Ring Slingers vs. Psy Twins

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

id369

id369

leonidas
as a basis for comparison, how would your psi's compare to god-like cable, who was wasted handily by ss? they would have to be a good deal more powerful imo, to make it a match. course, i'm of the opinion that an elite gl is very comparable to the ss . . .

Soljer
I would give this to the ring slingers, and fairly easily.

id369
Originally posted by leonidas
as a basis for comparison, how would your psi's compare to god-like cable, who was wasted handily by ss? they would have to be a good deal more powerful imo, to make it a match. course, i'm of the opinion that an elite gl is very comparable to the ss . . .

Well, we must keep in mind that much was taking place prior to the encounter with Silver Surfer.

I mean even before, Silver Surfer, his encounter with Six Pack & X-Men. It was shown he was already weaken when he detonated the missiles aimed at providence.

From the recent showing, in GL Corps. It seems that the Gls would be drained of their energy, if they attempted the grand multitasking feats Cable did.

leonidas
maybe, but ss still beat him pretty easily. gotta the gl's take this for a very solid majority.

id369
maybe, but ss still beat him pretty easily. gotta the gl's take this for a very solid majority.

Well lets see, a Serious Silver Surfer takes on an already weaken Cable. And does not put him down, until Cable tires out unable to defend. This merits an easy win?

Soljer
Originally posted by id369

From the recent showing, in GL Corps. It seems that the Gls would be drained of their energy, if they attempted the grand multitasking feats Cable did.

That avenue is arguable indeed.

But power and stamina are not necessarily directly related. Your average handgun can fire many more times than a hydrogen fusion device, but which is capable of more destruction?

id369

Soljer

id369
Originally posted by Soljer
Sure. And stamina matters, but as far as their peak outputs go, I'd say that Lanterns have a clear advantage.

Peak outputs hm... How do you want to measure the peak outputs? Remember recent showings (post rebirth).

id369
Hold on, why not take this to the battlzone? You game Soljer?

Mr. Slippyfist

leonidas
Well lets see, a Serious Silver Surfer takes on an already weaken Cable. And does not put him down, until Cable tires out unable to defend. This merits an easy win?

not sure how you're defining serious but a 'serious' ss could have taken out the planet WITH cable on it. in any event, i still don't see how the psi's win this.

pretty much. erm

id369
Originally posted by Mr. Slippyfist
Cool beans...

So, Hal can put a beam through Parallax's head, and Sin can own Ion. smile

They still win, even with current feats.

Ion was not operating in his classic levels. Same with Parallax, and I believe Hal had assistance that time.

But Thundra blowing up from an energy overload, and Cable smashing the Surfers merits praise.

not sure how you're defining serious but a 'serious' ss could have taken out the planet WITH cable on it. in any event, i still don't see how the psi's win this.

How can you not define Surfer serious. I have read up on Norrin, and he is clearly a pacifist that likes to take names and talk things out. Yet this was not his intention, he came with a clear mission to render Cable harmless. Taking actions, not regularly seen in character.

Soljer
Hold on, why not take this to the battlzone? You game Soljer?

Nope. I'm fairly certain you can find a more competent debater than me - not to mention the fact that finals are coming up very soon and I'm the second-administrator of the current tournament.

Mr. Slippyfist
Ion was not operating in his classic levels. Same with Parallax, and I believe Hal had assistance that time.

But Thundra blowing up from an energy overload, and Cable smashing the Surfers merits praise.
Ion is still more powerful than an average GL IMO.

In the same story, it took Spectre to overpower Parallax earlier. no expression
Hal was able to melt the skin of his face off on his own, and then put a beam through his head to set up a five on one attack.

Also, Hal owned Sinestro...

id369
Ion is still more powerful than an average GL IMO.

In the same story, it took Spectre to overpower Parallax earlier. no expression
Hal was able to melt the skin of his face off on his own, and then put a beam through his head to set up a five on one attack.

Also, Hal owned Sinestro...
But Spectre was attempting to separate the entity from Hals body.
Not necessarily a fight, and from the recent showings of Paralax this is really low showings of Specter. Adding on that this is the same, Hal that had trouble with Shark mutant? confused

Mr. Slippyfist - Do you want to make this into a battlezone match?

Mr. Slippyfist
But Spectre was attempting to separate the entity from Hals body.
Not necessarily a fight, and from the recent showings of Paralax this is really low showings of Specter. Adding on that this is the same, Hal that had trouble with Shark mutant? confused Still, he has to overpower Parallax.

Spectre overpowered him pretty swiftly, but it's the thought that counts. What are the recent showings of Parallax as well, that would make this a low feat?
It's not like Classic P never had low showings... ermm

Was that after 'Rebirth'?

id369
Edit - nevermind

leonidas

How can you not define Surfer serious. I have read up on Norrin, and he is clearly a pacifist that likes to take names and talk things out. Yet this was not his intention, he came with a clear mission to render Cable harmless. Taking actions, not regularly seen in character.

ss is not ALWAYS a pacifist . . . but you're right -- a clear intent to render him harmless, not destroy him. ss has been depicted as angry and not holding back on only a few occasions, but he is clearly capable of planetary levels of destruction should he so choose. the other thing is, ss was never, for a moment, in any real danger in the fight. i'm just not sure the psi-guys have enough offense to put down these gl's.

again, the premise only holds if you are willing to compare elite gl's and the ss.

id369

id369

Mr. Slippyfist

id369
Didn't a rookie Hal KO him?
Didn't Kyle stalemate him (although there might have been circumstances I forgot)?

Zero Hour Parallax? That was Hal, absorbing the energies of the OA central battery (Me thinks, not entirely sure). With his new found powers, and apparently change in personality he took up the name Parallax. (before the retcone took place).

And during the events of Zero Hour it took Spectre direct intervention, for anything to happen. Prior to Zero Hour I have no clue.

id369
leonidas lets Battlezone this match smokin'

Mr. Slippyfist
Zero Hour Parallax? That was Hal, absorbing the energies of the OA central battery (Me thinks, not entirely sure). With his new found powers, and apparently change in personality he took up the name Parallax. (before the retcone took place).

And during the events of Zero Hour it took Spectre direct intervention, for anything to happen. Prior to Zero Hour I have no clue.
I don't remember the circumstances, but I do know Hal reamed him.
I think he came from the past though.

Also, Zero Hour Parallax is still 'Classic', so I can't see what adding the Zero Hour does...

id369
I don't remember the circumstances, but I do know Hal reamed him.
I think he came from the past though.

Also, Zero Hour Parallax is still 'Classic', so I can't see what adding the Zero Hour does...
I doubt it was Hal, Hal was Parallax through out Zero Hour events. That I am sure off.

I think it was my behalf, to set it strait. That current Parallax is hardly Classic Parallax level.

Mr. Slippyfist
I doubt it was Hal, Hal was Parallax through out Zero Hour events. That I am sure off.

I think it was my behalf, to set it strait. That current Parallax is hardly Classic Parallax level. Definitely Hal.
He came from the past I believe, and it was rookie Hal vs Parallax.

Perhaps. But I'm just saying that it's not like Classic doesn't have "bad" feats.

id369
Definitely Hal.
He came from the past I believe, and it was rookie Hal vs Parallax.

Perhaps. But I'm just saying that it's not like Classic doesn't have "bad" feats.
Well their you have it. A simple clarification was water down to a Parallax topic.

Lets talk telepathy, the Lanterns shields are not absolute. And Telepathy seems to be one of the Psi twins strong points. Reading through, it seems to be an effective weapon, if a mind swipe was to take place.

Mr. Slippyfist
Well their you have it. A simple clarification was water down to a Parallax topic.

Lets talk telepathy, the Lanterns shields are not absolute. And Telepathy seems to be one of the Psi twins strong points. Reading through, it seems to be an effective weapon, if a mind swipe was to take place. I know Hal has had to take his shield down to let someone read his thoughts before...

id369
I know Hal has had to take his shield down to let someone read his thoughts before...

Um, yes Green Lantern #4. But it was a severely weaken Hector, with restrains. Yet in issue 6, it was thanks to Hector telepathic intrusion that Hal woke up. Leading to my belief that, the ring while versatile. Are not absolute great at everything.

Mr. Slippyfist
Um, yes Green Lantern #4. But it was a severely weaken Hector, with restrains. Yet in issue 6, it was thanks to Hector telepathic intrusion that Hal woke up. Leading to my belief that, the ring while versatile. Are not absolute great at everything. Hal was out when he woke him up...
While weakened, but it's still a feat of defense...

id369
Hal was out when he woke him up...
While weakened, but it's still a feat of defense...

But the shields remain up until, Hal consciously unarms them. Yet Hector managed to establish a telepathic link with Hal. A few matters have to be factored in.

1) Is Hector, Nate & Nathan level.

2) Nate, and Nathan have several occasion overcoming Telepaths. And in Nate case, overcoming Telepathic shielding.

So does the GL/SC rings really provide sufficient protection from telepathic assault?

Mr. Slippyfist
But the shields remain up until, Hal consciously unarms them. Yet Hector managed to establish a telepathic link with Hal. A few matters have to be factored in.

1) Is Hector, Nate & Nathan level.

2) Nate, and Nathan have several occasion overcoming Telepaths. And in Nate case, overcoming Telepathic shielding.

So does the GL/SC rings really provide sufficient protection from telepathic assault? They certainly didn't seem up there.

Also, I thought the shields only came up, if the wearer put them up, or the wearer was in harm's way (or something along those lines)... Hal wasn't in either case.
The ring's protection is also pretty inconsistent...

Most likely not.

Nice.

Maybe, maybe not.

id369

id369
ss is not ALWAYS a pacifist . . . but you're right -- a clear intent to render him harmless, not destroy him. ss has been depicted as angry and not holding back on only a few occasions, but he is clearly capable of planetary levels of destruction should he so choose. the other thing is, ss was never, for a moment, in any real danger in the fight. i'm just not sure the psi-guys have enough offense to put down these gl's.

again, the premise only holds if you are willing to compare elite gl's and the ss.
Ok granted Surfer has planet wrecking feats, and more.
And maybe the planet would have bin destroyed if it was not populated. However, as its shown with the recent Annihilation series. Surfer does not have to wreck planets to fight seriously. And Surfer will fight serious, yet not intentionally take lives.

Look at Galactus & Surfer vs. the Primordial Gods, the planet was still left standing and intact.

starlock
Instinct tells me the psi- twins win this

I have not seen enough proof that the rings will stop nates telepathy from taking over their minds, i really dont see a long hard match here, but hey its just me

If i was shown consistant proof of the protection the rings can provide it would help, i just dont see the GL's winning this, but thats the fun of this site

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.