Crisis Swap!

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

KPrince
This is a vs. thread as you will soon see.
We have seen how Marvel universe's heroes handled the crisis of Civil War, but what if we swapped Marvel's heroes for DC's? What if the DC heroes faced Civil War? What would be the outcomes? For example, if the DC heroes faced civil war, who would be pro-registration and who would be anti-registration? Which side would win, and how?

spetznaz
I would be interested to find out, especially, what side Batman would be in. There are aspects of him that would be pro-registeration (hey, keep a track of all those superheroes ....and think of his past with his files on the Superfolk, plus the whole OMAC/Brother Eye thing). And there are other aspects that would be strongly anti-registeration (distrust of the system, distrust of everything for that matter).

Although if people like (say) Martian Manhunter and the Flash were pro-reg, then it would be easy to round up a good deal of the anti folk (MM scanning the globe, and giving telepathic links to a blitzing Flash ....although that might not even be necessary since MM himself can blitz 97% of the ppl he would come across).

Depending on how the sides are populated, registeration in DC would either be over very quickly, or never succeed at all.

KPrince
Originally posted by spetznaz
I would be interested to find out, especially, what side Batman would be in. There are aspects of him that would be pro-registeration (hey, keep a track of all those superheroes ....and think of his past with his files on the Superfolk, plus the whole OMAC/Brother Eye thing). And there are other aspects that would be strongly anti-registeration (distrust of the system, distrust of everything for that matter).

Although if people like (say) Martian Manhunter and the Flash were pro-reg, then it would be easy to round up a good deal of the anti folk (MM scanning the globe, and giving telepathic links to a blitzing Flash ....although that might not even be necessary since MM himself can blitz 97% of the ppl he would come across).

Depending on how the sides are populated, registeration in DC would either be over very quickly, or never succeed at all.

I agree with the interest in Batman's stance. I wonder about Superman too. Would he be anti- or pro-registration? I doubt that he would exile himself as a third alternative.

KPrince
Plus, I truly believe that Green Arrow would be anti-registration.

Avlon
If I remember correctly, wasn't this issue kind of explored over in Kingdom Come?

KPrince
Originally posted by Avlon
If I remember correctly, wasn't this issue kind of explored over in Kingdom Come?

Somewhat, but didn't Kingdom Come involved older heroes?Nonetheless, if you could pick twenty DC heroes (10 for each side to start with) from their current showings, which side would they choose to support? After you've chosen your 20, what would the outcome of the ensuing battle be?

KPrince
Originally posted by spetznaz

It would probably come down to whether Superman would be pro-reg. It would be easy to say that Wonder Woman by default would be pro-reg, because she revealed her identity to the world, but that was a personal choice, one I don't think she would try to impose on other heroes.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.