Top 10 Most powerful Heroes

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

nimbus006
This list was posted by Quanchi on another thread. It was made a few years back by Wizard Magazine, and i just have a few problems with some of the characters on this list, such as Prof. X, Wonder Woman, Hulk who shouldn't even be on it. Here it is:

http://www.silver-surfer.us/Top10list/Top10List.htm

So who do you think would make this list today?

Only Marvel/DC, and only heroes.

I believe the intention was to make it no one above high herald level.

Here are a list of some characters to help you decide

Off the top of my head, there could be and probably are others

Dr. Strange
Dr. Fate
Black Bolt
Adam Warlock
Wonder Woman
Martian Manhunter
WWH (or the last version we saw of him)
Orion
Captain Marvel (DC)
Captain Marvel (Marvel)
Captain Atom
Genis-vell
Black Adam
Iceman
Flash
Gladiator
Sentry
Nova
Quasar (Wendall)
Thor/BRB
Superman
Firestorm
Green Lantern (Kyle or Hal)
Silver Surfer

Old-Wizard.com
Spawn, Flash, Wonder Woman and Firelord don't belong.

I'd say Sentry is missing... and Hulk should be higher.

Old-Wizard.com
1. Thor
2. Silver Surfer
3. Superman
4. Hulk
5. Sentry
6. Dr. Strange
7. The Martian Manhunter
8. Black Bolt
9. Prof. X
10. Green Lantern

Old-Wizard.com
Maybe Shazam should be on there too. Have to think about this...

nvrbeenwthagirl
Originally posted by Old-Wizard.com
Spawn, Flash, Wonder Woman and Firelord don't belong.

I'd say Sentry is missing... and Hulk should be higher.

You saying Flash wonder woman and spawn don't belong isn't accurate at all. and they based the list upon well known characters as they battle each other. To be honest flash would be at the top of the list as he'd beat almost anyone becuz he'd get the drop on them.

Photon009
1. Lord Marvel

2. Photon Genis

3. Moonstone Zemo

4. Dr. Fate

5. Sentry

6. Annihilation Silver Surfer

7. Current Nova

8. World War Hulk

9. Black Adam

10. Green Lantern Hal Jordan

If Current Thor still has the Runes and/or the Odinforce, then he's probably #1. But we dont know for sure yet. Also, Ion Sodam Yat would be #1 as well, even above Rune Thor if he has the original Ion power, but if he has the second Ion power or anything less, he'll be around #3 or 4. But just like with Thor, we simply dont know yet.

Gecko4lif
This extends to all versions (and isnt in order)
Dr. Strange
Black Bolt
Orion
Genis-vell
Flash
Thor/BRB
Superman
Silver Surfer
Hourman

Old-Wizard.com
Originally posted by Photon009
1. Lord Marvel

2. Photon Genis

3. Moonstone Zemo

4. Dr. Fate

5. Sentry

6. Annihilation Silver Surfer

7. Current Nova

8. World War Hulk

9. Black Adam

10. Green Lantern Hal Jordan

If Current Thor still has the Runes and/or the Odinforce, then he's probably #1. But we dont know for sure yet. Also, Ion Sodam Yat would be #1 as well, even above Rune Thor if he has the original Ion power, but if he has the second Ion power or anything less, he'll be around #3 or 4. But just like with Thor, we simply dont know yet.

Can you explain your reasoning for putting Sentry above SS and Hulk? Also, why do you think Nova could beat Hulk?

Old-Wizard.com
Wonder Woman can be shot. Granted so can Prof. X. and Dr. Strange, but not likely.

The Flash has no means to defeat Thor. SS Sentry and Superman are all fast enough to negate any big advantage he would have over them...

nimbus006
Maybe Shazam should be on there too. Have to think about this...

Both Sentry and Captain Marvel are on my list. Furthermore, my list is just a guide to by so you can list what you think is your ten most powerful heroes.

Also i stated no one above high herald level. I see some people talking about Rune King Thor and Ion which would not be allowed on this list.

id369

iceman24567
Wonder Woman can be shot. Granted so can Prof. X. and Dr. Strange, but not likely.

The Flash has no means to defeat Thor. SS Sentry and Superman are all fast enough to negate any big advantage he would have over them... The Flash would destroy Thor in a fight.

nimbus006
1. Thor
2. Silver Surfer
3. Superman
4. Hulk
5. Sentry
6. Dr. Strange
7. The Martian Manhunter
8. Black Bolt
9. Prof. X
10. Green Lantern

This list is a bit off. Prof X should NOT be on a list of the ten most powerful heroes in both Marvel and DC.

nimbus006

id369
Well scratch that one of the list.

nimbus006
Originally posted by iceman24567
The Flash would destroy Thor in a fight.

I know that seems to be the consensus around here, and i know that there is a thread going on right now regardin thee two(which i wont even dare to jump in on), but i really just dont see that happenning. Just my opinion tho. smile

id369

Kutulu
Would the new Ion be considered above high herald?

nimbus006
Originally posted by Kutulu
Would the new Ion be considered above high herald?

IMO, yes... so for the purposes of this thread leave him out.

Old-Wizard.com
The question isnt if flash could BEAT Thor, its if he could HURT him. Bottom line: Thor could take anything the Flash could dish out and then some. The flash has been beat by normal humans before.

Prof. X is insanely powerful btw

nimbus006
The question isnt if flash could BEAT Thor, its if he could HURT him. Bottom line: Thor could take anything the Flash could dish out and then some. The flash has been beat by normal humans before.

I know he is, but he isnt in the top 10 of both companies.

id369
The current Ion or Parallax do not seem to be above Herald Level.

bobbi

Doesn't Flash have that infinite mass punch? That should hurt thor.

Soljer
So many lists, so messed up, so little time.

Horrificus
1. The Weird
2. Dr. Strange
3. Black Adam
4. Firestorm
5. Thor
6. Hal Jordan
7. Guy Gardner with Yellow Power Ring
8. Silver Surfer
9. Superman
10. Quasar, (Wendell)

carver9
Thor
Silver surfer
Beta ray bill
Sentry
Captain Marvel
Black Adam
Binary
rachel summers
Cable (godlike)
Black bolt

carver9
Originally posted by carver9
Thor
Silver surfer
Beta ray bill
Sentry
Captain Marvel
Black Adam
Binary
rachel summers
Cable (godlike)
Black bolt

Now the most powerful on my list would be between silver surfer and thor since there out put of power is enormous and both could almost do about anything. By the way, flash licks would hurt thor but it wont put him down. Thor has the potential to beat flash.

Mr.Biscuits
Fate should be #1 by default...

nvrbeenwthagirl
If we were going by power out put, then It would have to be Orion. NO one hero is messing with the power of the Astro force. Now if we are going by showings, Then Superman. IF going by versatility, Easily Silver Surfer, Thor, Hal JOrdan, Firestorm. So I'm going to try and make this list as if each one had to fight the other.

Sadom Yat
Flash
Silver Surfer
Hal Jordan
Orion
Superman
Thor
Firestorm
Wonder Woman
Dr. Strange
Dr. Fate

I know it's a bit off but some of these heroes could defeat others easily but not someone else lower. For instance, I give Dr. Strange good odds against Superman, but he gets whooped by Wonder Woman or Thor due to thier awesome resistance to Magic. Providing of course that he actually has his shields up at the start of the fight.

carver9
Originally posted by nvrbeenwthagirl
If we were going by power out put, then It would have to be Orion. NO one hero is messing with the power of the Astro force. Now if we are going by showings, Then Superman. IF going by versatility, Easily Silver Surfer, Thor, Hal JOrdan, Firestorm. So I'm going to try and make this list as if each one had to fight the other.

Sadom Yat
Flash
Silver Surfer
Hal Jordan
Orion
Superman
Thor
Firestorm
Wonder Woman
Dr. Strange
Dr. Fate

I know it's a bit off but some of these heroes could defeat others easily but not someone else lower. For instance, I give Dr. Strange good odds against Superman, but he gets whooped by Wonder Woman or Thor due to thier awesome resistance to Magic. Providing of course that he actually has his shields up at the start of the fight.

Let me correct your list. Since this is MOST POWERFUL, not who can beat who.

Sadom yat
Silver surfer=Thor
Hal jordan
Fire storm
Dr Strange
Fate
Orion
Superman
Wonderwoman
Flash

Thats who's the most powerful, now in a fight.

Sadom yat
Silver surfer=Thor
Hal
Flash
Firestorm (using his potential)
Orion=Superman=wonderwoman (full potential orion with mother box is up there with thor and surfer).
Doctor strange
Fate

nvrbeenwthagirl
Let me correct your list. Since this is MOST POWERFUL, not who can beat who.

Sadom yat
Silver surfer=Thor
Hal jordan
Fire storm
Dr Strange
Fate
Orion
Superman
Wonderwoman
Flash

Thats who's the most powerful, now in a fight.

Sadom yat
Silver surfer=Thor
Hal
Flash
Firestorm (using his potential)
Orion=Superman=wonderwoman (full potential orion with mother box is up there with thor and surfer).
Doctor strange
Fate
There isn't anything that surfer or THor can do that the GL's cannot. There are things that GL's have done that Thor and surfer cannot.

Mr. Slippyfist
There isn't anything that surfer or THor can do that the GL's cannot. There are things that GL's have done that Thor and surfer cannot. Make an indestructible board?
Shoot real lightning?

carver9
There isn't anything that surfer or THor can do that the GL's cannot. There are things that GL's have done that Thor and surfer cannot.

I kind of agree and disagree, the reason Im doing this is because of the power difference between the three. Thor and surfer power out put is about the same but they still have a little difference. Gl's powers are total different since there powers work on the imagination. The only things that a gl do is create were as thor and surfer has numerous of other powers that would take up a page.

Gl is veeery powerful and that why I put him right under thor and surfer, he is almost there equal but I just dont think that he IS there equal.

Like I said, a thor or surfer, if they use all of there power that they have in there disposal in a fight, they could possibly be unbeatable ( Im not referring to sky fathers).

carver9

take someones soul, astral form, destroy a planet with a hit, create tornadoes, hail, rain, sleet, fog, lift something that has the weight of a planet, absorb a sun, give life, take someones power away from them, absorb a planet destroying blast like it was nothing.

Thats just a small list.

quanchi112
Originally posted by nimbus006
This list was posted by Quanchi on another thread. It was made a few years back by Wizard Magazine, and i just have a few problems with some of the characters on this list, such as Prof. X, Wonder Woman, Hulk who shouldn't even be on it. Here it is:

http://www.silver-surfer.us/Top10list/Top10List.htm

So who do you think would make this list today?

Only Marvel/DC, and only heroes.

I believe the intention was to make it no one above high herald level.

Here are a list of some characters to help you decide

Off the top of my head, there could be and probably are others

Dr. Strange
Dr. Fate
Black Bolt
Adam Warlock
Wonder Woman
Martian Manhunter
WWH (or the last version we saw of him)
Orion
Captain Marvel (DC)
Captain Marvel (Marvel)
Captain Atom
Genis-vell
Black Adam
Iceman
Flash
Gladiator
Sentry
Nova
Quasar (Wendall)
Thor/BRB
Superman
Firestorm
Silver Surfer Ok this will be difficult.

1.Silver Surfer
2.Thor
3.Sentry
4.Superman
5.Black Adam
6.Hal Jordan
7.Beta Ray Bill
8.Quasar
9.Nova
10.Gladiator
11.Kyle Rayner
12.Hulk(note Hulk would be a lot higher if this were his strongest version but it isnt fair to give him his strongest version and not the others imo here).

Im not really familiar with Genis vell and some of the other characters on this list and this list was made very quickly so a few could slide up the list and down. Here my list right now.

nvrbeenwthagirl
take someones soul, astral form, destroy a planet with a hit, create tornadoes, hail, rain, sleet, fog, lift something that has the weight of a planet, absorb a sun, give life, take someones power away from them, absorb a planet destroying blast like it was nothing.

Thats just a small list.

All of that can be done by a GL. The ring does WHAT EVER the wearer imagines.

Kutulu

Except create permanent items and not run out of juice eventually.

carver9

Do you have on panel proof of him doing anything similar to the above because mjolnir is stated as having the power to do almost anything but I can name about 10 things that it cant do. On panel proof would be nice instead of hyperbole.

quanchi112
Except create permanent items and not run out of juice eventually. thumb up

quanchi112
All of that can be done by a GL. The ring does WHAT EVER the wearer imagines. Scans?

nvrbeenwthagirl
Except create permanent items and not run out of juice eventually.

Kyle created a permanant rose for donna, and permanant legs for this guy who didn't have any. Surfer and Thor also don't have infinite power. Now show thor or surfer holding a big Bang.

carver9
Kyle created a permanant rose for donna, and permanant legs for this guy who didn't have any. Surfer and Thor also don't have infinite power. Now show thor or surfer holding a big Bang.

I never said that he couldnt hold a big bang, he might had to create a forcefield (not around himself, even though I know your referring to imperex, but around the blast) around the blast. I told you that he only has the power to create objects. Thor and surfer has so much more. We named you powers that they have and what they can do, you tell us about him creating a forcefield around a blast. Tell me if you see the difference, thor can take your soul, gl can create a force field, thor can bring up a tornadoe, gl can create a big hammer. Do you see the difference.

nvrbeenwthagirl
I never said that he couldnt hold a big bang, he might had to create a forcefield (not around himself, even though I know your referring to imperex, but around the blast) around the blast. I told you that he only has the power to create objects. Thor and surfer has so much more. We named you powers that they have and what they can do, you tell us about him creating a forcefield around a blast. Tell me if you see the difference, thor can take your sould, gl can create a force field, thor can bring up a tornadoe, gl can create a big hammer. Do you see the difference.

A GL can change thier DNA and give themselves power. A GL created the justice who all had thier powers. This would include making a being like the red tornado who does create tornado. You get it now? There isn't anything that Thor or Surfer can do that a GL can't replicate in some way form or fashion. As for absorbing souls, kilowog did one better and absorbed his entire planets souls. Next.

quanchi112
Still waiting on the scans.

nvrbeenwthagirl
Originally posted by quanchi112
Still waiting on the scans.
Get off your lazy ass and go to the GL respect threads. That is where i"m getting alot of my info.

quanchi112
Get off your lazy ass and go to the GL respect threads. That is where i"m getting alot of my info. Post them. You have the burden of proof on you. You claim all these things while just the other night I shut you down on your hilarious Darkseid and his durability could only store the omega powers. Prove something as I Did just last night. I didnt direct you to the comic I showed you. smile

nvrbeenwthagirl
Post them. You have the burden of proof on you. You claim all these things while just the other night I shut you down on your hilarious Darkseid and his durability could only store the omega powers. Prove something as I Did just last night. I didnt direct you to the comic I showed you. smile

http://www.killermovies.com/forums/f95/t366379.html

quanchi112
http://www.killermovies.com/forums/f95/t366379.html Im not searching the entire respect thread for you. Anyways the green lantern rings need to charge thus making them inferior to the mjolnir.

carver9
A GL can change thier DNA and give themselves power. A GL created the justice who all had thier powers. This would include making a being like the red tornado who does create tornado. You get it now? There isn't anything that Thor or Surfer can do that a GL can't replicate in some way form or fashion. As for absorbing souls, kilowog did one better and absorbed his entire planets souls. Next.

You do know who kilowog is, dont you. To my knowledge when he pulled that feat, he had more then one ring and you keep bringing up create, Im asking you what he can do himself instead of him creating anything. Silver surfer and thor are a liiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiittle more vesatile then gl but gl is just as powerful. And to have superman on your list, you might as well have gladiator, hyperion, da**, I can even go as far as wonderman. Superman has nice powers but he aint even close to having the power of a gl or surfer or thor but hes still bad as hell.

nvrbeenwthagirl
You do know who kilowog is, dont you. To my knowledge when he pulled that feat, he had more then one ring and you keep bringing up create, Im asking you what he can do himself instead of him creating anything. Silver surfer and thor are a liiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiittle more vesatile then gl but gl is just as powerful. And to have superman on your list, you might as well have gladiator, hyperion, da**, I can even go as far as wonderman. Superman has nice powers but he aint even close to having the power of a gl or surfer or thor but hes still bad as hell.

Superman's power out put is just as great as anyone elses. He can pwn thor or surfer with t-vo quite easily.

carver9
Superman's power out put is just as great as anyone elses. He can pwn thor or surfer with t-vo quite easily.

Answer this, when was the last time he used tvo and how many times did he use it his entire career. I didnt say that superman wouldnt give thor or surfer a challenge, I said that he aint as powerful as the two. The only output of power that superman has is heat vision and ice breath, thats it, the rest of his powers are physical combat. Thor and surfer has so much more that its rediculous. Like I said, Superman dont belong on the list unless you add hyperion, gladiator, you can even put wonderman up there because they are superman identicals ( i give superman a nod against wonderman though).

nvrbeenwthagirl
Answer this, when was the last time he used tvo and how many times did he use it his entire career. I didnt say that superman wouldnt give thor or surfer a challenge, I said that he aint as powerful as the two. The only output of power that superman has is heat vision and ice breath, thats it, the rest of his powers are physical combat. Thor and surfer has so much more that its rediculous. Like I said, Superman dont belong on the list unless you add hyperion, gladiator, you can even put wonderman up there because they are superman identicals ( i give superman a nod against wonderman though).

YOu are trying to use versatility as a gage for power output. Martain Manhunter is more verstatile than thor. Does that mean he can beat thor? Hyperion, Gladiator, nor wonder Woman whistle and crush brains or put people to sleep or hypnotize them. None of them shout and release sonic booms. None of them have saved the omniverse.

nimbus006
Carver i agree with you, but your argument is getting a little lost in the ambiguity between versatility and raw power. The former does not equal the latter. You can have a swiss army knife which is more versailte than my .357, but ill take my chances with the cannon.

However, IMO Surfer is both a little more versatile and powerful than GL. The main reason being his ability to tap into and be amplified by the power cosmic. While GL is limited to the power of the ring, and his will + imagination.

They would probably be 1 and 2 on my list.

carver9
YOu are trying to use versatility as a gage for power output. Martain Manhunter is more verstatile than thor. Does that mean he can beat thor? Hyperion, Gladiator, nor wonder Woman whistle and crush brains or put people to sleep or hypnotize them. None of them shout and release sonic booms. None of them have saved the omniverse.

Never, Like I told you before, I never said that superman wouldnt give anyone on my list a fight, this thread is about who is more power and thor has superman. Im not saying that superman cant beat thor because he could get some wins over thor (even though I give thor the majority) but when it comes to overall power thor has that in spades along with surfer.

You do know that superman is dc's #1 ticket. I dont doubt that theyll have a comic where superman is beating the hell out of spectre, if you look at superman powers, he shouldnt be able to do half the things that he does. example, one shotting despero, a guy that took on the entire jla, jsa, along with some other hero's. Figthing darkseid and withstanding his omega effect, wow, gods tremble at darkseids oe but superman can take it.

Superman isnt all that power to do all the things that he does but he is going to continue to do it because he's superman. By the way, superman didnt save the omniverse under his own power. 1st he gained the power of blue superman again and then when he fought brainiac he had to sundipp for a while and the only thing that he done then was just move a small size planet. Thats a feat that gladiator could have pulled since he is a planet pusher.

carver9
Originally posted by nimbus006
Carver i agree with you, but your argument is getting a little lost in the ambiguity between versatility and raw power. The former does not equal the latter. You can have a swiss army knife which is more versailte than my .357, but ill take my chances with the cannon.

However, IMO Surfer is both a little more versatile and powerful than GL. The main reason being his ability to tap into and be amplified by the power cosmic. While GL is limited to the power of the ring, and his will + imagination.

They would probably be 1 and 2 on my list.

Youre right, sorry about that, sometimes I dont know how to word things but you said it alot better then I did.

nimbus006
Youre right, sorry about that, sometimes I dont know how to word things but you said it alot better then I did.

thumb up

Superherovandal
Seriously I think Surfer is no more powerful except for the fact that he does not have to recharge

quanchi112
Never, Like I told you before, I never said that superman wouldnt give anyone on my list a fight, this thread is about who is more power and thor has superman. Im not saying that superman cant beat thor because he could get some wins over thor (even though I give thor the majority) but when it comes to overall power thor has that in spades along with surfer.

You do know that superman is dc's #1 ticket. I dont doubt that theyll have a comic where superman is beating the hell out of spectre, if you look at superman powers, he shouldnt be able to do half the things that he does. example, one shotting despero, a guy that took on the entire jla, jsa, along with some other hero's. Figthing darkseid and withstanding his omega effect, wow, gods tremble at darkseids oe but superman can take it.

Superman isnt all that power to do all the things that he does but he is going to continue to do it because he's superman. By the way, superman didnt save the omniverse under his own power. 1st he gained the power of blue superman again and then when he fought brainiac he had to sundipp for a while and the only thing that he done then was just move a small size planet. Thats a feat that gladiator could have pulled since he is a planet pusher. I agree whole heartedly. Superman is dc's number one ticket and they have him doing insane ridiculous feats from time to time. Most agree Superman and his feats sometimes bring down the collective might of dc becuz what they fail to do as a whole he can sometimes just do on his own. It definitely seems that way.

But with regards to Darkseid now he isnt as powerful as people claim he is currently.

carver9
nevr, I got a question for you, who do you think can win in a fight, odin or superman?

Got another question for you?

Now when you answer this, I want you to answer it as if its happening in a comic by dc writers, not on the forum.

What if marvels odin came to dc and fought the jla and destroyed all of the members leaving noone but superman standing ready to take odin out and that was the end of that comic, it said to be continue. What would you be expecting to happen in the next comic thats going to come out with superman facing odin.

Give me your answer then I'll tell you why I asked you that.

quanchi112
Originally posted by Superherovandal
Seriously I think Surfer is no more powerful except for the fact that he does not have to recharge Do you think Surfer is on par with any old gl, the best of the gl's, or are you just saying in theory?

carver9
Seriously I think Surfer is no more powerful except for the fact that he does not have to recharge

I disagree, I can give you two of surfer powers to one of superman powers if we were to name there abilities.

Soljer
The Surfer and a (top) Lantern are pretty much dead equal, save the 'recharge' caveat.

nvrbeenwthagirl
nevr, I got a question for you, who do you think can win in a fight, odin or superman?

Got another question for you?

Now when you answer this, I want you to answer it as if its happening in a comic by dc writers, not on the forum.

What if marvels odin came to dc and fought the jla and destroyed all of the members leaving noone but superman standing ready to take odin out and that was the end of that comic, it said to be continue. What would you be expecting to happen in the next comic thats going to come out with superman facing odin.

Give me your answer then I'll tell you why I asked you that.

Superman would likely lose or get bitched as he has most of his career by Darksied, AM, mxy ect. Superman wins only by plot device. Or higher characters forgetting thier powers. Odin isn't know for hand to hand, so he won't fall victim to that.

Val
I disagree, I can give you two of surfer powers to one of superman powers if we were to name there abilities.
1. Power Cosmic

quanchi112
Superman would likely lose or get bitched as he has most of his career by Darksied, AM, mxy ect. Superman wins only by plot device. Or higher characters forgetting thier powers. Odin isn't know for hand to hand, so he won't fall victim to that. But according to you Supes has grown in power thus explaining why Darkseid cant beat on him like he did the past. Supes hasnt grown enough in power to even give Odin a challenge. Odin stomps Supes.

nvrbeenwthagirl
But according to you Supes has grown in power thus explaining why Darkseid cant beat on him like he did the past. Supes hasnt grown enough in power to even give Odin a challenge. Odin stomps Supes.

What the hell are you taking about? I just said Odin beats Superman due to him not being a physical character. Must you always just have something to say? You aren't even saying anything noteworthy.

quanchi112
What the hell are you taking about? I just said Odin beats Superman due to him not being a physical character. Must you always just have something to say? You aren't even saying anything noteworthy. I merely corrected you is all. Darkseid cant beat on Superman anymore becuz according to you he has grown in power. In the past Darkseid could but not anymore. Darkseid beat on a less powerful Superman according to you than the current more powerful Superman.

Odin>>>>Superman everytime.

nvrbeenwthagirl
I merely corrected you is all. Darkseid cant beat on Superman anymore becuz according to you he has grown in power. In the past Darkseid could but not anymore. Darkseid beat on a less powerful Superman according to you than the current more powerful Superman.

Odin>>>>Superman everytime.

What the **** are you correcting me for? When you aren't correct? DS just pwned Superman in the death of the new gods today. Almost killed him. And he used his control of the shadow demons. Something he DOESN"T need the ALE for as shown in last issues Death of the new gods. I said Odin isn't physical. So he will beat on superman easily. Now go away.

quanchi112
What the **** are you correcting me for? When you aren't correct? DS just pwned Superman in the death of the new gods today. Almost killed him. And he used his control of the shadow demons. Something he DOESN"T need the ALE for as shown in last issues Death of the new gods. I said Odin isn't physical. So he will beat on superman easily. Now go away. I havent read that. I will soon though but I bet it wasnt one on one.

nvrbeenwthagirl
I havent read that. I will soon though but I bet it wasnt one on one.

LMAO. Poor thing. I told you it was coming. DS has control of the shadow demons via his own power. He almost killed Superman.

quanchi112
LMAO. Poor thing. I told you it was coming. DS has control of the shadow demons via his own power. He almost killed Superman. Yes I know Ds has parademons as well. But if uses his troops any branch of it isnt a one on one fight now is it? It makes perfect sense that he would use shadow demons to give him an edge becuz last time these two met Ds fled when it was a one on one situation.

smile

nvrbeenwthagirl
Yes I know Ds has parademons as well. But if uses his troops any branch of it isnt a one on one fight now is it? It makes perfect sense that he would use shadow demons to give him an edge becuz last time these two met Ds fled when it was a one on one situation.

smile
UM No. the Shadow Demons aren't parademons. Shadow demons are a direct manifestation of DS own powers. As shown in the last new gods issue.

quanchi112
UM No. the Shadow Demons aren't parademons. Shadow demons are a direct manifestation of DS own powers. As shown in the last new gods issue. Ill comment on the fight after I read it later tonight at midnight. I cant speculate on this until I read it. Maybe Ds did finally whip his ass on his own. Its about time but it still doesnt change his other poor showings against Supes.

Ill comment after midnight when I read it.

Ps I never said they were but they are under Ds control is what I meant.

nvrbeenwthagirl
Ill comment on the fight after I read it later tonight at midnight. I cant speculate on this until I read it. Maybe Ds did finally whip his ass on his own. Its about time but it still doesnt change his other poor showings against Supes.

Ill comment after midnight when I read it.

Ps I never said they were but they are under Ds control is what I meant.

It goes to show what we've been saying FOREVER. DS powers make his way over superman. his physical might is of no consequence when he has so many powers that can kill superman.

quanchi112
It goes to show what we've been saying FOREVER. DS powers make his way over superman. his physical might is of no consequence when he has so many powers that can kill superman. No it doesnt. First off I used to say this as well but have changed my opinion. Again I cant get into what happened in death of the new gods three becuz i havent read it yet. Ds using shadow demons to me doesnt sound like a one on one fight. It sounds as if the writers decided for his last story to pump him up with new features for the sake of the story. How does he have shadow deomns all of a sudden when he never had them before?

laughing

nvrbeenwthagirl
No it doesnt. First off I used to say this as well but have changed my opinion. Again I cant get into what happened in death of the new gods three becuz i havent read it yet. Ds using shadow demons to me doesnt sound like a one on one fight. It sounds as if the writers decided for his last story to pump him up with new features for the sake of the story. How does he have shadow deomns all of a sudden when he never had them before?

laughing

He never had the omega being before seven soldiers either. he never waved his hand and shot out a force blast before firestorm. His omega powers are very versatile.

quanchi112
He never had the omega being before seven soldiers either. he never waved his hand and shot out a force blast before firestorm. His omega powers are very versatile. Is seven soldiers before or after supermanbatman 42?

nvrbeenwthagirl
Is seven soldiers before or after supermanbatman 42?

Before.

quanchi112
Before. Ok then why did he run from Superman in that issue? With all the powers he had he could have just hand gestured a quick ko and then left in style,right?

laughing

nvrbeenwthagirl
Ok then why did he run from Superman in that issue? With all the powers he had he could have just hand gestured a quick ko and then left in style,right?

laughing

At that point, It was shown that He had to work with effort to manifest his omega powers due to him getting weaker and weaker due to the source wall. I thought you kept up with DS in your quest to make him look bad? U should have known that.

quanchi112
At that point, It was shown that He had to work with effort to manifest his omega powers due to him getting weaker and weaker due to the source wall. I thought you kept up with DS in your quest to make him look bad? U should have known that. When did it say that? When in the story did it say that? He was on the source wall and it drained his power. He wasnt on it in this story and your making stuff up again.

nvrbeenwthagirl
When did it say that? When in the story did it say that? He was on the source wall and it drained his power. He wasnt on it in this story and your making stuff up again.

You fail. It was explained in Superman batman in the beginning of the story arc that DS had to work hard to manifest his omega powers. nice try tho. I don't make up anything. Please just stop now before I get the isssue number and own you.

nvrbeenwthagirl
Superman batman number 40, DS could barely manifest his powers.

Firestorm number 35. DS controls the shadow demons before he's shown using the ALE piece.

Death of the New gods 2, DS shows the Shadow demons are manifestations of his power without the ALE on panel, as he summons one of his dead concubines.

spidey-dude
surprised i havent seen anyone add storm to the 10 lists unless i missed it

quanchi112
You fail. It was explained in Superman batman in the beginning of the story arc that DS had to work hard to manifest his omega powers. nice try tho. I don't make up anything. Please just stop now before I get the isssue number and own you. Go ahead and post it. He just got his omega powers back. He wasnt having any trouble manifesting them he was before he got them back through desaad but not since he used him as a conduit.

quanchi112
Superman batman number 40, DS could barely manifest his powers.

Firestorm number 35. DS controls the shadow demons before he's shown using the ALE piece.

Death of the New gods 2, DS shows the Shadow demons are manifestations of his power without the ALE on panel, as he summons one of his dead concubines. Yes Ds powers also include making his parademons do whatever he wants. Still doesnt make it one on one. smile

nvrbeenwthagirl
Yes Ds powers also include making his parademons do whatever he wants. Still doesnt make it one on one. smile

You fail. I owned you. issue numbers, instances. You can't stand that i'm correct and this is the best shit you can come up with? Actually I expected as much. The Parademons are not manifestions of his powers. So are you telling me if a GL makes superman clones while fighting someone, that isn't his power? That is what you are saying. Or it's not a one on one? Get the **** outta here with your bullshit.

quanchi112
You fail. I owned you. issue numbers, instances. You can't stand that i'm correct and this is the best shit you can come up with? Actually I expected as much. The Parademons are not manifestions of his powers. So are you telling me if a GL makes superman clones while fighting someone, that isn't his power? That is what you are saying. Or it's not a one on one? Get the **** outta here with your bullshit. When I read it Ill be able to better tell you but if hes raising concubines as his shadow demons or whatever you were saying hes using his powers to get his troops fight with him.

nvrbeenwthagirl
When I read it Ill be able to better tell you but if hes raising concubines as his shadow demons or whatever you were saying hes using his powers to get his troops fight with him.

Quan this already happened in death of the new gods two. you should have read it already if you were actually reading shit like you say. You find scans that demean dS and never know what happened before or after. that is why I not respect your opinion when it comes to DC characters. Especially ones you do not like.

King_Mungi
Darkseid just beat Superman with the Shadow Demons and nearly killed him till Mr.Miracle saved him in Death of the New Gods #3. Under his control he actually has made the Shadow Demons stronger, and Superman even mentions that and even says "again I've underestimate Darkseid's power!"

Food for thought, just throwing this out there as I don't really care about this debate

quanchi112
Quan this already happened in death of the new gods two. you should have read it already if you were actually reading shit like you say. You find scans that demean dS and never know what happened before or after. that is why I not respect your opinion when it comes to DC characters. Especially ones you do not like. I like Darkseid and will read it and respond after I do but you keep responding to me. When I read it Ill get back to you.

nvrbeenwthagirl
Originally posted by King_Mungi
Darkseid just beat Superman with the Shadow Demons and nearly killed him till Mr.Miracle saved him in Death of the New Gods #3. Under his control he actually has made the Shadow Demons stronger, and Superman even mentions that and even says "again I've underestimate Darkseid's power!"

Food for thought, just throwing this out there as I don't really care about this debate

Quan please read what Mungi posts.

quanchi112
Quan please read what Mungi posts. Cant not until I read the comic? Where the hell did you read the comic anyways I cant find it anywhere?

nvrbeenwthagirl
Cant not until I read the comic? Where the hell did you read the comic anyways I cant find it anywhere?
Um The comic store.

quanchi112
Um The comic store. Then why isnt it on any of the sites if it came out today?

nvrbeenwthagirl
Then why isnt it on any of the sites if it came out today?
You should actually buy DC comics. So you won't look lost like you are now. Basically Superman says that he has under estimated Darky's power. And it nearly cost him life. And he says he underestimates superman's power again. meaning more than once.

King_Mungi
All comic books shipped out in Canada today, that's why I read it already

*salutes the Canadian flag*

quanchi112
All comic books shipped out in Canada today, that's why I read it already But isnt the US >Canada in everything besides hockey.

laughing laughing out loud rolling on floor laughing

Im just kidding ya. Ill read it tomorrow.

Still how did Nver read it if he lives in chicago?

quanchi112
You should actually buy DC comics. So you won't look lost like you are now. Basically Superman says that he has under estimated Darky's power. And it nearly cost him life. And he says he underestimates superman's power again. meaning more than once. How am I lost? I said I didnt read it. Once I do I said Ill come back and explain what Im sure you misinterpreted. If Darkseid just plain beats him down Ill give him credit.

I mean dude I hate Superman.

King_Mungi
But isnt the US >Canada in everything besides hockey.

laughing laughing out loud rolling on floor laughing

Im just kidding ya. Ill read it tomorrow.

Still how did Nver read it if he lives in chicago?

We invented the phone and the zipper..we win smile

He didn't, he read my spoiler tags for the issue in another thread.

quanchi112

He didn't, he read my spoiler tags for the issue in another thread. So he lied about buying it in the comic book store.

nvrbeenwthagirl

He didn't, he read my spoiler tags for the issue in another thread.

big grin

King_Mungi
How am I lost? I said I didnt read it. Once I do I said Ill come back and explain what Im sure you misinterpreted. If Darkseid just plain beats him down Ill give him credit.

I mean dude I hate Superman.

HE didn't, the Shadow Demons did. Superman confronts them and tries his heat vision against them, which worked last time he fought them but it fails here. He thus quickly realizes DS has made them stronger and they nearly absorbed him and yada dada.

He also freezes Orin in place with the partial Anti-life equation, but then Mr.Miracle humbles him with his FULL Anti-Life equation. Silly DS stick out tongue

nvrbeenwthagirl
HE didn't, the Shadow Demons did. Superman confronts them and tries his heat vision against them, which worked last time he fought them but it fails here. He thus quickly realizes DS has made them stronger and they nearly absorbed him and yada dada.

He also freezes Orin in place with the partial Anti-life equation, but then Mr.Miracle humbles him with his FULL Anti-Life equation. Silly DS stick out tongue

But it is DS Omega powers that control and summon the demons. As superman says, I understimate, DARKSIED"S powers.

Endless Mike
Unless Darkseid became a hero in some new comic I missed, I don't know why you are discussing him in a "most powerful heroes" thread

quanchi112

He also freezes Orin in place with the partial Anti-life equation, but then Mr.Miracle humbles him with his FULL Anti-Life equation. Silly DS stick out tongue So Ds in a sense doesnt beat Superman? laughing laughing laughing

Ds got humbled to.

laughing laughing laughing

King_Mungi
But it is DS Omega powers that control and summon the demons. As superman says, I understimate, DARKSIED"S powers.

Correct,

Darkseid: "To me, my Shadow Demons!"

nvrbeenwthagirl
Correct,

Darkseid: "To me, my Shadow Demons!"
In case you missed it Quan.

quanchi112
Correct,

Darkseid: "To me, my Shadow Demons!" Starlin it seems understands Darkseid. He knows that he always gets his underlings to do shit for him.

laughing

This is just as I thought and I didnt even read it.

King_Mungi
So Ds in a sense doesnt beat Superman? laughing laughing laughing

Ds got humbled to.

laughing laughing laughing

Naaa...the demons are his power, just meant he physically didn't beat him ala punching

He also came out still pretty impressive, as even with the Full Anti-Life Equation Mr.Miracle couldn't make DS tell him what he wants due to his knowledge of the equation

quanchi112
Naaa...the demons are his power, just meant he physically didn't beat him ala punching

He also came out still pretty impressive, as even with the Full Anti-Life Equation Mr.Miracle couldn't make DS tell him what he wants due to his knowledge of the equation Oh yes I understand. But isnt it jus like him using parademons only slightly different. In one on one confrontations with Superman he needs someone to have his back.

nvrbeenwthagirl
Oh yes I understand. But isnt it jus like him using parademons only slightly different. In one on one confrontations with Superman he needs someone to have his back.

No. Becuz the parademons are not creations of DS. The shadow demons are his power. It's just as if a GL made constructs to fight someone. It's still the GL's powers. I already showed DS ability to do this in our battle zone.

King_Mungi
Oh yes I understand. But isnt it jus like him using parademons only slightly different. In one on one confrontations with Superman he needs someone to have his back.

Superman didn't even come face to face with DS in the comic, the Shadow Demons appeared and Superman decided to stay back so Orin and Mr.Miracle decided to go for DS. DS then activates his partial anti-life equation and freezes them in place while Superman deals with the demons and loses.

quanchi112
Superman didn't even come face to face with DS in the comic, the Shadow Demons appeared and Superman decided to stay back so Orin and Mr.Miracle decided to go for DS. DS then activates his partial anti-life equation and freezes them in place while Superman deals with the demons and loses. Oh ok. Glad to see Supes got his ass kicked and ds didnt do it personally. I win.

King_Mungi
Oh ok. Glad to see Supes got his ass kicked and ds didnt do it personally. I win.

Like I said above, HE didn't do it *shrugs*

Just explaining the circumstances

nvrbeenwthagirl
Now how didn't DS do it personally? So explain tis quan, if GL uses a constructed robot from his ring to beat a bad guy, he didn't beat the bad guy?

quanchi112
Like I said above, HE didn't do it *shrugs*

Just explaining the circumstances Got it. smile

The world is as it should be.

quanchi112
Now how didn't DS do it personally? So explain tis quan, if GL uses a constructed robot from his ring to beat a bad guy, he didn't beat the bad guy? Different altogether. Ds didt personally beat Superman. The shadow demons did.

big grin

Old-Wizard.com

supes heat vision can generate the power of the sun.

Old-Wizard.com
i notice many people havent included cap marvel (shazam)

Galan007
Firestorm number 35. DS controls the shadow demons before he's shown using the ALE piece. In all fairness,
We never actually saw Darkseid control any Shadow Demons during that issue.

Ouallada
Originally posted by Endless Mike
Unless Darkseid became a hero in some new comic I missed, I don't know why you are discussing him in a "most powerful heroes" thread

Don't you know? "All roads lead to Rome" is passe these days. "All threads lead to Darkseid" (and Thanos, Superman, Surfer, Hulk and Storm) is the revisionist take on the phrase.

nvrbeenwthagirl
Different altogether. Ds didt personally beat Superman. The shadow demons did.

big grin

No it's not. You suck at arguing.

quanchi112
No it's not. You suck at arguing. Nver I dont argue I debate, please i dont want another flame war. Again Ill read it later today after work and then Ill get back to you when I can fully discuss on all the details of this latest occurrence.

Im not pleased you lied to me about buying the comic at a comic shop. It shows what you will lie about something silly and that even you didnt read the whole story as of yet.

quanchi112
Originally posted by Galan007
In all fairness,
We never actually saw Darkseid control any Shadow Demons during that issue. Good point. Ds it seems has new powers and needs them to overcome Supes. He also has a portion of the ale which Im sure comes in more than handy.

Horrificus
No it's not. You suck at arguing. laughing out loud

Galan007
He also has a portion of the ale which Im sure comes in more than handy. I find it odd when people talk about Darkseid possessing a piece of the ALE, as if it's some kind of 'new thing' srsly...

I mean,
Darky's held a fraction of it, since the "Cosmic Odyssey" days:

http://i165.photobucket.com/albums/u43/Galan007/th_ale22.jpg

So for about 20 years now. smile

nvrbeenwthagirl
Nver I dont argue I debate, please i dont want another flame war. Again Ill read it later today after work and then Ill get back to you when I can fully discuss on all the details of this latest occurrence.

Im not pleased you lied to me about buying the comic at a comic shop. It shows what you will lie about something silly and that even you didnt read the whole story as of yet.

Quan you are no one to lie to kid. I've read the story last night. You shoudl try it. It's a good read. One so complex, I doubt you'll understand it tho.

nvrbeenwthagirl
Good point. Ds it seems has new powers and needs them to overcome Supes. He also has a portion of the ale which Im sure comes in more than handy.

He's never needed the ALE to control the shadow demons.

nvrbeenwthagirl
Originally posted by Galan007
I find it odd when people talk about Darkseid possessing a piece of the ALE, as if it's some kind of 'new thing' srsly...

I mean,
Darky's held a fraction of it, since the "Cosmic Odyssey" days:

http://i165.photobucket.com/albums/u43/Galan007/th_ale22.jpg

So for about 20 years now. smile

Which is quite odd. Either the writers forgot about that, or something. I mean even in DOTNG DS won't submit to about to being tortured by The Full ALE. Which means all of those showings where he submits to Superman are WAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAY off character.

llagrok
Which is quite odd. Either the writers forgot about that, or something. I mean even in DOTNG DS won't submit to about to being tortured by The Full ALE. Which means all of those showings where he submits to Superman are WAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAY off character.

Don't believe him.

Gay people are like women, and women lie.

nvrbeenwthagirl
Originally posted by llagrok
Don't believe him.

Gay people are like women, and women lie.

Women don't lie. They just bend the perception of the truth to suit thier own needs. Anyway, I own the story. DS won't submit to a threat even from the ALE. And Mister Miracle Agrees.

llagrok
Women don't lie. They just bend the perception of the truth to suit thier own needs. Anyway, I own the story. DS won't submit to a threat even from the ALE. And Mister Miracle Agrees.

http://i39.photobucket.com/albums/e156/marvelkris/fun%20pics/1191450482320.jpg

Old-Wizard.com
Personally I can't decide whose more powerful, Black bolt or prof. x. otherwise my list would be ok with me.

yugotank
Spectre?

Horrificus
Seriously I think Surfer is no more powerful except for the fact that he does not have to recharge That's because he is more powerful.

dawsey28
confused

http://www.killermovies.com/forums/showthread.php?threadid=341894&pagenumber=1

Coincidentally, I don't agree with the list I posted at the time. Times do change.

Val
Women don't lie.
Fail.

Kutulu
Women don't lie. They just bend the perception of the truth to suit thier own needs.
lmao

Bentley
Bump for the win.

zeel

perhaps physical strength sure. But superman depends to much on physical strength theses days and SS and thor have way to many abilities for supes to deal with. Anyone of them can defeat the other under the right circumstances.

BTW

WW should not even be considered to be in the top 10 thats rediculous she has not earned it. Neither has martian manhunter. They are both tough but not in the top 10. Now thats not to say they couldnt at times compete with some in the top ten. Hell black adam and Captian marvel deserve a top 10 before them to.

On sever occasion black adam literaly raped MM and left him for dead. One time BA actually showed compasion and respect for mm AND SPARED HIS LIFE. And every fight i have seen with WW vs Captian marvel, only seen 3. They all ended up as a draw and cap had the uper hand every time got the most hits in. And just like superman was holding back while wonder woman was going ape shit.

Endless Mike
Pre-Retcon Beyonder for about half of an issue

zeel
YOu are trying to use versatility as a gage for power output. Martain Manhunter is more verstatile than thor. Does that mean he can beat thor? Hyperion, Gladiator, nor wonder Woman whistle and crush brains or put people to sleep or hypnotize them. None of them shout and release sonic booms. None of them have saved the omniverse. [/QUOTE

give me some examples of MM competeing with the likes of thor and dominating the same advesaries that thor has delt with. MM cant even beat CM or BA. MM is a very dangerous individual and against some oponents he may have a edge. Some characters may be physically tougher then others but that dont mean they are going to consistanly win.

Example

martian manhunter would fair better against superman then captian marvel or BA, Yet supes is a bit tougher then both of them. Why? He has less problems messing with supes brain the adams head. Everytime he tries adam wipes the floor with him. BTW BA almost killed MM but alowed him to live, hey what a great guy =)

I will agree with you that MM is very versital individual but will not go so far as to say hes more so then thor. Nope.

superman,black adam,captian marvel and thor >MM any day of the weak however supes would prolly be the most threatend by mind attacks from MM. And yet this dosent mean its not within the realm of possibility that MM couldnt pull off a win against theses guys casue i thik he could. But then again this is not a bad thing. The nice thing bout supes is hes got weaknesses. And at times he does lose fights and thats ok. But over all hes still physically tougher then thor,cap,BA and thor. Now that doesnt mean that hes got there number.

in comics theses days strength is becoming very over rated theses days.

As far as Superman,Thor,black Adam,Captian Marvel,Martian Manhunter,WonderWoman go.

WW and MM are the weakest links in my book. And yet i think they have a better chance at defeating superman prolly the strongest of the above mentioned characters. And the the reason i say this is he has alot of weaknesses that can be exploited and hes to one dimensional. Kinda like the hulk but not so much.

DigiMark007
Zeel, nvr's banned. He's not going to respond.

stick out tongue

A definition of "hero" might be in order. Naming abstracts is well and good, but most don't qualify as heroes. And non-partisan "forces" like Galactus and Pheonix likely don't count either.

Somewhere on my list:
Various Doctors (Strange, Fate, Manhattan, The Doctor, etc.)
Ion
Sentinel Alan Scott
Some version of Franklin Richards
Superman 1 Million
Surfer
Thor
Various versions of Superman
Hal/Kyle
Jenny Quantum
Majestic

That's about all I can think of right now.

Endrict Nuul
Originally posted by DigiMark007

The Doctor,

To bad he can be effected by TP powers...... stick out tongue

DigiMark007
...not gonna bite.

angel

Though I am going to have to mythbust that sh*t over in the comic forum once I compile all my stuff for the update.

dawsey28
Originally posted by dawsey28
confused

http://www.killermovies.com/forums/showthread.php?threadid=341894&pagenumber=1

Coincidentally, I don't agree with the list I posted at the time. Times do change.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.