Rexxar Vs. Grom Hellscream

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Diamond Kisses
http://www.wowwiki.com/images/c/cf/Rexxarart.JPG

Vs.

http://www.wowwiki.com/images/6/61/Hellscream-warcraftiii-cinematic.jpg

Burning thought
hmm ime not sure, Rexxar has an affinity with animals, if the battle was in a animal smothered area Grom is likely to die, i think other than that this is a fairly good matchup, Brawn vs Brawn, Axe vs more powerful axe (gorehowl>Rexxar axe i would assume) however Rexxar is a large half ogre breed and i think he is more likely to win, does he get misha?

Diamond Kisses
He get all his summons and the setting is the same place that Grom fought Mannoroth smile

No animals.

Burning thought
should be fairly easy for Rexxar, i mean he is a large half ogre of a guy, can summon Misha whos an enormous bear, that quill boar thing and thunder lizard trample

Darth Extecute
Misha, Spirit, Huffer and Leok?

Grom doesnt stand a chance.. Rexxar is smarter, wiser, stronger, has several minions, is larger and I would say that they are not very different in speed; so Grom can not take that ability to advantage either..

MadMel
co-signed..

Garrosh
are you kidding me ? grom doesnt stand a chance ? have you forgotten who do you talk about, who grom was ? Grom was the slayer of demigods, he slayed Cenarius and Mannoroth, he has an endless rage for battle, the most strongest, bravest warriors ever to walk the earth of warcraft, so what if rexxar is a half giant ? hes just a pup, compared to grom, GROMMASH HELLSCREAM was/is / and forever will be, the redeemer of the orcs, the most bravest and powerfull warrior ever to exist, no entity can challange him,
Dont evet speak a "fight" between them 2, cause it wont be a fight, it is like feeding little rabbits to a lion, Grom would never loose in front of anyone evil face

MadMel
id say he was lucky against mannaroth erm cenarius im not so sure..
any proof that grom can take on someone like rexxar, other than his feats??

Furion
IF Grom has corrupted blood and has Chaos Damaging skillz, Grom wins. If not, Rexxar wins.

Darth Extecute
Originally posted by Garrosh
are you kidding me ? grom doesnt stand a chance ? have you forgotten who do you talk about, who grom was ? Grom was the slayer of demigods, he slayed Cenarius and Mannoroth, he has an endless rage for battle, the most strongest, bravest warriors ever to walk the earth of warcraft, so what if rexxar is a half giant ? hes just a pup, compared to grom, GROMMASH HELLSCREAM was/is / and forever will be, the redeemer of the orcs, the most bravest and powerfull warrior ever to exist, no entity can challange him,
Dont evet speak a "fight" between them 2, cause it wont be a fight, it is like feeding little rabbits to a lion, Grom would never loose in front of anyone evil face

I'm guessing you havent read the books..

Your basing your opinions on the Grom seen in WC3, arent you?

Any one with the slightest knowledge in all of this would know so well that Grom is chanceless against Mannoroth.. And Cenarius for that matter.. Grom's WC3 story is one big pile of PIS..

Edit: Did you register solely to write that post? no expression

Diamond Kisses

Can you elaborate a little more than just bring up titles and former kills? I can buy it if you can bring up feats that grants Grom the victory. As it is right now, you have only brought up impressive things from the past.

Because from how I have heard it, Mannoroth would be able to kill Grom with eyes closed and hands tied.

DarkC
I'm sorry, but all I heard was "blah blah blah I love Hellscream, he's so great, etc".

The most brave/powerful warrior to exist? Have you not heard of Thrall?

Garrosh
did any one of you pissed -ass emo kids even read the w3 books ? cause if you did, you would have known that Hellscream was the only orc to have an iron will and and the force to resist the demonic corruption after the demons were gone, most of the orcs, died cause of it, he stood on fighting, and rexxar is just a fictional w3 game guy, while Hellscream actaully DOES exisnts in the book, and by the way, when thrall first met Hellscream, he shivered and even got scared of his Warcry, so you damn jack-offs , make this battle in real Warcraft universe, not on that game, in the warcraft universe Grom is one of the most powerfull entities ever,
in the game > chaos Grom + mirror image = bye bye rexxar
and if you said that mannoroth can kill grom why did grom cracked mannoroth in 2 like a coconut ?
document urselfs and dont talk shit punks, read the ****ing books, play the ****ing games
night elf lovers blah !

Garrosh
by the way, check grom on wowwiki to see who he is to see that he is the redeemer of the orcs, and read his story so stop talking shit about him

MadMel
wowiki <> canon..
btw have you actually read the books? stick out tongue
one of the most powerful entities ever?
so your just gonna ingore the titans, sageras, the burning legion's higher-ups like and the lichking?

Darth Extecute

Darth Extecute
Originally posted by MadMel
wowiki <> canon..
btw have you actually read the books? stick out tongue
one of the most powerful entities ever?
so your just gonna ingore the titans, sageras, the burning legion's higher-ups like and the lichking?

I dont think he has read the books. Perhaps he has given a few looks in Rise of the Horde, where Orgrim says that Grom is one of the best orcish fighters there is.

Diamond Kisses
Darth Extecute! May I inform you that you ROCK? stick out tongue

MadMel

Darth Extecute
Thanks, guys..

And if that's not enough, I can probably list at least 20 more that is above Grom.. and I repeat "At least" wink

Sure, all those are above Rexxar as well, but Rexxar has every field of advantage against Grom except for Gorehowl. Which, if you ask me, isnt enough to guarantee a victory against Rexxar.

Garrosh
darth execute u are rigth, i was refering to the rise of the horde but u dont unserstand and most of u readers fail to understand, is that Hellscream became a demigod slayer later in the acts,
try to think abotu a fight between rexxar and grom according to the story
wooot ? rexxar doesnt even appear in the books, only hellscream does,first of all , where he is described by ogrimar as being a tough orc figther and even one of the toughest those days ,
and second, Mannoroth was invented by blizzard and grom to, AND GROM SLAYED MANNOROTH IN A BLINK OF AN EYE and dont start invent stories of your own that Mannoroth maybe able to kill azeroth ,WELL HE DIDNT, AND HE DIDNT KILLED HELLSCREAM< so argouing to say that Mannoroth can kill Hellscream is liek saying Illidan is god, and illidan cand beat Arthas WHICH HE CANT< BLiiizard invented the story in one way, stop ****ign argueing with it in your own imaginative way, HELLSCREAM IS THE SLAYER OF DEMIGODS AND THATS THAT, AND HE PISSES ON REXXARS EYES TOO.
Hellscream represents the might the power, the pride of the horde, while rexxar was just some few shitty ass campaigns in a bad part of WC3 TFT
The basic idea is that BLIZZARD MADE HELLSCREAM A DEMIGOD SLAYER, HE KILLED MANNOROTH LIKE A WRESTLER KILLES A ****ING 6 Year OLD, THATS THE WAY BLIZZARD SAID IT and DONT ****ING ARGUE WITH IT,
***** !

General Kaliero
Garrosh, you will cut the insults. Next time I see it earns you a warning.

Darth Extecute
darth execute u are rigth, i was refering to the rise of the horde but u dont unserstand and most of u readers fail to understand, is that Hellscream became a demigod slayer later in the acts,
wooot ? rexxar doesnt even appear in the books, only hellscream does,first of all , where he is described by ogrimar as being a tough orc figther and even one of the toughest those days ,
and second, Mannoroth was invented by blizzard and grom to, AND GROM SLAYED MANNOROTH IN A BLINK OF AN EYE and dont start invent stories of your own that Mannoroth maybe able to kill azeroth ,WELL HE DIDNT, AND HE DIDNT KILLED HELLSCREAM< so argouing to say that Mannoroth can kill Hellscream is liek saying Illidan is god, and illidan cand beat Arthas WHICH HE CANT< BLiiizard invented the story in one way, stop ****ign argueing with it in your own imaginative way, HELLSCREAM IS THE SLAYER OF DEMIGODS AND THATS THAT, AND HE PISSES ON REXXARS EYES TOO.
Hellscream represents the might the power, the pride of the horde, while rexxar was just some few shitty ass campaigns in a bad part of WC3 TFT
The basic idea is that BLIZZARD MADE HELLSCREAM A DEMIGOD SLAYER, HE KILLED MANNOROTH LIKE A WRESTLER KILLES A ****ING 6 Year OLD, THATS THE WAY BLIZZARD SAID IT and DONT ****ING ARGUE WITH IT,
***** !

Your actually serious? Grom Hellscream is a powerful orc, but he's not in the same league as Mannoroth.. have you ever heard of PIS? Grom > Mannoroth is extremely much PIS!

I am thinking of a fight between Grom and Rexxar.. Rexxar has all the advantages except for the weapon and the history.. He's stronger, larger, about as fast, more endurant and he's smarter than Grom Hellscream.. Your basing everything on what Grom has done, and not what he can actually do..

Invent? laughing INVENT? laughing You havent read the books.. In War of the Ancients, Mannoroth stormed trough the portal and destroyed entire armies on his own.. He would have laid waste to Azeroth if not Cenarius had involved..

The shitty Rexxar you speak of is CHAMPION OF THE HORDE! Titles dont mean a shit.. Grom may have killed both Mannoroth and Cenarius, but both kills was a big pile of PIS..

Instead of saying what Grom has killed, tell us his feats and why he would beat Rexxar.. Because from how I look at it, Rexxar is Grom superior in all ways but the historical events.. And history doesnt win battles, while feats do..

Diamond Kisses
***** !

You have no idea how to debate, do you? stick out tongue

DarkC

DarkC

Burning thought
Originally posted by Diamond Kisses
You have no idea how to debate, do you? stick out tongue

laughing hit the nail on the head, why are there 101 newbs running about trying to debate with such little skill?

DarkC
I wouldn't call it so much debating as screaming their heads off.

Figuratively, of course.

DarkC
Originally posted by Darth Extecute
Thanks, guys..

And if that's not enough, I can probably list at least 20 more that is above Grom.. and I repeat "At least" wink

Sure, all those are above Rexxar as well, but Rexxar has every field of advantage against Grom except for Gorehowl. Which, if you ask me, isnt enough to guarantee a victory against Rexxar.
You forgot C'Thun.

Diamond Kisses
Originally posted by DarkC
You forgot C'Thun.

I think he named C'thun simply "Old God" smile

DarkC
Yep looks like it.

Weren't there three old gods, according to the War of the Ancients novels?

Diamond Kisses
There were five. Two was assumed killed and three was imprisoned. You are probably thinking about the prisoned onces, which was three smile

DarkC
I think it was Krasus's POV and he was like "The three had ruled over an era so bloody than even the lords of the Burning Legion could not imagine".

Something like that, I don't have the book with me.

Garrosh
look, its simple Hellscream is a big tough guy, a real bad-ass, while rexxar is still a pup compared to and i quote after Mannoroth "THE MIGHTY HELLSCREAM"
second Hellscream killed manoroth and cenarius stop argueing about it , he is way more powerfull then them i dont care abotu the game statuts, Hellscream killed them and thats that.
Respect hellscream for what he was, he has freed the blood of the orcs, i dont see rexxar do better things i bet he is like pickign up flowers right now or whipeing Mishas ass,
Thirdly go to w3 eiditor, put chaos hellscream and rexxar to fight each other and see who wins; tip Hellscream = mirror immage with critical = rexxar bye bye, rexxar uses tampede, hellscream uses ww big deal
ANYWAY dont compare those 2 warrior, both fight for the horde, both are champions and respected by the horde (hellscream most)
this topic is idiotic any way, why didnt u came up with something better liek : Illidan vs guldan or something (guldan wins anyways)

Garrosh
my english sucks since english is not my languege

Diamond Kisses
look, its simple Hellscream is a big tough guy, a real bad-ass, while rexxar is still a pup compared to and i quote after Mannoroth "THE MIGHTY HELLSCREAM"
second Hellscream killed manoroth and cenarius stop argueing about it , he is way more powerfull then them i dont care abotu the game statuts, Hellscream killed them and thats that.
Respect hellscream for what he was, he has freed the blood of the orcs, i dont see rexxar do better things i bet he is like pickign up flowers right now or whipeing Mishas ass,
Thirdly go to w3 eiditor, put chaos hellscream and rexxar to fight each other and see who wins; tip Hellscream = mirror immage with critical = rexxar bye bye, rexxar uses tampede, hellscream uses ww big deal
ANYWAY dont compare those 2 warrior, both fight for the horde, both are champions and respected by the horde (hellscream most)
this topic is idiotic any way, why didnt u came up with something better liek : Illidan vs guldan or something (guldan wins anyways)

Way more powerful than Mannoroth and Cenarius? no expression

Ah yes, because it was Grom Hellscream that slaughtered armies while Mannoroth had problems with some Draenei, right?

Darth Extecute

laughing

You have absolutely no idea what your talking about..

1. A little pup? laughing Rexxar is stronger, wiser AND larger than Grom. I would even say he is older.
2. Mannoroth was using sarcasm when he said "The Mighty Hellscream". It was not a confession that Grom was mighty, it was a mockery.
3. Why the heck would he use Stampede? Just plain stupidity, and Rexxar aint stupid.
4. Rexxar is not picking flowers or whiping Mishas behind. He is patroling Kalimdor, which you should have known if you knew anything about him at all.
5. Rexxar saved the orcs from utter defeat. Say what you want, but the survival of the orc is as much a Rexxar feat as it is a Grom feat.
6. Hellscream killed Cenarius and Mannoroth, YES. In order to bring Cenarius down, he had AN ENTIRE ARMY! And when he brought Mannoroth down, he was first of all chaos orc. He thought Thrall had been killed and the bloodlust and rage was at complete maximum. He then with all his strength slashed with one of the most powerful weapons in Azeroth's history right towards Mannoroth, who compared to the books was PATHETIC after having been UNHARMED by The Doomhammer. Mannoroth with a big pile of CIS and PIS had his shield cleaved and his chest penetrated by Gorehowl.
7. If you put a level 10 Grom Hellscream Vs. a level 10 Rexxar, Rexxar wins. How do I know this? I just tried it. When Grom died, Rexxar had 90% health, Misha had 90%, two of Grom's mirror images was dead, he was out of mana, he had critted Rexxar once and used whirlwind once.

Darth Extecute
Here's the proof..

Diamond Kisses
You even had a ghoul on you! IMBA! oh

Darth Extecute
Rexxar > Chaos Grom, even in-game..

DarkC
You do realise that Mannoroth was being heavily sarcastic when he said that right?

No, of course you didn't. How predictable.

He killed Cenarius with the aid of demonic strength, and killed Mannoroth when the Pit Lord severely underestimated his former pawn.

Missing out important details, I see.

He killed the head demon in charge of that demonic curse with one charge. It's not like he went on this epic quest and slaughtered fifty armies by himself to do it.

And it was Thrall more than Hellscream that the demonic influence on the orcs was thrown off. Thrall swayed the orcs away from that course and they began to embrace their true shamanistic nature, Hellscream just broke the curse once and for all.

I'm sorry, but that was just idiotic of you.

Rexxar has proven time and time again resourceful. Do you think he got the title of 'Champion of the Horde' for picking flowers?

And besides, their activities don't constitute their abilities. Hellscream's battlehungry, but that doesn't give him an advantage over Rexxar, who isn't.

Why are you pushing Warcraft 3 stats at us like it actually matters in this debate?

That is an exceptionally poor argument.

Right, because I'm sure that the topic is idiotic if you had bothered to argue so passionately in it.

Try again.

Diamond Kisses
Originally posted by DarkC
Why are you pushing Warcraft 3 stats at us like it actually matters in this debate?

That is an exceptionally poor argument.

Especially since Darth Extecute executed that argument in the editor and went Grom Vs. Rexxar stick out tongue

http://www.killermovies.com/forums/attachment.php?s=&postid=10323626

Rexxar won roll eyes (sarcastic) But since that is fact, then it is pretty obvious. Rexxar is victorious.

DarkC
The thing about game mechanics being a faulty argument is that there are far too much restrictions involved.

Becci
Grom dies badly stick out tongue

Nozdormu

Late Illidan would win versus Gul'Dan.. Recent released Illidan would go down..
This all assumed that it is a late version of Gul'Dan..

Becci
I would say that any Illidan since after the initiation to the demon hunters can beat Gul'Dan wink

MadMel
same here erm

gromwasmywife
you are for a start referring to the game since rexxar doesn't exsist in the lore side, and your idea of grom not being able to kill mannoroth because of his skin being rock, watch the video lol grom is obviously still under the blood lust in his eyes so on a game technicality he is using chaos damage, and guess what, chaos damage ignores armour, oops, overlooked that.
while yes rexxar is ownage, it depends which grom your using chaos or not since he was chaos till death i would assume he'd be big ol' red and rexxar would be owned badly.

anyway love you all

Becci
You failed on the first line, gromwasmywife no expression Rexxar does exist in lore. Claiming otherwise is obvious signs of knowledge failure.

Yes, Grom does stand a chance against Rexxar but Rexxar will win. Rexxar has the strenght of an ogre and the speed of an orc. He is superior Grom in every area. The only thing in the fight that will work in Grom's advantage is the fact that he has Gorehowl.

MadMel
laughing out loud
cosigned, though admittedly it will be close..
does grom have beserk or not?

Becci
There are only two things that can work in Grom's benefit in this fight:

1. Gorehowl
2. Bloodlust

The 2nd is based on if he is Fel enhanced or not.

gromwasmywife
well sorry, i dont tend to waste my time reading a book with agame based on it i tend to paly the game read more 'mainstream' books, from the threads i read i got some impression that rexxar was made up for the game also he has a cape, grom is hardcore enoguh not to need one at all! and rexxar, and i'm sure you know capes make worlds biggest difference, the claok givs him all his power he is actually a garden worm if he takes it off, duh.

NO LOVE FOR YOU THIS TIME, say it back soo heartless guys!

i can't cba with typing properly today, and, where am i?

MadMel
this isnt bebo you know erm
and cloaks make absolutely no difference in this fight, since thats WOW gameplay mechanics....

PsychoTick
Well, I would love to say "Grom wins" but he obviously doesn't. And Garrosh, stop telling them to stop arguing that Grom didn't kill Cenarius and Mannaroth, because, simply put, they aren't! No, instead they're saying that Grom would lose to Rexxar. Who, apparently, has advantage, so stop acting like you know everything.

MadMel
posted a bit late bud wink

PsychoTick
Ya, I know, but I had to say it eventually.

Obsidian Fury
Grom has the speed, ax and experience, but if Rexxar get to bring his beasts then he win this without problems.

MadMel
rexxar is older and more experienced stick out tongue

Placidity
I don't play WOW at all, but going just by WC3, I think Grom would win...

Obsidian Fury
Originally posted by MadMel
rexxar is older and more experienced stick out tongue

Him being older is a possibility, but neither one have had their age stated. Rexxar however differently from Grom has not spent most of his life in combat. While Grom lust for battle and blood, always had and hold combat as primary solution, Rexxar is more peaceful and prefere avoiding combat.

So even if Rexxar is older, Grom may be more experienced.

I still think Rexxar would win, but I do consider Grom more experienced.

Wolfangel
Ok, here we go. I don't know why you guys keep saying that Grom wasn't as good as Mannoroth and Cenarious when he did in fact kill them both. Thus, Rexxar's size means nothing. Both of their ages are not stated so you can't say who was older. Speed? How can you tell who was faster, I'd personally think that Grom was faster due to WW for one, and his smaller nature would probably give him a swift speed increase over Rexxars. The pets do help, but this is hard to determine. According to the lore I don't see anything of him having any other pets besides Misha. In WC3 however, he had a bunch. I'm not sure who is stronger, Rexxar has his size but you have to admit, Grom was pretty damn strong for who his size. As far as Gorehowl goes, I'm not sure how an axe makes you any better but oh well haha. I just want to know where you guys are getting that Rexxar has more experience? Perhaps a reference to a documented source would be helpful. As far as I remember in WC3, he didn't have much back story and he was kind of thrown into the game as a test for WoW mechanics. I assume they were after feedback on how people would take to it. I'm sure you lore fanatics out there will prove me otherwise though. wink Yes yes, there was that story and everything. But I think that came after WC3, I could be wrong. Ok then, where was I? Ah yes, Grom on the other hand, has fought in many wars one of which, he slayed Cenarious. As far as the Mannoroth being stunned by Thrall is kind of preposterous. Anyone would have had time to defend themselves against the ten seconds it took Grom to run to Mannoroth. As I recall from the video, Grom cut Mannoroth's spear and armor in half. He beat him fair and square, Although, he did die right afterwards due to the fact that him and Mannoroth were kind of one in each other with the whole blood thing. Chaos Grom definitely would be able to kill Rexxar because, this is just me, that Rexxar couldn't kill Cenarious or Mannoroth whereas Grom could. But then again it could be a double edged sword if Rexxar was chaos as well. If you wanted them to be on an even playing field, you'd just put Rexxar against Grom without Misha. But when you add in Misha due to lore then you could put in the chaos part of Grom. Hmm...let me recollect my thoughts heh. I don't think Misha is that much of a challenge for anyone alone, he/she doesn't have anything that distinguishes he/she from any other bear. Something that a good warrior could dispatch quickly. Hell, I remember that if I didn't have Zul'jin keep healing him/her, he/she would have died quickly. sad Ok now...let's see...ah yes, Thrall is a good warrior, but I don't think he matched the degree that Grom was. DarkC, I respect your show of lore and knowledge of this topic, but so far you haven't contributed anything to show that Rexxar would win this fight. You've pretty much only shot down what others have said about Grom. Now, that being said about Grom, Rexxar has his abilities too. He has Misha yes, he has his ogre size and orc speed too. He has some combat experience yes, as he was deemed "Champion of the Horde" by Thrall. However, I'm sure Thrall thinks higher of Grom then Rexxar. Who's to say that Grom wouldn't just charge Rexxar like he did Mannoroth? I think ground rules need to be established before we can flat out debate who would win. Both are very strong combatants with different abilities. We need to set down some background rules and such to where they would fight and the abilities and such we basing this off of. That includes game versions or book versions. Now, I stand ready for the insults. wink

-Wolfangel

Oh, feel free to hit me up on the Moonrunner server under the same name. Horde side of course.

Wolfangel
Excuse me for the double post but, I have found an update on the age of Grom.

Visit Wowwiki and look up Grom. Then, scroll down to read about his age.

Sorry about not being able to post links. Here is the quote:
"Grom Hellscream is an interesting case study in the changing timelines of the Warcraft universe. In the Warcraft III manual, Grom is dated at age 46."

This could be faulty, even though Blizzard states it in the WC3 manual, if you read down, they give you a description of why he should be older.

Ok I've done some reading and apparently Misha is an enchanted bear, that's all it says though. Keep me in line you guys big grin

-Wolfangel

Obsidian Fury
Originally posted by Wolfangel
Ok, here we go. I don't know why you guys keep saying that Grom wasn't as good as Mannoroth and Cenarious when he did in fact kill them both.

Grom Hellscream, during RotH had problems with a handfew Draenei back at Draenor during their war. He barely made it out alive at times.

Mannoroth however, during WotA could march unhindered trough armies of hostility.

Cenarius fought hundreds of demons, infernals and eredar by himself and almost made it.

Brox is an orc I would consider more skillful than Grom Hellscream, since he has proven himself to be so at numerous times. Brox could take on three Doom Guards simulantaniously, while Grom had problem with three Draenei (whom cornered him). Cenarius fought a dozen Doom Guard, a smothering amount of Fel Guards and a few hundred other demons.

That is my opinion on why people's opinion about Grom being better than Mannoroth and Cenarius inaccurate.

Nozdormu
Originally posted by Wolfangel
Ok, here we go. I don't know why you guys keep saying that Grom wasn't as good as Mannoroth and Cenarious when he did in fact kill them both. Thus, Rexxar's size means nothing. Both of their ages are not stated so you can't say who was older. Speed? How can you tell who was faster, I'd personally think that Grom was faster due to WW for one, and his smaller nature would probably give him a swift speed increase over Rexxars. The pets do help, but this is hard to determine. According to the lore I don't see anything of him having any other pets besides Misha. In WC3 however, he had a bunch. I'm not sure who is stronger, Rexxar has his size but you have to admit, Grom was pretty damn strong for who his size. As far as Gorehowl goes, I'm not sure how an axe makes you any better but oh well haha. I just want to know where you guys are getting that Rexxar has more experience? Perhaps a reference to a documented source would be helpful. As far as I remember in WC3, he didn't have much back story and he was kind of thrown into the game as a test for WoW mechanics. I assume they were after feedback on how people would take to it. I'm sure you lore fanatics out there will prove me otherwise though. wink Yes yes, there was that story and everything. But I think that came after WC3, I could be wrong. Ok then, where was I? Ah yes, Grom on the other hand, has fought in many wars one of which, he slayed Cenarious. As far as the Mannoroth being stunned by Thrall is kind of preposterous. Anyone would have had time to defend themselves against the ten seconds it took Grom to run to Mannoroth. As I recall from the video, Grom cut Mannoroth's spear and armor in half. He beat him fair and square, Although, he did die right afterwards due to the fact that him and Mannoroth were kind of one in each other with the whole blood thing. Chaos Grom definitely would be able to kill Rexxar because, this is just me, that Rexxar couldn't kill Cenarious or Mannoroth whereas Grom could. But then again it could be a double edged sword if Rexxar was chaos as well. If you wanted them to be on an even playing field, you'd just put Rexxar against Grom without Misha. But when you add in Misha due to lore then you could put in the chaos part of Grom. Hmm...let me recollect my thoughts heh. I don't think Misha is that much of a challenge for anyone alone, he/she doesn't have anything that distinguishes he/she from any other bear. Something that a good warrior could dispatch quickly. Hell, I remember that if I didn't have Zul'jin keep healing him/her, he/she would have died quickly. sad Ok now...let's see...ah yes, Thrall is a good warrior, but I don't think he matched the degree that Grom was. DarkC, I respect your show of lore and knowledge of this topic, but so far you haven't contributed anything to show that Rexxar would win this fight. You've pretty much only shot down what others have said about Grom. Now, that being said about Grom, Rexxar has his abilities too. He has Misha yes, he has his ogre size and orc speed too. He has some combat experience yes, as he was deemed "Champion of the Horde" by Thrall. However, I'm sure Thrall thinks higher of Grom then Rexxar. Who's to say that Grom wouldn't just charge Rexxar like he did Mannoroth? I think ground rules need to be established before we can flat out debate who would win. Both are very strong combatants with different abilities. We need to set down some background rules and such to where they would fight and the abilities and such we basing this off of. That includes game versions or book versions. Now, I stand ready for the insults. wink

-Wolfangel

Oh, feel free to hit me up on the Moonrunner server under the same name. Horde side of course.

I'm sorry, but after reading all that trough, I realised I didnt have to.. It was a waste of time, since nothing that you said actually contributed in Grom's advantage considering what has already been said in this thread..

hordemaster
first off. to you ppls who love grom so much. understand that just because he killed a demigod and demon doesnt make him stronger then rexxar. first off, rexxar is smarter larger then grom.you grom fans are only basing your choice on his accomplishments and not his talents. he killed cenarious only because the legion assisted him and he only killed mannorth with luck and the AID of thrall. if thrall wouldnt have cracked his armor the axe wouldnt have cut through. rexxar is known as champion of the horde and has done the horde much more services then grom.besides enslaving the whole orcish race the only thing from did tht was useful was luckily killing mannorth. other then tht he messed up the night elves by killing cenarious and he ruined thralls battle strategems countless times with his sensesless bloodlust towards the humans. and like the others said. read the novels, go on the Wow site and if your gonna base your theories form campaign. make SURE you get them right cause i kno i do ccause im always playin campaign.

Dont get me wrong i like hellscream. he is a hero but this post if about whos stronger and rexxar tops hellscream. (not to mention he is last son of the Mok'nathol)

Q'Anilia
Rexxar in a stomp smile

hellscreambg
My opinnion is that Rexxar is son of ogre+orc lol what a looser i wonder who is mom ogre or orc but thats not the thing we talk about.
If rexxar is stronger than Grom he is stronger than Thrall becouse in fight with monnoroth thrall didnt touch monnoroth and who said that a rexxar who lived in the wild and is son of ogre is smarter than Hellscream and where the **** in the books says that draneis beat orcs 1 of the reasons orcs to go in azeroth is that they are hungry for blood and if they dont find what to kill they will start fight among they and 1 from orcs says'' THERE IS NO MORE DRANEIS TO KILL''
Grom means Giant in orcish so rexxar is not stronger and Monnoroth is not more powerfull than Grom if it was so he was not searching help from him.
Grom charges Rexxar and he ends like monoroth

hellscreambg
And we can talk who is older Hellscream is older becouse where in azzeroth orc ****ed ogre to make rexxar
And pets are fast dead just 1 bladestorm and they are dead

hellscreambg
This is story we cant talk who will win becouse they are not real

hellscreambg
Cenarius fought hundreds of demons, infernals and eredar by himself and almost made it.

Brox is an orc I would consider more skillful than Grom Hellscream, since he has proven himself to be so at numerous times. Brox could take on three Doom Guards simulantaniously, while Grom had problem with three Draenei (whom cornered him). Cenarius fought a dozen Doom Guard, a smothering amount of Fel Guards and a few hundred other demons.

Its normal to beat them the book will be shit if he dont beat them

Rapidash
Mannoroth > Thrall > Rexxar > Grom.

Lich King
Originally posted by hellscreambg
And we can talk who is older Hellscream is older becouse where in azzeroth orc ****ed ogre to make rexxar
And pets are fast dead just 1 bladestorm and they are dead

Ogres originated on Draenor. Bladestorm would be stopped by a single Misha tackle. Originally posted by hellscreambg
This is story we cant talk who will win becouse they are not real

Sure we can. Fictional characters has won in the past, just like how Rexxar would win this. Originally posted by hellscreambg

Its normal to beat them the book will be shit if he dont beat them

That's of no contibution to this thread, since we don't have a Cenarius or Broxigar here. Losing to a Dranei is not a shameful moment. The Draenei fight like five men and each and every one as if they were leaders themselves according to the orcs (Who rank according to combat prowess).

My opinnion is that Rexxar is son of ogre+orc lol what a looser i wonder who is mom ogre or orc but thats not the thing we talk about.
If rexxar is stronger than Grom he is stronger than Thrall becouse in fight with monnoroth thrall didnt touch monnoroth and who said that a rexxar who lived in the wild and is son of ogre is smarter than Hellscream and where the **** in the books says that draneis beat orcs 1 of the reasons orcs to go in azeroth is that they are hungry for blood and if they dont find what to kill they will start fight among they and 1 from orcs says'' THERE IS NO MORE DRANEIS TO KILL''
Grom means Giant in orcish so rexxar is not stronger and Monnoroth is not more powerfull than Grom if it was so he was not searching help from him.
Grom charges Rexxar and he ends like monoroth

Fail.

RaizenYujiro
Grom charges Rexxar and he ends like monoroth For your statement that says "Grom charges Rexxar and he ends like Mannoroth." What evidence do you have to prove this statement? What makes you think Grom would charge Rexxar and kill him so easily, providing Rexxar even gives Grom the chance to get that close. Think what the outcome would have been for Grom if Mannoroth actually had a long range weapon while Grom was charging him. Wouldn't Grom have been defeated before he could even reach Mannoroth? After all, it's not like Grom has much armor to protect himself from a direct attack.

I think that Rexxar wouldn't have been able to kill Mannoroth because of Mannoroth's armor, but would be able to defeat Grom. Grom could defeat Mannoroth, but wouldn't be able to defeat Rexxar. After all, what would Grom do when he is attacking Rexxar, but Misha is attacking him from behind or vice versa? He wouldn't be able to defend his backside. They both have their own advantages that can work for one opponent, but not the other. You see, it doesn't have to be like what most people are arguing, that just because one of them could beat one strong opponent automatically means they could beat all the other opponents that opponent has beaten. This is narrow thinking. It's not "one man can defeat all."

Oh and by the way. I have never read anything about Rexxar ever using a bow. Very strange for a hunter don't you think? I could be wrong about that though, and if I am please feel free to correct me. I hope i helped some of you guys from not being so closed minded and influencing your decisions just because you favor one over the other.

Q'Anilia
What's with this thread and new members? no expression

Grom is Rexxar inferior in virtually every aspect. We don't have much combat feats, but Rexxar was dubbed Champion of the Horde for a reason.

Grom is good, very good, but he walks into a slaughter here.

Hierarch
Originally posted by RaizenYujiro
For your statement that says "Grom charges Rexxar and he ends like Mannoroth." What evidence do you have to prove this statement? What makes you think Grom would charge Rexxar and kill him so easily, providing Rexxar even gives Grom the chance to get that close. Think what the outcome would have been for Grom if Mannoroth actually had a long range weapon while Grom was charging him. Wouldn't Grom have been defeated before he could even reach Mannoroth? After all, it's not like Grom has much armor to protect himself from a direct attack.

I think that Rexxar wouldn't have been able to kill Mannoroth because of Mannoroth's armor, but would be able to defeat Grom. Grom could defeat Mannoroth, but wouldn't be able to defeat Rexxar. After all, what would Grom do when he is attacking Rexxar, but Misha is attacking him from behind or vice versa? He wouldn't be able to defend his backside. They both have their own advantages that can work for one opponent, but not the other. You see, it doesn't have to be like what most people are arguing, that just because one of them could beat one strong opponent automatically means they could beat all the other opponents that opponent has beaten. This is narrow thinking. It's not "one man can defeat all."

Oh and by the way. I have never read anything about Rexxar ever using a bow. Very strange for a hunter don't you think? I could be wrong about that though, and if I am please feel free to correct me. I hope i helped some of you guys from not being so closed minded and influencing your decisions just because you favor one over the other.

Rexxar is not a hunter and there is a lot in this thread that is not biased but rather just common sense. there is more making sense here than there are that are not. DarkC, Q'Anilia, Lich King, Obsidian Fury and more has all shared posts that were in fact not at all biased

RaizenYujiro
Originally posted by Hierarch
Rexxar is not a hunter and there is a lot in this thread that is not biased but rather just common sense. there is more making sense here than there are that are not. DarkC, Q'Anilia, Lich King, Obsidian Fury and more has all shared posts that were in fact not at all biased I am not trying to stir up an argument. I am just asking for more insight and confirmation. How can Rexxar not be considered a hunter? He is a beastmaster, and beastmaster falls under the category of a hunter doesn't it? He also has tamed beasts, which is the hunter's trademark. There doesn't seem to be any class difference between a hunter and a beastmaster. Honestly, what could be the difference between a beastmaster hunter and a beastmaster?

Also, in a recent World of Warcraft fall issue of PC Gamer magazine, Rexxar was in fact stated as a hunter under the 'Character Class' section on page 19. Why would Blizz allow that to be published by PC Gamer if it wasn't true?

Hierarch
I think it is more accurate to say that hunter falls under the category of beastmaster, at least in lore. I do not think hunters in lore actually have pets, which makes me also think that hunter falls under the category of beastmaster rather than the other way around, also because beastmastery is a different type of character than common hunters and rangers. there are no pets in the Warcraft manga or DC comic, and there are a lot of hunters there

his pet is not tamed, but rather a companion. he is more druid than hunter and in synch with nature. remember that Rexxar existed before World of Warcraft and beastmaster before hunter in Warcraft.
the reason Blizzard would say that could be to simplify for the less cunning and more into World of Warcraft than Warcraft 3 players what Rexxar was. in World of Warcraft, the closest to Rexxar you get is hunter, even though he is warrior and druid as well.

when it comes to PC Gamer, Blizzard has no control of what they write. they can, and often have written what they want. I have read a lot of inaccurate things in PC Gamer. one example of false information about World of Warcraft is the history of the Blood Elf in PC Gamer's first 2008 issue.
PC Gamer should not be trusted any more than you trust an online blog that write about Blizzard or the history of Warcraft

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.