Sparrabeth_Seas: The Sparrabeth Awards

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

savvysparrowluv
Welcome to the KMC office for Sparrabeth_Seas: The Sparrabeth Awards!!! eek!

Sparrabeth_Seas is a livejournal community dedicated to honoring Sparrabeth fanfiction writers through the awards.

This is a place where I'll post notices regarding the Awards site for Sparrabeth fanfiction and where all my KMC buddies can ask questions (if you have any, of course).

Session II is now open for nominations! A pwetty banner to the winning author or fanfic in tons of categories!

So, run on over to the link posted below, read the rules (you might have to scroll down a bit or check the userinfo page) and nominate away! big grin

http://community.livejournal.com/sparrabeth_sea/

Thanks!!

Happy DanceHappy DanceHappy DanceHappy DanceHappy DanceHappy DanceHappy Dance

http://pics.livejournal.com/savvysparrowluv/pic/0001xx73

texgodiva2s
Ta Miz Savvy, I'm gonna nominate or die trying! There are some wonderfully touching bits out there aren't there? Is it bunches of catagories like before? I love reading the past winner of other awards--best of the best is always a lot easier on the eye. Do you know if there are awards for videos? My taste runs to quirky juxaposition in that arena.

Back to vacation--a whole delicious delightful week of nothing but....endless chores, mother gotta-dos, eek! family dinner at Thanksgivingblink, and major sneaking time on this time sucking box nosing around the endless corners of the internet.....what a deal! Thanks for the update on new on the 'puter--

savvysparrowluv
Hmmm, I don't know of an awards site for videos yet, but that is a great idea! I know of a sparrabeth video community, just not an awards site..maybe a future project, lol.

Yep, we've still got a lot of categories:

The Birds And The Seas : Best Smut

The Pen Is Mightier Than The Sword : Best Author

Sail To The End Of The Earth And Beyond : Best Epic (15+ Chapters)

Amazing How Often Those Two Things Coincide : Best Love/Hate Fic

Pirate King : Best Jack's POV

Pirate Queen : Best Elizabeth's POV

A Love Short And Sweet : Best Oneshot

A Pirate's Dinghy : Best Drabble (under 500 words)

My Heart Will Go On : Best Tear-Jerker

Should We Meet Again : Best Post-At Worlds End

Fledgling : Best Tale with a Baby

Learning To Trust, Learning To Fly : Best Angst

Bring Me That Horizon : Best Action/Adventure

Devils, Black Sheep, And Really Bad Eggs : Most Creative

How All The Pieces Fit Together...: Best Completed Fic

Where the Compass Points : Best Incomplete Fic

texgodiva2s
Miz Savvy--where in the best day do you get all this energy?! And the catagory titles are a hoot in and of themselves! Jeez, did everyone (but me, I somehow snuck in) have to qualify for MENSA to post on KMC/Pirates?! I know I've said it before, however, it bears repeating, what a bright, funny, passionate group of folks all piratistas here be and a joy, loved by our moms and dads! Okay, I'm making my list and checking it twice--then I will proceed to go forward!! so that I too can make nominations for those stories I can't live without--figure if you go back to read them more than three times, you must like 'em some.

Thanks you darlin'--you're a kind and generous teacher/protector, two of the many qualities of Jack I see in folks here. Maybe that's why we are so fascinated, smitten with him what exists in us. Me, I'm the goofy graceful wandering drift (when you move large groups of critters, their movement point a-point b) loving what turns up to delight me. Now there'd be a list, Jack's qualities and who's like him how? Another thread--off now to gather info and learn how to do something new--please grade on the curve, Savvy-teach!

Sifzensinril
I can't nominate, sadly, I have just one chapter and one paragraph so far, I write so slow.. sad

savvysparrowluv
Originally posted by texgodiva2s
Miz Savvy--where in the best day do you get all this energy?! And the catagory titles are a hoot in and of themselves! Jeez, did everyone (but me, I somehow snuck in) have to qualify for MENSA to post on KMC/Pirates?! I know I've said it before, however, it bears repeating, what a bright, funny, passionate group of folks all piratistas here be and a joy, loved by our moms and dads! Okay, I'm making my list and checking it twice--then I will proceed to go forward!! so that I too can make nominations for those stories I can't live without--figure if you go back to read them more than three times, you must like 'em some.

Thanks you darlin'--you're a kind and generous teacher/protector, two of the many qualities of Jack I see in folks here. Maybe that's why we are so fascinated, smitten with him what exists in us. Me, I'm the goofy graceful wandering drift (when you move large groups of critters, their movement point a-point b) loving what turns up to delight me. Now there'd be a list, Jack's qualities and who's like him how? Another thread--off now to gather info and learn how to do something new--please grade on the curve, Savvy-teach!

Aw, thanks Tex - I like to think I have my occasional creative/energetic moments, lol big grin I had sooo much fun making up the category names...yeah, got some strange looks from the parents when I was over on the computer typing and chuckling away to myself stick out tongue Fantastic, Tex - I can't wait to see what stories you nominate, you've got such good taste when it comes to fics (or so I've found) smile

You're so sweet! *hugs* Yes, I think you're right about Jack - he is that mentor and protector that I think we'd all love to have and all love to be at the same time, lol. You're not goofy, Tex, at least not in a bad way - we're all pretty goofy on here sometimes cool Ooh, that would be an awesome thread, you should totally start one up Tex big grin

Grade on the curve, lol - love it!

Oh Sif, you don't have to nominate your own stories - you can nominate any story written by any author, as long as Sparrabeth is the main pairing (or at least more than implied wink

PirateDiva
hey Savvy can u nominate more than one story?

savvysparrowluv
Oh, you totally can! You can nominate as many stories as you want, you just can nominate one particular story for more than two categories - e.g you couldn't enter Apprentice to a Sorcerer for Best Smut, Best Epic and Best Liz Pov, just two overall for that one story - savvy?

Here is the rules page: http://community.livejournal.com/sparrabeth_sea/profile

big grin

PirateDiva
ya i read the rules it was just kinda fuzzy to me...lol!!

also u said leave a comment with the nomination...where do i comment?

texgodiva2s
okay Savvy, I know we tried this drill last time--I go to the page above--I go to leave a comment and then I cut and paste the particulars list for nominations and then once I get all the .whatevers and the httpeees then I submit comment and nomination is made? Right or no right?

Aaugh I do not like being stymied!!

savvysparrowluv
Okay....lemme see where the comment button is.... Alright, on the first page that comes up, you click "categories" on the top entry (not the title, of course, the one in parentheses that is bold/underlined). At the bottom of the new page, you click "leave a comment" big grin

Lol, you're doing great Tex, don't sweat it! You've got it perfectly right wink I normally paste the nomination form onto Mircosoft Word a bunch of times, fill in the nomination there then paste it onto the comment space and submit it. Once you hit "post comment" - you've made a nomination big grin Plus, if something isn't correct, we'll let you know and you can resubmit if you wish (that way, all that tedious/hard work doesn't go to waste)

texgodiva2s
TaDa--I'm soooo coool I'm soooo coool--well, just sorta cool but I got it done and in merely minutes and furthermore I got it done! Okay, I just realized another neato thing (lord, I'm lapsing into 60's speak, so sorry)about this KMC--none of you have to hear me sing (like when I wake up and I'm happy, or I've learned something new and I'm happy or fill in the blank, and I'm happy).

My next total enjoyment package is going to include, yes VOTING!! I love to vote, voted every single time I've ever been legal to do so, yep and reading oh yeah, reading more fiction. I'm so naive in some ways that I really believe they will write no more or create vids if I don't post comment--silly right?

Okay, so the internet is this big hugeish large messy library with no card catalouge--I hereby revise my opinion of this nasty necessary evil, maybe it can be fun too. If you're doing it right and playing with the right piratistas, yep makes up for all the stupid chain letters in the world that your friends send you in lieu of a real message. Okay, off topic offically and off to ratkilling with my Mama--she's determined to be busy this holiday and I'm the driver--tanks, chile--congrats on your nom. oh, and smile Miz Sifzensinril (beautiful, that's what I think it means) go ahead on and submit, I'll second if you need one. The more the merrier, yes, I'm selfish--means more for me to read.

savvysparrowluv
Yay, Tex! I saw your nomination, congrats on a job well done big grin big grin big grin *huggie-wuggles* (okay, the huggie-wuggles thing was very random...and...uh...kinda weird...sorry!)

I'm glad you're enjoying the internet, it can be very fun sometimes stick out tongue

Sif! You really should nominate your story if its already posted, big grin

PirateDiva
lol...i want to nominate a fic but i dont know what category to nominate it under...lol!!

hey savvy is it also possible to nominate a story that has already won? or are those disqualified?

savvysparrowluv
You can't nominate a story that has already won into the category that it already won it - does that make any sense at all? Lol

PirateDiva
perfect sense...lol

savvysparrowluv
REMINDER! big grin big grin big grin

Happy Dance You've got until November 30th to nominate fics Happy Dance

Then we'll post the nominated fics and open voting big grin

savvysparrowluv
Happy Dance VOTING IS NOW OPEN!!!! Happy Dance

Pop on over to this link (http://community.livejournal.com/sparrabeth_sea/2833.html#cutid1) and cast your vote!

***Remember***
- Only vote once per category wink
- Use the following format for placing your votes :

Category:
Story Title:
Author:

Let me know if you've got any questions, vote for your favorite fics and read away, mates! big grin

savvysparrowluv
Well, this session of the awards is *over*

Whew, what a wild ride this one was - so many fantastic fics, the voting was close on several categories, hahaha

Okay, hop on over to this link if you want to see the winners and the banners made by yours truly wink

http://community.livejournal.com/sparrabeth_sea/3334.html#cutid1

savvysparrowluv
Hello!

Well, so far the Sparrabth Awards have been a huge success thanks to our wonderful nominators and voters, our previous administrative team and all those fabulous authors out there! (riotous applause)

I've got a couple of announcements to make....

Firstly, the next session of the awards should be starting up sometime in February, so start gathering those fics together for nominations! ^____^

Secondly, I'm currently looking for a co-moderator to help me run the awards. Comment or send me a message if you're interested and let me know what experience (if any) you've got, how much spare time you have to help, and why you want to help run the Sparrabeth Awards.

Thanks so much, everyone! I couldn't have the awards without all of you! smile

willofthewisp
Savvy, if I write something, can I submit it myself, or does someone else need to do that? I have a one-shot and would consider writing another one, but I would want to submit it as an entry. How do you feel about that? I will gladly submit other nominations of works by other people too.

savvysparrowluv
You can nominate it yourself if you'd like, just have a friend of yours on here write a comment that says "I second the nomination of Willothewisp's fic" or something along those lines to make it valid. big grin

willofthewisp
Gotcha, and thanks again for making my sig. I couldn't figure out how to do a signature right below it, so it's in the text under my name.

PirateDiva
YAY!!! More Sparrabeth Awards!!! big grin W0o0o0o Ho0o0o!!

savvysparrowluv
Yup yup!! big grin

I'm still amazed and really excited its done so well, I can't wait to see it grow more over time stick out tongue

Aw, you're welcome Willo, I'm just glad you like it ^____^

willofthewisp
http://www.fanfiction.net/secure/live_preview.php?storyid=4032009

Ladies, this is the one-shot I want to submit, but I want people here to read it. If you feel it is worth nominating for someone, I certainly won't stop you, but if not, please just leave a review. It is a one-shot. I think, if I understand savvy correctly, I can nominate it myself and see if others nominate it as well? I'll see if that works. Thanks. You guys are all so supportive and I'd be happy to return the favor for anyone.

willofthewisp
Okay, I sent a comment and nominated it. If anyone wants to second or third the nomination, please do so. If nothing else, please read.

PirateDiva
I will totally second that notion but I thought Nominations started in February?

savvysparrowluv
Yeah, nominations aren't open yet - sorry for the confusion Willo. I'll post once noms are open, but they won't be open until I can find a co-mod to help me run the awards, its a bit too much to handle on my own, lol.

willofthewisp
lol, that's blonde me for you.

savvysparrowluv
Okay, after a looong break and several interviews, I've finally selected a co-mod to help me run the awards, so we're reopening the awards today!

Run on over to the site (http://community.livejournal.com/sparrabeth_sea/) once the post is up and nominate your heart out! big grin

Thanks for the continued support of the awards! As you know, hit me with any questions you have!

J.P Jaeh_Poole
Willo, darling, I wanna read your fic, but you need to post the story's link, not the one from the live preview.. wink you could also just post the title, and I'll look for it on ff.net... smile

PirateDiva
Woot Woot!! *begins rummaging through files and reads Sparrabeth fics like crazy*

I Have a few I wanna nominate already!! smile

willofthewisp
Bless you, Jaeh, for setting me straight. Here are the titles of my one-shots:

In the Cards
Proposed Arrangements
One or the Other (two chapters but short)

They are all on fanfiction.net under the name willofthewisp. Is there a way to view which stories have one nomination so we can second them? How long is this lasting?

J.P Jaeh_Poole
In the Cards link: http://www.fanfiction.net/s/3555734/1/In_the_Cards

Proposed Arrangements link: http://www.fanfiction.net/s/4032009/1/Proposed_Arrangements

One or the Other link: http://www.fanfiction.net/s/4112213/1/One_or_the_Other

read them all! Great AWEsome stuff Willo!
smile

savvysparrowluv
Sorry about the delay on the noms post girls, it should be up *really* really soon. As for seconding, if the need arises I'll probably make a pending page, but for now I just ask the authors who nominate themselves to choose/ask someone to second the nomination.

The nomination period runs for two weeks, then voting commences and runs for two weeks as well smile

J.P Jaeh_Poole
*raises hand* can I nominate my own fic? I'm not sure in what category yet, though... but here it is:

http://www.fanfiction.net/s/4094740/1/You_Found_Me
Title- You Found Me, a Sparrabeth songfic- um, one shot.

I dunno, guys, could you read and review while you're at it, too? big grin you know, if only you want to...

savvysparrowluv
Of course you can nominate your fic!! big grin big grin

Hm...may I suggest the Best Oneshot or Best Post AWE category? smile

texgodiva2s
Miz Savvy--doubtless too cool on the upcoming buncha work for you and new lucky co-mod person--do we know 'em? Please extend hearty congrats and atta person to this newbie.

Man, I just loooovvvvvveeee this site becos it's like I get the benefit of eating crackers in bed!! (means I get help finding very cool stuff to read--I know we've kinda had this ongoing here at KMC--just sharpens the edge of the blade donchaknow?) Thanks Miz Savvy and congrats to all noms--Miz WilloftheWisp, I'm reading soon come. eek! Happy Dance

savvysparrowluv
No, she's someone from the LJ fandom - she's an AMAZING sparrabeth artist tho, I was blown away by her manips! You can see her site here if you're interested (http://freijo-art.livejournal.com/)

texgodiva2s
Miz Savvy--you are ever so on the money!! Fine as frog hair works by this new person and thanks for sharing!! Awesome--so glad y'all think the way you do and have the ability to make it be in this time and space. Awesome indeed!!

savvysparrowluv
NOMINATIONS ARE NOW OPEN!! big grin big grin big grin

http://community.livejournal.com/sparrabeth_sea/4262.html#cutid1

texgodiva2s
Yea team--and I even know how and I also know what!! OH BOY

katelovespirate
where specifically do we nominate, Savvy? Just leave a comment under the nominations post?

savvysparrowluv
Yup - just comment on the nom post and use this format for nominating:

Title:
Author:
Category:
Rating:
Story Link:
Author Profile Link:
Author's e-mail:

big grinbig grinbig grin

J.P Jaeh_Poole
alrighty.

I think I'm gonna enter mine in the AWE one.

if willo nominates hers, mine'll be pwned. big grin

I think I'm gonna be pwned anyway, but hey, no harm in trying. >.<

texgodiva2s
any new categories--good grief I am just about beside myself becos this means I get the benefit--I get to read what others consider to be good--maybe I've seen them, maybe not--it's exciting. I want those best of the best becos bad grammar and unintelligble sentences just make me want to pull my teeth out with my fingers. Really steams--mostly everything I read last round just fit so nicely--lots of talented people and understand, I'm a point and nominate kinda girl--I already had most of y'all on my list--I'll second if it's required for anyone here in our KMC group--I've not read anything that hasn't given pleasure--wish there was a category so we could nominate the joyous bits that get written here--cos y'all know--it's some funnnnnyyyy stuff.

willofthewisp
The ones that are for the points of view...do they have to be in first person? Or can they just be getting inside one of the character's heads?

I'm so excited about this. Is there a way to view all the nominations and then read them all?

savvysparrowluv
For the POV categories, we prefer it to be in first person - but if you want to submit a fic that gets inside one of their heads we'll review it and see if it would fit into the category and let you know.

Well, we keep the nominations screened for privacy reasons, but all the nominations will be posted on the voting page in two weeks smile

willofthewisp
I know a great story I'd like to nominate, but it's not completed yet. Can it still be nominated?

katelovespirate
Haha I'll second that nom if it's for Vulnerant Omnes--- there's a "best incomplete fic" category that seems perfect. smile

savvysparrowluv
Oh, quick note - if you're seconding - you just need to say something along the lines of "I second the nomination of (story title) by (author pen name)" big grin

Yeah, an incomplete story can be nominated into any category except "best complete fic" and most likely "best oneshot" or "drabble" wink

willofthewisp
Gotcha. I will second nominations as soon as they are posted.

PirateDiva
Haha!! I 3rd that Nominination Willo n Kate! lol Vulnerant Omnes is an amazing story!! HOT HOT HOT!

savvysparrowluv
Wait, is this "Vulnerant Omnes" being posted by the author? If not, then it doesn't need to be seconded. Only fics nominated by the actual author need to be seconded - if thats the case, the author just needs to ask someone to second the fic wink

Sorry if I sound like a broken record, I just got a bit confused and wanted to make sure I everything was out on the table smile

katelovespirate
Well, I've posted a few nominations up. I know there are a few more stories I want to nominate, but I'll get to that later at some point. now if someone wanted to nominate 'wrong decision, right reasons', being my only completed fic, that would be charming, just for publicity's sake.

AND< since we're a forum, and have to watch each other's backs and all, I am a bit behind on which people here have fanfics written and/or underway--- why don't you post the links here again to remind me so I can nominate you? smile I've done Willo's "One or the Other", (brilliant), but I know others here write-- I just forget where they are.

willofthewisp
Savvy, what if a story is nominated by its author and someone else nominates it for another category? Is that seconding? Sorry. I love this idea and I think you've got something really great here and it's so great you have established rules to make things fair and official, but I just wanted to be clear on that.

The people who don't belong to the forum but win for their stories should be notified and given a formal invitation to join us. We need some new blood, don't you think?

katelovespirate
I'm sorry Willo--- did you want your story in a different category?? I can switch it if you prefer--- I was not really familiar with all the categories so it might fit somewhere else better.

willofthewisp
I have no idea about anything. Lol.

savvysparrowluv
If its nominated in a different category, that doesn't count as seconding. But don't worry Willo, you're clear - I seconded the nom on your two stories so its all good wink

willofthewisp
Sweet, thanks.

katelovespirate
oh I didn't realize the comments were all screened! LOL.

PirateDiva
Well Kate I'd love to nominate your fic, I was actually going to nominate your "Legends of the Pirate King" under the incomplete fic...just because I love what u have so far and I havent really read ur other story! But I'll get right on it chief!!

Savvy when does the nomination round end?

savvysparrowluv
It ends March 30th I believe - about two weeks wink

savvysparrowluv
Hey - I'm thinking about nominating my fic "Living in the Memories" in the awards, would someone be interested in seconding me please? smile

Link if you want to read: http://www.fanfiction.net/s/3870255/1/

J.P Jaeh_Poole
I'll second ya mate! just tell me what I have to do.. wink

*reads story*

I've already read this! just forgot what the title was... aww, that story is just too cute to get old! stick out tongue

again, brit, just tell me what i need to do! wink

savvysparrowluv
Awwww, thanks Jaeh. Actually, Kate was a complete doll and nominated it for me so it doesn't need to be seconded now - thanks again both of you! *hugs*

katelovespirate
I can't believe I'd never read that fic before, Savvy. I LOVED IT> It was sooooo adorable.

willofthewisp
http://www.fanfiction.net/s/3532280/1/Forgiveness

Someone want to second this?

savvysparrowluv
Hey all! Just a reminder that today is the *last day* to submit nominations for the awards!! Voting should open in a couple of days big grin

Willo, does it need to be seconded? A fic only needs to be seconded if the author who wrote the fic is the one nominating it.

willofthewisp
Oh! Then never mind, I guess.

savvysparrowluv
VOTING IS NOW OPEN!!! big grin big grin big grin

willofthewisp
Is there a link?

willofthewisp
Never mind, I found it!

texgodiva2s
Okay, probably the wrong spot--and certainly parts of this are pretty right out there, not disney, by the by--however, with that disclaimer comes this urging. Please go read Near Wild Heaven--there's just the beginning up one chapter, but hoooooobaby, what a chapter and you are so going to go--I can't believe he did not kill her on the spot--now to my thinking there's little that would put Jack so out of his mind with rage that he would harm Elisabeth, but goddess love her she hits all three in precious little time. Purt near drop kicks him through the goalposts of life, as it were!! Brings up his Daddy as a "date"--oh my goodness!!

http://fried-flamingo.livejournal.com/93037.html?view=668269#t668269

I've been reading away this evening--now I find I can go vote on the diff categories of the awards oh, boy--but piratistas, I come here only to say...give this reading a whirl--my attention was had and had hard on the wind. Oh, my!!

willofthewisp
Savvy, can we campaign, because "Mr. Sparrow" under the Most Creative Fic category is astoundingly creative. I have never read another one like it and the characterization is so good. If you have a psychological bone in your body, you'll love this fic, and it is hot, hot, HOT, let me tell you.

savvysparrowluv
*nudge*

Just a little voting reminder! big grinbig grin

willofthewisp
Savvy, you might want to advertise your contest on youtube. If you make videos or are friends with people who do, they can come up with some video that advertises it. I come across contest ads all the time, and people who like watching videos usually like reading fan fiction, so that could be a good thing for you. If you need me to vote a whole bunch of times, just say the word!

savvysparrowluv
Ooh, thats a really good idea willo! I just might do that! Thanks smile

savvysparrowluv
TIE-BREAKER!!!

Vote now wink

http://community.livejournal.com/sparrabeth_sea/5104.html

willofthewisp
How exciting! I can't wait to find out the results.

savvysparrowluv
*hides*

I've been a terrible mod for the awards, and I apologize for the wait, but i've FINALLY posted the results for the awards (except for one category, but you can read about that on the site)

Congrats to all who were nominated and those to won, and THANK YOU to everyone for participating!! love

Updated Awards: http://community.livejournal.com/sparrabeth_sea/

PirateDiva
Yay!!! Congrats to all who WON!! smile I have to start reading the 1's i havnt read!! lol

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.