Qui-Gon Jinn and Mace Windu

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Darth Ninja
There has been a lot of talk about Qui-Gon Jinn and Mace Windu not being very fond of each other. Some have gone as far as to say they are rivals to each other. Others have speculated that Mace is Qui-Gon's 1st (and unnamed) Padawan, but the two had a falling out at sometime.

Mujaffa
well the same had qui gon with obi-wan...but obi came to his sences and became a jedi.. but this is in wrong section

Darth Ninja
I posted in the right section. Qui-Gon and Mace Windu are both canon characters.

Julie
According to EU wasn't Qui-gon's first apprentice some kid who went to the dark side????(Jedi Apprentice Series)

Sabrea
erm...yes...i didnt read them..but i was told about them and QGJ's first apprentice..

LanceWindu
Mujaffa's right.

This is EU, even though it involves canon characters.

If it didn't happen in the movies then it is non-canon.

Darth Ninja
Okay, forget about the EU part (for now). I'm now talking about Qui-Gon and Mace Windu attitudes towards each other. It's very apparent they aren't fond of each other. Did you see Mace's face when he dimissed Qui-Gonn with great skepticism? "Bring him before us." Then the obvious agitation during the argument betwen Qui-Gon and Mace over Anakin's training.

Ushgarak
I just think that was the standard friction QGJ had with the Council; Windu was in a 'Oh, if you INSIST!' mood there. They had clearly had a lot of hassle with him before- but they respected him too.

LanceWindu
Yeah they knew that Qui-Gon had the strength and the knowledge to become a Council member, but they all knew about his extra excapades of not listening to the Council.

ToMacco
Qui-gon wasn't on the Jedi Counsel because he has several DWI's.

I don't rule out Mace being a traitor (although I highly doubt it)

Julie
traitor?????where

Ushgarak
Common theory.

Julie
somehow I always miss these things...

Bespin Bart
btw, that first apprentice of Qui-Gon Jinn was Xanatos. He became a Dark Jedi after Qui-Gon killed his father, who was the head of some big criminal organization. Sadly, I don't have a picture.

Darth Ninja
Xanatos is EU. It was originally stated that Qui-Gon had three Padawans. Why no one ever writes about his first Padawan is beyond me. The Jedi Apprentice novels have screwed up a few things like C'boath still being alive (when DFR say he was killed earlier) and Qui-Gon only having two apprentices. EU is just that EU. The only reliable source is canon. I'm stating to lose my taste in EU because there are more and more contradictions and screw-ups. Long live canon!

Ushgarak
It is too nebulous; EU has never had enough central control. Each new line is a different interpretation. It is fair enough, but a continuity nightmare.

Darth Ninja
Yes. The continuity absolutely sucks! The stories are (usually) good. Personally, I like collecting the WEG and WOTC Star Wars RPG sourcebooks.

Ushgarak
Much as I liked WEG, they were the source of a lot of continuity trouble. They made up a lot of stuff- some rather hastily thought out (some very amusing errors on their schematics!), and then for some reason it all got picked up as gospel. A huge swathe of EU- even the Insider's Guide discs, which are otherwise great- have stuff based on nothing that came from Lucasfilm, just stuff from the first edition role-play supplements! Yikes!

GordonSkywalker
I don't think Mace Windu was Qui-Gon Jinn's first apprentice. I don't think he was ever his apprentice to begin with. As far as EU goes-as already pointed out -this is not the place for this discussion. And yes I brought the topic back so I could add my thoughts as a sort of epilogue.

cookies2006
I fully agree Gordon.

Darth Ninja
I merely pointed out that some SW fans think MW is QGJ's first apprentice. There is isn't enough evidence (canon and EU) to even hint at that, except that QGJ is 20 years older than MW.

cookies2006
I think Qui Gon was closer to Yoda than he was to Mace.

GordonSkywalker
Possibly. There is no sure way to know for sure without the release of the next chapter and that is still a while away.

cookies2006
Far , Far, AWAY.

GordonSkywalker
Yes it is all speculation at the moment. But I did not know Qui Gon was 20 years older than Mace Windu?

Ushgarak
Doesn't look it.

Corran
Mace's paper round was up hill.

GordonSkywalker
I figured they were about the same age.

cookies2006
Black people age slowly. Which is good for them.

GordonSkywalker
Where did you discover this?

cookies2006
i have black friends. {There moms & dads} are like 50 or some and they look about 30 or some.

Darth Ninja
Mace Windu was not Qui-Gon's first (and unanamed) Padawan. He was old enough. By the time Mace reached Padawan age QGJ was teaching Xanatos. If you watch TPM closely you'll notice that QGJ and Mace don't seem to be particularly close to each other. QGJ's heated disagreements with Mace seem to prove this. Usually a master and Padawan will still be close after they go separate ways.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.