Flash vs Thor

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Photon009
Flash (Grown up Bart Allen with full speed force)

vs

Thor (classic)

Who wins?

Soljer
The Flash to mine eyes.

Bouboumaster
Flash doesn't have what it takes to win against Thor

TricksterPriest
Originally posted by Bouboumaster
Flash doesn't have what it takes to win against Thor

whatdur And why would you say that?

cmack
i honestly believe flash wins this

Erik-Lensherr
Spite

Priest
Classic Thor stops time.

janus77
before or after Flash stops him?

Priest
Before flash stops him.

janus77
can Thor react at such speeds?
Flash is (perhaps) faster than Surfer, I've never seen Thor being upto the task of matching or even dealing with Surfer's 100s X lightspeed, so ...

I also doubt Thor stopping time would effect Flash as time prolly works within dimensions (space-time) and The Speed Force would be a wholly self-contained dimension with its own time... dunno, I'm siding with Flash.

Old-Wizard.com
Originally posted by janus77
can Thor react at such speeds?
Flash is (perhaps) faster than Surfer, I've never seen Thor being upto the task of matching or even dealing with Surfer's 100s X lightspeed, so ...

I also doubt Thor stopping time would effect Flash as time prolly works within dimensions (space-time) and The Speed Force would be a wholly self-contained dimension with its own time... dunno, I'm siding with Flash.

Read Silver Surfer #4. The Surfer says himself he isn't as powerful as Thor.

I don't see how flash can even HURT Thor.

jrodslam
Originally posted by Old-Wizard.com

You dont think a few imp's would hurt Thor?

Val
Flash

Priest
Originally posted by jrodslam
You dont think a few imp's would hurt Thor?
Hyperbole..
he used it once on a White Martian and manged to KO him, and it was wally.

Soljer
Originally posted by Priest
Hyperbole..
he used it once on a White Martian and manged to KO him, and it was wally.

Hyperbole? Jrod wasn't indicating that the "Infinite Mass Punch" actually landed with infinite mass - it's just the vernacular around here.

Further, the Flash has performed a similar feat against Zoom, when he noted that at relativistic speed his fist was hitting with the force (or mass? I can't remember the exact wording) of a white dwarf star.

Val
There's also the comments from Wonder Woman about how much it hurts to get punched by a speedster.

Estacado
Photon is a moron.

nvrbeenwthagirl
Originally posted by Val
There's also the comments from Wonder Woman about how much it hurts to get punched by a speedster.

Zoom was beating the Holy hell out of my Diana. Of course it makes sense that someone moving that fast would hit like that. Just imagine if you got hit by a baseball at 90mph. Now imagine that same baseball at light speed.

Soljer
Originally posted by Val

Wasn't that comment about Zoom, who isn't really a speedster, persay?

Soljer
Originally posted by nvrbeenwthagirl
Zoom was beating the Holy hell out of my Diana. Of course it makes sense that someone moving that fast would hit like that. Just imagine if you got hit by a baseball at 90mph. Now imagine that same baseball at light speed.

It's not that simple. If we assume damage, and therefore pain is directly related to pressure, we can say that damage is also directly related to both mass and acceleration. Not only would the velocity, acceleration and jerk be ridiculous, going from zero to C in almost no time, but the mass would also increase at incredible levels, meaning that comparing how much a fastball hurts compared to a 'faster' ball isn't one hundred percent accurate.

nvrbeenwthagirl
Originally posted by Soljer

But he moves at those speeds to the average person. The new warriors had a team mate who could do the same thing as Zoom and it was explained that it was like superspeed to everyone else.

Mr.Biscuits
It would still apply to the Flash.
Plus Writers simply forget that Zoom doesn't actually have super speed...

Val
She was talking about how much it hurt to get hit by someone going lightspeed so it would apply to a Flash or really, anyone who can get that fast.

Val
Originally posted by Mr.Biscuits
It would still apply to the Flash.
Plus Writers simply forget that Zoom doesn't actually have super speed...
That too. biscuits

Soljer
Originally posted by Val
She was talking about how much it hurt to get hit by someone going lightspeed so it would apply to a Flash or really, anyone who can get that fast.

Yeah, but Diana's a moron. She can't understand the subtle difference between time dilation and superspeed.

smile.

janus77
Originally posted by Old-Wizard.com
Read Silver Surfer #4. The Surfer says himself he isn't as powerful as Thor.

I was referring to relative speeds of Surfer and Thor.
Surfer's far faster and Flash is around the same.

as for Surfer being less powerful than Thor, I'd like to see the scan of the comment you refer to and some context too.

I doubt Surfer < Thor. just don't see anything that Thor can do which Surfer couldn't do ... and then some.

janus77
Yeah, but Diana's a moron. She can't understand the subtle difference between time dilation and superspeed.

smile.
but she can induce pupil dilation!

nvrbeenwthagirl

smile.

She actually makes the comment about Zoom's strength compared to Superman's hits.

Mr.Biscuits
Originally posted by nvrbeenwthagirl
She actually makes the comment about Zoom's strength compared to Superman's hits.
Lulz.
Zoom's strength had nothing to do with it.

Val
Lulz.
Watch out. You're twisting his words.

Erik-Lensherr
Some people actually think Thor stands a chance blink

Normally he shouldn't even be able to register the attacks before he is down.

As for the Surfer, flying speed =/= fighting speed.

Erik-Lensherr
Lulz.

He probably wanted to say the strength of Zoom's punches not exactly Zoom's physical strength.

As for Diana being a moron because she doesn't know the difference between time dilation and superspeed she isn't, because in the same scan where she says that being punched by Zoom hurts more than Superman she actually points out that he is not truly faster than her but he is traveling through time.

Soljer
Originally posted by Erik-Lensherr
He probably wanted to say the strength of Zoom's punches not exactly Zoom's physical strength.

As for Diana being a moron because she doesn't know the difference between time dilation and superspeed she isn't, because in the same scan where she says that being punched by Zoom hurts more than Superman she actually points out that he is not truly faster than her but he is traveling through time.

Jesus, it was a joke...no expression.

Val
Jesus, it was a joke...no expression.
Serious business and all that.

Erik-Lensherr
big grin

Mr.Biscuits
Originally posted by Erik-Lensherr
big grin
biscuits

llagrok
Thor wouldn't see him coming.

Bouboumaster
Flash would get destroy by Thor.

Shall on thee!

K-Dog
My 2-cents about flash and the IMP...like some people are saying, in real world physics things get more massive the faster they go, with light speed objects getting infinitely massive (their length increases in the direction of travel too, so his fist would be infinitely long also somehow). This is impossible for us to comprehend since we only deal with slower moving things most of the time. If this were possible, the punch would destroy the whole universe I suppose, since it would have infinite kinetic energy behind it. But even assuming the flash can do something like this, we still have to consider "comic physics" with "real world physics" and consider his actual showings. I don't think he would ever be written to defeat Thor on a good day for Thor. He could suprise and hurt Thor, but Thor would pull out the victory or at least be tying the fight before he was summoned back to Asgard or something like that.

TricksterPriest
Exactly. Spetz and Cresh said pretty much the same thing. If anything, the IMP is vastly underrated for the amount of power it should have.

Flash however, can easily defeat Thor if he (Flash) is going all out. Quite simply, Thor will never know what hit him. There's so many ways that Flash can win.

Physically, Thor can't keep up. But his durability will keep him alive long enough to realize that.

So he uses Mjolnir and absorbs Flashes soul.

Gecko4lif
Flash wins this but he is really depicted as under powered.

Scientifically His imp's should be able to throw someone out of the same dimension.

He is attacking someone with multitudes of infinite mass..... He should at least be able to knock out thor.

Soljer
Originally posted by #1110
Physically, Thor can't keep up. But his durability will keep him alive long enough to realize that.

So he uses Mjolnir and absorbs Flashes soul.

Or the Flash speedforce dumps Thor way before Thor can get out his first "Thee" or "Thou."

Val
Originally posted by Gecko4lif
Flash wins this but he is really depicted as under powered.

Scientifically His imp's should be able to throw someone out of the same dimension.

He is attacking someone with multitudes of infinite mass..... He should at least be able to knock out thor.
Every now and then they let Flash cut loose and show what he can do to someone. What Wally did to Inertia is probably the latest example.

TricksterPriest
Stuck as a living statue, self-aware, but unmoving and immortal. All his kinetic energy drained out and never able to move even his eyes. fear Don't **** with The Flash.

cmack
flash pulls him into the speedforce

batdude123
Thor gets f*cked at super speed....

Straight up ****ED.

tjcoady
in terms of highest level feats, of COURSE Flash wins. Thor really has no defense against him.

In terms of how Flash is generally written? I mean, I've seen the Key's robots, Captain Boomerang's boomerangs, the Mirror Master's traps, Weather Wizard's weather attacks, the Trickester's tricks, the Piper's pipe, Sonar's sonic attacks, Sinestro's abilities, laser blasts, psychic assaults, so on and so forth, beat him over, and over, and over again, when he should be more than fast enough to defeat the opponent before a nano-second passes.

all in all, what I mean to say is that while Flash would beat Thor on a KMC fight, if the fight actually went down in a comic book, Thor wouldn't even break a sweat.

Alfheim
Originally posted by Photon009
Flash (Grown up Bart Allen with full speed force)

vs

Thor (classic)

Who wins?

Thor loses he had trouble with a speedster slower than the Flash.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.