What are trojan horse droppers?

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

busters mum
My AVG virus scanner just picked up 3 trojan horse droppers. If they are quarantined and I also run my Super anti spyware program (free edition) and my Ad Aware SE personal programs will my computer be free of them?

They are connected to a program file so is it likely that a program I just put on the computer had them in it or is it more likely to get something like this from an email..

I scanned the files I had downloaded before installing them (with AVG) from a screensaver site I have bought many screensavers from before. I have never had any trouble with this site before, So hopefully it did not come from there!!!

Or are emails more likely?? If it came through email wouldn't spyware doctor have picked it up?

Utrigita
I would advice you to write the full name of the trojan horses in google seach and then see what comes out. A good way to remove Trojans besides the 3 programs you have mentioned (which is really good choices IMO, are it the free ore the bought version of AVG you have installed???) I would recommend you to get http://www.misec.net/trojanhunter/ trojanhunter ore download Spysweeper I have a test of it here http://anti-spyware-review.toptenreviews.com/. and when you are done remember to remove the backup that Windows automatilly store since Trojans can be hiding there good luck smile

busters mum
Thanks I am downloading the trojan hunter free trial now..

How do I remove the backup that windows automatically stores?

The AVG I have installed is the free version. Is that as good as the bought version? Or are they both the same with less features on the free version? Thanks again.

Utrigita
Originally posted by busters mum
Thanks I am downloading the trojan hunter free trial now..

How do I remove the backup that windows automatically stores?

The AVG I have installed is the free version. Is that as good as the bought version? Or are they both the same with less features on the free version? Thanks again.

Good

rightclick on Computer then property then right under generel there should be something with system regeneration ore something like that the rest is pretty easy, but be sure before remove the backup that the Trojan is actually there, if it is the location should be noted as C: \Systemvolume something along that line.

The brought one is better yes, you can download the payable version here http://www.grisoft.cz/filedir/inst/avgas-setup-7.5.1.36.exe you get 14 days free trial els the best would be to buy Bitdefender.

busters mum
I found 3 more trojans with the trojan hunter program. They were sitting in my Local settings/temp file and my program files\winRAR\Zip and also Program files\winRAR\default.sfx

In one of the trojans the AVG picked up earlier it said some thing about system volume but I have deleted it out of the quarantine now.

So would you recommend I still remove the backup?

Utrigita
I found 3 more trojans with the trojan hunter program. They were sitting in my Local settings/temp file and my program files\winRAR\Zip and also Program files\winRAR\default.sfx

In one of the trojans the AVG picked up earlier it said some thing about system volume but I have deleted it out of the quarantine now.

So would you recommend I still remove the backup?

Aha so you isn't done yet how often do you delete you temporary internet files cookies etc? And remove the Trojans they are normally either a door for a hijacker ore a Rootkit ore keylogger.

Then it should be gone.

No if only one trojan was there and was placed in quarantine and then removed then it shouldn't be required to remove the backup.

But I would like you to run this program and see what it comes up with.

http://www.uploads.ejvindh.net/rootchk.exe

some see it as a Virus but don't worry it isn't.

busters mum
I had a trojan pop up last night when I scanned with AVG again. It was in the System Volume area againl. It was quarantined. Then I went back and scanned with the trojan hunter. It came up with no other trojans.
I ran the uploads.ejvindh program. It came up with 0 hidden processes, 0 hidden services and 0 hidden files. So I take it that is good..

Thanks for your help

Utrigita
I had a trojan pop up last night when I scanned with AVG again. It was in the System Volume area againl. It was quarantined. Then I went back and scanned with the trojan hunter. It came up with no other trojans.
I ran the uploads.ejvindh program. It came up with 0 hidden processes, 0 hidden services and 0 hidden files. So I take it that is good..

Thanks for your help

Thats because it has been quarantined.. it has then been moved from the system volume to your Virus scanner isolated files the vault if you like. Don't delete it because then it will immidiately appear again in the system volume.

It's great normally Trojans leaves Rootkit behinds and believe me yu don't want to get one of those... nasty little devils they are.

Glad I could be of help be free to answear me if you have problems with Virus Trojans Rootkit Keylogger etc. and I will try to assist you the best way possible smile

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.