fury

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

xxxpoppunker182
What did all of you think of the book

JediSamuraiMRB
Loved it.

Gideon
Nice signature. Didn't get to read it yet (too busy with an AP project), but I hear Jacen finally kicks some booty.

Darth Hord
Originally posted by Gideon
Nice signature. Didn't get to read it yet (too busy with an AP project), but I hear Jacen finally kicks some booty.

Me too, I got about 3 project to work on and i have not been able to get this book and the new essential guide.

hereatlast
I didn't know of any new essential guide. Do tell!

Darth Hord
Originally posted by hereatlast
I didn't know of any new essential guide. Do tell!

Lightsnake has a thread about here. http://www.killermovies.com/forums/f6/t471086.html

Darth Sexy
I'm very disappointed with how they are completely overpowering Jacen. Kyle, who may very well be Luke's equal in lightsaber combat, was absolutely no match for Jacen, along with all of the jedi knights. That's absolutely ridiculous as it's debatable if even Luke could stand that kind of an onslought. Then the book goes on to say that Jacen is possibly the greatest lightsaber duelist ever. Ridiculous crap if you ask me.

Atticus
Originally posted by JediSamuraiMRB
Loved it.

why do you like njo and legacy so much?

Darth Hord
Originally posted by Atticus

Because he is in love with jacen solo big grin

Gideon
Originally posted by Darth Sexy
I'm very disappointed with how they are completely overpowering Jacen. Kyle, who may very well be Luke's equal in lightsaber combat, was absolutely no match for Jacen, along with all of the jedi knights. That's absolutely ridiculous as it's debatable if even Luke could stand that kind of an onslought. Then the book goes on to say that Jacen is possibly the greatest lightsaber duelist ever. Ridiculous crap if you ask me.

It's illogical when analyzing the scope of the continuity but necessary for the plot of the series. Luke obviously needs a formidable opponent, and having Jacen as anything approaching sub-par would remove any sense of threat, wouldn't you say?

Darth Sexy
Originally posted by Gideon
It's illogical when analyzing the scope of the continuity but necessary for the plot of the series. Luke obviously needs a formidable opponent, and having Jacen as anything approaching sub-par would remove any sense of threat, wouldn't you say?

Yes, I would agree in terms of the plot for the series, but the plot itself is making these books very unrealistic and I don't want to be speaking for everybody, but I don't think these books will yield much response from fans. If anything. there will lots of anger based on certain events from LOTF. And if you're going to make Jacen the main bad guy, at least make his rise in the force believable. Not "Oh he traveled for 5 years so now he's a force god and a saber god". Plus, it wouldn't make much sense to call him a better lightsaber duelist than Luke or even defeat Luke since Luke is supposed to be the most powerful being in the SW universe. They could have done this crap so much better.

exanda kane
Yes, but this is Star Wars. Bad writing runs amock.

truejedi
I gotta say i love the series, (don't like the villian, but understand why he's so powerful) I'm also hating how he's taking out Jedi Masters left and right, and why they act like a Jedi Knight is absolutely NO match for a master. ever. That shouldn't really be true, or they wouldn't have the Knights in combat until after they attain master.
yeah, i love the series, but this book kinda dragged... The sith simply shouldn't exist right now, or Darth Vader didn't really destroy the Sith, which is messing with canon, and i hate books that contradict previous books. Seemed like the whole point of this book was: 1. Allana is kidnapped. 2. Jacen kills people. 3. The Jedi get Allana back. 4. The end. This one lacked plot. The series is pretty much exactly where it was at the end of the last book.

Morridini
Don't see why people is against Jacen someday getting at the same powerlevel as Luke, there is nothing to say that Luke should have more potential then Jacen/Jaina. If father and son had equal potential (Anakin and Luke), then why not Father, daughter and then grandchildren? (Anakin, Leia and Jacen/Jaina). It's obvious that force powers doesn't diminish.

Melcórë
Originally posted by Morridini
Don't see why people is against Jacen someday getting at the same powerlevel as Luke, there is nothing to say that Luke should have more potential then Jacen/Jaina. If father and son had equal potential (Anakin and Luke), then why not Father, daughter and then grandchildren? (Anakin, Leia and Jacen/Jaina). It's obvious that force powers doesn't diminish.

I don't think it's the fact that Jacen is so powerful, it's the fact that it happened in so relatively short a time. That's my beef, at least. Where a few books ago, Jacen would have been slaughtered by any number of his predecessors, now he's powerful enough to pretty much kill anybody he sets his eye on.

Morridini
"Fast" in comparison to what?
It started when he was captured by the Vong in NJO, how much time has transpired? And how long did it take for Luke to reach his best? With keeping in mind that Jaina/Jacen had been groomed for this since birth, unlike Luke.

xxxpoppunker182
it took jacen 1 second. when he killed mara. for some reason killing mara made him so powerful and thats a load of bs. he went from dueling mara and she was in control of the fight to being able to take on Kyle and some knights just because he killed mara. it's like in the highlander after he killed her he got her power at least thats what i thought of.

xxxpoppunker182
sorry for the double post

What did you all think of Ben? I like what they are doing with him. The only thing i dislike is that the authors make him out to be scared of his father so he won't tell luke everything. and I think that Ben will be the one who deals the killing blow to jacen.

Darth Sexy
Not only that, but Jacen suddenly gets these magical powers after declaring himself a dark lord of the sith. That's pretty gay.

Also, how the hell could Jacen superior to, or even on par with Luke? Luke's father was the Chosen One so I could see how he could somehow get his potential, although from a biological standpoint it makes no sense, considering Anakin was born of the force so nobody would have his potential. But Jacen is the son of Leia and more than likely the bloodlines get watered down, especially since she married Han. I hate the fact how Anakin Solo was supposed to be the powerful one, and GL changed that to Jacen because he thought fans might get confused.

GahLakTus
I think LOTF's canon status should get renounced, there is literally a truck load of bullshit spilling out as every book comes out and several inconsistencies along with it.

Seeing its so inconsistent and riddled with blatant bullshit , im not going to even bother buying the book

Morridini
Not only that, but Jacen suddenly gets these magical powers after declaring himself a dark lord of the sith. That's pretty gay.

Also, how the hell could Jacen superior to, or even on par with Luke? Luke's father was the Chosen One so I could see how he could somehow get his potential, although from a biological standpoint it makes no sense, considering Anakin was born of the force so nobody would have his potential. But Jacen is the son of Leia and more than likely the bloodlines get watered down, especially since she married Han. I hate the fact how Anakin Solo was supposed to be the powerful one, and GL changed that to Jacen because he thought fans might get confused.

Well GL has said so, Luke could reach Anakins potential. Thus midichlorians doesn't follow biology. Say Anakin had 100 units of midichlorians, he forms spawns with a non-force sensitive chick, and his spawn also has 100 units of midichlorians, thus, the spawn spawn should also have 100 units of midichlorians.

Melcórë
Well GL has said so, Luke could reach Anakins potential. Thus midichlorians doesn't follow biology. Say Anakin had 100 units of midichlorians, he forms spawns with a non-force sensitive chick, and his spawn also has 100 units of midichlorians, thus, the spawn spawn should also have 100 units of midichlorians.

That's where we should ignore GL, then...."units of midi-chlorians"? WTF....making someone's Force-potential (or whatever) at all determinable scientifically has to be the worst idea ever thrust upon the SW universe....I'm all for leaving it vague.

BTW: Worst Force-power? Yeah, "flow-walking." Reading about it on the web was bad enough; actually reading the book made me want to vomit....

Morridini
Well we are talking about things that are canon, thus we can't ignore GL.

As for flow-walking, why? Loved it, timetravel is always fascinating.

Melcórë
Well we are talking about things that are canon, thus we can't ignore GL.

As for flow-walking, why? Loved it, timetravel is always fascinating.

Unfortunately so. stick out tongue

Uh, because it makes everything in the SW universe invalid. If one could affect the past in such a way, any number of events (etc.) could be altered. I can just see it being used by authors to "retcon" what they don't like about the SW continuity.

Besides, timetravel is just so....plebian. It's far too common in Sci-Fi, and should definitely have been kept out of SW.

BTW: That's just my opinion, so....

truejedi
Flow-walking has got to the be the worst. I just have never liked Jacen, so it not only makes him the villian, he's the villian who seems so incredibly fragile... I mean, why not 3 masters on the mission to plant the homing beacon on him? Why kyle and 2 knights? it doesn't make any sense. You send Kyp, Corran, and Kyle, and THAT FIGHT ends jacen's life. Why throw away the life of a knight to put a homing beacon on him. wasted mission

Plus, Luke already said he would sacrifice one person to kill Jacen if he could do it again. (instead of leaving for Ben's sake.) Then he is faced with the exact situation in his stealthX, and once again doesn't pull the trigger on Jacen. So why go through his big moral dilemma if he's going to do the exact same thing again?

Atticus
Originally posted by Atticus

...... Jedi samurai??

caedusrulesall

Darth Sexy
Actually, Kyle, who was only second to Luke in saber fighting if even that, should have been able to take down Jacen. Sending 5 jedi and having Jacen wtfpwn everybody was absolutely retarded and made no sense.

truejedi
Actually, Kyle, who was only second to Luke in saber fighting if even that, should have been able to take down Jacen. Sending 5 jedi and having Jacen wtfpwn everybody was absolutely retarded and made no sense.

Exactly! you have the legendary Kyle Katarn, who has defeated almost as many dark Jedi in his time as Luke has, and Jacen beats him in something like 10 seconds? That was stupid, it gives no respect whatsoever for Kyle Katarn. Anybody remember how good this guy was in the Jedi Knight Series?

xxxpoppunker182
well he didn't really beat jacen if you read it something came from behind and hit kyle into jacens blade on accident

truejedi
not on accident, Jacen uses the force to pull the speeder into Kyle, so they give Jacen credit for it.

xxxpoppunker182
i know but jacen didn't intend for it to cause him to fall into his blade.

truejedi
Originally posted by xxxpoppunker182
i know but jacen didn't intend for it to cause him to fall into his blade.

really? i interpreted that differently i guess.

Darth Nemesis
Originally posted by caedusrulesall
Actually, Jacen points out in Inferno that flow-walking cannot affect the present, since the Force would correct any change that the flow-walker made, and the flow would return to normal. Also, since Flow-Walking cannot change the past and simply view it as if one was watching it on a TV screen, it's not really time-traveling, but rather time-viewing. It's kind of like the Star Wars people are watching a recording of the events of the past, but in person.

In the Dark Nest Trilogy Jacen flow-walked and and his mother saw him in the future. Also he made it very clear in other attempts to remain hidden so as to not affect the timeline. So there is definite contradiction in the series about this force power.

Blue_Hefner
Did Caedus kill Kyle? None of my stores have Star Wars books anymore

caedusrulesall
Originally posted by Blue_Hefner
Did Caedus kill Kyle? None of my stores have Star Wars books anymore

No, he didn't kill Kyle, just badly wounded him. It's like a lot of the stories where someone gets impaled through the stomach with a lightsaber blade. Technically it should kill them, but for some reason they always survive. I don't get it.

xxxpoppunker182
it all goes back to force healing trances

truejedi
Stupidity. How many times did they have to make it seem like alema rar died before she actually did? And the same with Jacen. He's been next to death in almost every book.

Blue_Hefner
Alema died? I've been tired of her since I read the Dark Nest

xxxpoppunker182
ya jag fel killed her

Blue_Hefner
What about Jaina? Didn't she do something?

xxxpoppunker182
jaina, jag, zek, han and leia were all in the mission to kill aleema. other than that she just trained alot

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.