Most Powerful Super Hero Team?

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Old-Wizard.com
Defenders:

Hulk, Silver Surfer, Dr. Strange, Namor

Avengers:

Captain America, Thor, Iron Man, Hawk Eye, Scarlett Witch

JLA:

Superman, Batman, Flash, Green Lantern, Martian Manhunter, Wonder Woman

X-Men:

Prof. X, Jean Grey, Cyclops, Wolverine, Colossus, Rogue, Gambit, Beast, Storm

jrodslam
Off the rosters youve selected

JLA
Defenders
Avengers
X-Men

I put X-Men last because they have 2 mind tappers, but every team has protection against that. JLA has the best, followed by Defenders. I believe Thor is resistant against it, but if not, can SW protect her team against Prof.X and Jean?

celestialdemon
With no prep and using "normal" versions (i.e. no WCP Jean or HoM Wanda), then I'll say the JLA.

SuperiorTech
I would say the jla then the defenders or the x-men to be detemined by if its regular jean or Pheonix also the avengers are also close by having thor on the roster.

rougeredmage
what about the squadron supreme !
hyperion, powerprincess, doctor spectrum, whizzer are just a few of the groups longrunners i am not going to name them all

the defenders where a powerfull team if they acted as a team but they where a non team and that was their weakness

nvrbeenwthagirl
The most powerful Super Team standard Roster is
The Authority.

Becuz of the Dr, the Engineer, and Quantum.

JLA can match that power with some of their members, but the standard fighting force is the original 7.

Mr.Biscuits
Classic JSA...biscuits

nimbus006
You could at least make the teams numerically even. Why make this thread if your going to have an uneven number of characters within each team. The obvious answer here is JLA. Give the defenders Hellstorm and Iceman, and maybe you have a fight.

Old-Wizard.com
Originally posted by nimbus006
You could at least make the teams numerically even. Why make this thread if your going to have an uneven number of characters within each team. The obvious answer here is JLA. Give the defenders Hellstorm and Iceman, and maybe you have a fight.

Not all teams have the same number of members. Not all fights on this forum, or any other for that matter are one-to-one match-ups. The Defenders may only have 4 members, but in my opinion are the most powerful team here.

Val
Pre Crisis Legion ftw.

Mr.Biscuits
Originally posted by Val
Pre Crisis Legion ftw. Originally posted by Mr.Biscuits
Classic JSA...biscuits

llagrok
Def
JLA
Avengers
X-men

2damnloud
Defenders
X-men
JLA
Avengers

Bouboumaster
Defenders. They have Namor and Hulk, an pobably the two biggest guns of the names listed: Silvr Surfer and Dr Stephen Strange.

Namor is a good fighter, current Hulk destroy the team "X-Men" by himself. Th only threat that I see to SS and Strange is Thor.

In my opinion, if they play well, it would go like this:

Defenders
JLA
Thor

Avenger (Thor would survive, the rest die)
X-Men

pr1983
Originally posted by Old-Wizard.com
Defenders:

Hulk, Silver Surfer, Dr. Strange, Namor

Avengers:

Captain America, Thor, Iron Man, Hawk Eye, Scarlett Witch

JLA:

Superman, Batman, Flash, Green Lantern, Martian Manhunter, Wonder Woman

X-Men:

Prof. X, Jean Grey, Cyclops, Wolverine, Colossus, Rogue, Gambit, Beast, Storm

assuming they're all at classic/current levels etc...

defenders
jla
avengers
x-men

i mean that in terms of pure power... if its all 4 in a ring at the same time, then:

jla
defenders
avengers
x-men

nimbus006
Not all teams have the same number of members. Not all fights on this forum, or any other for that matter are one-to-one match-ups. The Defenders may only have 4 members, but in my opinion are the most powerful team here.

I dont have a problem with making a less powerful team smaller in numbers, but you have put six (very powerful) members of the JLA on their roster and only 4 Defenders, and 5 Avengers (2 of which are street level). See what Im saying.

P.S The defenders are out gunned by the JLA here.

GL (depending on which GL) and MM take down SS, Flash and WW (depending on the scenario) take out Dr. Strange, Superman handles Hulk, and Batman gets crushed by Namor, but then help arrives and they pulverize Namor.

nimbus006
Originally posted by pr1983
assuming they're all at classic/current levels etc...

defenders
jla
avengers
x-men

How can they be at classic and current levels at the same time? confused

Old-Wizard.com
I dont have a problem with making a less powerful team smaller in numbers, but you have put six (very powerful) members of the JLA on their roster and only 4 Defenders, and 5 Avengers (2 of which are street level). See what Im saying.

P.S The defenders are out gunned by the JLA here.

GL (depending on which GL) and MM take down SS, Flash and WW (depending on the scenario) take out Dr. Strange, Superman handles Hulk, and Batman gets crushed by Namor, but then help arrives and they pulverize Namor.

I think I agree with your assessment, except I don't think its given Flash and WW take out strange. Superman beats Hulk...no arguments there...but I think Hulk effectively takes Supes out of the fight. MM and GL against SS isn't a given either though. That one I give to surfer, if he uses his full array of powers.

nvrbeenwthagirl
I think I agree with your assessment, except I don't think its given Flash and WW take out strange. Superman beats Hulk...no arguments there...but I think Hulk effectively takes Supes out of the fight. MM and GL against SS isn't a given either though. That one I give to surfer, if he uses his full array of powers.

HAL can beat surfer. He's got more feats.

nimbus006
I think I agree with your assessment, except I don't think its given Flash and WW take out strange.

Well thats why i said depends on the scenario. If Strange has some sort of shield or spell cast before the fight starts then its probably not going to be easy. However, if he doesnt Flash makes him pay.

Superman beats Hulk...no arguments there...but I think Hulk effectively takes Supes out of the fight.

Agreed.

MM and GL against SS isn't a given either though. That one I give to surfer, if he uses his full array of powers.

A good GL like Hal or Kyle will give Surfer trouble on their own. You add Martian Manhunter to the mix and they should effectively take out Surfer after a long hard battle.

nimbus006
Originally posted by nvrbeenwthagirl
HAL can beat surfer. He's got more feats.

What... did you count them all?

Both of them have thousands of feats. how do you know Hal has more?

tjcoady
Originally posted by Mr.Biscuits
Classic JSA...biscuits

have you ever read Golden Age JSA? Johnny Thunder, the Spectre, and Dr. Fate are powerful, but they're not written to anywhere near the levels they are today.

nvrbeenwthagirl
What... did you count them all?

Both of them have thousands of feats. how do you know Hal has more?

Hals older :P

nimbus006
Hals older :P

Actually, i dont think he is... smile

nvrbeenwthagirl
Actually, i dont think he is... smile
IN RL. Of course in comics, Surfer is like millions of years old.

nimbus006
IN RL. Of course in comics, Surfer is like millions of years old.

I know what you mean, Im just messing with you stick out tongue

Galan007
Hal's older, publication-wise. stick out tongue

nimbus006
Originally posted by Galan007
Hal's older, publication-wise. stick out tongue

Funny guys... stick out tongue

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.