Beowulf runs the Gauntlet

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

braz
Beowulf from his new movie. He gets his dagger, sword and armor available. Hes young, in his prime.

The fights on land are in Denmark.

1. King Leonidas

2. Batman(Begins)

3. Achilles(movie)

4. Blade-katana only

5. 5 Sea monsters

6. 25 Spartans

7. Hercules

8. Thor

braz
I say he gets all the way to Hercules.

Gecko4lif
I say spartans

Ouallada
He would probably get to Hercules pretty easily.

braz
Originally posted by Gecko4lif
I say spartans

Naw, he'd slay the Spartans. The guy pretty much made sea monsters into sword fodder.

JediSamuraiMRB
Stops at King Leonidas.l

iceman24567
Originally posted by JediSamuraiMRB
Stops at King Leonidas.l Agreed and if he beats him he gets pwned by Achilles.

Violent2Dope
Gets to Herc.

braz
Stops at King Leonidas.l

Leonidas is badass, but he aint beatin Beowulf. Have u seen the movie or read the epic poem to get an idea of what he can do?

srankmissingnin
Thats' a pretty big jump from the Spartans to Herc... its like going form 5 to five million.

Beowulf owns everyone up to Herc easily.

Accel
Movie Beowulf didn't seem quite as uber as regular Beowulf to me. Didn't the classic version casually carry Grendel's arm when it took four other men to carry the same arm?

JediSamuraiMRB
Originally posted by braz
Leonidas is badass, but he aint beatin Beowulf. Have u seen the movie or read the epic poem to get an idea of what he can do?

Hey Braz, I've seen Beowulf, but I still doubt he can beat King Leonidas.

srankmissingnin
Hey Braz, I've seen Beowulf, but I still doubt he can beat King Leonidas.

Beowulf's acrobatics in the great hall when he was fighting Grendal were faaaaaaaaaaaaar more impressive then any thing Leonidas did (aka a whole lot of nothing)... and that was the least impressive feat Beowulf had in the movie. Look at his fight with the Seamonsters for christ sake; what in 300 made you think Leo could compete with that?

braz
Originally posted by srankmissingnin
Beowulf's acrobatics in the great hall when he was fighting Grendal were faaaaaaaaaaaaar more impressive then any thing Leonidas did (aka a whole lot of nothing)... and that was the least impressive feat Beowulf had in the movie. Look at his fight with the Seamonsters for christ sake; what in 300 made you think Leo could compete with that?

co-signed.

Galan007
Originally posted by Accel
Didn't the classic version casually carry Grendel's arm when it took four other men to carry the same arm? yes

Ouallada
The Beowulf from the poem was a completely perfect hero, in the most two-dimensional sense of the word. The movie one was weaker, but much more realisitc by today's moral standards though.

D-Block
Originally posted by Accel
Movie Beowulf didn't seem quite as uber as regular Beowulf to me. Didn't the classic version casually carry Grendel's arm when it took four other men to carry the same arm?

I haven't seen the movie but I have read the poem and in the poem Beowulf also wrestled Grendel matching his strength and ripped his arm off IIRC it's been a while since I read it.

braz
Originally posted by D-Block
I haven't seen the movie but I have read the poem and in the poem Beowulf also wrestled Grendel matching his strength and ripped his arm off IIRC it's been a while since I read it.

Yeah, he did, Im pretty sure. I read Beowulf last year, my Senior year in highschool(one reason I was excited about this), and not to mention a short novel titled Grendel about him too and his internal conflicts and yeah he was able to pwn Grendel in h2h pretty much, and IIRC I think he ripped off both of his arms sending Grendel crying back to his mother. laughing Which later he bled to death. Pretty uber.

llagrok
Originally posted by srankmissingnin
Thats' a pretty big jump from the Spartans to Herc... its like going form 5 to five million.

Beowulf owns everyone up to Herc easily.

Agreed

emporerpants
beowulf rocks everyone till he gets to herc.

D-Block
Originally posted by braz
Yeah, he did, Im pretty sure. I read Beowulf last year, my Senior year in highschool(one reason I was excited about this), and not to mention a short novel titled Grendel about him too and his internal conflicts and yeah he was able to pwn Grendel in h2h pretty much, and IIRC I think he ripped off both of his arms sending Grendel crying back to his mother. laughing Which later he bled to death. Pretty uber.

Good looking out. He gets to Herc.

DestinyGuy678
I dont think he can beat blade

Barbarian Shams
Blade's only had the pleasure of killing vampires, creatures I don't think are quite as strong as the monsters that Beowulf has slain. I couldn't picture Blade killing the Dragon that Beowulf took on at the end of the movie.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.