally posted by Burning thought
laughing to answer you kain could quite handily kill Noz with a soul stealing attack, since although Noz excists at the same time in past, present and future, his soul is not a split entity, so in a way, a soul steal would defeat Nozmordu, kain also has some of his own powers over time although they pale in comparison to Noz their something to distract the dragon, as are his various shields and illusions.

you can also argue that characters like the Titans would definaltey, High father would....

from DS ime willing to bet Jedah could in a way with a soul attack

basiclaly things that can attack the mind or the soul, otherwise you would not be able to defeat Nozmordu, however his own powers are limited so he would not be able to defeat many from games VS either so it would be two charatcerts that cannot defeat eachother in most Noz VS battles

The question that has to be asked, is if Nozdormu would enter a fight he know he "lost" in? He lives in the future, and if an encounter with Kain suddenly appear and his future self disappear, then he would rapidly make sure that he has a future self and simply not pick a fight with Kain..

Nozdormu doesnt win, but he doesnt die.. Not even Kain can pursuit Nozdormu at his homefield ((being time))

Its uncertain that Highfather could destroy Nozdormu.. Lich King is slipping out of Kil'Jaedens grasp and soon he can do nothing against him.. this is an indication that the creator can not always defeat the creation.. Nozdormu may not be able to match Highfather, but can Highfather defeat Nozdormu? Even if he pursuit Nozdormu into time and space, can he both catch and make a devestating blow? Nozdormu can run forever, and Highfather can possibly chase forever, assuming that they equal their timepowers..

one that master time has the advantage while running, while the hunter has the disadvantage of having to try predict where to go when and how..

As for Jedah, I believe the outcome to match Kains.. there is no winner.. and no loser..

To answer the question, very few, if any can slay Nozdormu..
unless a restriction is placed in the fight, for example that he is not allowed to run and hide.. A timeless one can run for as long as time exist.. and in Nozdormu's case, time will never seize to exist, since he can forever live in the past if he so wish..

In order to defeat Nozdormu, restrictions has to be made..

Concerning the whole Highfather part.. We have to ask ourselves.. can anyone have more control than Nozdormu with time? He can pretty much do anything.. Except removing time itslef, or reach the end of time.. I believe only equal is as close as you can get if comparing with Nozdormu's powers

Csdabest
Dont we all live in the past future and present?

Csdabest
If you kill him in the past or present. he wouldnt have a future. Kill him in the past he wouldnt exist in the present,. Kill him in the future. Congrats you killed him in the future. Can i get like full un altered unbias detail about him. Because what yall are stating is kind of weird. Dont know the big word for the situation. Thought it was redundant.

Because every character exist in the past present and future.

Darth Extecute
Originally posted by Csdabest
Dont we all live in the past future and present?

Good comment.. We do, but we cant control our future.. nor can we change our past.. or anyone elses for that matter..

Darth Extecute
If you kill him in the past or present. he wouldnt have a future. Kill him in the past he wouldnt exist in the present,. Kill him in the future. Congrats you killed him in the future. Can i get like full un altered unbias detail about him. Because what yall are stating is kind of weird. Dont know the big word for the situation. Thought it was redundant.

Because every character exist in the past present and future.

But how do you kill someone that can see the future as clear as you see the present? Someone that can decide not to enter that specific time that he has seen to be his death.. The same someone that doesnt actually exist today.. or yesterday, or tomorrow.. but all three, stimulantiously..

Csdabest
Im trying to get grasp on the situation with out breaching into the real world in video game situation and quantom theory and time and space. But just seems confusing.

Darth Extecute
Im trying to get grasp on the situation with out breaching into the real world in video game situation and quantom theory and time and space. But just seems confusing.

You cant think logically when talking about Nozdormu.. His existance makes very little sense at all.. Simply because he exist at anytime, instead of anywhere.. he doesnt have a specific era of existance.. He isnt effected by time either.. therefore been given the name "timeless" for time to him, is like air to you.. Or something..

I dont expect you to understand how he function.. not even I understand it fully.. all I know is the large extent of his powers..

Csdabest
And this is why I dont indulge into the world of Warcraft lol

Darth Extecute
And this is why I dont indulge into the world of Warcraft lol

Dont confuse Nozdormu logic with the other warcraft character.. not fair no expression

Violent2Dope
Originally posted by Diamond Kisses
Since certain things have occured trough recent Warcraft discussions concerning the aspects, I would like to come to the conclusion that Nozdormu is a badass. With badass, I mean REALLY badass. Maybe he does not hold the most powers, nor is he the strongest among video game characters.

But.....

Can he be defeated? If so, who can defeat him and how? Is he undefeatable?

Do note that this is not a thread that imply that Nozdormu can defeat anyone, but morelike a thread that asks if he can at all be defeated.

Does Nozdormu belong in the Game Versus forum, or is he in short too imbalanced to be placed in a fight at all?

NOZDORMU

http://www.wowwiki.com/images/e/e7/Nozdormu.jpg

Note that I am not implying that he can not be defeating. Do not misstake this thread for that. I am giving out a mere question if he can be defeated and not at all implying that he can not be. If what you are all saying about him is 100% true, then people who can directly attack souls like Jedah, Kain, and maybe Demitri(not sure if MB would work) would be able, you can only have one soul.

Darth Extecute
Since Nozdormu has been mentioned several times lately, I thought I'd bump this.. An educative kind of bump..

Pyron_is_God
U-DO can.

Burning thought
my same answer as before i gues

DarkC
Originally posted by Violent2Dope
If what you are all saying about him is 100% true, then people who can directly attack souls like Jedah, Kain, and maybe Demitri(not sure if MB would work) would be able, you can only have one soul.
Personally I fail to see how Nozdormu would fail to see a move like that coming and counteract it. We're talking about the lord of TIME here.

Lana
Okay, how did neither of us miss this thread?

"Who can beat ______" threads aren't allowed. This is character vs. character only. I'd think this would be common sense.

Also, please no more of the bumping old threads unless you've actually got something to add.

Closed.

(oh, and just a note - it's impossible to put a mod on your ignore list doped)

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.