Iron Man

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

D-Wag
Iron Man

http://www.apple.com/trailers/paramount/ironman/

Looks entertaining but who knows confused

Robtard
Robert Downey Jr. has great potential in playing Tony Stark, a womanizing alcohol. I look forward to this one, but fear they'll make it craptastic like Fantastic 4.

DARKLORDCAEDUS
I look forward to seeing this.

kodak
Originally posted by Robtard
Robert Downey Jr. Woo

Robtard
Originally posted by kodak
Woo

I can't tell if you're agreeing or being sarcastic... personally, I think he's a great actor, although highly underrated.

Edit: Checked your profile; RDJ is one of yuor favorites too.

Dusty
Downey has been doing the greatest work of his career lately. I have high hopes.

Robtard
Originally posted by Dusty
Downey has been doing the greatest work of his career lately. I have high hopes.

Yeah he has, he did a killer performance in "Kiss, Kiss, Bang, Bang" I thought.

Besides, think of who it could have been... both Nick Cage and Tom "Jumping Monkey" Cruise were initially interested/in talks for the role. Either would be guaranteed shit for this role.

DARKLORDCAEDUS

From what I've seen Iron Man has a lot of potential. Robert Downey, jr, I think was the correct for Tony Stark.

kodak
I can't tell if you're agreeing or being sarcastic... personally, I think he's a great actor, although highly underrated.

Edit: Checked your profile; RDJ is one of yuor favorites too. He is the man, After watching him in Kiss Kiss Bang Bang, i went back and watched some of his older movies, He really is a great actor, and hes only getting better.

Myth
Robert Downey Jr. has great potential in playing Tony Stark, a womanizing alcohol. I look forward to this one, but fear they'll make it craptastic like Fantastic 4.

Bullseye. It looks pretty cool but at the same time I too got a Fantastic Four vibe (especially when he is flying).

H. S. 6
Looks great.

zbucsz
who's gonna be the evil guys in the movie

ragesRemorse
christian bale is taken, Downey is the man

InnerRise
The part that got me the most excited was the "I am Ironman" at the end.

Anata wa wakarimasu ka.....

Impediment
Originally posted by InnerRise

Without even watching the trailet for the first time, I knew that I would hear Black Sabbath. roll eyes (sarcastic)

This looks pretty cool. I, too, got kind've a Fantastic Four vibe.

I bet money that Mandarin will have a part in this. Sam L. Jackson as Nick Fury? I like the fact that the film is going the direction of the Ultimate Universe.

Draco69
It's gonna suck. Sorry. But, this clearly has a "FF" vibe to it. And we all know how that went...

The armour looks great though.

DARKLORDCAEDUS
Originally posted by zbucsz
who's gonna be the evil guys in the movie

I thibk its going to be The Mandarin.

T.M
I think the main villain will be Iron Monger..

The director Jon Favreau said Mandarin's presence would be felt, but probably not be seen.

This looks good though.. I will be seeing it for sure.

Dusty

Although, Cliche'.

InnerRise
Just saw the trailer for a second time on TV and I actually got a chill up the posteriolateral side of my neck at the "I am Ironman" part again and I'm not even a fan of Ironman.

I think it's just for the movie itself........Ironman history aside......b/c I don't now it.

I truly believe that the ending could have went, "I am Ironing" and I would have still gotten excited.

roll eyes (sarcastic)

Nahhh.

Impediment
Originally posted by Draco69
It's gonna suck. Sorry. But, this clearly has a "FF" vibe to it. And we all know how that went...

The FF movies "went" splendidly. They made a shitload of money and two more movies are slated for production. If you didt like the FF movies, then that's your opinion. Personally, I liked them. Liked, not loved.

InnerRise
Originally posted by Impediment
The FF movies "went" splendidly. They made a shitload of money. How well a movie does at the Box Office does not attest to how good or bad the movie actually is.

No matter how good YOU think it was and no matter how much MONEY it brought in at the box office, it's still YOU'RE OPINION that it was good.

ragesRemorse
How well a movie does at the Box Office does not attest to how good or bad the movie actually is.

No matter how good YOU think it was and no matter how much MONEY it brought in at the box office, it's still YOU'RE OPINION that it was good.

I agree, because the fantastic four movies were two piles of shit sprinkled with sugar

Dusty
How well a movie does at the Box Office does not attest to how good or bad the movie actually is.

When he says "Went", he's referring to the successful box office intake. They "went" well.

Hence the "".

He made the points you just made very clearly.

Impediment
When he says "Went", he's referring to the successful box office intake. They "went" well.

Hence the "".

Thank you, Dusty. My point, exactly.

WrestlingBeast
This movie looks really great! It reminds me of the first time I saw the first REAL Transformer trailer! And we all know how well that movie did!

InnerRise

Hence the "".

He made the points you just made very clearly. Obviously not clearly enough.

Dusty
Obviously not clearly enough.

Obviously he did, since I understood.

Just not clear enough for your standards.

Tattoo

Hence the "".

yes

Mairuzu
Obviously not clearly enough.

Probably the first time I havnt seen him put " Anata wa wakarimasu ka..... "

SnakeEyes
I'm very very skeptical about this film. I really like Robert Downey Jr. but Marvel has been known to make a bunch of comic films that aren't up to par. Of course this is subjective, but I'm sure a lot of us would agree on some of the bad Marvel movies (Ghost Rider, Blade Trinity).

I'll obviously wait until I see the film to judge it, but let's just say I'm nervous.

DARKLORDCAEDUS
I believe The Iron Monger and may be hints of The Mandarin are the bad guys in this. However I look forward to seeing this and other comic book movies next summer.

Qapla!.

Mairuzu
I'm most likely going to see it, but i dont know if i'll be pleased...

=Tired Hiker=
Originally posted by Mairuzu
Probably the first time I havnt seen him put " Anata wa wakarimasu ka..... " laughing

=Tired Hiker=
Wow, that looked pretty damn cool. I like how they show the evolution of the suit. When he started flying, I got wood.

InnerRise
Obviously he did, since I understood.

Just not clear enough for your standards. Not really.

Same difference.

Alpha Centauri
I swear the moment that song kicked in I felt all the hype drain out of the trailer.

Too obvious.

-AC

ragesRemorse
Originally posted by Alpha Centauri
I swear the moment that song kicked in I felt all the hype drain out of the trailer.

Too obvious.

-AC

i agree, but i didnt mind hey man nice shot by filter. I appreciate some good rock in comic movie trailer, but Iron man was a bit to obvious.

Mairuzu
Well... why WOULDN'T they put the song...

May be obvious but i thought it was awesome

Robtard
Who the **** cares they used Black Sabbath's "Iron Man" in the preview? It's just a gimmick; it fit well.

Mairuzu
Who the **** cares they used Black Sabbath's "Iron Man" in the preview? It's just a gimmick; it fit well.

exactly

H. S. 6
I'm pretty sure Ozzy himself has confirmed that "Iron Man" is based off the character Iron Man. shifty

superkronick92
I'm pretty sure the villain is Iron Monger, played by Jeff Bridges

Robtard
Originally posted by superkronick92
I'm pretty sure the villain is Iron Monger, played by Jeff Bridges

That's a huge plus... Bridges is a top-notch actor.

laser7455
Do you think the movie is going to be cool?

super pr*xy
i saw the full trailer for the first time on the big screen when i saw hitman, and from what i gather, it will kick all sorts of assage!

Impediment
Please search the forums before making new theads.

Merging.

Toku King
It looks absolutely incredible. This will be THE movie of 2008!

JediSamuraiMRB
Originally posted by Toku King
It looks absolutely incredible. This will be THE movie of 2008!

Don't forget The Dark Knight. Both movies will be THE movie of 2008.

Impediment
I doubt that, on both accounts. erm

SnakeEyes
Originally posted by JediSamuraiMRB
Don't forget The Dark Knight. Both movies will be THE movie of 2008.

The Dark Knight will be leagues ahead of Iron Man.

Impediment
Originally posted by SnakeEyes
The Dark Knight will be leagues ahead of Iron Man.

Nice one. thumb up

Not many people I know realize that a league is a measurement of length, and not depth.

Iron Man, in my opinion, will be good, but, as you said, The Dark Knight will pwnt.

Faith27
I think that this is the largest project that Robert Downey Jr ever had.

JediSamuraiMRB
New Pic of Iron Man...

http://www.comics2film.com/g/displayimage.php?pos=-1156

Impediment
I watched some new trailers at Appletrailers.com and this looks to be not bad at all. Maybe Downey can pull it off after all.

Robtard
He's playing an drunkard playboy, Downey can pull that off without even trying.

Toku King
Actually, I'm a little more psyched for this than Dark Knight. My main reason for seeing Dark Knight will be the Joker. My main reason for Iron Man is virtually everything about the film.

ScarletSpeed
Yeah I think Iron Man will be more exciting, but if i had a choice of just seeing one, I would go see Dark Knight smile.

BruceSkywalker
Pix from Iron Man...

http://www.movieweb.com/news/15/27615.php

Endrict Nuul
Looks great. He's got this role so perfectly he so better pull it off.

Impediment
Isn't Iron Monger going to be the central villain?

Robtard
Si.

FlappingMangera
Having seen all of the trailers, I bet Tony Stark becomes the most popular movie hero of the summer. He pretty much combines everything that's cool: money, women, smarts, a flying suit with rockets. He's basically Bruce Wayne with a sense of humor.

I saw a promo on MTV for a "Be Tony Stark" for a day contest. Minus the kidnapping and metal fragment lodged in Stark's chest, that'd be freakin' sweet. smokin'

Mr Parker
I agree with everything you say.At first I was dreading this movie to be released because hollywood its seems,always finds ways to screw up marvel comic book films in major big ways -a rare exception being Fantastic four 2 -an amazing surpise to me since the first was so horrible,but this one looks to be another one of those rare exceptions of a t marvel comicbook character being made into a great movie that they have done a good job with.From the trailers,it looks awesome which is usually a good sign.I cant believe im saying this because of marvels history of comic to movie films, but Im excited about THIS one.cant wait.

Alpha Centauri
Fantastic Four 2 was one of the single biggest deviations from the comic of ANY Marvel movie adaptation, Parker.

I say that as someone who has followed the comics since he was 8.

-AC

Bardock42
No kidding. FF2 was one amazing pile of crap.

Looking forward to Iron Man though. I enjoy Downey Jr. thoroughly.

Alpha Centauri
I never enjoyed the character or the comics, but I think it will work well as a movie.

-AC

Bardock42
I never enjoyed the character or the comics, but I think it will work well as a movie.

-AC Me neither. I liked the Heroes Reborn take on him, but I never really got into much Marvel after my 12th birthday. Though, recently I am reading some again, namely Moon Knight and Punisher Max. I think it will still be an enjoyable film, much in the same way that Hulk wasn't.

Mr Parker
Originally posted by Bardock42
No kidding. FF2 was one amazing pile of crap.

Looking forward to Iron Man though. I enjoy Downey Jr. thoroughly.

well it had a some exciting moments in it.I guess I liked it mainly because of that and also since it was much better than the first one which I totally hated to the extremes. I honestly thought I would hate FF2 just as much since the first one was so horrible but i looked at the reviews and they pretty much said the same as I did that it was much better than the first.
For the first time ever here,I actually agree with the long over due banned A.C.LOL.I never liked the comic either but think it will work in the movies as well.

Robtard
Iron Man looks better and better with each new tidbit that I see.

Bardock42
Originally posted by Mr Parker
well it had a some exciting moments in it.I guess I liked it mainly because of that and also since it was much better than the first one which I totally hated to the extremes. I honestly thought I would hate FF2 just as much since the first one was so horrible but i looked at the reviews and they pretty much said the same as I did that it was much better than the first.
For the first time ever here,I actually agree with the long over due banned A.C.LOL.I never liked the comic either but think it will work in the movies as well. I have not seen the first, and I only watched the second because I was incredibly bored. So...Reed's dancing...likely the worst scene in movie history.

BruceSkywalker

QFT

WrathfulDwarf
So...Reed's dancing...likely the worst scene in movie history.

This tells me you didn't see Spiderman 3.

Good job. thumb up

=Tired Hiker=
Originally posted by WrathfulDwarf

Good job. thumb up

Oh my God, I actually got embarrassed watching that.

Bardock42

Good job. thumb up I have. Not even comparable. I could pee my pants on Television at the superbowl half time show and it would still be less embarassing than that. Emo Pete was odd, but that's really not in the same league in any way.

Robtard

Good job. thumb up

WTF? Toby's moves were at least humorous, in fact his dancing like John Travolta after he gets the suit was the highlight of the movie. His dancing in the night club was retarded, but still comical.

What Richards did in FF2 was just retarded.

Schecter

yeah, i really dont want to see any more. imho they've give too much away already.

Robtard
Originally posted by Schecter
yeah, i really dont want to see any more. imho they've give too much away already.

I agree.

Movies that I'm really looking forward too, I often ignore all but the initial teaser trailer.

Bardock42
Come on

toH9lNbS-9s

v7mFaYtsZjo

WrathfulDwarf
WTF? Toby's moves were at least humorous, in fact his dancing like John Travolta after he gets the suit was the highlight of the movie. His dancing in the night club was retarded, but still comical.

I was laughing at the movie not with the movie.

Bardock42
I was laughing at the movie not with the movie. Exactly. You were laughing. And with Reed's shit any sensible person was either crying, turning away in fear or vomitting.

WrathfulDwarf
I don't think you understood what I meant....so...k...

Mr Parker
I was laughing at the movie not with the movie.

same here.tobeys moronic john travolta impersonation dancing was far worse than anything Richards did in FF2. roll eyes (sarcastic) not to say Richards was great or anything,but SM3 tops that any day of the year.I didnt think it was possible for SM 3 to be worse than SM1 was since the first one looked like it was written by a 5 year old,but it was.god I hope they end that pitiful sony franchise with sm3 and dont go ahead with another sequal with a new cast and new director.that series needs to be rebooted ala BATMAN BEGINS-the one and only true batman movie.not to get off topic or anything but since SM3 was brought up.

Mr Parker
Exactly. You were laughing. And with Reed's shit any sensible person was either crying, turning away in fear or vomitting.

well the same thing applys to Tobeys shit.that has been the main thing most people have complained about on that movie besides quite a few others.But that complaint comes up more than any of the others though.

Robtard
same here.tobeys moronic john travolta impersonation dancing was far worse than anything Richards did in FF2. roll eyes (sarcastic) not to say Richards was great or anything,but SM3 tops that any day of the year.I didnt think it was possible for SM 3 to be worse than SM1 was since the first one looked like it was written by a 5 year old,but it was.god I hope they end that pitiful sony franchise with sm3 and dont go ahead with another sequal with a new cast and new director.that series needs to be rebooted ala BATMAN BEGINS-the one and only true batman movie.not to get off topic or anything but since SM3 was brought up.

Troglodyte.

Bardock42
I don't think you understood what I meant....so...k... Nah. Sure I did.

Heat_Vision
Looks okay but you never know these days.

Kazenji
SM1 was since the first one looked like it was written by a 5 year old

If your thinking of sam raimi ummmm he did'nt do the script it was
David Koepp who did the script for the first one and Alvin Sargent for the second one so take all your hate on those 2 nstead of sam raimi which you've been doing for the last couple of years.

Toku King

You really need to stop spamming and trolling all of the time.

Anyways, I am so pumped for this flick!

Admiral Akbar
You really need to stop spamming and trolling all of the time.

Anyways, I am so pumped for this flick!

He doesn't spam and troll.

I've learned that becoming too optimistic and excited about a film is a bad thing. Best bet is to walk in with no expectations.

Impediment
So......how about we get back to Iron Man?

Toku King
Originally posted by Admiral Akbar

I've learned that becoming too optimistic and excited about a film is a bad thing. Best bet is to walk in with no expectations.

.......And you learned this by reading him bash every Marvel movie known to man, even though this thread is about Iron Man(which is indeed spamming and trolling)?

Toku King

Sounds good.
So, what does everyone think about Iron Monger being the big bad for this movie? At first, I was incredibly surprised, if not disappointed, but now I think that he's the perfect dent in Stark's armor!

BruceSkywalker
Sounds good.
So, what does everyone think about Iron Monger being the big bad for this movie? At first, I was incredibly surprised, if not disappointed, but now I think that he's the perfect dent in Stark's armor!

Obadiah Stane/Iron Monger should make a great villain. In a few more days, can't wait to see this with my nephew.

Mairuzu
Should be some great fight scenes between the two

=Tired Hiker=
I heard on the radio today that Iron Man got some really good reviews by several critics, not sure who, but that's frickin' titz on Ritz, man.

Toku King
Originally posted by =Tired Hiker=
I heard on the radio today that Iron Man got some really good reviews by several critics, not sure who, but that's frickin' titz on Ritz, man.

According to some reviews, it's the best superhero film since "Batman Begins"!

Morridini
Just got back from watching it.

I'm pretty surprised that it turned out to be so great.

Of course I was hoping, but I never expect too much of a superhero movie, but I think this must be the best one I've seen after Batman Begins.

Mr Parker

Tell that to Toku King.He always ignores you AFTER you say that as evidenced in his next post.

Ironman wise,this movie looks like its actually going to be good from the trailers.Looks like it has some really good special effects in it and some good action as well.

Mr Parker
Originally posted by Admiral Akbar

thanks.exactly.yeah thats so true,getting too excited and optimistic about a film can a lot of times be a bad thing.

ScarletSpeed
I can't help but feel that it will be amazing laughing out loud

ragesRemorse
I heard Iron man flies in the movie. That's cool

Kazenji
Originally posted by ragesRemorse

You see that in the trailer but i'm guessing you never watched it while waiting for the movie to come out

also on iron man i've seen alot of good reviews, The latest empire magazine 4/5 stars and todays paper 4/5 and on the the AUS empire forums which i'm on alot of people give it the same rating and i've read Robert downey jr is good as tony stark.

exanda kane
All the reviews I've seen has been mediocre to the last.

ScarletSpeed
Originally posted by ragesRemorse

The flying sequences are very well done IMOsmile

Kazenji
Originally posted by exanda kane
All the reviews I've seen has been mediocre to the last.

Why should'nt i be surprised from reviewers from england just as harsh when it comes to reviews for the video games.

exanda kane
Engleessh ples.

Admiral Akbar
If you want very hard reviews on movies go to rottentomatoes.com
At times that's a more reliable source then others.

Alpha Centauri
Just got back.

Might as well not have said Downey Jr's name on the poster, it should have said "Tony Stark as Tony Stark.". Arguably the greatest comic to movie capture of a character, ever.

I loved this film. I thought nothing was overdone unless it needed to be, everything was believeable, they never stretched the suspense of belief beyond reasonable lengths often, but when they did, it worked.

Probably my favourite Marvel movie so far.

Stay after the credits if you're a fan of the comics.

-AC

Eon Blue

-AC

Will do.

WrathfulDwarf
I'm here to eat the crow.

It appears Iron Man did deliver...and I guess Marvel finally got it right.

However, this still doesn't excuse the garbage movies from the past. It does prove that they're moving in the right direction.

Well done.

Alpha Centauri
The same people don't make all the movies, so it's slightly unfair to have low hopes for Iron Man just because Fantastic Four was shit.

-AC

MildPossession
Iron Man is getting rather mighty good reviews from what I have read of the movie. What's Paltrow like in it?, I can't stand her and she is the only negative for me with the movie.

WrathfulDwarf
FF wasn't the only shit. I have a list of them.

Alpha Centauri
The same rationale still applies, really.

Mild: She's alright. She does what she does, you know? What I truly loved is the fact that they didn't cop out and have ultra romance. There's more or less no romance. It's hinted at, but even then it's proposed as not being definite. She actually seems like more than the wimpy damsel, which I can say is a plus.

Bridges was amazing as Stane, even if they altered the history a bit. All points go to Downey Jr, though. What a performance.

I still think they should wait until the third for War Machine, because Iron Man is the star, and having two of them is just...null. Well, I won't put it past Jon Favreau to make it work, not now. It'll just seem disproportioned; War Machine AND Iron Man...against The Mandarin?

-AC

RedAlertv2
Cant wait to see this movie, especially with the positive reviews I keep hearing

Admiral Akbar
Wow..I just checked rottentomatoes. Ironman got a 7.5 which is high praise coming from that site. I'm actually interested in seeing it now.

Robtard
Just got back.

Might as well not have said Downey Jr's name on the poster, it should have said "Tony Stark as Tony Stark.". Arguably the greatest comic to movie capture of a character, ever.

I loved this film. I thought nothing was overdone unless it needed to be, everything was believeable, they never stretched the suspense of belief beyond reasonable lengths often, but when they did, it worked.

-AC

Superb. Sounds like it's as good as I thought/hoped it would be. Can't wait.

BruceSkywalker
Just got back.

-AC

I know what happens after the credits

ScarletSpeed
what happensno expression

S_D_J
Just got back.

-AC

I completely agree.

I had my doubts about this movie, but it sure does deliver, Robert Downey Jr. is excellent and spot on as Stark, just as the rest of the cast, though it wouldn't be and overstatement to say Downey overshadows them.

the FX, superb... reminded me a lot of transformer (the suit and all) and I thought the movie flow very well (unlike the first british review I read, which said things moved fast) though I thought it was a bit too long...

love the ending, but since I saw it yesterday, didn't know about the "Scene" after the credits that I was looking forward to (I'm not much of a fan of Iron Man, but I'm big fun of "this" guy), will have to see it again to check it out...

... and next week: Speed Racer!

S_D_J
just saw the scene in youtube... damn

MildPossession
Is that end credits thing the Nick Fury played by Samuel L Jackson part

S_D_J
Originally posted by MildPossession
Is that end credits thing the Nick Fury played by Samuel L Jackson part

yes, it is.

Robtard
Hmmm... if that movie ever gets made, I can't imagine it will be very good with SJ as the role. I can't see him doing comics.

Alpha Centauri
I think he's only ever guest in an Avengers movie.

-AC

Robtard
If it doesn't get made, we do have the David Hasselhoff version.

S_D_J
If it doesn't get made, we do have the David Hasselhoff version.

crylaugh

Micheal_Myers
Just got back, and I just have to say, that movie ****in ruled. END!

Fallen
just saw it. AMAZING! i

its my personal favorite marvel movie thus far.

as far as i am concerned, robert downey jr. was literally born into this world to play the role of tony stark.

i encourage everyone to see this movie.

Kazenji
FF wasn't the only shit. I have a list of them.

Yea alot from the Tim story and Mark steven johnson bandwagon for the marvel movies.

T.M
Was released today here.. going to see it in afew hours.

MildPossession
All I was thinking about when I saw the clip was his role of Frozone in The Incredibles...

Mr Parker
I'm here to eat the crow.

It appears Iron Man did deliver...and I guess Marvel finally got it right.

However, this still doesn't excuse the garbage movies from the past. It does prove that they're moving in the right direction.

Well done.

Wow Dwarf if YOU liked it,it MUST be a great film.yeah hopefully with their mistakes they made in the past, they have learned from them and their finally now starting to move forward in the right direction. But yeah your right on that,thats 100% true,thats STILL no excuse for their garbage movies made in the past. mad I was elated to see that they cast jeff Bridges in this movie.Im a big fan of his,he's a really good actor.

Alpha Centauri
They haven't made them. Blame the people making them.

Blame Tim Story, Mark Steven Johnson, people like that. Don't blame the people who actually gave us the characters.

Blame yourself for going to see them.

-AC

WrathfulDwarf
They haven't made them. Blame the people making them.

Blame Tim Story, Mark Steven Johnson, people like that. Don't blame the people who actually gave us the characters.

Blame yourself for going to see them.

-AC

You really don't have to defend them. You gain nothing with that....

Bardock42
You really don't have to defend them. You gain nothing with that.... You really don't have to attack them. You gain nothing with that...

WrathfulDwarf
You really don't have to attack them. You gain nothing with that...

Yes I can!

I'm a consumer and pay for this stuff. I'm entitled to my critique.

So take that!

RedAlertv2
Most likely gonna see this movie tonight, Im pumped

Mr Parker
Yes I can!

So take that!

damn straight.

you can blame the directors for the horrible casting choices they make like an older actor that played johnny storm than whoever the girl was that played sue storm who you can tell is younger than the actor that played johnny storm,or the casting choice of whats her name for sue storm since she did not look the part at all.but as far as the films themselves,if they are horribly written, which most of them usually are,well you cant blame the directors for that,thats the screenwriters fault. People always seem to get the wrong idea about you Dwarf that you hate marvel comicbook characters just because hollywood screwed up their MOVIES and betrayed their character like they have with most of them. roll eyes (sarcastic) they dont get it that you love their characters they created,just that hollywood has screwed up their MOVIES on them most the time. roll eyes (sarcastic)

but thats kinda your fault dwarf because I never see you bash the burton/schumacher batman movies which deserve to be bashed since as we have talked about before,Batman Begins is the one and ONLY true batman movie that shouldnt be burned.so lets see some DC bashing of THOSE films from you Dwarf. big grin

Mr Parker
Originally posted by Fallen
just saw it. AMAZING! i

its my personal favorite marvel movie thus far.

as far as i am concerned, robert downey jr. was literally born into this world to play the role of tony stark.

i encourage everyone to see this movie.

thats very encouraging to hear.I'm gonna see it this weekend.

Alpha Centauri
Yes I can!

So take that!

"You don't have to attack them, you gain nothing from that...", "Yes I can!". Doesn't make sense, do you know why? I'll tell you.

He didn't say you can't critique them, he didn't even say you can't attack them, he simply said you DON'T HAVE to attack them, there's a big difference. I think attacking people for making a poor movie is ridiculous and sad.

A little more reading, a little less knee-jerk.

That said, at least you don't have eight year long personal vendettas against movies or companies...like some.

-AC

WrathfulDwarf

That said, at least you don't have eight year long personal vendettas against movies or companies...like some.

-AC

You don't know me too well AC.

I haven't read Marvel comics since 1995.

Well, actually not true. I did read Marvel Knights and just kept updated on events.

Alpha Centauri
Why? That's not personal, they didn't kill a family member.

They stopped making comics you enjoyed so you stopped reading. Why is that anything to get personal over? Sadness.

I was more referring to the actions of promoting your sheer, gut-churning hatred for a single movie for the stupidest reasons, like someone who posted in this thread.

-AC

Endrict Nuul
You really don't have to attack them.

You guys have no right to attack WD!!!!! because he voiced his opinion, he wasn't attacking them.

He has every right to say the past Marvel movies sucked and currently they are moving into the right direction. It's WD's hard earned cash he used on those movie tickets/rental and it's his opinion to say the past movies did suck.

I agree with him because I used my money to watch those shitty Marvel films also.

Bardock42
Originally posted by Endrict Nuul
You guys have no right to attack WD!!!!! because he voiced his opinion, he wasn't attacking them.

He has every right to say the past Marvel movies sucked and currently they are moving into the right direction. It's WD's hard earned cash he used on those movie tickets/rental and it's his opinion to say the past movies did suck.

I agree with him because I used my money to watch those shitty Marvel films also. You do happen to be an idiot, right?

Yes I can!

So take that!

Yes, but it gains you nothing, except for the exact same thing that AC gains in defending them.

Also, notice how I didn't say you "can't" attack them, but that you don't have to.

SpaceMonkey
Actually, I thought anyone could say anything they wanted here. Why is someone's opinion being attacked? Just curious.

Endrict Nuul
You do happen to be an idiot, right?

Yes, but it gains you nothing, except for the exact same thing that AC gains in defending them.

Also, notice how I didn't say you "can't" attack them, but that you don't have to.

You're the idiot and not me.

Endrict Nuul
Originally posted by SpaceMonkey
Actually, I thought anyone could say anything they wanted here. Why is someone's opinion being attacked? Just curious.

Exactly the point!!!

WrathfulDwarf
Why? That's not personal, they didn't kill a family member.

They stopped making comics you enjoyed so you stopped reading. Why is that anything to get personal over? Sadness.

I was more referring to the actions of promoting your sheer, gut-churning hatred for a single movie for the stupidest reasons, like someone who posted in this thread.

-AC

They kill the fan in me. That's a crime in my book. They didn't stop making the comics I like. They stop making sense. You do know there is a difference between a fan and a fanatic, right? If not, I'll explain it to you.

A fan can be critical, observant, and known the character much longer than the writers even possibly the creator.

A fanatic (or in other terms "fanboy) is an idiot with no common sense that sucks up EVERYTHING and have no common sense or even a critical point of view. That's sadness.

In conclusion....an a very arrogant and demanding geek. Counter argue that...

I gain support by other fans who happen to agree with me. So.... Nah-nah-nah! In yo face!

Originally posted by SpaceMonkey
Why is someone's opinion being attacked? Just curious.

The Best Answer: Fanboyism.

<< THERE IS MORE FROM THIS THREAD HERE >>