S02E11 - Powerless

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

S_D_J
Official Episode Preview

Deep below Primatech Paper in Odessa, TX, Peter's reunion with Nathan turns violent when the brothers, Matt and Hiro all clash thanks to Adam and his pursuit of the deadly Shanti Virus. After watching his heroic cousin captured by a street gang, Micah turns to the one person who can help him save Monica -- his mom. Meanwhile, Maya tragically learns how much of a monster Sylar really is during his kidnapping of Molly and Suresh. Meanwhile, Elle decides to play hero to get back into her father's good graces.

Powerless Preview

_IzgFQVfDCg

Canadian Preview

K5h5Ay0Qdl4

Discuss...

S_D_J
Hopefully we'll get the action we were cheated out of last episode (and last season finale for that matter):

my predictions as to who dies: Niki (no brainer) and Mohinder

... though I have my doubts about Sylar being the second (or in this case 3rd) one to die.... and subsequently, be brought back from the dead.... yet again...

Entity
Man I just hope the heroes to fall are Nikki and ..... NOT PETER, HIRO, MATT OR NOAH!

Also watching that Canadian Preview again I bet West is one that dies!

Captain REX
I wish to note that Elle is featured in the American preview. Bell has noted that Elle is not around for the entire season (we're talking when the season wasn't going to cut at 11 episodes).

AstroFan
Originally posted by S_D_J
Hopefully we'll get the action we were cheated out of last episode (and last season finale for that matter):

my predictions as to who dies: Niki (no brainer) and Mohinder

... though I have my doubts about Sylar being the second (or in this case 3rd) one to die.... and subsequently, be brought back from the dead.... yet again...

I really dont think it will happen, but the way the preview is looks it seems like Hiro might die, but I just cant see them killing him.

We see Peter survives when you see him with Nathan, but they show Peter looking down at someone before leaving with Adam at Primatech. So he beats Hiro, but does Hiro die?

S_D_J
Originally posted by Captain REX
I wish to note that Elle is featured in the American preview. Bell has noted that Elle is not around for the entire season (we're talking when the season wasn't going to cut at 11 episodes).

you lost me there confused

... she said she was going to be in at least 13 episodes (pre-strike days), not clear though if that meant her character being in 13 episodes or she appearing in the first 13 episodes this season (again, pre-strike)

S_D_J

Entity
Originally posted by S_D_J
Could that Uncertain be Peter or Hiro Thats what I'm thinkin and hatin but those two and Noah are really the only ones I can see them getting that kind of a reaction for.

I know if its either I'll be pissed beyond all else but if its Peter I'm probably out all together.

They need to quit killing the good characters. Its cool to do it once in a while for the mear impact of it but doing it so much cheapens the effect and in fact the whole story pretty much. IMO

I mean serious think about the body count of cool characters already.

Linderman
DL
Simone
Issac, thou I don't miss him
Kaito
Ted
Alejandro, I don't give a rats ass about Maya but her brother was pretty cool.
Charlie
Eden
Mr Thompson

Ordained
I know what you guys mean. If they kill off one more main character just for the hell of it, Heroes will lose one more fan.

Neo Darkhalen
I have not being following the new series of heroes, much at all but it seems they have there own folly set, by the sucsess of the first series, the rushed stories of the second series, and all of the deaths; is there any actual plot, like the first series stop the exploding man, seires 2 where are the new villains/Plot?

Quincy
Originally posted by Neo Darkhalen
is there any actual plot, like the first series stop the exploding man, seires 2 where are the new villains/Plot?

It mainly deals with the company and who's behind it and whatnot. Also there is the virus that was talked about during the first season. That plays a big role as well.

Mairuzu
hopefully its nikki and maya... anyone else will be lame..

S_D_J
Originally posted by Entity
Thats what I'm thinkin and hatin but those two and Noah are really the only ones I can see them getting that kind of a reaction for.

I know if its either I'll be pissed beyond all else but if its Peter I'm probably out all together.

They need to quit killing the good characters. Its cool to do it once in a while for the mear impact of it but doing it so much cheapens the effect and in fact the whole story pretty much. IMO

I mean serious think about the body count of cool characters already.

Linderman
DL
Simone
Issac, thou I don't miss him
Kaito
Ted
Alejandro, I don't give a rats ass about Maya but her brother was pretty cool.
Charlie
Eden
Mr Thompson

after some thought... I'm afraid to admit this but, I think Noah could be the Uncertain one too.

I mean, just cuz he died once, it doesnt get him off the hook. I now it's retarded to have someone die, and bring him back just so they could kill him again, but Heroes hasn't been sparking clever this season. just as proof, he's rite back next episode, completely killing the recent sympathy for Claire, it makes her mourning and her new found determination completely pointless IMO.

I like Hiro a lot, but he being dead wouldn't be completely devastating. he's a great character but, we already have Peter with his power so...

and Peter, after thinking about it, I won't miss him that much. He's become way too powerful, even immortal, so blowing his head off would be a way of putting a stop to his ever growing power, and it would make Sylar a whole of a lot more interesting (more so than now)

but Bennet, there's no replacing him. Killing him would be the first nail in Heroes coffin (or maybe the second....)

... and then there's Sylar

Strangelove
I think Elle and Adam die.

Of course, they're not "Heroes", per se, but still

Mairuzu
cannot kill sylar.... i refuse!! im absolutely sure one of the is Maya... should be obvious right? hmm

Wouldnt be Noah, hes not a "hero" really...

The 2nd one im not to sure.. i was leaning toward nikki... maybe Elle?

Entity
Okay after allot of time to think at work last night my theory is this,

West is the one that is certain death and it will probably somehow be involving a plan of Noah's or this deal he's made. That will somehow come to cause West's death and drive that wedge back between Clarie and Noah they love to go back and forth with so much.

As much as I want her dead I'm also guessing that Nikki is the one that dies but almost immediately comes right back. She'll probably get real sick from the virus by trying to use her abilities to help Micah and save Monica or something and seemingly die from it only to be resurrected by Mohinder's new upgraded cure.

Hiro will probably be the one that's left uncertain or something. Don't really know how it will play out but I'm getting a strong vibe that he's the one they're gonna try and take out or at least just appear to that's suppose to be pissing everyone off. Maybe something like him and Takezo/Adam/Kensei, whatever the hell you wanna call him, will be locked in battle and it looks like Hiro takes a killing blow right as they vanish in one of Hiro's jumps. Now that one I really did just pull outta my ass.

Also I think Angela is and has been in on the whole thing form the very start. As have Bob and the company. I thing the whole thing with Maury was just his personal vendetta with the company and they just lied about him working with Adam. I'm also betting that whole thing between Matt and Angela was her just playing games with him. I mean she knows what his ability is and she's had experience with people that have had it with Maury. I say she was totally playing Matt like a chump, like she does practically everyone, and just didn't want him to find Victoria because she new he'd find out the truth about what they and Adam are up to. Hell I even think it was probably Angela that killed Aurther. She's a truly manipulative ***** and I really really want her to die and suffer in doing so.

Lastly as for Peter, hopefully this is whats going on but I highly doubt it.
Maybe he's well aware of what Adam is planning by some off panel mind reading and whatnot on Peter's part and really he's just seeing this through till it goes down so he can keep the time line back the way it was in the future he left Catlin in so he can go back and save her then return and destroy all the samples of the virus before Adam ever gets to them. This is because that's really the only way I can see him saving her. I would imagine that if anything at all happened to change the time line Catlin would be lost forever in a future that never comes to past. So he needs the time line to stay intact at least long enough to make sure he can save her and I mean with all his abilities its well within his limits to do all this if he just puts his mind to it.

But like I said that's what I hope is going down and probably not what actually is.

Any comments on my theories?

Mairuzu
Not really, just have to wait and see

S_D_J
3 Clips from Powerless

http://media.tv.ign.com/media/827/827560/vids_1.html

@st
Alright, after everything in the preview for last week actually happens this week, this is the show I been anticipating for weeks. roll eyes (sarcastic)

My money is on Hiro being one of the deaths.

Bardock42
Originally posted by Ordained
I know what you guys mean. If they kill off one more main character just for the hell of it, Heroes will lose one more fan. What is a good reason to kill a main character off?

Jimmy Buggs
The hiro/kensi story line wont end with this season. I mean think about it, why would you throw something like that away. One man can travel threw time and the other is immortal, that's a pretty original rivalry.

When its all said and done, the only characters that will stay forever are hiro, peter and clair. Peter and nathan already had a questionable maybe death last season

@st
For a show heavely focused on delivering shocking moments, anyone is expendable. Thats one thing about the shows format, in 3 or 4 years the entire cast could be different. It wont be, but its possible with the setup they have, so killing one out of a group of "main characters" isnt too bad.

If anyone is close to safe its Peter, since he is the "most powerful". But that could also be a curse, because what happens if he becomes too powerful and there is no drama?

Jimmy Buggs
Im not buyn that I mean it sounds good and thats what they might tell people. But the network isnt gunna kill hiro , clair or peter. Unless they want to quit the show. Or they kill hiro and have an alternate hiro that travels from the past to replace himself , thats a good comic book loop hole that brings people back from the dead.

@st
Much better finale than last year. I hope Niki is the sure death, but we arent that lucky. I expected the assassination, but im surprised it was Mr. Bennet, or so it seemed.

After 400 years we didnt get much of a Hiro/Adam showdown, but Hiro's solution was funny, and it sets up for next year's volume "Villians".

InnerRise
Actually we have no idea who murdered him. It didn't seem like anything.

So MAYA DIED! I was like, "Oh Noes!".....then I was like......."Hey, I don't even like her......YAY!"......then I was like, "Well she was coming along and getting some sense knocked into her the hard way (Pun unintended, then I realized it was a pun and intended it. Pun being the bullet being the sense that was knocked into her hardlaughcry)........so then I was like, "Ah man.....I don't want her to die......she just got more involved with the main cast and main storyline a bit".......so I was like, "D@mn"...........then she came back to life and I was like..........."HELLS YES!".

Good Episode.

Although by the end.......It felt rushed and didn't feel as Finale"ish" as I'd expected, although with all things considered, it's no surprise. (Strike)

It was an hour, but it felt more like 30 mins. (It's over already?......ah [email protected] it is)

herbcry

Anata wa wakarimasu ka.....

@st
Originally posted by InnerRise
Actually we have no idea who murdered him. It didn't seem like anything.

The guy walking away looked like Bennet to me.

Gideon
Originally posted by @st
The guy walking away looked like Bennet to me.

Agreed. It'd make perfect sense. The Company would obviously demand a demonstration of Bennet's loyalties. Not to mention he's the only one badass enough to kill Nathan while Peter and Matt are nearby.

superkronick92
That does it Heroes is the best but most frustrating show on TV

Mairuzu
Man, i liked Nathan.. ughh.. cant take the "FRYING MAN!" Too bad peter didnt stop time to see who the killer was

Cannot wait for volume 3 VILLAINS! this one will be pure badass.. yes! do we get to see some Peter vs Sylar action!?

It looked a lot like Bennett was the shooter, you can see his Glasses lol... his HRG's... so yes... it did seem like something

Did you guys notice that Bob's password for his comp was Midas lol

Im starting to like Elles character more then i use to

And i think its safe to say Adam got pwned by Hiro... can he survive without food? i cant see why not

[BAW]Endrict
Can they heal Nathan with Claire's blood?

Mairuzu
Originally posted by Endrict
Can they heal Nathan with Claire's blood? sylar took the rest of claires blood and claire is too far away to get to him in time i believe...

actually i dont know the amount of time a person can be dead in order to be brought back with the blood

starlock
It looked like bennet was the shooter also...imo
Peter will probably try and use his blood to cure nathan(its what i would do)

Not a great episode or season ending, i can see where the strike could be at fault, but this whole season was filled with disapointments,

When are they going to get rid of sylar....i am getting sick of all the lame ways they bring him into the story and the set-ups involved
If they would have killed him in the first season his role would have been legendary

Hiro and Adam...not happy with it , without the need to worry about harming one's self, i can see him escape after a month or so....unless someone saw somthing i did not, like shackles or reinforced casket, i mean a desperate human could start to damage the coffin and with regeneration, be able to keep it up for long periods

Matt came off the best...i see him being a force to be respected from now on

All in all a decent episode with alot of disapointments

Mairuzu
I wasn't disappointed what so ever.

Imo, i love having sylar as a villain, hes pretty badass.. cannot wait till volume 3

Entity
Originally posted by @st
The guy walking away looked like Bennet to me. I've checked it out a few times from these clips people posted.
JLW7nApaf7w

To me it just looks like a dark figure.

ELG9gm-pmsg

I see no proof of Bennet.
I can buy it being him thou. But I hope not.

Also who else is convinced Elle is gonna switch sides?
Not too sure Peter would want her on his team thou. lol

@st
I've checked it out a few times from these clips people posted.
KyAueCnwTk

On a big HDtv sure looked a lot like Bennet. stick out tongue

Mairuzu
well i recorded it on Tivo so i can see his glasses clearly, i guess we'll wait and find out!

InnerRise
I've checked it out a few times from these clips people posted.

I see no proof of Bennet.

Exactly.

Also, I really thought that they might reveal Mrs. Petrelli's Power last night. When she was talking to Nathan and Matt, and talking about the Original Group, I thought we'd finally know what it was........I wouldn't be surprised if we never knew what some of these people's powers are.

Ugh.

@st
We need a "Who shot Nathan" thread, and then next year we will see who is right. stick out tongue

I really hate Angela after last night. roll eyes (sarcastic)

exanda kane
Bennet logically has a reason to take out Nathan; the effect rule in this is that it will drive another wedge between Bennet and Claire, which seems the central relationship in the show. Lots of ammo for Season 3 then.

But, and I know he was seen far away after the clip, the man walking away was wearing a baseball cap and dark coat similar to that of Sylar's.

How do the schedules run in the US, for instance, where will Season 3 be expected to air?

@st
Who knows, with the writers strike going on like it is, there is honestly no way to say when the show will return.

I didnt even think of the one father killing the other angle with Claire, that could be huge. And what would it do to the relationship between her and Peter?

Strangelove
A fantastic way to end the volume.

Niki died a true hero's death, I still think everyone who hates her is crazy. And I was really bummed about Nathan too. Anyone else think that the company forced Bennet to kill him?

superkronick92
Bennet did probably do it. He is bad-ass but I think he is selfish as hell.

The World>>>>His Family

InnerRise
His family definitely comes first and foremost. If not.........he would have given Claire back to the company instead of keeping her.

S_D_J
I like this episode a lot.... I think I'll dare say it was better than last season...

one thing I didn't like though, Sylar... I'm getting tired of him, they are overusing him, and now he's "power"ful again... I think it would have been much better if they hadn't used him this mid-season, reveal he was alive around this finale, but not the way they use him....

I wonder what's gonna happen now, granted the strike it's over, how the hell are they going to handle Sylar?, he wasn't supposed to show up for the rest of the season (Star Trek), if the show comes back, we won't be seeing Sylar for the rest of the season, even though he started the new volume?

I know the strike has change a lot of thing in TV, could the reveal of Sylar getting his power back be the rewritten finale?

... on other things: Niki is dead, three were going to die, she's the certain one. She (Ali Larter) was going to be out for the rest of the season anyways (just like Zachary Quinto)

Nathan could be brought back, I mean, Claire could still bring him back, Peter could fly to pick her up.... just an idea, not an impossible one.

She was dead and even got an autopsy, and still survive, Peter was dead for quite sometime, and still was brought back, Noah was most definitely dead, and still brought back, funny thing about him, he was shot in the eye (in the head), was dead, and still Claire's blood brought him back. doesn't that contradict the whole "bullet on the head and Adam/Peter is dead" thing?

"Who shot Nathan"? it didn't look like Bennet to me, he was a bit skinny, he looked like Sylar or Peter...
http://img451.imageshack.us/img451/4622/maybebennetdj4.jpg
http://img451.imageshack.us/img451/9797/maybebennet2gi3.jpg

but after some thought, Bennet being the killer could be great material for the next volume...

and hopefully, no more West big grin.... j/k

I liked the episode, Dunno if I loved it, but it was certainly a better finale then last season... I wasn't disappointed, last week filler episode totally paid off this week... hopefully the strike gets over with soon, and we could still enjoy the rest of the season.

EDIT: I've just read this on E!:

WTF? Jessica back? messed

Captain REX
Nathan's death shocked the hell out of me. Niki's, not so much, though I thought it wasn't such a great way to go. She was being a hero, but it was just so pitiful without her super strength...

Mairuzu
petervssylarpetervssylar!

starlock
Well as for nathan being dead...not sure
Even nikki who can tell

I am wondering, peter almost became a bad guy, was manipulated by adam, was involved in a murder , almost took out matt and his brother! etc etc etc....all this for a woman......who the show just forgot about? Where was the reveal or ending for that, just another thing that occured to me....did i miss somthing?

Captain REX
That wasn't meant to be the end...I'm sure Peter is still pursuing the issue with Caitlin.

Ultra Omega
I personally think the blood of a regenerater is a pretty shitty plot device. It essentially takes away the dramatic effect gained from having a character die, simply because we know that it doesn't have to be permanent.

Mairuzu
looks like we dont need lindermans power anymore hah

InnerRise

Mairuzu
lol imagine if she had her power?

chickenlover98
what i dont understand is why peter doesnt use his blood. he has the power so technically his blood can regen things too. how is everyone missing this?

InnerRise
Originally posted by chickenlover98
what i dont understand is why peter doesnt use his blood. he has the power so technically his blood can regen things too. how is everyone missing this? This has been pointed out before. Everybody isn't missing this.

I'm guessing Peter isn't aware that his blood more than likely has regenerative powers.

Captain REX
I think Peter needs to borrow Bennett's power of intelligence, from time to time...

Ordained
You ain't never lied, Rex yes

stickman618
WTF kind of an ending was that???

when did Peter get so retarded?? 3 people told him that Adam wanted to release the virus and he never thought to read his mind??

Sylar's gonna be the bad guy again??

looks like the writers went on strike early and the producers decided to write the series

i can't believe it was only 11 episodes

Entity
Originally posted by stickman618

when did Peter get so retarded?? 3 people told him that Adam wanted to release the virus and he never thought to read his mind??

looks like the writers went on strike early and the producers decided to write the series

i can't believe it was only 11 episodes Yea I gotta say as much as I love Peter they made him a major ****tard at the end of volume 2.

And I mean its so so many ways he could've done all that better.

1. READ ADAM'S MIND!
2. Don't think everyone you know is full of crap and 1 Person you've barely known is right without serious proof
3. If you want the virus gone do it yourself.
4. Walk threw the vault instead of ripping the door open so anyone can get to it.
5. Teleport inside the vault!
6. Wonder why Adam is so easily hurting/killing people!
7. Read other people's minds to see what they really do know about the situation.
8. Quit being so damn stupid!

Thou I think I do know how Peter can save Catlin without screwing up time! Maybe?

Teleport back to when they accidentally went to the future. Turn invisible and wait till after he last sees her before he returns. As soon as she's outta sight from his old self grab her and transport her back to the present.

Might not work but its the only thing I can come up with. Cause realistically I think she's lost forever in a time that will never come.

Poor Peter, can't just have a woman to make him happy. sad

Mairuzu
Originally posted by stickman618

i can't believe it was only 11 episodes note that it saiys VillainSSSS not villain

Strangelove
Yea I gotta say as much as I love Peter they made him a major ****tard at the end of volume 2.

And I mean its so so many ways he could've done all that better.

1. READ ADAM'S MIND!
2. Don't think everyone you know is full of crap and 1 Person you've barely known is right without serious proof
3. If you want the virus gone do it yourself.
4. Walk threw the vault instead of ripping the door open so anyone can get to it.
5. Teleport inside the vault!
6. Wonder why Adam is so easily hurting/killing people!
7. Read other people's minds to see what they really do know about the situation.
8. Quit being so damn stupid!

Thou I think I do know how Peter can save Catlin without screwing up time! Maybe?

Teleport back to when they accidentally went to the future. Turn invisible and wait till after he last sees her before he returns. As soon as she's outta sight from his old self grab her and transport her back to the present.

Might not work but its the only thing I can come up with. Cause realistically I think she's lost forever in a time that will never come.

Poor Peter, can't just have a woman to make him happy. sad The answer to your 8 points is that Peter was blinded by his desperation to get Caitlin back and he trusted Adam. You don't go behind the back of someone you trust.

Mairuzu
adam helped him out of prison, and peter being as oblivious and gullible as he is... he trusted adam

stickman618
but what about Hiro?

the person who started his heroic journey,
the person who became his friend
the person he trusted

chickenlover98
look peter is retarded. clearly his judgement is impaired. he has no strategy. what we NEED is future peter. the badass one who can plan shit. also future hiro. seriously is it that hard to realize the obvious. sometimes you just get that urge to smack a character.

stickman618
i know!

it was so obvious that Adam wanted to release the virus(because everyone said so)

Jimmy Buggs
I just thought it was stupid. Peter and adam both walked threw the prison walls. Why not walk threw the vault door also? I mean I know why they (writters) made him rip it off the wall becasue of how cool it was, but it makes peter seem like a tool.

chickenlover98
also he took too long. if he can move a ****in big ass truck, he can rip a tiny metal door to shreds. be consistant writers

Mairuzu
im sure a truck is a lot easier to rip than that vault door...

im sure sylar could have ripped the vault door off with one finger hah

stickman618
yeah, Sylar knows exactly how to control all of his powers

while Peter has to figure them out one by one

chickenlover98
Originally posted by Mairuzu
im sure a truck is a lot easier to rip than that vault door...

im sure sylar could have ripped the vault door off with one finger hah

perhaps, but a truck weighs 10 tons or so. i seriously doubt that a vault door weighs that much. the point is the truck weighs more.

Entity
Originally posted by chickenlover98
perhaps, but a truck weighs 10 tons or so. i seriously doubt that a vault door weighs that much. the point is the truck weighs more. yea but a truck is mobile while the vault door is made to be kept extremely secure and closed at heavily guarded as it can be.

S_D_J
Let's just agree it was retarded to pry the vault open instead of phasing through it.

doesn't matter how heavy it is, he should have just walked through it

Jimmy Buggs
Peter is a dummy. Why be upset if your brother gets shot a couple times. Just inject some of your blood in him. It doesnt even have to be right away. Think about it, HRG got shot awhile before he was brought back by clairs blood

chickenlover98
well i guess he opened it so adam could see the virus or something.....? point is he is dumb to blindly trust people. he has matt's powers. why doesnt he use them?

peter -hey look some random guy who wants to help.... maybe i should read his mind to find out his true intentions????

stickman618
Originally posted by Jimmy Buggs
Peter is a dummy. Why be upset if your brother gets shot a couple times. Just inject some of your blood in him. It doesnt even have to be right away. Think about it, HRG got shot awhile before he was brought back by clairs blood

i think maybe Peter's blood is "contaminated" with other powers

that's why it can't be used... maybe... i dunno

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.