Ryu Hayabusa vs Kadaj, Loz, Yazoo

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Terryc250
Can Ryu take on the three silver haired men?

Csdabest
He takes it blind folded.

Sado-sama
Originally posted by Csdabest
He takes it blind folded. I love this guy! laughing

For sake of time I'm just going to say that the remnants take this 70%. It is definitely possible for Ryu to take this considering what he's faced before. Having to fight Nicchae, Ishtaros, and Marbus consecutively while fending off against fiends is no easy feat.

For the record Ryu can move about as fast as Loz just so everyone knows. This video is somewhat long so anyone who bothers to watch this scroll to 7:00.iWvs3b4BbCc

Terryc250
Havent seen a video where he moves as fast as Loz =\ btw thats gameplay..

lol ur joking right

anyway, i think the team wins

Csdabest
Do yall think im joking?

Sado-sama
Who cares if it's gameplay. He doesn't have that many speed showings in cutscenes. roll eyes (sarcastic)

Not to mention he moves just as fast in the PS3 version. Are we going to discount that too? laughing out loud

Never mind the fact he can teleport in battle.

Csdabest
Ryu takes on larger numbers in each fight. I'd like to see Kadaj, Loz, and Yazoo run up against a couple of Berserkers.

Sado-sama
Screw this..

Terryc250
Originally posted by Sado-sama
Who cares if it's gameplay. He doesn't have that many speed showings in cutscenes. roll eyes (sarcastic)

Not to mention he moves just as fast in the PS3 version. Are we going to discount that too? laughing out loud

Never mind the fact he can teleport in battle.

gameplay isnt a reliable source of how fast the character is, its not portrayed accurately, for example, ganondorf is extremely slow, cloud stays in one spot and takes turns attacking, etc

Your point? The 3 guys arent just large numbers..

Superboy Prime
Originally posted by Terryc250
gameplay isnt a reliable source of how fast the character is, its not portrayed accurately, for example, ganondorf is extremely slow, cloud stays in one spot and takes turns attacking, etc

True but Hayabusa has not been portrayed to be slow in any cutscenes either, so we really have no actual evidence to suggest he can't move at that speed. Know what I mean?

Csdabest

Your point? The 3 guys arent just large numbers..

Im saying Ryu took on large numbers of being equally skilled and as powerful as him. Enemies that would own Yazoo, Loz, or Kadaj in a solo fight. Fighting Loz, Yazoo, and Kadaj would be like fighting three spider ninjas.

Terryc250
umm no.. each one of the silver haired men are comparable to cloud, and IMO, cloud > ryu, Loz is just as fast and strong as Ryu, Kadaj is the most skilled of the three, add Yazoo with his guns and its overkill, theese guys also r capable of working well as a team, not to mention the durability on these guys are insane, to beable to withstand an enormous TNT explosion

Violent2Dope
ganondorf is extremely slow You'd better be talking about gameplay.

Team wins.

Csdabest
umm no.. each one of the silver haired men are comparable to cloud, and IMO, cloud > ryu, Loz is just as fast and strong as Ryu, Kadaj is the most skilled of the three, add Yazoo with his guns and its overkill, theese guys also r capable of working well as a team, not to mention the durability on these guys are insane, to beable to withstand an enormous TNT explosion

They are not comparable to cloud and since when has Cloud been better than Ryubusa. Only thing he has is his uber materia. take that away and cloud, no matter how much pis is not seeing Ryu. Ryu has seen everything these guys can throw at him and more.Gun fire is cannon fodder. The biggest threat hear is Kadaj cuz he has some sword Skill. yazoo is somewhat of a threat. This fight will be just like Ryubusa fighting three suped up black spider Ninja.

Ryubusa takes this 6/10

fascistcrusader
Ryu could probably take them all three at once, however he would wail on them one on one.

Terryc250
They are not comparable to cloud and since when has Cloud been better than Ryubusa. Only thing he has is his uber materia. take that away and cloud, no matter how much pis is not seeing Ryu. Ryu has seen everything these guys can throw at him and more.Gun fire is cannon fodder. The biggest threat hear is Kadaj cuz he has some sword Skill. yazoo is somewhat of a threat. This fight will be just like Ryubusa fighting three suped up black spider Ninja.

Ryubusa takes this 6/10

And what about Loz? Hes basically a speed tank with alot of strength.. Ayane is able to hold her own against Ryu for awhile, and IMO Tifa >/= Ayane, Loz pretty much one shotted her he was able to knock down a giant enormous tree with a punch, add that strength with super speed and durabiliity and u have a threat for sure. Without PIS or anything, Loz would definately give Ryu a run for his money.

Sado-sama
Cloud taking turns in a game does not explain why speed in gameplay is invalid. erm

Nor is Ganon being slow in gameplay seeing as if he's been shown going faster at a different point in game or in a cutscene, he is capable of going that quickly. Fast people can move slow also you realize. erm

If you want to say Ryu doesn't move as fast as what's shown in the video, you might as well argue the Flying Swallow and Storm of the Heavenly Dragon (moves he has) don't exist. erm

And unlike a turn-based game Ninja Gaiden is in 100% real-time.

Terryc250
So is Zelda supposedly, im just saying gameplay speed isnt always reliable, because its not how the character actually fights, the designers of the game usually put it at a certain speed thats fun/playable.

Violent2Dope
Well. if Ganon was made fast in gameplay, he would prolly be too hard, as he already trumps Link in strength in gameplay, and is shown to be faster than Link as well. Ryu CAN move that fast dude, Flying Swallow is a be-all end-all ultimate move of coolness(IMO), I cannot accept it being nonexistant. Also, Ayane is NOTHING to Ryu.

Sado-sama
Originally posted by Violent2Dope
Well. if Ganon was made fast in gameplay, he would prolly be too hard, as he already trumps Link in strength in gameplay, and is shown to be faster than Link as well. Ryu CAN move that fast dude, Flying Swallow is a be-all end-all ultimate move of coolness(IMO), I cannot accept it being nonexistant. Also, Ayane is NOTHING to Ryu. An armed Ryu. She's fast and can teleport as well.

Csdabest
And what about Loz? Hes basically a speed tank with alot of strength.. Ayane is able to hold her own against Ryu for awhile, and IMO Tifa >/= Ayane, Loz pretty much one shotted her he was able to knock down a giant enormous tree with a punch, add that strength with super speed and durabiliity and u have a threat for sure. Without PIS or anything, Loz would definately give Ryu a run for his money.

Just because Loz is the fastest fighter in FFVIIAC doesnt mean he matches Ryu speed. His moves and speed are quite similar to the Black Spider Ninjas while fighting. Ryu is fast on his own. Look at the DOa4 trailler and look at his sprint. Also No Ayane cant hold her own Aginst a ryubusa. Thats like saying you can take a ungloved hit from Mike Tyson with him swing putting all his weight and strength into it. Ryu would wtf pwn Ayane because she is just an ally. If she wasnt he would of had the right to kill Ayane right there after Murai.

Sado-sama
Lol at the last sentence. stick out tongue

The Black Spider Clan has not shown speed on par with Loz' as far as I'm concerned. Ryu, has, and the gameplay argument doesn't work seeing it's not a game glitch that he goes as fast as he does when performing ultimate attacks, or the Flying Swallow (for the record, the speed of the enemies in the game have been demonstrated in cutscenes, as in the cutscene showing the three dragon fiends as well as other types of fiends, including the fiend clone of Hayabusa who has demonstrated equal speed to Ryu, so why is gameplay speed not allowed when it goes accurately with cutscene speed in this case?).

And let's not forget teleporting and ninpo (see opening post) Inazuma and Inferno (as of Ninja Gaiden 2) will be very affective against 3 opponents. erm

The remnants take this 62% IMO.

Csdabest
Originally posted by Sado-sama
An armed Ryu. She's fast and can teleport as well.

un armed to. Jusr for story that she is even able to touch him. Which sucks.

Sado-sama
Well I'm not going to debate that. I had a long debate with StyleTime about that and he was arguing for Ayane and I for Ryu. I became a little different after that.

Csdabest
Actually if you watch them fight. You will see how fast they really are. Which are insanely fast. Ingame they can catch a jogging Ryu with their speed. For some reason Ryu doesnt enjoy sprinting in game. He is a pansy.

3 black spider ninjas would give a present a huge problem for the trio.

Sado-sama
They are annoying indeed...how about the the ones with the fire blades and the stupid floating teleporting ones with forks and ninpo and pussy moans...haha I'd like to see the three run a gauntlet of 100 ninjas in the mission mode. stick out tongue

Ryu would stand a very small chance against that in a real situation.

Terryc250
Just because Loz is the fastest fighter in FFVIIAC doesnt mean he matches Ryu speed. His moves and speed are quite similar to the Black Spider Ninjas while fighting. Ryu is fast on his own. Look at the DOa4 trailler and look at his sprint. Also No Ayane cant hold her own Aginst a ryubusa. Thats like saying you can take a ungloved hit from Mike Tyson with him swing putting all his weight and strength into it. Ryu would wtf pwn Ayane because she is just an ally. If she wasnt he would of had the right to kill Ayane right there after Murai.

Thats just all speculation IMO, Ryu Hayabusa should be atleast almost close to DOA fighters level, or else why would they even put him in the game if hes able to just one shot everyone.

Csdabest
Thats just all speculation IMO, Ryu Hayabusa should be atleast almost close to DOA fighters level, or else why would they even put him in the game if hes able to just one shot everyone.

Why would the put Shin Akuma in Street Fighter. Why would they put Devil Jin in Tekken. They also put a spartan in DOA4. Ryu Hayabusa was also hinted to be the strongest in either the series or just the roster. Forgot which. Someone else on mentioned it. The closest to his skill level is Ayame, Kasumi, and Hayate. And even he makes them walk in his shadows. But I still dont see how Kasumi is better than hayate thats just silly. But back to the subject. He most likely could one shot most the roster if not the whole roster in DOA but they balance that out in gameplay making such a bad ass character in the game. In DOA4 Hayabusa is argubely the best charrie in the game.

Also 3 on one fight Ryu busa takes it with struggle. But if he is allowed he could just use his Art of the Spirit Clone(Phantom Clones, Phantom copies, Spirit clones) to even up the numbers. His spirit clones are immortal and the only way to rid them is to kill Ryu Busa or until he cant sustain them anymore. They are exactly as strong as him except the immortal part. Main reason is they are intangible from what I conclude. But they can attack other while others cant attack them. So it will basicly be a 3 on 3 fight and as we know Ryubusa would whip on anyone of them

Terryc250
Shin Akuma/Devil Jin arent regular characters in the game, theyre like bonus characters that dont really compete in the actually tournament. Ive never seen a game of 20 regular character, but one of them is so superior and can one shot the rest of them, dont see why they would even include him in the storyline, dont they try to make the characters kind of atleast on the level to compete against eachother?

Id like to see proof of this move where he can make clones of himself but stronger because of the immortality of the clones.

Csdabest
Ninja Gaiden II: The Dark Sword I believe.
The most innovative new feature was the ability to create "split clones" (also referred to as "Phantom Doubles" or "Shadow Clones"wink an orange shadow version of Ryu would constantly follow him, performing his moves. These clones were immune to damage, and enemies and projectiles would pass through them. The clones performed the projectile or slash attacks of the player. Up to two split clones could be used at any given time.

http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/en/a/a1/Ninja_Gaiden_2_NES_ScreenShot1.png

As you can see above he is performing the move. They didnt dissappear till the time limit of the move was up. And that is clearly due to game mechanics to add balance.

Terryc250
The most innovative new feature was the ability to create "split clones" (also referred to as "Phantom Doubles" or "Shadow Clones"wink an orange shadow version of Ryu would constantly follow him, performing his moves. These clones were immune to damage, and enemies and projectiles would pass through them. The clones performed the projectile or slash attacks of the player. Up to two split clones could be used at any given time.

http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/en/a/a1/Ninja_Gaiden_2_NES_ScreenShot1.png

As you can see above he is performing the move. They didnt dissappear till the time limit of the move was up. And that is clearly due to game mechanics to add balance.

ahh see thats why i always ask for proof, moves are always overhyped on this board, but appear less impressive when actually seen.. so theres a timelimit.. of how long? A minute? 30 seconds? If we're going to go by gameplay, then the clones are just AI with no real brain and just jump around and fire projectiles and slash things, unless you can show me otherwise

Csdabest
The clones have his moves. Everything he can do they can do. Sorry if the programming back in the day was limited. And of course there was a time limit and I dont remember. I beleive from like 2 to 5 minutes i guess. Im not sure. If it was permanent then the game would be unbalanced. So we can only say until he doesnt have the stamina to hold it up.

Also shame on your for talking about AI in a game made over ten years ago. Also back in the old days. All you could do was fire projectiles, jump and slash things. Itt was an old game for the Snes

Terryc250
well if we're going by gameplay then we go by gameplay.. who knows how the clones work, maybe its like naruto and only have 30% of the users strength.. we can only speculate because we havent seen him used this move in over 10 years who knows if it even exists anymore, and im prety sure the player didnt get a clone for 5 minutes or more thats a real long time during gameplay to have clones, especially back then, in those kind of games.

Csdabest
Its not like how naruto works. Naruto is not even a ninja and shouldnt be even mentioned. The clones dealt the same damage if it wasnt the same it was unoticible. Yes it exist. He performed it in a canon game in his storyline then he can perform it again. So yes he stilll has it. Im not sure because i havent played the game in awhile. The time limit is clearly a balance to the move to make it keep its challenge. So it can only be assumed that it last for how long his stamina and energy can hold up.

Terryc250
Its not like how naruto works. Naruto is not even a ninja and shouldnt be even mentioned. The clones dealt the same damage if it wasnt the same it was unoticible. Yes it exist. He performed it in a canon game in his storyline then he can perform it again. So yes he stilll has it. Im not sure because i havent played the game in awhile. The time limit is clearly a balance to the move to make it keep its challenge. So it can only be assumed that it last for how long his stamina and energy can hold up.

But in gameplay it only lasts for a minute or two.. remember i said that gameplay things arent really accurate? You argued that it was accurate in ninja gaiden.. so now ur giving me more gameplay, yet saying that it isn't accurate and that we should assume it lasts as long as his stamina and energy instead of the time?

Csdabest
But in gameplay it only lasts for a minute or two.. remember i said that gameplay things arent really accurate? You argued that it was accurate in ninja gaiden.. so now ur giving me more gameplay, yet saying that it isn't accurate and that we should assume it lastsfully descripted in said gameplay. as long as his stamina and energy instead of the time?

DONT PLAY WORD GAMES WITH ME BOY!!!!!!

J/p. But Seriously. I didnt say(well ment) that every little gameplay bit is accurate but somethings are. Example in Ninja Gaiden(X Box) Its not accurate that Ryu can survive in lava but it is accurate thatg Ryubud can use multiple weapons. Make ince becaus ehe, net to his father, was the best ninja in his village. Also another thing that can be translated over acuratly idhid dkill with the sword. The Spirit Clones uses up your energy. Yes in-game there is a time limit but it is used for balance which is real simple to see. So if it uses his energy the move is supported by his energy and how long he can keep it p with his stamina. So his spirit clone is another example of something that can be

superbatman86

As you can see above he is performing the move. They didnt dissappear till the time limit of the move was up. And that is clearly due to game mechanics to add balance. You do know that those aren't the same Ryu right?The X-box Ryu isn't the same one as the Nintendo one.

Terryc250
Originally posted by superbatman86
You do know that those aren't the same Ryu right?The X-box Ryu isn't the same one as the Nintendo one.

lol no wonder he hasnt used the move for 15 years..

Csdabest
You do know that those aren't the same Ryu right?The X-box Ryu isn't the same one as the Nintendo one.

Omg Its the same. They have the same name.Most of the same moves. Same weapons. And most important of all. It has already been confirmed and a more current interview with Itagaki that these new Ninja Gaiden Games happen before the Old school Ninja Gaiden games. So yes. Its the same one.

Csdabest
lol no wonder he hasnt used the move for 15 years..

ConsideringThey just rebooted the series it would be no wonder. I could understand if there were titles up to this point where he hasnt shown the ability to but there has only been one titile.

Wandering Flame
You do know that those aren't the same Ryu right?The X-box Ryu isn't the same one as the Nintendo one. You know, this guy actually might be right.

Csdabest
Yes it is. It has already be confirmed in a more current issue with Itagaki that these installments take place before the Nintendo games. So yes this is the same Ryu. The interview is on 1up.com i beleive.

Wandering Flame
Well then. big grin

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.